ways to transfer whatsapp from Android to iPhone.
WhatsApp is today one of the most popular applications among both Android smartphone owners and iPhone users. Simplicity and ease of use, prompt and high-quality communication, a guarantee of confidentiality provided by end-to-end encryption of correspondence, keep this application in the lead for a long time. If you decide to change your Android to iPhone and want to know how to transfer WhatsApp to another phone, in our article you will find the top 3 ways to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Text and voice messages, videos, images and other media files. all of this can contain important information for the user or be just pleasant memories that are sometimes difficult to part with. So, below we will take a closer look at how you can transfer WhatsApp to a new iPhone.
Easiest Way to Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone
Perhaps the fastest and most efficient way to transfer all WhatsApp dialogs from old Android to new iPhone is to use specialized software. Tenorshare iCareFone for Whatsapp transfer is a utility from the developer Tenorshare that implements previously impossible cross-platform WhatsApp transfer with just one mouse click.
Below we invite you to familiarize yourself with a brief overview of the main characteristics of the program.
- Easily Transfer WhatsApp Chats Between Android iOS.
- Direct WhatsApp Business Transfer between iOS Android. New
- 1 click to backup or restore WhatsApp data WhatsApp business.
- View and export WhatsApp messages and link backups to HTML.
- Create backups & restore iOS Kik / LINE / Viber / WeChat chat history on Mac.
- Compatible with iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 and Android 10.
The program has wide functionality and great potential. The presence of such a utility will allow you to remain confident in the security of your data and high-quality management of it. To use this program to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android device to iPhone, you will need to make a minimum effort. Follow the instructions below.
Install the tool on your computer, connect two devices and click “Transfer”.
Then Tenorshare iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer will automatically back up your WhatsApp data. Then click “Continue”.
You will enter your phone number to confirm the WhatsApp backup.
Wait a few minutes, your WhatsApp will be transferred to your new iPhone 12.
This method is not in vain ranked first in our list of possible options for transferring WhatsApp data. As you can see, Android device data is transferred to iPhone with just one click. The program is extremely easy to use and pleases with fast and high-quality results.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone with Backup
The method that we will describe below is based on using the function of backing up WhatsApp messages on an Android phone and then restoring this copy already on a new device. iPhone. To use this method, you do not even need to have both devices on hand at the same time: you can create a backup in advance, and after purchasing an iPhone, complete the process. So, we bring to your attention a step-by-step guide to transfer WhatsApp from Android phone to iPhone.
On your old device (Android), launch the WhatsApp application.
Go to the “Settings” section and select “Chats”.
From the list of possible operations select the option “Chats backup”.
Here you will see a list of available WhatsApp backups that were previously created. To create an up-to-date copy, start the copying manually by clicking on the “Backup” button.
Once the backup process is complete, uninstall the WhatsApp app from your device. To do this, go to “Settings”. “General”. “Application Manager”. WhatsApp. Click on the “Delete” button.
On your new phone (iPhone), download and install the WhatsApp app. Launch the app and log into your account using the old phone number.
After that, a message will appear stating that a backup was found, select the “Restore” option. After the restore process is completed from the backup, the WhatsApp chats will be available on the iPhone.
The method of using a backup is quite convenient, but you need to carefully monitor the process of creating and restoring a backup in order to avoid failures and errors in the course of work that can lead to the loss of all data.
How to transfer whatsapp to new iPhone?
Now let’s take a closer look at each of the options presented. For each of the methods, we offer step-by-step instructions, accompanied by screenshots, so that you can easily use any of them. to find out the advantages and disadvantages of using a particular method. In case the selected method did not work on your devices and did not transfer the WhatsApp dialogs to the new iPhone, you can turn to two other methods. However, to avoid wasting time and effort, we recommend starting with the easiest and most optimal way to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using Email
The WhatsApp application has a function that allows you to transfer WhatsApp messages through the use of email. To implement this method, you only need to have a registered mailbox (or two). Follow below steps to send WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
Launch the WhatsApp application on your Android phone and go to “Settings”.
In the new window, select the category “Chat history” and click the option “Export chat”.
Next, check the WhatsApp message history you want to transfer.
The following message appears: “Adding media will increase the size of the exported chat.” Here you need to choose whether to send correspondence with files or without files. Choose the option that suits you: “No files” or “Add files”. Please note that if you choose to include all media files in the data being transferred, the volume of this data will become significantly larger, which means that the process of sending an email will take longer.
In the list of chat transfer options that appears, select the “New message” option (if you are going to send correspondence to your second mail or to another person) or the “Letter to yourself” option (to attach the data to the message that will come to the same mailbox from which it was sent ), type the text of the letter and click “Send”.
After that, go to your mail account on your iPhone phone, where you will see an incoming letter with the WhatsApp chat you sent.
This method is very simple, but it also has significant drawbacks. Firstly, only one chat can be sent using e-mail, and it will take a lot of time and routine efforts to transfer all existing dialogs. Secondly, despite the fact that the dialogues will be transferred from Android to iPhone, it will not work to sync them to iPhone.
Transfer contacts, calendar and photos from iPhone to Android using Google Drive
The Google Drive app (Google Drive) is available for both Apple and Android and, among other things, it allows you to easily upload contacts, calendar and photos to the Google cloud and then upload them to another device.
This can be done using the following simple steps:
- Install Google Drive from the App Store on your iPhone and sign in to your Google account (The same one that will be used on Android. If you haven’t created this account yet, create one on your Android phone).
- In the Google Drive app, tap the menu button and then the gear icon.
- In the settings select “Backup”.
- Turn on the items you want to copy to Google (and then to your Android phone).
- At the bottom, click “Start Backup”.
In fact, this completes the entire transfer process: if you log in on your Android device under the same account that was backed up, all data will be automatically synchronized and available for use. If you also want to transfer the purchased music, about this. in the last section of the instructions.
Using Samsung Smart Switch to Transfer Data from iPhone
On Android smartphones Samsung Galaxy there is an additional opportunity to transfer data from your old phone, including from the iPhone, allowing you to access much more important data, including those that can be difficult to transfer in other ways (for example, iPhone notes ).
Transfer steps (tested on Samsung Galaxy Note 9, should work similarly on all modern Samsung smartphones):
- Go to Settings. Cloud & Accounts.
- Open Smart Switch.
- Choose how you will transfer data. via Wi-Fi (from the iCloud account where the iPhone should be backed up, see How to create an iPhone backup) or via USB cable directly from the iPhone (in this case, the speed will be higher, as well as more data transfer will be available).
- Click “Get” and then select “iPhone / iPad”.
- When transferring from iCloud over Wi-Fi, you will need to enter your iCloud account login information (and possibly a code that will display on the iPhone for two-factor authentication).
- When transferring data via a USB cable, connect it as shown in the picture: in my case, the included USB-C to USB adapter was connected to the Note 9, and the Lightning cable from the iPhone was connected to it. On the iPhone itself, after connecting, you will need to confirm trust in the device.
- Choose what data you want to download from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy. In the case of using a cable, the following are available: contacts, messages, calendar, notes, bookmarks and settings / emails, saved alarms, Wi-Fi settings, wallpapers, music, photos, videos and other documents. And also, if you have already signed in to your Google account on Android. applications that are available for both iPhone and Android. Click the “Submit” button.
- Wait for data transfer from iPhone to Android phone to complete.
As you can see, using this method, you can very quickly transfer almost any of your data and files from iPhone to Android device.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
Switching from iPhone to Android, in my opinion, is a little more difficult than the other way around, especially if you have been using various Apple applications for a long time (which are not presented in the Play Store, while there are Google applications in the App Store). Nevertheless, transferring most of the data, primarily contacts, calendar, photos, videos and music, is quite possible and relatively easy.
This tutorial details how to transfer important data from iPhone to Android when moving from one platform to another. The first method is universal, for any Android phone, the second is specific to modern Samsung Galaxy smartphones (but it allows you to move more data and is more convenient). The site also has a separate guide on how to transfer contacts manually: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android.
If you used an Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, transferring it by cable or something else, you probably shouldn’t: Apple Music is the only app from Apple that is also available for Android (you can download it in the Play Store), and your subscription in it will be active, as well as access to all previously purchased albums or songs.
Also, if you use “universal” cloud storage, available for both iPhone and Android (OneDrive, DropBox, Yandex Disk), then access to such data as photos, videos and some others from a new phone will not be a problem.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
When transferring data from iPhone, I faced the problem of transferring music. In general, I looked for ways on the Internet, but I constantly knocked out some kind of error. But it turned out that everything is much simpler. Just downloaded Wondershare MobileTrans and made the transfer.
If passwords are saved, for example, in Chrome and you use them under your Google account with synchronization, then when you log in on another device with the same account, your passwords will also be there.
Extract WhatsApp archive from iPhone
When the program window pops up, select your device, click on the Raw files icon and switch to the TreeView control mode. On the left side of the screen, you will see a folder called WhatsApp.shared; drag the ChatStorage.sqlite file from there. this is a WhatsApp database for storing text messages. If you also want to transfer your media files to a new device, transfer the Media folder in the same way.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Android Smartphone
Download WhatsApp Transfer for PC on Windows or Mac, launch it and select the WhatsApp Transfer option in the utility window. There is no translation into Russian in the application, but in fact it is not needed, since the user is required to press literally a few buttons.
The WhatsApp Transfer function is responsible for the universal transfer of WhatsApp messenger data from one smartphone to another, backing up WhatsApp on a computer and restoring from a previously created backup using the utility.
In the left column, select the messenger from which you want to transfer data between smartphones. The list includes WhatsApp, Viber and much less popular messengers in Russia LINE, Kik and WeChat. After choosing the desired messenger, in our example it is, of course, WhatsApp, click the Transfer WhatsApp messages button.
Immediately after that, the main window of the function will open, in which smartphones connected to the computer are determined. Connect the devices between which you want to transfer to your computer using USB cables. Wireless connection via Wi-Fi, for example, via iTunes in the utility is not supported.
If any additional steps are required to identify the smartphone by the computer, the utility will notify you of this. For example, in our case, the program prompted that on the Xiaomi smartphone, you need to enable developer settings and allow the installation of applications via USB. This is necessary in order for the utility to gain access to download data from the WhatsApp messenger. I didn’t have to make any additional settings on the iPhone.
When both smartphones are identified in the program, it is important to make sure that the device on the left is the device from which you want to copy WhatsApp data. If this smartphone, on the contrary, is located on the right, click the Flip button. She is responsible for changing positions of connected smartphones.
When all preparations are ready, press Start. Immediately after that, the process of transferring all WhatsApp data between your smartphones will begin. While the information is being copied, in no case disconnect any of the smartphones from the computer. Otherwise, your WhatsApp data may be corrupted.
In a few minutes, all the data from WhatsApp from one smartphone will be on the other. In the messenger application on the new smartphone, all that remains is to perform the initial setup.
Note that WhatsApp Transfer is shareware. The basic functions of the utility are available for free after a simple registration. To open all the features of the program, you must purchase the full version.
Transfer using backups
Another effective way to export your WhatsApp data archive is to back up your conversations on the first device and then restore them to Android OS. The user needs to follow this instruction.
- We back up the program data archive on the “apple device”. Open WhatsApp, then in the menu find the item “Settings”.
- Find the sub-item “Chats”, then “Copy”.
- Click the “Create a Copy” button.
- Perform the procedure for uninstalling the messenger on iOS.
- Download and install the WhatsApp app on your Android smartphone from the Play Market.
- After installing the program, go to the desktop of the device.
- Find the WhatsApp icon, then click to open the messenger.
- Authenticate using the phone number to which the account is linked.
- An information window will open, click on the “Restore” option.
- Wait for the restoration process to complete.
- Now WhatsApp conversations and media will be available on Android.
Export chats to e-mail
Let’s make a reservation right away, there is no talk of data synchronization here either. This is just a way to save WhatsApp messages and attachments attached to them, with the ability to view them from another phone. in our case, from Android. But in some cases, this option may be optimal.
How to transfer Whatsapp chats from iPhone to Android individually using email:
- Login to iPhone in Whatsapp.
- Open the “Chats” tab and open the desired dialogue.
- Click on the contact’s name.
- A list of available actions will open, among which you need to select “Export chat” to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.
- Select the type of export. with or without attached media files (pictures, photos, videos).
- iPhone will spend a few seconds processing the request, and then a list of services to which data can be sent will appear on the screen. Choose to send by e-mail.
- Specify the mail address. the one and the mail service that will be used on Android.
- Click “Send” to transfer Whatsapp correspondence from iPhone to Android.
It can also be the button “Email yourself”. it all depends on the version of your iPhone.
To the email address you provided. mail will receive a letter with an attachment, which will contain the history of the correspondence. Next, it remains only to go to the mail client on Android and open this message.
Using Google Drive
In the latest versions of the messenger, you can generate an automatic duplicate of all chats, saving them in the cloud storage from Google. That is, if you need to move dialogs to another phone, you just need to restore them from there.
- Open the messenger and go to “Settings”. “Dialogues and calls”. “Backup”;
- Here you can create a copy of the correspondence yourself, or turn on the automatic function.
Thus, the user can easily transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone and in reverse order.
The step-by-step instructions will look like this:
- You need to connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable and find the WhatSApp folder in the internal memory of the smartphone. It contains all available additional copies of information with correspondence, which has approximately the following image: “msgstore-2021-08-14.db.cryp”. You need to select the newest one and copy it;
- Next, you need to install WhatsApp on the new device, but do not launch it. After connecting the phone to the PC, a new “WhatsApp” folder should be displayed, since the messenger was just installed. If it is not there, you can create it yourself;
- Now you need to copy duplicate messages from the first device to this section, and when the messenger is launched on the second device and the phone number is confirmed, a notification will be displayed that an additional copy has been found. You need to click the “Restore” button, and then all messages will be displayed here.
Expert tip: To back up to Google Drive, you must have an activated Google account synced to Play Store. In addition, there should be a lot of free space in the storage memory for duplication.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android. Step by Step Guide
Transferring information to another phone using the cloud
To transfer information from an old gadget to a new one using the Google cloud service, you just need to back up to your account.
- repeat the first 4 steps from the instructions to save information on the device;
- follow the link “Google Account” and select the proposed option or add a new one;
- click on “Back up to Google Drive” and set the required frequency;
- start data transfer by pressing a button.
Next, you need to log in to the account where the information was saved from a new smartphone. To do this, you must use the same phone number to which it is linked. After receiving the files, you should download “WhatsApp” and restore the history of correspondence.
Working with gadgets on iOS and the iCloud service follows the same instructions. To transfer information, it is required that a SIM card is installed in the new gadget using the same number to which the restored account was registered.
Backing up to Google Drive.
Sending by email
The steps are exactly the same as in the previous instructions, only you need a working email.
- Repeat the same steps up to point 3;
- In the highlighted transfer methods, select “Letter to yourself” or mail attachment;
- Type in the email address to which you want to import the data of one chat. Then click “Submit”.
The official website of the WhatsApp developers says that they do not store chat history on servers. Consequently, the program will not be able to return very old correspondence or a very important photo of a document taken several years ago. To prevent the loss of important chats, the creators of the app recommend backing up to a cloud storage developed by Apple specifically for iPhone owners. And the most important thing is not to uncheck the “Automatic” box. But first things first. Before proceeding with the following steps, check these parameters:
- The iOS firmware version on your iPhone must be higher than 7;
- Go to “Settings”, in the very top line, click on the name of your account, then go to the “iCloud” section, scroll down a little and find the line “iCloud Drive”. It must be activated;
- While in Settings, go to General, then iPhone Storage and make sure there is enough free space for your iCloud backup. Before starting to create a copy, the required number of gigabytes and megabytes will be displayed on the screen, so, if necessary, free up space.
Important note! It is possible to return the saved data to the cloud storage only if the user logs in from a new device through the same account on which the backup was made! Otherwise, it is impossible to return the data.
If all the settings are in order, then follow the instructions below:
- Launch WhatsApp, in the bottom line of the menu, find the “Settings” tab (a panel in the form of a gear);
- Go to the “Chats” section, then to “Backup”;
- In this menu, the application will calculate the required space to save a copy in iCloud. It depends on the number of chats, how many images, videos and other multimedia files are in the memory. In the same section, you can check the “Automatic” option, which allows the program to save all information from chats every day, every week or every month. In this case, you do not have to go in and update the data every time, and in the event of an urgent change of the device, everything will remain in the cloud storage and will not go anywhere;
- In the penultimate step, click on “Create a copy”. Wait for the end of synchronization;
- Next, pick up a new gadget and go to the WhatsApp application. The messenger will offer to restore the data. In the highlighted field, enter the phone number that was linked to the previous smartphone. Enter your username and password from the same iCloud, then the device will offer to restore the backup. Agree and wait for the procedure to complete. Typically, it takes from three minutes to 30 minutes and depends on how much content has been uploaded (chats, contacts, media received or sent).
iTunes and WhatsApp Recovery
This method is also suitable for users who have switched to Android. In order to transfer chats, you need to have a saved iTunes backup from your iPhone. How to do this is described just above. The instruction is very useful if the iPhone was lost or access to it was lost, but a copy was saved in iTunes.
Download WhatsApp Recovery utility from the official developer site. Works on both Windows and Mac. The program allows you to save data to your Google account, or immediately directly to your Android device. After installation, proceed with the transfer of dialogs:
- After launching the utility, go to the “Recover files from iTunes” section;
- Connect your Android device to your computer;
- The program will show all saved backups that have been synced in iTunes. We recommend choosing the freshest by date;
- All files from the backup will be displayed in the side menu. In the “Application Data Recovery” tab, put boxes on WhatsApp calls, messages and attachments;
- Further, the program window will display all the chats and calls that were once on the iPhone. Select all or only those required for the transfer. Then click on “Restore”;
- The utility will offer to either restore to a computer or to a device. Select the second and wait for the end of synchronization;
- Open the messenger on your smartphone and restore data in the standard way.
All chats and information via iCloud are also restored here. Through this utility, you can also recover data directly from a working iPhone, but in this case the data will be saved to the computer and, if desired, can be transferred to an Android device. This is a very useful program, so we recommend that you do not uninstall it.
Exporting a specific chat
If you do not want to transfer all the correspondence histories, but one specific one, then follow these steps:
- While in the WhatsApp application, go to the dialogue that needs to be transferred;
- Click on the name of the contact or the subject of the group chat, and, scrolling down, select “Export chat”;
- Next, a window will be highlighted in which it is proposed to attach media files or not. In the first case, it becomes possible to add additional content, and the size of the exported file will increase. In the second case, the size will not change and only data from the selected correspondence will be transferred;
- From the new window that appears, select the method of transferring information. There are several options. save to another messenger (for example, Telegram or VK) or save to “Files”.
Solving problems with copying data via iCloud
If you run into problems during data transfer, then most likely it’s not WhatsApp, but something wrong with your iCloud account or iOS system.
- Try to create a backup yourself. To do this manually, launch WhatsApp, then in the quick access panel go to the Settings tab, then to Chats, select Copy and complete the steps by clicking on Create a copy;
- The developers strongly recommend connecting to the network that the user uses the most. As practice shows, iCloud works much better when you are connected to the same network and are in the same place when the backup process takes place;
- If you are transferring or restoring data via the mobile Internet, then check if there is “Cellular Data” access for iCloud to function. To do this, launch the “Settings”, go to the “Cellular Data” section, and swipe to the right on the “iCloud Drive” parameter;
- Make sure you copy from the same phone number linked to iCloud;
- If the iCloud Drive function was enabled during copying, it will be impossible to recover data on another iOS device, version 7 or lower.
If you are using iPhone on iOS 7 axis and below:
- Make sure you have the “Documents” function active. To do this, launch “Settings”, go to “iCloud”, then move the checkbox to the option “Documents and data”;
- If you are trying to create a copy on this version of the axis, then check if the “iCloud Drive” parameter is enabled on other devices linked to a single Apple ID. The newest versions have this option. If this parameter is active, then you will not be able to load the data. Even if iCloud Drive once worked, and then the user turned it off, it will not be possible to create a backup. In order to make a copy, you need to update to the latest version 8 or higher;
- To see if there is enough space on your smartphone for a backup, while in Settings, go to the “iCloud” section and then to “Storage”. If there is no free space, then free up space in the same section;
- If you want to back up using mobile data instead of Wi-Fi, make sure Cellular Data is enabled in iCloud. To do this, go to “Settings”, then “iCloud”, then go to “Documents and data” and move the checkbox on the parameter “Use mobile data”.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone
WhatsApp Messenger is a convenient and easy-to-use chat application. At the moment, the program supports text, voice messages and video communication, allows users to exchange media files (videos, images, documents, locations and locations, contacts and much more). Most importantly, WhatsApp is supported on all available platforms (iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android). This is an international messenger that allows you to correspond with people from different countries without spending money on expensive calls.
Usually, when switching to a new smartphone or changing a SIM card, dialogs with contacts are not saved or synchronized, even if an old SIM is inserted into the device. How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone or Android device? In this article, we will cover all the possible ways to transfer chats.
How to recover data using a computer? This will help a program from Apple called iTunes. If it has not been downloaded yet, then it is worth doing it from the official site.
- Connect your old iOS smartphone to your PC;
- Launch iTunes and create a backup. To do this, go to the path “File”. “Devices”. “Backup”;
- Wait for the sync to finish. Disconnect your old device and connect your new iPhone;
- After connecting via the USB cable, a window will appear that prompts you to restore the saved data. Select “Restore from iTunes Backup”.
- The information is already stored on the phone, but has not yet been activated. Log in to the application via your phone number;
- A notification about the saved backup will appear, click on “OK”. After that, all chats will be transferred to the new device.
This method is good because it transfers not only correspondence to WhatsApp, but also all other information. applications, photos, videos, notes, selected settings, etc. In general, transfer data from iPhone to iPhone completely.
Just keep in mind that the data that has already been created and saved on your new iPhone will be deleted, since the old copy before backup will delete all information. We strongly recommend that you also make a copy on the new iPhone, so that in case of loss of any useful information, you can quickly restore it.
Dr.Fone program on the computer
Dr.Fone is a free PC program in English. Allows you to instantly transfer information from one iPhone to another (or device on the Android axis) without the need to create an iCloud backup. Useful if there is not enough memory on one of the devices.
What are the advantages of Dr. Fone:
- Supports all iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) as well as Android;
- Works not only with WhatsApp, but also with other popular messengers, for example, Viber;
- Opens the ability to view chats and save only what you need;
- Supports not only new devices, but also old models (5s / 5c / 5/4 / 4S), as well as those devices that work on iOS 9 and below;
- The utility is fully compatible with any version of Windows and Mac.
In order to start transferring data, you must first download the program from the official website of the developers. Once you’ve downloaded the app, follow these steps:
- Launch Dr.Fone and find the WhatsApp tab in the side menu. Click on it;
- Connect both iPhones to the computer, the program will immediately see both;
- Then select the “Transfer WhatsApp messages” option;
- After that, you will be taken to the transfer menu. Accurate device models will be displayed on the screen. On the left is the device from which chats and multimedia will be transferred, and on the left is where all the files will be sent. If the program has incorrectly selected the source and destination, then just press the “Flip” button and the utility will swap the devices;
- Then select the “Transfer” tool in the lower right corner. Confirm the action in the dialog box by clicking “Yes”;
- The transfer will take some time. The program will notify the user that the transfer is complete;
- After that, disconnect both devices and on the new device, follow the same procedure as in the previous instructions (enter your phone number, log into iCloud and select a backup).
IPhone to another iPhone
You can transfer files to another Apple device using local copy. You can install this option yourself. To do this, go to the iPhone Settings, select the Chats subsection, and then activate the slider next to the Save Media line. You can upload the necessary files using the file manager or PC. The messenger must be downloaded to the new device after transferring the Whatsapp folder from the previous smartphone, allow the start of file recovery by entering the old phone number.
You can also copy data and sync it between Apple devices using the “cloud” storage iCloud, which is analogous to Google Disk. Here you can set the option to save the daily history of the “WhatsApp” messenger. For further transfer to another iPhone, you need to open the cloud storage on the previous device, click on the “Create a copy” line and transfer all the correspondence there. After that, the messenger is installed on the new device, the archive is transferred to it.
IPhone to Android
Use Whatsapp Recovery to transfer information between devices. You need to install it on your PC and then connect your iPhone to your computer. After that, you should open the program and find the “WhatsApp” folder there, go to its contents using the dir command line.
You need to download the messenger on your Android device and, without installing it, copy the “WhatsApp” folder using the Copy button, transferring it to your smartphone. After installing the application, all that remains is to confirm the phone number registered in the system, and then restore your correspondence.
Transferring Whatsapp chats within the same platform
You can transfer chats to a device with the same operating system by saving the files in the internal memory in advance, copying them to an SD card or cloud storage. At the same time, all information is protected from accidental loss, provided that it has not been deleted earlier.
Android to iPhone
You can transfer “WhatsApp” files from your Android smartphone to your iPhone using the WhatsApp Transfer Software. After installing the application on the computer, smartphones with different OS must be connected to the PC via USB. Go to the shared Transfer folder and find the “WhatsApp” files. Next, you need to open the data of the correspondence in the messenger, select them and click on the inscription “Copy from Android to iPhone”. In the future, the file must be moved to the iCloud storage installed on the iPhone.
Transferring conversations between Blackberry devices
Blackberry has its own “cloud” storage. Link. With it, you can make copies of files, including the correspondence “WhatsApp”. In the future, all that remains is to transfer everything to a new smartphone and launch the messenger on it.
How to save Whatsapp conversations when changing phone
Every owner of a new smartphone or tablet is faced with the need to transfer important information from the Whatsapp messenger from an old mobile device. The question arises, how to transfer “WhatsApp” to another phone, keeping the correspondence and contact list. Observing simple rules, the user can transfer messages from the old device to the new one and continue communicating with friends and acquaintances.
Transfer WhatsApp via e-mail
You can move text messages with media attachments using an active email address. e-mail mail. When choosing this method, to solve the problem, follow a series of steps:
- open WhatsApp on iPhone;
- select the “Chats” section;
- mark the dialog that needs to be exported (you can transfer it separately by one correspondence);
- click on the name of the dialogue (if it is a group one) or on the name of the interlocutor;
- in the menu that opens, select “Export chat”;
- mark in what format to transfer data. with or without media files;
- among the export methods, mark that using e-mail;
- write down your email address;
- confirm the sending of information;
In order to open dialogs on another Android device. go to the mail and open the message with the necessary information.
It should be noted that the data can only be viewed by mail. The application cannot open and provide correspondence. This is due to the fact that different operating systems of gadgets have different encryption of information.
Data recovery via iTunes
Copying materials using iTunes is very prudent. This method will help if copying is configured in advance. Most often helps out in case of mechanical damage to the iPhone.
iTunes is a media player platform that lets you back up and access your data from any device. Chats can be uploaded to your Google account or directly to Android. When using WhatsApp Recovery, you can download correspondence to your computer without using your iPhone.
- launch WhatsApp Recovery. The program will display possible copies in the iTunes system;
- select the required correspondence and it will be displayed on the screen;
- select what you want to save and click the “export” command;
- choose where to save the files (for further exporting files to your smartphone, you need to save them in VCF format).
Transferring data via a computer
This method is carried out using a third device. a computer. The essence of the method is to save correspondence to a computer, and then upload them to an Android smartphone. To carry out this operation, you need:
- install WhatsApp Recovery after downloading it to Tenorshare;
- connect iPhone to PC using a cable;
- a window will open in which you need to mark WhatsApp and click on “recover”;
- copying and saving of materials will occur. After that, connect another gadget to your computer;
- transfer backup. drag the folder with the saved files to your smartphone (Android);
- after the download is complete, disconnect the smartphone from the PC;
- download WhatsApp on Android and go through the usual registration by number;
- the messenger will see the backup and offer to restore. Rebuild.
You can also transfer chats from iPhone to Android by creating a copy of data. You need to create a backup copy of chats on the iPhone in order to use it in the future on any gadget. To do this, follow these steps.
Transfer Whatsapp from iPhone to Android
Transferring WhatsApp from iPhone to Android helps out pretty well in some situations. Moving information from one device to another may be necessary in several cases: changing the model of the gadget (from the iPhone system to Android), duplicating data to another phone, and others. WhatsApp does not provide the ability to move saved archives of communication between two gadgets with different operating systems. The procedure is carried out in several ways.
Recovery using recovery
“Recovery” is a function provided by the developers of the messenger to prevent the loss of important data. The application is becoming more and more popular all over the world. A lot of important information is transmitted every day during communication. This function allows you to confirm the copying of materials once, at a certain interval in time, without worrying about loss. On any device, using a phone number, you can register again and get access to all correspondence and attachments from them.