Upload IPSW file
If the easiest way to update your phone to iOS 12 is to launch the software through Settings, there is another effective method. download the IPSW file. You can install the file into your phone via iTunes, it is classified as Golden Master. To answer the question whether it is possible to update the iPhone-6 in this way, it is worthwhile to figure out what the Golden Master is.
Golden Master (GM). this is a beta version developed for iOS devices. It enables users to report problems that are affecting the latest version of the operating system. Allows developers to identify and fix bugs, correct them before the final release.
Initially, it so happened that the assembly of the Golden Master is no different from the final version, which comes out later. Therefore, installing the update on “iPhone-6” in this way does not affect the quality of the device in any way.
You need to download the IPSW file depending on your phone model. It is worth recalling that the safest way to download files is directly from Apple’s servers. This is the only way to guarantee the safety and preservation of the device’s functionality. After downloading the file to the computer, the mobile device is connected to iTunes and using the downloaded IPSW, the firmware is updated to iOS 12.
The need to update
Owners of modern phone models know that in order for any gadget to work better, it is necessary to update from time to time. At the last World Conference, Apple presented the latest in software development for its mobile phones. iOS 12. Despite the fact that more attention was paid to the flexibility of the operating system and speed, it is able to combine a lot of new functions and applications, moreover, it is available for previous versions of the iPhone starting with 5S models.
After several months of testing public versions, the release of iOS 12 is completed and is ready for download. The latest iPhone models will be released on sale already with this operating system, but the owners of older versions, including 6 models, are wondering whether to update the iPhone-6 and how this will affect the device’s performance.
ITunes sync and update
How to update iOS on “iPhone-6” through the program? Let’s take a closer look at the sequence of actions:
- When you connect your iPhone to your computer, iTunes should start automatically, if this has not happened, it is activated manually.
- First and foremost, it is important to make sure that the latest version of the software is loaded in iTunes. To do this, check the “Update” tab on Mac computers or “Check for Updates” in the iTunes menu for Windows.
- If these features are not available, you need to check for updates in the Microsoft Store app. Then you need to sign in or create your account with Apple.
- You must hold down the Option key on Mac or Shift on Windows to proceed with the update.
- After that, the “Update” or “Check for Update” function will appear on the iTunes screen.
- Select the downloaded IPSW image and click “Open”.
- After the update is complete, the program will automatically restart the iPhone.
Updating via Wi-Fi
The use of this method is primarily convenient because it does not require a connection to a computer. To update “iPhone-6”, you must adhere to the following instructions:
- Enter the “Settings” tab in the mobile device and click on the “Update” line.
- Select “Download” and “Install”, if the program prompts you to accept the system conditions, you must agree and wait for the update process to complete.
It is worth noting that with a low signal level, the operation will either take a long time, or it will fail to download. After this method of updating, all information in the phone will be saved and not a single file will be damaged. At the same time, such an update is highly discouraged for locked phones.
Updating via computer
You can update “iPhone-6” through the program installed on your computer. To do this, you need to follow the steps:
- The device is connected to a PC using a Lighting or USB-C cable.
- The screen will prompt “Unlock iPhone to use accessories”.
- The action is performed with a touch identifier or an access code is entered.
- If this is the first time the device is connected to this computer, you need to allow access to your data and follow the instructions on your phone and computer to complete the update.
- Synchronize with iTunes and change the firmware.
Checking compatibility. The easiest way to update
First, you need to make sure that your device supports the latest generation of operating system, and then decide whether to update the “iPhone-6″. Like the version released before iOS 12, they are only compatible with 64-bit mobile phones. Which means that 32-bit, for example, “iPhone-5”, according to the technical specifications, will not launch this update. For 5S models, the iOS 12 platform is available, but it does not function in the best way. But starting with the generation of “iPhone-6”, the installation of the latest version is quite possible.
There are many ways to download and install the software. The simplest of them allows you to save your data and does not require much effort. To do this, find and open the “Settings” tab in the device applications, then click on “General” and select “Software Update”. If a download of a new version is available for the phone, it will be displayed as iOS 12. It is enough to start the process using the on-screen prompts, and the program will automatically download and install on the mobile device. At this time, the user just needs to wait and do not turn off the device, do not interrupt the installation. The user also has the option of deferred update. A person can choose at what time the system will automatically install the firmware.
Updating with Recovery Mode and DFU
Using these methods is almost the same as working with iTunes. However, it takes a longer period of time, since first of all it is necessary to enter the device into one of these modes. How to update “iPhone-6” in this case? This is done as follows:
- The phone is entered into Recovery Mode or DFU.
- Connect the device to a laptop or computer using a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes, which will automatically detect iPhone in recovery mode.
- Open the firmware file.
- Waiting for the process to complete. Then the program will automatically do everything.
How to upgrade to iOS 13 iPhone 6 or higher
It is no secret that the software of Apple gadgets evolves accordingly with their filling. In 2019, with the release of iPhone 11, developers from Cupertino presented a new version of the operating system, which, according to their statements, became revolutionary for the company. How to update iPhone 6 to iOS 13 and 5th generation gadgets below.
How to access iOS 13 Beta profile
The principle of activating the iOS 13 beta profile is similar to a simple firmware update using a PC on MAC X OS, which was mentioned above. But there is a small amendment. this also requires an Apple computer, but additionally with a beta version of the operating system. According to the official instructions, you need either beta macOS 10.15 Catalina, or or Xcode 11. But if there is neither one nor the other, you can use special driver programs. For this, the familiar MobileDevice or any other analogue is suitable for many. The utility still needs a PC with an Apple operating system.
- the aforementioned PC with the corresponding OS or program;
- installed the latest iTunes or Finder (if there is a version of Catalina);
- USB cable;
- downloaded iOS 13 beta (easy to find on the Internet);
- iPhone starting from the seventh generation or SE (which is not a shame).
Note! If any beta version of iOS is already installed on your smartphone, you need to uninstall it by going to the settings, section “General” and in the item “Profile”.
- Install a pre-downloaded utility (if the required OS version is not available).
- Launch iTunes or Finder.
- Connect iPhone via USB.
- Wait for synchronization.
- In iTunes or Finder (the utility must be the most recent), click on the device icon and go to the “Overview” section in the left menu.
- Then click in the new field on “Update”, while you need to hold down the “Options” button, it is “Shift”, and in the pop-up window select the pre-downloaded beta firmware.
- Wait for iPhone to finish updating.
- Quit iTunes and turn off your phone.
If everything is done correctly, developer rights will be activated, and the user gets something like Root rights in Android.
Latest iOS version for iPhone 5s and 6
Apple stopped supporting the fifth and sixth generation iPhones with the release of iOS 12.4.1. That is, this is the maximum version of the operating system that can be installed on 5, 5S, 6 and 6 plus.
You can see to which iOS the phone has been updated in the settings by going to the “General” section, followed by “About this device”. The current firmware will be indicated opposite “Version” or “Software Update”. If it is lower than 12.4.1, then in the same tab “Basic” there is an item “Software Update”, where you can reflash the gadget to the latest supported version.
Important! The current list of smartphones that can be upgraded to version 13 starts with iPhone 7 and up. iPhone SE is also supported.
iOS 12 was the last for the fifth and sixth generation iPhones
What is iOS 13 Developer Profile
After the presentation in September, Apple offered licensed IT professionals to download the iOS 13 developer profile. In principle, this is a standard procedure, but with the release of the new firmware it became more difficult to do this.
For starters, it’s worth mentioning that the developer profile is such a feature for those who are involved in creating applications on the iOS platform. Simply put, by activating it, programmers and IT studios can test their product before the official release.
And if earlier anyone could install iOS 13 beta, now, as Apple representatives say, “beta firmware is created for developers and nothing more.” Nevertheless, with the help of some loopholes, it is still possible to activate the mode without a license.
The firmware information will indicate that this is a beta version
Important! If you put it in beta, many mobile apps like social media or online banking might not work. In principle, this mode should be used on the gadget that you do not mind.
How to upgrade iPhone 7 and above to iOS 13
Now it’s time to download iOS 13 to a gadget that can handle the firmware requirements. As stated above, iPhone 6S and 7 are the oldest Apple phones to support the new software.
Important! It is best to back up your device before proceeding with the update. This will protect the user from crashes during the installation, or simply allow you to return to the old firmware if the new version is not to your liking.
- Go to gadget settings.
- Go to the first section.
- Select iCloud.
- Click on the item “Backup”.
- Activate all sliders and wait a few minutes while the system archives data.
In order not to lose your data in the event of an update failure, it is better to use a backup.
- Connect iPhone 7 to PC.
- Open the program and wait for synchronization.
- Click on the icon of the connected gadget (above).
- Next, click on the section “Automatic creation of copies”
- Select “This PC”.
- Click “Create a copy now”.
- Wait for the end of the process.
Now you can safely upgrade without worrying about a bad outcome.
How to Get IOS 14 in IPhone 6, 6 plus | WITH PROOF!!
ITunes backup can be saved to PC files
To install iOS 13 on iPhone 7, you need:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click on “Basic”.
- Followed by “Software Update”.
- Wait until the system scans the device and the “Download” button appears. Click.
- Select “Install” in the pop-up window. At this point, the system will prompt you to install later or at night. Better to choose the second option, as the update usually takes about an hour.
Note! The presence of the Internet during the update is strictly required.
If the installation was moved overnight, it remains only to put the phone on charge before going to bed. In the morning it will already be updated to the latest up-to-date version.
You can find out that a new version of the OS is available in the “Software update” section
You can also update iOS to version 13 via a computer. But it’s important to note that only Apple’s PC will work for this. The instruction is as follows:
- Install the latest version of iTunes (if Catalina is installed, then launch Finder).
- Connect iPhone to PC via USB.
- Run the utility and select the connected gadget.
- Download the iOS 13 file package from the official website.
- In iTunes or Finder, click on the gadget icon and go to the “Browse” section in the left menu.
- After clicking on “Update”, while you need to hold down the “Options” button, it is “Shift”, and in the pop-up window select the above file.
- Confirm the intention to update and wait until the end of the procedure.
During the procedure, the iPhone will reboot and turn on automatically when finished. It remains only to disconnect from the PC and use.
Finder can be found in the Quick Access Toolbar
This article is aimed at describing the methods and ways to turn off the iPhone from any state: in normal mode, if the smartphone is frozen and does not respond to the sensor and keystrokes, if the “Home” and “Power” buttons do not work. In the course of solving the problems of restarting the device, the method of control using the touch panel was considered. “Assistive Touch”, which allows you not only to cope with the problem of turning off the iPhone without using the buttons, but also to adjust the control of the iOS device using gestures. It is also worth noting that the above function will not allow you to turn off the iPhone 4,5,6,7 if the display is not working or is frozen. In this case, you still have to contact technical specialists.
If you still have any questions regarding the emergency shutdown of your device, then ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, and we will make every effort to promptly answer them and help solve the problems that have arisen.
Should you restart your iPhone 6? It is difficult to get an exact answer to a quite obvious question. Since some users consider the procedure pointless, since the system is debugged so much that it does not need to be rebooted. The other part is sure that one reboot is enough once a week. In such a case, the prepared material will allow you to find out how to restart the iPhone 6 in a regular and emergency situation.
Reboot via the settings menu
This method is useful when there are some problems with the phone. the power button or part of the touch screen does not work.
As you can see, there are several easy ways to restart your iPhone if it freezes. This can be done on an emergency basis using physical buttons or you can schedule such an opportunity in advance by setting up the auxiliary touch menu.
Reboot via AssistiveTouch floating button
The method is suitable for working smartphones and models where the power button is damaged.
Then click on the item “Universal Access”.
Scroll down to the “Interaction” section, where select “AssistiveTouch”.
In the next menu, slide the switch to the active position to activate AssistiveTouch.
Below, click on the item “Top-level menu”, where set the optimal number of buttons.
Click on any of the icons, where in the new menu select the action “Restart” from the list.
Now, to launch AssistiveTouch, just click on the floating button and select “Restart”. Next, the smartphone will reboot in automatic mode.
How to Restart iPhone 4,5,6,7 Normally?
First, let’s remember how to reboot the iPhone in normal mode, when all the functions of the phone are working properly.
You can turn off iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7 by performing the following manipulations:
- It is necessary to press and hold the “Power” key for a few seconds, which is located at the top end of your device. The result of such actions is the appearance of two large buttons “Turn off” and “Cancel” on the smartphone screen.
- Next, you need to slide your finger over the inscription “Turn off” from left to right, without lifting your finger from the screen. This gesture is also called “Swipe” (from the English Swipe. hold, pull). If everything is done correctly, the iPhone will begin the shutdown process. the screen will turn off and the device will stop responding to touches.
- The last step. you need to press the “Power” button again. you will see a black Apple logo mark on a white background.
With this method of restarting the gadget, all programs are saved in the multitasking panel and after disconnecting the phone, you can easily access all previously launched applications.
Press and hold the power button briefly until the shutdown menu appears.
As soon as a button appears prompting you to turn off the device, pull the switch with a gesture to the right.
Sliding the switch will result in an immediate power off. To turn on the system, just hold down the power button until the manufacturer’s logo appears.
So you, one of the owners of the coveted iPhone, use it with great pleasure, and the moment comes when you need to update iOS. The reasons for the update are predictable: new functions and capabilities, bug fixes in the previous firmware version, increase in smartphone life.
In addition, new applications in the AppStore no longer support the old firmware. All this puts you in front of the question: how to remove the old and install the new version of iOS? This article will teach you how to update your iPhone correctly and easily.
There are 2 ways to update your device. They differ from each other in that in one way you need to use only the iPhone, and in the other you need a computer. But in both cases, it is recommended that you back up your data on your computer or server to iCloud before updating.
If, suddenly, something goes wrong and the iPhone gives an error during or after the update, you can always restore your data and it will not be lost.
Method one (via Wi-Fi)
How to update iPhone without a computer. You can update your device anywhere you have the Internet. The most important thing is to make sure that the battery charge is 50% or more. If the charge is less, then the iPhone will not want to update and will offer to connect the charger.
- To update, go to “Settings”
- Through the main menu, go to the “Basic” tab
- Select the item “Software Update”
- We are waiting for the iPhone to check for updates.
- As soon as the update is found, click “Download and Install”
- We read the agreement. If you agree with the rules, click “Accept”
After that, wait for the iPhone to download the update from the Apple server (30 minutes). Then the device will reboot and the installation of new software will begin. After 5-10 minutes, the smartphone will turn on and be completely ready for use.
Method two (via computer)
How to install iOS using a computer. To do this, you need iTunes installed. You can download it from the official website Apple.com. Make sure it is the latest version. If the version is outdated, iTunes will need to be reinstalled.
- We connect the iPhone via a cable, open iTunes. In a minute, the program will detect your device
- Click on the phone icon. The main iPhone control menu opens. Click the “Update” button
- We confirm the License Agreement and wait.
When the installation is complete, the device will reboot and be ready for use. This method is convenient to use when you are at home, the iPhone charge level may be below the cherished 50%.
Installing the firmware downloaded earlier
This procedure is also referred to by some as updating, although I would call it a rollback or firmware restore. Let’s see how this is implemented using a computer.
First of all, you must have a firmware file directly on your computer. This can be a saved file from the time of past updates or a file downloaded from one of the sites that are designed to store all firmware versions.
The procedure itself is similar to the previous one, you connect your iPhone to your computer and wait for iTunes to find your smartphone, click on the phone icon. Device control opens. Here, instead of the “Update” item, select the adjacent “Restore”.
Next, select the firmware file that was downloaded in advance, and start the process by clicking “Open”. You are waiting for the start of the installation, confirm your intention by accepting the license agreement. After 5-10 minutes, the smartphone will reboot and be fully ready for use.
Using the above methods, you can update any Apple device, be it iPhone 3g, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6 or 6Plus.
Do not forget to read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later Комментарии и мнения владельцев, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Cellular Update Failed on iPhone? Looking for a solution!
I strongly welcome everyone! Despite the rather optimistic (in general) title of this manual, I immediately ask you to prepare for the worst. The thing is that the appearance of the error “Cellular update failure” on the iPhone, as a rule, has a hardware cause and, in the so-called “home conditions”, it is almost impossible to get rid of it. Although…
So, this “out of nowhere” malfunction does not appear. basically it happens immediately after some relatively serious manipulations with the device (updating to a new version of iOS or resetting the settings).
- The inscription “No network” in the operator line.
- The window “Cellular update failed. Your iPhone will not be able to make or receive calls or access cellular data until the device is updated. “.
- When you go to “Settings. Cellular”, you can see the inscription “To use cellular data on this iPhone, it needs to be updated”.
Total. everything hints that the iPhone simply requires a firmware update.
But how to do this if the iPhone cannot update itself? That’s right, use iTunes (detailed instructions)!
And here, dear friends, you have a very important choice.
The thing is that after updating (restoring) iOS through iTunes, three completely different things can happen:
- iPhone will work as if nothing had happened, the network will appear on it and “Cellular Update Failure” will disappear like a bad dream.
- Nothing will change.
- The iPhone will freeze during the update process, display other errors, will not be able to activate and turn into a “brick”. That is, you will lose the opportunity not just to call, but in general to use the device in any way.
What is the reason for this? Often, with the so-called “modem” and its “environment”.
It is this microcircuit that is responsible for communication on your iPhone.
- “The modem was crookedly stitched” (during the previous update), then restoring the firmware can help.
- The “modem” has any physical damage or suffered in another way (excessive heating, water ingress, poor solder, etc.), then restoring the firmware can (in some cases) only aggravate the situation. the iPhone will be impossible to activate (and sometimes and turn on).
It’s not very pleasant for me even to type this text. But, unfortunately, there is no getting away from this. not all the same about discounts on the iPhone write.
Therefore, let’s jump straight to the conclusions.
Here’s what to do if you get a Cellular Update Failed error on your iPhone:
- iPhone Warranty? Feel free to restore the firmware via iTunes. In case of failure, we contact the service center and let them already think about how to repair your smartphone.
- iPhone without warranty? Here you need to think about and decide what is more important for you. a possible chance of success or a possible chance to get a “brick”.
However, even with the worst option, you should not rush to throw out your smartphone.
Because, at the moment, even unofficial service centers are quite successfully coping with such a task as “rolling the modem” (removing the microcircuit, cleaning everything qualitatively, putting it back in). this is the procedure that, as a rule, finally helps to solve the error “Cellular failure updates “.
So there is no need to despair! The main thing is to find a normal service center with good equipment (and not some kind of tent on the market) and then everything will be “OK”.
Well, I, as usual, will hope that no service is required in your case and all network problems will be corrected by a regular firmware restore via iTunes. I sincerely wish you good luck!
Firmware options and methods
IPhone firmware is its software, the operating system known as iOS. A flashing is a system restore or update. In the first case, it means a return to factory settings with the removal of personal data, in the second. installing a new version of iOS without affecting user content.
deleting iPhone custom settings
A flashing may be required in the following cases:
UPDATE YOUR IPHONE 6 PLUS TO IOS 14 NOW | TUTORIAL IOS 14
- IOS crashes.
- Release of a new version of iOS.
- The need to completely delete information from the phone. for example, when transferring the device to another owner.
There are two methods for flashing iPhone: via iTunes connection and Wi-Fi. In iTunes, you can do both flashing, restore and update. Over Wi-Fi, only device upgrade is possible, that is, downloading and installing updates.
Apple does not allow you to install outdated iOS versions. This does not prevent craftsmen from releasing software that allows you to downgrade the system, but most often it only works on older iPhone models. It is not possible to downgrade iOS on iPhone 6 or 7.
If iPhone won’t recover in normal mode and iTunes gives an error, use DFU mode. The order will be as follows:
- Open iCloud Settings and turn off Find My iPhone.
- Download the latest iOS version to your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. Hold the Home and Power keys for 10-15 seconds until the screen turns off. A second after the screen turns off, release the Power button, but continue to hold “Home”. Wait for iTunes to see a notification that the device has been detected in recovery mode.
- Hold down the Shift key on your computer keyboard and click “Restore iPhone”.
- Select the downloaded firmware file and wait for the restore process to complete.
To wake up the device from DFU mode, hold down the Power and Home buttons for 15 seconds.
The iPhone 7 does not have a home button, so the order of entering and exiting DFU mode will be slightly different:
- Connect iPhone 7 to Computer.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Without releasing the power button, hold down the volume down key. Hold both buttons for 10 seconds. If the Apple logo appears, repeat the procedure. it means you have been holding the buttons for too long.
- Release the power button after 10 seconds. Continue to hold the Volume Down key for another 5 seconds. If the iTunes Connect screen appears, start over. you held down the buttons for too long.
- If the display stays black and iTunes displays a message stating that a device has been found in recovery mode, then you’ve put your iPhone in DFU mode.
Otherwise, the instructions are the same: you need to select an IPSW file or entrust iTunes to download and install the firmware yourself. To wake up iPhone 7 from DFU mode, hold down the Volume Down and Power button until the Apple logo appears.
We figured out how to reflash a new iPhone through iTunes. a convenient way, but its implementation requires a computer at hand. If you don’t have a computer and you need a new version of iOS, you can get it via Wi-Fi. Why only Wi-Fi and not mobile traffic? The answer lies in the size of the downloaded file. 3G bandwidth does not allow downloading such volumes of information normally, so you have to use a Wi-Fi connection.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi.
- Open the “General” section in the settings. Go to the submenu “Software update”.
- Checking for updates will start. If there are updates, the “Download and Install” button will appear.
Important: Updating via Wi-Fi cannot be used on jailbroken phones, it will lead to an “eternal apple”. How do I know if my device is jailbroken? The Cydia application will be available on it.
You can also update iOS through iTunes, while the order of performing the operation will practically not differ from restoring the device, with the only exception. user content will remain intact.
- Launch iTunes, connect the device and select it in the program window.
- Click “Update” and confirm the operation.
You can download the latest iOS on your computer yourself, and then select the firmware file in iTunes. This approach will save time for downloading an updated version of the system. To be able to specify the path to the firmware file, hold down the Shift key and click “Update”. An explorer window will appear, in which you can select the downloaded upgrade.
Remember, when you update, your custom content and settings are preserved. If you restore the device, then the phone will become “clean”, as after the purchase.
Do not forget to read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later Комментарии и мнения владельцев, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
UPDATE YOUR IPHONE 6 PLUS TO IOS 13 NOW
How to upgrade iPhone 6S to iOS 12
Restore via iTunes
Before proceeding with the recovery, think about whether you are ready to lose the data that is stored on your phone. If not, be sure to make an up-to-date backup of the information. You can save it on your computer using iTunes, or send it to iCloud by synchronizing with the cloud storage. If a restore, that is, a rollback to the factory state with a simultaneous iOS update, is performed just to completely wipe the device, then no backup copy is needed.
You can restore your smartphone in two modes, normal and DFU. The second method will be needed if errors appear in normal mode. But in any case, you should start with recovery in normal mode.
- Open the “iCloud” section in the settings and turn off “Find iPhone”.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to confirm disabling the security feature.
- Connect your device via USB to PC and launch iTunes. Select the phone by clicking on the icon in the program window.
- Click “Restore iPhone”. iTunes will find and install the latest iOS version. Do not interrupt recovery, this will damage the system.
You can speed up the process by first downloading the firmware file in IPSW format. To select it. hold down the Shift key and click “Restore iPhone”. An explorer window will appear, through which you need to specify the path to the iPSW file.
Methods for flashing the latest iPhone models
Trying to figure out how to reflash an iPhone, the user must first understand what firmware is and what methods of flashing exist. The process itself takes 10 minutes, any iPhone owner can complete it, but for greater confidence, you need to know some technical points.
We have already written instructions on the site on how to reflash an iPhone, but it was about iPhones 4 and 5. You can see this article here. In general, the process has remained the same. Below we tell you how to reflash modern iPhones (iPhones 6 and 7) and how to install an iOS update on iPhone 6 or 7.