Method 2. Via USB
Since you are in this section, then you need to do something more serious. or roll back to the old version, or restore the TV to work. Occasionally, people who simply do not have Smart TV and the ability to connect to the Internet get here. The best way to standardly update Smart TV. see the previous section.
- The required firmware from the site.
- USB flash drive capable of accommodating this firmware file.
I would like to immediately draw attention to the numbering of the firmware. The higher the number in it, the newer it is:
- We go to the support section of the Samsung website, select our model and download the required firmware version:
- We format the USB flash drive in FAT NTFS TVs that are familiar to us may not understand:
- Copy the firmware to a USB flash drive and run this file. The file is an archive, so we will be offered to unzip it directly to the root. What we do:
- We are waiting for the end of the archive extraction process, and after that we take out the USB flash drive from the computer and insert it into the TV:
- We turn on the TV. Go to the “Support” menu:
- A message will appear about an attempt to search for the firmware on the USB flash drive. We agree with this:
- In case of successful detection, you will be prompted to update the TV. We agree and wait for the completion of the process.
How to update Smart TV: instructions via the Internet and via USB
Greetings! This versatile article will focus on how to upgrade your TV. First of all, we are talking about updating the firmware and Smart TV. But you can mean something else by that. I propose to get down to business!
Attention! All TVs are different. It is impossible to write detailed instructions for all models in one article. Therefore, look for analogies or look for the exact procedure for your specific model.
The steps are shown using Samsung TVs as an example. For LG and others, we have a separate article.
Method 1. Via the Internet
This method is relevant for TVs with Smart TVs. For others, I recommend going to the next section of updating from a flash drive. Everything is pretty simple here:
- We connect our TV to the Internet. Surely you already have it connected to it, so this item is more for checking. so that there is where to download its update from.
- We enter with the remote control in the TV menu (for sure, you have already done this).
- “Software update” (if this item is missing, then most likely you have problems with the Internet, we check its presence, and also restart the TV and router):
- Update Now (sometimes called Online):
- The TV will start checking for updates, and if something happens, it will display a message about it:
- We agree to download and wait for the process to complete. After the TV will reboot and start working again.
Attention! Never turn off the TV during the update. Otherwise, you will have to use a manual update via a USB flash drive.
Occasionally there is a need to update to an old firmware version. in this case, updating via USB will again help.
How to download firmware?
This is especially true for the second method. Those who could not download their firmware do this:
- Go to www.Samsung.com/ru/support and enter the exact model of your TV:
- Download the latest software (software) with the highest number (USB type):
You can already transfer the downloaded firmware to a USB flash drive for updating using the Method 2 described above.
How to update browser on LG Smart TV?
Now you do not need to go to the computer to access the network. It is enough just to use the TV, of course, if the software and browser are updated on time. Modern LG Smart TV is almost a full-fledged computer only in a television case. Naturally, it requires updating programs, monitoring their relevance, and then the extensive capabilities of the device will be preserved.
If you ignore this question, then very soon the picture will start to freeze, various errors and inaccuracies will appear. Of course, this gets in the way. And if nothing is done, then soon the device will stop working altogether as it should.
How the browser is updated on an LG TV using the Internet
This method is much simpler, since it does not require the use of foreign objects. you only need a TV and reliable Internet access. As a rule, new software will occupy 500 megabytes or more. By the way, you can provide the Internet for downloading it in three ways:
Wi-fi is the simplest and most convenient, as it is wireless and provides high speed;
4G modem is a less practical option, but it is also often used if there is no alternative;
LG Smart TV How To Update Latest Software Version and Install (2021)
Network cable. connecting it may take a little time, but, in fact, the method is also not the worst for LV TVs.
So, when the Internet connection is made, you can start the most important part of the work. the update process:
The number of the new firmware on the LG Smart TV should be displayed;
If everything suits you, you can click on “Update”.
The download starts, during which the TV will work.
When finished downloading, the TV will automatically start updating by turning off all systems. At this point, it is important not to turn off the device from the network and do not make unnecessary manipulations. If the procedure is successful, a window will appear on the screen with the inscription “There is no need to update”.
Update using removable media
First, let’s look at the simple rules of work that should be followed when updating the browser:
When the flashing process takes place, it is better not to turn off the TV, because in this case the procedure cannot be completed correctly;
Before starting the procedure, you should make sure that the browser version is suitable for the TV model;
When the update is in progress, you cannot pull out the media;
It is advisable not to press any buttons to avoid program crashes.
To check the series of TV software and not look for instructions, you can use the remote control by pressing the “SETTINGS” button. It will open a menu where you need to stop on the “Support” tab by selecting “Product / Service Information” there. The software serial number of the LG TV in question should be listed here. The user needs to download the updates and install them in order for the device to work like new.
Preparing the media and installing is a fairly simple procedure that a beginner can handle. As a rule, owners of such devices have a formatted flash drive. If not, you need to format it. Next, for convenience, you need to create an LG folder with system files used to update the browser.
After the data has been copied, you can install the USB flash drive into the TV. As soon as the media is inserted, the data with its contents appears on the screen. If the user is sure that he can cope, click on the “Execute” button and follow the recommendations that appear on the screen. They are intuitive, therefore they will not cause difficulties.
What to do if you have problems after updating?
LG TVs are quite capricious technology, especially modern devices in which only one name remains from the old configuration. Not surprisingly, even after all this manipulation, the system can sometimes crash the Web browser. But what to do in this case? Initialization usually helps.
To complete it, you do not need many skills:
Next, select “Application Initialization”;
Select which application you want to initialize, for example, the Yandex browser, and click “OK”.
Now you have to wait for the TV to reboot. If everything went well, your favorite browser will work properly, and messages about an outdated program will not spoil your work on the Internet. But even if that didn’t help, it’s time to turn to professionals.
Option to manually update the web browser using removable media
The relevance of the proposed update method is appropriate, provided that the TV does not have an Internet connection. In this case, you can use a USB flash drive or removable HDD as a “boot disk”, having previously downloaded the installation package with the LG Smart TV firmware onto the media. You will need to carry out a number of simple steps:
Turn on the TV, open its main settings menu and find out the exact name of its model and the version of the current firmware in the “Product / Service Information” tab.
The name of the TV model and the version of the current software firmware can also be located in the “General” / “TV information” tab (depending on the TV model)
You can also find your TV model using the “Category Search”
You can also find the model number on the technical sticker located on the back of the TV.
By clicking “Details” you can see all the changes for the firmware version
The folder needs to be created only after formatting the USB flash drive or removable HDD
You can unpack the file using the WinZip utility (or another similar one)
The automatic update from the media will start immediately after you confirm the start of the process
The web browser cannot connect to the internet
This crash occurs as a result of the TV not being able to import the old web browser settings into its updated version. The only way out of this situation is to reset browser settings to the “default” operating mode:
- Open your web browser.
- Go to the “Settings” / “General” menu and select “Reset settings”.
over, if you try to open one of the bookmark pages, it will open in offline mode
LG web browser won’t launch
When you try to start an updated web browser, it either does not react in any way, or it gives an error of the type Critical Programming Error.
The error is always in English, even if the TV interface is in Russian
Such a failure occurs if the software was updated manually using removable media. The reason is that the LG built-in system cannot recognize the new version of the web browser. Therefore, the user needs to initialize manually, i.e. synchronize the equipment with the LG servers:
In the TV menu (SETTINGS button) go to the “Support” options and select “Initialization”.
After completing the process, your TV will automatically restart
Solving problems after software update
After updating the software from the official LG supplier, the TV may experience serious errors and malfunctions, even if they never occurred before the update. They can manifest themselves in completely different ways, and the reasons for their occurrence are usually the incorrect installation of a new firmware version or its subsequent automatic configuration. Let’s look at the most common problems and solutions related to the LG Smart TV web browser.
How to update the web browser on your LG Smart TV
LG Smart TV is a multifunctional TV from LG, which is a whole multimedia complex. Thanks to the in-system webOS platform, LG Smart TV provides its users with a range of unique possibilities. However, it is worth noting that most of them are based on interaction with the Internet connection in general and with the built-in web browser in particular.
Automatic option to update the web browser via the Internet
The method is relevant only if your LG TV is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi or using an Ethernet cable:
Press the SETTINGS button on the remote control. The main settings menu appears on the TV screen.
The SETTINGS button may be located in different places (depending on the TV / remote control model)
Confirmation of actions is carried out by the “OK” button on the TV remote control
After clicking the “Check” button, not only an automatic search for a new firmware version will start, but also its download
During the update, the TV is able to turn off / on several times
How to flash a TV
The next thing to do to update your Samsung TV is:
- Turn on the TV, click on “Source”, go to the “TV” mode, press the “Menu” button and follow the path “Support”. “Software update”. “By USB”.
- The scanning procedure will start, after which TV will inform you which version of the software it has found.
- If the version of the installed software is lower than the version on the flash drive, you need to flash it. To do this, click “Yes”. Copying files will start, after which TV will display a message about successful upgrade.
How to update the firmware on a Samsung Smart TV
The main ways to update the software (SW) for Smart-TV TV from Samsung:
- Automatic. without user intervention using the Internet.
- Using the firmware file downloaded from the official website and recorded on a USB drive.
The advantage of the first method is that the user does not need to do anything to flash a Samsung TV. Just indicate the period of checking for updates, and then the TV will do everything itself.
How to update Samsung Smart-TV firmware
- Press the “Source” button on the remote control, select “TV” as the broadcast source.
- Here, press the “Menu” button, and follow the path “Support”. “Software update”.
- Select the “Over the network” item. On the right is the number of the current firmware, which must be remembered for the future.
- Select “Update in standby mode” and set the desired value.
After that, one thing needs to be noted. Smart TV will check for firmware on the official website two hours after entering standby mode.
If a new version is found, the device will automatically start the procedure, that is, it will turn on itself, the screen will light up, and after it is updated, it will go back to standby mode.
That is, if the exact time is indicated in the TV settings, for example, two o’clock in the morning, the TV with the software will work exactly at the set time.
Users on forums often write that the TV turns on itself in the middle of the night. In order not to sin on voltage drops. you just need to transfer the value of this menu item to the “Off” position.
Where to download the firmware
To download the latest update file, you must:
- Go to the official Samsung website, click on the search button in the upper right corner and enter the model name of the desired TV. If a matching model is indicated in the recommended ones, click on the “Support” button;
- The site will automatically move the user to the menu where you need to click on the “Show more” button.
- Next step. “Downloads and guides”.
- Select the desired file from the “Downloads” list.
How to update your browser
The browser is getting an update with the release of new firmware. Since this is not always the case, you can go to Smart Hub and check for updates for it, or download a third-party.
Before changing the browser to Chrome or Yandex.Browser, you should make sure that the existing TV model supports one of them.
To flash Smart TV, you need a flash drive, respectively, you need to make it so that it can recognize it. To do this, you need to do low-level formatting to the FAT32 file system. the main type of file system supported by TVs. It is better to perform this operation using the “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool” utility:
- Insert the USB drive into the appropriate port, run the utility.
- In the upper drop-down list, select your drive, in the second. select the type of the FAT file system. In the “Volumelabel” field, you can set a new name for the flash drive;
- Click on the “Start” button, the program will warn you that all data from the drive will be deleted. Confirm by clicking on the option “Yes”.
- The formatting process starts.
- When finished, a message will be displayed with information about the results.
- After that, copy the folder with the firmware to the USB flash drive.
- The “Software update” button is not activated.
Go to SmartHub, exit Develop and retry the upgrade.
- The device does not recognize the firmware file, but there is confidence that it differs from the one already installed.
Try using a different USB stick or formatting it again to FAT32, repeat the process.
- Nothing helps, no upgrade happens.
Contact the specialists using Remote Management (on TVs from 2012 release) and update the software following their instructions.
Firmware firmware on Philips TVs
Let’s take a look at how to install updates on Philips TV, given that they are the second most popular devices after LG, so users will be interested to hear about this procedure as well. Here the instruction is much less.
The first thing to do is open the Smart TV menu;
In the “Installations” there is a sub-item “Update software”;
If there is a new version of the firmware, then you can press the confirmation, which will start the search for new programs. Only “Internet” should be selected as source;
When they are found, all that remains is to download the desired package to the Phillips TV, and wait about an hour for it to load. Only then can you start installing.
How to update the software on LG TV via the Internet
Updating the firmware of your LG TV via the Internet is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to solve most of the problems with system problems on your TV. In order to start the procedure, you need a minimum:
The confidence that they will not turn off the electricity at the most inopportune moment;
And also, some free time to control the procedure.
By the way, it doesn’t even matter how the Internet is connected. The main thing is that the connection is not interrupted when the procedure for searching and installing updates takes place, otherwise an attempt to update the firmware may bring disastrous results for your TV.
Best of all, of course, if you use a Wi-Fi network. The further procedure is the same when trying to flash a Philips TV, as well as for flashing any other device, including from LG. So, here is a list of the next steps:
Be sure to find the main menu. To go to it, you need to find the “Settings” button on the remote control. But it will only be available if the user has a regular control panel;
If there is no button mentioned above, you can use the “Input” key. It will also open a menu from where you need to go to the device’s firmware without using any extraneous means;
If the set with the TV came with the “Remote magic”, then you can use the hexagonal icon to go to the Smart menu;
Having figured out how to enter the menu, you need to start updating the software by selecting the sub-item called “General”, and going to the item “General information about the TV”;
The list contains the line “Check for updates”, and it is this line that you need to click;
If there is new software for your device, then it will definitely appear on the monitor, and if the firmware is not outdated, then the system will not need updates, which will be reported;
If there are updates, then to download them, you just need to click on “Ok”. And in order for the programs to be updated automatically, in front of the “Allow automatic updates” item, check the box.
How to update the firmware on an LG TV
Why do I need to update the firmware on my TV? First of all, this manipulation will noticeably improve his work, which is already a significant reason to find the time and make such a necessary procedure. On devices such as LG Smart TV, uninterrupted operation is very important, because the technology is not cheap, and it would be very disappointing if it stops working solely because the user could not properly take care of the system, which is why it malfunctioned.
In addition, flashing sometimes adds many interesting functions that allow you to work better on the Internet, watch movies online, and do a lot of other manipulations.
As with most modern TVs, there are two ways on LG TVs to help with flashing:
LG TV software update via Internet;
Updating the firmware using a USB stick.
Each option, as expected, has its own disadvantages and advantages.
Updating LG TV from a USB flash drive
If there are problems with Internet access on the TV, the method with a flash drive is the most profitable, since you will not need to worry if the connection is interrupted or some other unforeseen situation occurs. The whole point of this method is to go to the official website of LG and download the software package.
Amazingly, firmware alone can create a miracle, and make a previously not very well-working Smart TV into a full-fledged device. Problems with the Internet may even disappear, of course, if the TV “did not see” the presence of a connection, although it was.
So how do you update the software on your TV if the internet isn’t working? Download it on your computer.
Log into the official LG website. As a rule, there is the latest firmware for each TV model;
Format the USB flash drive on the LG TV, otherwise the device will not see it;
Open the firmware file and copy it to a USB flash drive;
Connect this flash drive to your TV and install updates.
But before all this, you should clarify the LG model, and be sure to see what version of the firmware is on it at the moment. All this information can be obtained by going to the “General” section of the menu and select “TV Information”. It contains information about the TV model and software version. If the software is outdated, be sure to update it.
How to Update LG Smart TV for Smooth Performance?
Updating LG Smart TV will improve the uninterrupted operation of the equipment, eliminate the possibility of software failures, and also add new functions for Internet surfing, watching channels online. With the help of the instructions, you will learn how to carry out this manipulation.
Updating from a USB stick
In the absence of a permanent connection to the Internet, the device is improved by downloading a new version from the manufacturer’s website. First, find out the TV code and the installed firmware version. How to do this, see the beginning of the article. For further actions, you need to use a PC or laptop.
- Go to the web browser at www.LG.ru. in the search bar, enter the code to detect the device and suggested updates.
- Find what you need and download.
- Create a folder named “LG_DTV” on the USB flash drive. Unpack the downloaded archive.
- Plug the USB stick into one of the USB ports on your LG Smart TV.
- Turn on the TV, go to the “Support” menu, “Software update” click “Update now”.
- Some models will recognize the webOS update on the drive on their own. A message will appear on the screen prompting you to install the update.
- Confirm the actions by clicking on the “Start” button, wait until the updates are fully installed.
The system will display a confirmation message about successful installation. For the changes to take effect, you need to restart the TV system.
How to restart LG Smart TV and reset to factory settings
often, flashing is new options that simplify surfing the Internet or open up new functions and opportunities. Sometimes, when installing changes, the Internet connection disappears, a software failure occurs, the Smart Hub platform may not work correctly or be blocked. To restore functionality, you will need to restart the TV.
The easiest working method to reboot your TV is to unplug it normally. It is necessary to unplug the power cord from the outlet, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in. Please note that at the time of the power outage, the TV must be working. After disconnecting from the network, an automatic reboot occurs.
Firmware update on LG Smart TV
There are several good reasons to modify your device’s firmware.
- Optimization of software work. Some TVs with more functionality come with older firmware versions. Emerging failures and errors are eliminated by collecting information, releasing a corrected firmware of a new version.
- Software response speed, channel switching speed, loading pages and movies, turning on programs, eliminating video player braking.
- New features and capabilities of Smart TV.
- Eliminate Smart TV problems. If Smart TV programs are not working properly, a black screen at startup, applications do not turn on, channels are interrupted and not resumed. One of the options to get rid of the problem is to update the installed platform and programs.
How to find the right version
Several firmware options are available for one TV model. To select the firmware, you need:
- know the version of the currently installed firmware;
- in the offered available updates, select the version with the exact match of the letter designation;
- the numbers of the new version must not be less than the previous one.
Updating your LG TV over the Internet
The easiest way to update Smart TV on your LG TV is via the Internet. For a stable connection, a cable connection from a router is suitable. All control is performed from the remote control. Actions are performed step by step.
- Select “Support”, then “Software Update”.
- Click on the line “Check for updates”.
- If there is a freshly released firmware version, the device will offer to update.
- Confirm actions by clicking on “Update”.
The process of downloading service pack modules takes from several seconds to several minutes. Download parameters depend on the installed software, Internet speed. In the future, you will need to reboot the device system.
Preparing to update the firmware
To prepare for the software update, they initially recognize the marking of the TV model and the presence of modifications. If actions are performed via the Internet, the need for information disappears. When installing from media, the information is important. Information about the marking, as well as the installed firmware version, can be easily found in the settings.
LG Smart TV: How to Update System/Firmware Software Version
- In the settings, find “Support”, then “Product or service information”.
- In a new window that opens, the marking of the model is indicated. The sub-item “Firmware version” denotes the marking of the current firmware.
To update from a flash drive, write down the marking, software version or take pictures to save data.
How to find the right firmware version
At the moment, there are many resources on the Internet that offer “unique” firmware for Smart TVs. However, the consequences of installing a software product from questionable sites can be very dire. from partial to complete breakdown of a digital device.
Therefore, you need to look for new firmware for TV receivers on the official websites of manufacturing companies. For LG TVs, such an Internet site will be a resource located at http://www.LG.com/. The user just needs to go to this site to:
- enter your TV model into the search bar;
- activate the search button;
- in the window that opens, click on the line “Support”;
- go to the item “ON”.
If all these operations were carried out correctly, the screen will display the latest updates for your TV. We select the “latest” version of the binder, and then download and install the optimal Webos update on your TV in two available ways.
From a flash drive
The second way to update your LG Smart TV looks a little more complicated. Indeed, to implement this process, the owner of a TV receiver will need not only a TV receiver and access to the network, but also a personal computer / laptop, as well as a “clean” (no recordings) USB drive with a capacity of one gigabyte or more.
In addition, with this OS update option, the user will have to find out the software version installed on the device and the model number of his device.
This is not at all difficult to do. We just pick up the remote control and go to the menu:
- we activate “Settings”;
- go to the “General” category;
- click on the link “TV Information”.
It is in this paragraph that the model number and the version of the firmware currently installed on the Smart TV receiver will be indicated.
It is not necessary to record this data. Just do not turn off the TV so that the digital model number and software version are in front of your eyes.
- We turn on the computer / laptop and go online through any browser.
- We drive into the search bar the address of the official website of LG.
- In the top menu of this site, look for the “Support” tab and activate the link “Software downloads and manual”.
- In the search box, select the model of your TV.
- Go to the very bottom of the window that opens to activate the “Software Updates” button.
This section lists all existing software versions for your TV receiver. In this case, the most recent firmware is always at the top of the list that opens. Compare the number of this update with the version of the shell installed on your TV receiver.
If the numbers match, then there is no need to update the Smart TV software at the moment. If a new firmware is posted on the official website, then we act according to the step-by-step instructions:
- download the archive of the new firmware from the official website to your computer desktop;
- create a folder on the desktop with the name “LG_DTV”;
- unpack the downloaded archive into the created folder;
- connect the USB flash drive to the computer / laptop and open the “My Computer” tab to format the USB drive using the FAT-32 file system (recommended);
- at the end of the formation, open the removable disk and drag the folder with the new firmware onto it.
After that, you can proceed to directly update the shell on the TV itself:
- we remove the USB flash drive from the PC and insert the USB drive into the corresponding socket on the TV receiver, which at this moment it is desirable to turn off;
- turn on the TV, on the screen of which the following notification “Found a new update” should appear;
- we confirm the process of installing the new firmware by activating the “Install” button using the remote control;
- at the end of the installation, the TV will reboot itself, and after turning on, a message about installing a new firmware version should appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
It is strictly forbidden to disconnect the Smart TV from electricity, pull the USB flash drive out of the socket before the end of the process and click the buttons on the remote control during the software update via the USB drive in order to exclude the appearance of a serious system error, due to which you will have to reinstall the operating system.
How to update your LG Smart TV: step by step guide
Many owners of modern LG TVs often simply do not understand why, when and how they need to upgrade their TVs. First, the stable operation of all digital devices capable of accessing the Internet depends on software that is updated from time to time. Secondly, it is recommended to update the software every time a new LG Smart TV firmware appears on the manufacturer’s official website. Thirdly, installing updates on the TV is not difficult if the user carefully studies the step-by-step instructions set out in this article.
Through the Internet
The easiest way to update the old software version on your LG Smart TV is via the Internet. If your TV receiver has a stable connection to the network via a Wi-Fi router or a network cable, then feel free to pick up the remote control and proceed as follows:
- go to the settings menu (the Settings button or the “Gear” icon on the screen);
- select the button “General” (“Settings”);
- go to the section “Information about the TV” (“Information about the product / service”);
- activate the link “Check for updates”.
After that, the TV will independently connect to the official LG website to check for updates. If a new firmware version is not found, the following message will appear on the screen “Updates not found”.
Otherwise, the user will see the following notification “Update found” with a proposal to install this firmware version. If such a message appears on the screen, then we confirm our actions. using the remote control, we activate the “Update” button. We are waiting for the end of the process of installing a new shell, which should end with a reboot of the device.
It is strictly forbidden to disconnect the TV from the mains during the process of updating and installing the software in order to avoid the appearance of a system error and expensive repairs in the form of reinstalling the OS.
The update process can be made automatic if, after installing the new shell, go to the “Information about the TV” section again and check the box of the “Allow automatic updates” button. After that, the TV receiver will independently check and install new firmware, notifying the user about its actions using the inscription on the screen. This alert will warn the owner of the TV that a new version of the software shell will be installed the next time the device is turned on.
How to restart LG Smart TV and reset to factory settings
If something went wrong during the software update, the user can try to reboot their LG Smart TV to reset the OS to its original settings.
This function helps the user to correct possible problems with the installed update by returning the TV receiver software to factory settings. In this case, you need to act according to the following scheme:
- turn off the TV;
- turn on the device again;
- using the remote control, go to the settings menu;
- select the sub-item “General” (“Settings”);
- activate the “Reset to Initial Settings” button;
- we confirm our action using the “OK” button that appears;
- we are waiting for the completion of the process, at the end of which the TV should restart.
It is strictly forbidden to disconnect the TV from the power supply during this process.
I would like to note that updating modern LG TVs will not cause any difficulties and will be absolutely safe for the TV set if the user:
- Will download new firmware only from the manufacturer’s official website.
- The TV will not disconnect from the power supply during the installation of the update.
- The owner of the device will calmly wait for the installation of the new firmware and will not click the buttons on the TV remote during this wait.
Where to download and how to install Flash Player on LG Smart TV?
LG plays an important role in the development of advanced TVs. Due to the new option introduced, it has advanced the farthest. It’s about using a flash player. This application is free and available to anyone. You can find the original version on the official website. We do not recommend using pirated versions. There is a risk of introducing a malicious virus onto your computer. It will destroy all data. TV The device freezes and stops working. After downloading the program, proceed to installation. Use the tips below.
Via wifi or internet
The first option involves using your home Internet. To do this, you need to use the services of the “World Wide Web”. Open the “menu” folder and find the current firmware number there. In any browser, look for newer versions for the player. Download directly to the body device or external media. Run the installations and update the service. Wait a few seconds and start the process again.
Study each point of the instructions in detail:
- To get started, download the application directly to your computer;
- Take a USB flash drive and download the program to it;
- Create a folder on an external medium with the same name;
- Now unzip the information and save it in a folder;
- Insert the USB flash drive into the TV, and turn it off;
- Set up the platform by following clear steps.
How to update Flash Player on LG Smart TV?
The flash player helps to easily operate the Smart TV platform. However, every program has crashes and malfunctions. In this case, updates are required. Installing new settings will help restore the system. To update Adobe Flash Player on LG Smart TV, you need to do some operations. Often, the firmware has ready-made versions of the player, so the update needs to be done on the entire operating system.
How to update flash player on LG Smart TV. instructions
Not sure how to update the flash player on your LG Smart TV? Use quick tips to get new system settings. Modern TVs have a dedicated Smart TV device. Technology finds various films and TV series on the Internet. Plays their flash player. This widget is easy to download directly from your TV. It is possible to use another method familiar to everyone. Download the installation to your home computer. After that, we transfer the file to external media. Next, insert the USB flash drive into the TV and install the program. Now the client has free access to virtual pages. Spend time on social media or watching your favorite movie. In addition, the widget has useful functions.
For the second method, you will need a USB flash drive. Load the new settings onto USB. Insert the media into the slot on the TV, and run the settings.
Possible problems and solutions
Installing a new system does not always go smoothly. Every user has unforeseen circumstances. Solving minor problems is easy. Quite often, failures occur due to the conflict of the flash player. The error appears when a separate video plugin from Google Chrome is installed. In such a situation, two widgets are triggered, which compete with each other. To resolve the failure, you need to uninstall the platform. The second error is that it is impossible to download the player to your computer. It is recommended that you restart your home device or reinstall the operating system. Another option is that the program is not supported on the TV model. Solving the problem will not work, since the platform is old enough for new TVs.
How to reflash an LG TV. Instructions for updating the software on an LG TV at home without contacting a TV master
In this article, we’ll take a look at how to update your LG TV from a USB stick. You can, at home, make the firmware of your Algie TV yourself, without contacting TV masters. Why update the firmware on your TV? In principle, not why, unless you have problems with the work of your TV set like mine.
I don’t know why, but after 1.5 years of use, after turning off and on the TV, the TV had to re-search for all channels, as if all the settings were being reset. In the beginning, this happened rarely and only after it was turned off from the outlet, but in the future, the search for channels had to be done every time the LG TV was turned off and on, even from the remote control. You probably know that searching for channels definitely takes a lot of time and it just starts to get boring, after which I decided to flash it. Therefore, I decided to share with you information for updating the software on the TV at home without contacting the TV master.
For those who think that updating the firmware is possible only on Smart TVs, I want to say that this is not the case. The first time I updated the software not on a Smart TV, but on a regular one, and this action does not require much knowledge, skills and time. In general, 10 minutes of time is enough for this procedure at home.
What do you need to update the TV’s firmware? Basically, you need a computer or laptop where you need to download the firmware from the official LG website and a USB flash drive from which we install the update on the TV. You can also prepare a flash drive with an update for your TV from a smartphone or tablet, if you are an experienced user. On my TV, the firmware weighed about 60 MB. You can find out which firmware version is installed on your LG TV by looking at the packaging, on the receipt or in the TV settings menu. The procedure itself is not complicated at all, but I want to warn you that everything that you do, you do voluntarily at your own peril and risk. If in doubt, it is better to contact the specialists, for a fee, they will reinstall the software for you.
Let’s take a look at how to update your LG TV at home:
– The USB flash drive from which we will install the software must be formatted on the computer to the FAT32 file system. If you do not know how, then follow this link on how to format a USB flash drive, memory card and other disks on a computer or laptop.
– After that, create a regular LG_DTV folder on the USB flash drive. If you do not know how, then see the instructions at the link on how to create a new pack on the desktop of a computer, laptop with Windows.
– Download the software for the TV from the official LG website by going to the “Support” section or in the “Drivers, Firmware and Software” section, this item may be located at the bottom of the menu on the site page, you need to search a little.
– In the section “Drivers, firmware and software” there will be a form for choosing a TV model for which you need to download the firmware. See the screenshot below where this item is highlighted.
After selecting the desired model, just below you will see the firmware itself for download. Download it to your computer. Look at the attached picture.
We unpack the downloaded archive with the firmware and transfer this file to the LG_DTV folder created on the USB flash drive. For those who do not understand, the downloaded archive with the firmware looks like this “Software_File% 28Version_03.53.00% 29”, and when I opened this file, it looks like this “MP_M1A_DVB_official-build-l14-eu. EPK file”, this file and moved to the LG_DTV folder on the USB flash drive.
– Now we connect the USB flash drive to the TV, after which the TV set will automatically check the USB flash drive for a new firmware version and, if found, will offer to update. Press the “Start” button to confirm. I inserted the USB flash drive directly into the working TV and everything was determined automatically, the update process itself is visible on the screen, the firmware itself took me only 1 minute.
– Important! During the update of Algie’s TV, you cannot turn off the TV or pull out the USB flash drive. If they suddenly turn off the light, then do not touch anything, perhaps after turning on the installation will continue.
– For the updates to take effect, you must perform a factory reset through the TV menu.
Personally, I was helped by flashing the TV and now I do not need to constantly turn on the autosearch of channels after each turn off of the LG TV. It’s good that there was a new firmware version, I don’t know what I would do if it was not there.
It is not possible to update the TV software:
– If the downloaded software version is lower or the same as on your TV.
– If the TV was not intended for sale in the Russian Federation.
– Firmware not for this TV.
– The flash drive was not formatted, or formatted in the wrong format, the file was transferred incorrectly, for example, without unpacking, the name of the created folder on the flash drive with an error.
The article was posted on July 27, 2018. Edited on 15.04.
LG TV Firmware Update Feedback
UPDATE REVIEW PAGE
11 hours 39 minutes.
Thank you working class respect good luck
15 hours 58 minutes.
Respect to you, and little one. Everything worked
13 hours 22 minutes.
So far, all the rules, if anything I’ll write about the problems that have arisen.
00 hours 31 minutes.
Hello, everything worked out, thank you very much!
08 h. 22 minutes.
Thank you for the article! My TV is 32LF510U-ZB, I was able to update the firmware. Whether it helped or not, I don’t know yet. We will wait, I will write, if not.
18 hours 18 minutes.
Hello. I have an LG 42LB552V-ZA TV. Current software version: 03.50.06. Recently, I began to reset the settings (channels). I do not know what to do. I read the post and decided to try to update the software. Who has the firmware for this model, please send me an email: email@example.com. thank
10 hours 53 minutes.
Thank! Same problem. the update was successful. I liked how everything was chewed for those in the tank: “If you don’t know how to create a folder, then here’s a link on how to do it.”
20 hours 02 minutes.
Thanks for the advice. My firmware did not work due to the fact that I called the folder incorrectly.
16 hours 22 minutes.
Helpful instruction. Thank. Good luck.
09 hours 54 minutes.
TV 32LB561V. Firmware update helped.
02 h. 16 minutes.
May God grant the author health.
19 hours 28 minutes.
A couple of years ago there was such a problem, I asked for it, until the last moment everything was OK. Now the story is the same, but there is no newer version of the firmware. What to do, please advise!
09 hours 39 minutes.
Thank. Updated and the problem seems to be gone, now I’m testing it, I hope the glitch does not appear again. Cool instruction! Thank you.
23 hours 14 minutes.
It looks like I have the same situation every time I need to enable channel search.
11 hours 34 minutes.
And I was able to update my TV, the problem was digital channels.