What can be configured without a remote control
Setting up any parameters without a remote control follows the same algorithm as described above. Among the main options on all TVs are provided:
- Search and tuning of channels. It can be carried out in automatic or manual mode. After completion, be sure to confirm and save the settings.
- Set contrast, brightness. Move the slider in this section using the volume buttons.
- Selecting a signal source. Broadcast frequency and other technical parameters.
Samsung Smart TV Tips & Tricks.Smart DNS Proxy
Important! After each setting, it is necessary to save the actions using the “OK” button. If this is not done, all entered parameters will be lost immediately upon exiting the menu.
LG control features
Any LG TV model can be turned on / off and set up without a remote control. This option is necessarily provided by the developers in case of loss, breakage or dead batteries in the remote control.
The vehicle keys have standard meanings: Power, Menu, OK, / The AV button is sometimes displayed separately. It is needed not to turn on the LG TV without a remote control, but to manually switch the broadcast to a DVD player or other external device.
To control equipment via a smartphone, there is also a separate licensed application. LG TV Remote. They can make settings and switch channels to Smart TV. Such models of equipment are produced after 2012. And for them to work, you need an Internet connection via Wi-Fi, Ethernet.
Examples of setting up Samsung, LG, Supra TVs without a remote control
In addition to the general scheme for setting up a TV without a remote control, it is worth understanding the features of a particular brand and brand of TV. This will speed up the process of mastering manual control during the time the remote control fails.
Standard manual control
To understand how to set up a TV without a remote control, you need to understand the standard values and keys. They are found on all TVs. And they include:
- Power on or POWER. It is located separately and is usually larger than the other keys.
- Go to the menu section. MENU. There are TV models where the same key is used to turn on, only in this case it must be held for 10-15 seconds.
- The key to confirm the selected actions is OK. There are options where to go to the menu you need to click on it twice.
- Channel switching. signs. Located next to each other. They are also used to navigate the menu.
- Volume control. indicated by and Also needed for navigation.
Separately, in older versions of TVs there is a button for switching the signal source. It is designated “AV”. In new versions, the broadcast source is selected through the menu.
Samsung TV tips & tricks to get you started,featuring 2020 8K Q800T.
In the new TVs from Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, the control keys resemble a game joystick, near which there is an on / off button.
Features of TVs
Absolutely all equipment equipment is push-button control. Therefore, you can both turn on and off the TV without a remote control. And also switch channels and adjust the sound. The only problem is when the channels are streamed through the STB. Its settings cannot be made without a separate remote control.
The location of the buttons on the equipment is different. They can be below the display, on the side panel. Their size can be so small that users do not even notice the presence of keys at first.
For example, for Philips and Toshiba appliances, the keys are most often located on the front panel on the left side. TV from Panasonic and Bravia are equipped with manual control of the right. Sony, Samsung and LG place the keys on the back, where all the interfaces for connecting third-party equipment are. In CRT TVs, the buttons are visible to the naked eye. They are located under the screen.
The remote control makes the TV easy to operate. With its help, it is easy to switch channels, make settings, adjust the volume and other parameters. But what to do if it breaks down or the batteries run out, and there are no others at home. Just not watching TV? There is a way out. control buttons on the equipment itself. Let’s figure out how to turn on the TV without a remote control. Consider standard options and remote control via smartphones for Smart TV.
Connecting using WPS
Connecting devices using the WPS function is widely used. In order to implement such a connection, you need to do the following:
- go to the “Network Settings” section;
- select the “WPS” item;
- press the corresponding button with the WPS label on the router and hold it for about 2 minutes;
- at this time, the TV will receive all the necessary settings and enter them into the appropriate fields.
Thus, one button sends all the information to the TV and realizes the automatic configuration of the wireless network. When the setup is complete, the network check screen appears. This means that the connection was made.
How to set up TV on Smart TV Samsung: expand the capabilities of the TV
Modern televisions greatly expand the possibilities for viewing programs. Now these are not just TV signal receivers, but real multimedia centers. The leading positions in this area are occupied by Samsung Smart TVs. But if you mess with the device for too long and cannot properly set up the TV on the Samsung Smart TV, then after studying this article, all difficulties will be left behind.
Wi-Fi wireless connection
To implement a wireless connection, you need a device that supports this data transfer. 7 series TVs are almost all equipped with the necessary equipment. But sometimes you may additionally need an external WI-FI adapter that connects directly to the TV. This is necessary for those models in which this component is not built.
The TV needs to be connected to a wireless IP device (modem or router). If there is DHCP support, then you can use this protocol and automatically configure the connection.
It is important to select a free channel for the TV, since the use of the same channel by two devices will lead to interruptions and interference.
If you need to connect a WI-FI adapter, it is recommended to turn off the TV first. After connecting the device, it can be turned on. In this case, you can observe some distortion of the image, which can be removed after detailed connection settings. You can also use an extension cord to help you place the adapter in a noise-free location.
Rectangular USB adapters are widely used, which makes it easy to organize an access point. This adapter connects one end to the Samsung Wireless LAN port and the other to the USB port.
You can also use an extension cable. It connects to the USB port and Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter. In this case, the adapter itself can be fixed on the back of the TV.
After all the manipulations, you will need to proceed with the direct TV setup. An important place in this case is allocated to the system of protection of accounts and the network as a whole. For protection, a security code is used, which should be as complex as possible. Otherwise, it will not be easy to protect the network from intrusion.
A combination of letters and numbers is used as a password.
It is recommended to use different case letters. The password is entered during the initial wireless setup, and then each new connected device must use the network with this password.
It is worth noting. That if the connection speed is lower than 10 Mbps, then there may be problems with automatic configuration. In this case, manual input of parameters may be required.
After that, the connection will be configured and you can start using the functionality of the device.
How to install apps
Smart TV allows you to use a huge number of different applications that significantly expand the functionality of your TV. But before you can use them, you must first find and install them.
- using the button on the remote control, go to the menu;
- find Samsung Apps among the list of programs and select;
Installation is usually done in a matter of seconds. Immediately after that, the required program will appear in the list and will be available for use.
How to connect
Setting up Samsung Smart TV is not possible without an internet connection. This is the only way to use all the functions of the TV. Without the Internet, buying a device is impractical. Consider the methods of connecting TVs of different series to the network.
Wired LAN connection
This method is to directly connect the TV to an external modem. A standard Ethernet cable is used for this. Most often, this method is used for 5 series TVs that do not use wireless modules.
Connection can be made not only through a modem, but also directly through a network outlet. It is better to know in advance about the possibility of such a connection, since it depends on the specific TV settings.
Depending on whether your home network is dynamic or static, the connection is done slightly differently. For a dynamic network, modems and routers with the support of appropriate technologies are used. Often they automatically set all the necessary parameters.
To implement a connection to a dynamic network, you need to do the following:
After completing the test, the network will be configured. This approach is implemented in devices with DHCP support.
With Plug Access technology
If your modem or router supports Plug Access, you can use it to set up your wireless connection. This requires:
- insert the storage device into the USB port on the router (if the light is blinking, then there is access to the network);
- the device is now removed from the router and inserted into the TV;
- immediately after that, the device will begin to transmit the necessary information and establish a connection automatically.
When the network check screen appears, the setup was successful.
If in the process of using the devices the settings of the router change, then you must repeat the procedure to update the data.
How to make Smart TV from a regular TV
Smart TVs with Smart TV functionality are gradually conquering the TV market. Smart models are so powerful that many users are beginning to think about replacing their old TV with a modern, high-performance model. Internet access, an abundance of interesting applications and services, unlimited Internet content. all this can now be available on your TV.
The benefits of Smart TVs are undeniable. Of course, all of these features can be used with a computer or laptop. But can a small monitor convey the feeling and atmosphere that a relatively large TV screen can convey? Probably not. But what if you are completely satisfied with your old TV, except for the lack of Smart functionality. Is it really necessary to buy a new model?
Many users have already faced not only these questions, but also the question of how to make Smart TV from a regular TV. In this article we will describe all the possibilities to improve your TV and bring it closer to advanced “smart” models.
It should be noted that you can make Smart TV from a regular TV using a special set-top box that connects to the TV. Today there are several types of such attachments. Each of them has its own characteristics and characteristics. That is why we will also remind you what set-top boxes exist and what to look for when choosing them.
Now on sale there are a large number of Smart set-top boxes that allow you to turn an ordinary TV into a Smart TV model. Such a set-top box connects to your TV and takes care of all the computing operations. Modern consoles come in the form of flash drives or small boxes. Smart set-top box has its own processor, its own memory and RAM. In essence, such set-top boxes are similar to modern computers. Recall that we have already considered all the subtleties when choosing a Smart set-top box. We will not repeat ourselves, but pay attention to common questions faced by ordinary users.
The first thing I want to draw your attention to is the fact that the set-top box does not emulate Smart platforms from various TV manufacturers. As you know, every major TV manufacturer has its own proprietary Smart platform with its own unique features, pre-installed applications and services. The overwhelming majority of set-top boxes run on the Android platform. The Android platform is very flexible, a large number of applications have already been written for it, which are designed specifically for TVs. Thus, with the help of such a set-top box, you can make Smart TV out of a regular TV. You will be able to use all the initially built-in applications, as well as install additional programs at will.
Many are interested in what specific additional programs can be installed and what benefits they provide. The app from Megogo allows you to get organized access to a huge database of films, TV series, cartoons and a variety of show programs. The MX Player application allows you to use one of the most advanced players for the Android platform. This player is capable of working with almost all known file formats. The Skype app allows video calls (requires additional purchase of a webcam). VideoMix is another application that is designed to comfortably watch movies, TV series and other videos. This is not a complete list of applications available for installation. The Android platform itself is very popular and there is definitely no shortage of interesting programs.
The possibility of connecting digital television is very interesting. You can connect IPTV package. With the help of IPTV, you can enjoy video in quality up to Full HD 1920 × 1080 pixels. Smart set-top boxes have a built-in IPTV client that will allow you to watch high-quality video on your TV. I would like to note that this is not digital cable TV. All information is transmitted via the Internet cable. Smart set-top boxes also boast a built-in social media client, and some models support playback of movies in 3 D format. It becomes obvious that making a Smart TV from a regular TV is quite realistic and it will cost much less than buying a new Smart TV.
Some users ask the question, what then is the “smartness” of the set-top box, if it does not support well-known Smart platforms from major manufacturers. As a matter of fact, the “smartness” of the set-top boxes lies in the fact that they actually provide the capabilities similar to Smart TVs. The Android platform scares off some buyers. People don’t understand how an Android box can have the same capabilities as Smart from LG or Samsung. There is no need to look for a catch where there is none. It is quite possible to make a Smart TV model out of an ordinary TV. Use Smart set-top box on Android and enjoy rich functionality.
Set-top boxes on the Android platform are produced in large quantities, and the demand for them is constantly growing. They are equipped with their own set of applications, which often have nothing to do with branded services (Viera Connect from Panasonic, Smart Hub from Samsung and others). However, most often such set-top boxes are produced by a company that does not specialize in the production of TVs. Branded consoles from major manufacturers stand apart. Such set-top boxes support proprietary services and have rich functionality. An example is the LG SP820 prefix. this set-top box gives full access to branded LG Smart TV applications. With it you can turn an ordinary TV into a real Smart TV.
In terms of its capabilities, the LG SP820 set-top box is similar to the usual Android set-top boxes. You have access to the Internet, applications, and built-in Wi. Fi. and branded service from LG. Among the downsides is the insufficient filling of Smart TV with the necessary content. Many applications are in a foreign language. But these are all nuances. Thanks to such set-top boxes, a Smart TV can be made from a regular TV (on a proprietary platform).
In this article, we described how to make Smart TV out of a regular TV. As it turned out, for this you need to connect a set-top box to the Smart TV, which will take over all the computing duties. As you can see, such a set-top box greatly expands the capabilities of a conventional TV. If you want to enjoy Smart capabilities on your TV, but you have no desire or opportunity to buy a new model, then the set-top box is a great way out. Everyone can turn an ordinary TV into a Smart TV.
Can a TV be turned into Smart?
Features Smart TV. advanced functionality that allows you to watch movies online, go to social networks, watch videos from YouTube and other advantages. Is it possible to make such a device from a regular TV? Yes, but this will require assistive devices.
Consider what devices will be made of TV Smart TV:
- Modern gaming consoles;
- Advanced media players;
- Receivers and set-top boxes of the Smart series;
- Blu-ray players;
- Synchronization with smartphone, tablet.
The listed equipment expands the functionality of a classic TV and brings it closer to Smart TV. New functionality depends on the connected device, which can run on iOS, Android.
Two popular stick options
The market for compact devices for converting a simple TV into a Smart TV is constantly growing. The most stable and high-quality at the moment are recognized two versions of the devices:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. Supports Full HD and 4K. Inside there is a good 2.4 GHz processor. Connects over a multi-stream MIMO wireless network, which gives a good internet connection. In Russia, equipment is difficult to find and this is its only drawback.
- The X96 S is a powerful device for supporting all video formats except 8K. There is a slot for expanding memory. micro SD. Operating system. Android 9.0 with support for all related applications. Supports almost all modern codecs. fits different TV versions.
A remote control is supplied with the sticks, with which it is easy to make settings and select the appropriate Smart TV options.
Complete set-top boxes
This is equipment that has impressive dimensions and wide functionality. Selected by characteristics. Allows you to broadcast video in 4K format. It connects not only to the network and TV, but also to the Internet via a LAN cable. Powered by Android OS.
- Route the internet cable to the device. If you buy it from a provider, he deals with this item and the connection itself within the framework of the concluded contract.
- Connect the set-top box to the network using a special cable.
- Connect the receiver and TV using the included HDMI cable.
- Use the TV remote to enter the menu. Select a signal source. HDMI 1 or 2, depending on the connector to which the device is connected.
- Take the remote control from the console and carry out the rest of the settings through it.
Important! You shouldn’t buy such expensive equipment if your TV doesn’t support high quality video formats. With old TVs, no additional Smart TV equipment will work.
After setting up and turning on, the functionality of the TV will expand significantly. It will be possible to use services to play content such as Netfilm, Hulu and others. And also download applications through the Apple store.
Samsung Smart TV: How to Download & Install Apps
Game consoles or Blu-ray to turn regular TV into Smart
A lot more functions than with a phone or tablet will add good game consoles. They practically turn the TV into a Smart TV if you buy an additional set-top box. For example, the Xbox has all the options you need to play online. And if you add the popular PlayStation 4 Pro console to it, you will be able to surf the Internet, download applications from the Playstation Store.
The stages of connecting the equipment depends on it itself. For example, game boxes have several connectors for connecting to the network, TV and the Internet.
TOP 3 popular Smart consoles
Various manufacturers offer good equipment to make Smart TV out of a regular TV. The most popular, reliable models include:
- Apple TV 4K is a good set-top box with a long lifespan. You can connect to it an Apple TV subscription to watch the latest movies. Additionally, a three-axis gyroscope is provided. The remote control acts as an electronic mouse or pointer. It runs on a rechargeable battery that is rechargeable via USB. Three ports are provided for connection: HDMI, LAN and a power connector. Network connection speed up to 1000 Mbps. It works at two Wi-Fi frequencies at the same time, which affects the broadcast speed. Easily syncs with your Apple account, phones and tablets of the same brand. There is built-in memory for 32 and 64 GB. And bluetooth 5.0 interface.
- Xiaomi Mi4 is a good budget set-top box that is the main competitor to Apple. There is no LAN cable entry. Internet connection via Wi-Fi. All standard applications are connected at once. And you can put additional ones through Google Play. Additionally, a graphics accelerator is built in, which opens up the ability to play some online games. RAM 2 GB. Built-in. 8 GB. Supports 4K resolution. There is also Bluetooth 4.1.
- Nvidia Shield TV is a 4K media player. Powered by an Nvidia Tegra X1 processor with 3GB of memory. OS. Android 8.0 with built-in Chromecast technology, allowing you to view bookmarks and videos from Google Chrome. There is a built-in 16 GB storage. Connection to the “Smart Home” system is allowed.
All three consoles meet the high demands of users and turn a regular TV into a Smart TV. It is better to purchase equipment in trusted electronics centers or from official suppliers.
How to set up Smart TV manually?
If it is not possible to connect automatically, then the adjustment is carried out manually. This is a simple process that doesn’t take long. The instruction is as follows:
- Go to the router settings and deactivate the dynamic DHCP function.
- Then manually enter in the TV menu in the network settings:
- IP address: 192.168.1.103 (maybe 192.168.1.104; 192.168.1.105 and so on).
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0.
- Gateway: 192.168.1.1.
- DNS Server: 22.214.171.124 (or 192.168.1.1).
What to do if it doesn’t connect?
Most often, problems with connecting to a Wi-Fi network are related to the settings of the router. Most often, in this case, other devices connected to this router cannot connect to the Internet. If this is not the reason, then you should follow the instructions and either set up Smart TV manually, or try to connect to the Internet without the Smart TV function.
How to turn on Wi-Fi on Smart TV?
Let’s consider how to connect a Samsung TV receiver to a Wi-Fi router without a wire in order to use the Internet on it. Automatic TV setup is carried out when you first turn it on. Even if there is no cable connection to the router, the built-in system will start searching by itself. When you turn it back on, there is a special Samsung setup algorithm with an Internet connection. It looks like this:
- On the “Network” tab, find the network settings. This can be done without going into the menu, using the “Settings” button on the control panel.
- When the device is ready for settings, a dark screen will appear.
- Activate the process by pressing the “start” button.
- Then select the type of connection. In our case. Wi-Fi.
- All nearby wireless networks will be found within 15 seconds.
- When the networks are found, you need to select your own and enter your username and password in the appropriate lines.
How to know if your Samsung TV supports Wi-Fi?
First of all, you need to know what year of release the model is. Samsung until 2010 does not support the Internet at all. Newer models may support Wi-Fi. The exact information is indicated in the instructions. In models released after 2014, there is a built-in adapter, which indicates the ability to connect Wi-Fi without the presence of additional equipment.
Possible problems and solutions
If problems arise, it is necessary to establish their cause. After diagnostics, it is possible to establish the correct connection. If the connection was established earlier and has now stopped working normally, it is necessary to determine why such a failure occurred. You need to go to the “Network” tab, and from there to the “Status” tab. Check access channel and IP address.
Two errors can prevent a normal Internet connection:
- problem in the chain: TV. router;
- chain failure: router. internet.
The problem is solved in these cases in different ways.
How to go online without Smart TV function?
To do this, you will have to install a special program “Media Server”. This program helps to broadcast various content from your computer to other devices, including your TV. The program helps to import a huge amount of films, music, video clips and photos, as well as other content from the Internet to the TV. These settings will help make the TV more modern, despite the lack of Smart TV functionality.
The program setup looks like this:
- Connect the TV and laptop to the network.
- Connect both devices to the same router. This can be done using a network cable or using Wi-Fi.
- If there is no router, then a TV, for example, with a laptop, can even be connected directly.
- Launch the media server program with a shortcut on the PC desktop.
- In the program settings, specify the path to the folders, the contents of which the user wants to watch on TV.
- After the program has rechecked and sorted everything, you can click the “start” button in the upper right corner.
- Turn on TV directly. If everything is done exactly according to the instructions, then it will be displayed in the “media server” program.
If there is a failure in the chain: Smart TV. router, you need to re-configure Smart TV Samsung. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Activate the “IP” key and select manual input of parameters.
- Maintain the properties of the router, which are indicated on its case.
- Then save the ethernet connection.
- Check connection result.
If this method does not work, there may be another problem.
How to install Russian language on Samsung Smart TV
In the screenshot above, we see in the red square ,, Language Set ,, you need to select the value CIS.
And also change the WI-FI REGION parameter to Q.
How to install Russian language on Samsung Smart TV.
How to change the language on TV Samsung many people ask this question when they buy a TV or bring it from another country.
I want to warn you right away, the author is not responsible if you do something wrong. changing the settings on the TV may cause bricking. In other words, kick your TV!
We look carefully at the video as shown in the video review of how to install Russian on a Samsung TV.
How to flash Samsung Smart TV. First, we need a Samsung TV control panel. Or a service remote in order to get into the service menu of the TV.
Not all remotes are suitable for this, look at the screen below one of the remotes that may suit you!
Your Samsung TV is turned off, then we poke 1 info 2 menu 3 mute 4 power. The TV should turn on and you will be taken to the service menu in which you can flash your Samsung Smart TV.
There are different consoles, I tried different dances with a tambourine, but with the original TV remote control I did not succeed. It’s all just borrow it from your neighbor for a couple of minutes. Business for 5 minutes, the main thing is not to rush and not screw up the TV!
And so you ended up in the service menu of the Samsung TV.
Most importantly, don’t use the left-right buttons, only use enter to select a category and top to bottom!
Well, here we are in the service menu of the 2018 Samsung TV, which was bought in Europe.