For Samsung TV with a pre-installed receiver, the following instructions are relevant:
- We connect the antenna.
- Using the remote control, launch the menu and go inside the “Channel” section.
- From the side menu, go to the “Antenna” tab and select “Cable”.
- Click on the “Country” page, indicate “Other” and enter the pin code. If it has not been changed, the default is 0000.
- From the settings, select “Cable” and run a quick, automatic network search.
The interface of LG TVs with a built-in receiver is different for different years of production. Old models do not have sufficient functionality; they need a set-top box to receive a digital signal. With all the differences, a similar algorithm of actions is saved in each of the TVs.
How to set up a digital set-top box for 20 channels:
- We turn on the antenna cable into the port on the TV.
- Open the “Options” section from the main menu.
- We go to the “Country” category, select “Germany” or “Finland” in it and start the “Autosearch” process.
- Choosing the connection method “Cable”.
- We indicate the data for establishing the connection, given in the last step of the general instructions.
- Click on “Start” and enjoy 20 on-air channels.
Important! LG TVs are distinguished by the function of auto-update settings, that is, the parameters will be periodically reset. At such moments, you will have to start searching for them again. An alternative is to completely disable automatic updates in the “Digital cable settings” section.
Setting up TVs:
All TVs are configured according to the above algorithm, but with some subtleties. In some models, additional procedures need to be performed, in others, some of the actions are not needed or the names of the items differ. To prevent the user from getting confused, we present the manuals for the TVs of the most popular manufacturers.
The company’s devices are easy to set up and intuitive menus. After connecting the antenna, just go to the menu, set the Russian language and run “DTV Manual Tuning”. It remains only to enter the standard data for connection and click on “OK”.
If the set-top box for 20 channels does not show on the Philips TV, you need to configure it correctly. The principle of action is similar, but not identical to the previous options.
- We connect the TV to the antenna.
- From the menu, select “Configuration” and click on “Install”.
- Open “Channel settings” and in the additional window set “Automatic installation”.
- Click on “Start” and confirm the manipulation with the button “Reinstall channels”.
- Set the “Country” to one of the European ones, having previously selected “Cable” as the signal source.
- Set the “Baud rate” to 314 and start the search with the “Start” button.
How to set up a 20 channel TV set-top box? Instructions
A common TV set-top box with 20 channels can work for free. For the additional number of stations, you will have to pay extra and install more powerful equipment. However, the capabilities of a standard digital TV receiver are sufficient for most tasks. The only thing that needs to be done is to set up the TV for correct signal processing and recognition of its source. We will help you figure out the intricacies of different TV models and start enjoying 20 channels for free.
General guidelines for setting up digital TV
The principle of turning on terrestrial television is approximately similar for all TV manufacturers, although there are certain differences between them.
General instructions for setting up a built-in set-top box for digital television:
- Install and connect the antenna to the corresponding TV or receiver jack.
- Go to the TV menu (usually the largest button in the center of the remote control).
- Open the “Options” section and start automatic TV setup.
- At the moment the request for the type of signal source appears, select “Cable” and click on the “Start” button. In the additional window, indicate the type of television “Digital” and continue setting.
- Click on the “Search mode” item and set it to “Full”, otherwise some of the channels may not be included in the selection.
- In the columns we indicate the data: frequency. 314 MHz, speed. 6875 kS / s, modulation. 256 and click on “Search”.
Some TV models are equipped with a network search function, which makes it easier to set up (no need to enter values). You just need to specify the type of search and turn on the procedure. Upon completion of the work, the TV will be able to catch 20 free channels.
Why does it show only 10 channels, not 20?
Quite a common complaint. after updating the list of channels, half of them disappear. Only 10 points out of 20 free ones remain. The most likely cause of the problem when showing only 10 channels, not 20. is the lack of signal reception from one of the two multiples. This is due to technical work or interference in signal reception.
It is important to understand that RTRS operates in test mode, therefore signal interruptions are the norm for certain regions. Usually the problem goes away by itself, it is enough to start the channel search again after a while. In more complex cases, flashing the console helps.
This is all the information you need to set up 20 free digital broadcasting channels quickly and hassle-free on most TVs. Most likely, the process of changing parameters and searching will take a few minutes. However, in case of problems with the signal, it is worth repeating the procedure or flashing the receiver.
What are your reasons for using digital TV? Why don’t you want to use analog or satellite broadcasting? We are waiting for your comments.
No votes yet! Be the first to rate this post.
Installing and connecting the set-top box
In addition to the receiver, we also need some details to connect digital television. First of all, you need to think about how exactly the decoder will be connected, more precisely, through which port.
First, we look at the ports that are on the TV. Let’s explore the inputs that we can use in the future:
- HDMI is the most preferred as the picture will be of the highest quality. We will be interested in “HDMI” with the “IN” prefix. Also, do not use the input for the adapter to “DVI”.
- AV. has three multi-colored inputs: Video, audio-L, audio-R. If HDMI is not available, you can use it too.
- VGA is rarely used, but you can try it too. We are interested in exactly the input “IN”.
- If there is nothing at all, then you can try using “SCART”. Present on very old TVs from the early 2000s.
- S-Video is also a good option for replacing AV bells.
It is on the basis of the inputs (IN) on the TV that it will be necessary to select a set-top box. Let’s take a look at my model as an example:
- Antenna input. this is where we will connect our antenna.
- Antenna output. required to connect another set-top box.
- Digital audio. we don’t need it yet.
- HDMI. ideally it is better to use it.
- AV. the same bells that can be used if the TV does not have HDMI.
Some digital set-top boxes may have other outputs, which I wrote about earlier: SCART, S-Video, VGA, etc. and
There may be additional inputs and outputs:
- LAN. needed to connect to your home router. Thus, you can go online from the set-top box and watch movies from there.
- USB. some people think that it can be used to connect to a TV, but this is not the case. This port performs the same function as on the TV and is intended only for connecting external media, flash drives and hard drives.
Once you’ve found the perfect ports, you need the appropriate cable to connect to your TV box. There are also these type of adapters:
They can also be easily connected in cases where there is no corresponding port on the TV or on the receiver.
On very ancient TVs, you can try to use the same “RF OUT” antenna output. That is, we take and directly connect the coaxial cable to the old TV.
Now it remains to make the usual connection: we connect the TV via tulips, HDMI or any other cable that I talked about earlier.
Now a digital signal will go through the TV set-top box and send an impulse to the TV in analog or digital form. Also, do not forget to connect the set-top box itself to the outlet. We just have to turn on the receiver, TV and tune the channels.
NOTE! It doesn’t matter what kind of TV you have: Samsung, LG, Philips or Sony. the setting is still done through the set-top box, and the screen will act as a displaying device. See further step-by-step instructions in more detail.
- To set up digital channels, turn on both devices.
- Now on the TV you need to turn on the display from the input to which the set-top box is connected. To do this, we take the remote control from the TV and find the button that turns on or switches the “Input ports”. It can be referred to as “Input” or “Sources”. May just have a square icon with an arrow inside.
- Then you can see this menu. just select our port. On very old TVs, there is no such menu, so here you just need to scroll through until you see the images of the set-top box menu.
- We succeeded in installing the receiver, now we need to catch the necessary channels. The receiver’s systems are different, but the principle itself is the same. In the menu you need to find “Settings” and enable “Channel Search”.
- The system will automatically search for channels and tune them. You can also do manual configuration.
How to tune digital TV through a DVB-T2 set-top box for 20 channels
Hello everyone, and Borodach is in touch with you again! Today we will have a rather interesting question. how to properly connect a digital set-top box to a TV and tune all channels. I have prepared a detailed instruction for you with all the main steps. But if you have any questions, write in the comments.
Let me remind you that we need a set-top box with support for the DVB-T2 or DVB-C2 standard. They are used in Russia, as well as in many CIS and European countries. If you have not yet picked up a model for yourself, then I advise you to take it with Wi-Fi support, so that you can connect to the network and the Internet. The best models have already been disassembled by my colleague Botan in another article.
NOTE! For cable and satellite TV, you need to contact the appropriate companies to connect external equipment.
An external or internal DVB-T antenna is required for terrestrial broadcasting. You can see more details about popular and good models in our review at this link.
If, when searching for channels, you did not find any, then this means that there are some problems:
- Make sure the antenna is pointing in the right direction. Let me remind you that there are towers in the Russian Federation that broadcast 20 free channels. The location of the antennas can be viewed at this link.
- You are using antennas that are not suitable for digital TV reception. You can see the link to the required models at the beginning of the article.
- If you are connected to a provider, then you should call him by the hotline number or technical support.
- You are using a receiver that does not accept a certain type of signal: DVB-T, DVB-C, or DVB-S. There are also second versions for reception: DVB-T2, DVB-C2, DVB-S2.
- The cable is damaged or broken.
- Check again that all wires are tightly connected to the ports.
You can ask your questions in the comments, and I will try to help you. Just try to write in as much detail and detail as possible. I hope this article was helpful to you.