How to connect a Samsung TV
Manufacturers design the interface based on their own ideas of usability. Samsung is no exception. A direct connection from your ISP will not work. And through a router or modem, the connection is made for any type of connection. Check that the equipment is working properly before setting up.
To make a wired or wireless connection, you need to go to the settings menu. R, N, M, Q, LS and K series settings can be accessed using buttons on the remote.
- Look for the house icon or Home (Menu).
- In the window that opens, go to the “Settings” item in the lower left corner of the screen. In the J, H, F and E series, access is via buttons on the remote control (Menu and Menu / 123).
- Go to the “General” tab and open “Network”.
How to connect a TV to the Internet via cable and WI-FI: 16 steps step by step
Televisions have grown wiser. Not in the sense of TV shows, but in terms of functionality. Now you can choose what and when to watch, drawing information from the endless bowels of the Internet. We will tell you how to connect different TV models to the network. And what can you use for this.
Wired LAN connection
Service providers can provide Internet access in several ways:
- some require the use of specialized equipment. modems, routers, and others;
- others can be used directly.
In any case, you need a cable (twisted pair) of sufficient length and a connector on the TV case. You can verify this possibility in the technical documentation. The connector is called RG45, on the TV the input is signed as LAN.
One end of the wire connects to the TV, the other to the modem or router. When the cable is installed correctly, you can hear a characteristic click. The next step is to do this:
- from the remote control, open the settings menu. You can access the desired tab in the SmartTV panel or in the TV settings menu;
- we find the “Networks” tab and get access to the network connection management menu. We pass to the item “Settings”;
- move the arrow of the remote control to the network that appears in the list, click “OK”;
- in the window that opens, click “Finish”.
Such actions are sufficient if the Internet is connected from a modem (router) with a dynamic IP. The TV will default to the settings from the service provider and automatically set the IP, MAC and DNS.
Difficulties can arise if the connection requires specifying clear parameters. The same static IP, for example.
- Then you need to open the “Advanced settings” tab and manually register the data for the connection.
- After entering the required values, click the “Ok” button, in the next window. “Finish”.
Before confirming, carefully check the entered data. If mistakes are made, the connection will fail.
In models with firmware on webOS, these items should be found in the main TV settings menu in the “Network” tab. The aLGorithm is the same. If the network is stable, all equipment is working and the cable is not damaged, you can start surfing the Internet. Otherwise, check the functionality of the equipment and cable for damage. Or ask for help from specialists.
Apple TV: what is special about the set-top box
Apple TV allows you to use popular instant messengers and networks, install toys, use paid and free cinemas, and third-party streaming apps. AirPlay lets you stream content from your iOS computer or phone. AirParrot utility for Windows users.
The set-top box is controlled by a touch panel equipped with an accelerometer and a gyroscope. Very handy while playing or browsing. The gadget is easy to connect, configure and operate.
Apple TV connects to an HDMI cable, which must be purchased separately. Access to the network is provided via LAN or wireless connection. The cost of such a gadget is not so affordable. But Apple techies appreciate its benefits.
Wireless: connection setup
When using an adapter, the network is configured as a wired connection. For TVs with built-in modules, two configuration options are possible. for WPS and WPA (WEP) connections.
The WPS function is performed using the router PIN that is generated each time the function is activated. This type of connection becomes available only after pressing the Push-button of the router. Only modems and routers equipped with this function can be used. For the WPS connection protocol in the tab for managing available networks, use the “Configure network connection” or “Wireless settings”.
Select the method “SIMple”, “Auto” or “WPS Button”, for PIN input. “WPS (PIN)”. The connection will be established after completing the following instructions.
Manual input mode requires selection of connection method “Expert”, “User” or “Scan”.
- Next, you need to follow the instructions indicated on the TV screen.
- To enter the password for the WEP connection, to open the on-screen keyboard, press the Enter button.
- The key must be entered case sensitive. In the “Auto” mode, the TV receives the parameters transmitted by the network IP, MAC, DNS.
- The manual mode will allow you to enter the required values. Follow further instructions to complete the settings.
With an unsecured connection in the list of networks, select the desired access point name and follow the instructions on the screen.
If all the parameters are correct, the TV will quickly complete and help you configure the selected connection. You can start using your BRAVIA HDTV and other applications.
Wi-Fi: access setup
- When choosing a type in the “Open network settings” tab, mark the “Wireless” value. View all possible connections by clicking on “Refresh”.
- In the Wi-Fi list, we find a suitable network name.
- We confirm the selection with the “Ok” button from the remote control. The window that appears contains a form and a keyboard for entering a password. To make sure that the key is specified correctly, you can check the box “Show password”.
- After filling and checking, we press the “Finish” button. Be sure to be case sensitive. The TV will check the data and perform automatic network setup.
- In the next window, complete the configuration using the “Ok” button.
If everything is done correctly, you can start using the Internet. Just try to run on Megogo or enter the browser.
We connect the patch cord to the LAN connector of the TV. At the other end, we connect the TV to the modem (or router). The aLGorithm of actions is SIMple:
- Open the main TV settings menu.
- In the “Network” tab, go to the “Open settings” item.
- Set the connection type to “Cable”.
Connectivity is checked automatically. The TV defaults to the provider’s settings. It will take some time.
- If the connection is established, to finish debugging, press the “OK” button.
- If an error is issued, then it is worth checking the wire for damage and fixing the plugs in the connectors.
What TVs can I connect to the Internet
Not only flagships and eminent manufacturing companies complete their products with Wi-Fi and wired network access modules. All modern TVs are already equipped with such capabilities. Connection takes 2-5 minutes, depending on skill.
To connect your TV to the Internet, there are two options:
- use a cord with an appropriate plug and sufficient length to connect the access point to the TV;
- or wirelessly using a router. He’s giving out Wi-Fi.
If you have an old TV set, where the connection is not provided, you should not be upset. Modern gadgets allow you to connect to the network almost any “blue screens”.
If you have a USB connector, you can use Wi-Fi adapters. TV set-top boxes with Internet access will help to expand functionality.
Let’s take a look at all the possibilities in order.
How to connect an LG TV
LG’s Smart function is very popular. It opens access to applications, browser, YouTube, c. and to other content.
It is important to have a high speed connection. Otherwise, it will be difficult to experience the benefits of freedom from a conventional TV. over, LG devices require a stable stream. Different versions of the firmware have a different interface, so the menu items go under different names. But the logic and connection procedure for all TVs is the same. Consider two options. wired and wireless access.
IN SONY BRAVIA
The whole connection procedure for a SONY BRAVIA TV (Sony Bravia) is the same as described above for other brands of devices. But connecting Smart TV to the Internet and setting up Smart-functions are somewhat different from those considered.
- First, press the key on the remote labeled “Home”.
- Click on the button with the image of the suitcase in the corner of the window and go to the “Settings” menu.
- In this window, select “Network”.
- Now click on “Update Internet Content”.
- A connection to the Sony Entertainment Network server will start to configure the services that are currently available.
- After the end of the tincture, Bravia will display a message with a recommendation to return to the main menu by pressing the “Home” button. But you need to ignore this offer and click on the “SEN” button, after which you will see a list of channels with and a list of applications, both foreign and Russian.
- It may take some time for the Sony unit to update. By clicking on the sign “” or “All applications”, you will see the entire list.
- Having decided on the choice of content, click “Open”, after which the broadcast will begin.
- The TV channel you like can be added to the quick access list by clicking on “Add to my applications”. The list appears initially when you press the “SEN” key.
On LG TVs
- the first thing to do is go to the main menu;
- in the upper right corner of the screen there will be a button to enter your account. click on it;
- in the next window, you can enter your authorization data (if you have already registered) or continue creating an account on LG Apps. the “Register” button;
- then you need to come up with a password and enter it together with your e-mail address in the form that opens, and then click on “Register”;
- then check your email using your smartphone or computer and confirm the creation of the profile;
- to enter your account, click in the upper corner “Login”;
- enter your registration data, put a tick next to “Stay signed in” (next time you will not be prompted to enter data);
- answer “No” in the window that appears, in which you are asked to enter additional information;
We connect the TV receiver to the Internet
Today, Internet access is implemented on many devices, and the TV is no exception. The easiest way is to connect new models of TV receivers to the Internet. they have built-in Wi-Fi modules, and the setup is intuitive. However, you can also connect to the Internet on old devices using a cable connection and special external Smart-attachments. Read more about the various ways to go online through the TV. in the material below.
On Samsung Smart TV
To connect the Internet, cable or wireless, to a Samsung TV, you can use the instructions for the same LG device. The connection steps and the diagram are not much different, except for the names of the items in the menu (the meaning is easy to guess about the purpose of the buttons). But there are some differences in setting up Smart TV on a Samsung TV:
- after connecting to the Internet, try to enter the Smart Hub menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control;
- to test the Internet and Samsung Smart TV for operability, you need to launch an application, for example, YouTube.
If you managed to connect your Samsung TV to the Internet, and everything worked, then you can relax and start installing various kinds of applications from Samsung Apps, and enjoy watching and Internet TV.
If there is no Wi-Fi module
How to connect a TV without a built-in module to the Internet via Wi-Fi, but with the ability to use an external device? It’s very SIMple. you need to purchase a Wi-Fi adapter and connect it to the USB port of your TV receiver.
Then, having entered the settings, select “Network”, “Network settings: wireless” and press the OK button located on the remote control. You will see a menu in which we select the desired connection.
- “Setting from the list of access points (AP)”. is selected if you have data for authorization and information about the name of your home network.
- “Easy installation (WPS button mode)”. is used if your router supports the ability to automatically establish a connection to Wi-Fi. This method can be called the SIMplest, since all that is required of you is to select this item and press the “WPS” button (holding it for a few seconds) located on the router. The setting will take place in automatic mode.
- “Network Setting (Ad hoc)” is intended if you want to set up a connection with your computer without Internet access, that is, a local.
If a router is not provided in the house, and the Internet is needed only on TV, then the Internet cable laid in the apartment by the provider should be immediately inserted into the TV, by analogy with what is described in the previous paragraph.
If the provider uses the dynamic IP address technology, synchronization will be performed automatically. If the technology uses a static IP address, then after connecting, you will have to open the “Network” item in the TV settings and select “Manual setting”. Next, we register the parameters of our connection. IP address and DNS. This information can be obtained from the provider or looked for in the service agreement. as a rule, a sheet with settings is issued with it.
Some providers bind the connection to the MAC address of the device. In this case, having a PC connected to the Internet in the house, it will not work to connect the TV to it. You need to contact your provider and ask to change the associated MAC address to the one assigned to the TV. To do this, go to its settings and find the “device support” or “product information” tab. The list of information will also indicate the MAC address. We rewrite it and inform the provider, after changing the address, we make the connection according to the above methods.
Connecting via a router
After connecting, a window will appear on the screen notifying that an Internet connection has occurred. It disappears on its own, and no additional settings are required. you can immediately use SmartTV or update the firmware.
How to connect a modern TV to the Internet via a cable was discussed above. But this is not the only way to get the opportunity to use the Internet on TV. You can also do without laying wires around the apartment using a wireless connection. To connect the TV to the Internet (wireless) via a router, you need a minimum of steps, provided that the device has a Wi-Fi module. Before making the configuration, you will need to prepare information about the name of your network and remember the password for it. Further, taking the remote control in hand, with the device turned on, do the following:
- Turn on the device and go to the menu by pressing the desired button.
- Next, in the settings you need to select “Network” and “Network Settings”.
- Then select the type of connection, in this case. wireless.
- The device will start searching for the Web environment, and after a short period of time it will display a list of it (it will display, in addition to yours, the networks of neighbors if you live in an apartment building).
- Select your network, and after pressing the “Ok” button on the remote control you will need to enter the password in the appropriate line. After a moment, a window will appear with a message that the connection has been established and the power on has been successful. If it doesn’t, find out why the TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi.
Settings for Smart TV
How to connect the Internet in different ways on the TV is now clear, but for the full use of the capabilities of Smart TV, just one connection to the World Wide Web is not enough.
Why the TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi. troubleshooting
Setting up wireless Internet access on TV does not take much time. Mostly users need a few minutes. However, what if the TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi router? First you need to diagnose the cause of the malfunction, and then carry out the restoration.
Why doesn’t Wi-Fi work on TV? There are several reasons. We will thoroughly analyze the problems faced by users, and then propose the best solution. Basically, the connection is configured by changing the system parameters.
Resetting network settings on the TV
To reset the system settings on Smart TV, follow the following step by step instructions:
- Turn off the TV.
- Open the system settings menu. To do this, you need to press a combination of buttons on the remote control in the following sequence: Info, Menu, Mute, Power.
- TV service menu will open.
- Go to the “Option” tab and press “Enter”.
- Use the “Factory Reset” function.
- To close the service menu, just turn off the TV.
- Start the TV and check if it picks up the wireless internet connection.
What if the settings are reset, but the TV still does not see the network? To solve this problem, you need to perform additional steps:
- manually change the DNS values. The following parameters must be set: 8,8,4,4 or 8,8,8,8. First go to the router settings to deactivate the DHCP option;
- Use the RF Mute Time menu to select the automatic channel advance menu. The default is 600 ms, change this value to 100 ms.
Check if the TV is now looking for wireless networks.
Built-in Wi-Fi is defective
To determine why the TV does not connect to the Internet, you need to check if the equipment supports Wi-Fi. If the model does not support Wi-Fi, then buy a special adapter. It is desirable that the TV and external Wi-Fi module are from the same manufacturer, otherwise compatibility problems may arise.
If the TV supports a wireless connection and everything worked correctly, but then the connection was lost, then the hardware Wi-Fi module is out of order. Diagnostics is carried out according to a SIMilar principle, but there are still certain differences. Take an LG TV as an example:
- First you need to check if the TV connects to other wireless networks. For example, if the device does not detect any other available connections at all, the module is most likely damaged.
- Open the settings and then go to the “Support” section. Open detailed information about TV. Pay attention to the symbols in the line with the addresses. If the address consists of zeros, then this indicates a module malfunction.
It is extremely difficult to troubleshoot a hardware failure on your own. This requires special equipment. It is more rational to contact the service center so that the engineers normalize the TV.
Experts recommend using a USB cable to keep the adapter and TV within a certain distance. This connection minimizes interference that degrades reception quality. As a result, the speed of the Internet connection will noticeably increase.
The router is incorrectly configured
In some situations, the TV does not connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi due to incorrect router parameters. Open Control Panel to configure your device. To do this, you need to enter the appropriate combination of numbers in the address bar of the browser. For details on how to open the router’s main menu, see the user manual.
To change the settings of the TP-Link router, go to the “DHCP” section. Check if the DHCP server is actually activated and functioning correctly. If you disable this option earlier, then the TV and other devices connected to the home network will not be automatically assigned an IP address. It is impossible to achieve good routing without automatic IP configuration.
Go to the “Security” section in the router settings. Disable client MAC filtering if this feature was enabled by default. On ASUS, D-Link, TP-Link, Huawei routers and devices from many other manufacturers, you can whitelist the device’s MAC address. What does it do? In the future, devices added to this list will not be blocked. Therefore, communication through the router will be correct.
How do I find the MAC address of my TV? All necessary information is displayed in the settings. The exact path varies depending on the vehicle manufacturer. Let’s consider some of the most popular options:
- Samsung: Go to Settings, then to the “Support” section and select “Contact Samsung”. Click on the down arrow and then select “Wireless MAC Address”.
- LG: Open the settings and go to the “Support” section. Click the Product Information tab. This is where the MAC address will be indicated.
- Philips: Go to settings and select “Install”. Then you need to select “Configure the network manually”. You need the command “View network settings”.
If you tried to connect the TV to your home wireless network by entering the password manually, then it also makes sense to try another way to configure the Internet connection. WPS. Wi-Fi Protected Setup technology. allows you to quickly set up the Internet on your TV. However, this mode must also be enabled on the router. This can be done through system settings or by clicking on the appropriate button. It is located on the body of the router.
To access the web-based interface of the router, find the sticker with the corresponding information, turn the router over. Enter the IP address in the address bar, and then log in to the control panel by entering your username and password. Click the “WPS” tab to activate this mode. Connect quickly to your home network in just a few minutes.
What if earlier the WPS mode worked correctly, but later the TV stopped connecting to the home network? Enter all the required information manually. To connect to a hidden point, you need to enter not only the security password, but also the name of the network. SSID. TVs with older versions of the operating system do not always support the search for hidden wireless networks. Therefore, before updating the software, remove the hidden network names in the router settings.
Router location problem
Disruptions in connecting to a Wi-Fi router may occur due to a weak signal. If possible, move the router as close to the TV as possible. For the router to see TV, you need to remove all obstacles that attenuate the signals: large indoor plants, furniture, household appliances. What if the TV and router are in different rooms? The walls also block radio waves. Therefore, it is advisable to arrange the equipment in one room.
To improve the signal quality and speed of the Internet connection, you need to place the router on a hill. For example, you can place the hotspot on a large cabinet or hang it over a door. If it is not possible to change the location of the router, an additional antenna is connected to it to increase the power. As a result, the signal quality will increase significantly. The signal quality directly depends on the RF gain of the antenna.
Sometimes the TV does not see the router due to the fact that interference is created by other household appliances: a refrigerator, a microwave oven. This point is also worth taking into account. Place the equipment so that it does not interrupt the Internet connection.
Updating the firmware
For the TV to work correctly, you need to install system updates in a timely manner. Otherwise, various problems will arise. It is possible that the TV will stop seeing the home network. How to update the software component of smart TV? The aLGorithm will differ depending on which manufacturer’s equipment you use. Let’s consider the most popular options.
LG TVs are updated according to the following aLGorithm:
- Go to the manufacturer’s official website.
- In the column “Search” you need to register the TV model.
- Go to the “Support” tab.
- Open the subsection “Software”.
- Download the latest system update package.
- The downloaded files need to be transferred to a special folder.
- Copy the directory containing the firmware files to a USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB stick into the USB connector of the TV.
- The TV operating system will request a software update.
- Agree and start installing software components.
Samsung TVs are updated a little differently:
- Turn on the TV.
- Go to settings.
- Select the “Support” section.
- Open the “Firmware Update” tab.
- Select the “Update Now” command.
- It will automatically search for a new system update package.
- The system will make a request to install a new firmware version, click “OK”.
- The process of installing system files will start.
- After the installation is complete, the TV will automatically reboot.
If Samsung Smart TV is not updated via the Internet, you can also install the new firmware version using a USB stick or external hard drive:
- Go to the website of the manufacturer.
- Download the latest update package for your TV.
- Insert the USB stick to the USB connector of your laptop or computer.
- Format with FAT32.
- We transfer the downloaded system files to the USB flash drive.
- Click “Extract”.
- Once unpacking is complete, safely remove the USB stick.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector TV.
- Open the main menu.
- Go to the “Support” section.
- Switch to the “Software Update” tab.
- Choose “Update Now”.
- Confirm OS upgrade when prompted.
- Smart TV will detect the firmware version that is loaded on the USB stick.
- Click “Update” and wait until the installation of the new firmware is complete.
When the installation is complete, the TV will reboot.
Configuring DNS servers on error 2200
The TV may display a 2200 message when trying to access a network connection under the following circumstances:
- lost internet signal
- unstable internet speed
- Internet not displayed
- apps suddenly disappear while browsing the internet-.
To fix this problem (Sony Bravia is connected without internet), you need to do the following:
- Turn off the TV.
- Unplug TV power cord.
- Unplug the power cords of the router and modem.
- Connect the power cords of the router and modem after two minutes.
- Connect TV power cord.
- Turn on the TV.
- After five minutes, update the TV’s internet content several times.
When using a wireless router, the communication between the TV and the router may be unstable due to radio waves. If the wireless Internet does not work on your Sony Bravia TV, then in order to eliminate any possible radio wave interference, you must:
- Power off other wireless devices.
- Connect TV to router using a wired LAN connection.
Replacing the Wi-Fi adapter with an external one
If you do not want to use an Internet cable, you can purchase an external USB Wi-Fi adapter. Connection to a computer is via a USB interface. For the correct selection of the adapter, it is worth knowing what type is needed (for example, 802.11a, b, g, ac). They differ in frequency, data transfer rate. The 802.11ac standard has the following characteristics:
- frequency range 2.4-5 GHz;
- speed 600 Mbit / s.
To find out the reasons why the Sony TV does not see Wi-Fi, you should carry out network diagnostics. For this you need:
- Click on the network connections symbol at the bottom of the screen;
- Click on network diagnostics in the window that opens;
- Wait until the check is over;
- In the section on troubleshooting network problems, look at the message about an unsuccessful attempt to correct the error in an automatic form.
Various factors may be responsible for the lack of automatic connection. To solve the problem, you need:
- Try to temporarily disable the antivirus program (perhaps the reason is its incorrect operation);
- Restart the DNS client service along with shutting down the computer if the problem is a Windows client crash.
In cases where the above methods do not have a significant effect on the state of affairs, it is worth trying to flush the DNS cache by typing the WinR key combination and entering “ipconfig / flushdns”.
Sony TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi
The device in question depends on the router IP address of the audio streaming device or. If the device is assigned the wrong IP address, it causes network problems such as unable to connect, errors while trying to connect, or unavailable service.
If your Sony TV does not connect to Wi-Fi, you need to check the network status of the unit to make sure the IP address is correct.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME or MENU button.
- Select Settings.
- In the “Settings” category, select “Network”.
- Under Network Settings, select View Network Status.
The network settings of the device in question will differ depending on the model. Must read manual to find specific model information.
Changing the Router Location
Sony Bravia does not see Wi-Fi, this may be due to several factors.
The distance of the router to the device is a factor to consider. For the best viewing experience when streaming or listening from an audio application, keep the router close to the device.
They should not be more than 8 meters apart. If possible, both devices should be installed in places where there are no walls between them.
Other wireless devices, such as Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, microwave ovens, and devices that send radio frequencies, can also cause poor signal strength.
Troubleshooting DNS Server Errors
To eliminate the error that has occurred, you need to perform the following actions:
- In the “Start” menu, enter the “Control Panel”, item. “Administrative Tools”, select the section. “Services”.
- Find the line “DNS client”, there should be an inscription: “Works”.
- If the line is empty, move the mouse cursor, press the left button, open the context menu by clicking “Properties”.
- Next, in the “Startup type” column, specify “Automatic”
- Press the button “Apply” and “OK”.
In a situation where the service is running and there is no network access, the following actions should help:
- Login to control panel,
- Open the tab: “Network and Sharing Center”;
- Click on the “restore” button;
- Select a restore point;
- Confirm the action;
- When finished, restart your computer.
Sony TV does not see Wi-Fi
If the TV stopped seeing only a specific access point, but sees others, then most likely the wireless router switched to a radio channel that the TV does not support.
Sony’s Android TVs run on Wi-Fi channels 1 through 11.
Go to the settings of the router (access point) and manually set the Wi-Fi channel from 1 to 11.
Using a different Wi-Fi connection method
The other most well-known methods of connecting to Wi-Fi include:
- Using an Android TV box;
- Plug AV application;
- Internet TV set-top box (receiver).
An Android TV box can be connected via the existing audio and audio outputs, as well as via an HDMI cable. It allows you to play tracks and images in Full HD on the TV screen.
To use Plug AV, you need to use 2 Home Plug AV adapters (in particular TP-Link PA2010). Network connection is via a corporate or home power grid.
Internet TV set-top box is intended for viewing from the Internet space on the TV screen. These devices are considered universal, since they are compatible with all TVs and can replace a DVD player.
Manually specifying connection data
If automatic data retrieval is not possible, you need to specify the manual connection information. To do this, you should:
- In the built-in TV menu, go to the Wi-Fi connection characteristics;
- Select the manual settings mode;
- In the line “IP address” enter any IP from the local range;
- In the line “subnet mask” specify that part of the address range that will be used to address users on the local network;
- In the line “gateway” enter the address of the used router.
Sony TV won’t connect to the internet
Most modern TVs have ceased to be just repeaters of analog or digital television, they have such features as Smart TV, Skype communication and much more. But most of the new features that have emerged are based on one paramount. Internet access from the TV. It is thanks to the Internet access that you can fully use Smart TV, watch movies from the Internet, chat on Skype, add and use other TV functions. How to set up the Internet on a TV is the primary task that arises immediately after purchasing it. In this article, I will show in detail how to connect a TV (suitable for any TV. LG, Philips, Samsung, Sony, etc.) to the Internet using a LAN cable.
1 With a network cable;
2With a Wi-Fi wireless connection.
In this article, I will describe the first method in detail. The main advantage of this method is that you will have practically no loss of Internet speed, unlike a wireless connection. This is especially important if your internet speed is slow. And the minus is that it is necessary to pull the network cable to the TV, BUT it is not at all necessary to do this, since there are technologies that allow the transmission of network packets over the electrical network, described in more detail in the article Internet / local home network through an outlet. HomePlug AV technology.
Connecting a cable to a TV is not as SIMple as it might seem the first time, because you need to understand where this cable comes from, where one of its ends is connected. And there are two possible options:
1 The network cable is connected to the router;
2 The network cable comes from the entrance (provider cable).
Let’s take a closer look at each of the options.
Connecting the TV to the Internet with a network cable from the provider.
This method does not require any additional devices and at first it may seem that everything is SIMple, but this is not entirely true. The thing is that providers use various connection technologies, for example PPPoE, L2TP, Dynamic IP, Static IP. The settings that need to be made on the TV in order for the Internet to work there depend on what technology your provider uses. You can find out what technology your provider uses by looking at the agreement with the provider or by calling technical support. Next, I propose to disassemble each of the connection technologies:
Dynamic IP. If your ISP uses a Dynamic IP, a minimum of effort is required from you:
1 Connect the network cable of the provider to the TV;
2 Make sure your TV is using Auto search for network settings.
For example, I will describe how to do this on LG TVs with webOS.
Press the “Settings” button on a regular remote control.
If you have a remote magic, press the “Input” button.
Select the gear icon.
Then select “Network”. “Ethernet wired connection”. There you should see the inscription “Connected to the Internet”, if so, then congratulations, you have configured the Internet on your TV.
If you have the inscription “No Internet connection via Ethernet”, select this connection and make sure that it is set to automatically receive network settings.
Static IP. With this connection method, you need to find out from the contract with the provider your network settings and register them in the TV settings. We do everything in steps:
1 Connect the network cable of the provider to the LAN port of the TV.
2 Go to the TV settings and write down the network settings of the provider.
For example, on LG TVs, press the “Settings” button, select from the menu. “Net”. “Wired Ethernet Connection”,
Then click the “Change” button.
Uncheck the “Automatic” box and write down the IP address, mask, gateway, DNS issued by the provider.
PPPoE, L2TP. Unfortunately, very few TVs allow you to configure the Internet if your ISP provides the Internet using PPPoE, L2TP technologies. And for most, the way out of this situation is to use a router to connect the TV to the Internet.
Setting up the Internet on the TV when connected via a router.
For this method, it is necessary that the Internet has already been configured on the router (you can find how to configure the router in other articles on our website). Connect one end of the cable to any LAN port of the router.
The other end of the cable to the TV.
Go to the TV settings. On LG TVs, for this, on the usual remote control press the “Settings” button
or the “Input” button on the remote magic
and select the gear icon.
Go to the “Network” menu. “Wired Ethernet connection” and make sure that below this label says “Connected to the Internet”.
If this is not the case, check that the TV would receive the network settings automatically by selecting an Ethernet connection. Click the “Change” button.
And check the box “Automatic”.
Thus, without much effort, using a LAN cable, you can set up the Internet on any TV (LG, Philips, Samsung, Sony, etc.).
Immediately after setting up the Internet, I recommend updating the firmware on your TV: