Where apps are saved on iPhone from the App Store
It would seem that applications downloaded from the App Store are stored on the desktop. After all, after loading, an icon is created immediately. But it is only a link to launch the application executable file, and they are located in the device folders.
When using the iPhone file manager or the cloud, you might see a folder called Applications or Applications, but the computer program prevents you from viewing some of the iPhone’s system files. Therefore, the path to them is a little more complicated: / private / var / mobile / Applications. Application files downloaded from a third-party resource can be moved to folders of your choice using the download manager.
Note! App Store automatically installs all files by default in the correct folder.
How to Find Your iPhone Even If It’s Dead or Offline Updated for iOS 14
Where apps are saved from the App Store
Where downloaded music is saved
As mentioned earlier, to find your downloaded music files, you don’t have to look for where in the iPhone the download folder is. Music, like all other supported files, is loaded into a directory specially provided for it. But it is worth immediately answering the question. is it possible to download music from a computer by simple copying. You can, but only through iTunes or iTools.
This method upsets users by not allowing them to simply copy music from their computer. But there are also advantages to these difficulties. The media library is organized and all data is in its place, allowing the built-in player to correctly handle music files.
So, the downloaded music files end up in the following folder: / private / var / mobile / Media / iTunes_Control / Music. Movies are also stored in the same folder. Ringtones are saved in the same path, but not in the “Music” folder, but in “Ringtones”.
Where is downloaded music stored on iPhone
Where in iPhone downloads
Unlike Android, which by default provides access to folders with downloaded files, iOS does not. It shows the owners of the gadget only the disk with the remaining memory. Newbies start looking for iPhone downloads.
So where are the files downloaded to on the iPhone? The developers of the operating system have automated the boot process so that iOS itself distributes documents to the necessary disk directories for a particular class of files. That is, music is stored in a folder for music, and images in separate folders, with the rest as well.
Note! Files downloaded to iPhone are not stored in one place, but are sorted into folders. Regardless of the iPhone model, be it s, se or XR, the procedure for distributing downloaded files is the same everywhere.
File managers are programs that allow you to access certain iPhone folders and manipulate files. No such applications were provided by default. But with the advent of iOS 11, iPhones began to be supplied with the Files application, which gives the user access to content folders. However, access to system files remains closed. An alternative for any download manager is iCloud Drive, which allows the user to move and delete files. But as you know, the cloud only provides 5 GB of free space. Unlike iCloud Drive, the file manager uses the space of the device itself, which has a lot of storage.
File managers allow you to manipulate files
How to find lost or stolen iPhone in Hindi
Where in iPhone downloads and folder. where files are saved
iOS is a closed operating system, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time. The advantage of stealth is that users will not be able to delete system files and there is a very small chance of virus software getting into the system. Access to files and folders is carried out through special programs. file managers, which allow you to find, arrange, view, copy, move and delete downloaded content. The owner of the gadget does not have access to the system resources of the iPhone. they are simply hidden by default. An ordinary user does not need this. But, in order to find where in the iPhone downloads, you need to understand some of the features of iOS.
How to view files on iPhone saved or downloaded and transferred via Bluetooth
Where on iPhone can I find file downloads via Bluetooth or otherwise saved? As mentioned earlier, the operating system itself sorts the content into the necessary folders. Data transmitted via Bluetooth is no exception. If this is a document or file of an unknown format, then it goes into a separate “Downloads” folder or is outside the folders.
If there is a file manager, while downloading a document via the Internet or transferring it via Bluetooth, the system notifies that the download is complete. By clicking on this message, you can not only view the file, but also move it to any folder.
How to view files transferred via Bluetooth
Note! Starting with the iOS 7 operating system, Apple has implemented technology such as AirDrop. It works in conjunction with bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The function allows files to be copied between devices over a long distance.
Description of popular download managers for iPhone
The App Store offers a wide variety of download managers for the iPhone. The owner of the device no longer has to think about where the files are saved on the iPhone. However, the most popular, due to the benefits, received several such programs:
- iDownloader Pro. This product is a universal assistant for the iPhone owner. This program not only provides ample opportunities for downloading files and music, but also has its own file manager. It has a built-in browser that automatically disables ads. Downloads can be done in multi-threaded mode. Has a built-in multimedia player for background music playback.
- Mr. Download. This product is more like a Safari add-on. After all, its work is closely tied to the browser, namely, downloads from it. The program appears in the browser menu, the link is called “Share”. Each download from the browser activates the application, which opens a window with a description of the download in front of the user and asks for permission. The application asks where to download the file and starts downloading with a demonstration of its status. There is a function of background download and download of several files at once. The program is also capable of saving data to the cloud.
- DManager Browser Documents. It is an iPhone browser with a file manager. The user can control the download of any content and specify the path to save. It is a standalone browser, not an extension to the traditional one. There is also a function to block pop-up messages and banners. The browser allows for multiple tabs and multi-threaded downloads. With this handy application, you can navigate through file folders, create them, copy, delete and do everything that is available in ordinary file managers. Downloads can be paused at low internet speeds.
In general, one of the above download managers is sufficient. Functionally, they are all similar, the difference may be in the structure and interface. By installing the right software on your smartphone, you can save both space and personal time by eliminating the need for long operations. The download manager will forever save the iPhone user from unnecessary movements, especially for beginners who are just mastering all the delights of working with iOS.
What to do if iPhone app fails to download
Often, when downloading from the App Store, you will notice that the installation of the application or the download of content is stopped for unknown reasons. The first and most common is poor internet connection. Therefore, before downloading the application, you should make sure that the signal with the network is stable.
What to do if the download fails
Where documents are saved on iPhone
There are a lot of different document formats. Therefore, the iOS developers did not provide a separate default directory for them. Downloading documents is carried out from the Internet or a computer. If you have a standard “Files” application or a file manager, the downloaded documents are located in the download folder or separately in the workspace. Then they can be moved to any folder you like.
Note! In the absence of the previously listed programs, the easiest way is to find the downloaded documents in iCloud Drive. There is a separate “Documents” folder for them.
Don’t be limited to Apple services
By default, the file manager on iPhone and iPad only works with iCloud Drive cloud storage. But it also supports third-party counterparts. For example Dropbox. To activate them, you need to press the “Change” button at the top of the interface, and then turn on all the necessary services.
How to download files to iPad?
After that, you need to specify the cloud storage. If you want to save to the cloud, but not to iCloud, first install the program on your tablet. After clicking “save” everything is uploaded to the cloud. After the file is sent to the cloud, you can carry out some actions with it, for example, upload a book to the iBooks application for reading.
What is “Documents and Data”?
On iOS devices, two types of “Documents and Data” are stored: the first is located directly on the device and takes up internal memory (cache and other application information), and the second takes. where the data of installed programs is also stored.
Sometimes “Documents and Data” of an application should not be touched. for example, in the case of Spotify, tracks available for offline listening will act as them, and in Navigator these are downloaded maps of the area. If you delete them, you will not be able to fully use the application. But there are some programs that do not need “Documents and Data” at all: the same. which, with a “weight” of 32 megabytes, can take up to one gigabyte of free space.
Where to save files on iPhone and iPad?
As mentioned above, iOS is a closed, sandboxed operating system. On the one hand, this is great, because thanks to this, it is protected both from outside intruders and from the crooked handles of users who can accidentally break something.
On the other hand, this creates some barriers and inconveniences that do not fit into the minds of former owners of devices based on Android or Windows Mobile and so on, if only because there are no file managers or user folders as such.
In fact, there is a file manager, and it is called iCloud Drive, but it already works in conjunction with the cloud storage directly. You should not limit yourself to the brainchild of Apple, and you can use other storages, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, and so on, to which you can also upload files.
Also, each third-party application downloaded from the App Store, such as various kinds of video players, photo editors, office suites, and so on, has its own folder with documents, where you can also store files. Actually, file managers with a significant set of functions can be downloaded, but all the same, all work with files and documents will take place directly in the “Documents” folders allocated for each application separately. Each has its own “sandbox”.
Adding a tag
- Click “Select”.
- Click the file you want to add a tag to.
- Click Share Add Tags.
- Select the tag you want to add.
Saving a local copy of a file
Files stored locally are located in the “On [device]” folder on the Locations screen. To save files directly to your iPad, simply drag and drop them into the To iPad folder. To save a file locally to iPhone or iPod touch, follow these steps.
- Browse to the file you want to save on your device.
- Click “Select” filename “Place”.
- In the On [Device] folder, select a folder or click New Folder. to create a new.
- Click “Copy”.
You can also use a long press on the file, then select the “Move” command and the folder where you want to copy the file.
On iOS 12 or earlier, tap the file you want and select Move. Then, in the On [device] folder, select Numbers, Keynote, or Pages and click Copy.
How to Transfer All Data from iPhone to Android?
Using Samsung Smart Switch to Transfer Data from iPhone
- Go to Settings. Cloud & Accounts.
- Open Smart Switch.
- Choose how you will transfer data. via Wi-Fi (from the iCloud account, where the iPhone backup should be located, see
- Click “Get” and then select “iPhone / iPad”.
How to Transfer Apps from Android to iPhone?
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone (iOS) Easily
- Prepare your iOS device.
- Open the Android app. On your Android device, launch Move to iOS and fulfill all the conditions.
- Find out the code Go back to your iOS device.
- Enter the code After entering the code on your Android device, you should see a data transfer screen.
- Shut down
How to transfer data from android to memory card?
- Open the device menu.
- Select “Settings”.
- Find the item “Applications” or “Application manager”.
- Select “Application Manager”, if available on your device.
- Find the app you want to transfer.
- Select the “Memory” item, if it is on your device,
How to upload photos from Aycloud?
To download originals of photos and videos to your iOS device, select Settings [Your Name] iCloud Photos and select Keep Originals. On your Mac, open the Photos menu, choose Photos Preferences, and then choose Upload Originals to This Mac.
How to transfer data from Android to SD card?
To simply transfer the application, go to the settings, then select the third-party applications, the application you want to transfer, click the transfer to SD card button.
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone 11?
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone
- Run the command “Transfer data from Android” If the iPhone is already activated, open “Settings” → “General” → “Reset” → “Erase content and settings” and confirm the deletion of data.
- Use the Move to iOS app.
- Enter Security Code
- Transfer content
How to Transfer File from Android to iPhone via Bluetooth?
To do this, open the programs there and here. Press ⊕ on iPhone and select Connect Android. On Android, select Send and scan the QR code on its screen via iPhone. Thus, it will be possible to transfer not only photos, but also documents from the “Files” application.
How to upload any file to iOS
In order to download any document to your smartphone running Apple’s operating system, the user will need to take a number of simple steps:
- The first thing we will need to do is visit the site that contains the desired content. Then click on the link and hold it until a pop-up window appears. From the list, select the item to download the object.
- As soon as the file is downloaded, we click on the download button located in the upper right corner of the screen. From the list that opens, select the loaded object.
Done. Our file has been downloaded and now we can proceed to work with it.
Another way to download any type of file to the iPhone is to use the messenger. Telegram is best suited for this purpose. You can send any file with your computer, and then just click on it in the correspondence on your smartphone.
Another window will open in which we can save the file by clicking on the item indicated in the screenshot below.
Then we will be asked to choose the directory into which the download should take place. We indicate one of the folders, and then in the upper right corner of the screen, click on the inscription “Save”.
Thus, we can transfer any file to our smartphone from a computer or with the help of another user.
How to download videos to iPhone
Now, moving closer to practice, let’s figure out how, for example, to download a video from the network to our apple device. In fact, there is nothing complicated here:
- Having found some interesting content on the network, we click on the “Share” button. It looks the same on each site.
- Further, from the options intended for the distribution of the material you like, we choose exactly copying the link.
- Then we move on to a resource called 9XBUDDY. This is what we will use to download the video. First, paste the link copied to the clipboard into the field marked with a red frame. Then click on the button labeled “Download”.
- Another page will appear, where you will see several options for the quality of the final file. We choose the resolution and size that suits us. After that, click on the button “Download now”.
- As a result, the iPhone will warn you that the site needs to be granted access to downloads. We give the necessary powers by clicking on the button marked in the screenshot.
- The video will be added to downloads and, depending on the size, will be downloaded sooner or later. In order to access the downloaded files on the iPhone, you must click on the icon with the image of a downward-pointing arrow. It is in the upper right corner.
- A folder with downloads will open, in which you will find the files you just downloaded.
Well, we figured it out with the video. But what about a person who wants to download a different type of file to the iPhone? Let’s watch this question too.
Where are the downloads on the iPhone
Apple device users, especially those who switched to iOS not so long ago, are often confused about the functions of Apple’s operating system. In order to clarify this situation, today we will tell you where to find downloads on the iPhone. Thus, you will understand where the downloaded files are located, which means you can access them.
The instructions below apply to any smartphones from Apple. It can be iPhone 7, 8, 10, 11 and any other.
How to change the save location
If, for some reason, the folder used to download files is not suitable for you, and you do not know where to look for downloads on the iPhone, we can change the default directory. This is done like this:
- First, we switch to the smartphone settings, after which we find Safari there. Go to the item marked in the screenshot below.
- Here we can select the iCloud cloud, iPhone downloads folder, or another location. It is the last point that allows you to specify the folder that is convenient for you.
How to find your downloads folder
The first question that we will consider concerns the directory with the downloaded files. In order to understand where to view downloads in the iPhone, we need:
- First, among the offers of the smartphone, we find a program called Files. Let’s go to her.
It is in this directory that the downloaded files are stored. Consider a few more related points that may also be of interest to you.
Questions and answers
Once you understand where your iPhone downloads are saved, our step-by-step guide can be completed. We hope you will not have any difficulties in the process of working with an apple device.
But before we finish, let us remind you: any site visitor can get an answer to his question by simply describing his problem in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. We will respond quickly and try to provide assistance to anyone who needs it.
How to find out the latest iPhone Geolocation if it is turned off?
How to find iPhone if it is turned off (low)?
To do this, you should also use the iCloud website. The gadget in the list of devices will be listed as inactive, and on the map the label will be exactly where the program “saw” the iPhone until it “sat down”.
How to find out where the photo was taken?
In order to find out the GPS coordinates of the place where the photo was taken, you need to right-click on the photo file, select the properties item, go to the details tab and there you will find the desired coordinates.
How to view photos on the map?
You can see where your photos and videos were taken on an interactive map How to find your photos on the map
- Open the Search tab.
- In the section with information about the image, click on the map.
- Click on place names in date headers on the main photo grid.
How to find iPhone when offline?
How to enable offline search on iPhone and iPad
- Make sure your devices are running iOS 13 or later and have Find iPhone or Find iPad enabled.
- Go to Settings → Apple ID (your name) → Latitude and select “Find iPhone” (iPad).
- Turn on all three available switches.
How to see where another person is on iPhone?
To check your location transfer status, follow these steps.
- Click on “Settings” [your name]. In iOS 11, select the Settings menu [your name] iCloud.
- Click “Share Location”.
- Click [family member’s name] to share this person.
Is it possible to find a lost iPhone if it’s turned off?
The “Find my iPhone” function shows the location of the iOS device on the map only if it is activated and the smartphone or tablet is turned on. If the device is stolen, hackers just need to turn it off and take out the SIM card.
How to find your iPhone if it’s turned off?
How to find a turned off (discharged) iPhone
- Open Settings.> iCloud.
- Make sure you are logged into your Apple ID account.
- In the “Find iPhone” section, the function must be enabled.
How to track your child’s location on iPhone?
Sign in to the app using your Apple ID accounts; On the parent (tracking) device, click Add and select the child’s (tracked) device from the list, or enter the child’s Apple ID and click Done; Accept the request in the “Find My Friends” app on the tracked device.
How to find a lost iPhone if it’s turned off?
Open Find My [device] or go to iCloud.com and click the Find My iPhone icon. Select a device to view its location on a map. If the device is nearby, you can play a beep on it to find it by sound.