Connecting headphones via HDMI ARC port
Another modern method of transmitting sound from a TV receiver to outdoor devices is the introduction of HDMI ARC adapters. They, like optical adapters, are digital-to-analog converters, but instead of an optical cable, an HDMI cable is connected to them.
This method asks for an HDMI port in the TV set, but not an ordinary one, but a special design, which is designed specifically for outputting an audio signal. The port is referred to as “HDMI (ARC)” or “HDMI OUT (ARC)” (in any case, the abbreviation ARC is in the title):
DIY | Add Bluetooth Audio To Any TV For 10 With This Bluetooth Transmitter | Intellect Digest
And here is an example of a HDMI-ARC / AUX D / A converter:
How to connect wireless headphones to a Sony TV?
By analogy with previous brands, a Bluetooth headset can be connected to Sony devices using all of the above methods. It is necessary to have a TV model with an integrated module and follow the annotation from the first paragraph of our article. If it is not there, then the headset can be connected using an external receiver or through one of the other external devices, which we will write about below.
How to connect headphones to a TV?
Modern TV sets are equipped with powerful acoustic systems. Therefore, it would seem, why create a pairing between a telecom and wireless headphones? There are two reasons for this outright:
How Do I Make My TV Bluetooth Capable?
- Creates the effect of complete immersion in what is happening on the screen, so that you are not distracted by extraneous noise.
- You will be able to watch beloved films at any volume, without disturbing the rest of the household.
How to connect headphones to your LG TV?
Pairing the headset with an LG device, if it has a Bluetooth module, does not differ from the step-by-step control described above:
- Go to the “Bluetooth” menu, select the “Bluetooth headset” item, click “OK”.
- In the list of devices, select the model you want to connect.
- Enter the PIN-code (it should be indicated in the annotation, most often 0000 is indicated in the industrial settings).
What if there is no Bluetooth module? Then you need your phone at your fingertips. The method of action is as follows:
- Find the “Smart Hub” key on the remote control and press it.
- A code will appear on the screen. It needs to be scanned with your phone to install a special application called “LG TV Plus”.
- After starting the program in the list of proposed models, you need to find your TV model.
- A PIN code will be displayed on the TV screen, which activates the application: it will become similar to the remote control.
- Find the “Bluetooth Agent” item in the application menu.
- Put your headset in search mode.
- Pairing and control of the gadget is carried out through the phone. all you have to do is choose your wireless headset model.
- When you want to return to the speakers again, in the application you will need to select “Connect to TV speaker”.
Connection occurs as follows:
- Wireless headphones need to be put into search mode. If they are turned off. hold down the power key for a couple of seconds (when turned on, the accessory will give a corresponding signal).
- The next step is to go to the TV options. They will contain the item “Search for Bluetooth devices” (it is located in the sound settings).
- Open the menu of this item and find the name of your device in it.
- The last step is pairing. Now you can watch TV through headphones.
Optical headphone connection
In some models of modern and not extremely TVs there is a digital optical (Digital Audio Out) port, which provides audio signal transmission in very high quality. It looks like this:
However, there are no headphones that can directly reproduce sound from an optical cable. But there are special adapters for processing an optical signal, called “optical-to-analog converters” or collectively “digital-to-analog converters” (DAC). These devices, depending on the design, can output an analog audio signal to ordinary mini-jack 3.5mm or RCA ports (more often both options). Here is an example of the 1st of those converters:
And this is how the cable looks, connected at one end to the TV set, at the other end to the converter:
But it makes sense to use such a converter only for owners of wireless headphones who have difficulty connecting them to the TV itself.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to your TV?
Connecting headphones to a TV set is an easy process and in many ways similar to pairing with any other accessories. An appropriate Bluetooth module must be built into it. If it is not there, pairing can be done through a TV set-top box, special external adapters, game consoles.
Connecting wireless headphones to a TV set without a Bluetooth module
This is a personal use case for wireless head microphones in conjunction with TVs (Smart TV only). It consists in connecting an external Bluetooth module (audio transmitter) to the TV receiver.
To do this, a USB port must be included in the design of the TV receiver, but this is not the only requirement. Far from all modern Smart TVs (as well as Smart TV-boxes) support the function of redirecting the audio signal from the speakers to the USB port. Therefore, before purchasing a Bluetooth module, you should make sure that the existing TV receiver has the appropriate functionality. This information can be found in the technical documentation for the TV set or Smart TV set-top box.