How to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV
How to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV? DTV in Russia did not appear yesterday; it has been actively used in recent years. Previously, signal transmission took place only by cable, and digital cable television was gaining momentum in the Russian Federation.
Now broadcasting has been implemented via wireless signal transmission. Of course, this option is somewhat inferior in quality. This is especially noticeable in small towns and in remote areas.
But how do you set up DTV on your TV? Our article will carefully analyze this issue and provide information of interest to users.
Setting up digital channels
How do I tune with a cable or when receiving a signal through an antenna? You can carry out this operation manually, but it is better to use the automatic search to save your own time.
- Connect TV initially.
- Open the menu.
- Select the “Channel” section.
- Then click on the item “Country”.
- Need an access code? You must enter 1234, 0000 or 1111.
- Open the “Cable Search Options” section.
- The start frequency is 290,000 kHz, if you need the end, then 362,000 kHz, leave the rest of the parameters by default.
- Go to the automatic configuration section.
- Specify the type of channels “Digital”, as the source. cable.
- Find “Network” through the search, start automatic configuration using the “Login” button.
The procedure was completed successfully. Initial automatic tuning has been carried out, and the user receives a list of detected available TV channels for viewing.
Which Samsung TVs support digital TV?
Analog television is a thing of the past. In 2021, it is planned to completely abandon it on the territory of Russia and stop broadcasting. All transmitting devices are already prepared to broadcast the digital signal.
This decision came as an unpleasant surprise for many people. Now the owners of old TVs have to purchase additional equipment to receive a digital signal. It is necessary to understand that the Russian Federation has abandoned not only SECAM, but also the old DVB-T. It was disabled back in 2012.
The current standard is DVB-T2. It is planned to be used for an extended period until a more advanced technology appears and a transition to it is required. But how do you know if your Samsung device supports this standard??
According to the manufacturer, DVB-T2 technology is present in all Samsung models that appeared after 2012. These are TVs from the E, H, J, K, LS, M, N, Q series, etc. Therefore, all new devices support this standard.
Find your TV in the displayed list. Open his card, go to the characteristics. They must contain the “DVB-T2” column and confirmation of the existence of the standard.
Checking your TV model
This raises another question. how to find out the model of the device used? Naturally, the owners do not try to memorize a series of numbers and letters, they simply do not need this information. Where to find a specific model designation?
- On the TV case. The model designation can be found on the front or back. Usually, the sticker with the main information is placed on the back side so that it does not interfere with the owner when watching TV.
- In the warranty card. You need to find it, carefully study and find the name of the model.
- In passport. It also lists the characteristics and specifies the model.
It is better to rewrite the detected data on a piece of paper in order to further check the presence of DVB-T2 on them.
Auto tuning channels
How to set up digital channels on Samsung? On the latest models from the Korean manufacturer, this procedure takes even less time. You do not have to specify the parameters yourself, the device will perform all preparatory operations for the user.
- Launch the menu.
- Open the “Broadcast” section.
- Click on the item for automatic setting.
- Now choose “Start”.
- Activate full search mode.
- Open the Scanner menu.
It remains to wait for the TV to find the channels. After completing the procedure, close the window, study the options that appear. You can check the correctness of the automatic setup yourself. Samsung’s models usually do the job well and are not wrong. If receiving through an antenna, the device may not include channels with poor signal strength in the list.
How to set up digital TV
Given the popularity of this technology, many users are wondering. how to set up digital television on a TV? Today there are 5 main ways to customize. Digital channels can be tuned using antenna, tuner, fiber optic cable, satellite dish and Smart TV function. Before you tune digital channels on your TV, it is worth considering that each of these methods has its pros and cons. It should also be borne in mind that these connection methods have different costs. Do not forget that tuning channels the wrong way can lead to the fact that the TV simply does not receive a digital broadcast signal.
How to tune digital channels on your TV?
Analogue television, which had no alternative for many years, is gradually disappearing into the past. Today the era of digital TV has come, which is considered to be the most modern technology for transmitting and receiving video signals. Digital television ensures the reproduction of images of impeccable quality. Among the main advantages of “numbers” it is also worth noting:
- High quality audio and video. Digital TV is not susceptible to any interference.
- Ergonomic. Digital TV signal is served to users without any special equipment and unnecessary cables.
- A huge number of channels of various topics.
- Easy to connect. To connect and configure “numbers” it is absolutely not necessary to seek help from specialists.
The advantage of this broadcasting technology is also the ability to access the Internet and many other useful services.
Setting up via Smart TV
Before setting up digital TV on your TV using Smart TV, you should make sure that the TV supports this technology. It appeared relatively recently, and therefore not all modern TVs are equipped with it.
This setup method is considered the easiest and fastest. Tuning of TV channels is carried out within 5 minutes.
Tuning via tuner
First, the installation of a T2 receiver makes it possible to view all popular federal TV channels. Secondly, the owner of such a tuner can use only one remote control instead of two.
Tuning channels using a tuner involves connecting this unit to a conventional indoor TV antenna. After connecting, the user should apply the automatic search function.
Separately, it should be said that the average
Tuning through a satellite dish
Before setting up digital television on your TV, you should take care of installing a satellite dish. To solve this problem, it is recommended to involve experienced specialists who have the necessary tools and installation equipment. In addition, experienced craftsmen will always recommend the optimal place for installing a satellite dish. Due to this, the user will be able to count on receiving as many digital TV channels as possible.
It should be noted that today the average As for the cost of connecting a “digital”, it depends on the selected service package.
Installing a satellite dish also involves the use of a receiver, which is connected to the TV using a low or high frequency cable. Users who prefer to customize the operation of the receiver on their own should be aware that this process has several specific features.
Before tuning digital channels on a TV using a high-frequency cable, you must disconnect all equipment from the mains. The RF cable is then inserted into the antenna and connected to the RF out on the receiver. After that, all household appliances can be reconnected to the mains. Next, the channels are tuned through autosearch.
Before setting up digital television on your TV using a low-frequency cable, you need to connect the receiver and the TV using a cable with “tulips”. Then you need to set the video mode and wait for the message “No signal” to appear on the screen.
After that, you need to adjust the quality and signal strength scales. Tuning is carried out mechanically, that is, by turning the satellite dish in different directions. This adjustment continues until the quality and signal strength bars are filled to the maximum.
In order to check the correctness of the settings, you need to turn on one of the channels and evaluate the quality of the picture. If it is clear and without any interference, then the setting was done correctly.
Is it possible to connect a digital TV without a set-top box?
Terrestrial analogue broadcasting will be completely phased out in 2021. The disconnection of the old standard took place gradually, it began back in 2018. Owners of TVs using SECAM should receive a notification when watching their favorite channels about the need to switch to digital TV.
The state, within the framework of the program for providing the population with access to information, maintains a list of channels that are free of charge. The transmitting stations have already received modern digital broadcasting equipment and launched it. The only thing left to do is to disable signal transmission in the outdated format.
The population has long been notified of the transition to digital. But, many owners of TVs either missed this information by themselves, or did not attend to the preparation for the new broadcasting standard. Therefore, now users on the Internet have a lot of questions regarding the transition to DTV.
Is it necessary to purchase a set-top box to receive a signal? Depends on your TV model. The set-top box acts as an intermediary, it prepares the signal for subsequent playback on the device if it does not support the DVB-T2 standard.
In modern TVs, the necessary modules are already “sewn” into the case. Hence, they can process and reproduce the signal without additional equipment. But how do you know if your device is suitable for the DVB-T2 standard?
According to information from Samsung, support for this standard is present in all TVs released since 2012. Doubt about the availability of this technology? Then a simple check can be done:
What if the TV does not have DVB-T2? Look for a suitable set-top box, you can find available solutions for purchase on sale. Additionally, some digital cable TV operators provide equipment for free, or for a small fee. Explore current offers from companies operating in your area.
If DVB-T2 support is available
If support for the new standard is present, then you can connect a digital TV in two ways:
- Purchase an antenna, install it on the balcony or on the roof, connect directly to the TV through a cable.
- Contact one of the operators in your area. The company will connect cable digital TV for free, provide various channel packages to choose from.
In multi-storey buildings there is a common antenna. It significantly outperforms the personal signal quality, since it has massive dimensions and is equipped with powerful amplifiers. You can connect to it for a relatively small fee.
How to connect digital TV to Samsung TV without a set-top box
How to connect digital TV to Samsung TV without set-top box? Recently, a similar question has arisen among many users. Let’s figure it out and provide the necessary information to TV owners.
How to set up digital TV on your TV?
The setup procedure is as simple as possible. It is better to do it automatically in order to save time. Samsung TVs do a good job of this and find all available channels.
- Open the menu.
- Go to the “Broadcast” tab.
- Click on the item “Auto-tuning”.
- Select a signal source, set the channel type “Digital“, activate the full search mode.
- Press the button to scan.
- Wait until the end of the procedure and close the menu.
You can now examine the list of available channels detected by the TV. It is suggested to move between them in order, or simply enter the number on the remote control. If new channels appear, repeat the above automatic tuning procedure. After its completion, the added TV programs will appear in the general list.
Removing unnecessary channels and adjusting the order
To delete unneeded channels, proceed as follows:
- Open the menu, go to the settings section and select “Broadcast”.
- Go to “Change channels”.
- Using the “Enter” button, tick the boxes that should be deleted.
- In the side menu, select the “Delete” item.
- Press the “Yes” button to confirm and switch the TV to normal mode. Immediately after that, you can make sure that unnecessary channels are gone.
If we are talking about Samsung Smart TV, then removal is easier there:
- Using the “Smart Hub” button you need to go to the system hub.
- In the form with the listed channels, you must select the editing section (usually it is on the right in the upper part of the table).
- Guided by the prompts of the system at each step, you can select all unnecessary TV channels and delete them.
Samsung Smart TV has Some Settings Options GREYED OUT? FIXED
As for the order of the channels, the TV arranges them in two ways:
- independently in the order in which I could find them during autotuning;
- using the list sent by the operator (as, for example, when connecting to NTV channels).
In the second case, sorting is impossible: you cannot reconfigure what the operator has set, you can only delete unnecessary channels. In the first, the sort looks like this:
- Go to the menu, select “Settings”.
- Click on “Broadcast” and enter the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- Select “Change. channel number ”and indicate“ Enable ”if the item is highlighted. If it is inactive, then go to the next step.
- Select “Change channel number” or go to the “Live broadcast” section (depending on the interface option).
- Here you need to open the “Channel List” tab and go to the “Channel Change” item.
- The desired TV channel is selected using the “Enter” button on the remote control, next to it the checkmark icon lights up.
- The item “Change number” is selected and using the arrow keys on the remote control the channel is dragged to a new place.
- Pressing “Enter” again removes the check mark, the result is fixed.
If necessary, the procedure is repeated the required number of times.
When sorting channels on Samsung TVs, one of their peculiarities should be taken into account: if the digital ones in the general list are signed and have names, then the analog ones are only serial numbers. Accordingly, when sorting, the picture will be as follows:
- Digital channels will move in the list, and one of them will take the position of the other.
- The list of analogue programs will not change, only another program will be received under the old number.
Adding local analogue channels
If from the very beginning during auto-tuning it was indicated that both digital and analogue broadcasting was being searched, then nothing needs to be added, all TV channels have already been found. You also need to remember that some modern TV models no longer support manual tuning of terrestrial channels, they need to re-scan the entire range in auto-tuning mode.
- Turn on the menu, open the “Broadcast” tab.
- Select signal source. In our case, this is an antenna.
- Go to Manual Configuration Mode.
- Specify search for analogue channels only.
- Select “Create”.
- Searching for analogue broadcasting channels will take a few minutes.
Manual channel search
Older Samsung models do not support auto-tuning. In them, digital channels must be tuned manually, and for cable or satellite television, also by specifying the frequency and other key parameters. In general, a manual search would look like this:
- The menu opens.
- The item “Broadcast” is selected.
- Signal source (cable, antenna or satellite) is indicated.
- If the item “Country” appears in the menu, you must specify “Russia”.
- The item “Manual setting” is selected.
- The item “Setting up digital channels” is selected, where you need to click the “Create” button. In this case, additional TV channels will be added to the existing ones, and will not replace them.
- A tab with parameters will open. Here you need to specify the broadcast frequency, module and transmission rate. This information should be obtained from the operator providing access to the cable or satellite signal. For terrestrial TV, indicate the broadcasting frequencies of the multiplexes.
- After pressing the “OK” button, the TV will start searching for the specified parameters. After a while, a list of found channels will appear on the screen. You need to save them. and everything is ready to start viewing.
Auto Tuning Digital Channels on Samsung
The easiest way to set up your antenna connection yourself is to run an automatic search. Let’s consider step by step how to organize the reception of digital TV channels for models of different series and model years.
Checking if your Samsung TV supports digital TV
Before starting to search for channels directly, let’s make sure that the TV set is generally capable of catching a “digital”. Samsung’s lineup includes many series and even more. individual models. Not all of them have a built-in digital tuner, and some, although they are equipped with it, are made for the old DVB-T standard, and not DVB-T2, which is now used in Russia.
To do this, enter the model number in the “Search” line. If you find one, you can proceed to setting.
Set up digital TV channels on your Samsung TV
Samsung is one of the most trusted brands in the digital TV market. The most difficult task, which you most likely faced yourself, is setting up channels. Despite the intuitive interface, it is far from immediately possible to master the search principle on your own. Therefore, we wrote this article, in which we told as much as possible how to set up digital television on Samsung.
Determine the series: decipher the model number
Digital channel setting differs depending on which series the specific Samsung model belongs to.
Therefore, you first need to determine which specific TV receiver we are dealing with.
- Take a look at the back panel. There should be a factory sticker with basic information about the TV: type of power supply, year of manufacture, etc. At the very top there will be a combination of numbers and Latin letters. this is the model code;
- Go to the TV menu. Select the item “Support” and the item “Contact Samsung”, information about the equipment will appear, including the desired combination of letters and numbers.
Let’s decipher the found number in order to determine the letter denoting the series:
M, Q and LS series
After the cable from the room, street or general house antenna is connected, and the TV itself is turned on, you need to do the following:
How to get digital channels on Samsung tv | samsung tv channel scan antenna
- Turn on the general menu using the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Select the “Source” item. In it you need to specify the option “TV”.
- Turn on the menu again using the same button, select “Settings”.
- Go to the line “Broadcast” and select “Auto tuning”.
- Click the Start button. A warning will appear on the screen stating that as a result the existing list of TV channels will be deleted.
- Select a signal source. You can specify “Antenna” (for terrestrial digital TV), “Cable”, “Satellite dish”, etc., depending on which TV you are connecting.
- Select the type of channels. You can specify “Digital” or “Digital & Analogue”. In the second case, there is no need to further configure the connection of each local analog channel, if they are broadcast.
- If you are setting up paid channels, the interface will ask you to specify the operator. For cable, select “Others”. Since terrestrial television does not have this parameter, we just move on.
- Specify the mode in which the search will be carried out. Select the “Full” option. In this case, the system will search for everything that can be caught from the antenna.
- Start the procedure by clicking the “Scan” button.
- The found channels will appear on the screen (both TV, separately digital and analog, and radio stations) and an indicator showing which part of the range has already been scanned.
- After the completion message, press the “Close” button and exit the menu (on the remote control. “Return”).
Set up digital TV on Samsung
Digital TV appeared on the territory of Russia a few years ago and has been actively used since then. And this is quite understandable. Firstly, having completed the setup just once, you do not need to constantly adjust the antenna or reconfigure the TV in order to watch something else. Secondly, such television has no interference in the form of stripes or snow. True, if there are any problems with the signal, then you will not be able to watch the programs.
DTV format television is very popular among the population. If you want to connect free channels to your TV, then you do not have to call a specialist, since everyone can do this. The main thing is that your model supports the DVB-C tuner standards.
Most Samsung devices follow these standards. It can be both an outdated model and 6 series Smart TVs. Therefore, now we will tell you what you should do to set up digital channels on Samsung of modern and older series.
Once everything is found, you can watch the digital and terrestrial channels available in your area.
Setting up Samsung Smart TV
On the latest series of TVs with Smart TV, it is easier to set up analog TV. To do this, you need to perform fewer steps.
- Go to the Menu and go to the “Broadcast” tab marked with the antenna;
- Now you need to select “Auto Tuning”;
- In the next menu, also select on “Auto tuning”;
- Click on “Start”;
- In the window that appears, select the full search mode and go to the “Scanner” menu;
- Wait until the TV finds all available channels and click “Close”.
You can now enjoy watching TV.
How to enable digital broadcasting on 5 and other series models?
The most effective method to get digital television on TV in St. Petersburg is to use an antenna of the decimeter range (UHF, external or internal). The technical requirements for the model itself are also known. it must comply with the DVB-T2 / MPEG-4 broadcasting standard (have a built-in digital tuner).
At the same time, you can try to connect cable TV from a reliable operator that operates within the borders of the region, or install a satellite dish. whichever option is more convenient for the owner. And if the TV has a Smart TV, then you need to completely configure the connection to the Internet.
Smart (Smart) TV
Any equipment with Smart TV function allows you to receive even HD channels via the Internet. But to use this scheme, you need:
To figure out how to find and configure television over the Internet, it is worth considering that the listed applications may not be enough. If the provider supports the IPTV function, then you can try to add channels through the proposed replacement.
Via cable (Cable TV)
Setting up a Samsung TV using a standard cable is as follows:
- It is worth turning on the TV and launching the menu window.
- Go to the tab with the name “Broadcast”.
- Select the auto-tuning mode, but specify the cable as the signal source.
- Mark which channels are needed (in this case, digital).
- Fix the full search format and run “Scan”.
After completing the check, the system will notify you of the completion of the settings.
Through a satellite box
To set the required parameters for digital television via a DVB-T2 set-top box, it is worth going through several stages:
- Connect the antenna cable to the device.
- Connect the TV and the receiver with a cable (“tulips”, SCARD or HDMI).
- Activate the TV panel and open the list of inputs through the remote control.
- Specify the communication option with which the prefix is configured.
- Use the remote control to turn on the DVB-T2 TV.
Then it is worth again opening the menu of the existing set-top box and, based on the operating instructions for a particular model, configure the channels at your discretion.
From home antenna
Putting digital television in order in a similar way will allow connecting the antenna cable directly to the TV. After the main step, you need:
- Switch on the TV receiver.
- Open the built-in menu via the remote.
- Find the “Broadcast” tab (satellite dish icon).
- Perform automatic or manual configuration.
Both algorithms will be described in more detail in the following sections.
Which Samsung TVs allow you to switch from analog to DTV?
The very ability to set up digital broadcasting is controlled by the presence of a special tuner, you just need to know how to activate it.
- built-in (hardware kit inside the TV);
- external (separate device connected additionally).
In the first case, you can watch TV immediately after connecting the antenna cable to the appropriate connector and correctly setting the channels. And if a particular TV does not belong to modern models, then at the same time you will have to buy a special set-top box.
All Samsung models released after 2005 and sold support digital TV and are suitable for the DVB-T2 standard thanks to the built-in decoder and there is no need to buy new equipment for it.