WI-FI on the TV, set up the connection.
Turn on the TV and press the Settings button on the remote. Maybe it will be called something else. But the meaning is the same. You should get into the settings menu. Next, I will explain using the example of an LG TV. As already noted, I have exactly LG.
There is a “Network” tab in the settings. In it you need to select the item “Network Connection”.
Then you need to click on the item “Set up a connection”.
A list of available wireless networks will appear on the screen. Choosing the right.
We enter the password, if, of course, there is a need for this, and such a need will be if the router already has a password.
If the password was entered without errors and there are no problems with the network, then a message will appear on the screen saying that the wireless network is working properly. Confirm by clicking ok.
WI-FI channel in the router settings.
Due to the fact that interference appears on the channel, many problems arise in the operation of the Internet via Wi-Fi. We are talking about router channels, yes, there are such channels!
Frequent interruptions in the Wi-Fi connection, low connection speed, unstable work, etc. All this may be due to the fact that other networks start working on the channel on which your network is operating and it turns out that the channel is very busy.
Because of this, problems with Aunt Shura can be hit, and of course if you watch a movie from a computer on TV.
So there is only one conclusion, the signal of your router and the neighbor’s (house, entrance, apartment) intersect, which means that they work on the same channel.
Because of this, unpleasant problems arise: low Internet speed, disconnected connection and many, many other problems.
WI-FI on the TV, what to do if we have problems with signal reception
It may not be the most popular router, but to someone it is nicer than all the rest. The login is the same, but you don’t have to specify the password. Open the highlighted tab. And in the “Channel” point, enter your value.
WI-FI on TV, why clicking?
I’m kidding, my TV has two remotes. So in the working (small) there is a bear function, like on a computer, An arrow is visible on the TV screen, which you point to the desired one and click with the remote control wheel.
Distracted, but not a problem. CONTINUE.
Sometimes you may be asked to enter IP or DNS. Select “Automatic”. A network map can be created in the same way. As you can see, there is nothing difficult in starting to watch movies on TV via WI-FI.
If your router and TV support WPS technology, then you are a happy person.!
Just press the WPS button on the router and select the appropriate item. “WPS” in the TV settings. The TV will immediately connect to the network and will not require additional data input.
But if you connected and the signal is bad, even with interference, then it makes sense to dig further.
incorrect router settings
If the phone does not see only the home network, but shows other access points in the house / apartment or in other places, the router is probably not configured correctly to work with your phone. Then you need to enter the router control console and double-check the set parameters.
- Make sure the mobile tethering function is activated. To do this, open the section “Wireless network settings”, the name of the item differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. It is important to check the boxes next to “Enable wireless router broadcast” and “Enable SSID Broadcast”.
- Change your network mode to a less modern standard, such as 11b or 11g. Since some phones are equipped with outdated standards and do not always see the Wi-Fi network, with new standards.
- Also change the region, channel and channel width if the above recommendations are ineffective.
Why the phone does not see the WI-FI network
Problems affecting the display of access points are conditionally related to problems:
- On the mobile device side.
- On the side of the router.
To fix problems with displaying Wi-Fi networks, you need to correctly diagnose the problem. To identify the cause, the best way is to connect another mobile device. If the second smartphone also does not see the wireless network, then the problems are related to the router or incorrect settings. To clarify the latter, it is better to connect to another access point.
the option to hide access points with low signal is active
There is a function in the Wi-Fi settings that allows you to hide the display of access points where the signal level is low or often interrupted. Deactivating this option will expand the number of available access points nearby.
Open the phone settings. Wi-Fi. advanced settings in the drop-down list. uncheck the box “do not use weak connection”.
Reason: failure of the Wi-Fi module on the phone
Sometimes the phone has problems that prevent it from displaying the list of available access points. often this problem is observed in custom firmware, where the Wi-Fi / mobile network is not debugged.
- Reboot your device.
- If problems started after changing the firmware / communication module, flash the factory system back.
Broken Wi-Fi adapter
To determine the probable cause of a malfunctioning wireless module, inspect the TV for mechanical damage. Check device performance and health.
Not all Samsung TVs are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. Therefore, check if the required module is present. All information is indicated in the user manual and technical specifications. You can always get an external adapter for later setting up a connection to a Wi-Fi network. It plugs into the USB interface.
If the TV is equipped with a built-in module, then the functionality of the hardware component is checked as follows:
- Try connecting to your home network from your smartphone or tablet. If it fails to connect from another device, it means that the built-in Wi-Fi module is not working. Contact the specialists so that they can solve the problem.
- Open the main menu on your TV by clicking on the “Support” option. Now select “Contact Samsung”. Scroll down the web page. The corresponding numbers will be indicated in the MAC-address line. If the combination consists of zeros or dashes, then the module is faulty.
Sometimes Samsung TV does not connect to the Internet due to incorrect settings that were set by the user. They can be reset. How to do it? Find out now.
What to do if your Samsung TV won’t connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi
Thanks to setting up an Internet connection, the Smart TV platform has become extremely popular. Mostly users buy devices that support this function. However, what if the Samsung TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi? Why this problem appears and how can it be solved?
There are several types of faults. For example, the TV does not see the router, or the desired network is detected, but the TV device does not connect to it. Now let’s analyze the failures in the wireless connection to the Internet.
Very often, connection problems arise through the fault of the user. Not everyone knows how to connect a TV to a home network.
Possible problems and solutions
Why won’t the TV connect to my home network? There are many reasons. Sometimes it is extremely difficult even for a professional technician to determine the cause of the failure. Let’s consider the main prerequisites for the emergence of problems with the Internet:
- the network equipment is configured incorrectly;
- Smart TV settings are incorrectly set;
- problems with the operating system of the TV;
- problems with the provider;
- weak signal.
To quickly understand why the Internet is not working, take a look at this table, which contains the main reasons for the lack of connection and how to fix the failures.
Turn off the router and TV, and then turn it on again; reset network settings; install operating system updates.
The user is connecting to a different Wi-Fi network
Go back to the network settings section and then select the name of your home network
Re-enter the security code in the appropriate field
Incorrect operation of the dynamic configuration of the network node
Configure automatic assignment of DNS values and IP address settings. Go to “Network”, then to the “Network Status” tab. Select “Configure IP” and then set the value to “Obtain Automatically”. Did the problem go away? Enter the settings manually: IP, mask, gateway, DNS. this information is provided by the provider.
Software glitch and system errors in the TV
The issue is fixed by updating the firmware
In order for the router to distribute a signal without errors and failures, place the router as far away as possible from sources that emit electromagnetic waves: cordless phones, microwave ovens and other devices.
Connecting Samsung TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi is not much different from connecting devices released by other popular manufacturers. The only difference is the different names of the subsections of the main menu.
Quick guide for connecting Samsung TV to Wi-Fi
To determine the causes of problems with connecting to wireless networks, you must first carefully study the main features of setting up a Wi-Fi interface. It cannot be ruled out that the TV is not connected to the router due to incorrect user actions. Follow the simple instructions:
- Turn on the router.
- Take the remote control and open the main menu of the TV.
- Go to the “Network” subsection, and then select “Network Settings”.
- Choose the best connection method. “Wireless Connection”.
- Connect to your home wireless network.
- Enter your password and click “OK”.
The step-by-step guide clearly demonstrates that connecting to the Internet via Wi-Fi is a very simple and straightforward process. Users shouldn’t have any problems.
What to do if the Internet was there, but then stopped working? It is necessary to determine the cause of the failure. Based on this, remedial measures are determined.
Changing the Router Location
What to do if the TV does not see the router or the Internet periodically disappears. The signal quality directly depends on the distance between the TV and the router. Walls, furniture. all these are obstacles that negatively affect the quality of the connection.
Therefore, if the TV does not find your home network, then try placing the router a little closer. This applies to cases when the TV and the router are in different rooms, which are separated by a large corridor.
After changing the location of the router, the TV will see the home network. The user does not have to look for alternative ways to solve this problem. The solution is very simple and does not require any special skills.
Resetting TV and router settings
Resetting the network parameters is quite simple. As an example, let’s take a look at the step-by-step instructions for Samsung Smart TV:
- Turn on your TV device.
- Press the buttons quickly in the appropriate sequence: Info, Menu, Mute, Power to open the system menu.
- Select the “Option” section by pressing the Enter button.
- Activate the “Factory Reset” function.
- Turn off the TV to close the service menu.
Turn on the TV and re-configure the device after changing the name of the home network and its password.
If you still can’t connect to Wi-Fi, do the following:
- manually change the DNS value to parameters: 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124. First you need to disable the “DHCP” option on the router;
- open the main menu, and then the section “Control”, switch to the subsection “Sub Option”, and then to the tab “RF Mute Time”. Set the frequency with which you will switch to the next TV channel (you need to specify the time in milliseconds). Initially set to 600 milliseconds.
If you are still not connected to the network via Wi-Fi, you need to reset the router settings. It is very easy to do this, but you should only do it if you are sure that you can configure it again. When turning on the router, hold down the WPS / Reset button (for about 10 seconds) until the SYS indicator starts flashing quickly. Release the button and wait for the device to roll back to the basic parameters.
In order for Smart TV services to function correctly and without any disruptions, you need to update the software in a timely manner. There are 2 main methods for updating the operating system firmware: via the Internet or using a flash drive. Step-by-step instructions for installing updates on Samsung TV from a USB flash drive:
- Open the official web portal of the manufacturer.
- Enter the model name of the device you are using in the search bar.
- Switch to the “Support” tab.
- Go to the “Software” section.
- Select the latest firmware from the drop-down list.
- Follow the link to download the update files.
- Create a folder “Samsung_dTV”, and then upload the downloaded files there.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector of the TV.
- The system will automatically offer to install system updates.
- Click on the “Run” button.
Never turn off the TV until the update installation process is complete. It is advisable to use an uninterruptible power supply. Since voltage drops cannot be ruled out.
Now you know what to do if Wi-Fi is missing on your Samsung TV. If the TV device stops picking up the signal or the Internet speed is very poor, use one of the listed solutions.
If the user has connected an external Wi-Fi adapter, and the TV does not see the device, then this indicates a compatibility problem. To avoid such difficulties, buy only branded devices. It is advisable to purchase a device from the same company as the TV.