How to turn on Bluetooth on your TV
We are all familiar with the Bluetooth function on the phone and we know what it is for. Not so long ago, she appeared on televisions. In this article we will analyze why it is needed, and how to connect various devices to the TV.
How to connect laptop to TV using Bluetooth
- Turn on TV and laptop.
- In the bluetooth settings of both devices, enable discoverable mode.
- Search your computer for a nearby Bluetooth device.
- Select your TV from the list of detected devices.
- If necessary, you need to allow the computer connection on the TV (a window will appear).
- Go to the Bluetooth menu, click “ok”.
- Switch to “on”, the technique will start the connection.
- Install PIN-CODE. We find our device in the list of detected ones and connect it.
- Enter the same pin code on the computer.
ATTENTION! Turn on bluetooth on your devices in advance so that the TV can immediately see them and connect.
Why do I need a Bluetooth connection feature on a TV
The main reason is usability. Now, to connect a laptop, you do not need to pull kilometers of wires. Also, connecting Bluetooth headphones helps you watch movies on the big screen without disturbing anyone in the household. Such a function is a more reliable and durable way to comfortably operate a TV receiver than using wires that can break, disconnect or simply stop working.
How to turn on Bluetooth on your TV
- Press the “setting” or “menu” key on the remote control.
- A window will appear on the screen, in it click on the “sound” button (speaker image).
- In the next section, click on the “audio output” icon.
- We see the section “external acoustics” and go to it.
- Click “ok”, after which the search for available headsets begins. Select the required gadget from the list.
- If you require a pin code, then you should look for it in the documents of the connected equipment.
IMPORTANT! Remember to turn on Bluetooth on the headset you want to connect!
How to connect Bluetooth headphones
When connecting the headphones, a lot of nuances were revealed, so we will write about each manufacturer separately.
ATTENTION! If you have an LG or Samsung technique, then there may be problems when connecting bluetooth headphones. There may also be problems when connecting a non-original headset.
- Open the menu, then select “Wired and Wireless Networks”.
- Next, turn on “Bluetooth”, mark “device search”.
- TV will notify you to turn on the device.
- Then we set up the headphones. We press the button “search”.
- Make sure the headset is in pairing mode, i.e. blue is blinking. If the indicator is dark, then hold down the bluetooth / power button.
- If the TV saw your device, choose a suitable name on the screen and click “connect”.
- When the “Device Type” window is displayed, check “Headphones”.
How to turn your old TV into a SMART TV
- Open the “Bluetooth menu”.
- We mark “bluetooth headset”. Click “ok”.
- Then press the green search key.
- We are looking for the desired device, then click “ok”.
- If necessary, enter the pin-code that is indicated in the documents from the headset.
IMPORTANT! Only ORIGINAL headsets can be connected to TVs of this brand!
Alternatively, you can use the LG TV PLUS phone app and try to connect headphones using it. The only thing that this app is only for LG on webOS:
- Download the application to your phone and open.
- Then we set up the connection to the device.
- We are looking for application settings and click “Bluetooth Agent”.
- We use it to connect headphones.
- Open TV settings. Find the section “sound”.
- Click on “Speaker Settings”.
- We select the necessary headphones, first placing them nearby. We put in connection mode.
- Selecting “List of Bluetooth headphones”.
- As soon as TV finds the headset, you need to mark your device.
LG Smart TV free channels with Vintera TV app
Viewing free channels on Smart TV with Vintera TV is much easier to set up and use than the application described above, since this program already has a ready-made list of channels, you do not need to download a playlist. The choice here is small, but many users are satisfied.
A user with any skill level can install the application.
After that, you can freely start watching, the main thing is to never forget that the TV must always be connected to the Internet.
How to set up free channels on Smart TV?
Most of those who have a Smart TV still use cable TV, not even knowing that you can connect and configure free channels on Smart TV using an IPTV application.
IPTV. this is a great solution with which you can watch TV in excellent quality and, most importantly. completely free. Among all the options, the most popular are:
- SS IPTV application;
- Vintera TV program.
Both methods allow you to view channels without a monthly fee, so the choice is yours.
What you need to watch free TV channels on Smart TV?
So, you have a TV with Smart TV and want to watch channels for free. Are you wondering what is required to make everything work without purchasing a separate package from providers? Little is required, namely:
The most difficult task. will be determined with the list of channels. IPTV is always full of offers, so try different options, everyone will find something for themselves.
Setting up free IPTV channels on Smart TV
First, you need to connect the TV to Wi-Fi. The device supports connection via internet cable and Wi-Fi, in both cases everything is simple. We will not dwell in detail. Now you can start the IPTV setup itself.
Watching channels using an Internet connection is possible thanks to the SS IPTV application. This requires a playlist with a list of channels and access options, as well as a simple TV setup. First you need to create your account, you will be sent an e-mail in which you need to confirm the registration, and then enter the received data in the TV connection parameters. Thanks to authorization, the user has full access to all the features of the application.
When you first launch the application, you won’t find the playlist right away, since you have to create it yourself. A menu will appear in front of the user, then you need to:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Load playlist”.
- Click on “Create playlist”.
As for creating a list of suitable channels, there are two options:
- find and enter the address yourself in the TV menu;
- synchronize via Wi-Fi with a computer or laptop and manage the channel list through it.
Addresses for playlists are located on the websites of IPTV providers or downloaded from the SS IPTV web resource using a code, but it changes every time. The number of external directories is not limited, but the internal one is only 1. To download external channel directories, it is recommended:
- Open the “Content” submenu.
- Select “External”.
- Click “Add”.
- Specify the name of the created directory and the link.
To add an internal list, you need to:
- Open the “General” category in the application settings.
- Click “Get”.
The list will be valid for a day or until another code is created. You need to copy it on the SS IPTV website in the section for editing the playlist and click “Add”.
The practical service is a multi-functional player available on most TVs, including Samsung. Here you can upload links to online libraries or add channel playlists. The RemoteFork plugin can expand the capabilities of the player, which opens up more functions for working with online cinemas. The utility also allows you to run videos from torrent services without having to download files. This is a great option for free TV on Smart TV.
A practical channel app for Smart TV that supports playback of IP TV channels, videos from YouTube, VK and Internet radio. It supports most playlist formats, works on almost all devices. There is a playlist search, helping you to select thematic channels and filter out unnecessary ones. There is also a search history, a tab “Favorites” and manual setting of free TV channels on the home screen of the application.
General connection information
Today interactive TV is a serious alternative to cable or satellite TV. The broadcast quality fully corresponds to the modern characteristics of TVs, and the additional functionality significantly expands the possibilities of using TV content. over, interactive television of the new generation has some advantages over on-air or cable broadcasting. better sound, better picture. At the same time, the cost of content is more than affordable. Given the capabilities of modern high definition TVs, it makes sense to set up IPTV on a TV. In addition, IPTV owners can use other services related to television content: recording programs, broadcasting archive, the ability to pause the broadcast, etc.
You can connect digital TV in any convenient way, each of which has its own nuances:
- through a connected IPTV set-top box;
- through a router via a wireless connection;
- using special applications;
- via internet browser.
In most cases, the connection to the TV is carried out in the first two ways. The latter are suitable for various gadgets or computers.
Set-top box setup
After connecting the set-top box, it must be turned on. To watch IPTV, a menu appears on the TV. Setting up the software is generally quite simple. The remote control has a Setup button, after pressing it, you need to make the following settings.
- Set the clock and date in the Advanced Settings window. This is required to use various options such as timeshift and Video on Demand.
- For a wired connection, you need to set up a connection to the network: to do this, in the “Network configuration” menu, select the type (Ethernet connection).
- Next, in the next tab, click AUTO (DHCP) and activate it, confirm the command by clicking OK.
- In the “Network Status” tab, check the status of the Ethernet connection.
- Open the “Servers” menu, register pool.ntp.org. in the NTP servers field.
- After that, you can configure the video by opening the “Video Settings” tab, disable the “Force DVI” item and “automatic / auto frame rate switching”. Then it remains to set the screen resolution parameters, set the video output mode (here you need instructions, for example, in outdated models it is called PAL).
- Save settings and restart the STB.
In the event of technical breakdowns, defects or other difficulties, the set-top box may not work correctly. If, after all the manipulations, the device gives errors, you can repeat the setup, read the decoding of the problems in the instructions, or contact your provider or the manufacturer of the set-top box for technical support.
How to set up IPTV through a router
Important! Setting up IP television via a router is possible if it has support for this function.
To do this, you need to enter the router menu through a browser. Depending on the manufacturer and model, the procedure may differ, but in general, the sequence of actions is similar, therefore, based on the recommendations below, you can figure out how this is done on a specific router.
On D-Link, the setting is different for different connection options. If you plan to view it through a set-top box, then in the main menu, select the “IP TV” item (it can be called “multimedia device connection”) and reserve one of the ports through which the connection to the set-top box will be made. Further, all settings are carried out directly on it.
In the case of watching IPTV directly through the TV.
- In the router menu, you need to enter the advanced settings. We select the section “network”. “WAN”. “add”. Scrolling through the page below, in the “miscellaneous” section, mark the item “IGMP”. save the result.
- We return to the main menu, look for the “additional”. “routing” section, click add. A line appears in which you need to manually enter values. Destination network. “22.214.171.124”, network mask. “240.0.0.0”, gateway. IP address assigned by the provider, metric. “1”, through the interface. “automatically”. We save the result.
For D-link Dir-300 series routers, you need to enter the settings, find the Advanced Network tab, check “Enable Multicast Streams”. After rebooting, the IPTV device will start working.
At ASUS, you should enter its settings, open the “LAN” section and select the “route”. We activate the option “multicast routing” and save the result.
TP-Link routers have a “multicast” function, that is, support for IPTV. By default, it only works on fresh firmware. just update the router to make everything work.
For Netgear devices, you need to enter the “quick menu”, open the settings and “Internet port parameters”. Next, we indicate the required connector. it is reserved for IPTV.
In ZyXEL, in the device menu, click on the globe in the panel below.
- We are looking for the “connection” tab, select “broadband connection” and open it.
- We select the connector through which the set-top box or TV will be connected. A window will open for adjusting its parameters, mark “use to access the Internet”, “enable”, IP parameters. “automatically”, “use an IP connector” and save the result.
- Next, open the “Components” item. activate “IGMP / PPPoE Proxy”.
- In the menu “home network” Broadband Connection set the value “to the provider”, for Home Network you need to specify “to the home network”, activate “IGMP Proxy” and save the result.
In Philips TV panels, you need to establish an Internet connection by connecting to an access point (router). Then press the Home button on the remote control to open the configuration menu. In the network settings, select the “Operation mode” item and register the DNS value. To connect to digital TV, just download any of the available widgets.
If the user does not want to lay extra wires, then you need to familiarize yourself with how to connect digital TV via the Internet. Let’s consider the algorithm using the example of popular brands of TVs.
How to Turn Your TV into a Smart TV
For owners of LG technology, wireless IPTV connection is available and digital channels broadcast on TV through a specially developed SS IPTV program. You will need an internet connection to access it. You can install the application from a USB drive or after downloading.
To download and run the program, you need to go to the Smart menu, open the Smart World tab. In the address bar, write the name of SS IPTV and set the search command. When the utility is displayed in the list, it must be installed and then opened. Connecting interactive television to TVs of other brands, such as Philips or Samsung, is carried out by a similar algorithm of actions.
Features of connecting the attachment
Connecting a digital set-top box is not much different from installing various TV tuners. The connection to the router is carried out via a standard Ethernet connector; wireless configuration via Wi-Fi is also available. If you wish or some difficulties, you can use the wire and connect it to the LAN connector.
There are other outputs on any IPTV set-top box:
- AV for connecting to outdated TVs;
- HDMI for more modern panels;
- USB connector (usually located on the front).
To receive digital television, the TV has either an HDMI output or an AV. The connection to the set-top box is carried out by turning on the corresponding wire. this is the end of the physical connection of the set-top box.
How to install and configure IPTV on a TV
IPTV is digital television, it can be connected to both a TV and a computer, smartphone, media player. There are several ways to connect IP TV to the LED panel, which makes it possible for any user to configure and watch digital channels based on their own capabilities, you just need to know how to do it correctly.
Types of TV Internet Connection
There are 3 main possibilities or methods of such a connection:
- through the built-in WI-FI connection on the TV;
- via LAN connector;
- via external adapter.
If I say a few words about each point, then, of course, the first way to connect to the Internet is the most advantageous and most convenient. You don’t need any additional accessories, you just need to have a specific TV model with a built-in Wi-Fi receiver.
The other two methods are not so convenient, but they may well serve you. The downside here is the dubious convenience of running your ISP’s network cable and connecting it to the LAN on the back of your TV. It is also possible to purchase an alternative to the built-in external Wi-Fi receiver.
How to set up your Smart TV
- The first thing to do to set up any technique is to enter its menu. For this maneuver, manufacturers have come up with a corresponding button on the TV remote control. On some models (it all depends on the manufacturer) the button may be called “Settings”.
- Since we are setting up an Internet connection, we select the “Network” tab in the TV menu, and then click the “Network Settings” or “Network Connection” button.
- Further, it is still easier: you should choose which connection you are interested in, wired via cable or wireless. This choice must be made. If you need to connect via WI-FI, then click on it. If not, then the cable connection. In the list of existing networks that your TV found, choose our own, the name of which we know.
- Further, everything is clear and without instructions. TV will ask for a password from your network, which you will need to enter using the keyboard that appears immediately on the screen. Then click “Finish” or “Ok”.
- We look at the monitor. a message appears about a successful connection to the Internet, which means that you have successfully coped with everything.
What is important to know before buying
If it seemed to you that there was such a function, but you did not find a single confirmation icon, or the seller on the Internet convinced you that this option was available, and this was not documented in any way, this means that your TV still will not work with a connection to worldwide network. The maximum that it will be capable of is working with data transmitted over the local network with an appropriate connector.
There are situations when the wireless connection for some reason has not been established, and you cannot watch movies online or just work with the Internet through your new TV. This situation can arise for various reasons, but the most common is the incorrect password entry.
Here it is worth making sure that all the characters you enter are correct and accurate. It might be worth checking the language layout of your keyboard. You may have entered the password in characters in the wrong language. Or, alternatively, the Caps lock key was accidentally pressed, which changes all lowercase letters to uppercase. As a result of this action, the password is also entered incorrectly and the connection to the network is not carried out.
Sometimes the situation is completely unrelated to the password and after checking it turns out that it was entered absolutely correctly. There is an option here that your router, which distributes the WI-FI connection, does not work or a connection error occurs. For such a case, you can try to simply unplug it and plug it back in. This reboot may be enough.
If the above methods for setting up the Internet did not correct the situation, then you should contact your Internet provider to troubleshoot network problems.