Wireless via DLNA
DLNA technology allows compatible devices to share a variety of content over your home network. If we translate the decryption of the abbreviation DLNA, we get the “digital home network alliance”. Connecting devices using this technology can be both wired (ethernet) and wireless (WI-FI).
How to transfer video from iPhone to TV using this technology. For transferring files to TV, consider the wireless method. To do this, we need a WI-FI network, to which it will be possible to connect both the TV and the iPhone.
For LG TV equipment, you will need to install the Smart Share program, and for Samsung. AllShare, for other models you also need to find out which software is suitable for these purposes.
For iPhone, you can download Twonky Beam. The app is free. It has a number of built-in services, with the help of which it is immediately possible to display the image on the TV. Including a built-in browser. When the application starts, you need to determine the device through which the file will be played.
There are also applications such as iMediaShare, TV Assist, Belkin MediaPlay. The principle of their work is similar.
If you plan to frequently use data transfer to TV, then it is better to download a paid program once to ensure full functionality and no advertising. When you start the application, you will need to select a TV from the list and you can start transferring content.
If the TV does not have a WI-FI module or it is not compatible with iPhone applications, you can use a transmitter that connects to the TV device via HDMI input, and receives a signal from the phone wirelessly.
You can install the AirBEAM TV app on your TV and transfer data by enabling AirPlay on your iPhone. But this software is not suitable for all TVs, so first you need to use the trial version (since the application is paid) to check compatibility with your TV.
For example, consider how to use the connection option for a Samsung TV.
- Turn on TV and connect to home network WI-FI.
- On iPhone, launch AirPlay and select a TV from the resulting list of devices.
- Now the phone screen will be mirrored on the TV.
- Except in rare cases, no additional equipment is required;
- Need special applications to connect both devices;
- The data transfer speed may not be too high due to the limited bandwidth (this applies to the wireless connection);
- The emergence of new video formats may not be readable on TV.
Another option is to use Wi-Fi Direct technology. In this case, the transfer will be carried out directly from one device to another without using a router.
In order to use Wi-Fi Direct technology, both TV and mobile devices must support it.
- On the iPhone, find the menu “Wireless networks and connections”. “Wi-Fi Direct”. “Activate”;
- Find “Network”. “Wi-Fi Direct” on the TV equipment;
- Select your iPhone from the list and send a connection request.
Ways to Watch iPhone Videos on TV
The development of technology does not stand still. When the operating system began to appear on TVs, it significantly expanded the list of capabilities of this device. In addition to going online, downloading applications, installing games for TV, it became possible to synchronize TVs with their mobile devices. Now, from the TV screen, you can view photos and listen to music that is on your smartphone or tablet, which is much more comfortable to do on a large screen.
Let’s take a look at exactly how you can watch iPhone videos on TV.
This method is only suitable for viewing photos and images, as well as videos that are stored in the Files menu on your phone. In this case, the phone will act as a storage disk and there will be no screen mirroring. To connect, just connect the cable from the iPhone to the Lightning connector of the phone and to the USB port on the TV.
Before connecting the device, it is better to disconnect.
How can I output video from the iPhone in this case and is it possible to watch a movie?
Jailbreak significantly expands the functionality of iPhones, but a device with such plugins is not subject to warranty service and cannot be updated to a new version.
HDMI, or composite connector
Any modern TV has one or more HDMI ports. This technology allows you to transfer high quality video data at high speed.
It is possible to display the image from the iPhone by directly connecting the cable between the phone and the HDMI TV port. At the same time, it is even possible to show videos in high quality without delay. And this is available for all Smart TVs and regular TVs with the corresponding connector regardless of the model: LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.
There is no need to install additional software, but you need to connect the Apple Lightning port (or for earlier models. 30-pin) and HDMI / VGA. But, accordingly, you need to purchase an Apple AV cable and Lightning Digital AV adapter.
- Devices are disconnected;
- We connect the cable to the HDMI port on the TV, and the other to the AV adapter;
- We connect the adapter to the iPhone;
- Now you need to turn on both devices;
- After switching on, the desired connection should appear automatically.
If the automatic installation did not occur, then manually it is done like this. On the iPhone, in the settings, activate the transmission via HDMI, and on the TV, select the HDMI signal as the source, which is involved (if there are several ports)
Of the shortcomings, it can be noted that a special wire and adapter are needed to connect, fortunately, the market offers many different options. And the presence of a wire reduces the comfort of use in this way.
If there is no way to connect to HDMI, you can use the composite connector (otherwise called “tulip”) and Apple’s Lightning VGA adapter. This option is suitable if the TV has an analog input.
- Connect adapter to iPhone.
- Connect the cable to the TV (each plug must be inserted into the corresponding jack). In the VGA cable, the audio input is connected separately.
- After connecting the devices, the settings should be loaded automatically. If this does not happen, you will need to perform a manual configuration.
- Turn on the TV to the required input signal. To do this, in the TV settings, the iPhone is selected as the signal source.
- You can now play videos on your phone. over, on earlier iPhone models, only programs that play media content will be displayed, and in later models, the screen will be duplicated.
Composite and 30-pin connector does not support Full HD data transmission
Using an Apple TV box
Apple TV is a device designed to transfer data to the TV screen from Internet services, iTunes, any Apple devices: players, computers, smartphones and tablets.
Apple TV provides access to all kinds of video and audio resources, and if you do not have a Smart TV, then it will give it the functionality of such.
This set-top box is a small device that transmits data in streaming mode, that is, it does not store it. Can play HD and Full HD without lag and with multi-channel audio.
Connects Apple TV to TV via HDMI or analog connector.
AirPlay is a technology developed by Apple for wirelessly streaming media content between devices that are compatible with this technology.
After connecting the Apple TV set-top box, you need to connect all devices to the WI-FI network and turn on the AirPlay option on the iPhone.
You can enable Screen Mirroring on iPhone to mirror your phone screen on TV.
But if you do not have an Apple TV set-top box, and you do not want to purchase it (and its cost is rather big), then the question arises whether it is possible to use AirPlay without an Apple TV device.
For displaying on the computer screen, there are programs (at the moment AirServer and Reflector are considered the best) that can replace Apple TV. And dr.fone for iOS, which, among other features, has the ability to repeat the screen of a mobile device on a monitor.
But in order to play content on a TV without an Apple TV, you need to look for alternative ways. In particular, by installing the iMediaShare application, but this already applies to DLNA technology. Although the application may well replace the purchase of an Apple set-top box.
In addition, analogues of the Apple TV device appear on the market, for example, the BSPW-100U adapter (universal wireless dongle). It supports AirPlay, but you can broadcast through it not only from the iPhone, but also from devices with other operating systems.
Broadcasting from the phone can be carried out in automatic and manual mode.
In the first case, this is done as follows:
- Connect the TV device and the phone to the same WI-FI network;
- Open YouTube app on TV;
- Synchronization should be done automatically;
- In order to start broadcasting, you need to select “Screen”. “Broadcast” in the phone settings;
- From the list you need to select the device to which the transfer will be performed.
If the transfer did not work, then you can check the Internet connection settings or try to connect manually:
- You need to launch the YouTube application on your TV and go to “Settings”;
- Find the item “Connect the TV to the phone”;
- Check “Manual” on the page;
- Open the YouTube application on the iPhone and also go to “Settings”;
- Select “View on TV” and enter the code that appears on the TV screen;
- After that, the phone display should be duplicated on the TV.
You can also go from your phone to the link: https://www.YouTube.com/TV.
And the connection is performed in the same way as in the application.
This manual applies to smartphones with Android 7.0 and higher system. However, on older versions of the system, only the names of the items in the settings will differ. What should be done:
- Open the shade by swiping your finger down from the top of the screen.
- Turn on mobile internet if you haven’t already.
- Click on the “Settings” button in the upper right corner.
- Next, go to the “Connections” section.
- Then in “Modem and access point”.
- Slide the switch in the Mobile Hotspot line to the on position. If you are connected to Wi-fi, the system will offer to turn it off, since the simultaneous use of these functions is impossible.
- The smartphone will generate the network name and password itself. To change them, click on the line “Mobile hotspot”.
- In the window that opens, you can change the items you need. Any network name can be set, but only in English, and the password must be at least 8 characters long.
- That’s it, now Samsung works for you as a router.
Options for how to connect the Internet to a TV via a phone
Modern TVs must be able to not only display an image, but also connect to the Internet to watch videos and work on social networks. On old models, it will hardly be possible to implement such functions, but on new “Smart TV” it will not be difficult. In this article, we will figure out how to distribute the Internet from a phone to a Smart TV using an access point.
Setting up Wi-Fi “Hotspot” distribution on Android
This method is one of the simplest options for getting the Internet out of Android. Its essence lies in using a mobile phone as a Wi-fi router, to which several devices can be simultaneously connected. For implementation, we need a smartphone with access to the mobile Internet and a sufficient amount of traffic.
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Depending on the version of the system and the phone model, select the item “Mobile networks”, “Modem mode” or something similar.
- Turn on the function through the switch on top.
- Then click “Configure Access Point”.
- Here we indicate any network name you like, the type of protection and password if desired. If you are not sure which security to choose, WPA2 PSK is recommended. The network password is entered in Latin letters.
- That’s it, the setup is over. Now any device within a certain radius, including a TV with Smart TV, will perceive your phone as a router that distributes the Internet.
When you try to enable the function, you will receive an SMS with a description of the problem on your phone, or the connection will occur, but the Internet on the other device will not work. Check with your operator for details. The principle of setting up distribution on all phones is similar, but in some respects it differs. Below we will analyze in detail the connection on different models of smartphones.
How to connect a network to a device with Smart TV via Wi-Fi?
After you have set up the distribution of the Internet, it remains to connect the Smart TV to the network. In this article, we will look at the connection process on more popular Samsung models. Connection:
- Press the Menu button on the remote control or the TV itself.
- The settings menu will open, select the “Network” item in them, then “Network Settings”.
- A window will appear on the screen where you will need to select the type of connection, select wireless and click next.
- Smart TV will start searching and display a list of available networks.
- In it we find our phone acting as a router. Enter the previously set password and connect.
- Everything, the TV is connected to the Internet, click “Ok”.
On other TV models, the connection differs only in the name of the items in the settings.
According to the developer himself on the official website, this manual is suitable for almost all LG models. Do the following:
- Go to Menu, then Applications, and from there to Settings.
- Click on “Networks”.
- Then “Shared modem and networks” and “Wi-fi access point”.
- Click “Create Access Point”.
- Here you can change the name and set a password by touching the “Security” button. If you choose WPA2, the system will automatically generate a key for the network, it is recommended to write it down. If you select WPA2 PSK, you can set the password yourself.
- Tap “Save Changes”.
On some LG smartphones, the menu item “Access point” is missing. this is not a problem of the Android system, but of the operator’s firmware, which thus prohibits the distribution of unlimited Internet. This is treated with root rights, you will find detailed instructions on the thematic forums.
The instruction is written on the example of a Sony L1 phone, Android 7.0, but the principle of connection on other Sony phones is almost the same. Instructions:
- Go to Settings, the tab.
- “Modem mode and access point”.
- In the item “Access Point”, click on the switch on the right.
- To configure the network, there is a line “Setting up a mobile hotspot” below, in which you can make your device invisible, connect using wps and enable the power saving function.
- In the item “Setting up the access point” you can change the network name, change or remove the password and select the type of security.
- Save changes and connect to the internet on another device.
AV cable connection
If it is not possible to use the first 2 methods, an analog cable comes to the rescue. True, the image quality may be slightly lower than when synchronizing TV and phone via HDMI or USB.
Nevertheless, the method is working and for its implementation in practice you will need the following cables (one of 3):
- Composite. insert the cable plugs into the RCA TV connector (“tulips” are multi-colored, so it is unrealistic to get confused when connecting), connect the other end of the cable to the iPhone via the Composite AV Cable adapter. Then go to “Settings”: for TV. activate AV, for phone. enable the option “Mirroring”.
- Component. useful for owners of Apple smart from version 4 and higher. The synchronization process is identical to n.
- VGA. suitable for 5th generation iPhones and newer, allows you to view content on a large screen in HD resolution (up to 1080 p.). Additionally, you need a Lightning to VGA adapter. You need to connect it to the light connector of your phone, then connect to TV via VGA cable. In this case, to output sound, you will need a separate channel, for example, a mini jack.
How to connect
How to connect iPhone (MRY42FS / A for example) to Samsung TV:
- take the wire from the delivery set of the phone;
- connect one end of the cord to the phone;
- the second. into the USB-connector of the TV (see the instructions where it is located).
How to Turn On TV by using only your voice | Siri turn tv on | Siri turn tv off | Apple TV
Synchronization of 2 gadgets occurs automatically. In addition, Smart will also be recharged during such a connection.
Nuance: the iPhone acts as a flash drive, i.e. viewing of online content is not possible. But all the pictures and videos stored in the memory of the gadget can be displayed on the TV screen without any problems.
Instructions on how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV: 4 proven ways
Content from a 4.7, 5.8, 6.5-inch or other iPhone can easily be viewed on a large 32-82 ″ TV screen from the Samsung brand. You just need to properly connect your iPhone to your TV. How to do it? Do you need additional accessories? The article discusses the main ways to sync TV from Samsung and an Apple phone.
How to connect
The catch is that Apple’s mobi-gadgets do not have an HDMI connector. The problem is solved by purchasing a special adapter for devices:
- 4th generation. Digital AV Adapter;
- 5, 5S, 6S and newer. AV-Adapter “Lighting”.
Now it’s easy to connect an iPhone like the XR to a Samsung TV: there is a Lightning cable (plug into the phone) on one side of the device, and an HDMI port (plug into a TV) on the other. Everything. The synchronization process will happen automatically.
Tip: If you have problems with the connection, you can go to TV settings and select HDMI as the signal source.
With this connection option, the so-called. mirroring. that is, everything that shows the smartphone display is duplicated on a large television screen.
The process is intuitive and does not require the purchase of additional accessories or installation of programs.
The method is suitable if the TV from Samsung TV has at least 1 required connector (for example, the 43NU7090 has 2 Eichdiemay ports at once). Where he is exactly located, you can find out by looking in the instructions for the technique or in video reviews dedicated to a specific television model.
This is a small console console. With its help, you can quickly, in high quality, display pictures, videos, games, etc. from a smart, the World Wide Web or iTunes to a large TV screen (in some countries, the system supports the voice control option).
How to connect iPhone to TV using Apple set-top box:
Tip: you can control the set-top box using any Apple mobi gadgets, having previously installed the TV Remote program on them.
The advantages of this method are as follows:
- even an ordinary TV model in tandem with an Apple set-top box turns into “smart” technology with Smart-functions;
- you can play any content from the iPhone memory or iTunes library on the big screen from Samsung;
- it is convenient to play games using the remote control (any programs can be installed from the App Store and display the picture on the TV screen).
- Apple TV is not a cheap purchase, and you can’t do without a set-top box;
- requires iPhone 4 or newer.
This was the final trick for pairing iPhone TVs. You can choose and try any of them, not forgetting about the “equipment”: wires, adapters, Apple TV.
Connection via additional devices
You can use additional devices to link your iPhone to your TV. Most often used:
- Google Chromecast;
- Apple TV.
Google Chromecast allows you to connect a TV and an iOS device. Externally, the device resembles a USB flash drive. Chromecast connects to a mobile device via a cable, and to a TV via an HDMI port. Thanks to Khromkast, you can watch movies, run games, and surf the Internet. No special knowledge of setting up the device is required.
Apple TV is a multimedia player. To configure the device, you must sequentially perform the following steps:
- Turn on your TV and Apple TV receiver;
- Switch TV to signal input;
- The device interface will appear on the screen. It is recommended to recheck the settings;
- Connect iPhone to your home network using a wireless connection.
After that, all devices will be synced. It remains only to transfer any video files or graphic images to the TV.
How to connect iPhone to TV
A device like the iPhone is becoming more popular every year. That is why the developers are doing everything to ensure that the device meets the expectations of buyers. Mobile device owners sometimes wonder how to connect an iPhone to a TV. In fact, there are several ways to connect:
- Using wireless communication;
- Via HDMI cable;
- Through an analog cable;
- With the help of additional devices;
- Via USB cable.
It should be noted that each method is unique and has its own capabilities. Connecting with some cables only allows you to transfer photos. Other methods allow you to watch movies and run games.
How to transfer an image via USB
It should be noted that you cannot duplicate the contents of the screen of a mobile device to the TV if you synchronize them via the USB interface. The iPhone will act as the storage medium. To connect your iPhone to your TV via USB, you need to use an appropriate cable. It is best to carry out the entire procedure sequentially:
- Disable TV and iPhone;
- Connect the cable to both devices;
- Turn on the TV and then the mobile device.
How to display video on TV screen if devices are synchronized via USB interface? To do this, you will need to use the TV settings. First, go to connected devices and then select video mode. It is important to note that modern TVs are capable of reproducing almost any popular formats.
As you can see from the instructions, it is not difficult to connect an iPhone of any version to a TV via a USB cable. It should be noted that it is also better to disconnect the wire after disconnecting the devices.
Broadcast via analog cable
You can display the image from the iPhone on the TV screen using an analog cable. Such a wire is popularly known as the “Tulip”. The disadvantage of this connection method is that it is impossible to transmit high-definition video through an analog cable.
You can connect to TV using one of the following wires:
- VGA cable.
So how do you connect your iPhone to your TV via composite wire? It’s simple, the “bells” are inserted into the TV, and the remaining end of the wire into the mobile device. With such a connection, the TV does not need to be set up, it is enough to turn on AV, and you need to turn on “Mirroring” in the phone. The function can be found in the settings.
With iPhone version 4 and above, the picture can be transferred to the TV using a component cable. The connection principle does not differ from the composite one. One end is inserted into a mobile device and the other into a TV.
The VGA cable is more complicated. To connect such a wire to a mobile device, you need to purchase an Apple Lightning VGA adapter. It should be noted that in this way you can connect iPhones version 5 and higher.
How to connect an iPhone to a TV
Before you start synchronizing your mobile device and TV, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the capabilities of TV. It doesn’t matter which device is used, Samsung or LG, the main thing is that it can connect to a Wi-Fi network.
If your TV supports wireless, you need to set it up. To do this, just go to the settings, and then turn on Wi-Fi. As soon as it is possible to organize the connection of the TV with a local network, you can proceed to the next step.
Users need to connect iPhone to the same local network. To do this, you need to select the appropriate connection in the settings. It is worth considering that you may need to enter a password.
In the next step, you need to launch an application such as Twonky Beam on your smartphone. The program can be downloaded from the Apple Store. When the application is installed and launched, you need to check the box next to the “Show or hide the visual”.
When the iPhone setup is complete, you need to select the video you want to transfer to the TV screen. Now it remains only in the additional menu to select the TV to which the connection will be made. After the inscription “Beaming” appears, the video will be broadcast.
To solve this problem, you need to additionally purchase an Apple Digital AV Adapter. This adapter has an HDMI connector. When you have all the components in your hands, you can connect them to the phone and TV.
First you need to turn off your iPhone, as well as your TV. Now you can connect the wire. One end plugs into the TV (the connector is located on the side or back). The other end connects to the adapter, which in turn needs to be connected to Lightning.
When the wire is connected to both devices, you can turn on the TV and iPhone. In most cases, devices are detected and configured automatically. After finding the TV, the Mirroring option is activated. Thanks to this function, the image is transmitted to the TV screen.
Sometimes there are cases when the connection cannot be configured in automatic mode. If this happens, you need to do everything manually:
- The iPhone needs to enable data transfer via HDMI. The parameter is enabled in the settings;
- On the TV, you need to turn on the signal source. HDMI;
- Wait 10-15 seconds.
After that, the image will be transferred to the TV screen. It should be noted that this type of connection allows you to transfer not only the image, but also the sound to the TV display.
Using Wi-Fi Direct technology
Almost all modern TVs are equipped with this technology. To broadcast images from your phone, you do not need to first connect the devices to the same router. The instructions for use are as follows:
- Activate the Wi-Fi Direct mode on your smartphone, you can find it in the device settings in the “Wireless Connections” section.
- Further, in the settings of the TV itself in the “Network” section, the Wi-Fi direct option is also activated. The TV will start looking for devices in the field of view. The name of the mobile device should be displayed on the screen, as a rule, this is the brand and model.
- Select a phone and connect to it, confirming your intentions by pressing certain buttons.
Now an image will be broadcast from the phone to the TV display, albeit with a slight delay.
Connecting Smartphone to Smart TV via Wi-Fi Direct
This technology is in great demand because it has many advantages:
- there is no need to additionally purchase and use adapters, cords, etc.;
- the ability to play media files of any size and format;
- this option allows you to spend time on the Internet, reading various articles and watching videos, for example, on YouTube;
- the mobile device can be charged at any time, since none of the connectors is used for signal transmission;
- no need to use network equipment to connect.
Note! Despite the large number of advantages, the technology also has disadvantages in the form of a quick discharge of the battery.
Air-Play is only available for iPhone phones. To use the technology, the user will additionally need to purchase an Apple TV, you can connect to a TV of any brand and model.
What needs to be done to connect devices to each other:
- Make sure your mobile device and Apple TV are connected to the same remote access point.
- On your smartphone, open the “Control Center” in the settings and tap on the “Screen Repeat” button.
- Select Apple TV from the list of available devices.
The appearance of the AirPlay set-top box for iPhone
After a short period of time, the image from the phone will begin to be broadcast on the TV screen.
How to connect your phone to a TV over Wi-Fi
Manufacturers of new TVs and mobile devices have developed several ways of pairing them in order to expand their functionality and ease of use. To select the preferred option, you need to familiarize yourself with the implementation features of each separately.
Image transmission via Miracast
Connecting devices via Miracast involves the use of innovative wireless data transfer standards. Important conditions for using the function. the TV must support this technology, and both devices must be connected to the same remote access point.
The step-by-step algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Turn on the TV and go to its settings, go to the “Network” tab.
- Among the available options, you need to find “Miracast” and activate it.
- Take a smartphone, lower the curtain and connect to TV through available wireless networks.
Connecting your phone to TV using Miracast
It is also worth considering that not all mobile devices support this data transfer technology.
Important! Depending on the brand and model of the phone, the OS version, the names of the menu sections may differ, but you can intuitively understand what this is about.
Via USB cable
You can also broadcast the signal from your phone to your TV using a USB cable. Step-by-step algorithm of actions:
- Using a USB cable, the smartphone is connected to the TV.
- After a few seconds, a connection notification appears on the phone screen. The user from the available modes must select “Connect as USB storage”.
- In the TV settings, the user only needs to select the “USB device” item, after which a drop-down list will be displayed on the screen. It is necessary to find the readable phone model in it.
Important! This method can be used for all TV models, the body of which is equipped with a USB output.
Apps for the phone to connect to the TV via Wi-Fi
There are many third-party apps for pairing your phone to your TV. There are paid and free programs, Russified and in English. Their interface in most cases is simple and straightforward. The most popular applications are Cast to TV and Cast Web Browser.
- Cast to TV is a free application with a simple and intuitive interface, the main purpose of which is to stream content using the Wi-Fi Direct protocol. The program is in demand due to its simple interface. Cast to TV functionality: the ability to rewind video from the phone, adjust the volume level, automatically search for available devices, built-in file identification.
- Cast Web Browser is designed to stream music, movies and photos to your TV. Also, users have the ability to transfer local files that are stored in the internal memory of the mobile device. The indisputable advantage of the application is the ability to turn off the phone screen during the broadcast in order to save battery power.
For Philips TVs there is a proprietary program. Philips MyRemote. It allows you to completely abandon the standard remote control. In addition to the basic functionality. volume, channel switching and image adjustment, the utility offers advanced features. Here we have text input, full-fledged work with a file manager and a problem-free data transfer over the home network. With one click, you can turn on screen broadcasts from related devices. tablet or personal computer.
Important! Turning on the TV using such utilities will not work. They work via Wi-Fi and connect only with the equipment already turned on.
LG TV PLUS and LG TV Remote
The official iOS and Android remote control app for LG Smart TVs currently available on the Play Store and App Store is called LG TV Plus and is only suitable for Web OS TVs. But you can find older versions of the remote called LG TV Remote and download them from third-party sites.
After launching the application, you will need to find a supported TV on the network, after which you can use the remote on the phone (tablet) screen to control its functions, change the channel and even take screenshots of what is currently shown on the TV.
- LG TV Plus Remote for Android
- LG TV Plus Remote for iPhone and iPad
TV remote control for Android phone, iPhone and tablet
09/13/2019 iOS and MacOS | for beginners | mobile devices | programs
How to Connect iPhone to TV Screen Mirror! (2020)
If you have a modern TV that connects to your home network via Wi-Fi or LAN, then most likely you have the opportunity to use your Android and iOS smartphone or tablet as a remote control for this TV, all you need is to download the TV remote on a phone that is an application from the Play Store or App Store, install it and configure it for use.
In this article. in detail about the remote control applications for Smart TVs Samsung, LG, Sony Bravia, Philips, Panasonic and Sharp for Android and iPhone, as well as about universal remotes for the phone.
I note that almost all of these applications work over the network: both the TV and the smartphone or other device must be connected to the same home network, for example, to the same router. it does not matter, via Wi-Fi or LAN cable, and only a few can also connect TV to IR (IR) if you have an infrared transmitter on your phone.
You may also find it useful: Unusual uses of Android phone and tablet, How to transfer images from Android to TV via Wi-Fi Miracast.
How to control a TV from a phone. methods and applications for controlling TV from a smartphone
Modern TVs are a real miracle of technology and have many interesting possibilities. At the same time, they are still controlled using the remote control. But did you know that the remote can be replaced with a regular mobile phone? This useful opportunity can help you out in a difficult situation.
Philips TV Remote
And one more official app. Philips TV Remote (formerly called Philips My Remote) for TVs of the corresponding brand. I do not have the opportunity to check the functionality of the application, but judging by the screenshots, we can assume that this remote control on the phone for the TV is no less functional than the above analogs.
Naturally, all the standard functions of such applications are present: watching online TV, transferring video and images to the TV, managing saved recordings of programs (the remote control application for Sony can also do this) and in the context of this article. remote control of the TV, as well as its configuration.
Philips TV Remote and Philips MyRemote official download pages.
Controlling your TV from your phone
All you need to link your phone to your TV are these two devices. They must meet the following characteristics:
- the phone must be on Android or iOS. Depending on the operating system, you will have different TV control applications available;
- the TV itself must support Wi-Fi. The largest number of controls are available for Android TVs. Some applications can also be connected via a regular Ethernet cable;
- old TVs can also be connected from a phone if your mobile device has an infrared port. Unfortunately, in modern phones, it is less and less common and it is rather difficult to find an up-to-date model with an infrared port.
It turns out that with the right combination of devices, you can connect from your phone to almost any TV.
Controlling your TV using apps
Many TV models require specific applications. Let’s figure out how to work with them.