The design of the universal remote control is no different from the original models. Both types of devices have buttons for selecting channels, adjusting the sound, setting the timer and others.
Typically, both devices run on the same AA or AAA batteries. If you use one remote control for a large number of devices, then the batteries will have to be changed more often than in a conventional model.
Some features of the internal device may determine which devices can be controlled and how to set up the universal remote control. Gal LM p001, for example, has the ability to quickly connect to TV and SAT. Some other models are not equipped with this function.
Are they really versatile
Any remote control can be used with different models of TVs, players and air conditioners. There are, of course, exceptions. For example, what if you can’t set up the universal remote? How can you check if it fits a given device model? First you need to see the list of compatible models in the instructions for the remote control itself. If there are no instructions regarding this, and the connection cannot be established, the problem may be both in the remote control and in the TV.
The versatility of remote controls is determined by the fact that, unlike original devices, which can be configured to work with only one device, they can simultaneously work with different devices from different manufacturers. At the same time, they do not have to be reconfigured every time.
How to determine the TV code
Each device model has its own universal code that allows you to connect a remote control to it. It comes in three, four and five characters.
For example, to find out how to set up a universal remote control for Samsung, you need to look at the code information in the instructions for your TV or air conditioner.
It is important to remember that you need to enter the code of the connected device, and not the universal remote control.
Comparison of the original remote control with the universal
There is no external difference between the two types of control devices. They differ only in the set of functions.
The first and foremost difference is that universal remotes can be connected to a large number of devices and devices. You can use them at the same time. For example, using one universal remote control, you can turn on a TV, air conditioner, stereo system and any other electrical unit that allows control from a distance. Also, the remote control will allow you to control home theater functions, satellite dish and cable TV.
In addition, the cost of the universal remote control is lower than the original model, and the lifespan is generally longer.
For owners of old TV models, such a universal device will be a salvation in case the original controller is lost. Original remotes for previous models are simply not produced.
How to set up a universal remote
To establish a connection between your TV or other device and the universal remote control, follow these steps:
- Turn on the remote control and point it towards the device.
- Simultaneously press the OK or SET button (depending on the model of the remote control) and hold for 3-5 seconds.
- Enter the code corresponding to the device model.
- Then press the TV button to make sure it is connected.
If for some reason the remote control does not connect to the TV, you need to do these steps again. An incorrect device code may have been entered.
There is another way to set up the Huayu universal remote control. To connect such a device, you can use autosearch:
- Turn on the device to be configured.
- Press the SET button and then POWER.
- Release buttons at the same time.
- Press the POWER button again and release.
- Check if the sound volume indication appears on the screen.
- Press the SET button twice in a row.
Not all universal remote control models support the auto search function. It is also possible that the auto search function is not supported by the TV model itself. Therefore, for some cases there is only one way to set up the LM P001 universal remote control. manual.
Some brands have a quick search function. To connect in this way, you need to perform the following sequence of actions:
- Turn on the device you want to connect to.
- Press and hold the TV button for a while.
- Release the button when the power indicator is on.
- Press and hold the MUTE button.
- When the connection is made, release the button.
- It is easy to check the operation of the remote control. just change the channel or adjust the sound.
If none of the methods came up and the code specified in the instructions did not work, you can use the last method. sequential iteration of the code manually.
How to set up a universal TV remote? Instructions
If you lose your TV remote control, you don’t have to worry about it. There are always universal remotes on sale that, after a fairly simple procedure, can easily replace the original model. The process of connecting to a TV will take no more than 10-15 seconds. It is only important to know how to set up a universal remote control.
Smartphones with universal remote function
Some newer brands of phones allow them to be used as a universal remote control. In general, they can only be connected to TVs with Smart TV function.
To set up a universal remote control on a smartphone, you need to download a special application and follow the installation instructions that will light up on the screen. Using the program, it will be possible to interact not only with the TV, but also with other devices that allow the remote control function.
This useful feature is available for a limited number of smartphone and TV models. To use the phone as a remote control, both devices must have a Wi-Fi module, infrared port or Bluetooth connectivity.
Here the system will select the Toshiba TV code on its own. You just have to save it. Auto Tuning Guide:
- turn on the technique;
- point the remote control at the infrared port;
- click on POWER;
- hold it for 5-7 seconds;
- release when the indicator light comes on;
- all this time, watch the processes on the screen, and when you see the sound icon, click on POWER.
How to connect a universal remote to Toshiba: codes, instructions
How to set up a universal remote for a Toshiba TV? and more people are switching to a universal type of remote control. those that are suitable for all devices and different manufacturers. But there is one problem. if you haven’t used one before, then you don’t know how to set it up. Everything is not as complicated as it seems at first, because the principle of operation is consonant with the principle used by standard controls. It’s just that the signal is not locked for a specific device.
Manual debugging requires the introduction of the code we talked about above. Instructions:
- start TV;
- direct the remote control to its infrared port;
- find the pairing code in the instructions;
- press and hold the POWER and SOURCE keys simultaneously for 5-7 seconds;
- when the indicator light is on, release and enter the combination;
- test the connection.
Setting up a universal remote for Toshiba TV
There are three ways to connect the universal remote to your Toshiba TV. using auto scan, manually entering a pairing combination, and using the no-code option. Below we tell you step by step how to do it, and is it possible at all.
How to find the TV code
A characteristic feature of such remote controls is the code that is used for pairing. It is already pre-installed by the manufacturers of the console, and is placed in the instructions. There, in the form of a table or a list, popular TV models are given.
- Beko 126.96.36.199.165
- Belkor 009
- BELL HOWELL 006.038.106
- Beon 018
- Binaton 063
- Black Panther (Black Pentera) 158
- Blackstrip 040.106.108.172
- Blaupunkt 059.060.061
- Blue Sky 064
- Blue Star 075
- Boots 063
- Lloyd 177
- Lloithron 016.172
- Luxman 025
- LUXOR 068.094.097.099.102.124
- Standard 004.063.064.098
- STARLITE 052.161
- Stern 042.076.099
- Philips 007 008 009 010 011 012 013 014 018 019 023 089 110 124 138 160 161 172 177
- Phoenix 160
- Prima 040.106.172
- Toshiba 017.026.038.040.069.108.182
- TOSHIBA 035.034.130.1141.164.188.
We focus on the fact that a combination for pairing is the main requirement that will allow you to establish a signal between the equipment and the remote instrument. It is not required only if the “remote control” is native, and came with the device. If this option does not suit you, then use your smartphone. Almost every model has a utility that replaces the remote control. If you do not have the built-in one, then it is possible to download it from the Play Store for Android, or Appstore for iPhones. They do not require identification or any keys. You just need to choose your model and establish a signal.
How to find the TV code
To set up a universal remote and then pair it with a TV from Samsung, LG, Philips, Toshiba or some other, you will have to get the model code of the TV receiver. As a rule, each brand provides several combinations at once (if one does not fit, try another).
There is also a command that starts auto-selection. The TV code for subsequent connection with the remote control is taken from the model’s data sheet or on the manufacturer’s website. The UPDU itself is also usually accompanied by a handbook, where the main codes are indicated.
The TV code is listed next to the general information.
Setting up universal remote controls
The remote control must be powered by installing batteries or rechargeable batteries in it. Batteries are not included in the kit. they are purchased separately. Batteries are recommended, although they are more expensive, they provide for recharging.
Next, they turn on the TV with which the PU will be used. Press the “TV” button for 3 seconds, which is set to the mode (TV, DVD, Audio or PVR), until the indicator on the front of the TV set lights up.
Further steps are different. If the code is known. perform manual configuration, if not. automatic.
Difference between original and universal remote
If the subscriber is connected to digital television, he probably has a receiver and a complete remote control (universal or sharpened for a certain model). Outwardly, it is similar to a standard remote control: a plastic case with buttons, inside of which there are microcircuits, LEDs and a power source. The peculiarity of the universal remote control is that it can be “tied” to different equipment. The wiring diagram of the device allows you to program several devices into it.
It works like this: the IR remote control sensor transmits the code to the technology sensor. The device is given certain commands, whether it is the choice of another TV channel, setting the sound volume. One remote control for all home electronics is convenient and eliminates the accumulation of remote controls on the cabinet, in which it is easy to get confused.
Visually, an ordinary remote control does not differ from a universal one. The fundamental difference is in microcircuits. How does a conventional PU work:
- The user presses the button, thereby activating the microcircuit, where electrical impulses occur.
- The pulse arriving at the diode is converted into an IR beam and transmitted to the associated equipment.
- The TV receiver contains a phototransistor that receives this signal and converts it into a pulse, which is transmitted to the control unit. As a result, the command chosen by the viewer is executed.
The method used to control electronics by means of a remote control is called pulse code modulation. Its distinctive feature is that each team has its own 3-digit code.
Universal consoles are learners. They are customizable for any equipment, which is convenient if the complete remote control is lost. The microcircuits in it contain special software with a code base, which makes it relevant for controlling almost any TV model.
In this case, you need a pairing code. After entering it, they perform specific actions, depending on the model of the remote control.
- Supra. PU point at the TV set, hold down the “Power” button, after which a window will appear on the screen where the code is entered. The LED will confirm by flashing that the correct combination has been selected. “Power” is released;
- Huayu. Hold down “Power” and “Set” until the indicator flashes. Enter a 4-digit code. When the diode goes out, press on “Set”;
- Beeline. Clamp “C” and “Setup”. The diode will blink 2 times. initialization is complete. The buttons are released and check the “bundle” by adjusting the volume.
The TV code must be entered within 1 minute. After that, the device is transferred to normal mode and you will have to repeat the procedure again.
This is how channels are searched.
For new TVs Samsung, PanaSonyk, LG, Philips usually take a universal PU from Supra. How to set it up:
- Turn on the TV and point the remote towards it.
- On the remote control, hold down the “Power” button for 5. 6 seconds until the LED lights up.
- The volume icon should appear on the display. If it can be increased or decreased, the setting is completed successfully.
“Set” button on the remote control.
- Turn on the TV set.
- On the PU they press “Set”, then “Power”, after which they are simultaneously released.
- Press “Power” again.
- The volume icon will appear on the display.
- To exit the settings, press “Set” twice.
- Turn on TV.
- Press the “TV” button until the LED lights up.
- To activate the search, hold down “Mute”.
- After the end, they check whether the TV reacts to pressing the remote control.
Setting up a universal TV remote control. procedure
The universal control panel is a useful invention for those who have a large number of household appliances at home. For example, several TV sets powered by a receiver, a home audio system, DVD and other devices that provide for remote control. In such a situation, the advantage of a universal remote is that all home electronics are controlled from it alone, which will eliminate confusion. The article will talk about how to set up a universal remote control for a TV. without this it will not work with either TV or other equipment.
If there is no digital combination, you can pick it up. How to do it:
- Turn on TV and direct the remote control towards it.
- Press “TV” and “OK” for 2. 3 seconds. At this time, all buttons on the remote will light up. You should wait until everything goes out, except for those that highlight the numbers.
- Without haste, they press the button that switches the “CH” channels until the TV turns off, which will indicate a successfully selected code.
- To save the parameters press “TV”.
There are no uniform settings for a universal TV remote control. each brand has its own algorithm of actions. But there are some similarities that can be gleaned from the described guidelines. In any case, the UPDU is a convenient device used to control all electrical equipment in the house.
Advantages and features of the universal TV remote control
Everyone knows how convenient and easy to use the remote control is. the TV can be switched from anywhere in the room any number of times. There is only one drawback with this small device. it is often lost or broken. And if there are several TVs in a house or apartment, their remotes mix with each other, get confused and cause difficulties. The best solution in this case would be to purchase a universal remote control.
The biggest plus of this small device is that it fits all TV models. You can program and configure it yourself, although sales assistants usually offer this service at the point of sale. The main thing is to know the codes of your home electronic device and enter them using the control panel.
Universal remote control options
To customize the universal remote control for any TV, you can use one of two options. In the first case, the presence of the original device is required, although this is not always possible. But if the “native” PU is at hand, you can set up the universal one like this:
- Simultaneous pressing of the same buttons on both devices, in the TV some parameters are changed, for example, volume level or channel switching.
- The programmable remote control remembers the connection with the TV by the pressed buttons, and in the future it will be able to change these parameters on its own.
This is a quick and easy way to set up, but rarely comes in handy. After all, a universal PU has to be purchased when the original device is not available for any reason. Therefore, the second setting method is more demanded and popular.
To set up a universal remote control, you need:
- All actions are performed when the TV is on.
- On the remote control, press and hold the Set (or Setup) button. You need to keep it until the red indicator lights up constantly.
- After that, press the volume control button until the red indicator flashes, and the remote control selects codes for TV.
- The appearance of the volume scale on the screen will indicate that the process of selecting the code was completed successfully.
- After that, you need to press the Set button again to memorize the set settings.
Benefits of a universal remote control
The latter option has several important advantages:
- fits all TV models;
- easy and quick to set up;
- can also be easily replaced by the next remote control;
- you can choose any PU, smaller or larger, as well as different colors.
Such a remote control is equipped with a program that is able to find the signal of any TV, unlike a model designed for only one specific TV. And the built-in base, containing the codes of any TVs, allows you to control each of them after the setup procedure. At the same time, the user does not even need an instruction, the sequence of work is simple and clear.
Features of remotes for Samsung TVs
Samsung manufactures many different electronic devices and home appliances. For Samsung TVs, there is a separate multifunctional remote control that does not need any settings, although it is not suitable for any other TV companies.
If you lose or stop working with the Samsung TV remote control, you can find and purchase a universal device for all models of this manufacturer and use the convenience of their factory settings. A simple and understandable instruction contains all the descriptions and answers to controversial questions.
If you can’t find such a remote control, Samsung TV can be switched with any other universal device that you have to configure beforehand. But the opposite will not work, the Samsung PU does not fit any other “blue screens”.
Thus, the universal remote control is a convenient and simple device that can be useful if the original device is lost or damaged. The ease of its settings will not take much time, and further operation will be as familiar as the previous PU.