How to add analogue channels
In order to watch analogue channels along with digital ones, which local TV stations can transmit on radio frequencies, click the desired option on the Supra TV before starting the automatic search. If the “Digital & Analogue” function was not started before the auto search setting, you can add it later. The application is done according to the script:
- Launch “Menu”.
- Then the settings mode.
- Specify Antenna as Signal Source.
- Click on analogue channels (ATV).
- Start manual tuning and save the channels as you did for manual tuning “Numbers”.
Analogue channels will be found if you are using an all-wave antenna, not a decimeter band. The UHF antenna is not able to detect analog TV channels due to their location in the meter frequency range.
Removing unnecessary channels and performing sorting
If the automatic search found duplicates or those channels that you are not interested in, you can delete them. Done according to the instructions:
- Start the “Menu” using the remote control.
- Go to settings mode.
- Go to “Channels”. “Manage TV channels” (the exact name of the sections depends on the interface of your TV).
- Click “Edit”.
- Select the “Delete” option to erase the unwanted channel.
- Then click “OK”.
Older Supra models do not have the option to delete specific channels in the interface. To tune channels without takes or those that are not needed. perform manual tuning.
Sorting is also performed in the “Editing” section, when you select the item of the same name. Choosing a channel from the list, you can assign it a number to which it will be assigned.
How to tune digital channels on your Supra TV
First, you should analyze the components that are available, and then proceed with connecting and configuring channels.
Further setup does not fundamentally depend on whether the TV cable is connected to the TV, or is interfaced with the receiver. The sequence of actions is the same for both connection methods.
How to tune your Supra TV to digital TV:
- TV cable from indoor or outdoor antenna, connected to the connector of the TV or the purchased receiver. The tuner, in turn, through the “tulips” displays the picture and sound on TV.
- Using the remote control, press the “DVD / TV” button.
- When the device enters the mode of receiving TV channels, click the “TV Setup” button.
- In the window that appears, step by step adjustments for the background, saturation, contrast, language, picture width.
- Also, go through the main system options: “duplication”, “channel interchange”, “sound”, and the TV standard. for the Supra TV you need to select digital broadcasting.
- At the end, specify the activation and deactivation time, sleep mode, etc.
When all the parameters are set, you can start searching for digital channels.
Find out if digital TV supports Supra TV
To watch TV channels on Supra DVB T2, you need to find out if the TV supports this format. Find out information using:
If there is support for an encoded DVB-T2 signal, connect the cable to the TV and proceed with the settings. It can be supported by TV devices not older than 2011. If your TV is older, or your model does not support DVB-T2, you need to purchase a special set-top box. a TV tuner. With it, you can receive a digital signal and display the image on a TV.
How to set up digital TV on a Supra TV
The massive transition of the Russian Federation to digital television made the issue of re-equipping Supra TVs for a newer signal standard for TV in demand. As part of an informational article, instructions on how to set up a Supra TV for digital television are considered, and the accompanying electronics are indicated.
If the Supra set-top box does not find channels during automatic tuning, you can manually scan the frequency range. For this:
- Enter the menu by pressing the “TV Setup” button on the remote control.
- Then click on manual mode. Supra is designated as “Search” on TV.
- Press buttons 3/4. Channel search is activated, with each detection, you will have to save them by selecting a digit and pressing OK.
If your Supra is paired with a tuner, you must press the Menu button before following the instructions above. After the appearance of the inscription “Auto Scan Pan”, you can start searching for channels.
Watch your favorite movies and TV shows on any device thanks to TV for only 299 rubles per month. Don’t miss out on 7 days of FREE subscription!
An easy way to search and store found digital channels is done with an automatic search. For this:
- on the remote control press the “TV Setup” button.
- Then click “Preset”.
- Choose “Auto Search”.
The search is performed from low frequencies to high frequencies. In time, the process will take up to 10 minutes. Upon completion of the operation, the TV will start showing the first channel found from the list.
Frequencies of digital terrestrial television DVB-T2
The UHF frequency range for broadcasting television in the DVB-T2 standard is divided into 49 channels, for each of which a certain frequency is assigned. Each multiplex can only transmit on one of the channels (frequency), simultaneously broadcasting 10 TV programs.
I draw your attention that the UHF channels of digital television have nothing to do with the TV channels that are switched using the remote control.
When manually tuning your TV to receive a digital DVB-T2 signal, you may need to enter the frequency or channel number. Each city and each multiplex has its own channel. Therefore, before setting up, you will first need to find out the number of the channel on which the broadcast from the RTRS-1 and RTRS-2 multiplexes in your area is conducted.
TV setup instructions
The instructions show how to set up digital and analog signals using the Samsung UE-32M5500AU TV as an example. All TV models are set up in the same sequence and differ only in the appearance of the menu and some functions.
To set up the TV, you need to press the Menu button on the remote control. A list of menu items for setting basic parameters appears on the TV screen.
Next, in the menu you need to select the item Broadcast. A list of available functions should appear on the right side of the menu screen.
Moving the cursor to the right, you need to hover it over Autotune and press Run.
Then select digital and analog channels and start Scanning. Since the antenna and cable TV cable were connected to the TV through the combiner, the system began to scan all available channels.
An indoor homemade UHF antenna was connected as an antenna, since the distance to the transmitting tower did not exceed 5 kilometers.
As a result, 13 digital channels of the RTRS-1 multiplex and 44 analog ones were found. The TV did not detect the channels of the RTRS-2 multiplex, which indicated an inaccurate orientation of the antenna to the TV tower.
This Samsung TV does not have a signal strength indicator when the Auto Tuning mode is selected. Therefore, if the antenna is not accurately directed to the TV tower, then the channels may not be found, which is what happened.
In the manual tuning mode, there is a signal level indicator, so for accurate antenna orientation I had to use this function.
To do this, in the “Broadcast” menu, go to “Additional settings” and then to “Manual settings”.
Next, you need to select “Setting up digital channels”, since RTRS is a digital terrestrial television broadcasting system.
In the menu “Setting up digital channels, you need to click on” Create “, as a result, a new channel will be created.
In the window that opens, you must enter the number of the channel on which the transmission from the RTRS-1 multiplex is carried out. You can find out on the Internet on which number of the channel the digital broadcasting is carried out in your region. In my region, RTRS-1 broadcasts on channel 30. By moving and changing the orientation of the antenna, you need to achieve maximum signal quality.
After that, you need to check the signal level of the RTRS-2 multiplex by entering its channel number and, if necessary, correct the position of the antenna. After that, re-check the signal level from the RTRS-1 multiplex.
If the multiplexes are installed on different TV towers, then there may be problems with the orientation of the antenna. After finding the optimal antenna position, you can return to the “Broadcast” menu and perform “Auto tuning”.
After scanning, all available TV channels were found and stored in the TV’s memory. Now, leaving the menu, you can watch both 20 digital broadcasting channels and 44 analog cable TV channels.
Setting the TV to receive a digital signal
From 2020, broadcasting of the analogue television signal will be completely stopped in Russia, and 20 television channels will be broadcast free of charge from the transmission tower in digital format.
With the transition to digital broadcasting, from a technical point of view, nothing will change for signal reception. The old UHF antenna and cabling in the apartment will continue to serve.
But due to the fact that the digital terrestrial signal uses video signal coding according to the new DVB-T2 standard, the owners of old TVs will have to buy a new TV or purchase a digital receiver (set-top box). The state took care of the pensioners and the costs of purchasing a set-top box will be compensated for.
It should be noted that nothing will change for cable TV, as service providers broadcast both analog and digital signals. Therefore, in connection with the transition to a new broadcasting standard, there is no need to take action. But over time, cable TV will also be transferred to the DVB-T2 standard.
Checking the TV for the ability to receive digital channels
If the TV does not have a DVB-T2 decoding device, then it will not work to set it up to receive digital TV broadcasting by connecting the cable from the antenna directly to the antenna input of the TV.
Therefore, before setting up the TV, you need to look in the TV operating instructions in the Technical Specifications item TV System / Digital TV. As you can see in the photo, this TV does not have a decoder that allows you to receive digital channels in the DVB-T2 standard, but only in the outdated DVB-T standard.
If the DVB-T2 standard is specified in the Technical Specifications of the TV, then it is able to receive digital TV broadcasts without additional devices and you can start setting it up.
How to set up your TV
for receiving digital channels
If your TV has received analog TV programs in the UHF range using an antenna, then before tuning digital channels, you need to check the TV’s ability to receive a DVB-T2 signal.
List of channels
free terrestrial digital television
The DVB-T2 digital terrestrial television system allows transmitting up to ten channels at once on one carrier frequency, unlike analog television. Therefore, the list of approved channels for free broadcasting is divided into groups of ten channels each.
A sample of ten channels are broadcast over the air using one set of equipment called the Multiplex. To exclude mutual influence, each Multiplex operates at its own carrier frequency in the decimeter range (UHF) 470-862 MHz, in which analogue programs were also broadcast. Therefore, to receive a digital DVB-T2 signal, there is no need to change the antenna and cables if they are designed to receive UHF.
|one||First||The main TV channel of Russia. News, politics, educational and entertainment programs, films||VGTRK|
|2||Russia 1||The flagship of the VGTRK. Has single broadcast windows for all regional branches. News, politics, educational and entertainment programs, films||VGTRK|
|3||Match TV||Sports programs and about everything related to sports||Gazprom-Media Holding|
|four||NTV||The first private TV channel, is a serious competitor to state channels in terms of professionalism and quality of programs||Gazprom-Media Holding|
|five||Fifth channel||It is the successor to the Leningrad Television. News, politics, educational and entertainment programs, films||National Media Group
Government of St. Petersburg
|6||Russia-Culture||On the TV channel, viewers are presented with a wide range of programs dedicated to various areas of cultural and social life.||VGTRK|
|7||Russia 24||News, politics, finance, analytical programs||VGTRK|
|8||Carousel||TV shows for children and youth, cartoons, educational programs||VGTRK, JSC “Channel One”|
|9||Public television of Russia||A platform for discussing the most pressing issues of concern to society, as well as a means of open and direct interaction between the government and the citizens of Russia||ANO “Public Television of Russia”|
|ten||TV Center||TV Center devotes most of its airtime to covering the political, social and cultural life of Moscow||The government of Moscow|
In the first multiplex RTRS-1, in addition to television channels, three more radio stations are broadcast.
|one||Vesti FM||News, conversations on current topics with well-known politicians, public figures, publicists. Educational and entertainment programs||VGTRK|
|2||Lighthouse||State Broadcasting Company. News, educational and entertainment programs||VGTRK|
|3||Radio Russia||Produces all types of radio programs. information, socio-political, music, literary and dramatic, scientific and educational and children’s||VGTRK|
|one||REN TV||Specializes in materials that are an alternative to history, conspiracy theories and ufology||LLC “Accept”
National Media Group CJSC
|2||Spas||Forms a worldview and a system of moral coordinates based on Orthodox values||Russian Orthodox Church
|3||STS||Entertainment Russian federal TV channel||JSC “Network of Television Stations”
|four||Home||Focused on a female audience from 25 to 59 years old, films, TV series||JSC “New Channel”
|five||TV-3||Entertainment and the first mystical TV channel specializing in serials, fiction and pseudo-documentary films of a mystical nature||LLC “TV channel TV3”
JSC “Gazprom-Media Holding”
|6||Friday!||The channel’s broadcasting network is based on the original entertainment programs of its own production, as well as the production of Ukrainian TV channels.||LLC “TV company Friday”
JSC “Gazprom-Media Holding”
|7||Star||The basis of the TV channel’s broadcasting is made up of information and analytical programs dedicated to history, culture, science and sports, cognitive and educational programs.||JSC “TRK RF Armed Forces” Zvezda “|
|8||World||Introduces viewers to modern life and history of the countries of the former Soviet Union, forms cultural, social and economic ties||Mir Interstate Television and Radio Company CJSC|
|9||TNT||The channel has an entertainment focus, the content is based on TV shows and comedy series||TNT-Teleset JSC
JSC Gazprom-Media Holding
|ten||Muz-TV||Russian federal entertainment music channel||LLC “Muz-TV Operating Company”|
In Moscow, the third RTRS-3 multiplex is currently being broadcast from the Ostankinskaya tower at a frequency of 578 MHz (channel 34), which is planned to be organized throughout Russia in the future.
Thus, thanks to the launch of digital terrestrial television broadcasting DVB-T2, almost anywhere in Russia, you can watch 20 TV channels in high quality for free and listen to three radio stations.
Distribution of television radio signal
in the UHF range
Digital broadcasting in Russia from multiplexes is carried out in the decimeter range (UHF) at frequencies from 474 to 858 MHz. In each region, in order to exclude the mutual influence of TV transmitters, two frequencies are allocated.
The distance to the tower at which stable reception is possible depends on the power of the transmitter. Under normal conditions, a 1 kW multiplex transmitter provides reception at a line-of-sight distance of the tower up to 40 km. But if it is raining or high solar activity, then this distance is significantly reduced.
For stable reception of a digital signal over the air, the receiving antenna must be in the line of sight of the transmitter antenna installed on the tower.
In urban environments, the radio signal is often blocked by multi-storey buildings, power lines and other obstacles. Therefore, at a distance of even several kilometers, if the TV is set up successfully, the sound may periodically disappear or the image may crumble into colored squares or disappear.
If the electromagnetic signal has a high power, then part of it can be reflected from neighboring buildings and it is often possible to tune the TV to receive channels due to the reflected signal. In this case, the antenna, it turns out, is directed completely in the opposite direction from the TV tower.
Setting up digital channels on your SHARP TV
Sharp is one of the most popular brands of household television and radio equipment. Many models of TV receivers of this brand give owners the opportunity to watch terrestrial and cable TV. Here’s how to tune in digital and analogue channels on your Sharp TV, and how to conveniently organize them.
Checking the possibility of receiving “digits” on the SHARP TV
First of all, you need to determine whether your device is capable of receiving a digital signal on its own or an external receiver is required. The fact is that Sharp Corporation is a Japanese company, so the TV may well be adapted only for the Japanese ISDB standard.
Enter your model number in the Search box. If it is found, then the TV is 100% capable of catching digital channels without the help of external set-top boxes.
If the TV was released after 2015:
- We look at the last letter. If you find a W or S there, we mentally discard it. this is the design option code. We are interested in the previous one. E. It means that the model is adapted for continental Europe, to which, according to TV broadcasting standards, Russia belongs.
- We look at the figure behind it. This is where the type of built-in tuner is indicated. We need numbers 1 or 2: they mean support for terrestrial DVB-T2 (if 2, then at the same time also cable and satellite channels). If it is 0. the TV can only receive a cable signal and the outdated DVB-T standard.
- 1st digit after the letters LE. Indicates a series. Must be 8 or higher;
- 2nd digit after the letters LE. It indicates the year of development. The figure must be at least 3. 2011. With earlier development, it is impossible to expect support for DVB-T2: mass broadcasting on this standard began only in 2011, and earlier Sharp Corporation did not produce models with the ability to receive such broadcasting.
Tuning channels on an old TV
Setting up a Sharp TV to receive digital TV looks like this:
- Press the “MENU” key on the front panel.
- Select “Install TV channels”. For cable, you need to specify the range.
- Press the volume up button. The TV receiver starts to automatically search for TV channels on the air.
- When the search is over, the TV will start showing the first one found.
Automatic search for terrestrial channels on Sharp
If the TV set allows receiving digital TV, the channels are tuned as follows:
- Open the DTV menu. This can be done by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- In the window that opens, select “DTV MENU”. If it does not appear, then first assign in the settings another country from those where the same broadcasting standard is used: Finland, Germany or Sweden.
- In the new menu, select the “Installation” item, and then. the automatic mode. Each time the choice must be confirmed using the “OK” button on the remote control.
- The TV will start looking for frequencies on its own and in no more than 10 minutes it will find and remember them. You can start viewing.
Another setup option that is also used for cable TV:
- Open the general menu using the corresponding button on the remote.
- In the window that opens, select the “TV” tab, press “OK” on the remote.
- In a new tab, you need to select the country “Russia” and the tuner mode: antenna (for terrestrial digital TV) or cable (for pay TV from the provider).
- In a new tab, select the line “Search for channels”.
- Specify which ones to look for: digital only (DTV) or together with analogue (ATV and DTV).
- After clicking “OK”, auto-tuning will start with saving the results.
What to do if your TV does not support digital TV
In the event that it turned out that the existing Sharp TV-receiver model is of the old model and does not receive digital signals, there are several ways to act:
- Buy a new TV.
Usually legacy boxes do not support HD and other digital functions. Yes, these are additional costs, but there is a second way.
- Buy a prefix.
This option is good for relatively new TVs that are not equipped with a digital tuner. Connect the antenna and connect the set-top box correctly. There are also instructions for old Soviet TVs.
Adding local analogue TV channels
In the event that, in addition to federal digital multiplexes, local analogue TV channels broadcast from a repeater, their reception can also be configured. To do this, do the following:
- Open the menu;
- Select “TV”;
- Find “Analog Configuration” or a similar item in the list of settings;
- Switch to “Automatic search” mode (or similar).
- Click “OK”.
To watch analogue broadcasts, you may need to switch the mode using the remote control.
Deleting and sorting channels
You can sort channels in two ways:
- on new models. by going to the main menu, selecting the item “TV”, then “Settings” and the section “Sorting” or “Editing channels”. In this case, each program can be assigned its own number;
- there is no sorting function on older models. In this case, manual configuration will be required. To do this, using the key, you need to go to the channel to be configured and using the and. (volume control) keys, scroll through until the program you need appears.
Deleting channels is done using the same editing function. It is necessary:
- Enter the menu.
- Select the “Edit Channels” tab.
- Use the volume keys to navigate to the desired item.
- Press the button on the remote control by selecting the delete mode (on some models, a special yellow button is provided for this).
- Confirm deletion.
- Save Results.
Satellite (DVB-S / S2)
DVB-S / S2 is considered universal because it is characterized by:
- the ability to fix any frequency. all parameters are indicated in the menu in a specific option;
- perception of a high-power signal, that is, the user does not lose the image in bad weather;
- a wide range of channels, which allows you to independently choose the main topic of TV programs.
Depending on the needs, various packages have been developed, differing in price and services.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
Principles of television and what is needed to receive a signal
Manufacturers offer several options for setting the signal.
- Analog. Works by transmitting radio waves. It functions thanks to the antenna connection. The method is outdated, therefore, active steps are taken to completely eliminate it.
- Interactive. Produces videos of any quality. During data transfer, the content does not go through the encoding process. For work, you need a special cable to connect to the Internet, so the TV must have an appropriate connector for it.
- Digital. Content is encoded prior to transmission. It comes in a compressed form, but without losing high quality indicators. As a result, a large amount of information is received in a short period of time. Digital signals can be configured via satellite or cable.
Each method is characterized by a certain transmission quality and the level of ease of use.
The image on the TV appears due to the transmission of a digital signal without using an antenna. The user receives the overall converted signal. ISPs activate the service and bill for it monthly.
The advantages of this option are:
- it is not worth spending a lot of money and time for special equipment. the provider independently provides everything you need and simply includes the price of services in the current package;
- a large number of available channels. the user independently chooses a package that includes what he himself noted.
The signal comes through an attachment that transmits the image to the screen. Providers offer the receiver, taking into account its cost in the connected package. The user can purchase the device immediately upon connection of services or pay monthly rent until the end of the contract. detailed information on tariffs on the website “Dom.Ru BCS”.
TVs with DVB-T2 support
Modern models with support for DVB-T2 offer digital TV tuning automatically or manually. DVB-T2 is the second generation European standard. For tuning, the user does not need any additional devices, except for the antenna. In such a TV, a tuner is already arranged that catches and transmits a signal.
Preparation and basic settings
To set up digital channels on a Samsung TV, calling the wizard is not necessary, since the process is not complicated. The main thing is that the model supports the DVB-C tuner. Samsung TV set-up methods vary from series to series, but general guidelines apply to each device.
- press the button on the remote control that opens the menu. The appearance and location of the button depends on the model. There is a picture in the manual, which shows all the buttons with signatures and their main functions;
- find “Options” / “Automatic search parameters”;
- select the “Digital Signal” item;
- wait for the automatic opening of the window, which displays the signal quality;
- specify the option of receiving the signal, receiving frequency and range.
The basic essence remains the same, regardless of the specific model. The main thing is to start, then the setting takes place at an intuitive level. If you encounter difficulties at a particular stage, you can always perform a factory reset and start over.
How to tune your Samsung TV to receive digital TV channels
Successful reception depends on the sequence in which the user executes the instruction. If this rule is violated, the signal does not arrive or is characterized by low quality.
- Manually. Channels are selected in an automatically generated list. This is done in order to get additional channels without deleting the already produced ones.
- Automatically. Assumes the choice of the frequency range in which channels are determined without human intervention.
Before deciding on a method, you need to set up your TV. Open the general settings, select the language, region and code to save data from loss. As a rule, the digital code is in the documentation provided with the device.
Tuning Digital Channels on Samsung TV. Step by Step Guide
“How do I tune digital channels on my Samsung TV?”. an actual question for users of devices of this brand. Digital TV has been on the market for several years and has not yet lost its popularity. This is logical, since the user after a one-time installation will no longer waste time and nerves on tuning the antenna. Or constantly tune the TV to watch a different channel. This type of signal transmission involves the likelihood of heavy snowfall, heavy rain or strong winds. Long-term exposure to negative weather conditions can sometimes cause interference, but the operation does not stop completely. About connection methods and configuration methods in this article.