Using an HDMI cable
The most popular digital interface today is HDMI, which allows you to synchronize various devices. The advantage of this cable is that it can carry the highest quality digital signal. Therefore, if you plan to watch Full HD video, then connect your TV via HDMI.
Connecting an iPhone to a TV using this principle will be somewhat problematic, since Apple gadgets are equipped with a proprietary Lightning interface. However, all this can be easily solved by purchasing a Digital AV or MiraScreen adapter.
How to connect iPhone to TV via HDMI? To set up your media content to play on a large screen, follow these simple step-by-step instructions:
- We connect a previously purchased adapter to the smartphone.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter.
- The other end of the cord must be connected to the TV by inserting the wire into the appropriate connector. Absolutely all modern models are equipped with such an interface, regardless of the manufacturer.
- Now you need to select a signal source. To do this, go to the menu and select the appropriate section of the settings. Also this parameter can be started by pressing the button of the remote control (usually Source). Be careful, many TVs are equipped with multiple HDMI connectors. Next to the connector itself, its number is usually indicated in small print. select it in the TV menu.
- After the performed actions, the connection will be completed. If you have an iPhone 4 or older model, then instead of the display, only shortcuts for video, audio and photo playback will be displayed. However, this will not prevent you from watching your favorite movie or listening to musical compositions.
Setting up a smartphone connection to a TV via HDMI is extremely easy, since you only need to plug the cord into the appropriate connectors, the subsequent synchronization is carried out automatically. If for some reason information is not displayed on the screen, then be sure to go to the TV settings and select HDMI as the main signal source.
Without a doubt, the USB cable remains the most versatile solution that allows you to synchronize your phone and TV equipment. The main advantage of this interface is its popularity; such a connector is available on all devices. Therefore, you can easily connect your iPhone to a TV using a USB cable.
Follow the step-by-step instructions:
- We connect via micro USB cable (30-pin or Lightning. it all depends on the smartphone model) to the TV. Typically the ports are located on the rear or side panel.
- Turn on the TV and go to the settings to select the USB port as the main signal source.
Wait a few seconds for syncing to complete. How to watch iPhone on TV? Unfortunately, this is not possible, to duplicate the image on a large screen, use HDMI. As for the USB interface, it allows you to use your mobile phone as a memory storage device. Therefore, this type of connection is suitable for those who have downloaded media content to their smartphone in advance. You will not be able to launch an application or video game either.
Modern TV models are equipped with a Smart platform, so they are able to connect to the Internet without additional devices either by cable or via Wi-Fi, which can be used to play media content from a smartphone on TV.
It is worth noting that this method remains one of the most practical, since you can do without connecting wires. Also, there is no need to use additional devices.
Connect iPhone to TV as follows:
- There is already a router and a Wi-Fi network, then we just connect the smartphone and TV to the home network.
- If there is no home Wi-Fi network, you can use the Wi-Fi Direct function. It allows you to connect devices via Wi-Fi without a router. True, not all TV models support it. Activation is done differently depending on the TV model. Often you need to go to the “Applications” section and activate the “Wi-Fi Direct” mode. The TV will show the name of the Wi-Fi network to which you need to connect your iPhone and the password to connect.
When the preparatory work is done, you can connect your iPhone to your TV:
- On the iPhone, we launch the application for playing media content on TV. For example, you can use the following programs: iMediaShare, Belkin MediaPlay. You can download the software from the Apple Store.
- Managing the software is much easier than it might seem at first glance. You just need to select a file for subsequent broadcast on the big screen. Intuitive application interface is a guarantee that you will not have any difficulties.
If you can’t connect your mobile phone to TV equipment via Wi-Fi, use the Google Chromecast device. this is a compact adapter that visually resembles a USB flash drive that must be inserted into the HDMI connector. With its help, you can significantly simplify the setup of a wireless connection with various models of TVs.
Connect with Apple TV
This is another way to wirelessly sync a smartphone and a TV device, however, it will only be possible to implement it if you have previously purchased an Apple TV set-top box.
Pairing devices will work if you use an Apple smartphone not older than the fourth generation. Be sure to install the latest iOS operating system updates before syncing, otherwise you may experience connection problems.
The iPhone is connected to the TV according to the following algorithm:
- We launch the set-top box and connect the TV to it using an HDMI cable.
- We connect iPhone to Apple TV. To do this, connect the devices to the same wireless network or turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and bring it closer to the set-top box. Connection prompts should appear on both screens.
- Double-click the Home button on your iPhone, then select the Volume and Brightness controls section. Or take a long swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- We select “AirPlay” or “Screen repeat”, and then from the list offered, select Apple TV.
- When you click on the set-top box, the “AirPlay Mirroring” switch will open, activate it and wait until the smartphone’s desktop image appears on the TV screen.
5 Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
The popularity of TVs without Smart features is dropping extremely quickly. It is not surprising, because every user wants to watch movies online and, if necessary, go to their favorite sites. However, this does not mean that you need to run to an electronics supermarket and buy expensive “smart” equipment.
First, learn how to connect your iPhone to your TV. Such synchronization will significantly improve the functionality of the most ordinary TV:
- Internet surfing;
- online playback of media content;
- video calls via Skype and other similar programs;
- making presentations on the big screen.
This is just a short list of the possibilities that will open up after connecting a TV-device to a mobile phone. There are several popular ways to achieve this goal. Let’s consider each of them to determine the most effective.
It is possible to synchronize television equipment and a mobile phone in other ways, for example, with tulips. a composite cable that was actively used in the early 2000s. Using this wire today, you can connect an iPhone to a TV. However, you need to understand that you will not be able to view high-resolution videos and photos.
You can connect from a smartphone to a TV using a composite cable using several types of adapters at once. Which adapter should you give preference to? It’s up to you to decide. Much depends on the iPhone model.
- Composite AV cable. 3 plugs (tulips) and one USB input. Suitable for iPhone 4s and older smartphones from Apple.x
- A component AV cable is somewhat similar to a composite cable. The main difference lies in the presence of connectors for synchronizing the image and improving the quality of the transmitted picture. Also suitable for iPhone 3, 4, 4s.
- Lightning VGA adapter. used to connect new models. 5, 5s. The main feature is the presence of a 15-pin analog VGA connector.
Connecting iPhone to TV is a simple procedure that every user can handle. It is enough to simply connect the connectors using a cable; in some situations, additional adapters are used that function as adapters. No special software required to connect iPhone.
Additional software configuration is also not carried out. You just need to open the main menu on the TV and select the signal source.
7 Ways to Connect iPhone to LG TV
Often, you really want to show your friends or family an interesting video from YouTube, your own video or photos from the iPhone, films available to subscribers of some services, but you never know what else. It happens that there is a need to organize a video conference, communication via Skype and other business events.
But how to connect iPhone to LG TV? There are several ways to suit a particular hardware configuration.
When choosing a method to connect an iPhone to an LG TV, you need to find out if the TV has a Wi-Fi module. If the device is old enough, then the wireless module may not be in it, but it probably has USB, HDMI or analog input ports.
It is also possible to connect iPhone to TV via Apple TV, AirPlay and Google Chromecast.
Media Player Google Chromecast
There is another way to play videos and photos from the iPhone on the large screen of the TV panel. for this, the Google Chromecast device is used.
A device from Google allows you to broadcast streaming video, photo and audio content to TV, even if the TV does not have a Wi-Fi module.
Connecting the player will require just a few steps:
- Miniature player plugs into the HDMI connector of the TV.
- Both devices connect to a common Wi-Fi network, in general this happens automatically, however, you may need to enter a password from the wireless network.
- Download in GooglPlay and install the Google Home program. Launch the application. Create a google account or log into an existing one.
- A list of all devices connected and ready to start appears on the smartphone screen. Select LG TV.
- Next, a code will appear on the TV screen, which must be entered into the application field on the iPhone.
The wireless method of connection is attractive, first of all, by the absence of wires, which means that there are no strict restrictions on the range of placing a smartphone from TV.
The ability to connect iPhone and TV without the use of awkward cords varies by TV model. As a rule, LG Smart TVs have a built-in wireless data transfer module.
Broadcast using AirPlay
For the happy owners of Apple and iPhone TVs, connecting a smartphone to a TV was literally a matter of two touches. The technology of “air data transmission” from “apple” allows you to duplicate the iPhone screen on a TV or start broadcasting videos, photos, presentations, games directly from the running application.
- Connect your smartphone and TV to a shared Wi-Fi network.
- Select the AirPlay icon on the smartphone screen (for the “Photos” folder. the “Transfer” icon).
- Select Smart TV, if there are several such TVs. select the one you need.
- We connect to a common Wi-Fi network for the smartphone and TV.
- By “swiping” up from the bottom of the smartphone screen (for iPhone 8 and below) and from the upper right corner for later versions, open the “Control Center”.
- Click the Screen mirroring icon.
- Select an AirPlay TV from the list.
- If necessary. enter the password.
To stop broadcasting and mirroring the screen in the same smartphone menus there are corresponding “buttons”.
Important! Unfortunately, not all TVs support airplay technology. Many manufacturers, including LG, launched AirPlay-enabled models in 2019. But there are TVs on sale that will get a new feature when the software is updated.!
All LG Smart TVs have Wi-Fi connectivity via a built-in module. To start viewing photo and video content from iPhone on LG TV, you need to:
- Make sure both iPhone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the official LG website, download the Smart Share program, which is completely free and is located in the “Support”. “Hardware and Software” section.
- Install the required application on the iPhone by downloading it from the App Store. There are many such applications, they can be free, or they can cost money (iMediaShare, TV Assist, Twonky Beam).
- Launch the program on your smartphone. Further steps may be different, depending on the selected application. So, in Twonky Beam you need to check the box “Show or hide show”; select the desired photo or video; wait for the start of playback.
Owners of “obsolete” LG TVs should not be upset and images from smartphones from Apple can also be viewed on the TV screen. Older TVs have a composite video and audio input. In order to connect a phone to a TV, you will need one of three types of cable:
Reference! The connection via the analog input does not require special settings, it is only important to pay attention to the correspondence of the colors of the plugs “tulips” and the inputs of the TV.
After connecting in the settings, you need to select the appropriate “Signal source”.
With a cable
The cable connection of the “apple” phone to the LG TV will require the purchase of an appropriate adapter, since the iPhone has only one connector for connecting with other devices and the same connector for charging the smartphone.
Connecting to a TV via a USB port is not easy, but very simple: one end of the USB cable is inserted into the smartphone, and the other into the corresponding port of the TV.
- For iPhone version 4 and older, you will need a dedicated Apple USB cable.
- Starting from the 5th version of the iPhone, a special Apple Lightning to USB Adapter is used.
The final step is to select the USB mode in the TV settings (“Signal Source”).
When you connect your smartphone to your TV via USB, the iPhone acts as a storage medium. Simply put: it is possible to view only photos and / or videos loaded into the permanent memory of the device. Live streaming, e.g. from YouTube, is not possible.
Connecting iPhone to TV via HDMI is the best option for high quality (Full HD) video.
To connect two devices, you need adapters:
- iPhone version 4 and later. AV Adapter Digital.
- iPhone 5 or higher. AV Adapter Lightning.
Such a connection does not require any special settings and looks exactly the same as a USB connection step by step:
- The adapter connects to the smartphone.
- HDMI cable connects one end to the adapter, the other to the TV.
- The device is read and configured automatically.
- In the TV settings, HDMI is indicated as the signal source. If there are several HDMI ports on the TV, specify the one to which the smartphone is connected.
The only drawback of this connection is the short HDMI cable. The limitation is caused by the impossibility of transmission over a long signal “cord” without loss of quality.
How to connect “iPhone” to TV? Via USB! The wired connection is the easiest. Only it does not suit everyone.
- Insert USB cable into phone.
- Connect the appropriate wire to the TV.
- In the TV settings, put the display “Via USB”.
Similarly, it connects via HDMI or VGA. But this is not all possible layouts.
About connecting via DLNA (video online)
Now let’s take decisive action. The following 2 instructions work on all DLNA TVs. Accordingly, they can be considered universal. Let’s start by playing the video from the “iPhone” online.
Instructions for connecting a gadget to a TV are as follows:
- Install Twonky Beam on your mobile device.
- Go to application settings. To do this, click on the gear image.
- Check the box next to “Show or hide the visual.”.
- Find the desired video file in the search bar.
- Open the side menu with a left-to-right movement.
- Select your TV model there.
- Start playing video on iPhone.
“Beaming.” Will appear. At this time, the video will be displayed on the screen of the selected TV.
How to connect “iPhone” TV? Let’s start by looking at DLNA connectivity. If the TV has a similar function, the task is solved very easily.
First, you have to prepare some devices and devices. Namely:
- Twonki Beam program;
- apple gadget;
- DLNA TV.
This is where all the preparation ends. The work will be carried out wirelessly, which is good news.
On the Internet
You can connect your iPhone to your TV using Wi-Fi using different methods. In any case, you first need to install special software on the TV. LG has Smart Share, and Samsung. AllShare. This must be done under any circumstances. Otherwise, connecting to a TV just doesn’t make sense.
A popular method is to connect through a dedicated app. iMediaShare. In this case, you will be able to quickly sync the devices. The main thing is that they are connected to the same network.
A guide for connecting an “iPhone” to a TV looks something like this:
- Download and install iMediaShare.
- Connect smartphone to Wi-Fi.
- Connect to a wireless network from a TV. Devices must access the Internet from the same network.
- Open iMediaShare.
- Select the video you want to play.
This is where all the actions end. But there is one more trick. For example, you can use AppleTV to accomplish the task.
On methods for solving the problem
In fact, connecting a smartphone to a TV takes a minimum of time. Users have a certain freedom of choice when solving the task.
- via Wi-Fi;
- via AppleTV;
- by HDMI;
- via USB;
- using DLNA;
- using chromecast.
The penultimate method is in the highest demand. After all, the user will be able to connect the “iPhone” to a TV that is not equipped with Wi-Fi technology.
Apple TV and “iPhone
How to connect “iPhone” to LG TV? Just like any other TV that can connect to Wi-Fi. Experienced apple users solve the problem radically. buy a special AppleTV set-top box. With its help, the synchronization of the mentioned devices takes a minimum of time and effort.
So, to answer how to connect an “iPhone” to an LG TV (and not only) via AppleTV, you need to do the following:
- Turn on iPhone and connect it to the Internet.
- Connect Apple TV to the same network.
- Connect set-top box to TV via HDMI.
- Turn on the Internet on the TV and set the display in the settings via “Apple TV”.
- Open desired video on mobile.
- Place your finger on the bottom of the display and open the “Control Center”.
- Touch the screen with your finger and move to the left. The menu for selecting AirPlay devices will open.
- Flag AppleTV.
You can close the service and enjoy the video. After the actions taken, the devices will be synchronized and connected to the TV through the previously mentioned set-top box.
Offline and DLNA
Is there a different way to connect the “iPhone” to the TV? Easily. For example, if you want, you can play videos and pictures directly from the iPhone in offline mode. It is proposed to do this using TV with DLNA.
Instructions for connecting to a TV look like this:
- Repeat the first 2 steps from the previous instruction.
- Complete steps 5 and 6 from the previously published guide.
- Click in Twonky Beam on the image with the house.
- Select the document on the device that you want to play or display.
- Confirm actions.
Nothing incomprehensible, difficult, or supernatural. Such actions will help you wirelessly and Wi-Fi connect from an “apple” device to TV.
How to connect an “iPhone” to a TV: instructions
Modern technology can synchronize with each other. For example, TVs can easily connect to the Internet, and you can connect a camera to them. Believe it or not, even telephones can be connected to TV. For example, iPhone. Today we will try to connect the “iPhone” to the TV. There are many solutions to this issue. And each person can decide for himself how to act. The main thing is to get a good TV with certain options.
There is another option. using DLNA standards. Contact is possible via Ethernet cable or wirelessly via Wi-Fi. In 2021, this is the most popular and convenient option for setting up communication between devices for the further reproduction of digital materials. Usage guide:
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
LG TV Plus
LG TV Plus digital TV app makes iphone screen mirroring on LG Smart TV. It is free and available for different phone versions. Operation is simple:
- install the software;
- go through the short registration form;
- go to the TV section;
- put your videos on stream.
How to connect iPhone to LG TV via USB
This debug format requires a USB AV cable. Connect the gadget via a cord, and the search for a connection will happen automatically.
Special programs and other methods
If the classical methods do not suit you, then it is possible to use special players and applications. There are a lot of them in 2021, but they are all similar in functionality.
Analog cable connection
Many older models do not have an HDMI port, so they use an analog cable as the source. Then connect via Bluetooth or access point.
You will not need any special skills, and you will not have to look for masters. Everything is simple and clear if you follow the instructions in order. What to cook for customization:
- stable Internet (better Wi-Fi, to connect both devices to it);
- standard HDMI cable;
- special programs that can be downloaded from Appstore.
How to connect iPhone to LG Smart TV via Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI
How to connect iPhone to LG Smart TV? This topic is relevant, because more and more people are switching from Android to Apple. TV manufacturers take this into account, so the connection is possible. But on the Internet and in manuals, they still give instructions for Android owners by default. In this article, we will look at the features of debugging and all the nuances of the Smart TV and iPhone connection process.
How to broadcast from phone to TV?
How to set up Android screencast
- Make sure your tablet or mobile is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast.
- Launch the Google Home app.
- Select device.
- Tap Cast Screen Cast Screen.
How to Cast Phone Screen to LG TV?
Make sure your phone is running Android 4.2 or newer.Connecting your mobile device to your LG TV is easy:
- Press the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Launch the “Screen Share” application.
- Turn on Miracast or AllShare Cast on your phone.
- Select your TV in the device list.
How to connect iPhone to Smart TV?
How to connect iPhone to TV via AppleTV?
- Make sure Apple TV and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Control Center on iPhone.
- Click on the “Screen Repeat” button.
- Select your Apple TV from the list of output devices.
Is it possible to connect iPhone to TV via USB?
If you connect your iPhone to your TV via USB, the smartphone will not play content, but act as a removable storage device. Depending on the phone model, connect the micro-USB cable and the 30-pin or Lightning connector.
Can I connect to a TV through an iPhone?
Today, the only normal way to display an iPhone on the big screen wirelessly is with the Apple TV. It connects to a TV, monitor or projector via HDMI and can receive images from an iOS device via AirPlay.
How to output image from iPhone to TV via USB?
Can I connect my iPhone to a TV via USB? Perhaps the easiest way to get your iPhone to TV is to use a Lightning to HDMI adapter. It is inappropriate to use a USB adapter to pair your smartphone with a TV, since May 29, 2017.
How to connect phone to LG miracast TV?
Turn on Miracast / Intel WiDi on LG TV
Turn on the TV, and press the SETTINGS button on the remote control to enter the settings. In the settings, go to the Network tab and select Miracast / Intel’s WiDi. Next, turn on Miracast. Just flip the switch to On.
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV via WI-FI?
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV
- Connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi.
- On the remote for TV, press the “Source” button.
- Select “Mirroring”, “Screen mirroring” or similar item from the list.
- Open the switch shade (Control Center) on iPhone.
- Select the Screen Repeat option.
Connect iPhone with USB cable
Yes, there is no way to display graphic files on a TV monitor from an iPhone, but it can be used as a signal source. In this case, you will need to manage the content using the TV interface. New generation TVs are capable of displaying not only all modern and popular file formats, but also commonly used text document formats. This makes it possible to equip the TV into a full-fledged presentation board. Connecting your iPhone to your TV using a USB cable shouldn’t be a problem. Everything is quite simple, connect one end to the port on the iPhone, the other to the TV connector on the panel, signed with the appropriate initials, connection and settings. everything should happen automatically.
Lighting HDMI adapter
This type of cable is distinguished by its qualities of portability and ultra-thin shape, which greatly facilitates work and saves space when connecting. Its peculiarity is its application “on the go”, for example, in a hotel or office. It easily connects to various devices and does not require any configuration. All you need to get started is just plug in the cable.
Due to the widespread use of the cable, it is often asked on search engines how to connect an iPhone to a TV via USB? It is worth answering that, unfortunately, you can connect an iPhone using USB, but it will be used as a storage device.
How to connect iPhone to TV? All ways
Mobile phones of the new generation are becoming more than just a phone for making calls every day. These devices are acquiring new opportunities, such as: the Internet, amazing games that can compete with specialized game consoles, convenient and useful applications, and this is not the whole list of today’s mobile phones. Companies producing these devices are trying to expand the capabilities of their offspring by providing the ability to connect phones with a computer, TV, and other devices. This allows you to quickly and easily play video and photo files on a wide monitor for easier viewing and sharing of other files.
In everyday life, it often happens that the familiar, but small iPhone screen is not enough to show vacation photos to friends or colleagues. This connection has many advantages, but a natural question arises. how to connect an iPhone to a TV, and which of the possible options should you choose? After all, there are several ways to do this, let’s figure it out.
Connect via HDMI
This method is by far the most popular and it is not without reason. Connecting iPhone via HDMI adapter got its fame due to the high speed of data exchange between two devices in digital form. This connector can be found on most popular electronic devices. The cable provides the exchange of files of various formats and this is its well-deserved advantage. In order to combine an iPhone with a TV, you need HDMI ports in the devices, they are of two types. micro HDMI and mini HDMI. It is possible to determine whether a device has a corresponding port visually, the port is usually signed, or using the instruction.
You can create a connection between the TV and iPhone by following these steps: both devices must be connected to the network, we connect them using an HDMI cable. If no errors occurred, in 99 cases out of 100, the connection of both devices should be configured automatically. Upon successful completion of this action, the mirroring function will start, which will display all the actions of the iPhone screen on the TV monitor.
If the automatic configuration did not work, in this case you will have to create it manually. You need to go to the settings of both devices, on the TV you need to select the signal source. HDMI. over, if there are several ports on the TV panel, then you need to look in the instructions for the number of the person involved and specify it in the settings. On iPhone, you need to set data transfer via HDMI in the settings. If everything is done correctly, you should see the active iPhone screen on your TV monitor. If the device does not have a micro-HDMI port, use a special micro-USB to HDMI adapter, which will allow you to connect via an inaccessible interface.
Another good question is can I connect my iPhone to my TV wirelessly? If you plan to connect often at home, then it is recommended to use a special device that expands the capabilities of all home devices. this is Apple TV. It will allow:
- Apply a very convenient and new AirPlay function, which will allow you to play videos, music, display photos and other graphic files without the need to copy them to your computer’s hard drive or other similar devices;
- Control the functions of the TV without restricting the movement of cables;
- Run video files that are on your computer, cloud storage or local file.
As for the question of how to connect an iPhone to a TV via WI-FI, there is a special Apple TV set-top box for this, which receives a signal from the AirPlay function, and is also a bridge for all Apple devices and simple TVs. This device connects to the TV via an HDMI cable and connects to the existing WI-FI network. The first setting takes some time, but the subsequent ones take place in two movements.
- Check the device connected to the Wi-Fi module, the set-top box and iPhone should be in the list;
- Play any file on an “apple” smartphone. photo, video, to see the display on the screen;
- Swipe up from the bottom to open Control Center and press AirPlay with Apple TV selected.
Samsung offers iPhone users to connect quickly and easily with AllShare. Samsung TVs often already have a built-in WI-FI module, which makes it easier to connect devices to the network. You need to combine both devices in your home Wi-Fi network and connect the AllShare function.
It also happens that the TV does not have new functions and interfaces that are built into modern devices, such as: HDMI, WI-FI, etc. In this case, the iPhone 5 can be connected using a cable to an analog connector, you need to choose the right cable for this. Component or composite AV cable is also suitable for iPhone 6 mobile device.
In this article, you learned how to connect iPhone to TV in various ways. Which one is right for your case is up to you.
iPhone Fell into Water, No Sound: First Aid and Troubleshooting
Apple TV: Connect iPhone to TV at Home
If you intend to connect your phone at home, then we recommend that you choose Apple TV, a special set-top box from Apple that significantly expands the multimedia capabilities of all your devices. Apple TV lets you:
- Control the process of controlling the TV wirelessly, without limiting yourself to a short HDMI cable;
- Play media files stored on your computer, local file storage or from the Internet (after installing special software);
- Use the AirPlay function, which realizes the broadcast of photos and videos directly from your devices without the need to copy to a computer or other stationary storage.
Apple TV receives signals from AirPlay and acts as a bridge between mobile i-devices connected to this technology and a regular TV. The media player itself is connected to the TV using an HDMI cable and connects to the existing Wi-Fi network. Its initial setup takes about 10 minutes, and after that iPhone can connect to Apple TV in no time.
- Make sure iPhone and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Start playing any audio or video content on iPhone.
- Open the control center (slide your finger across the display from bottom to top);
- Click “AirPlay” and select “Apple TV”.
- The video from the iPhone screen will be transferred to the TV screen.
Alternatively, you can use AirPlay Mirroring to display an exact 1: 1 copy of your iPhone display on a large screen. By choosing this option, Honor follows that it is not suitable for iPhones below the fourth model, and also incompatible with the first generation of Apple TV media players.
How to turn off the TV on the iPhone looked at social. networks vidyuhi and now he writes that connecting the TV how to disconnect.
How did you watch TV on iPhone? Through the app? Which one exactly?
Hello! You can watch that on iPhone if you are a client of any Internet TV provider. Download the supplier’s application and fill in the username and password from the TV set-top box. Voila, watch the channels for which you paid the supplier. (You can take the username and password from a friend from his set-top box and use it yourself )
Or you can watch video from iPhone on TV via WI-FI Apple router?
AV cable connection
If your TV doesn’t have an HDMI jack, the analog jack comes in handy. Depending on the iPhone model, you just need to choose the right cable.
For 3G / 4 / 4s devices, a composite or component (if there is an appropriate connector) AV cable is suitable, and for newer gadgets you can use the Lighting VGA adapter.
The connection sequence is the same, the iPhone must also detect the TV and output the content being played to it.
Advantages and disadvantages of the option
The multiplayer version has some advantages over the first options, namely:
- the best value for money;
- connecting any iDevices;
- image management without leaving the couch;
- access (using native apps) to the media library even without turning on the iPhone.
In the near future, users will find other options. Among her disadvantages:
- high price (Lighting adapter is cheaper);
- lack of portability (recommendation for use only at home);
- constant need for high-speed Internet (cable video communication is more stable).
Finally, we bring to your attention a couple of videos with a visual demonstration of the connection process:
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, but there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Download the file on the iPhone using the link
Connecting iPhone to TV: Overview of Methods
There are many situations where the familiar but small iPhone screen just isn’t enough. For example, we want to showcase our photos to friends, enjoy a movie in full, or present slides of a presentation to our colleagues. If there is a TV with a large diagonal nearby, we can easily use it for these purposes.
There are the following types of connections between iPhone and TV: wired (using an HDMI cable) and wireless (with Apple TV and Wi-Fi). The choice of the algorithm of actions depends on the preferences of the user, his budget, as well as device models.
Four Ways to Connect IPhone to TV
Smartphones are no longer a luxury, but an essential attribute for both students and employees of various companies. New generation phones have excellent technical characteristics: large memory capacity, wide multimedia capabilities, high screen resolution. One of the notable features is the synchronization of gadgets with TVs, which allows you to display various files on a wide screen, for example, videos from the Iphone. Let’s consider the main ways of connecting an “apple” smartphone. iPhone. to a TV.
The WI-FI module built into the Smart TV will allow you to connect without using wires and additional devices. This is by far the most convenient method of syncing and transferring information from one device to another.
Proprietary AirPlay streaming video technology
Smart TV manufacturers take into account the desire of mobile device owners to watch streaming video. Models from brands such as Samsung and Philips are equipped with AirPlay support directly from the factory via built-in software: MirrorCast and AirScreen, respectively. This approach determines the stable operation of the communication channel and the optimal stream transmission speed. To use AirPlay technology on Smart-TVs of other brands, you need to look for suitable third-party software
Important! To connect the iPhone to the TV “over the air”, it is necessary that the devices work in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the desired application on the TV. If the program provides a synchronization option, activate the mode.
- On iPhone, enter the Home app, and wait for the gadget to detect TV as an external display.
- Register the found device in the app.
The AirPlay pairing protocol provides the following:
- high quality streaming video transmission;
- duplicating iPhone images on the TV screen;
- desktop extension.
Using other connectors
How to connect an iPhone to a TV if the latter does not have an HDMI jack? In such a situation, you can use the composite input, but since a direct connection is not possible, you will need the same Digital AV Adapter. over, through the adapter it is possible to synchronize equipment even using a VGA cable, but the sound will need to be output separately.
In general, it can be easily connected using a variety of wires and special adapters. Apple’s “USB AV” composite cable is suitable for 3G / 3GS / 4 series phones and plugs into the RCA jack. All plugs are color coded to eliminate confusion during the connection process.
IPhone 4 / 4S requires purchase of Apple’s Component AV HDTV AV Cable. 5th generation devices are connected via VGA Lightning adapter.
How to connect iphone to TV using AV cable:
- disable the connected equipment;
- connect each plug to its corresponding output;
- when connecting via a vga cable, output the audio separately with a cable for acoustics or through a lightning connector;
- 5 or 4s series phones duplicate content on the display, but 3g or 4 display programs;
- USB connector is used to charge iPhone during playback.
You can also connect an Apple gadget to the panel through a multi-component high-definition interface: in modern TV models, there is at least one such connector. HDMI. To connect the plug to your smartphone, you need a special adapter from Apple.
For phones of series 4, this is Digital AV Adapter, and for devices 5, 5s / c, digital AV-Adapter Lightning is suitable.
Further, the synchronization process is quite simple: devices are turned off, cables are connected to the TV panel and to the phone via the Lightning connector. If the phone does not have a micro-HDMI jack, it is permissible to use a micro-USB-HDMI signal converter. After turning on the devices, the necessary settings are made automatically, but in case of an error, this will have to be done manually. To do this, activate “HDMI” as a signal source on each device. If the synchronization is successful, the picture from the smartphone will be displayed on the TV screen.
Features of pairing iPhone with TVs of various brands
Companies use a variety of technologies to communicate wirelessly with other devices in the manufacture of televisions. Some manufacturers can endow their models with proprietary software solutions, like the aforementioned Samsung and Philips for using AirPlay. LG TVs come with Smart Share app for DLNA networks.
Smart Share App for LG TVs
Other brands may not offer proprietary software. For Smart TV, the iPhone owner will have to select the right third-party product.
Advice! For smart TVs running Android OS, you can try BubblePnP utility with DNLA pairing support.
Conventional TVs supporting DNLA standard can be connected to iPhone via AppleTV set-top box.
Connection via AppleTV set-top box
The branded Smart-set-top box AppleTV will allow you to connect your iPhone wirelessly to a regular TV. The device takes on the role of an intermediary, since it is equipped with support for the proprietary protocol for exchanging data “over the air” AirPlay. In such a wireless pairing, the set-top box receives video streams from the iPhone, and it redirects the broadcast to the TV connected to it via the cable interface.
For the first pairing of an iPhone with a TV in tandem with an AppleTV, the following manipulations are required.
- The AppleTV set-top box must be physically connected to the TV with the appropriate interface.
- The iPhone must have the STB management utility installed.
- To establish pairing, the application starts the “Screen Repeat” mode.
- The smartphone starts looking for a set-top box working in the home Wi-Fi network.
- When the device is found, you should click on the name and in the opened connection confirmation window enter the code displayed on the TV-screen.
Important! In further communication sessions, device synchronization will be established automatically.