Wi-Fi connection without internet access. what to do?
Given the significant amount of materials on the site on the topic of “configuring the router”, various kinds of problems that arise when a user encounters a wireless router are a frequent topic in the comments to the instructions. And one of the most common. a smartphone, tablet or laptop sees a router, connects via Wi-Fi, but a network without access to the Internet. What is wrong, what to do, what could be the reason? I will try to answer these questions here.
If problems with the Internet via Wi-Fi appeared after upgrading to Windows 10 or installing the system, then I recommend reading the article: Wi-Fi connection is limited or does not work in Windows 10.
The very first step is for those who have just set up a router for the first time
One of the most common problems for those who have not encountered Wi-Fi routers before and decides to configure them on their own is that the user does not fully understand how it works.
For most Russian providers, in order to connect to the Internet, you need to launch some kind of connection on your computer PPPoE, L2TP, PPTP. And, out of habit, having already configured the router, the user continues to launch it. The fact is that from the moment the Wi-Fi router was configured, you do not need to start it, the router itself does this, and only then distributes the Internet to other devices. If you connect it on the computer, while it is also configured in the router, then as a result, two options are possible:
- Connection error (connection is not established, because it is already established by the router)
- The connection is established. in this case, at all standard tariffs where only one SIMultaneous connection is possible, the Internet will be available only on one computer. all other devices will connect to the router, but without access to the Internet.
I hope I have put it more or less clearly. By the way, this is also the reason that the created connection is shown in the “Broken” state in the router interface. Those. the essence is SIMple: the connection is either on a computer or in a router. we need only in a router that will already distribute the Internet to other devices, for which it actually exists.
Finding out the reason why the Wi-Fi connection has limited access
Before we start and provided that literally half an hour ago everything worked, and now the connection is limited (if not, then this is not your case), try the SIMplest option. restart the router (just turn it off and turn it back on), and also restart the device that refuses to connect. very often this solves the problem.
Further, again, for those whose wireless network only recently worked and the previous method did not help. check if the Internet works directly, via a cable (bypassing the router, via the provider’s cable)? Problems on the side of the ISP is the most common cause of “connection without Internet access”, at least in my province.
If this does not help, then read on.
Which device is to blame for the fact that there is no access to the Internet. a router, laptop or computer?
First, if you have already checked the Internet by connecting the computer directly with a wire and everything works, but when connected via a wireless router it does not, even after restarting the router, then there are usually two possible options:
- Incorrect wireless settings on the computer.
- A problem with the drivers for the wireless Wi-Fi module (a common situation with laptops that replaced the standard Windows).
- Something is wrong in the router (in its settings, or in something else)
If other devices, for example, a tablet, connect to Wi-Fi and open pages, then the problem should be looked for in laptops or computers. Here, too, various options are possible: if you have never used wireless Internet on this laptop, then:
- If the operating system with which it was sold is installed on the laptop and you have not reinstalled anything, find a program for managing wireless networks in the programs. this is available on laptops of almost all brands. Asus, Sony Vaio, Samsung, Lenovo, Acer and others. It so happens that even when the wireless adapter is supposedly enabled in Windows, but not in the proprietary utility, Wi-Fi does not work. True, it should be noted here that the message is somewhat different. not that the connection without access to the Internet.
- If Windows was reinstalled on another, and even if the laptop connects to other wireless networks, the first thing to do is to make sure that the correct driver is installed on the Wi-Fi adapter. The fact is that the drivers that Windows installs itself during installation do not always work adequately. Therefore, go to the laptop manufacturer’s website and install the official Wi-Fi drivers from there. This might fix the problem.
- There might be something wrong with the wireless settings in Windows or another operating system. In Windows, go to the Network and Sharing Center, select “Change adapter settings” on the right, right-click on the “Wireless connection” icon and click “Properties” in the context menu. You will see a list of connection components, in which you should select “Internet Protocol Version 4” and click the “Properties” button. Make sure that there are no entries in the fields “IP address”, “Default gateway”, “DNS server address”. all these parameters should be obtained automatically (in the overwhelming majority of cases. and if the phone and tablet work normally via Wi-Fi, then you have this particular case).
If all this does not help, then you should look for the problem in the router. Perhaps changing the channel, type of authentication, wireless region, 802.11 standard can help. This is provided that the router configuration itself has been performed correctly. You can read more about this in the article Problems when setting up a Wi-Fi router.
Wi-Fi network without internet access. What to do?
If the problem has already happened that the device connects to the Wi-Fi network, but the sites do not open, then first of all we need to find out what is wrong. On the Internet itself, in a router, or in a laptop, tablet and phone.
Checking the Internet connection without a router
Let’s go in order. First, we check if the Internet is working, otherwise you never know. To do this, SIMply plug the network cable directly into your computer, without a router. If the Internet works fine, then everything is fine, let’s move on. If not, then solve this problem with the provider.
If everything is fine with the Internet, then there is a problem, either with a router, or with a laptop, or another device that you want to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
We find out if the problem is in the router or in the laptop.
To do this, just try to connect not only one laptop to your router, but also a phone, tablet, or other laptop. If all devices find your Wi-Fi network, but when connected, it will not have access to the Internet (this connection status can be seen on a laptop). or SIMply sites will not open, then there is a problem in setting up a Wi-Fi router.
Well, if, for example, only one laptop does not work on the Internet via Wi-Fi, and other devices connect and open sites, then the problem is in the laptop (not necessarily a laptop, it can be a regular computer with a Wi-Fi receiver).
I hope you managed to find out what the problem is, in the router, or in the laptop. And now we will consider how to solve, or at least try to solve, this or that case.
Wi-Fi network without internet access. We solve the problem using the example of a TP-Link router
Hello, friends. And again I will be writing about wireless Wi-Fi networks and setting up a router. An article on how to connect and configure a TP-Link TL-WR841N Wi-Fi router has collected a lot of questions. And as a rule, these are questions like: everything works, but the Wi-Fi network without access to the Internet, or the Internet works via cable, but not via Wi-Fi. Well something like that.
Today, I decided to deal with this problem, I understand why such problems can appear.
So I decided to delve into this topic. Oleg has already set everything up, and everything works for him, but about everything in order.
I think the problem that we will now solve is clear, and you also have, after setting up the Wi-Fi router, the Internet via Wi-Fi does not work, or it works only via a cable from the router, or does not work at all through the router. We will consider this issue using the example of TP-Link routers, although I have a specific TP-Link TL-WR841N model, but still, I think that the settings are not very different from each other. In principle, if you have some other router, then read it anyway, it may come in handy.
If the problem is with the laptop
If it turns out that you have a problem with a laptop and a network without the Internet is only on it, then you need to check the settings of the wireless network connection. Perhaps in the process of setting up the router, you changed some settings in the laptop, or you previously configured some other network. Personally, on my laptop with Windows 7, there are parameters according to which the laptop automatically receives the IP address and DNS server from the router.
Everything works for me with such settings, my router is configured as written in the article on setting up TP-Link TL-WR841N. In order to check if your wireless connection is configured correctly on your laptop, we do this:
Connect to your network, the laptop should connect, but the icon on the notification bar that shows Wi-Fi will be with a yellow triangle, that is, no internet access. Like this:
Right-click on it and select “Network and Sharing Center”.
Then, in the new window, on the right, click on “Change adapter parameters”.
Next, right-click on “Wireless Network Connection”. and select “Properties”.
A window will open in which you need to select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” and click the “Properties” button.
Another window will open, in which you need to make sure that the boxes “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS servers automatically” are checked. If not, check these values, and click “OK”.
Restart your laptop, and if your Wi-Fi router is configured correctly (and, as we found out above, it is configured correctly). then the Wi-Fi network on the laptop should work and the sites should open.
Another important point: very often antiviruses and Firewalls can block the connection, so try disabling them.
If the problem is in the Wi-Fi router
Before you start configuring the router, it is advisable to reset the settings to the factory settings. To do this, press something sharp and hold the small button on the back of the router for 10 seconds (more details in this article). Then you can configure the router as described in the TP-Link TL-WR841N setup article (see link above).
In solving the problem with a network without access to the Internet, we are only interested in the WAN tab. In this section, you configure the Internet connection that we connect to the router, configure the provider, if I may say so.
In SND, most often providers use such Dynamic IP connections. Static IP. PPPoE. L2TP. PPTP. For example, my Kyivstar provider uses Dynamic IP. so I have the following settings on the WAN tab:
And if your provider uses a different connection technology, for example Static IP. PPPoE. or PPTP. Then setup with Dynamic IP. like mine, it won’t work for you. Because the router SIMply cannot connect to the Internet, it creates a network, but there is no Internet. And it is in these settings that the whole problem is.
For example, you can consider the problem that Oleg had, about whom I wrote at the beginning of the article. He has a Beeline provider, he is in the settings on the WAN tab. opposite WAN Connection Type: he chose Dynamic IP and therefore, his Internet did not work.
After I began to understand what the problem was, it turned out that Beeline uses L2TP / Russian L2TP technology. After Oleg opposite WAN Connection Type: installed L2TP / Russian L2TP. registered my username and password, and made other settings, then everything worked. This is how the router settings for Beeline look like:
As you already understood, this problem is solved very SIMply. You need to call your provider, or look on the Internet, which connection method he uses to connect. And already based on the information that you receive from the provider, you need to configure the router, or rather the WAN tab. Here’s another forum address for you http://forum.tp-linkru.com/viewtopic.php?p=253#p253 which says how to configure TP-Link routers for some Russian providers, such as Beeline \ Corbina. NoByNo. QWERTY. Dom.ru. 2KOM, etc.
If the provider binds to the MAC address
And more about binding to the MAC address. Some ISPs do this, and it may interfere with router configuration. Therefore, you need to connect the router via a network cable to a computer whose MAC address is registered with the provider, go to the MAC Clone tab in the router settings and click on the Clone MAC Address button. click Save.
They shared with me one solution that helped to defeat this problem when connecting over Wi-Fi. The person had Windows 8 and everything worked fine. But he decided to install Windows 7 and after that the problems started. The laptop connected to the wireless network, but “No Internet access”. All the advice did not help, but this is what helped:
Go to Control Panel \ Network and Internet \ Network and Sharing Center. Then, on the left, select Manage wireless networks.
Right click on the network you are having problem connecting to. Select properties.
Go to the Security tab, then click the Advanced Settings button. Check the box next to Enable Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) Compliance Mode for this network.
Here is an update, perhaps this method will help you!
I hope that I managed, clearly and step by step to describe what a problem can arise from when the network works through a router, but without access to the Internet. And how to solve this problem. Perhaps I didn’t write about something, so I ask you to supplement me in the comments. After all, it is impossible to write about all the ways to solve this problem, because there can be a lot of reasons for its occurrence. Good luck friends!
How to connect a TV via Wi-Fi
Different TVs have different connection methods. Consider setting up popular models: Samsung, LG, Sony.
The receivers of this company connect to the Internet via a local Wi-Fi network as follows:
- Let’s look in “Network”, then. in “Settings”.
- Next is the stage of configuring the network with an internal adapter. Click “Start”, go to the next item of auto settings.
- If there is a network, a menu appears with the name of the connected Wi-Fi device. Go to the menu and click the “Configure” tab.
- If the router is configured as expected, a connection picture appears. an Internet connection icon. When setting up the TV, a connection password is entered. Click “Ok”.
In the “Applications” tab, select any, activate it. Everything should work.
The process of connecting a Korean LG TV receiver is SIMple.
We operate from the settings on the control panel.
- After pressing the settings button on the right side of the screen, a menu appears in the form of a vertical row of rounds with icons. We select the lowest icon “Advanced settings”.
- After clicking, enter the next list with icons on the left side of the screen. By clicking “Network”, we see the name of the device with methods of connecting to the Internet. It has a wired connection, Wi-Fi connection, Wi-Fi Direct connection, LG Connect Apps. Under the button “Connect” should be entered “Connected to the Internet”. This means that everything went well.
- When you click “Ok”, a directory of possible connections appears. In it we select the name of our router. After clicking, enter the connection password. When connected, a check mark will appear next to the network name.
How do you know if the internet is working? We find the button “App” on the remote control. After clicking, the connection menus appear at the bottom of the screen. We select the “WWW” browser. The page will load. In the browser command line, just enter the name of the site. If it boots, everything is connected correctly.
- Press the “Home” key.
- Go to the “Settings” menu with the suitcase icon.
- Click the network icon.
- “Network setup”. rebuilds the Internet and local connections.
- The next step is to set up a network-wide connection. It provides access to the Internet and home “web”.
- From the two dropped buttons “SIMple” and “Specialist” press the button “SIMple”. This is the recommended connection method. The setup wizard will ask for a password to connect to the network. “Specialist”. for experienced users who know all the settings.
- Among the connection options: “LAN”, “Wi-Fi”, choose wireless.
- We find our router from the list of proposed ones. If the router has “WPS”, click the “Connect using WPS” menu. In the lists, we operate the remote control to select letters on the screen. At the end we confirm “Enter”. To work with WPS, press WPS on the router. The connection doesn’t need a password.
All. Your Sony is connected to the global web.
To connect your TV to the Internet, if there is no Smart TV, you will have to buy an external W-Fi module. The problem is that just one will not work. You will have to purchase the original device. It is necessary to find out whether the device will function with a remote module.
But you can try the connection through an additional router, connect with a network cable to the TV receiver. The bridged connection of the new router will send the image to the TV, having received data from the main module.
How to connect TV to Smart TV via Wi-Fi on any TV
Everyone believes that having paid money for the TV and bringing it home, it is enough to plug the plug into the outlet. But this action alone will not put a new device into operation. With this article, you will be able to connect your Smart TV to the Internet to get access to all the features of a smart TV.
- What you need to connect your Smart TV via Wi-Fi
- How to connect a TV via Wi-Fi
- Possible connection problems
What you need to connect your Smart TV via Wi-Fi
Connecting Smart TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi can be done in several ways:
- Using the built-in Wi-Fi adapter. You or your neighbors need a router.
- Internet connection of a TV without Smart TV is possible using an external Wi-Fi receiver. Sold separately. Plugs into USB port.
- Using an optional Wi-Fi router.
Possible connection problems
When connecting the Internet to a TV with Smart TV, a number of problems may arise.
- Apps or online browsing are not working properly. but the browser loads sites well. Firmware update required.
- Some of the services from the “All Applications” section have disappeared. This menu is opened with the “Sen” button on the TV remote control. If you reset the settings to the initial ones, the TV loads all available services again. To do this, press the “Home” button, then “Settings”, “System settings”, “Autostart”. Bravia will zero out the user information and reset them to the factory format. Some services may disappear from the screen due to the work of the provider.
- Unable to install Flash and other plugins. Some sites require plugins to be installed. What to do? Unfortunately the Sony TV does not install browser software. Such sites work correctly only with the mobile version.
- Connections are intermittent and services and sites squeaky, but the TV has a stable connection. Check internet access from other devices. If internet is available, restart your router. If this does not help, disable IPv6 routing on the access point.
- Interference in the connection may be due to insufficient power of the access point. place it in a line of sight and turn off other connected devices.
Option 1.message. Unidentified network.
In this case, we act like this:
Wi-Fi without Internet access. 2 ways to solve.
Recently, blog readers often turn to me with the following problem: after the user has configured the Wi-Fi router, the cable connection works fine, but the Wi-Fi connection is there, but the Internet does not. Roughly speaking Wi-Fi wifait but no sense))). In this article, we will try to figure out the cause of this phenomenon together and find solutions.
Let’s first define what the problem looks like.
In most cases, outwardly it looks like this. after connecting to a Wi-Fi network, an exclamation mark appears in a yellow triangle in the system tray near the clock on the network connection icon.
Click on the icon with the right mouse button and select the item “Network and Sharing Center” from the menu. Once there, we look at the window for viewing active networks.
Option 2. The network is recognized, but No Internet access.
In this case, you can work with Skype.agent or ICQ. But the pages are not displayed in the browser. In this case, you most likely have not registered or not automatically assigned the addresses of DNS servers. As a rule, it looks like this. in the Network and Sharing Center we see the following picture:
That is, there is Wi-Fi, it is connected, the address is received, but there is no Internet. If you go to the “Status of the wireless adapter”, then most likely you will see the following picture:
That is, there is nothing in the “IPv4 DNS Server” line. Sometimes there may be such an option that the router itself is registered as the DNS server, but the Internet still does not work. In this case, it is possible that the DNS servers are incorrectly configured on the router. The SIMplest solution in this case is to register the DNS server addresses manually. To do this, right-click on the wireless adapter and select the “Properties” item and select the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” item:
Here you will need to check the box “Use the following DNS server addresses” and write there the addresses of public DNS servers google (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11) or Yandex (18.104.22.168). Press the OK button and check the Internet access.
Registering the IP address.
The first step did not help, so the problem is most likely that you either do not have a DHCP server enabled in the router settings, or for some reason the computer cannot obtain an IP address automatically. Solution. we will register the IP address manually. To do this, right-click on the wireless adapter and select “Properties”:
The properties window for the wireless adapter will open. Select the item “Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” and double-click on it with the left mouse button. After that, you should see the “TCP / IP v4 Protocol Properties” window. Check the box Use the following IP address and write:
IP address. 192.168.1.2 (the value of the last octet can be anything from 2 to 254)
You will also need to register the addresses of DNS servers. I usually advise you to register google DNS servers (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199) or Yandex (188.8.131.52).
Press the OK button and check the Internet access.
Note: If your router’s IP address is not 192.168.1.1, but for example 192.168.0.1, like that of D-Link, then the IP address on the computer will also have to be registered from the same network. 192.168.0.2
Eliminate Wi-Fi connection failure.
In this step, we will eliminate the SIMplest software failure in the wireless adapter, which unfortunately happens in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 operating systems. To do this, you just need to turn it off and on.
To turn off the Wi-Fi adapter. double-click on it with the left mouse button. The “Wireless Connection Status” window will open:
At the bottom of the window, we find the “Disable” button. Click on it. The status window will then close. Now, double-click the left button on the “Wireless network” icon, or right-click on it and select the “Enable” item in the menu that opens:
The Wi-Fi adapter will turn on. After that, we wait until it hooks up to the wireless network and then check the work. The most interesting thing is that 30% of wireless problems are usually solved by SIMply turning the adapter on and off. With what it can be connected? The fact is that many Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users do not turn off their computer, but SIMply put it to sleep. After a certain time, the DHCP server of the router removes the computer’s IP address from the reservation and gives it to another device. a tablet, smartphone or laptop. Therefore, after waking up, your operating system will not be able to connect immediately and you have to reconnect.
Note: If you have only one device with Wi-Fi, but a SIMilar problem occurs often. try to delete it in the list of saved wireless networks and reconnect.
Wi-Fi without internet access. 2 solutions. : 407 comments
There is free rural wi-fi Rostelecom UUS. The phone sees and enters the Internet. The computer connected but without internet access. I go online by phone and distribute it to my computer via USB. Well, not idiocy? XasaH how to fix?
Thanks! Thanks to the clear presentation of the material, I connected my laptop to my Wi-Fi. On the first try. thanks.
And I put a check mark
Right Click My Connection. Properties. Security. Advanced. 802.11 Options
and it all worked
Thanks a lot to the author!
Everything is relevant, very specific and understandable.
Thank you so much, the stages are explained perfectly and clearly!
And I checked the “My connection” box with the right button. properties. security-additional parameters. 802.11 parameters and it all worked