How to connect and configure a TP-Link router is described in the following:
How can I check if the router settings are correct? Some models of TP-Link equipment may have several Internet sources (for example, cable connection, USB modem, Wi-Fi bridge). Accordingly, in the settings, you must select the correct source.
To access the settings you will need:
- Connect to the router in any convenient way. You can use a cable (the preferred option, the cable is included, you need to connect to a computer / laptop via a LAN port).
- Open a browser (any, you can even on the phone) and enter in the address bar: 192.168.1.1 and press Enter (the address for accessing the settings may be different, you can find it out from the sticker on the router itself or from the instructions).
- Enter your username / password to access the settings. By default, TP-Link is set: login admin, password admin (it is recommended to change them to others in order to prevent unauthorized access of others to the device parameters).
- Go to the “Network” tab.
- In the “WAN” item, select “Dynamic IP”. Be sure to click “Save” at the bottom of the page after entering the new parameters. Without this, the new settings will not be applied.
- If there is an item “Internet”, then select the required source in it (WAN is a cable connected to the WAN port, in most cases it must be selected).
In some cases, you can still choose to connect not Dynamic IP, but PPPoE, but in this case the user will still need to enter a username / password (they are provided by the provider itself, you can look in the contract).
Typical reasons for lack of Internet access
The following key reasons can be identified that lead to problems with routers, including TP-Link:
- Lack of internet connection from the provider. To test this option, just connect the cable directly to your PC / laptop. If there is no Internet in this case, then all that remains is to contact the provider’s support.
- The cable is not connected. In TP-Link routers, the cable through which the Internet “comes” must be connected to the port marked “WAN” (it is usually highlighted in blue). The same-looking ports, but marked “LAN”, are used to connect additional devices (to “duplicate” the connection).
- The router is not configured correctly. The exact instructions on what connection parameters should be set can be obtained directly from the provider. There are no “universal” settings, since the connection type for each operator may differ.
- Malfunction of the router or device that connects to the Internet. You should check how other devices work with the router and whether they still have a problem with Internet access.
- A software error in the router. It can be corrected either by rebooting it, or by resetting it to the factory settings, followed by setting up “from scratch”.
And it should be mentioned that if the Internet does not work on TP-Link, then you can still connect to Wi-Fi. It’s just that the properties of such a connection will indicate “Limited access” (or “Forbidden”).
All problems with a TP-Link router: from checking to factory reset
A router is a network equipment that allows you to distribute it to several devices from one Internet source at once. For example, a “twisted pair” cable is laid into an apartment or house, which provides Internet access at a speed of 100 Mbps. It can be connected directly to a PC or laptop (with an RJ-45 network port). But so that along with this there was also Wi-Fi, as well as it was possible to connect other computers, then the router was installed. But what if the TP-Link router does not work, does not connect to the Internet? What can an ordinary user do to fix the situation?
If it is impossible to connect to the TP-Link router at all (after entering the address in the browser, the page does not open), then you should try to reset the device to factory settings. For this you will need:
- Disconnect all cables except power (the router must be connected to the mains).
- Using a thin object (a toothpick is ideal), press the Reset button on the router and hold it for 10 seconds. In this case, the router will reboot (signaling this with the light indicators), the settings will be reset to factory defaults.
- Connect to the router and configure it, following the instructions from the provider.
The same can be done if the user has trite forgotten the password to Wi-Fi, but he can only connect in this way (that is, none of the devices is connected by cable).
If after that the user cannot connect to the router, then there are only 2 options:
- Try using a different router. Desirable. the same TP-Link model, which was installed earlier and through which there is no Internet.
- If the replacement of equipment did not help, then all that remains is to contact the provider. It is possible that the Internet cable has been partially damaged, or the connector contacts have oxidized. But such malfunctions can only be corrected by a service representative.
In total, there can be many reasons why the Internet does not work on TP-Link routers. If the connection disappeared suddenly, then a banal reboot of the router often helps. But if the Internet is absent for a long time (more than a day), then the problem is most likely on the user’s side, if faults on the line are excluded.
We check the Wi-Fi driver, reinstall
The fastest way to check the driver is through the “Device Manager”.
- Click on the shortcut “My Computer” with the right mouse button, select “Properties”, “Device Manager”.
- A window will appear, select “Network adapters” from the list, click on the RMB line “Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN.” (you will have a different name for the wireless adapter), select “Properties”.
- In the window, click “General”. At the bottom it will say “Device Status”
- If you see an exclamation mark or a yellow triangle on the wireless network adapter, then there is a problem with the driver. Remove the old one completely, download the latest one from the manufacturer’s website and install. In the “Driver” tab you will find all the necessary information about the version and manufacturer of the driver.
An excellent solution for users who do not want to search for drivers across the world wide web is to install the free DriverPack Solution program. This utility will check your entire computer for outdated or missing drivers. After that, you will be presented with a choice of drivers that you can install, you just have to tick the boxes and watch the installation.
We check if everything is in order with the router
The first thing to do is to check if everything is ok with your router. After all, the reason why your laptop does not connect may be in it. Let’s go to check.
- Take any other device (smartphone, tablet) and try to connect from Android, if it does not connect, then the reason is found, the router is guilty. Try to enter it and check all the settings, there is a possibility that he reset them to the factory default.
- Go to the router and change in the section “Wireless”, “Wireless settings” opposite the line “Channel” instead of “Auto” put any channel. This must be done, because the router in the “Auto” mode can supply the 13th channel, alas, not all gadgets are able to work in it. Therefore, it is better not to risk it and set the Wi-Fi broadcast channel yourself. And in the same section, pay attention to the checkbox that should be opposite the line “Enable Wireless Router Radio”, if it is not there, be sure to check it. She is responsible for enabling the wireless network.
- Look at the indicators on the router, at least three LEDs should be on:
- – Power.
- – Wi-Fi.
- – WAN port
- – If the computer is connected with a cable then LAN will still be lit.
The WAN is off, then check the cable that comes from the Internet provider, just pull out and re-insert the RG 45 plug.
- Check if you have configured a MAC filter on your router. Go to the tab “Wi-Fi”, “MAC filter”, then in the line “MAC filter restrictions mode” select “Disabled”. This is so that any devices can connect to the wireless network.
5 Try to set a new password for the wireless Wi-Fi network on your router, if you do not know how to do this, see the article: how to set a password on a Wi-Fi router. Then all over again, connect with a new password.
Check if Wi Fi is activated on the laptop at all
There are not so many ways to turn on Wi-Fi, all the fastest can be found in our separate article: How to turn on Wi-Fi on a laptop. Everything is written here in SIMple language, it will be clear even to the user who sat down at the computer for the second time. Just read and follow everything step by step.
Update the IP on your PC
It’s easy to do it using the command line. Let’s start.
We start the command line, for this we write in “cmd” in the search.
A black window will pop up where you need to enter commands one by one. The first is ipconfig / release, thanks to which the IP will be removed and the laptop disconnected from the wireless network.
The second command is ipconfig / renew, the laptop will connect to the same Wi-Fi network and get a new IP. Let’s try to connect on Windows 7, if it doesn’t connect, go to another method. By the way, this method is also suitable for Windows 10.
Having tried all the methods written in the article did not give any result? Try to look for the reason why Wi-Fi stopped working on a laptop in another article, perhaps there are solutions to your connection problem.
Laptop won’t connect to Wi-Fi network on Windows 7,8,10
There is a situation when a laptop is turned on, and for some reason it does not connect to the wireless network, despite the fact that it has connected a hundred times before, and then an unpleasant surprise. Let’s try to figure out why the laptop does not connect to the Wi-Fi network, what is the reason and how to fix it. Let’s consider in detail two possible culprits, the first is a router that could stop working normally, the second is the laptop itself. It also contains many different factors affecting the operation of the Wi Fi module, which could fail.
Making adjustments to power management
This step below may help some users. After completing it, your PC will stop disabling the wireless adapter during sleep mode. Wi-Fi connection will be always on.
- We go to the “Device Manager”, as described above in the article. Click on the network adapter with the right mouse button, select “Properties”.
- From the top row, click on the “Power Management” section, here you need to uncheck the “Allow this device to be turned off.” line, click “OK”.
Now we try to connect on Windows 10 if it does not connect, then read the article further.
All faults that may be on the laptop
Let’s take a look at the most common problems. Which are most often found among users. Because of which the laptop does not want to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
The laptop stopped seeing Wi-Fi networks
Your laptop won’t connect to Wi-Fi networks and can’t see them? In this article, we will not talk about this problem, since this topic was already described in the previous article. You can read it by clicking on the link: why the laptop does not see the Wi Fi network, here you will find a detailed description and solution to this problem.
Quick fix if there is no Wi-Fi connection
- Reboot the router. Disconnect from the power supply for 1 minute.
- Rebooting your laptop or PC.
- We reconnect to the Wi-Fi network, if the laptop sees it.
- Bring the gadget as close as possible to the router. There is a possibility that the Wi-Fi transmitter on the router has burned out, in this case it will work only if the device is very close to each other.
Reset network in Smart TV settings
This function is not available on all categories of Samsung TVs. However, in the most modern versions, it is found.
To reset the system, you need to go to the general section and go to the “network” item. Then you need to find the command “reset settings” and activate it. In this case, the device will revert to factory defaults.
After the performed manipulations, you will need to re-check access to the global network.
Important! After completing the factory reset, the system should automatically turn off the TV. However, if this did not happen, you should do it yourself.
Before using the device again, it will be better if it has been turned off for a while (about 10 minutes). After that, you can check access.
What to do if TV does not connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi
Another variant of the problem is when the device does not connect to the network (an error occurs). In this case, there are also a lot of reasons why the TV does not connect to Wi-Fi and displays an error on the screen. This is usually associated with a password or basic settings.
If this kind of error occurs when connecting:
- Incorrect password;
- Invalid password;
- Password error.
It’s worth making sure the data is set correctly. Other reasons why a connection error occurs:
- Incorrect security setting. This is worth checking in the router settings. The current type of security and encryption of the wireless channel must be installed;
- A modern mode of operation of the router is required. It can be mixed or “n” format;
- Check if the DHCP server is enabled in the router. It turns on automatically, but if it fails, it can turn off. In this case, the TV will not be able to connect to the network in any way;
- Some additional protection may be enabled on the router. This item should also be checked;
- If a Wi-Fi signal booster is installed, the TV device may try to connect directly to it instead of a router.
Note! As a test, you can try to join any other network (for example, by sending a signal from your phone). If the outcome is positive, the reason should be sought in the router.
Samsung cannot detect the network
Many users of Samsung Smart TVs are faced with the problem of lack of Internet connection. Why Smart TV can lose connection with the Internet connection?
This usually happens if a Wi-Fi router is used. However, another point may be the reason, for example, bad network equipment, incorrect settings or a failure in the firmware.
What can you do if your Samsung TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi? There are many options, but first of all it is worth trying to update the firmware. It is better to update not using the service built into the TV, but by downloading the latest firmware to a USB flash drive from special sites.
What else can you try to fix the problem? One of the options is to completely de-energize the TV device for 10-15 minutes. This will completely restart the TV and return to normal and stable operation.
Important! If this does not help, then the problem is much more complicated and requires a different approach to solve it.
TV does not connect to Wi-Fi router, although it sees it
How to connect Samsung Smart TV to computer network via Wi-Fi? If the device sees a router, but the connection is not established, you can try the following methods:
- Reboot the entire system;
- Check the module;
- Reset the TV to its original settings;
- Update the TV device firmware;
- Check the Wi-Fi adapter;
- Check for DNS errors;
- Enter the required data manually.
It is believed that if the TV refuses to find the router’s network, a firmware update is a good fit. How can you do this:
- Go to the TV menu of the device;
- Find the “system update” tab.
Some users are faced with the fact that this function is missing on their TV. In this case, you should go to the manufacturer’s official website. By writing the model name, you can get information on the available updates. They are downloaded to a USB flash drive and activated directly from it.
Note! Another reason why the network does not want to install in any way is a non-working Wi-Fi adapter. The user should inspect the device for mechanical damage.
Since Samsung Smart TVs have a built-in adapter, you will need to check the functionality of the required module (for example, at a service center). In an emergency, you can purchase an external adapter to check if the internal adapter is working properly. Such devices are usually plugged into a USB port. If everything works well with the external adapter, the problem is in the built-in module.
How can I check if the built-in adapter is in working order:
- Try to connect to the network through any other device, such as a tablet or mobile phone. If other devices connect to the Wi-Fi network, you should contact technical support to inspect the module;
- Another way is to find the support menu on the device. Next, you should select the action “contact Samsung”. The corresponding characters will be written in the address line. If the combination consists of zeros and dashes, this indicates that the internal device is faulty.
Hard reset or reset Smart Hub
Another way to do a factory reset is to go to the support section. Then you need to move to self-diagnosis and go to the reset menu. In some cases, the system requires entering a password. Standard variant 0000.
Another reset option is through the Smart Hub self-diagnosis menu. In some models, the function is written in this way.
The main problem is that the reset options are directly dependent on the type of TV you have. It is not possible to display all of them.
Due to different TV models, problems may not be solved in the same way. However, there are universal options that are suitable even if Wi-Fi does not work on the TV series T24H390SIX or ue40es6307.
Ways to solve problems with connecting Samsung TVs to Wi-Fi
Few users will like it if the Internet on a Smart TV is constantly disconnected. This problem is not uncommon. Wi-Fi may stop working altogether, which means you have to look for a solution to the problem.
Violation of the Wi-Fi network in the 5 GHz range
If the Samsung TV does not see Wi-Fi in the 5 GHz range, then this may be due to the fact that this model lacks or has disabled support for the old network format. The speed at a frequency of 5 GHz is much higher, which means that the work of programs and other applications is better.
However, this system has certain nuances:
- The TV device must have support for 802.11ac wireless Internet. Whether there is such a possibility, you can see by the characteristics or by contacting the manufacturer’s technical support;
- The router must be dual-band with a distribution function at a frequency of 5 GHz.
If the above steps are completed, but the TV still does not see the Wi-Fi network, then the matter is in the channel. Going into the settings of the router, you will need to set one of four channels: 36, 40, 44 or 48.
Important! If the problem still persists, you should try resetting the network settings or resetting the TV itself.
If the Internet does not work on TV
It is one thing when the TV does not see Wi-Fi or cannot connect to the network, but it is another thing when there is a connection, and access to the “global web” is still absent or is constantly falling off. Accordingly, a person cannot work either in a browser or in an application.
The network status will be indicated with a red cross at the place of the Internet connection. One of the possible notifications “Connection without Internet access”, “Internet connection not established”.
What can be done in a SIMilar situation? To begin with, it is worth checking the router, whether the distribution is going to other devices (for example, a phone or tablet). If other devices gain access, the TV itself must be rebooted. To do this, you need to disconnect it from the power supply for 10-15 minutes. Also, the router is additionally rebooted.
Note! After the set time, you need to check the result. If the problem still exists, then in the settings you will need to register a static DNS server.
To do this, you need to go to the IP parameters. Enter DNS settings manually. Enter data “8888”, another option “8844”. Open the “Control” system in the main menu and go to the “Sub Option” subsection, and then to “RF Mute Time”. Here you need to set the frequency with which you will switch to another channel, the time is written in milliseconds. The standard indicator is 600. Then you should check the connection. If the problem persists, it is worth rebooting the TV.
Manual data entry
If the connection to Wi-Fi is unsuccessful, you must manually enter the detailed data for the connection (you can find them in the settings of the router). Data entry is performed as follows:
- In the TV settings, select the “Network”. “Network Settings” section.
- Find the item “Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection Settings”.
- Select manual setting mode.
- In the line “IP-address” enter any value from the range of the home network (it is better to check this data with your provider).
- In the line “Subnet mask” write the value that will be used by clients of the home network (usually 255.255.255.0.).
- In the line “Gateway” enter the IP address of the router.
Check with your ISP for the settings and try entering manually
The subnet mask and gateway can be found using any PC connected to the router. To do this, open the command line (WinR. cmd. Enter) and enter the command ipconfig / all, then press Enter.
How to update the software
Your TV’s software may be out of date, which often results in a wireless connection issue. In this case, you need to update the firmware. This can be done via the Internet by connecting via a network cable, or by downloading the firmware from an external medium, such as a disk or flash drive. There are different ways to update the firmware depending on the manufacturer.
Changing the position of the router
Sometimes the connection cannot be established because the signal from the router is too weak. It is recommended to place the router closer to the TV and eliminate any interference that may occur in the path of radio waves. Typically, such interference includes walls, large furniture and other electrical devices that create their own electromagnetic field.
The signal will get better if you install the router somewhere higher, for example, on a closet or on a wall above a door. If it is impossible to move the access point closer to the TV, then you should connect a more powerful antenna to the TV. You can also purchase a special device. a Wi-Fi signal amplifier (repeater, repeater).
First of all, it is worth restarting the TV and router. To reboot the TV, you must unplug it (and not turn it off with the remote control), wait half a minute and turn it on again.
Perform a full hardware reset
The router is also turned off for 20-30 seconds, after which the new Internet connection will have zero settings. After turning on both devices, try to connect again.
Reset network in TV settings
This function is not available on all TVs, for example, only newer models support it on Samsung devices.
To reset the network, go to the settings and select the “General”. “Network” section. There you need to find the item “Reset network settings” and confirm the action. After reset, try connecting again.
Reset network settings on newer Samsung TVs
To update the firmware, proceed as follows:
- Go to the manufacturer’s official website and find the model of your device through the search.
- Find the item “Support” and select the tab “Drivers, firmware and software”.
- A list of firmware will open, among which you need to select the newest one and download it to your PC.
- The firmware should be thrown into a new folder, and then copy this folder to the USB flash drive.
- Next, insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector and wait until the device sees the proposed firmware.
- The system will start the software update process and display a request for confirmation of this action, with which you need to agree.
LG TV software update
Full factory reset
Sometimes it makes sense to reset all settings to factory defaults. On different models, a full reset is carried out in different ways:
- On LG TVs you need to go to “Settings”, select the section “Advanced”. “General”. the item “Reset to factory settings”.
- On Samsung devices, go to the “Support.” section “Self-diagnosis”. “Reset”.
- On Panasonic models, go to “Settings”. select “System Menu”. “Initial Settings”.
Checking for Wi-Fi on your TV
Oddly enough, but first of all, you need to check if your TV supports Wi-Fi connection. If you are sure of the presence of a wireless connection, then you can proceed to the next item.
To check for Wi-Fi, you need to follow these tips:
- If your TV does not support Wi-Fi, then in its settings there will be no “Wireless connection” item at all, or it will be inactive (highlighted in gray). Sometimes the device asks to connect an external USB adapter.
- If you go to the settings along the path “Support”. “About this TV”, you can see information about the MAC addresses. As a rule, in the absence of Wi-Fi support, the line “MAC-address of the wireless Internet” will be filled with zeros, the same numbers, or this line will not be at all.
Check your MAC address information
Some smart TV models (mostly older ones) do not have built-in Wi-Fi. Thus, they can be connected to the Internet using a network cable, or through an external Wi-Fi adapter.
Any other TV
On devices from other manufacturers (Sony, Philips, etc.), the update process does not differ significantly from the previous ones. You need to act like this:
- Go to the manufacturer’s official website and download the new firmware for your model.
- The flash drive must first be formatted in the FAT32 system, and then drop the downloaded file there.
- Click on “Extract” to unpack the file.
- After unpacking, remove the USB flash drive from the computer and insert it into the USB connector of the TV.
- Go to settings and select the “Support” section.
- Find the item “Software update” and click the line “Update now”.
- The system will display a request, it must be confirmed.
- The device will look for the firmware file on the USB flash drive, after detecting it, it will display the inscription: “Update”, which should also be pressed.
The update process will start, after which the TV should automatically restart.
Another way to check the health of the wireless module is to update the TV firmware. This manipulation can be carried out in 2 ways:
- Using a special cable (LAN-wire), because the procedure cannot be completed without access to the Internet. If updates are found during the search, they must be installed;
- With the help of previously downloaded information to an external medium (USB flash drive). It is connected to the TV via USB and the data is updated. But first, you need to download the latest firmware from the official website of the TV manufacturer to an external drive.
Not all TVs support installing updated firmware from external storage. The only way out is a wired internet connection.
Reset default settings
The easiest and most effective method is to factory reset the settings. However, it is worth using it in extreme cases, if none of the above methods solved the problem. It should be remembered that other previously installed custom settings will also be replaced with the standard ones. In other words, you will have to customize your TV from scratch.
In the TV menu, you need to find the item “Reset to factory settings”, select it and confirm the action by clicking the “Update” button. There will be a complete update of the information, the multimedia device will reboot and display the start page, where you need to re-enter data and configure the functionality.
The main causes of problems connecting a TV to a Wi-fi router
In fact, there may be several reasons why there is no connection to the network through a router. To identify them, it is necessary to diagnose the device to identify problems. The main problems include:
- Initially incorrect configuration of network equipment;
- Receiver software glitches;
- Service Provider Problems;
- The Smart Hub service settings are down;
- Incorrect installation and setup of the Smart TV.
The TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi router
Televisions have long ceased to be solely a means of receiving and reproducing television signals. Modern models have a number of additional useful options that expand the functionality of the multimedia device. Among them, a special place is occupied by the possibility of accessing the Internet. Thanks to this, the receiver ceases to be a conventional electronic technique capable of displaying only transmitted pictures on the screen using loudspeakers. Such advanced units are called Smart TVs or “smart TVs”.
You can connect to the World Wide Web in two ways: via a LAN cable or using a Wi-fi network. The first is considered less attractive and unsafe because involves the use of a large number of wires that need to be hidden somewhere. And this does not look very aesthetically pleasing from the point of view of space ergonomics.
The best option is to use a wireless network. The latest TV models come with this feature by default, so they are in high demand among buyers. However, according to statistics, incidents occur with these samples. The TV does not connect to the Internet. the main problem faced by the happy owners of “smart technology”. A reasonable question is brewing: “Why does the TV not connect to the Wi-fi router?” To find the answer to it, you should figure out the cause and eliminate the malfunction. You can do this completely independently. How, read the article.
What to do if the TV won’t connect to Wi-fi
If the above methods did not find an error, then the problem is different.
Checking the compatibility of network standards
There are situations when there is no desired one in the list of available networks. It turns out that the router does not work according to the prescribed standards, but according to strangers that the TV saw. There are 4 types of standards: G, N, AC, 802.11B. The newest devices support the AC standard and operate at 5 GHz, while the other 3. at 2.4 GHz, and are intended for older models. So it turns out that outdated samples do not see the network due to frequency incompatibility. Fortunately, the situation is easy to fix. It is enough to reconfigure the frequency range from 5 to 2.4 GHz. Thus, the new Wi-fi router will start transmitting the signal while the old one is clean. To do this, in the control panel you need to find the Dual Band item, where the numbers are replaced.
Determining whether the built-in Wi-fi is faulty
Before starting troubleshooting, you need to make sure that the TV is equipped with a Wi-fi signal reception function. To do this, you just need to look at the instructions. If the user manual does not mention the built-in wireless network module, then you need to additionally purchase a special device with this function. It looks like a regular flash drive and is inserted, respectively, into the USB connector.
But in cases where the multimedia device supports wireless data transmission technology, and there is still no signal, you should diagnose the Wi-fi module itself. The aLGorithm of actions includes the following stages:
- Checking is possible using a device that supports a Wi-fi connection. Any smartphone will do. If the phone detects the network, then the module is functional;
- You can check the health of the built-in Wi-fi using the main menu of the device. In the window that opens, you should find the “Support” section, where you need to find a line with MAC addresses. The module does not work if there are dashes, zeros or other characters.
How to connect Smart TV to Wi-fi router
After making sure that the Wi-fi router is working properly, you can start using the Internet resources through the TV. The aLGorithm of actions is as follows:
- Turn on the TV and router;
- Using the buttons on the remote control, find the section of interest. “Network”;
- Then scroll through the lines and find the item “Network settings”;
- Select the sub-item “Wireless networks”;
- After a moment, the screen will display the available networks, where you need to find the home one and select it;
- A window will appear on the TV display asking for a password;
- After entering the secret code, press the “OK” button.
It is clear from the article that connecting the TV to a wireless network is quite SIMple, as well as fixing problems with a Wi-fi router. The main thing is to carefully study the instructions and follow all the recommendations. It should be remembered that the settings aLGorithm may differ for different brands.
Hard reset TV
Resetting the settings helps many.
- Turn off the machine.
- Open the system menu (read the user manual for details).
- The option has a characteristic name like Reset.
- Set up the instrument again, paying close attention to the Smart section.
We are sure that most of the readers know how, but here is the correct sequence of manipulations:
- Turn on your router. Make sure: there are no restrictions (frequency, protocol version, number of SIMultaneously served subscribers, unique SSID).
- Check network performance via cable or wireless Internet.
- Open the TV set menu.
- Find the Network section.
- Select method (wireless connection).
- Mark the desired SSID.
- Enter access key.
Malfunction / missing wireless adapter
A module that allows you to connect to Wi-Fi is often installed on the TV. Check additionally: “dongle” is visible from the outside, the indoor module is displayed in the built-in TV menu. Check:
- Test the visibility of any other devices. Visit the Network section to check for nearby access points. Scrupulously conduct control using a mobile phone or PC. Check the list of names, excluding errors.
- Find the MAC address of your wireless adapter by visiting the Support section. The position of the information is determined by the firmware version by the manufacturer. For example, Samsung has added the “Contact.” option. The presence of krakozyabr (zeros, dashes) implies a malfunction / absence of the module.
- Find the official website of the manufacturer.
- Find the firmware of the purchased TV model.
- The file usually contains the section Support, Download, Software, Download.
- Select version.
- Download the file.
- Follow the rules for placing the archive according to the instructions. Sometimes you want to create specifically titled folders.
- Plug in the flash drive, start the update by selecting the appropriate menu item.
- The provider chopped off the service.
- The router is incorrectly configured.
- Hacker attacks or hardware failures.
- Incorrect electronics settings.
- Electromagnetic interference. Bring the equipment as close as possible. Turn off microwave ovens, move mobile phones away.
The TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi router
The Smart TV is a true family friend. Full citizen of the state. Will take care of children who love to drive cars, will entertain household members on Sunday evening. 3D games will provide a complete illusion of reality. YouTube is full of utopian ideas that “prove” the virtuality of the planet Earth. Believe it or not. choose for yourself. The trouble is, if the TV does not see the router. it remains to listen to nonsense.
Updating the firmware
You can download the ready-made package, then plug the flash drive into the port. Or use the services online.
The TV stopped connecting the network, complains: NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. We translate: the name is not recognized. The error is universal, known to PC users running Windows operating systems. Users claim: viruses / antiviruses are often the cause. programs that change the firewall settings.
- Reboot your router.
- Check if you have an internet connection with your phone, tablet, laptop, or stationary PC.
- Repeating the error brings the location of the fault straight to the ISP. Or the router itself is hacked (KRACK). Perform a hard reset, call ISP, inquire.
- Try to connect the TV directly, bypassing the router (TP-Link, D-Link).
- Or change the DNS address by substituting the resources Yandex (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52), Google (184.108.40.206).
Doesn’t work, refuses to catch. replace the Wi-Fi cord.
Types of faults typical solutions
- Doesn’t connect.
- Wrong SSID selection, password entry:
- Visit the Network section of the menu, select the desired access point.
- Re-enter security key.
Don’t expect too much by following the typical recommendations of the user guide. However, a list of actions will undoubtedly solve some of the problems.