Clone the MAC address from the computer to the Wi-Fi router
If your provider binds the connection to the MAC address, then for the Internet connection to work, you also need to clone the MAC address from the computer to the router. You can read more about the MAC address here.
In the router settings, go to the “Network”. “MAC Clone” tab. Click the “Clone MAC Address” button and the “Save” button. Reboot your router.
That’s it, the setup is complete. I hope you succeed.
“Without Internet access”. check the provider’s settings on the Wi-Fi router
I will show on the example of TP-Link TL-WR841N, as always :).
First of all, we need to find out what technology your provider uses to connect. For example, in TL-WR841N in the settings on the WAN tab, you can specify one of the technologies:
- Dynamic IP
- Static IP
- PPTP / Russia PPTP
- Bigpond cable
- L2TP / Russia L2TP
- PPTP / Russia PPTP
And depending on which technology you choose, you can specify additional information that the provider most likely provided you when you connected. For example, if the technology is Static IP, then the provider must give you an IP address and other information for connection. If the technology is PPTP / Russia PPTP, then you can specify a login, password, IP (if necessary). If the provider allocates a dynamic IP address, then SIMply set the Dynamic IP and everything works. This is my case, the provider Kyivstar Home Internet uses a dynamic IP.
So you need to find out what technology your provider uses. How to do it? You can look in the documents that you received upon connection, you can search for information on the provider’s website, or you can SIMply call and ask. Tell me that you are setting up the Internet on a Wi-Fi router, and do not know what type of connection and what settings to specify in the router settings. You must be provided with the required information.
You learned what settings need to be specified, now for clarity, I will show how to specify these settings in the router itself.
We go to the control panel of the router. To do this, in the address bar of the browser, type 192.168.1.1 (if it does not work, then look at the address at the bottom of the router). Enter your username and password, by default they are admin and admin (if you haven’t changed it).
Go to the “Network” tab, then “WAN”.
For example, I show the settings for Kyivstar Home Internet (Ukraine). This provider, as I already wrote, uses a dynamic IP. Therefore, in order for the Internet to work, opposite the WAN Connection Type: specify the Dynamic IP, press the “Save” button, reboot the router and rejoice (I hope :)).
For example, setting for the provider Beeline \ Corbin.
As far as I know, this provider uses L2TP (Russian L2TP) technology. Therefore, opposite the WAN Connection Type: specify L2TP / Russia L2TP.
User Name and Password. indicate your connection data (most likely, you received them upon connection).
Server IP Address / Name:. VPN server tp.internet.beeline.ru
WAN Connection Mode:. select Connect Automatically.
To save, press the “Save” button.
After making these settings, everything should work. If I’m not mistaken, none of these providers use MAC address binding. Well, if your provider binds to MAC, then read on.
“Without access to the Internet”. we solve the main reason. Configuring a Wi-Fi router to work with a provider
Hello! I will probably continue with a series of articles on setting up Wi-Fi routers, solving problems with a wireless network, and the like. I have already made sure many times that this topic is very popular and many different errors can occur when setting up Wi-Fi. We have already considered some problems and tried to solve them. I probably won’t be mistaken if I say that when setting up a Wi-Fi router, the most common mistake is “Without access to the Internet”.
To know the enemy by sight :), I will attach screenshots of this error.
If the computer connects to the router via Wi-Fi, then the problem looks like this (network level with a yellow triangle):
When connecting to the Internet via a router via a network cable, the error looks like this (computer with a yellow triangle):
On mobile devices (phones, smartphones, tablets), such a problem with Wi-Fi operation looks like this:
The device connects to Wi-Fi, the status is that everything is connected, but sites do not open and programs that use the Internet do not work.
On solving this problem, I have already written a long article Wi-Fi network without Internet access. We solve the problem using the example of a TP-Link router. In it, I wrote about solving problems through which there may be a problem in the form of “Without access to the Internet.” But one of the main reasons is the incorrect configuration of the Wi-Fi router, or rather the WAN tab, on which you need to specify the provider’s settings. In this article, we will take a closer look at how to set up a Wi-Fi router to work with a provider and make access to the Internet.
I’ll tell you more, the process of setting up the router itself is just an indication of the settings from the provider and, if necessary, cloning the MAC address, well, except for setting a password on Wi-Fi and other little things that you can read about in the article on setting up TP-Link TL-WR841N.
After you correctly enter the data that the provider provided to you in the router settings, then the Internet should work immediately, well, at most after restarting the router.
For even greater clarity, let me provide a screenshot of a recently left comment on this blog:
And here’s how Voffka solved this problem:
So friends, now let’s get to the heart of the matter, otherwise my introduction is more than the main part :). But we have to figure it out.
I tried to make this article SIMple and straightforward, it seems to work. The most important thing is to lay out the material in the desired sequence and remove unnecessary information that will only confuse the reader.
You can leave your questions, comments and additions in the comments below. Good luck!
Resetting network settings on the TV
To reset the system settings on Smart TV, follow the following step by step instructions:
- Turn off the TV.
- Open the system settings menu. To do this, you need to press a combination of buttons on the remote control in the following sequence: Info, Menu, Mute, Power.
- TV service menu will open.
- Go to the “Option” tab and press “Enter”.
- Use the “Factory Reset” function.
- To close the service menu, just turn off the TV.
- Start the TV and check if it picks up the wireless internet connection.
What if the settings are reset, but the TV still does not see the network? To solve this problem, you need to perform additional steps:
- manually change the DNS values. The following parameters must be set: 8,8,4,4 or 8,8,8,8. First go to the router settings to deactivate the DHCP option;
- Use the RF Mute Time menu to select the automatic channel advance menu. The default is 600 ms, change this value to 100 ms.
Check if the TV is now looking for wireless networks.
Router signal is not reaching TV
Everyone should know that each router has its own signal radius. Therefore, it is quite possible that the TV does not see the router if it is far away. For example, this situation is quite common if the block itself is on the first floor, and the TV set is on the second. over, the signal can propagate along the first floor with practically no interference, but on the second there will not be enough power. The range of a router depends on many factors. First of all, from its technical capabilities. Then you need to take into account its location and interference that are created by furniture and walls. over, the thickness of the walls and the material used in the construction play an important role.
To improve the signal, you can try to amplify it. Amplification is done in the settings or using special devices.
- Change the channel on the router. The networks of your neighbors that you see when searching are loading the channel
that your network uses, so the radius becomes smaller. In the router settings, set Auto or some kind of static channel.
- Switch the home network to 802.11N mode (provided that the router with two antennas supports this mode). In the wireless network settings on the router, find the item “Wireless network mode” and select “N only” from the list.
- Change the transmission power in the router settings. This is possible if the model supports this function. Usually the maximum power is set, but, perhaps, yours is different.
- Installation of a repeater or other router that will act as an amplifier will help. This method is considered the most reliable and effective. The principle of operation of the repeater is such that it allows you to amplify and propagate a weak signal of the main device.
- Change the antennas on the router to more powerful ones if they are removable on your device. It is advisable to buy powerful ones with a gain of 8 dBi. However, 2 or more antennas cost almost as one repeater, so what is more profitable is up to you.
If the plans do not provide for the improvement of devices, then you can get by with minor but effective methods. For example, position the router so that the signal goes evenly to all rooms. In other words, the device should be in the center of the apartment. Among the available tools, you can always find a foil or a tin can, which should be installed near the device in such a way that the signal is reflected from the foil and directed in the right direction.
Solutions to the problem
There is a solution for any problem, you just need to figure out what the breakdown is. If the TV does not catch Wi-Fi, then you need to diagnose. You should always start with the SIMplest. For example, check the presence of electricity and a router signal, the integrity of the cable with a wired connection.
Add a comment
Leave your question through the feedback form and the master will call you back and answer without imposing any services.
Setting up a data connection manually
If the TV lost connection with the router, then after restarting it, you need to reset all settings. This is done if a reboot does not help. After all settings have been reset to factory settings, you need to restore them manually.
The following three types of network settings are used:
- Dynamic IP. dynamic settings that are set automatically by DHCP.
- Static IP. settings that need to be entered manually.
- PPPoE. access is assumed after entering the username and password.
To connect your TV to the Internet manually, you must:
- Go to the “Network Settings” menu, then “Wireless”.
- Select yours from the appeared networks, press Enter.
- Select “IP Settings” on the network check screen, and then select “Manual” for “IP Mode”.
- Enter the values for the “IP address”, “Subnet mask”, “Gateway”, “DNS server” parameters. Finish setting by clicking “OK”.
- Configure WPS (PBC). To do this, go to “Network Settings” and then WPS (PBC).
- Press the WPS (PBC) button on the router and hold it for 2 minutes. At this time, the TV panel will receive the settings automatically.
Why there is no Wi-Fi connection to the TV and how to fix it
The Internet has become a part of our lives, and we can no longer live a day without it, what to say there, sometimes even an hour is difficult. Modern TVs allow you to connect to the Internet, and access to entertainment becomes wider and more comfortable, because large screens are much more convenient than small smartphones. However, if the TV does not connect to the WI – FI router or for some reason loses connection, then this is unpleasant, but solvable. Let’s consider the main reasons for the lack of communication between the TD-panel and the router, as well as ways to eliminate them.
Updating the firmware
For the TV to work correctly, you need to install system updates in a timely manner. Otherwise, various problems will arise. It is possible that the TV will stop seeing the home network. How to update the software component of smart TV? The aLGorithm will differ depending on which manufacturer’s equipment you use. Let’s consider the most popular options.
LG TVs are updated according to the following aLGorithm:
- Go to the manufacturer’s official website.
- In the column “Search” you need to register the TV model.
- Go to the “Support” tab.
- Open the subsection “Software”.
- Download the latest system update package.
- The downloaded files need to be transferred to a special folder.
- Copy the directory containing the firmware files to a USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB stick into the USB connector of the TV.
- The TV operating system will request a software update.
- Agree and start installing software components.
Samsung TVs are updated a little differently:
- Turn on the TV.
- Go to settings.
- Select the “Support” section.
- Open the “Firmware Update” tab.
- Select the “Update Now” command.
- It will automatically search for a new system update package.
- The system will make a request to install a new firmware version, click “OK”.
- The process of installing system files will start.
- After the installation is complete, the TV will automatically reboot.
If Samsung Smart TV is not updated via the Internet, you can also install the new firmware version using a USB stick or external hard drive:
- Go to the website of the manufacturer.
- Download the latest update package for your TV.
- Insert the USB stick to the USB connector of your laptop or computer.
- Format with FAT32.
- We transfer the downloaded system files to the USB flash drive.
- Click “Extract”.
- Once unpacking is complete, safely remove the USB stick.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector TV.
- Open the main menu.
- Go to the “Support” section.
- Switch to the “Software Update” tab.
- Choose “Update Now”.
- Confirm OS upgrade when prompted.
- Smart TV will detect the firmware version that is loaded on the USB stick.
- Click “Update” and wait until the installation of the new firmware is complete.
When the installation is complete, the TV will reboot.
The following operating systems are used depending on the model:
Multifunctional operating systems work with streaming and analogue television, as well as servers with media files on the local network. Network connectivity allows you to:
- work in the network, displaying the image on the TV screen;
- use compatible applications that significantly expand the functionality of the device;
- communicate with other people via Skype or other messengers.
Intuitive interface and proprietary recommendation technology make it easy to use your TV device.