Changing the location of the router
Problems with the wireless network on the TV may be due to poor signal reception from the router. If possible, move the router closer to the Smart TV and install it so that there is less interference in the path of radio waves. Signal barriers are walls, furniture, and working appliances.
Installing an access point on an elevated level will help ensure a better WI-FI connection. For example, you can put the router on top of a cabinet or hang it over a door. If you cannot move the router closer to the TV, connect a more powerful antenna to it. The higher the antenna gain, the better the network will work on Smart TV.
Replacing the WI-FI adapter with an external one
This method will not correct any problems with the internal radio. But if it is because of them that errors occur when connecting, use an external device. The form factor of such a WI-FI adapter resembles an ordinary USB flash drive. Like most other devices, it works when connected to a TV via USB.
On sale there is another type of adapters for receiving WI-FI. They have an external multi-directional antenna that provides better signal reception from the router. It is recommended to connect such modules via a USB extension cable, placing them at some distance from the TV. Thanks to this connection, interference from a working Smart TV will be minimized, and the data exchange speed will increase.
Important advice! Before purchasing an external adapter for connecting to a wireless network, check the list of supported devices in the instructions. This information can also be found on the manufacturer’s website or in technical support.
Updating the TV’s firmware
Smart TV firmware needs to be updated in a timely manner. Errors can accumulate in the process of work, as a result of which difficulties arise when connecting to the Internet via WI-FI. Depending on the TV model, the update can be done in several ways:
- Through a wireless network;
- Using the cable Internet;
- Via an external USB storage device (USB flash drive or hard drive).
If WI-FI does not work on Smart TV, use the second or third option to download the new software version. Detailed instructions for updating the software are usually posted on the website of the company that released the TV. Possible names of the required section: “Help”, “Support” or “Help Center”.
While the utility is running, it is important not to disconnect or de-energize the device. Any interruption may affect the further functionality of the Smart TV. Do not use third-party firmware to avoid loss of warranty service.
Using a different WI-FI connection method
If you established the connection by manually entering the password from the wireless network, try connecting via WPS. WI-FI Protected Setup technology allows you to activate the fast connection mode in the TV settings. After that, a similar mode must be activated on the router. This is done through the control panel or a dedicated button on the back of the case.
To access the router’s web interface, turn the device over and find the login sticker. It is usually located on the bottom side and indicates the standard IP address, username and password. Enter the IP in any browser and enter the account information available on the sticker. Then go to the “WPS” section and activate this function. Fast connection will be available within 1-2 minutes.
In the case when the WPS protocol was used initially, but at the moment the connection cannot be established, enter the information manually. When connecting to a hidden network, you will need to specify not only the access key, but also the WI-FI name (SSID). TVs with earlier firmware versions do not always support Hidden Network Search. Therefore, before updating the software, it is recommended to remove the hiding of the network name in the router settings.
Finding problems with a WI-FI router
If you are having difficulty connecting to a wireless network, the router settings may be incorrect. To change them, go to the control panel. Click the DHCP tab and make sure the DHCP server is enabled and working properly. Disabling it will not automatically assign a local IP address to the TV and other network devices. Normal routing and internet access will not be possible.
Check the “Security” tab in the router settings. If client MAC filtering is enabled, disable it. On routers ASUS, TP-Link, D-Link, Huawei and some other manufacturers, the MAC address of any device can be whitelisted. In the future, the connections of devices from this list will not be blocked, so the normal operation of WI-FI on the TV will be restored.
The MAC address of Smart TV is specified in the settings. The exact path differs depending on the brand, on most TVs of popular manufacturers, the necessary information is in the menu:
- Samsung: “Support. Contact Samsung. Arrow to down. Wireless MAC “.
- LG: “Setting. Support. Product Information “.
- Philips: “Installation. Manual network configuration. View network settings. Start”.
Important! After adding MAC address of Smart TV to the “white list” or changing other parameters of the router, restart it. To do this, use the menu item “System” or “System Tools”. You can also use the power button on the case or temporarily disconnect the device from the outlet.
Resetting your TV
A quick way, which in some cases helps to solve problems with WI-FI operation on Smart TVs, is to restore factory settings. Before executing it, it is advisable to rewrite the values of the main parameters not related to the network. After the reset, you can get them back based on the recorded information. Menu path for restoring factory settings on popular TV models:
- LG: “Settings. Additionally. Are common. Factory reset “.
- Samsung: “Support. Self-diagnosis. Reset “.
- Panasonic: “Settings. System menu. Initial settings “.
Note! Factory reset will return more than the default network settings. Picture, sound, power saving and other Smart TV settings will not be saved.
Top 10 Ways to Check and Repair Wi-Fi on TV
There are 10 main ways to restore WI-FI to work on modern TVs. Most of them are related to correcting wireless settings. Required settings on Samsung, LG, Panasonic and Sony devices can be changed at home without contacting a service center.
Let’s take a look at all the main ways to fix configuration errors in turn:
What you need to connect a laptop to TV via Wi-Fi
Many people ask the question: how to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI? The main condition for the possibility of such a connection is the presence in the TV itself of Smart TV technology and a Wi-Fi module with support for Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA functions. The first allows you to connect a laptop to a TV directly, without using a home network and a router. However, not all TVs (especially older models) can be connected to laptops in this way. The second technology. DLNA, makes it possible to go from the TV itself to the network storage (for example, a folder on the hard drive of a PC connected to a home network) and start playing multimedia content from it. viewing a photo or video. You can also launch a media server from the laptop itself with broadcast to the TV.
The difference between these two connection methods is quite significant and below we will tell you what is the difference and how to organize such connections and how to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi
Connecting a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi wirelessly is a cherished dream of all online movie theater lovers and gamers. We will tell you how to do it quickly and without complicated settings.
Oddly enough, but not many people know that you can connect a laptop to a TV without wires in just a couple of mouse clicks. This will allow you to sit on the couch and broadcast your vacation photos or video to the big screen. You can also play your favorite games using not a small laptop display, but display the picture on a device with a huge diagonal. However, in the latter case, Honor says that the picture will be broadcast to the TV with a slight delay. When watching movies and photos, you will not notice this. Below we will give step-by-step instructions on how to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI.
Connecting to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
This feature works well on modern TVs from the 5th generation, where manufacturers have already implemented unified wireless direct drivers. This is the so-called. connecting a second wireless monitor, where the TV acts as an external display device for everything that happens on the screen of your mobile device, such as a laptop or smartphone.
In the first case, you need to have Windows 7, 8 or 10. A home network is not required with this connection, and authentication and connection is carried out through a connection request on the TV screen itself.
Such a connection is convenient because you can see on the big screen everything that is done on the screen of your PC or laptop, including working in the browser, viewing photos or videos, as well as the process of playing. The only drawback here is a slight delay in displaying content on TV and slightly fewer colors than on a PC display.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI? Making a Wi-Fi Direct connection is pretty straightforward. To do this, turn on your TV and laptop. Wi-Fi adapters must be activated on both devices.
Now on your Windows 10 laptop go to Start | Parameters | System | Display ”and on the right side under“ Multiple displays ”click on“ Connect to a wireless display ”. A vertical shutter with the “connect” menu and a list of detected devices will appear on the right side. In our case, this is Samsung 6 series (49). Click on the selected model, then on the TV itself, agree to the connection request. It should be noted that the connection may not occur on the first or even on the second attempt, since the computer needs time to transmit the TV signal encryption keys. But after the TV is connected to the laptop via WI-FI, you can broadcast the video even from another room.
In order to disable the transmission of the wireless video signal to the TV, click on “Connect to wireless display” again and click on the “Disconnect” button in the right curtain of the menu.
Connecting to a TV via DLNA
This type of connection consists in the fact that on a computer or laptop that is part of the home network, access is organized to certain folders where you place multimedia files. photos and videos. Only your TV can play them with its built-in player. A prerequisite for this is that the TV supports DLNA technology. a set of standards that allow devices connected to a home network to transmit and receive over various media content.
This can be done both from an Android smartphone and tablet, as well as from a TV (playback functions only). The question also arises of how to synchronize a laptop with a TV via WI-FI. In general, everything happens automatically.
The main task is to organize a shared folder on a laptop. To do this, you need to make it available to other devices on your home network, and also assign permanent IP addresses in the router for gadgets connected to the network. This is necessary so that the TV does not have to scan the network every time in search of this folder.
To do this, on the laptop’s hard drive, create a shared folder named in English, for example, MediaTV. Go to the “Access” tab in its properties. Then click “Advanced settings”, put a check mark next to the phrase “Open public access” and confirm the action by clicking “OK”.
If your TV with Smart TV is an old model and its system does not allow you to connect to devices on Windows OS, namely, the TV simply does not see the shared folder with files, there is another option to organize the broadcast of media content on its screen. But first you need to make sure that your TV is visible on your home network.
To do this, click on the “Network” icon in the Explorer on the left. After that, the devices available on the network will be displayed in the right pane. Now select a video file in MP4 format in any folder, right-click on it and select “Transfer to device” in the context menu, in our case to Samsung.
This will launch the Windows media server, displaying a list of files being transferred to the TV. Don’t miss the request on the TV itself to play a file from an external source.
Connecting using Wi-Fi adapters
If you failed to connect the laptop to the TV via Wi-Fi, but this method remains preferable for you, as compared with the HDMI connection, you can try to connect the laptop to the TV using an intermediary. a TV set-top box on Android or a Wi-Fi dongle. for example Google Chromecast. In this case, you just need to connect to the Wi-Fi network organized by this adapter and broadcast the signal to it.
However, such an extravagant solution will be justified if cable connection is almost impossible, such as for a video projector suspended from the ceiling. It is much cheaper and more reliable to use an HDMI connection and connect the laptop to the TV through the appropriate cable.
- Go to the official portal of LG.
- Enter the name of the screen model.
- Open the “Support” section.
- Then open the “Software” tab.
- From the presented list of software, choose the newest.
- Click on the link to start downloading the software to your personal computer.
- Create a folder and give it a name, move the downloaded firmware file there
- Copy to USB stick, and connect to TV.
- Smart TV will ask you to complete the update procedure.
- Confirm Action.
- LG TV firmware update completed successfully.
- Go to the TV menu, select “Support”.
- Open the section “Firmware update”.
- Select the “Update Now” tab.
- The screen will start checking for new software.
- If a new version is available, then you must click “Yes”.
- The TV will start the firmware update procedure.
- After the update, the device will reboot.
Another factor that can cause problems with the Internet is interference from other devices. For the adapter to be able to “wifi” without interference, it must be installed as far away from possible sources of interference as possible: air conditioner, microwave oven, telephone.
How to troubleshoot
Each problem requires an individual approach, below is a list of the most common problems and how to fix them.
- The screen does not see the device. options for eliminating this malfunction: turn off all equipment, and then turn it on; reset network settings and update software.
- Another WI-FI network. go to the network settings section, and specify the correct data.
- DHCP problems. turn off the monitor and then manually drive the network settings.
- Malfunction of the TV panel. if there is a malfunction of the equipment, then you need to update the software.
Built-in module problems
First of all, the user needs to make sure that his monitor supports Wi-Fi connection. If the screen is not equipped with this function, then you need to purchase an external network distributor. When buying, it must be borne in mind that the adapter must be compatible with the user’s TV model.
How to check a module for a malfunction: depending on the TV model, the problem determination scheme may differ slightly (Samsung TV is taken as an example).
Checking the correctness of the Wi-Fi module is carried out according to the following scheme:
- You need to find out if the plasma panel sees other Wi-Fi equipment. This can be determined using a mobile phone that has access to wireless Internet. This method will help you understand whether the adapter is working or not.
- Go to the main menu of the screen, select the “Support” item, then “Contact Samsung TV”. Then you need to look at the symbols in the address column, if the address consists of only zeros or dashes, then this indicates that the module does not work.
If the module is functioning, then in this case, experts recommend resetting the network settings.
In order for the smart TV to function well, it is necessary to update the software on time. Below are the ways how to install the latest firmware on the most popular plasma brands.
Why can’t I connect to the internet
The most common causes of problems are:
- The configuration of the network equipment was incorrect.
- The TV itself is incorrectly tuned.
- The problem is not with the technology, but with the Internet provider.
- Software crash.
- Problems with Smart Hub settings.
How to reset network settings
On Samsung screens, this operation is performed according to the following instructions:
- Plug in the plasma panel.
- In the main menu, perform the following operation: press the info key, then the menu button, then the power key.
- After this procedure, the television system will open access to the service menu.
- Select the Option section, and then press Enter.
- Go to Factory Reset.
- Close menu and turn off TV.
- Turn the screen back on, and re-configure the data (change name, pin code).
If the procedure for resetting the network settings did not bring success, then it is recommended to take two additional steps:
- Change the DNS server value manually. Before performing the procedure, turn off the DHCP option on the router.
- Then you need to perform the following sequence of actions: press Control Sub Option Mute Time, set the time to another channel 100 ms (automatic settings make the setting 600 ms).
Why TV Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi. Troubleshooting
Setting up wireless Internet access on TV does not take much time. Mostly, users only need a few minutes. However, what if the TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi router? First you need to diagnose the cause of the malfunction, and then carry out the restoration.
Why isn’t Wi-Fi working on my TV? There are several reasons. We will thoroughly analyze the problems faced by users, and then offer the best solution. Basically, the connection is configured by changing the system parameters.
Router location problem
Weak signal can cause disruption to the Wi-Fi router connection. If possible, move the router as close to the TV as possible. In order for the router to see TV, you need to remove all obstacles that attenuate the signals: large indoor plants, furniture, household appliances. What if the TV and router are in different rooms? The walls also block radio waves. Therefore, it is advisable to arrange the equipment in one room.
To improve the signal quality and speed of the Internet connection, you need to place the router on a hill. For example, you can place the hotspot on a large cabinet or hang it over a door. If it is not possible to change the location of the router, an additional antenna is connected to it to increase the power. As a result, the signal quality will increase markedly. The signal quality directly depends on the RF gain of the antenna.
Sometimes the TV does not see the router due to the fact that interference is created by other household appliances: a refrigerator, a microwave oven. This point is also worth taking into account. Place the equipment so that it does not interrupt the Internet connection.
The router is incorrectly configured
In some situations, the TV does not connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi due to incorrect router parameters. To configure your device, open the control panel. To do this, you need to enter the appropriate combination of numbers in the address bar of the browser. For details on how to open the main menu of the router, see the user manual.
To change the settings of the TP-Link router, go to the “DHCP” section. Check if the DHCP server is actually activated and functioning correctly. If you disable this option earlier, then the TV and other devices connected to the home network will not be automatically assigned an IP address. It is impossible to achieve good routing without automatic IP configuration.
Go to the “Security” section in the router settings. Disable client MAC filtering if this feature was enabled by default. On ASUS, D-Link, TP-Link, Huawei routers and devices from many other manufacturers, you can whitelist the device’s MAC address. What does it do? In the future, devices added to this list will not be blocked. Therefore, communication through the router will be correct.
How do I find the MAC address of my TV? All necessary information is displayed in the settings. The exact path varies depending on the vehicle manufacturer. Let’s consider some of the most popular options:
- Samsung: Go to Settings, then to the Support section and select Contact Samsung. Click on the down arrow and then select “Wireless MAC Address”.
- LG: Open the settings and go to the “Support” section. Click the Product Information tab. This is where the MAC address will be indicated.
- Philips: Go to settings and select “Install”. Then you need to select “Configure the network manually”. You need the command “View network settings”.
If you change the network settings of your router or add the TV’s MAC address to the whitelist, reboot the router for the changes to take effect. Reboot is carried out from the “System” tab. Alternatively, press and hold the power button of the router.
If you tried to connect the TV to your home wireless network by entering the password manually, then it also makes sense to try another method of setting up an Internet connection. WPS. Wi-Fi Protected Setup technology. allows you to quickly set up the Internet on your TV. However, this mode must also be enabled on the router. This can be done through system settings or by clicking on the appropriate button. It is located on the body of the router.
To access the web-based interface of the router, find the sticker with the corresponding information, turn the router over. Enter the IP address in the address bar, and then log in to the control panel by entering your username and password. Click the “WPS” tab to activate this mode. Quickly connect to your home network in just a few minutes.
What if the WPS mode worked correctly before, but later the TV stopped connecting to the home network? Enter all the required information manually. To connect to a hidden point, you need to enter not only the security password, but also the network name. SSID. TVs with older versions of the operating system do not always support the search for hidden wireless networks. Therefore, before updating the software, remove the hidden network names in the router settings.
Built-in Wi-Fi is defective
To determine why the TV is not connecting to the Internet, you need to check if the equipment supports Wi-Fi. If the model does not support Wi-Fi, then buy a special adapter. It is desirable that the TV and external Wi-Fi module are from the same manufacturer, otherwise there may be compatibility problems.
- First you need to check if the TV connects to other wireless networks. For example, if the device does not detect any other available connections at all, the module is most likely damaged.
- Open the settings and then go to the “Support” section. Open detailed information about TV. Pay attention to the symbols in the line with the addresses. If the address consists of zeros, then this indicates a malfunction of the module.
Sony TV won’t Connect to Wifi Fix it Now
It is extremely difficult to troubleshoot a hardware failure on your own. This requires special equipment. It is more rational to contact the service center so that the engineers normalize the work of TV.
Experts recommend using a USB cable to keep the adapter and TV within a certain distance. Connecting in this way minimizes interference that degrades reception quality. As a result, the speed of the Internet connection will noticeably increase.
We’ve talked about potential compatibility issues earlier. Therefore, open the instructions for your TV, and see which devices your model supports. Information about supported external adapters can also be found on the official portal of the TV manufacturer.
Resetting network settings on the TV
To reset the system settings on Smart TV, follow the following step-by-step instructions:
- Turn off the TV.
- Open the system settings menu. To do this, you need to press a combination of buttons on the remote control in the following sequence: Info, Menu, Mute, Power.
- TV service menu will open.
- Go to the “Option” tab and press “Enter”.
- Use the “Factory Reset” function.
- To close the service menu, just turn off the TV.
- Start the TV and check if it picks up the wireless internet connection.
What if the settings are reset, but the TV still does not see the network? To solve this problem, you need to perform additional steps:
- manually change the DNS values. The following parameters must be set: 8,8,4,4 or 8,8,8,8. First go to the router settings to deactivate the DHCP option;
- Use the RF Mute Time menu to select the automatic channel advance menu. The default is 600 ms, change this value to 100 ms.
Check if the TV is now looking for wireless networks.
For the TV to work correctly, you need to install system updates in a timely manner. Otherwise, various problems will arise. It is possible that the TV will stop seeing the home network. How to update the software component of smart TV? The algorithm will differ depending on which manufacturer’s equipment you are using. Let’s consider the most popular options.
LG TVs are updated according to the following algorithm:
- Go to the manufacturer’s official website.
- In the column “Search” you need to register the TV model.
- Go to the “Support” tab.
- Open the subsection “Software”.
- Download the latest system update package.
- The downloaded files need to be transferred to a special folder.
- Copy the directory containing the firmware files to a USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector of the TV.
- The TV operating system will request a software update.
- Agree and start installing software components.
Samsung TVs are updated a little differently:
- Turn on the TV.
- Go to settings.
- Select the “Support” section.
- Open the “Firmware Update” tab.
- Select the “Update Now” command.
- It will automatically search for a new system update package.
- The system will make a request to install a new firmware version, click “OK”.
- The process of installing system files will start.
- After the installation is complete, the TV will automatically reboot.
If Samsung Smart TV is not updated via the Internet, you can also install the new firmware version using a USB flash drive or external hard drive:
- Go to the website of the manufacturer.
- Download the latest update package for your TV.
- Insert the USB stick to the USB connector of your laptop or computer.
- Format with FAT32.
- We transfer the downloaded system files to the USB flash drive.
- Click “Extract”.
- Once unpacking is complete, safely remove the USB stick.
- Insert the USB stick into the TV USB socket.
- Open the main menu.
- Go to the “Support” section.
- Switch to the “Software Update” tab.
- Choose “Update Now”.
- Confirm OS upgrade when prompted.
- Smart TV will detect the firmware version that is loaded on the USB stick.
- Click “Update” and wait until the installation of the new firmware is complete.
When the installation is complete, the TV will reboot.
Reasons why the TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for the TV to see Wi-Fi. The malfunction occurs both at the stage of device synchronization during the first connection, and during operation. Problems arise due to various reasons:
- Incorrect settings of the Wi-Fi router or TV receiver. The error often occurs when using routers not recommended by the provider, which refuse to work. In difficult cases, you may need the help of a professional.
- Insufficient Wi-Fi signal strength, interference. The radiation level is checked by a special program on a smartphone.
- Provider problems. If the signal is not received via the Internet cable, you need to call Support to find out the reason.
- Outdated versions of Smart TV operating systems. TVs with older operating systems may not connect wirelessly to the router. It is necessary to keep the software up to date.
- Software glitch. Occurs for no apparent external reason, is treated by rebooting the device.
There are many more reasons why the TV does not catch Wi-Fi. But here are some typical malfunctions that can be eliminated by users on their own.
Features when connecting Wi-Fi on TVs
Connecting to a wireless network Smart TV Samsung and LG have some differences.
- specify the type of network “Wireless”;
- the TV searches for Wi-Fi networks;
- select the name of the required network in the drop-down list;
- enter the network password in the window that appears and click “Finish”;
- when a connection is established, a window will appear with information about this.
- using the “Setting” button on the remote control enter the Smart TV settings;
- select the “Network” section in the menu and enter it;
- click the “Network connection” item;
- click on the desired Wi-Fi network from the proposed list;
- enter the password in the proposed window;
- click OK;
- connection made.
Updating the TV’s firmware
The Smart TV operating system needs to be updated regularly. Outdated software may be the reason that Smart TV LG, Samsung or other does not connect to the Wi-Fi network. New versions of software shells fix bugs, improve performance and security of devices.
If the TV is connected to the Internet (it doesn’t matter whether by wire or via Wi-Fi), the system itself will prompt the user to install a new version after its release with a description of the sequence of steps. Download and installation takes less than 10 minutes.
If there is no connection to the Network, the new version of the operating system is downloaded from the manufacturer’s official website to the flash drive and from it is installed on the Smart TV.
Resetting your TV
The method eliminates connection errors, but has a serious drawback. When you reset the settings to the factory settings, all passwords and logins stored in the TV receiver’s memory will be deleted, they will have to be re-entered. Therefore, every time before resetting, you must write your personal credentials to the flash drive. After completing the reset, connect to the Wi-Fi network as usual.
For the LG TV receiver, the algorithm is as follows:
- In the “Settings” menu, select the “Advanced” tab.
- In the “General” section, activate the item “Reset to factory settings”.
- In the settings menu, select the “Support” mode.
- Enter the section “Self-diagnosis”.
- Activate the menu item “Reset”.
Manual entry of connection data
When you cannot create a Wi-Fi connection in automatic mode, you can try to do it manually:
- Use the TV remote to enter the network settings.
- Select manual setting.
- In the “Gateway” field, enter the IP address of the router. You can find it out through a computer connected to this router. In Windows 7, for this you need to: go to the “Control Panel” section, select “Network and Sharing Center”, select the “Local Area Connection” tab, in the “Status” window that appears, select “Information”.
- Move the sequence of numbers in the “Main gateway” column to the “Gateway” field of the TV. this is the IP address of the router.
- Enter the numerical sequence of the “Subnet mask” column in the corresponding field on the TV.
- Click OK.
If all values are entered correctly, the connection will appear.
Reasons why the TV does not see Wi-Fi, and their solution
Internet access has transformed Smart TV into a home entertainment center for the whole family. The most convenient way to connect a device to a network is a wireless Wi-Fi connection, so most smart TV models are equipped with built-in Wi-Fi adapters.
Using a different WI-FI connection method
To quickly connect the TV to a router via Wi-Fi, it is convenient to use the WPS mode. It does not require entering a password from a Wi-Fi network. Prerequisite. WPS must be supported by both devices.
In the section of the menu about wireless connection, you must select the item “Connect using WPS-PBS” and activate it. Within 2 minutes after activation, you need to press the WPS button on the router. It is usually located on the front of the instrument, but can be mounted on the back. You can enable the mode through the browser settings by entering them using the login and password provided by the provider. After a few seconds, the connection will be established. a window will appear on the TV screen with a notification about this.
Using a different WI-FI connection method
Other well-known methods of connecting to Wi-Fi include:
- Using an Android TV box;
- Plug AV application;
- Internet TV set-top box (receiver).
An Android TV box can be connected via the available video and audio outputs, as well as via an HDMI cable. It allows you to play tracks, videos and images in Full HD on the TV screen.
To use Plug AV, you need to use 2 Home Plug AV adapters (in particular TP-Link PA2010). Network connection is via corporate or home power grid.
Internet TV set-top box is designed for watching videos from the Internet space on the TV screen. These devices are considered universal because they are compatible with all TVs and can replace a DVD player.
Using a cable connection
To connect to the Internet via a cable, you must do the following:
- purchase a network cable of the required length;
- connect one end to the LAN connector on the router;
- connect the other end of the cable to a laptop / computer;
- connect the LAn cable to the Internet connector of the modem;
- wait for the indicator LED on the router to light up.
After the completed actions, you can go to the Internet space.
The inability to connect to the Internet on the TV may be due to a number of problems with both the TV itself and the router. This article shows the sequential steps to restore the connection.
Before setting up an Internet connection, select the appropriate connection algorithm according to the following diagram:
Troubleshooting DNS Server Errors
To eliminate the error that has occurred, you need to perform the following actions:
- In the “Start” menu, enter the “Control Panel”, item. “Administrative Tools”, select the section. “Services”.
- Find the line “DNS client”, there should be an inscription: “Works”.
- If the line is empty, move the mouse cursor, press the left button, open the context menu by clicking “Properties”.
- Next, in the “Startup type” column, specify “Automatic”
- Press the button “Apply” and “OK”.
In a situation where the service is running and there is no network access, the following actions should help:
- Login to control panel,
- Open the tab: “Network and Sharing Center”;
- Click on the “restore” button;
- Select a restore point;
- Confirm the action;
- When finished, restart your computer.
Changing the location of the router
Sony Bravia does not see Wi-Fi, this may be due to several factors.
The distance of the router to the device is a factor to consider. For the best viewing experience when streaming video or listening from an audio application, keep the router close to the device.
They should not be more than 8 meters apart. If possible, both devices should be installed in places where there are no walls between them.
Other wireless devices such as Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, microwave ovens, and devices that send radio frequencies can also cause poor signal strength.
Resetting your TV
The settings are reset by restarting the TV as follows:
- Press and hold the power button on the remote control for 5 seconds until the message “Power off” appears;
- Unplug AC power cord.
Note! If there is no positive dynamics, you should unplug the cable from the network and wait 2 minutes.
- Home Button (MENU).
- Section “System settings”, then “Wi-Fi settings”.
- Turn on “Built-in Wi-Fi” and “Wi-Fi Direct”;
- Go to the “Wi-Fi Direct Settings” tab.
- press the “Options” key;
- choose the “Manual” method;
- press the button “Other methods”;
- the SSID and WPA key will appear.
Reference! The option is not available on all devices that are compatible with Wi-Fi Direct. For more information, refer to the user manual of your smartphone, tablet or PC.
For a video tutorial on working with Wi-Fi Direct, see the following video:
The following factors can cause network problems:
- Incorrect password entered on the device when using a secure network
- Slow internet speed
- Distance from router to device
- Software updates performed on the device
- Interference from other wireless devices, etc.
If the configuration fails when retrieving Sony Internet content while trying to access the content, for example. Netflix or YouTube video services, you need to follow these steps to fix the problem:
- Check if the issue is resolved after completing each step.
- Check if an error message appears when accessing another online video service or content.
Note! If the error occurs only when trying to access one specific service, that service may be temporarily unavailable. In these rare cases, you should try again later. If a network error occurs, writes Sony Bravia “Internet is not available”, you must adhere to the following algorithm.
- Test your internet connection using another device such as a smartphone or computer to check if the internet is available.
- Make sure your router or cable modem has an active wired or wireless Internet connection.
Some routers have a Wi-Fi Multi Media (WMM) setting that helps control video streaming. If using a wireless connection, you need to change this setting to control latency and jitter when transferring content.
- If you’re using a wireless gaming adapter to connect, make sure it’s configured correctly.
- Reboot your router or cable modem.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet for a minute.
- Plug the power cord back into the outlet and wait until the flashing lights indicate that the modem or router has completely restarted.
- Refresh internet content.
- For TVs, run network diagnostics.
SONY users often encounter the Sony Bravia 2200 error. It manifests itself in the form of disconnecting the network connection when trying to access the World Wide Web. The TV refuses to download content. Error: 2200 appears regardless of the TV model: “Configuration failed when connecting. An error has occurred. Please try later. Error 2200 “.
Although our topic is about Wi-Fi, I will still write how to connect Sony Bravia to the Internet by connecting a patch cord to a router. We take a network cable, one end. into the LAN port of the router, the other. into the corresponding socket on the TV.
The TV receiver may have a port for direct connection of the provider’s cable. But I do not recommend this method, since the receiver may not recognize the type of connection, and you will not succeed. Through a router, it is more reliable and for sure.
- Press Home on the TV remote control;
- Select “Network”, then “Network Settings”;
- We need a wired setup type;
- Next, select “Auto” and wait for the connection.
You can now enjoy Smart TV functions and services to the fullest.