The Enigma license is paid (from 3 to 11 thousand rubles), and in the free version there is a limit on the number of letters that you can return with its help. The interface is in English. There is support for the Russian language.
To get lost SMS messages back, follow these steps:
- Download, go through the installation and run the software on your PC.
- Unlock iPhone screen and connect it to computer via USB cable.
- In the window that appears, check the “Messages” item, click on “Start Scanning”.
- After the end of the search, messages and their text will be displayed on the screen. Mark important SMS messages and click on “Export and Restore”.
The program can return other deleted information. calls, notes, and so on.
FoneLab for iOS
The trial version of this program, with some restrictions on the number of SMS messages that can be returned, is distributed free of charge. The application license costs 56 (at the time of this writing, there is a discount, without it the cost is 80). Compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. Application menu in English.
Instructions for using FoneLab for iOS:
- After installing the program, open it on your PC.
- Unlock iPhone and Pair it with Computer.
- Select recovery option.
- Leave a check mark only on the “Messages” item (it can be removed from the rest) and click on “Recover”.
In addition to correspondence, other necessary information (for example, reminders or notes) can be stored in the cache of your mobile phone. The utility allows you to restore it.
Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery (Tenorshare UltData)
You can download a trial version of the utility for free and use it to return a small amount of deleted SMS. But for a license you will have to pay from 3 to 4 thousand rubles. Application interface in Russian.
- Download, install and run the application on your PC.
- Unlock iPhone (unlock display) and connect it to computer via USB cable.
- Open the “Recover from iOS device” section, Leave a check mark on the “Messages Attachments” section, left-click on “Scan”.
- Mark important SMS and then “Recover”.
- Specify the location for saving emails. iPhone (they will be available again in iMessage) or PC.
This program will also help you recover call history or other important lost data.
SMS recovery procedure
Instructions on how to recover SMS using cloud storage:
- Open “Settings” on your phone.
- Go to the “General” section.
- Select the item “Reset settings”.
- Click on “Erase content and settings”, the mobile phone memory will be cleared.
- Enter the pincode from your iPhone.
- After restarting the gadget, you need to configure it again. Stop when “Programs and Data” appears. Select “Recover from iCloud Copy”.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID, select the backup you want, and wait until it finishes installing.
By following these steps, you will be able to read your SMS again.
Recover SMS messages via iTunes
Returning SMS messages from iTunes is possible only if you have previously taken care of creating a backup of the phone on your PC. If the backup was made at a time when the SMS has already arrived on your device, then it will not be difficult to return it (and other data. for example, an important note). In order for iTunes to regularly create backups when you connect your gadget to a computer, you need to enable automatic copying (this feature is available on all versions of IOS, including IOS 13).
How to recover deleted SMS on iPhone via iTunes backup:
- Connect powered Apple iPhone to PC (pre-running) via Lightning-USB cable and enter iTunes on PC.
- An image of a mobile device will appear in the upper left corner of the screen, left-click on it.
- Go to the “Browse” tab, left-click on the item “Recover from a copy”.
- Then mark the required backup in the list and click on “Restore”.
Recover Deleted SMS on iPhone: 10 Working Ways
Many Apple technology users have faced the problem of the disappearance of SMS on a mobile phone. If you are wondering how to recover deleted SMS on iPhone, then you should read this article.
Recovery through third-party programs on a computer
If the copy was not created at the right time, then there is no point in trying to recover emails through iTunes or the cloud. But all is not lost. third-party software can help you. Its principle of operation is different from creating a backup. These programs find traces of missing SMS messages in the cache and SIM card. Therefore, for the successful return of correspondence, the following conditions must be met:
- after deleting incoming SMS messages, the phone cannot be turned off or rebooted;
- letters were recently erased.
on how to recover deleted messages from iPhone with the most effective SMS recovery utilities.
Checking for a backup copy of messages
You can find erased letters in the backup of your mobile phone, which, in turn, is uploaded to the cloud data storage. Before restoring iPhone using a backup, you need to check its existence. Go to the “Settings” menu, tap on your name and select the “iCloud” line. Here you will be able to see the words “Create backup” and “Latest copy”. Make sure that the last backup was made before deleting the SMS message from the gadget.
We recommend that you regularly back up your device to iTunes for better safety. Even if your iPhone is stolen or lost, our software can extract and restore your data from the latest iTunes backup. If you have any questions or need help, we are happy to help 24/7. On our help page you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions, as well as our contact information.
Step 1. Launching Enigma Recovery ™
After downloading, installing and activating the Enigma Recovery ™ program, launch it and connect your iPhone to your computer. Then click “Recover from iOS Device”
Step 4. Your Database
Then you should see the main page of Enigma Recovery ™ showing all the data from your iPhone. To view deleted messages and iMessages, select the “Messages” tab on the main panel,
Step 5. Viewing Deleted Messages
The main window of the program should now display all messages, both saved in the device’s memory and deleted. To view only deleted messages, switch the “Show only deleted data” button to “On”. Now you can recover deleted messages back to your device or export information to your computer in Excel, CSV and XML formats.
To export messages, select the messages you want to save. Click “Export” and select “Export only ticked data”. If you want to save all the information without selecting individual messages, then click “Export” while in the Messages tab, and then select “Export all data from the current tab”.
Recover Deleted Messages from Your iPhone
Most iPhone users believe that once a message is deleted, there is no way to get it back. In fact, it is already possible. Deleted SMS messages can be retrieved from iPhone backup and even restored back to phone. However, not all recovery methods are completely safe for your device.
Some may cause even more information to be deleted from the iPhone. Fortunately, there is a safe and proven way to recover deleted SMS messages that will not cause any damage to your iPhone and the information on it. Introducing Enigma Recovery ™ software that works with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch devices and iTunes backups to recover lost, deleted and hidden information. Also, our new application allows you to return all recovered information back to your Apple device.!
Instructions for recovering deleted SMS messages on iPhone
You will need:
- Your iPhone
- USB cable for iPhone
- Computer with the latest version of iTunes
- Free or full version of Enigma Recovery ™ (select the version that matches your operating system)
Regular SMS and iMessage
You can distinguish an SMS message from an iMessage by its color. Regular SMS messages on iPhone are shown with a green background. These are messages that travel through cell towers, just like calls. iMessage is highlighted in blue. Wi-Fi or 3G / 4G internet connection is used for iMessage transmission. IMessage can be sent exclusively between iOS devices.
Despite these differences, both types of messages are deleted in exactly the same way. From our own experience, we were convinced that the annoyance of an accidentally deleted iMessage is absolutely the same as from deleting a regular SMS!
How to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone
During the work with the iPhone, and with any other device, a large amount of information is accumulated in messages, both at work and simply from friends, relatives and acquaintances. But sometimes all this storehouse accumulated over the years suddenly disappears somewhere, and the user in a panic begins to call service centers and other offices to restore messages to him, because his whole life is there! Common situation? However, it is not necessary to contact any service if you have lost messages on your phone. There are several recovery methods, which we will talk about in this article.
The main advantage of this program is the support of the Russian language. If you do not know English, then this option will come in handy for you. With the help of this utility, you can not only restore data from the device, but also from iTunes, iCloud backups, even if you could not complete the procedure through standard Apple tools.
- To recover messages, download the program and install it on your computer;
- Connect iPhone via USB cable and be sure to unlock it, otherwise you will see a notification like in the screenshot below;
- Confirm on your phone that you trust this computer and wait while the system scans your device and determines what can be restored;
- Upon completion of scanning, go to the “Messages” section and select those SMS that you need to recover. Those SMS that have been deleted will be marked in red with a trash can icon;
- As soon as you confirm the operation, the program will automatically restore the messages and re-enter them into the memory of your device.
Attention! Enigma Recovery is a paid product, and only a limited number of recoverable records are available in the free mode. The full version will cost you from 2999 to 10999 rubles, depending on the number of devices. The minimum version is usually enough to use all the features of the program.
Recover messages on iPhone using programs
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to make a backup on time, especially if iCloud was disabled or there was no Internet access for a long time. In this case, standard SMS recovery methods will not help in any way. But there are special programs from third-party developers, with which you can recover messages in a few steps.
Recover messages via iTunes
This method also implies restoring messages from a backup that was created through iTunes on your computer. When you connect the device to a PC, iTunes starts, in which you can create backups in a few clicks. over, in the future, you yourself will be able to choose the exact number for which you need to restore the data. The whole process is carried out like this:
- Connect iPhone to your PC via USB cable and open iTunes;
- In the program window, click on the icon of your smartphone and in the “Browse” tab, click on the “Restore from a copy” item;
- Select the backup from which you want to restore data and confirm the operation. The system will automatically copy all the data that was saved at that time, including messages.
Attention! For iTunes to automatically create backups when the iPhone is connected, we recommend that you tick the box next to “Automatically create copies”.
Primo iPhone Data Recovery
This is a universal program with which you can recover data from backups created in iTunes or iCloud, as well as deleted files from your device. over, this application often helps users if iTunes cannot “pull” data from the copy and restore it correctly. The whole process comes down to several steps:
- Download and install the application on your computer and connect the device from which you need to recover messages via a USB cable;
- Open the program and in the first window click the Next button to start the scanning process;
- Once the scan is complete, the system will display a list of possible files to recover. They are all divided into categories. We are interested in the Messages tab;
- Select the necessary messages with checkmarks and click Recover;
- As a result, you will receive a complete copy of the SMS, which will be restored on your smartphone.
Another plus of this software is that you can easily log into your iCloud through the program window and restore only the data that you need. That is, it is not necessary to reset the settings to factory defaults. You just need to connect your smartphone to your computer, open the program and log in with your ID in the cloud service, and then choose what to restore.
Attention! For those who have problems with iPhone freezing, it is also recommended to use this tool. With the help of the program, you can restore your iPhone in a few clicks, and it will work correctly and without interruptions! The program is shareware. Some of the information can be restored for free, but if the limit is exceeded, you need to pay 40 to purchase a license.
Recover messages via iCloud
The main purpose of the iCloud cloud service is to store important user information, which will be available from any authorized device. Not only photos or data from applications can be stored here, but also notes, mail, and including messages. This is very convenient, because in this way you can transfer SMS in a convenient form and read them anywhere.
Recovery will be possible only if you have created backups in iCloud, including SMS. As a rule, this item is activated automatically when setting up a backup. To get messages back, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” of your iPhone and select “General”;
- Scroll to the end of the list and click on the “Reset” item;
- Further, in the menu that appears, you need to click the “Erase content and settings” tab, and also confirm this operation with a password, if it is set;
- As soon as the settings are reset to factory defaults, you can restore the information from the backup.
- To do this, select the item “Recover from iCloud copy”, log in under your account and the system automatically downloads all the information;
- The download time is determined by the amount of information from the backup. But once everything is restored, you will receive all your messages back to the day the copy was created.
Attention! If you have important information, before performing the described actions, we recommend that you create or update a copy, since all data from your smartphone will be deleted, and you can restore only what was saved at the time of the backup.
This program can only be used if you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. If it is present, then follow the steps:
- Download iSkysoft Toolbox from the official website and install;
- Run the program and connect your iPhone using USB;
- As soon as the device is detected by the system, wait for synchronization and click Recovery;
- There will be three different recovery options here. We are interested in the first one. Recovery from iOS Device;
- Since we are only interested in deleted messages, you need to uncheck all the boxes, except for the Messages Attachments item;
- If everything is highlighted correctly, click the Start Scan button for the system to scan and display a list of possible SMS that can be recovered for your device;
- During a certain time, data will be scanned, and at the output you will receive a complete list of messages that can be recovered;
- Select from the list what you need by ticking them and press the Recover button to recover messages to your iPhone;
- Please note that in our screenshot the program did not find any messages that can be recovered. They will be highlighted with orange text. Also, in the Filter search bar, you can select to show only deleted SMS in order to quickly view all the information and restore the necessary files.
The iSkysoft Toolbox application also allows you to recover data from iTunes or iCloud backups, so you can use these options at any time. But keep in mind that the program is paid and all functionality will be available only after payment.
In general, a large number of universal programs have been developed to solve such problems, but we have considered the main ones. As a rule, everyone has similar functionality, they just differ in price, interface and support for different languages. If you only need to recover data once, try all the options in free mode, and if limited options are not enough, purchase the cheapest product from the list. For specialists who constantly work with similar devices and perform such actions, it is best to purchase the full version, since the costs for it will more than pay off in the future.
How to Recover Deleted SMS on iPhone
There are three ways to recover deleted messages:
- Use iTunes.
- Via iCloud.
- Through third-party programs.
Each method is equally worthy of attention, so which one to use is up to the end user to decide. And yet there are a couple of nuances in which some options cannot be implemented.
In most cases, you will need to use a PC
Note! Before restoring SMS or other data on your phone, you need to turn off Find My iPhone. Security settings will not allow you to use backup, which, in fact, is logical.
Primo iPhone Data Recovery
When files categorically do not want to be restored through iTunes, this program will help. The technology is as follows:
- Install the utility on your computer.
- Connect to PC iPhone.
- Start scanning process. To do this, click on “Next” in the main menu of the program.
- Wait for the analysis results.
- Check out the files Primo iPhone Data Recovery was able to find for recovery.
- Find the “Messages” tab.
- Select the messages you want to return with checkmarks.
- Click “Recover”.
An important advantage of the utility is the ability to log in to your iCloud through the program and “pull out” only those files that you need. This way, you can avoid a factory reset.
Note! Some tabs are limited in recovery by a paid subscription.
Why SMS on iPhone may go missing
For starters, it is worth noting because of what the dialogues abruptly disappear from the iPhone. All the more so if it happens systematically. There may be several reasons:
- the available memory for storing correspondence has run out. Thanks to the multimedia attachment function, dialogs can accumulate up to several gigabytes in a short time. As a result, the system has no choice but to delete all messages on the iPhone. The cleaning date is set in the gadget settings;
- malware and third party controls. Although IOS is considered the most reliable operating system, there is no way to defend against viruses. Also, attackers can establish remote control over a smartphone and correspondence if its owner opened third-party links;
- the user has reset the settings to factory settings without taking care of the backup;
- incorrect firmware update or use of Jailbreak.
The branded iPhone app boasts an extensive list of features
Note! IPhone with IOS 8 and above can automatically delete messages.
How to View Deleted Messages on iPhone
For people using a smartphone as a work tool, it will be extremely unpleasant news to lose all business correspondence at one point. Nevertheless, this happens quite often. But there are several ways how to recover deleted SMS on iPhone in iMessage app.
Recover messages via iCloud
The original purpose of iCloud was to allow a user to log into an account from any Apple device and have access to their media. So, every year buying a new iPhone, many simply log in to their Apple ID account and download all their files from the last gadget through iCloud in a couple of minutes.
To have access to iCloud, you need to create an Apple ID account
As is the case with iTunes, the user should first make sure that the backup function is enabled on the iPhone. To do this, step by step is enough:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select the first menu “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes Store”.
- Find the “iCloud” section.
- Then click “Storage Management”.
Here you can see all the subsections that are included in the backup. If opposite to the item “Messages” it means that it contains several MB of information, then you can extract the lost messages.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone: 5 Ways (2021)
Now all that remains is to figure out how to recover and view deleted messages on iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Then in the menu “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes Store”.
- Section “iCloud”.
- Scroll down to “Backup”.
- In it, look at the possible dates of the “backup”.
Now you need to reset the settings to factory settings:
- Return to “Settings”.
- Item “Basic”.
- Followed to the section “Reset”.
- Select “Reset content and settings”.
After that, re-authorize your Apple ID, go to “Backup”, select a date and restore. It usually takes about 20 minutes depending on the amount of data.
Note! On iPhones with IOS 9.0 and older, for example, on the five S, SE and 6 plus, the names of the subsections may differ slightly. But the principle itself remains the same.
Is it possible to recover deleted messages on iPhone
The amount of information lost forever depends on several factors. Basic:
How To Recover Deleted Messages From iPhone! (2020)
- how long has the smartphone been used after the loss of the SMS. The sooner the owner starts to restore messages, the more he will be able to “pull”;
- whether backup was enabled in iCloud settings;
- how crowded is the cloud storage;
- whether the smartphone was synchronized with the PC;
- whether the owner of the smartphone used “backups” when connecting to a PC and using iTunes.
Can you recover deleted SMS on iPhone? Definitely yes. If there is at least some backup or synchronization, something can be restored.
View Deleted Messages on iPhone via Third Party Programs
These are far from the only ways to view deleted messages on iPhone. In addition to them, there are special programs that work when in contact with a PC or while connected to the Internet. These utilities are able to “pull” more information without enabling “backups” and other conditions.
Note! They are best used only when absolutely necessary, since they are all created by third-party developers. Officials are not responsible for the use of these programs. But it should be said that you can always use the factory reset function.
Consider a few programs that have received the highest user ratings. These will be Primo iPhone Data Recovery, iSkysoft Toolbox and Enigma Recovery.
3 Ways to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
How to restore WhatsApp chat via iCloud
It is also important that you have an Apple ID account.
If available, just go to the iCloud app and find the settings with data synchronization of different applications. WhatsApp should be among them if it is already installed on your iPhone.
Besides the fact that it will help to recover deleted SMS in WhatsApp, you will be able to save data of other applications, progress in games and much more.
The iCloud cloud service itself is distinguished by a high level of security, speed and reliability. It is an official service from Apple designed specifically for iPhone, iPad, iPod, MAC and other devices. The service allows you to access files from anywhere in the world where there is Internet.
When backing up the data of correspondence and files from the vastap, problems or failures are also possible. Therefore, the developers have indicated the most effective methods for troubleshooting possible problems.
The most common problem is using a new number in the messenger. Therefore, if you corresponded under a different number, then you can restore it only if you re-enter WhatsApp using the old number. Also, past correspondence will not be displayed when changing the phone number.
Another reason for the impossibility of recovery may be iOS firmware version 7 and below. Recovering correspondence is only possible starting from iOS 8 and above. In addition, it is recommended to check the availability of free space both on iCloud and on the smartphone itself, since its lack will make it impossible to back up.
How to Recover Deleted Messages on WhatsApp
The reason for the loss of chat data, files and SMS in WatsApp is that the messenger simply does not store data in the cloud. All correspondence is stored exclusively on your phone. And if you started cleaning the phone, updated the operating system of your iPhone or performed a reset, then the correspondence will most likely be deleted and it will be difficult to restore it, and in some cases it is impossible.
How to recover deleted files in WhatsApp and also avoid future loss of chats? To do this, follow the simple instructions:
In the messenger, open the chats and calls section in the settings.
After creating a copy, information about it will be shown in this menu.
Attention: It is important to wait until the end of the copy creation before uninstalling the application or cleaning the smartphone.
Now you can safely uninstall WhatsApp. All data will be erased including files from correspondence, call history and all other data stored on the phone. But, after you reinstall the messenger, in the chats and calls settings section, in the copying subsection, you can simply click on the restore button. As a result, all your chats will be fully restored and clouds. Thus, you will not lose your correspondence including files and call history.
Best Ways to Restore WhatsApp Conversations on iPhone without Backup
Recovering deleted WhatsApp chats is quite simple and does not require special knowledge and skills, as well as a lot of additional software. All a few minutes are enough to return the correspondence. This article contains the best ways to recover messages in the Wastap messenger. As a result, you yourself will be able to return chats, SMS and entire correspondence. Plus, you no longer have to worry about deleting messages.
Recover WhatsApp on iPhone with UltData
If you have not saved the correspondence using iCloud or other cloud services, then there is another, slightly more complicated way to restore a deleted wastup. To do this, you will need to use iPhone data recovery utilities. The most popular is Tenorshare UltData.
The utility allows you to recover previously erased data from your device, iTunes or iCloud. Results can vary greatly depending on how long ago the data was erased, and also depending on the version of the iPhone.
Thus, owners of older smartphones, iPhone 3GS, will be able to recover many files and correspondence, including photos, audio recordings and videos. It is very easy to restore the text correspondence in Wastap and a series of other applications.
Connect the powered iPhone to the computer and run the program.
Wait while the utility detects the device. Go to the recovery menu.
Select only the necessary items and click restore.
It is quite easy to restore a deleted Wastup. To do this, you can use various data recovery utilities that allow you to recover files literally from the other world. But, very often, the correspondence can be partially deleted or cannot be restored at all. This is especially the case if you are actively using your iPhone data storage features. It is also important to note that not all files can be recovered. Thus, photo, video and audio files from the correspondence will be lost forever when the correspondence is deleted.
Therefore, the best way to restore your WhatsApp conversation is to make a backup. The best way to do this is to create backup copies of all the files in the iCloud cloud storage. Thus, thanks to simple automatic synchronization, you will protect your own correspondence from accidental deletion. And after cleaning your smartphone, you can restore it. It is also important to remember that WhatsApp is a confidential messenger with a high level of security, which stores all correspondence data exclusively on devices, bypassing cloud servers. But, for security you have to pay with the possibility of data loss when cleaning a smartphone.
Also, to restore correspondence in messengers, it is recommended to regularly back up iOS and all data using the iTunes and iCloud utility. It is also important to note that backups only allow you to save the correspondence until the moment the backup is created. But, the very creation of a copy of iOS for subsequent recovery is a long and not the most convenient process, so if you have restored the correspondence, then in the future it is best to use cloud storage. They are also safe and confidential, so your correspondence will remain safe and protected from deletion and loss.
Of course, if you accidentally lost your data, you want to recover your photos, videos, messages, UltData will help you recover this data.