How to Backup in iCloud and Update to the Latest iOS 10.3.1. iPhone iPod iPad
The instructions for different types of Apple ID protection will vary. For example, if you need to verify your phone number, use two-factor authentication. Select the type you want:
After resetting your password, you will be prompted to log in again with your new password. You may also need to update your password in the Settings menu on your devices.
If you have problems trying to sign in with your Apple ID password, you can use the steps here to reset your password and regain access to your account.
An Apple ID is an account that provides access to many of Apple’s features and services. For example, you can use it to shop in the iTunes Store, sign in to iCloud, purchase apps, and more. To reset your password, you need the email address you use as your Apple ID. Forgot your Apple ID email address?
Using the recovery key
If in iOS 11 or later, or macOS High Sierra or later, you replaced 2FA with 2FA for your Apple ID and you have a recovery key, you can use it to reset your password.
On a Mac computer
- Choose the Apple () System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
- Click “Password & Security”.
- If you need to enter your Apple ID password, click Forgot Apple ID or Password? and follow the instructions on the screen. You can skip the following steps.
- Click Change Password. Before you reset your Apple ID password, you will need to enter the password you use to unlock your Mac.
Having a problem at this point? You might not be signed in to iCloud. Choose Apple () System Preferences, and click Apple ID. Click Forgot Apple ID or Password? and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Go to the Apple () System Preferences and click iCloud.
- Select “Account”.
- If you need to enter your Apple ID password, click Forgot Apple ID or Password? and follow the instructions on the screen. You can skip the following steps.
- Select “Security” “Reset Password”. Before you reset your Apple ID password, you will need to enter the password you use to unlock your Mac.
Having a problem at this point? You might not be signed in to iCloud. Go to the Apple () System Preferences and click iCloud. Click Forgot Apple ID or Password? and follow the instructions on the screen.
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Make sure your device is running iOS 10 or later.
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click [your name] Password & Security Change Password and follow the onscreen instructions to change your password. IOS 10.2 or earlier: Click iCloud [your name] Password & Security Change Password and follow the onscreen instructions.
Having problems in the previous step? You might not be signed in to iCloud. Open the Settings menu and click Sign in to [your device] “Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it?”, Then follow the onscreen instructions. IOS 10.2 or earlier: Click iCloud Forgot Apple ID or Password? and follow the instructions on the screen.
Recovery by mail
The most convenient way to reset a forgotten password from iCloud and other Apple services is to use email. What do we have to do:
- Connect your device to the internet. Open the settings and go to the “iCloud” section. Click “Forgot your password?”.
- To restore access, you need to specify the email address (aka the Apple ID login).
- The next window will present the reset options. What to do next, choose yourself. But first, let’s look at a reset via e-mail.
If a backup mail was set in the iCloud settings, then a link will be sent to it, allowing you to reset your forgotten password. If there is no backup mail, a message with a link will be sent to the main e-mail. If the letter does not arrive, look at the “Spam” directory on the mail service. For reliability, add the user appleid@ID.Apple.com to your contact list so that the message will be delivered accurately.
After clicking on the link, the Safari browser will launch, which will open the iCloud password reset page. What to do next:
- Enter your new Apple ID security key twice.
- Click the “Reset Password” button.
You don’t need to do anything else, after changing the password, authorization in iCloud will be performed using the new identification data.
Important: Carefully check who sent the message with the reset link. If the addressee is not appleid@ID.Apple.com. then do not click on any links and do not follow the instructions indicated in the letter.
Messages from unknown recipients can be a phishing attack that aims to block your iPhone or iPad. Then you will be offered to pay for an unlock code, without which the device will be a “brick”.
If two-step verification was enabled in your Apple ID settings, then you can restore access to an account that has been blocked using a key and a trusted device. What you need to do to recover your password:
- Enter the key you received when activating two-step verification.
- Select a trusted device. The system will send a code to it.
- Enter the received code to reset your old password.
To regain access to your iCloud profile, write a new security key twice. But what if the recovery key is lost or you don’t have access to a trusted device? Put the device on which the Apple ID is blocked on a shelf or sell, because it will no longer be possible to unlock it even through the support service.
ICloud password recovery
[block / Authorization in the iCloud service is made using your Apple ID account. Accordingly, if the user has forgotten the password from iCloud, then in order to regain access, he needs to recover the password from the Apple ID. There are two main ways to reset a forgotten key: via email or by answering security questions.
Answers to security questions
Recovering your iCloud password via email is the easiest way, but what if your email is blocked? You will not be able to receive an email with a link to reset the security key, so you will have to use an alternative method. answers to security questions.
- Connect your device to the internet. Open the settings, go to the iCloud management section. Click Forgot Apple ID or Password.
- Enter your Apple ID login.
- To regain access, click “Answer Security Questions”.
- Write the date of birth you entered when registering your Apple ID.
- Answer the questions you asked yourself when registering your Apple ID.
If you answer correctly, a password change window will appear. Write a new security key twice and click “Change”.
Standard procedure for deleting a profile
Tap the “Settings” icon on the gadget display.
At the bottom of the options panel, click “Delete Account”.
In the panel asking for confirmation of the activated operation, tap “Delete from iPhone”.
Enter the password from the “old” account and click “Turn off”.
Note. All data stored in it (files, songs, contacts, etc.) are deleted along with the iCloud profile.
Saving data before changing your account
Transfer photos and images from your Icloud account to your iPhone‘s albums and photo galleries.
Data (documents, presentations, texts) created in iWork, music. in the iTunes directory (this procedure can also be performed by connecting a computer).
Saved dates and reminders can be restored through a new profile in iCloud directly on the device or computer.
Remove iCloud from iPhone
Hello everyone, dear readers. In today’s post, I will share how you can quickly remove iCloud (iCloud) from your Apple mobile device: iPhone from 4s, iPad, iPod. Before we start our lesson, I would like to say a few words about what iCloud (iCloud) is, what it is used for and why it is actually deleted.
iCloud (iCloud) is a service developed by Apple for users from mobile gadgets: smartphones. iPhone and iPad tablet computers, as well as from devices based on Mac and Windows operating systems.
They usually remove iCloud in order to sell their Apple mobile gadget. If you do not delete the account, then the subsequent owner of the smartphone or tablet will be able to access your files.
In addition to cloud storage, this service provides services such as: mail, tool. find iPhone, find my friends. Also, this service will allow you to sync the device library (iPhone from 4s, iPad, iPod) iTunes with cloud storage.
So let’s move on directly to the lesson itself. Also, after describing the deletion process itself, I made a number of very important notes, which I recommend that you familiarize yourself with before deleting your iCloud account.
In fact, deleting an iCloud (iCloud) account is very simple, you can do it, literally, in a few minutes. Follow these steps:
- To delete a profile, take your gadget and go to the “Settings” section. The settings icon looks like a gray gear, I think it will not be difficult to find it on the desktop of a mobile gadget (iPhone from 4s, iPad, iPod);
- Further, in order to delete, you need to find and go to the section called “iCloud”;
- In the field that opens, you need to scroll down the screen and find the “Exit” button, it will work. delete, in fact;
- Now, in order to successfully delete, you just need to perform one simple operation. click on the “Exit” button. suitable for iOS above 7 (in the seventh and below. the “Delete account” button;
- All the actions described above are visualized using the screenshot below, see to make it easier to delete your account.
So that later, after removing iCloud, you will not be excruciatingly painful for the lost data and media files, I recommend following these steps (if you have, in principle, no important files on your mobile gadget running the iOS operating system, you can ignore the instructions below):
- First of all, be sure to save all the images and photos from the photostream (this is the folder where all the photos you take) to other folders, for example, in albums. The photo stream must be empty or contain images you do not need on the device (iPhone from 4s, iPad, iPod), because after removing iCloud (iCloud), all files from this folder will be erased, without the possibility of recovery in the future;
- If you are an iWork user, then all documents that you created in this application, after deleting your iCloud (iCloud) account, will be permanently deleted. So I recommend that you save all important documents to your computer;
- Also, sometimes it happens that after deleting an iCloud (iCloud) account, some SMS messages are deleted. This should not be, however, we recommend that you make a backup copy of your SMS archive before deleting your account. Although, if you do not store important information in SMS messages, then their loss will not be so important;
- I recommend that you do the same with the media library on your mobile device. Make a backup copy of your videos so that after you uninstall iCloud (iCloud), your videos are not lost;
- After deletion, all entries from notebooks and entries from calendars may disappear.
How to upgrade and manage your iCloud Storage — Apple Support
For today I have everything, I really hope that this small, educational material was useful for you and you were able to delete your iCloud (iCloud) account on your gadget (iPhone from 4s, iPad, iPod).
I would be grateful if you would share a link to this lesson on your social media accounts. Also, if you have something to supplement this article, then you can use the commenting form from the social network located below. See you in the next lessons.
How to delete an iCloud account?
The need to change the account in iCloud on iPad and iPhone devices may arise due to the loss of the password from the old profile (old iCloud) or the absence of one at all (this sometimes happens when buying a used iPhone). And sometimes the user, regardless of third-party circumstances, independently decides to change the profile to iCloud (for the purpose of doing business, for professional activities, etc.).
This guide will help you delete an iCloud profile from Apple i-devices (iPhone, iPad), as well as back up the information stored in it (photos, files, contacts and other data of value to the user).
How to backup your iPhone to Apple’s iCloud
How to reset iPhone 5 when changing ownership
Due to the constant improvement of various gadgets, any owner has a desire or need to update it, i.e. get a new model, and the old one becomes superfluous and is resold. Any device should be cleaned before being handed over to a new owner. Owners of Apple products often have a question: how to reset iPhone 5 before selling?
Zeroing the iPhone means returning it to its factory state, i.e. remove all additionally installed games, programs and erase personal information.
In fact, figuring out how to reset the iPhone 5 and doing it is not at all difficult, and this procedure will take quite a bit of time. First of all, before cleaning your smartphone, be sure to back up the data it contains. Further, in the device menu in the “Settings” section, you need to select “Basic”, go down and click on the “Reset” function. A list of actions will appear, among them you need to select “Erase content and settings”.
Together with all the data (photos, music, games, and others), with this cleaning, iCloud, Game Center, iMessage are automatically turned off. Do not forget about the “Find iPhone” function for iOS 7 users, ie. you need to remove your link to Apple ID (log in with a personal password, delete data from the device and erase the device from your account).
The contents of the device in iCloud storage will be preserved if you perform the cleaning in the standard way. If you try to delete “manually”, then everything will be deleted from the iCloud server. Even if the iOS device is already with the new owner, and its complete cleaning was not carried out in a timely manner, then there are certain ways how to reset the iPhone 5, and for such situations.
The simplest thing, if there is a connection with the new owner of the gadget, is to contact him with a request to clean the device.
For those who have iOS 7 on their phone and therefore have Find My iPhone, you can also remotely delete data from their device using iCloud.com/find. By going to this site, you can select your device and click on “Erase”. After that, when the information has been deleted from the device, you need to click on the “Remove from account” button. The time during which this operation will be performed, and it will become possible to connect the iMessage application on a new device. one day.
What to do if there is no password?
Note. This method works only on iOS versions 7.0. 7.0.6.
To delete an iCloud account without a password, follow these steps:
In the application panel, tap “Delete account” → Delete → Delete from.
In the window for entering the password, select “Cancel”.
At the top of the list of options, tap “Account”.
Erase the real password for authorizing Apple ID and enter the “fake” password in the same line.
Tap Done. The device will display a message stating that the password is incorrect (it should be so; click “ok” and then “Cancel”).
Try to get rid of your Icloud account again (the button at the bottom of the options list). And again, in the password entry panel, select “Cancel”.
Return to the “Account” section, delete the contents of the “Description” line. Tap Done. (After performing this action, the “Find iPad” option should be disabled).
Click “Delete account” and confirm the start of the deletion procedure.
Creation of Apple
Today we are going to talk about how to create an iCloud account for iPhone via computer. It is impossible to use equipment from the Cupertin company without an Apple ID.
Through the site
To create an account via PC, you need to do the following:
Go to the Apple Profile Site → “Apple Creation Pay Attention! In the site window, you can change your data and payment method.
Removing an account from a device
Sometimes it becomes necessary to delete the iCloud account on the device, for example, when selling a gadget.
To do this, you need to select “iCloud” in Settings and then click on the inscription “Sign out”. After confirming the desire to exit, the user will receive a gadget “untethered” from a specific account. The account itself will remain.
To permanently delete an existing account, you need to contact Support Apple.
How to create iCloud on iPhone
Automatic personal data backup starts after registering “@ iCloud.com” email or Apple ID.
Stages of registering an Apple ID to enter the cloud storage:
- Connect your phone to the Internet.
- Go to the device settings menu.
- Select the section “Mail, addresses”.
- Mark adding a new account.
- Specify iCloud storage from the proposed list.
- Click “Create Apple ID”.
- Mark the receipt of a free mailbox.
- Come up with a new email address.
- Create a strong password. This data will be used to log into the vault on all Apple devices (iPhone 4S, 6, 7).
- Record three questions and answers to recover lost or forgotten data.
- Specify additional data:
- backup email address;
- whether automatic updates are necessary;
- read and accept the user agreement.
This completes the iCloud registration process on iPhone 7 Plus or any other. To enable its operation, just go to the storage settings section and switch the slider to the “Enabled” mode.
How to create a new Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad
- Click “No Apple ID” or forgot?
- Click “Create Apple ID” when the window appears.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Click “Next”.
- Please enter your first and last name.
- Click “Next”.
- Choose your current email or create a new iCloud email.
- Please enter your email address.
- Create a password.
- Check your password.
- Select a security question.
- Enter your answer.
- Repeat two more times.
- Agree to the Terms.
- Click Combine or Don’t Combine to sync iCloud data with Safari, Reminders, Contacts, and Calendars.
- Click “OK” to confirm. “Found my iPhone” is on.
How to sign in to iCloud with an existing Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad?
Note: In iOS 11, you can use the Keychain password feature in the keyboard hint bar to add your Apple ID and password.
Updating on a computer
If it is not possible to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, and you do not want to spend mobile traffic, use a computer with iTunes installed to update applications. Let’s see how to update the installed application on iPhone via iTunes:
- Connect your device.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Expand the “Store” menu and select “Authorize this computer”.
- Enter Apple ID and password.
- In the sidebar, select the “Programs” category.
On your computer, the iTunes window displays a list of programs installed on your iPhone. Click on the “Check for Updates” button. it is located on the bottom panel. If updates are available for the application, a corresponding window will appear. If there are no updates, nothing will happen.
In the window with updates (if any), you can update all applications at once or upgrade programs one by one. To install updates for an individual application, click on the “Get Update” button next to it. To download and install all updates at once, click “Download all free updates” and wait until the download and installation is complete. Thanks to the unlimited and high-speed Internet on the computer, the operation will be completed in a short time.
You need to sync for your changes to appear on your iPhone. Click on the device icon in the iTunes window and click “Sync”. Another way can be used:
- Connect iPhone, select it in iTunes under “Devices”.
- Go to the “Programs” tab.
- Click the “Update” button next to the application for which there is an update.
- Click “Apply” to synchronize data.
If there is no update available for installation, then instead of “Update” the button will say “Delete”.
App Store update
First, let’s figure out how to update apps in the App Store on iPhone without using a computer or other programs.
- Launch AppStore app on iPhone.
- Go to the “Updates” tab.
- Click “Update All” and enter your Apple ID password.
If you want to update one or several applications, and not all programs, click the “Update” button next to the name. Update applications over Wi-Fi, as updates can be quite heavy and consume all mobile traffic. If you want the updated application to be installed on your smartphone without your participation, enable automatic updating in the settings:
- Open the settings.
- Go to the “iTunes Store, App Store”.
- Move the “Updates” switch to the “Enabled” position.
Now, after the release of the update, the application will be downloaded automatically when connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
Apps are not updating
If, when trying to update an application in the App Store, the update does not install or freezes:
- Make sure the latest version of the application supports the system installed on the iPhone.
- Check your internet connection.
- Sign out of the Apple ID in the App Store and log in again (the update download will resume automatically).
- Click on the application icon to pause the update. Press again to start further download.
- Try downloading any free app from the App Store to connect to the server.
- Sync your device with iTunes.
- Reset network settings or reset iPhone to factory state.
Usually, when updating applications, there are no problems, but if after following the steps described above, the update is not installed, try restoring the device in DFU mode.