Ways to block YouTube on TV
On YouTube there are videos, films and other information that belongs to the category for adults. The most effective way to block is by activating parental controls. The activation method is different for different device models (the instructions should say exactly how to activate it). Smart TVs from Samsung, LG and Sony are capable of blocking the necessary applications (the blocking is removed if the required pin code is entered).
How to block YouTube on TV
There are times when you need to block YouTube on your TV. Most often, when there are small children in the house who know how to use the Internet. Video hosting has a huge number of videos that may not be suitable for children. That is why I block the entire YouTube or individual channels.
How to block some YouTube channels on TV
Parental control allows you to block some channels on the hosting. For example, in the control settings, we set the blocking for all channels 18. This means that the child will be able to watch videos on YouTube, but in order to enter such a channel, he will have to enter a pin code.
Tricks for managing YouTube on TV
Parental controls aren’t just found in TVs. Some modern antiviruses also support it (if the Internet is installed on the TV, there is no way without antivirus).
The parental control function is able to block:
- Films and videos of an erotic nature.
- Payment systems.
- Social networks.
- Any data containing harsh expressions and obscene language.
- Data intended to promote smoking, alcohol or drug use.
- Horror films that can scare children.
Attention! Among other things, control will allow you to limit the time your child spends watching the TV. For example, no more than 2 hours a day. As soon as this time has passed, the TV will automatically turn off, and will turn on only when the pin code is entered.
Another function of such control is to prohibit the use of the Internet at a specific time. For example, you can block access to YouTube from 10:00 pm to 9:00 am.
The next feature is breaks in use. For example, you allowed your son to sit for 4 hours a day, but after every hour he has to take breaks for 30 minutes. The settings allow you to do this (after an hour of use, the Internet will be unavailable for 30 minutes).
Another feature is blocking on certain days. For example, a child is allowed to sit on YouTube for 2 hours on weekdays, and 3 hours on weekends.
The next function is to control the data transfer. The child may not know all the things on the Internet, and accidentally send any files to unauthorized persons. Parental control will block the transfer of selected files.
- Any YouTube video.
- Only from specific channels or a specific list.
- Files of a specific format. For example, you allow your son to watch cartoons and listen to music, but you don’t want him to waste time playing games. You can block the ability to download games.
Parental Controls are the best way to block certain activities on your TV. It has many functions that are made to restrict certain types of actions.
Algorithm for manual channel tuning
Manual search is used if the automatic search did not satisfy the user for some reason. For example, not all channels were found.
To carry out the operation manually, press the Menu button on the remote control and go to Settings.
- Select “Channel”. item Antenna, which we change to Cable.
- In the “Country” submenu, the system will ask for a PIN-code. enter four digits 0. If it is in the list. put Russia, no. others or Eastern Europe.
- Next, go to the section cable search parameters. If it is not in the main menu, then you need to look for it in autotuning.
- Here you need to enter frequencies manually. For terrestrial digital TV, you can get them on the website rtrs.ru, choosing your location on the map and the nearest repeater. The frequencies of the cable TV providers should be checked with the operator.
- After that, we start the search by ticking the boxes “Full” and “Digital channels”. When the automation finishes its actions, then all configured channels will appear. To save, press the OK button.
Methods for Tuning Digital Channels on Samsung TVs
Modern high-quality digital television has entered our lives. now almost every home has the latest TVs, many of which are equipped with Smart functions. However, smart technology requires certain handling skills: it can be difficult to understand its settings. Often users ask the question: how to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV. The tuning algorithm depends on the TV model.
Is it possible to watch a number without a prefix
Many modern TVs, in particular those released after 2011, are equipped with a built-in DVB-T2 tuner. In this case, digital channels will be caught without an external set-top box. To understand whether there is such an option in a particular TV model, it is worth referring to the operating instructions. If it is lost, the official website of the company will help, where you can see its specifications by model number.
Important! Samsung TVs of the LS, M, Q, H, J, K, F, E series have a built-in tuner and are able to decode a digital signal without additional devices.
If the TV does not have this support, you will have to buy an additional set-top box to receive digital TV. It is inexpensive. about 1000 rubles in the basic version, which is suitable for most users.
The names of the auto setup items may differ slightly depending on the series. In general, it is carried out as follows.
- Press the button with the house icon to select Source / TV / OK.
- Again, by pressing the button with the house icon, go to Settings / Broadcast / OK.
- Then select Autotune / Start.
- You should set the desired type of signal: it can be Antenna or Cable (depending on whether you can catch TV from an antenna or run a cable).
- If the signal type was set to Cable, you must additionally set the cable search parameters. To do this, in the list of operators offered by the TV, scroll to the end and press Others.
- Select Digital Channel Search / Full / Scan.
At this stage, the digital TV setup can be considered complete. now the TV will independently search for available channels and store them in memory. If necessary, they can be sorted in the order convenient for the user.
Attention! If you have lost channels, then you need to tune the frequencies using a special CAM module, which is activated in the TV menu.
After completing all the settings for digital television, visually check the quality of the transmitted signal. If for some reason the TV channel is not activated. go through all the points again.
Changing the channel list
After searching in automatic mode, all channels available on cable TV are saved, but the system will show only those that you have selected.
It is very convenient to delete unnecessary channels. From the OSD menu, you need to call the Settings, the Broadcast section. In the item “Channel change”. Here in the list you can tick unnecessary TV channels and delete them by pressing the Tools button. After the obligatory confirmation of the actions, the channels will be deleted.
You can also move channels. In the same menu item, select the desired channel with a tick, and use the Tools button to select the Change item. The channel is moved using the arrows. Finally, press the OK button.
We have tried to tell you in great detail how to tune digital channels on various Samsung TVs. If the picture quality is mediocre, check that the cable from the antenna is connected correctly or its integrity, this will help to improve the TV signal. You can also try choosing a different antenna. For clarity, here is a video on how to set up digital TV:
Setting up digital channels on a Samsung TV is quite simple and does not require any special training. Even an inexperienced user can install equipment and adjust TV channels, spending about 10 minutes on mastering the instructions. Subject to all the rules for installing and debugging the pool of digital TV channels, the image received on the screen will be of high quality.
On modern models, you do not need to press buttons and manually tune TV channels. Setting up Samsung TV channels from the Smart TV remote control will take a couple of minutes with minimal effort on the part of the user. The new TV series receive the signal through a special tuner that plugs into the antenna connector. Auto tuning is done in a few clicks.
Tuning Samsung TV Channels Using the Remote Control
In the article below, we’ll take a closer look at how to tune channels on a Samsung TV. Samsung is a reliable manufacturer of quality equipment. However, the correct setup of the receiver requires some knowledge in order to independently configure the reception of HD channels using the control panel.
How to prepare your TV for channel tuning
You can only fine-tune channels on your Samsung TV if the TV and all of its components are properly connected. For correct installation of the receiver, the operating instructions must be followed. Below is an example of the correct connection of a Samsung 6 series model:
- For terrestrial or cable television.
Antenna is connected to the socket in the ANT receiver through a special cable with a resistance of 75 Ohm. The user will receive an analog signal.
- For cable or satellite TV, Blu-ray connection, game console or laptop.
You will need to connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI jack.
- For online use and software updates.
Requires a wireless connection using a regular Wi-Fi router. Any of the Smart models from the Samsung lineup supports Wi-Fi connectivity. For a wired connection, you need to insert an Internet cable into the LAN port on the back of the TV.
- To watch paid channels.
It is required to install CI or CI cards. It is necessary to remove the protective film and turn off the TV, place the adapter in the two holes located next to the COMMON INTERFACE port.
You can adjust TV channels in this way on older Samsung E-series TVs. To get a pool of channels on older receiver models, you need to know how to manually tune channels on a Samsung TV. To do this, you must follow the following sequence of actions:
- Press “Menu” on the control panel.
- Go to the “Channel” tab.
- Select the item “Antenna” and replace it with “Cable”.
- We go to the menu item “Country”, enter the password “0000”, select “Russia”. If the country is not on the list. “Eastern Europe”.
- We follow in the section of parameters of the cable connection. If there is no such item in the main menu, then you can search for it in automatic settings (some Samsung TVs have these settings).
- Going to the cable parameters, you need to set the parameters: start frequency. 298000 KHz, end frequency. 362000 KHz. The rest of the settings do not need to be changed.
- Open auto-tuning and select the type of received TV channels (digital, analog, satellite).
- The search engine opens. Set the “Network” parameter, click “Search”. Automatic channel tuning starts.
- All found channels will be saved in the general list, but the TV will show only those TV channels that the user selects.
- Unnecessary ones can be deleted by selecting the corresponding items of the drop-down menu.
How to set up digital channels on Samsung Smart TV
The latest models of receivers receive and display the highest quality TV signal. Almost every recent TV model has Smart features. However, many people still cannot figure out the parameters of Smart TV on their own. Tuning digital channels on a Samsung TV does not require serious skills. any user can handle.
How to adjust TV channels on Smart TV
Press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Select “Broadcast”.
- Two windows will open sequentially, in each of which you need to select “Auto-tuning”.
- Click “Start”, select the search mode. “Full”.
- The program itself will select the available digital channels into a single list.
Note! If the user has lost all TV channels, then he will need to tune the frequency using the CAM module, which is activated in the TV menu.
If at the end of auto-tuning the digital TV channels have poor quality or are not displayed at all, you need to check the correctness of the equipment connection and go through all the points from the very beginning.
These methods are universal for setting up a pool of TV channels on Samsung TVs of different versions. If you have any difficulty, contact Samsung Service Centers for assistance.