This method is only suitable for viewing photos and images, as well as videos that are stored in the Files menu on your phone. In this case, the phone will act as a storage disk and there will be no screen mirroring. To connect, just connect the cable from the iPhone to the Lightning connector of the phone and to the USB port on the TV.
Before connecting the device, it is better to disconnect.
How can I output video from the iPhone in this case and is it possible to watch a movie?
Jailbreak significantly expands the functionality of iPhones, but a device with such plugins is not subject to warranty service and cannot be updated to a new version.
Broadcasting from the phone can be carried out in automatic and manual mode.
In the first case, this is done as follows:
- Connect the TV device and the phone to the same WI-FI network;
- Open YouTube app on TV;
- Synchronization should be done automatically;
- In order to start broadcasting, you need to select “Screen”. “Broadcast” in the phone settings;
- From the list you need to select the device to which the transfer will be performed.
If the transfer does not work, then you can check the Internet connection settings or try to connect manually:
- You need to launch the YouTube application on your TV and go to “Settings”;
- Find the item “Connect the TV to the phone”;
- Check “Manual” on the page;
- Open the YouTube application on the iPhone and also go to “Settings”;
- Select “View on TV” and enter the code that appears on the TV screen;
- After that, the phone display should be duplicated on the TV.
You can also go from your phone to the link: https://www.YouTube.com/TV.
And the connection is performed in the same way as in the application.
Wireless via DLNA
DLNA technology allows compatible devices to share a variety of content over your home network. If we translate the decryption of the abbreviation DLNA, we get the “digital home network alliance”. Connecting devices using this technology can be both wired (ethernet) and wireless (WI-FI).
How to transfer video from iPhone to TV using this technology. To transfer files to TV, consider the wireless method. To do this, we need a WI-FI network, to which it will be possible to connect both the TV and the iPhone.
For LG TV equipment, you will need to install the Smart Share program, and for Samsung. AllShare, for other models you also need to find out which software is suitable for these purposes.
For iPhone, you can download Twonky Beam. The app is free. It has a number of built-in services, with the help of which it is immediately possible to display the image on the TV. Including a built-in browser. When the application starts, you need to determine the device through which the file will be played.
There are also applications such as iMediaShare, TV Assist, Belkin MediaPlay. The principle of their work is similar.
If you plan to frequently use data transfer to TV, then it is better to download a paid program once to ensure full functionality and no advertising. When you start the application, you will need to select a TV from the list and you can start transferring content.
If the TV does not have a WI-FI module or it is not compatible with iPhone applications, you can use a transmitter that connects to the TV device via HDMI input, and receives a signal from the phone wirelessly.
You can install the AirBEAM TV app on your TV and transfer data by enabling AirPlay on your iPhone. But this software is not suitable for all TVs, so first you need to use the trial version (since the application is paid) to check compatibility with your TV.
For example, consider how to use the connection option for a Samsung TV.
- Turn on TV and connect to home network WI-FI.
- On iPhone, launch AirPlay and select a TV from the resulting list of devices.
- Now the phone screen will be mirrored on the TV.
- Except in rare cases, no additional equipment is required;
- Need special applications to connect both devices;
- The data transfer speed may not be too high due to the limited bandwidth (this applies to the wireless connection);
- The emergence of new video formats may not be readable on TV.
Another option is to use Wi-Fi Direct technology. In this case, the transfer will be carried out directly from one device to another without using a router.
In order to use Wi-Fi Direct technology, both TV and mobile devices must support it.
- On the iPhone, find the menu “Wireless networks and connections”. “Wi-Fi Direct.” “Activate”;
- Find “Network”. “Wi-Fi Direct” on the TV equipment;
- Select your iPhone from the list and send a connection request.
6 Ways to Watch iPhone Videos on TV
The development of technology does not stand still. When the operating system began to appear on TVs, it significantly expanded the list of capabilities of this device. In addition to going online, downloading applications, installing games for TV, it became possible to synchronize TVs with their mobile devices. Now, from the TV screen, you can view photos and listen to music that is on your smartphone or tablet, which is much more comfortable to do on a large screen.
Let’s take a look at exactly how you can watch iPhone videos on TV.
Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
You can transmit information to television wirelessly and wired, using special applications and additional devices and set-top boxes.
Since video from iPhone on TV can be watched using several options. Let us dwell in more detail on each of the methods and determine their advantages and disadvantages.
Via Chromecast media player
This device is manufactured by Google. It is designed for streaming media content, but unlike the Apple TV set-top box, it does not have such a set of features. Chromecast is a small gadget, similar to a USB flash drive, which is inserted into the HDMI connector, and transfers from mobile devices via WI-FI.
To transfer images or to view something from iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Download the Google Home app (compatible version of the operating system. iOS 9.1) or Chromecast to your phone.
- You must have a Google account, an HDMI port on your TV and a secure home WI-FI network.
- In the software downloaded to the phone, you need to connect to the Chromecast option and to the WI-FI network.
It should be noted that not all Internet resources will be available in this way. Compatible, for example, are Play Movies and Music, YouTube.
In this case, the screen is not duplicated, but simply the phone sends requests, what and how to search, and the content is downloaded from the Internet.
Photo Cast transfers pictures, photos and videos from gallery to TV well, but for Full HD quality you need a paid version.
But in general, there are still many drawbacks: the connection may be interrupted or data may be transmitted with a delay. And the biggest disadvantage is that there are too few resources from which you can view content.
Using an Apple TV box
Apple TV is a device designed to transfer data to the TV screen from Internet services, iTunes, any Apple devices: players, computers, smartphones and tablets.
Apple TV provides access to all kinds of video and audio resources, and if you do not have a Smart TV, then it will give it the functionality of such.
This set-top box is a small device that transmits data in streaming mode, that is, it does not store it. Can play HD and Full HD without lag and with multi-channel audio.
Connects Apple TV to TV via HDMI or analog connector.
AirPlay is a technology developed by Apple for wirelessly streaming media content between devices that are compatible with this technology.
After connecting the Apple TV set-top box, you need to connect all devices to the WI-FI network and turn on the AirPlay option on the iPhone.
You can enable Screen Mirroring on iPhone to mirror your phone screen on TV.
How To Watch Live Tv On iPhone Free! Legal! Sports And TV Live On Your Device! iOS 12 TechnoTrend
But if you do not have an Apple TV set-top box, and you do not want to purchase it (and its cost is rather big), then the question arises whether it is possible to use AirPlay without an Apple TV device.
For displaying on the computer screen, there are programs (at the moment AirServer and Reflector are considered the best) that can replace Apple TV. And dr.fone for IOS, which, among other functions, has the ability to repeat the screen of a mobile device on a monitor.
But in order to play content on a TV without an Apple TV, you need to look for alternative ways. In particular, by installing the iMediaShare application, but this already applies to DLNA technology. Although the application may well replace the purchase of an Apple set-top box.
In addition, analogues of the Apple TV device appear on the market, for example, the BSPW-100U adapter (universal wireless dongle). It supports AirPlay, but you can broadcast through it not only from the iPhone, but also from devices with other operating systems.
HDMI, or composite connector
Any modern TV has one or more HDMI ports. This technology allows you to transfer high quality video data at high speed.
It is possible to display the image from the iPhone by directly connecting the cable between the phone and the HDMI TV port. At the same time, it is even possible to show videos in high quality without delay. And it is available for all Smart TVs and regular TVs with the corresponding connector regardless of the model: LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.
There is no need to install additional software, but you need to connect the Apple Lightning port (or for earlier models. 30-pin) and HDMI / VGA. But, accordingly, you need to purchase an Apple AV cable and Lightning Digital AV adapter.
- Devices are disconnected;
- We connect the cable to the HDMI port on the TV, and the other to the AV adapter;
- We connect the adapter to the iPhone;
- Now you need to turn on both devices;
- After switching on, the desired connection should appear automatically.
If the automatic installation did not occur, then manually it is done like this. On the iPhone, in the settings, activate the transmission via HDMI, and on the TV, select the HDMI signal as the source, which is involved (if there are several ports)
Of the shortcomings, it can be noted that a special wire and adapter are needed to connect, fortunately, the market offers many different options. And the presence of a wire reduces the comfort of use in this way.
If there is no way to connect to HDMI, you can use the composite connector (otherwise called “tulip”) and Apple’s Lightning VGA adapter. This option is suitable if the TV has an analog input.
- Connect adapter to iPhone.
- Connect the cable to the TV (each plug must be inserted into the corresponding jack). In the VGA cable, the audio input is connected separately.
- After connecting the devices, the settings should be loaded automatically. If this does not happen, you will need to perform a manual configuration.
- Turn on the TV to the required input signal. To do this, in the TV settings, the iPhone is selected as the signal source.
- You can now play videos on your phone. over, on earlier iPhone models, only programs that play media content will be displayed, and in later models, the screen will be duplicated.
Composite and 30-pin connector does not support Full HD data transmission
How to connect your phone to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
A wireless connection, in which a mobile device and a compatible TV are connected directly via Wi-Fi, without the need for a router. TV in this case acts as an access point to which the smartphone is connected. And you can transfer media files to the big screen using the standard Send menu.
What to do
- Open the network settings on the TV and turn on the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings → Wireless & networks → Wi-Fi → Wi-Fi Direct.
- After scanning for available devices, select your TV.
- Use the “Send” menu on your smartphone to transfer photos, videos and audio to TV.
7 ways to connect your phone to your TV
USB, HDMI, Wi-Fi. choose what you like best and watch content on the big screen.
What to do
- Connect your smartphone and TV with a compatible cable. If you are using an adapter, insert it into the gadget and connect a regular HDMI cable from the TV to it.
- Select the appropriate HDMI connector as the signal source on the TV.
- The image will automatically appear on the TV. If this does not happen, open the smartphone settings and change the screen resolution.
How to connect your phone to a TV via USB
The easiest way to connect, allowing you to use your mobile device as a flash drive. True, only media files stored in the phone’s memory can be played back: photo, video and audio.
How to connect your phone to a TV via HDMI
- Suitable phone: Android smartphone, iPhone.
- Which TV is Right: Any with HDMI.
- What else you need: a phone-compatible HDMI cable or adapter.
This option allows you to use the TV as an external display while playing games, watching movies and surfing the Internet. The picture from the mobile device is mirrored, that is, everything that happens on the smartphone screen is displayed on the TV.
Depending on the phone connector, you will need an appropriate adapter or cable to connect. On the one hand, it will have an HDMI connector, and on the other, microUSB, Lightning or USB-C. In the mode of broadcasting the image, the device is quickly discharged, so usually adapters have a connector for charging.
Before purchasing a USB-C adapter, please make sure your smartphone supports video output.
What to do
Connect your TV to your phone using a USB cable.
Select the USB port as the source on the TV.
If necessary, confirm the connection mode on the phone.
The large screen will display the folder structure or list of files that the TV has scanned and recognized. Exactly what you see will depend on the device model.
Use the remote to navigate and view.
How to connect phone to TV via DLNA
This time the connection goes through a router. In this case, the TV can be connected to the home network with a cable, and the smartphone can be connected via Wi-Fi.
How to Connect iPhone to TV Screen Mirror! (2020)
DLNA capabilities allow you to view media files from your mobile device on a large screen.
How to watch a movie from your phone on TV
In today’s article, we’ll show you how to watch a movie from your phone on your TV. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with several options for connecting an Android device to a TV: using various types of cables, wireless connection and specially developed programs.
On modern models of smartphones with the Android operating system, you can download a lot of different information: photos, videos, games. Unfortunately, examination of small details is extremely inconvenient on the phone due to the small diagonal of its display. You will not enjoy watching a colorful movie if you decide to enable it on your phone. Sometimes you want to share bright photos taken with high resolution, but the technical capabilities of the smartphone are limited.
All methods can be conditionally divided into several groups:
- Wired connection (USB, HDMI and Mobile High-Definition Link cables)
- Wireless connection (built-in smartphone capability, web-downloaded broadcast software)
Next, read the detailed instructions for connecting a smartphone to a TV.
We use a Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) cable to connect a smartphone to a TV
Most phones currently support Mobile High-Definition Link wire connectivity. The principle itself is similar to the methods described above, but there is a definite advantage. Using a cable allows you not only to broadcast the picture from the gadget to the TV in FullHD format, but also to simultaneously recharge the smartphone. This eliminates the need for a charger. MHL cable combines the function of HDMI cable and micro USB.
How to watch a movie from your phone on TV: use a USB cable
The easiest and most affordable way: connect via USB cable. You need to connect your phone and TV with a USB cable. In the smartphone settings, select the activation of USB debugging. After that, select “connect as a drive” as shown in the screenshot below. After that, the TV will independently detect the smartphone as an external storage device and display all the data from the phone, it will be possible to manage the internal memory of the smartphone. Now you can select the desired file and run it. In this method, the smartphone is used as a regular flash drive.
Using an HDMI cable
The method is based on duplicating the phone display on the TV screen. Smartphone and TV are connected by HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) cable. The disadvantage of this method is that the phone will quickly lose its charge during this operation. We advise you to connect the smartphone charger at the same time. The presence of a docking station will also solve the problem with a lot of wires or the inconvenience of simultaneous charging.
In addition to connecting directly via a cable, you can use wireless methods, for example, various applications. A prerequisite is the presence of a Wi-Fi network.
This method requires the version of the Android operating system not older than 4.4. Although no older models are currently being produced.
To interrupt the work, you need to select “Screen and sound broadcast” and then turn off.
The application has many different functions and an accessible interface. Outwardly, Vget looks like a simple internet browser. In the search bar, enter the name of the site for watching movies, launch the selected movie. In the window that appears on the phone screen, select DLNA and TV model from the list provided. The broadcast is started via the Play button. The process will be displayed on the smartphone display and at the same time on the TV screen via DLNA.
The main advantage of using Vget is the ability to work on a smartphone and while streaming. You can even turn off your phone. TV will not stop playing video.
No software and cables
The display broadcast function is already most often laid down by the developer of modern smartphones. Each manufacturer calls this feature differently. For example, Screen Mirroring is a feature on Samsung devices. The principle of operation is to transfer the image from the phone screen to the TV via Wi-Fi. The obvious advantage is that there is no need for a wired connection. The disadvantage is the possibility of interrupting the connection, as well as delays in the picture or audio. Important criteria are the quality of the WI-FI module on the TV, the speed of information transmission and the power of the phone.
As an example, we offer a Samsung smartphone.
- In the phone menu, you need to find the item with connections and select “Other networks”. Among them is the Screen Mirroring function. On the TV itself, you must activate the picture broadcast function.
- An inscription with the TV model should appear on the smartphone. Click on the title. Connection can be made in a few minutes.
- The connection is complete. The picture on the phone and TV is the same. Using this function, you can not only watch videos, images, but also run games installed on your smartphone.
We’ve covered five different ways to watch a movie from your phone on TV. Each method has a number of advantages and disadvantages. Check out each of them and choose the most convenient and suitable for your specific situation. Progress does not stand still, programmers are developing the latest ways of transferring information. Perhaps, in the near future, we will be offered new possibilities for connecting a smartphone and a TV. One thing will remain unchanged: the ability to broadcast the phone display allows you to watch movies or photos not on a small smartphone screen, but on a large TV screen. Leave comments on the article if you have questions.
Connecting using an HDMI cable or composite connector
All Apple products are equipped with a proprietary Lightning connector. It can be easily synced to your TV via HDMI or VGA port. All you need to connect is an Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable, or a Lightning to VGA adapter and a composite cinch wire on the other end.
Using an HDMI cable allows you to create a connection directly, which has a very positive effect on the quality of multimedia content transmission. Therefore, you can watch presentations and videos in HD quality with a resolution of up to 1080p on the big screen, as well as go to Internet sites and play games.
The connection process is quite simple: you just need to insert the adapter into the smartphone (by the way, it is ideal for the tablet of the same company), and the cable into the corresponding connectors on the adapter and the TV. Select the required signal mode using the remote control, and that’s it! You do not need to configure or download anything, because the desired picture will appear on the screen immediately. Read also, the reasons why the computer does not see TV through an HDMI cable.
Chromecast media player
The world’s leading search engine, Google, has released a product that compensates for the lack of Wi-Fi technology in TVs. Similar to a large flash drive, the device plugs into the HDMI jack on the TV panel, connects to your home network, and functions as a missing module. In addition, it offers several popular Internet services, so it may well be regarded as a multifunctional device, which brings it closer to Apple TV. Having similar functions, it costs several times cheaper. only 2000 rubles. To connect iPhone to a TV using it, you need to follow the same steps as when setting up a DLNA connection. Read also how to connect your tablet to your TV.
How to watch videos from YouTube, TV, iPhone
Most Smart TVs already have a built-in YouTube portal application. But if there is no such application or it does not function. In such situations, the user can watch videos from this site using the iPhone.
To do this, just download the YouTube application to your phone and click a special button in the upper corner.
After that, the video of the site will begin to be broadcast on TV.
A prerequisite for the application to work is that the TV panel must support DLNA, and all equipment must work on the same network. Read also how to make a full-fledged TV from a computer monitor.
This option is only suitable for owners of TVs equipped with Wi-Fi technology. Otherwise, you will need to purchase an additional adapter.
Basic rules for wireless connection:
- TV equipped with Wi-Fi option;
- iPhone and TV panel must be connected to the same router;
After this action, the user will be able to broadcast not only files from the phone’s memory, but also directly from the browser online. Read also how to choose a TV adapter.
Can I watch videos from iPhone on TV
There are 4 main options for how to display video from iPhone on the TV screen, we will consider each in more detail.
Apple TV box
Apple TV is a multifunctional device when connected, which you can:
- play phone games on the TV screen;
- view various files from iPhone (photo, video) on TV;
- renting films;
Instructions on how to stream video using Apple TV:
- Connect all appliances to a wireless network.
- Launch the AirPlay option on the iphone.
- Enable broadcast on the set-top box.
Obviously, given such opportunities, it would be strange to buy an Apple TV just for the sake of transferring images from the phone’s display to the big screen, especially considering the cost of this equipment (11,490 rubles and 15,490 rubles. with a 32 GB and 64 GB drive, respectively). This method is perfect for those who already have it.
The same method is used to transfer the image from the iphone and other digital content. Also read, ways to connect Xbox to TV.
IPhone to TV Connection Options
You can synchronize equipment in the following ways:
- The HDMI cable or composite connector is the simplest method for transferring content to your TV. Suitable for models that do not support wireless connection.
- Apple TV set-top box. with this device, even a screen that is not equipped with Smart TV technology becomes a full-fledged media system.
- Wireless DLNA connection. if the TV panel supports Wi-Fi, then you can synchronize equipment even without additional equipment. The user will just need to download a special program on the iphone and connect to the TV panel.
- Google Chromecast media player. with this gadget you can cast videos from your iphone to your TV. IPad owners can also connect.