Setting up digital television
Philips TV equipment differs from competitors’ products not only in design, but also in the main menu (interface). Therefore, the search algorithm for digital channels will be slightly different when compared with devices from Samsung.
Tuning analogue channels is more difficult than tune digital. Follow professional guidelines.
Connect the TV to a power source (outlet). Turn on the device. Press the Home button on the remote control. On some models, this key has a house icon. The main menu will be displayed.
Open the tab called “Configuration”. A list box will appear. Find the “Install” command. Click on this inscription, and then select “OK”.
An additional menu will appear on the screen, in which you need to find the subsection “Channel settings”. Click OK. After that, a new tab will open, in which you need to select the “Automatic installation” command. To start the process, click on the “Start” button.
In order for the TV to find all free TV channels and save them, you need to select the “Reinstall” command on the screen. Built-in automation will offer to select a state. You can choose any country, but only from Western Europe. Experts recommend choosing Finland or Germany. If only the Russian Federation is available, contact the service center for specialists to install the latest version.
We select the mode: search for analogue channels, cable TV or digital. We are interested in the last option. Select the cable as the main signal source. Start automatic search by clicking on the “Start” button. The setup will take a few minutes. Wait for it to complete.
When you have found TV channels from regular (free) multiplexes, click on the “Finish” button. There will definitely not be any additional problems with finding TV channels. Follow the suggested instructions.
Often there are situations when, when searching for digital TV channels, the TV asks for a password or PIN-code. in this case, enter one of the following combinations: 0123, 1234. These are standard passwords that open access to all functions.
If your TV model is not equipped with a T2 adapter, then be sure to turn on the tuner, and only then start searching for TV channels. Connect the receiver intended for searching digital channels to the TV. Connect the antenna cable to the tuner. The connection process will take a few minutes.
Setting up satellite channels
To tune channels, you must first connect a special receiver and antenna to the TV. When all equipment is connected and working correctly, follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Turn on the TV.
- Go to the “Settings” section.
- Select the “Install satellites” tab.
- “Search for satellite” and click on the “Start” button.
- Go to the “Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Satellite Installation” tab.
- Click on “Install manually“.
- Set the frequency (11766).
- Save found channels.
- Repeat the process by changing the frequency.
It doesn‘t take much time to search for channels. Be sure to sort the channels on your Philips TV. There is no need to save absolutely all transmissions. Better to tune only the most watched TV channels.
What if the reception quality is poor? Change the directional vector of the satellite dish. Watch how direction affects image quality. When the optimal position is found, fix the plate.
How to tune and arrange channels on your Philips TV
Today, many organizations provide digital TV set-up services. Not surprisingly, few users know how to tune channels on a Philips TV. In fact, this is extremely easy to do. It is absolutely not necessary to contact the service center.
The specifics of broadcast settings also depend on the signal source. Digital TV can be connected without additional equipment. If the TV is equipped with a built-in T2 adapter. With satellite television, the situation is somewhat different. These points also need to be considered.
The instructions for users of Philips TVs do not always spell out all the necessary actions. Therefore, an algorithm was specially developed for you, taking into account possible errors and failures. Follow the instructions below.
Setting up Smart TV channels
Modern Philips TVs have Smart TV support. TV channels are tuned on such devices a little differently. It is necessary to take into account all the features and subtleties of this process. The basic package includes a manual detailing how to set up your TV.
If the instruction was lost or the Russian version is missing, then tune the channels according to the following principle:
- Open the main menu.
- Go to the “Installation” section.
- Activate the command “Search for channels”.
- Go to the next section and follow the prompts that pop up on the screen.
- Automation will ask you to select a country. Choose the one indicated on the back of the TV. If you have a model with the PFL symbol, choose only Sweden, as it was produced in this country.
- Go to the “Digital mode” section, select the DVB-C cable from the list.
- The system will ask for permission to change some basic parameters.
- When a new window appears, enter the transmission parameter in the “Network speed” column. 6.750.
What to do after that? Users are offered two modes of searching for TV programs. full or quick scan.
The quick scan takes about 10 minutes in total. When choosing the second option, the system will detect all available TV channels in about 30 minutes.
- the frequency drop should be no more than 8 MHz;
- disconnect analogue channels if they have already been tuned in. Hover over the Finish command to start an automatic search.
- select the “Manual tuning” parameter in the network frequency tab;
- set the frequency. 298 MHz.;
- for the system to start a search, hover the cursor over the “OK” button.
If you followed the instructions and did not make any mistakes, then in the end all the TV channels available in your region will be found. Their number can vary from 20 to 32, depending on the city in which you live.
If the channels still fail to tune, contact the service center for assistance. It is possible that the TV’s T2 adapter is broken. In no case should you disassemble the device yourself.