Steps for setting up channels on Smart TV
“Smart TVs” are considered the most modern and high-quality models. They adjust automatically depending on the type of signal. Most modern TVs support Smart broadcasting. To clarify the information, you can go to the official website of the manufacturer.
The broadcast quality depends on the speed of the home Internet. Setting up digital television on a Samsung Smart TV follows the steps below:
No additional configuration is required. If the signal and quality of the Internet is poor, there will be interference on all channels.
Manual search: instruction
So, how to manually tune digital channels on a Samsung TV:
Unnecessary programs can be removed if necessary. To do this, just go to the “Broadcast” subsection and open the “Dispatcher” there. Removal goes through the “Tools” button.
How to find out your TV model and year
Setting up digital channels on Samsung begins with specifying the year of release and the TV model. You can do this in 2 ways: go to the TV menu or look at the label on the back panel.
- Through the TV menu. Find the “Menu” button on the remote control. Select “Support”. Then, “contact Samsung”. A screen will open with the item “model code”.
- On the device label. The information is written in the form of a code, where each letter has its own meaning, for example, UE32F6800. The information is decoded as follows:
- UE. TV type: UE / LE. liquid crystal, PS / PE. plasma.
- 32. diagonal, varies from 19 to 105 inches.
- F. year of manufacture, its classification: A. 2008, B. 09, C. 10, D. 11, ES / EH. 12, F / FH. 13, H / HU. 14, J / JU / JS. 15, K / KU / KS. 16, M / MU / Q / LS. 17, N / NU. 2018, S. premium variants of different years.
- 6800. digital designation of TV modification.
When the model is identified, check if it supports digital signal reception without a special attachment.
What to do if the TV does not see channels when searching
Auto setup for digital TV on Samsung doesn’t always go smoothly. The reasons for failures may lie in the antenna, receiver, correct connection of the TV to the equipment. To eliminate and restart autosearch, you must:
- Check if the receiver is connected to the TV correctly. If the connection is incorrect, the TV does not recognize the device and when you press HDMI 1, the information “no signal” will be displayed.
- Reset receiver settings to factory settings. perform a complete reboot. To do this, go to the menu, find the item “Settings” and “Reset” or “Restore factory settings.” If a password is required, enter 0000, 1111 or 1234.
- Try reconfiguring or reconnecting the antenna. You can purchase a signal amplifier that will provide a good connection. Consider the location of the house relative to the tower. The further it is, the more the antenna is needed.
The exact recommendations for advanced digital TV settings on Samsung TV vary by hardware model.
Channel tuning: automatic, manual
General scheme for searching TV programs for receivers:
- On the console from the console find the “Menu” button, most often it is the Sourc key
- In the window that opens, press HDMI 1. digital broadcasting will go through it.
- Find “Autosearch” and click start. The set-top box itself will select the appropriate frequency and save TV programs.
The exact sequence of searching for TV channels depends on the selected model of the receiver or the cellular operator to which you connected to watch digital TV.
Features of viewing channels through a set-top box
When choosing a digital set-top box, you should pay attention to the connecting cable connected to the TV. See what connectors you have: HDMI 2.0 or 2.1, tulips. Purchase an adapter to connect the set-top box and TV.
How to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV
Samsung TV varieties
Samsung has been making home appliances since 1930. In 1998, the company introduced the world’s largest LCD TV, measuring 30 inches. Modern models can be divided into 3 options:
- Models with built-in tuner for DVB-T digital reception
- External device options.
- TVs that do not support digital signal need a set-top box.
The digital channels themselves are broadcast via the Internet for Smart TV or via IPTV. Before setting up the equipment, you need to find out if the TV supports DVB-T2, and specify the year of manufacture and model.
Manual for models with a DVB-T2 tuner
Digital broadcasting on modern TVs that receive signals without a set-top box must be configured through the menu. Better to run auto-tuning, which will automatically read all available TV programs and save them under numbers. If you choose the “manual” option, you will have to tune each channel for a long time.
Instructions for tuning digital channels on Samsung TVs with a built-in DVB-T2 tuner in automatic mode:
- Go to the TV menu. Looking for the section “Broadcasts”.
- Open the item “Auto-tuning”.
- Indicate the signal source: antenna, cable, satellite.
- Determine the type of channels. choose digital broadcasting.
- Click on the “Search” button and select “Full” option and “Scan”.
- You are waiting for the configuration to complete. Find “Save” and enjoy digital.
There are situations when automatic tuning does not work, then you have to search and save channels manually.
How to set up Samsung manually
The manual method is used for older Samsung models. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Select the “Menu” button on the control panel.
- Now you need to click “Channel”, select “Antenna” and change it to “Cable”.
- The Country submenu will be available. Here you will need to enter a password, pin code, whatever you want to call. For each TV, it will be different. For example, the code is four zeros. Now you need to put the country of residence. Select “Russia” from the list, if not, then you need to select others or “Eastern Europe”.
- Now you need to go to the “Cable parameters” section. It is usually found in the main menu. If it is not there, then you need to look in autotuning. In some Samsung models, the developers decided to do just that.
- After you managed to find the desired section, you need to open it and insert the parameters: beginning. 298000 KHz, ending. 362000 KHz. All other parameters are already there.
- Now you need to open auto-tuning. If exclusively digital TV is used, then this item must be selected. You can also install analogue channels or digital TV plus analogue. Then click “Next”.
- Now you need to open the search mode and drive in “Network”. Click on the “Search” button. We are waiting for a few minutes. This is the time for the search and tuning of the necessary channels to end automatically. Then click “OK”.
After the system performs a search, all the channels that the cable TV managed to find will be automatically saved. But, only those that you have selected will be shown.
How to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV
Digital TV appeared in our country several years ago. Since then, it has been a frequently used channel connection option. And this is justified. After all, using digital TV, channels do not need to be tuned several times, just one is enough. Also, you do not have to adjust the antenna every time or re-tune the TV. In addition, there is no interference in the form of stripes or snow. Of course, if there is a breakdown on the tower, then there will be no signal and you will not be able to watch your favorite program.
Such a television format as DTV is the most popular among users. You don’t need to call a specialist to connect to free channels, you can do it yourself. The main thing is that the TV supports the DVB-C tuner.
Samsung TVs have such tuners. over, both on old models and on new ones, you can make a SIMilar setting. This is what we will talk about in the article.
How to auto-tune broadcasting on Samsung
You can set up digital television yourself or use the services of a telemaster. The setting is carried out immediately after the first connection. On Samsung TVs, the setup steps are the same. Such actions will not take much time. Even if you’ve never done a TV setup before, it shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes. If you do everything right, you can enjoy watching channels in good quality.
Configuration can be done automatically or manually. Everything will depend on what year your TV was produced. Newer models have a special tuner that helps you quickly tune your TV. You just need to connect the antenna to the TV. If you have a Samsung TV with the new Smart TV function, then you can do auto tuning. To do this, follow these steps:
- We go to the Samsung menu and select “Broadcast”.
- A window will open, in it you need to select “Auto-tuning”.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Now select the “Full” search mode and start the scanning process.
- This completes the television setup. Now it remains to wait for the Samsung TV to independently search for available channels and store them in memory.
It so happens that the channels disappear. In this case, you will have to configure special modules that will become available in the TV menu. After setting up all the items, you need to check the quality of the transmitted signal. If the channel is not activated, you need to go through all the steps to configure again.
How to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV
High quality television has long been included in our lives. Almost every house and apartment has a new TV system, and some of the brands of TVs have a Smart function (for example, Samsung).
At the same time, smart technology requires a smart user for itself. Since it will take some skills to set up digital TV. There is nothing difficult in setting up television, but you still need to be very careful and know how to connect a TV to a TV. Many Samsung TV users often ask questions about how to set up TV on a Korean TV.
How to Delete Channels on Samsung TV
If you don’t need a channel, you can delete it. To do this, you need to follow SIMple steps:
- You need to open all channels on your Samsung TV.
- Select the item “Dispatcher”.
- Now you need to select the channel that is not needed. You can also select multiple channels for deletion at once. To do this, you need to use the yellow button on the control panel.
- Now we press the “Tools” button, it is located on the remote control. Or you can use the button on the TV screen “Delete”.
After you confirm the actions, the channels will be removed from the list.
If you have a new Samsung TV model, that is, there is a Smart T. V. system, then the channels are deleted as follows:
- You need to find the button on the Smart Hub remote. It means system hub.
- You need to click on it. A form with the listed channels will open.
- At the top right, there is an editing section. It will describe all the steps to remove channels. You should only follow them.
Cable television is the next step in all television. Now you can watch programs and films in very good quality. We tried to tell you in detail about setting up digital TV on a Samsung TV. The setup will differ depending on which Samsung TV you have. Find and configure TV faster and automatically on the new model. On older models, you will have to manually configure it. Anyone can customize the TV on a Samsung TV. You can also edit channels on your TV. You can delete channels that you are not interested in.
Tuning of Tricolor TV channels on Samsung H-series TVs with CAM-module
If you have already performed any actions, then first we advise you to reset your Samsung TV.
Factory reset your Samsung TV
How to reset Samsung TV to factory settings:
- We go to the item “Support”. “Self-diagnosis”. “Reset”
- Enter the pin code (“0000” by default).
- We agree with everything written on the screen.
After the reset, we start configuring the CI module on Samsung.
Let’s move on to setting
We go to the menu and go to the satellite channel settings. As you can see, there is already a satellite “EUTELSAT 36E” here. We need to uncheck this satellite. To do this, click on the line “Select satellite”, look for “EUTELSAT 36E” and click on it (the check mark should disappear).
Now we need to create our satellite. To do this, find at the end of “User Sat 1”, mark it with a tick and click “save”.
Let’s take it to “LNB Settings”.
We see that there are no transponders and this function is not available. Let’s set the lower limit in the same way as the upper one, and now you can close the menu.
We go into the menu again, look for the item “Broadcast”. “Channel setting”. “Manual setting”. In this tab we can see our satellite “User Sat 1”. Press, we see “Transponder” and the item “Create” will become active.
Now we enter the frequency (for example 12418 “, then click” OK “. Enter the baud rate 27500, again click” OK “and” Save “.
Then press “Search”, the signal level will appear. Click “Search” again. It should immediately find six channels.
We go back to the “Transponder”, but this time we turn on the network search, and then press “Search” again.
A search will be made for all available frequencies of Tricolor TV transponders. For example, we found 277 channels and 40 radio stations.
Now we have inserted a conditional access model with an access card and we show all channels.
Thus, we also have a common interface, although it was previously inactive.
Set up digital TV channels on your Samsung TV
Samsung is one of the most trusted brands in the digital TV market. The most difficult task that you most likely faced yourself is setting up channels. Despite the intuitive interface, it is far from immediately possible to master the search principle on your own. Therefore, we wrote this article, in which we told as much as possible how to set up digital television on Samsung.
M, Q and LS series
After the cable from the room, street or general house antenna is connected, and the TV itself is turned on, you need to do the following:
- Turn on the general menu using the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Select the “Source” item. In it you need to specify the option “TV”.
- Turn on the menu again using the same button, select “Settings”.
- Go to the line “Broadcast” and select “Auto-tuning”.
- Click the Start button. A warning will appear on the screen that as a result the existing list of TV channels will be deleted.
- Select a signal source. You can specify “Antenna” (for terrestrial digital TV), “Cable”, “Satellite dish”, etc. depending on which TV you are connecting.
- Select the type of channels. You can specify “Digital” or “Digital Analogue”. In the second case, there is no need to further configure the connection of each local analog channel, if they are broadcast.
- If you are setting up paid channels, the interface will ask you to specify the operator. For cable, select Others. Since terrestrial television does not have this parameter, we just move on.
- Specify the mode in which the search will be carried out. Select the “Full” option. In this case, the system will search for everything that can be caught from the antenna.
- Start the procedure by clicking the “Scan” button.
- The found channels will start to appear on the screen (both TV, separate digital and analog, and radio stations) and an indicator showing which part of the range has already been scanned.
- After the completion message, press the “Close” button and exit the menu (on the remote control. “Return”).
You can start viewing.
Determine the series: decipher the model number
Digital channel setting differs depending on which series the specific Samsung model belongs to.
Therefore, first you need to determine which specific TV receiver we are dealing with.
You can do it like this:
- Take a look at the back panel.
There should be a factory sticker with basic information about the TV: type of power supply, year of manufacture, etc. At the very top there will be a combination of numbers and Latin letters. this is the model code;
- Go to the TV menu.
Select the item “Support” and the item “Contact Samsung”, information about the equipment will appear, including the desired combination of letters and numbers.
Let’s decipher the found number in order to determine the letter indicating the series:
in 2014 designated as AU (U);
instructions for setting up satellite channels. Checking if your Samsung TV supports digital TV
Before starting to search for channels directly, let’s make sure that the TV set is generally capable of catching a “digital”. Samsung’s lineup includes many series and even more of individual models. Not all of them have a built-in digital tuner, and some, although they are equipped with it, are made for the old DVB-T standard, and not the DVB-T2 used now.
Removing unnecessary channels and adjusting the order
To delete unneeded channels, proceed as follows:
- Open the menu, go to the settings section and select “Broadcast”.
- Go to “Change channels”.
- Using the “Enter” button, tick the boxes that should be deleted.
- In the side menu, select the “Delete” item.
- Press the “Yes” button to confirm and switch the TV to normal mode. Immediately after that, you can make sure that unnecessary channels are gone.
If we are talking about Samsung Smart TV, then removal is easier there:
- Using the “Smart Hub” button, go to the system hub.
- In the form with the listed channels, you must select the editing section (usually it is on the right at the top of the table).
- Guided by the prompts of the system at each step, you can select all unnecessary TV channels and delete them.
As for the order of the channels, the TV arranges them in two ways:
- independently in the order in which I could find them during autotuning;
- using the list sent by the operator (as, for example, when connecting to NTV channels).
In the second case, sorting is impossible: you cannot reconfigure what the operator has set, you can only delete unnecessary channels. In the first, the sort looks like this:
- Go to the menu, select “Settings”.
- Click on “Broadcast” and enter the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- Select “Change. channel number ”and indicate“ Enable ”if the item is highlighted. If it is inactive, then go to the next step.
- Select “Change channel number” or go to the “Live broadcast” section (depending on the interface option).
- Here you need to open the “Channel List” tab and go to the “Channel Change” item.
- The desired TV channel is selected using the “Enter” button on the remote control, next to it the checkmark icon lights up.
- The item “Change number” is selected and using the arrow keys on the remote control the channel is dragged to a new place.
- Pressing “Enter” again removes the tick, the result is fixed.
If necessary, the procedure is repeated the required number of times.
When sorting channels on Samsung TVs, one of their peculiarities should be taken into account: if the digital ones in the general list are signed and have names, then analog ones are only serial numbers. Accordingly, when sorting, the picture will be as follows:
- The digital channels will move in the list and one of them will take the position of the other.
- The list of analogue programs will not change, only another program will be received under the old number.
Auto Tuning Digital Channels on Samsung
The easiest way to set up your antenna connection yourself is to run an automatic search. Let’s consider step by step how to organize the reception of digital TV channels for models of different series and model years.
How to set up “digital” on an old Samsung that doesn’t support digital TV
If it turns out that the TV set is not capable of receiving the current broadcasting standard or is not equipped with a digital tuner at all, the user can do the following:
- Purchase a new TV. Not the most affordable option.
- Connect a digital set-top box receiver. If you just need to watch programs, then this option will cost several times cheaper than buying a second TV.
A separate difficulty can be connected with the use of the receiver: it does not catch analog TV signals. If you want to watch both local and federal programs, take care of not only the correct antenna type, but also a splitter splitter for the antenna cable. It is needed so that the signal goes SIMultaneously to both the receiver and the antenna socket of the TV. Then the transition between different types of broadcasting will be carried out as follows:
- digital channel required. TV switches to AV mode;
- analog is needed. switching is made to TV mode.
Manual channel search
Older Samsung models do not support auto-tuning. In them, digital channels must be tuned manually, and for cable or satellite television. also by specifying the frequency and other key parameters. In general, a manual search would look like this:
- The menu opens.
- The item “Broadcast” is selected.
- Signal source (cable, antenna or satellite) is indicated.
- If the item “Country” appears in the menu, you must specify “Russia”.
- The item “Manual setting” is selected.
- The item “Setting up digital channels” is selected, where you need to click the “Create” button. In this case, additional TV channels will be added to the existing ones, and will not replace them.
- A tab with parameters will open. Here you need to specify the broadcast frequency, module and transmission rate. This information should be obtained from the operator providing access to the cable or satellite signal. For terrestrial TV, indicate the broadcasting frequencies of the multiplexes.
- After pressing the “OK” button, the TV will start searching for the specified parameters. After a while, a list of found channels will appear on the screen. You need to save them. and everything is ready to start viewing.