Changing the Router Location
Problems in the operation of the wireless network on the TV may be associated with poor signal reception from the router. If possible, move the router closer to the Smart TV and install it so that there is less interference in the path of radio waves. Signal barriers are walls, furniture, and working appliances.
Installing an access point at an elevated level will help ensure better Wi-Fi connectivity. For example, you can put the router on top of a cabinet or hang it over a door. If you cannot move the router closer to the TV, connect a more powerful antenna to it. The higher the antenna gain, the better the network will work on Smart TV.
Troubleshooting DNS Server Errors
This method is especially relevant for Samsung TVs. Accessing the Internet and multimedia content through the Smart Hub becomes difficult when Samsung’s servers are overloaded. When specifying your DNS server addresses, the connection to Internet resources will be made directly, without using the manufacturer’s infrastructure.
DNS server addresses are specified in the provider’s support. You can also use free public DNS. This service is provided by Google, Yandex, OpenDNS. For example, to use Google’s address servers, it is enough to enter the IP of the main server: 126.96.36.199 and the additional one: 188.8.131.52. If there is no text field for entering an alternative server, enter only the first address in the DNS settings.
Using a different Wi-Fi connection method
If you established the connection by manually entering the wireless password, try connecting via WPS. Wi-Fi Protected Setup allows you to activate the fast connection mode in the TV settings. After that, a SIMilar mode must be activated on the router. This is done through the control panel or a dedicated button on the back of the case.
To access the router’s web interface, turn the device over and find the login sticker. It is usually located on the bottom side and indicates the standard IP address, username and password. Enter the IP in any browser and enter the account information available on the sticker. Then go to the “WPS” section and activate this function. Fast connection will be available within 1-2 minutes.
In the case when the WPS protocol was used initially, but at the moment the connection cannot be established, enter the information manually. When connecting to a hidden network, you will need to specify not only the access key, but also the Wi-Fi name (SSID). TVs with earlier firmware versions do not always support Hidden Network Search. Therefore, before updating the software, it is recommended to remove the hiding of the network name in the router settings.
Updating the TV’s firmware
Smart TV built-in software needs to be updated on time. Errors can accumulate as you work, making it difficult to connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi. Depending on the TV model, the update can be done in several ways:
- Via wireless network;
- Using the cable Internet;
- Via an external USB drive (flash drive or hard drive).
If Wi-Fi does not work on Smart TV, use the second or third option to download the new software version. Detailed instructions for updating the software are usually posted on the website of the company that released the TV. Possible names of the required section: “Help”, “Support” or “Help Center”.
While the utility is running, it is important not to disconnect or de-energize the device. Any interruption may affect the further functionality of the Smart TV. Do not use third-party firmware to avoid loss of warranty service.
Reset TV settings
A quick way, which in some cases helps to solve problems with Wi-Fi on Smart TVs, is to restore factory settings. Before executing it, it is advisable to rewrite the values of the main parameters not related to the network. After the reset, you can get them back based on the information recorded. Menu path to restore factory settings on popular TV models:
- LG: “Settings. Additionally. General. Factory reset “.
- Samsung: “Support. Self-diagnosis. Reset “.
- Panasonic: “Settings. System menu. Initial settings “.
Replacing the Wi-Fi adapter with an external one
This method will not fix the problem with the internal radio. But if it is because of them that errors occur when connecting, use an external device. The form factor of such a Wi-Fi adapter resembles a regular USB flash drive. Like most other devices, it works when connected to a TV via USB.
There is one more type of adapters on sale for Wi-Fi reception. They have an external multi-directional antenna, which provides better signal reception from the router. It is recommended to connect such modules via a USB extension cable, placing them at some distance from the TV. Thanks to this connection, interference from a working Smart TV will be minimized, and the data exchange speed will increase.
Top 10 Ways to Check and Repair Wi-Fi on TV
There are 10 main ways to restore Wi-Fi to work on modern TVs. Most of them are related to correcting wireless settings. Required settings on Samsung, LG, Panasonic and Sony devices can be changed at home without contacting a service center.
Let’s take a look at all the main ways to fix configuration errors in turn:
Manually specifying connection data
Using the built-in Smart TV menu, navigate to the Wi-Fi connection options. Select the manual mode for specifying settings if the DHCP server is disabled on the router, and the connection with automatic parameter detection does not work. In the “IP address” line, enter any IP from the local range. Valid start and end addresses are available for clarification in the admin panel of the router.
In the “Subnet mask” field, you must specify which part of the IP range will be used to address clients on the local network. The common value for this parameter is 255.255.255.0. In the “Gateway” line, enter the IP address of the router, which is used to enter the settings.
Finding problems with a Wi-Fi router
If you are having difficulty connecting to a wireless network, it may be due to incorrect router settings. To change them, go to the control panel. Click the DHCP tab and make sure the DHCP server is enabled and working properly. If you turn it off, your TV and other network devices will not automatically be assigned a local IP address. Normal routing and internet access will not be possible.
Check the “Security” tab in the router settings. If client MAC filtering is enabled, disable it. On routers ASUS, TP-Link, D-Link, Huawei and some other manufacturers, the MAC address of any device can be whitelisted. In the future, connections of devices from this list will not be blocked, so normal Wi-Fi operation on the TV will be restored.
The MAC address of Smart TV is specified in the settings. The exact path differs depending on the brand, on most TVs of popular manufacturers, the necessary information is in the menu:
- Samsung: “Support. Contact Samsung. Arrow to down. Wireless MAC “.
- LG: “Setting. Support. Product Information “.
- Philips: “Installation. Manual network configuration. View network settings. Start”.
Turn on TV
How to enable Mirakast on your LG TV:
- Activate this function in the menu:
- press the “settings” button on the remote control;
- in the “Network” section, activate the Miracast / Intel’s WiDi item.
- Run the application to display the image:
- press the Smart TV button (blue) on the LG button remote, or the Home (house) button on the Magic Remote;
- select “Screen Share”.
To enable Miracast on Samsung TV, no preliminary manipulations are required. press the Source button on the remote control and select “Screen Mirroring”
On Sony Bravia TV, press the source select button and select Screen mirroring.
In Philips TV, a separate Wi-Fi Miracast item located in the network settings is responsible for this function.
For instructions on connecting your smartphone to TV using Mirakast, see here:
How to enable Miracast on Android: easy instructions for dummies
How to display an image from the display of a smartphone or tablet on a TV? A few years ago, the only way to solve this problem was to purchase a micro USB to HDMI adapter. But the use of an adapter has a number of limitations and inconveniences:
- not all TVs and smartphones support the MHL standard required for signal transmission;
- the mobile gadget is physically “tied” to the TV.
To solve the problems caused by the physical connection of mobile gadgets to large screens, Wi-Fi Display technology was introduced in 2012. a wireless connection method developed on the basis of the Wi-Fi Direct standard, called Miracast.
The advantages of this method are:
- lack of wires;
- the absence of an intermediary in signal transmission. the smartphone and the TV connect to each other directly, without using a router or access point;
- high quality of the transmitted image.
The only condition is that the source and receiver of the signal support Wi-Fi technology. This communication standard has long been an indispensable attribute of even the SIMplest mobile gadgets. In modern TVs, Wi-Fi support is also common. its availability can be clarified in the instructions for the TV.
Among mobile devices, the standard is supported only by those running Android OS, starting from version 4.2. For convenience, the name of the technology is often paired with the name of the supported OS. Miracast Android.
For details on adapters, see the following:
Turning on on a smartphone or tablet
To enable Miracast on Android devices, do this:
- Check that the Wi-Fi module is turned on:
- swipe down from the top of the screen to open the quick settings panel;
- if the Wi-Fi icon is white, then the connection is working;
- if not, tap on the icon to enable.
- Activate broadcast mode. Some models have built-in support for this technology, others need an additional program (application) for Mirakast to work.
How to check for built-in support:
- Go to the settings menu: swipe down from the top of the display to open the quick settings panel;
- “Tap” the “gear” icon;
- Select the “Screen” item;
- Scroll to the bottom of the page;
- If the line “Broadcast” or “Wireless screen” is present, then no additional programs are needed for the function to work. Just go to this section and activate the function.
In some versions of Android and branded skins from the manufacturer of the gadget, this functionality can be activated in a different way:
- in the settings, go to the “Wireless networks” section, click on “” or “Other networks”;
- select “Play to” or “Broadcast”;
- select the “Transfer Screen” icon.
If there are no such lines, to use the technology, download a special application and duplicate the image with it:
- Open the Play Store;
- Type in the search bar “miracast”;
- Install the application you like based on the rating;
- Open the installed application.
After starting the program, a warning appears on the display that not all devices support the broadcast. Click “Connect”.
On the broadcast screen, click on the three dots in the upper right corner and check the “Enable” box. Then enable “Screen Share” (LG) or “Screen Mirroring” (Samsung).
The found TV will appear in the list of devices. click on its name to connect. After that, the display of the mobile device will be duplicated on TV.
Connection completed! When transferring dynamic images such as movies or games, the image on the TV may lag behind the image on the mobile device.
If you need help connecting devices, write in the comments. Indicate the brand of smartphone and TV, let’s try to figure it out together.
How to turn on wi fi on LG TV
Almost all modern TVs are equipped with a Smart TV function. With this function you can browse. websites directly from the TV. Those. the TV has become a kind of computer on which you can install applications, access sites using a browser, etc. In this article, I will go into detail about setting up Smart TV on LG TVs with the new webOS operating system.
Since when connecting a TV via a network cable coming from a router, it does not require special settings, I will dwell in more detail on connecting an LG TV to a Wi-Fi network.
Press the “Settings” button on the remote control.
Select “Network” on your TV. “Connecting to a Wi-Fi network”
Next, select your wireless network and press the “Ok” button on the control panel.
After that, you will need to enter the password from the Wi-Fi network.
And click the “Connect” button.
If you have forgotten the password for your Wi-Fi network, you can use the WPS technology, to do this, in the menu where all wireless networks are shown, select. “Connecting with WPS-PBC”.
After that, within a minute, you need to press the WPS button on the Wi-Fi router.
It doesn’t matter which method you used. by entering a password or WPS, as a result, you will connect to a wireless network, this can be understood from the check mark opposite the name of the Wi-Fi network.
After that, you can start using the Smart TV function, for this press the “Smart” button on the remote control.
At the bottom of the TV, you will see a list of the default apps installed. You can select any and run it using the “Ok” button on the control panel.
If you don’t have enough installed applications, you can add more, to do this, press the “My Apps” button on the remote control.
Select the “LG Store” app on the TV screen.
After that, you will open all the applications that are available for your TV, select any and install it. Now the installed application will appear in the list of installed applications.
If for some reason you were unable to set up Smart TV on your LG TV, I recommend reading the article. Solving the most popular problems associated with setting up Smart TV.
By wired connection
It is impossible to use a wired connection without a LAN cable.
Having opened the “Settings” section in the same way as indicated above, you must click on the “Network” button, and then select the “Configure connection” function. Of the two options presented on the screen, select “Connect to a wired network”, and then click the “Configure connection” button.
Using the control panel, select a wired network and click on “Finish”. It is important to note that using a cable makes it impossible for other devices to wired to connect to the same router and get access to the World Wide Web. In general, cable connection via the LAN port is extremely SIMple, as it only requires the use of a wire without additional adapters. Distribution of Wi-Fi in this case is carried out without failures, and the network is always available. over, the data transfer rate on the TV turns out to be much higher than on other devices connected to the same Wi-Fi.
If during the connection the TV does not see the Internet, then perhaps this model is SIMply not designed for wireless access. However, all modern LG TVs, one way or another, are equipped with hardware nodes that provide Internet access, so you just need to use another method and purchase a cable. Sometimes the TV does not connect to the Internet, as it has a Smart TV, but does not have a built-in adapter. In this case, again, using a cable will help solve the problem. In the event that there is no opportunity to access the Network, although other devices present in the apartment are successfully connected to the router, it makes sense to restart the latter.
In problem situations, it makes sense to change the channel width or its frequency. In the case when the router operates at a frequency of 5 GHz, and the TV does not see it, you need to find out from the manufacturer whether such a communication standard is possible at all. In case of a positive answer, you will have to understand the settings of the router. For example, first, the required communication channel is manually selected. 36, 40, 44 or 48, after which the new data is saved, and the router restarts.
However, hardware failure is often the reason for this situation. If the user, having entered the security key, received a message that the password is incorrect, he needs to take a few SIMple steps. First of all, both the TV and the router reboot. Next, enter the password specified in the documentation received when purchasing and connecting the router. Be sure to check how successful the connection of other devices “tied” to the wireless router is, and also try to get the network from the smartphone. If necessary, the WPS function is disabled in the settings, the TV is moved closer to the router, and the security parameters of the router must be checked.
In order to create a wireless connection to a Wi-Fi network, the first step is to turn on the TV itself.
Selecting the item “Connecting to a wireless network” and clicking on the button with the name “Configure connection” will start the necessary process.
First, the required one is selected from all the presented wireless networks. Next, enter the password for Wi-Fi, which is usually present in the documentation accompanying the access point. After clicking the Finish button, you can close the window. If everything is done correctly, the Internet connection will be activated.
How to connect LG TVs to Wi-Fi?
Modern LG TVs allow you not only to enjoy the latest TV broadcasting, but also to explore the Internet space thanks to the connection to the Wi-Fi network. The procedure for entering the Internet itself does not present any difficulties and is easily carried out without the help of specialists.
How to setup
To connect the adapter to the TV, SIMply insert the module into the appropriate USB connector. If a proprietary device is used, it is immediately recognized by the LG device. Next, after opening the settings menu, you must activate the “Network settings” section, and then go to the “Network settings: wireless” item. The name and Wi-Fi passcode are entered immediately, if necessary. Passing authorization will complete the router configuration process.
Next times, this sequence will be carried out automatically if the module is not removed from the USB socket. By the way, the Wi-Fi Ready mark must be present on the TV itself, symbolizing the readiness of the device to connect to the World Wide Web. In general, you can try to connect this adapter to a stationary computer or laptop.
Choosing a Wi-Fi adapter
A portable Wi-Fi adapter is ideal for LG TVs, allowing you to connect to the Internet without unnecessary cables stretching across your apartment. This module makes it possible to connect to the Network even if the TV itself is not equipped with a built-in adapter.
You should not buy the first module that comes across, since its choice should be carried out in accordance with certain nuances.
It should be understood right away that an adapter designed for a computer will not work for a TV, and therefore the device will need to look for a new one. Consideration should be given to parameters such as compatibility, signal standard, operating frequency, range, encryption aLGorithm and power. With LG TVs, as mentioned above, adapters of the same brand are ideally combined. As for the signal standard, you should be guided by indicators 11a, 11b, 11g and 11n. This parameter is responsible for the speed at which data is transmitted. The weakest is 11b, in reality, generating only 3 Mbps, and the most powerful is 11n, which has a real bandwidth of 150 Mbps.
The operating frequency at which the external module will operate, as a rule, is in the range from 2.5 to 5 GHz. It is important that this indicator corresponds to the frequencies at which the router operates. The use of different frequency attachments will cause compatibility problems. It is better to select the transmitter power around 20 dBm. A value less than 17 dBm will disturb the signal frequency.
The range means the number of meters over which the device is functioning properly. In technical documentation, two values are usually indicated. relevant inside the room and outside the room. To correctly estimate the required radius, one should take into account not only where the TV is located, but also the router itself. The closer all the devices used are placed, the better the signal will be. Walls, furniture, overall decor and even indoor plants can be an obstacle for transmission.
As for the encryption aLGorithm, it is better to choose WPA 2, which is considered the most secure option. This indicator is responsible for the safety of transmitted and received information. It is better not to take adapters with WEP protocol, as they are outdated.
Of course, it makes sense to mention Wi-Fi adapters created by other companies, but in many respects are analogs. These modules are much cheaper than LG products and often have SIMilar specifications. However, many of them are not guaranteed. In addition, such versatile devices quickly fail.
Returning to adapters from LG, experts recommend giving preference to either the AN-WF100 or AN-WF500 models. The first is SIMple and affordable, but only suitable for connecting to wireless networks. The second one costs a little more, but additionally allows you to connect to smartphones, headsets, and speaker systems. Both models operate in all popular standards, and the exchange speed reaches 300 Mbps.
There are two main ways to connect your LG TV to the World Wide Web. The first of them. wireless. will require the mandatory presence of a built-in Wi-Fi module.
Having connected the TV to the Internet, it makes sense to start the procedure for automatic channel tuning. Further, if necessary, parental settings for certain channels are created.
It should also be added that some modern TVs may actually turn out to be routers themselves, which in the future distribute a signal for tablets, smartphones and laptops, which is not particularly convenient. This is due to the presence of a proprietary Web OS, which requires certain settings. Having entered the main menu, you will need to select an image representing the user account, and then create a new profile by activating the “Register” function. After entering your email address and password, you must confirm the “Stay signed in” checkbox. Once the identification is complete, you can download apps from LG Apps.
below talks about connecting LG TV to Wi-Fi.
How to fix the error?
It’s actually not difficult to fix the error that appears. You do not need any specific knowledge, skills and devices. Most often, the problem disappears after disabling or activating a certain option in the settings.
checking function support
As silly as it sounds, some users are trying to turn on Wi-Fi on a TV that doesn’t even have a built-in module. Naturally, these attempts are unsuccessful. To check if your LG TV supports wireless connectivity, please refer to the following information:
- If the TV does not support Smart TV, then it cannot be connected to the Internet. over, it does not matter at all how the connection is made: via a cable or an external module.
- The TV supports Smart TV, but it does not have a built-in Wi-Fi module. In this case, you can connect the device to the network by cable, or using a special device. a repeater.
- TV without built-in Wi-Fi module, but supporting the installation of an external receiver. As a rule, it is enough to insert a special Wi-Fi receiver into the USB connector of the device, and the error will disappear.
Wi-Fi Receiver from LG
All information about a specific TV model can be found in the instructions, or on a specialized website on the Internet.
check connection settings
Most modern routers support the distribution of the Internet at a frequency of 5 GHz, the same can be said about TVs in terms of signal reception. However, it is strongly recommended to check if the TV supports the selected frequency. If everything is in order, and the error persists, then you need to configure the router channels correctly. To do this, use the following instructions:
- Opening the router settings.
- Go to the section “Wireless mode”.
- Go to the “Wireless Settings” menu.
- In the “Channel” field, set one of the following values: 36, 40, 44 or 48.
Changing the settings of the router
Depending on the model of the router, the section names may differ, but the principle of action is the same everywhere.
Error 106 on LG TV. How to fix it? Step-by-step instruction
Many owners of modern TVs face network connection errors. They can appear during Smart TV loading, opening a browser and launching from the Internet. There are a lot of reasons due to which the problem appears, so it makes no sense to disassemble each of them. In this article, let’s take a look at error 106 on LG TV, which is accompanied by the text “Network not connected”. We recommend that you carefully follow from method to method until the failure completely disappears.
change the values of the DNS address
Error 106 indicates an unstable connection, which may be the result of incorrectly selected DNS address settings. We recommend visiting certain sections of the settings and changing the values. To do this, you can use the following instruction:
- We tear off the settings by clicking on the corresponding button on the remote.
- Go to the “Network” section, and then go to the “Wi-Fi network connection” menu.
- Click on the line “Advanced settings”.
Click on the line “Advanced settings”
Click on the “Change” button
- Uncheck the box “Automatic”, and write the value 184.108.40.206 in the “DNS” field. We save the changes by clicking on the “Connect” button.
In the “DNS” field, write the value 220.127.116.11
These SIMple manipulations allow you to fix error 106 on your LG TV.
In summary, fixing error 106 on an LG TV is pretty easy. Most often, it is enough to set the correct DNS address settings and after that the problem will be solved by itself. But if none of the presented methods helped, then describe your problem in the comments. We will try to answer and help you!
Connecting to another device
As mentioned earlier, using the Wi-Fi Direct standard, you can also connect to printers. This requires:
- activate the function on the control panel of the printing device by pressing the corresponding button;
- on a device with preinstalled software to work with the printer, select the desired SSID from the list of Wi-Fi connections and enter the WPA2 password;
- use the installed network printer when printing.
Launching “Wi-Fi Direct” on TV (LG)
For a specific example and in order to show that direct connection is a convenient and SIMple technology, the following paragraphs describe the procedure for setting up a “Wi-Fi Direct” function in an LG smart TV:
- using a special button on the remote control (“Menu”), you need to call a dialog box with settings and go to the “Network” tab;
- go to the “Wi-Fi Direct” menu and activate the function by setting the toggle switch to the “On” position;
- after the TV detects the Smartphone network, which should be configured according to the instructions given in the previous paragraph, you need to select it;
- to the connection request, confirm the action by pressing the “Yes” button; optionally, you can check the “Connect automatically without prompt” property;
- a message about pending pairing will be displayed on the TV screen, on the smartphone at this time you need to allow the connection;
- in case of successful creation of a wireless ad-hoc network, a corresponding entry will appear in the TV menu.
What is “Wi-Fi Direct”
“Wi-Fi Direct” is a kind of data transfer protocol, the purpose of which is to unite a pair or group of devices into a single Wi-Fi network without the involvement of intermediate active network equipment (hotspots, routers, etc.). Speaking about this innovation, a number of features can be distinguished, namely:
- The technology allows you to connect to the Network not only personal computers, tablets and smartphones, but also peripheral equipment such as scanners and printers.
- The development trend is such that a whole collaboration is engaged in the development and support of this standard, consisting of leading manufacturers of wireless network equipment;
- Based on the previous two points, it follows that the data transfer rate will be equivalent to that achieved using the usual connection through an access point.
- It is quite logical to assume that the technology used will completely replace the Bluetooth data transfer standard, but it is fair to say that the hardware of wireless devices is completely identical to each other. Therefore, it follows that the equipment as a whole becomes more compact while maintaining compatibility (one universal module instead of two).
- Thanks to the joint work of corporations, the final type of software of the described technology tends to be the most user-friendly; in general, from the user’s side, only pressing one button is required to connect to the Network. It should also be noted that such services as “Wi-Fi Direct Device Discovery” and “Service Discovery” are used, which allows you to determine the functionality of the connected devices “on the fly”, that is, photos will be sent only to those recipients who know how to use them. work. The same goes for movies, music, etc.
- ALGorithms built into the technology allow to automatically build a hierarchy of connected devices, identifying equipment of the “Master” type among the most powerful computing equipment and assigning “Slave” values to less autonomous and advanced ones, as well as peripherals.
- Automatic bandwidth control provided.
- Information protection is ensured by proven WPA2-based encryption methods, and it should be noted that if Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi Access Point (for Internet access) are used SIMultaneously, data packets will be deliberately differentiated, that is, independently of each other.
How to connect a smartphone to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
As mentioned above, for this you just need to activate the function on the Smart TV. Then, using the firmware, connect to the newly created wireless network. It is advisable to use third-party specialized software for data transfer.
Turn on “Direct” on the phone
Naturally, a multifunctional phone can work not only in the mode of a connected device, but also as an initiator of the creation of a wireless network. To do this, you need to follow a couple of SIMple steps:
- select the item “Wireless connections and networks” in the settings menu;
- press “” or “Advanced”, select “Configure Wi-Fi Direct” and enable the function.
After that, the corresponding SSID will appear in the list of peer-to-peer wireless connections.
Like any technology, Wi-Fi Direct is not without its drawbacks:
- High load on the lane arising from the constant growth of devices. over, the feature of “Wi-Fi Direct” is such that for each pair its own networks are created, which are then combined with each other. The solution to this issue is currently in the transition to a higher frequency range (5 GHz).
- Possible problems in the data security protocol when using equipment outside the home network.
- Incomplete standards, which manifests itself in the need to use a specialized module on some devices, while ideally it is assumed to use one chip for both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct.
Connecting and setting up “Wi-Fi Direct” on TVs
Modern technologies provide for the continuous modernization of devices, making them increasingly compact, versatile and practical. One such example is the creation of a data transfer standard that will allow the use of a single module for both multi-rank networks and for organizing a peer-to-peer connection without using a router. This article discusses such technology with a specific example of how to use “Wi-Fi Direct” on an LG TV.
In general, the process of registering a Wi-Fi Direct device (how to use it with a TV) can be divided into the following stages:
- press the “Home” button and go to the settings mode (“Settings” or “Settings”);
- go to the “Network” section. “Wi-Fi Direct” and check the “ON” box;
- in the “Wi-Fi Direct Settings” section, fill in the “Device Name” field.
- The launch is carried out through the “Options” button on the remote control, after which you need to select “Manual” from the menu. “Other methods”, the screen will display the SSID and encryption key.
The process of pairing with other devices is generally universal and is performed as follows:
Personal computer with Wi-Fi adapter or laptop. In the tray, you need to left-click on the network connections icon, select the desired SSID from the list. The device will require entering the password obtained in the previous paragraph, which must be entered. Once connected, you can use the following software to transfer media content:
- “Windows Media Player”. After starting the player, you need to open the “Stream” tab and check the “Automatically allow devices to play my media” option. Press the “Play” button, in the window that opens, find the desired content (movie, track, photo, etc.), right-click on the file to call the contextual content and select “Play to”. “Device_name”.
- Through Windows Explorer. You need to open the folder with the necessary content and, calling the context menu on the file, also click “Play to”. over, this approach is also applicable for catalogs, if it is necessary to play the set of multimedia contained in them.
Council. You can quickly open the Explorer window using the hotkeys “Windows” “E”.
A device running “Android”. In the settings section, you need to find the Wi-Fi item and select the required SSID from the proposed list, followed by entering the encryption key.
After a successful connection, a characteristic icon will appear in the top menu with an open file (only photos, films or music tracks), by clicking which you will be able to select equipment for displaying information. At the end, you need to click the “Play” button.
By the way! To work with “Wi-Fi Direct” technology on a smartphone, you can use software such as “iMediaShare”, “DiXiM” and the like. In the case of transferring data from iPhone devices, such programs are a direct necessity.
Preparing for first use
Before turning on the “Wi-Fi Direct” function on your devices (TVs “Sony”, “Telefunken”, “smart” set-top box, printer, etc.) and connect them to a common Network without a router, you must make sure that the equipment supports this technology. This can be done by referring to the instruction manual.
By the way! Some device models use additional USB adapters to create a wireless data link. You should also always install the latest firmware and software.