Android won’t load beyond the logo
If the Android logo does not load beyond the logo (robot pictures or manufacturer’s splash screens), then the cause may be hardware problems or system failures. Errors in the functioning of the system, the user can solve independently, and in order to cope with mechanical damage, you should contact the service center.
This article is suitable for phones and tablets of all manufacturers of Android devices: Samsung, LG, Sony, Huawei, Xiaomi, HTC, ZTE, Fly, Alcatel and others. We are not responsible for your actions.
Restoration of performance
If your Android tablet or smartphone encounters errors while loading, this means that you should clear its memory and settings. The operating system will not be able to boot correctly without this.
Let’s consider two ways to restore the functionality of the gadget. Method one:
- When the device is frozen on the screen saver, you need to hold down the power key and hold it for at least 10 seconds until the device turns off.
- When the screen turns off completely, you need to release the power button.
- Now we hold down the volume rocker (volume up key). Holding it down, press the power button.
- A menu should be displayed, where we select the “Settings” item using the volume buttons and indicate it with the power button.
- Click on the system formatting (“Wipe data / factory reset”).
- Now we select “Reset Android”, then the Android device will be rebooted.
After that, problems with freezing on the logo and switching on should not occur. It should be remembered that such a reset will completely delete all data from the device (except for system data). There is no way to save them. Because of this, it is recommended to always copy important information, regularly synchronize phone contacts with a computer, and back up the product.
The second way has the same result, but it is done in a slightly different way:
- Turn off the device as described in the previous version.
- We hold down both volume buttons and wait.
- Release the buttons when the context menu is displayed.
- Select the item “Clean boot”.
- The settings will be reset and the gadget will restart automatically.
If these methods did not solve the problem, then the product, in the best case, will need a flashing, and in the worst case, the repair of hardware problems.
If Android does not load on a tablet or phone when it is turned on, or the Android gadget starts, but does not go beyond the logo splash screen, then there may be the following reasons for this:
- Out of memory. The system may boot very slowly or fail to start due to insufficient memory. Removing unnecessary data and optimizing the application can solve the problem.
- Errors when flashing the device. This includes the installation of a damaged or inappropriate assembly, power failure, incorrect firmware order, and other factors.
- Memory card incompatibility. When the device turns on, but does not boot to the end, you should try to remove the memory card and try to start the system again.
- Damage to the power button, its loop. This can “close” the phone, after which it will go into a cyclic reboot. Loading will be carried out up to the logo and further in a circle. Errors like this happen periodically. You can diagnose them in the service center.
- Hardware problems that occur after exposure to extreme temperatures, liquid spills, drops, impacts.
- Switching on when the battery is very worn out or discharged. Models of Chinese companies and copies of brands often suffer from this.
- Viruses and other malicious files. They can be downloaded from the Internet by accident or get onto the gadget through a USB flash drive, when connected to a computer via a cable.
Before trying to troubleshoot the Android system, you need to understand why the system does not boot.
Retrieving Data from Broken Android
If the error is solved without financial investments, by means of a regular flashing, then the user may have an important question. how exactly to save the information that is contained in the device’s memory. There will be no problems with the memory card: you just need to pull it out of the gadget.
How, then, to retrieve information from the internal storage? For example, pull contacts.
If a system backup has been created or at least Google sync is enabled, then it will be quite easy to get contacts. The user only needs to go to the Google site in the Contacts application to access the complete list of synchronized contacts. If you need to transfer them to another gadget, then it will be enough to add a Google account to it.
For such a quick recovery of other information, you need to periodically create an Android backup. Therefore, when the smartphone does not boot, and the reset does not solve the problem, you can safely reflash it without thinking about the safety of information. For example, you can download custom Recovery and use the “Backup” function to copy the data to the memory card.
Xiaomi redmi 9 won’t charge won’t turn on. What to do?
Why Xiaomi redmi 9 does not charge does not turn on, a common problem when using the Xiaomi incorrectly, you need to follow the instructions to start. The problem was solved earlier on the forums: What to do if Xiaomi writes 0% and does not charge? My Redmi 9 turned off when I played, it had about 7% charge. I turn it on again, but it starts to boot and turns off immediately, the third time it did not turn on anymore. Now, even when charging, it does not turn on, what should I do? The charging input in Hiaomi is a little loose, and the phone does not want to charge and turn on. After the fall, Xaomi does not work, on charging, only the diode is on. 1 Xiaomi redmi 9 does not charge does not turn on 2 The device is completely discharged 3 Fault
Turns off after charging Xiaomi redmi note 5. Repair
It turns off after charging Xiaomi redmi note 5. By itself, no one pressed the button. How to fix it? My Xaomi was on recharge, I see it was charged up to 100%. I take it, unplug the power cord. And it immediately shows 0% and turns off. Why is this happening? I dropped the Xiaomi Redmi note 5 into the water, took it out immediately, and wiped it off. Everything was fine until I connected the charger. He began to blink, and after a while he turned off completely. I noticed that Khiaomi’s back cover was swollen. When charging, it reaches 50%, and does not go further. 1 What to do if it turns off after charging Xiaomi redmi note 5.2 Mechanical damage What to do if it turns off after charging Xiaomi redmi note 5. Why is this happening? If your smartphone was recently purchased
Xiaomi redmi note 4 won’t charge won’t turn on. How to fix
Xiaomi redmi note 4 does not charge does not turn on after charging overnight. What could have happened to the phone? My Chiaomi fell to the ground and won’t turn on anymore. I connected the charger at home, and it does not charge. Help me repair the device. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 phone does not respond to the power button. How to restore the gadget to work? My Xaomi was very hot, and during the game it turned off, I turn it on again. Ah, it starts to boot and shuts down immediately. After a couple of times, it stopped turning on. I connected the charger to the smartphone, but it does not charge, and the red diode is flashing. How to solve a problem? 1 Xiaomi redmi note 4 does not charge does not turn on 1.1 Power problem 1.2 This is checked as follows: 2 Reason
How to Fix SAMSUNG TV Stuck on Start Up Logo Screen & Rebooting Non-stop | Samsung TV Won’t Turn On
Why won’t it load?
Among the most common situations that occur most often, it is worth highlighting:
- Full depletion of the battery resource.
- Breakdown of the corresponding button.
- Hardware problems.
- Incorrect firmware operation.
- Oxidation of contacts and damage to the board as a result of dust and dirt or negative effects of vapors and moisture.
Meizu M8 turns off and then turns on itself. Solution
Meizu M8 turns off, and then turns on itself, recently after the game such a misfortune happened. I was able to turn off the smartphone using the power button. What can you do with a smartphone? After Meizu fell out of hand, the phone began to reboot. After 4 times, it turned off, now it does not start in any way, can it be repaired? My Meizu hangs on my screensaver, what should I do? Meizu M8 turned on and on endlessly, after reading on the site, it was possible to repair it very easily. I pressed the start button many times and the phone started working. It turned out that the button was just stuck, and the phone thought I was pressing. 1 Meizu M8 turns off and then turns on itself. 2 Troubleshooting Meizu M8 turns off and then turns on itself. Sudden
All that is available to the user is resetting the settings to the factory level, trial reboots and firmware changes.
The first thing that comes to mind is a factory reset. But before that, you must save all the data from the memory card by pulling it out of the slot. Then:
Hold down the “On” key and the volume control at the same time. When the Mi logo appears, leave your finger on the sound button. Go to “recovery” and specify the English language. Confirm the selection of the item Hard Reset.
If these manipulations did not have a visible effect, you must contact the service center with or without warranty. This will allow not to aggravate the state of the smartphone and perhaps I now have financial costs as a result. If you can’t even go to the Recovery point, then this is a direct signal to go to the service center.
What to do if Xiaomi does not work:
Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro won’t turn on. 8 ways to make a phone
Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro does not turn on after charging overnight. In the morning I wake up, and he no longer turns on. What solutions are there? While playing on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8, he disconnected. I turn it back on, but it does not respond to the button. I put it on charge, I thought it would help, but no. Help restore the device. I have Xaomi charging, it reboots itself and turns off. Help me figure out what’s wrong with the device. The charge on Khiaomi was 80%, after 5 minutes, once 15% remained, it turned red. After that, he immediately turned off, put it on charge, but it still does not turn on. What could have broken in a smartphone? 1 Xiaomi redmi note 8 does not turn on
The main causes of download failures are:
- Mechanical damage. Dropping your gadget negatively affects the operation of the entire device as a whole. Usually, after a shock or other type of mechanical impact, the phone or tablet does not turn on completely, but problems can also manifest itself in the failure to further boot the device.
- Not enough memory. If there is not enough space on the internal or external media, it can take a long time to boot the system. Often in such cases, the tablet or smartphone does not turn on at all.
- Incorrect flashing. This is the most common reason for contacting a service center. When flashing the system on your own, or with the help of the same “specialists” from among your friends, a failure may occur during the update process and the phone (tablet) will refuse to boot at all. Such a problem can also arise when contacting an uncertified workshop, whose workers do not have the proper qualifications to perform such manipulations.
- Complete discharge of the battery. A fairly rare cause of smartphone download problems, but it cannot be completely ruled out.
- Damage and sinking of the power button. In this case, switching on occurs in a cycle, not reaching full load. It is possible to diagnose such a problem only in a service center.
- Memory card incompatibility. Rarely, but there are situations when it is a new flash drive that interferes with the normal operation of the device.
Possible troubleshooting steps should only be taken after the cause of the problem has been identified. It will be difficult to do it yourself, unless we are talking about mechanical damage to the phone. Otherwise, it is better to trust the professionals and contact a good service center according to the profile of your model.
Android tablet or phone won’t boot past the logo
Breakdowns and system errors of the Android OS do not happen so often, but the owners of modern tablets or smartphones need to know how to act in such cases. Our article will tell you why the phone does not boot beyond the Android logo and how to fix this problem.
The phone does not load beyond the screensaver
Has your phone started to freeze and refuses to turn on? In addition to the above problems, there are several more options for such failures to consider. First of all. breakdowns of internal elements. Modern devices contain a lot of “smart” electronics, which are more sensitive to carelessness.
What actions help in such cases:
- The first thing to try is to restart your device. In about half of the cases, this helps to turn on the gadget, after which you can diagnose the system, check the memory and operation of applications.
- Connecting the charger. Also a simple and effective way to solve battery problems. If the screen saver on the phone has changed to a charge icon, you must wait for the process to end and try to turn on the phone again.
- If the device malfunctions after flashing, a simple reboot of the system will be ineffective. To restore the device’s functionality, you will need to reset the settings to the factory settings. This may result in the loss of files saved on the internal storage.
- To delete all the changes made when flashing the device, you need to go to the Recovery Mode menu. Usually, to do this, you need to press the combination of the volume and power keys on the switched off phone (the combinations depend on the device model). If such manipulations do not affect the system, then the problem lies much deeper and it will not be possible to solve it on your own.
- In the proposed menu, you can select one of the options for updating the system. The “Wipe data factory” section will help you to reset the settings to the factory defaults, so the data set during the flashing will be deleted. To activate this mode, you need to find and confirm the “Reset” item in the section. After this procedure, the device will reboot and update.
- If the failure appeared for an unknown reason and this was not preceded by a crash or software changes, you can flash the device. It is not recommended to do this on your own, unless you know for sure the optimal algorithm and a program that is fully compatible with your gadget.
- If the system conflict is related to the installation of a new drive, it is recommended to remove the memory card and reboot the system. Usually, such troubles happen when the phone is incompatible with the storage model, or if the technical characteristics of the memory card far exceed the optimal physical volume for such a device.
- If the problem appeared after downloading applications or installing updates, the best option would be to uninstall new programs. To do this, just turn on the device in safe mode and manually remove the possible “culprits” of the problem.
- The most difficult solution to the problem requires replacement or repair of the board and chips. It is best to do this in a service center, but the cost of such repairs together with spare parts is often not much lower than buying a new device. That is why this option is not so popular, especially since the repair does not guarantee the smooth operation of the smartphone in the future.
The proposed actions are rather a recommendation, because system failures in the operation of the device are not always permissible to eliminate on their own. The problem can affect the programs and settings of your gadget much deeper, and inept actions will lead to a complete failure.
What to do in this case
If you are faced with the above problem that the Android smartphone does not load beyond the logo, you can try to fix the system failure yourself. If a smartphone or tablet has “survived” a serious fall, overheated or came into contact with liquid, it is unlikely that it will be possible to restore performance without professional help. If we are talking about a system error, you can act according to the above algorithms.
Android won’t load beyond the logo / splash screen
The problem occurs when the system is rebooted, especially when the phone is turned off on its own after being hit or dropped. The device refuses to fully boot, even with repeated switching on / off, only the Android splash screen or the zte logo appears on the screen.
Causes of problems with device loading
Such situations do not arise from scratch. The reasons can be classified as hardware and system, mainly we are talking about typical cases.
Flashing the drain via MiFlash Pro
To do this, you need to download the firmware file in advance, find and install ADB drivers, and download the MiFlash Pro program. To work with it, you need to log in to your Mi account. Without this, the installation of the official firmware is impossible: instructions for reinstalling the stock Recovery.
It is worth noting that you can change the OS on the phone using MiFlash Pro even if the bootloader of the smartphone is locked. Unlocking is optional.
Hard Reset in TWRP recovery
If you have custom recovery installed (for example, TWRP), then the process of resetting to factory settings is radically different. Although you need to enter this mode in the same way (power volume up).
Please note that you need to use selective cleanup for a reset and never touch the System partition. In the picture below, the System section is marked, but you do not need to do this, otherwise the operating system will not boot at all.
Why Xiaomi does not load beyond the Mi logo and freezes on the splash screen
With Xiaomi smartphones, as with any other devices, problems sometimes arise. Due to the user performing some actions or simply due to iron fatigue, sometimes Xiaomi does not boot beyond the Mi logo.
The problem appears unexpectedly and it is often unknown what caused the failure. Today I will tell you why the phone does not turn on beyond the screensaver and how to solve the problem.
Why Xiaomi freezes on the Mi logo
The reasons why Xiaomi does not turn on and the logo burns can be different: from problems in the software part to the failed components of the smartphone. Determining the cause is 50% of success.
Why does the phone freeze at the Mi logo when turned on:
- System glitchAndroid (relevant for Xiaomi A-series). This OS is not perfect and it crashes. If the reason has a programmatic property, then in 99% of cases the problem can be solved.
- Custom firmware installed crookedly. If you installed custom firmware on the device and any errors appeared during the process, then loading to the logo and freezing are the result of these errors. After an unsuccessful update, the phone freezes on the splash screen quite often.
- Problematic OTA update. Most often, such problems occur on Xiaomi A series, but they also happen on MIUI. The manufacturer rolls out unfinished updates, after the installation of which there is an eternal loading of Xiaomi with a logo on the screen.
- Damage to bootloader files. Sometimes, due to incorrect user actions or as a result of the operation of malware, the OS bootloader entry is damaged. This problem belongs to the category of software.
- Short circuit on the SIM card. Sometimes this happens: the SIM card contacts catch a short circuit, and the smartphone cannot boot. The simplest solution is to temporarily remove the SIM card from the phone.
- Incompatible microSD. Xiaomi freezing on the Mi logo may be the result of an incompatible or damaged memory card inserted into the phone. Remove the USB flash drive at startup time and see the result.
- Full discharge or deterioration of the battery. If the battery is discharged to zero, then the phone will not be able to start in any way. The same can happen if the smartphone battery has been actively used for more than 3 years.
- Damage to the memory chip. Especially the part of it that contains the boot entry, which contains the necessary data to boot. It will not work to change the chip with your own hand, all that remains is a visit to the service center.
If the error is of a programmatic nature, then in most cases it can be fixed. But if the problem is hardware, then in modern Xiaomi smartphones even the battery is difficult to replace at home. Let’s try first the software ways to fix the situation.
Attention! If the problem is related to the hardware, in no case try to disassemble the smartphone yourself to fix the error (especially if it is still under warranty). Without proper experience in repairing phones, you can damage the components of your smartphone so much that it becomes unrepairable.
If your phone turns on but won’t boot, try the simple solutions above (like removing your SIM card or flash drive). Also charge the battery using the original cable.
If the smartphone still hangs on the splash screen, it does not load,
Custom build firmware
In this case, you will have to use TWRP recovery. First, you need to download the firmware file itself in the ZIP archive, Google services (Google Apps) if they are not in the firmware itself, the ZIP package for installing MagiskRoot, as well as various fixes (if required). All this needs to be moved to the root of the memory card.
I described this process in detail in the instructions for installing custom recovery on Xiaomi. You need to strictly follow it, otherwise, instead of a working phone that turns on endlessly, you can get a “brick” that does not turn on at all.
If you are using MiFlash Pro, it is possible to save user data. To do this, instead of “flash all and lock”, check the “save user data” item before clicking on the “Flash” button. In the case of TWRP, this is not possible.
Attention! If you want to install by custom, check the checksums of the downloaded files before installing. It will turn out to be unpleasant if TWRP refuses to sew the system due to damage to the package.
Above, I have listed all the “home” methods that will help to revive the Xiaomi phone, which hung on the Mi logo. If you know others. welcome to comments.
Recovering bootloader files
Updating the firmware saves in cases where the bootloader files are damaged. In this case, Xiaomi often hangs on the logo after flashing. Also the method is effective on Android crashes. For stock and custom firmware, the instructions are different.
I wrote detailed guides about flashing, so below I will give a general description of the problem and its solution with links to these instructions. You can download the current firmware for your phone in the archive of official updates by selecting a smartphone model.
Hard Reset in stock recovery
It takes just a few steps. To enter the recovery, you need to turn off the smartphone, and then simultaneously hold down the power and volume up buttons. You need to release them after the recovery menu appears on the screen.
Earlier, I already talked in detail about resetting Xiaomi to factory settings through recovery. Chances are high that the phone will boot normally after restarting. The first start after reset may take 5 to 10 minutes.