Channels were, but disappeared
If earlier the reception was carried out confidently, but then suddenly the channels disappeared, the reason may be:
- The emergence of a new obstacle between the antenna and the repeater. It is worth studying the reception card, exploring the surrounding area.
- Technical problems on the repeater. As a rule, they are written about in the local news, so you need to check the messages in the regional media and local publics and forums.
- Antenna problem. If a collective is used, you need to contact the company that serves it. If we are talking about an individual one, you should check if it has shifted, if there is a break in the antenna cable.
General procedure for setting up terrestrial channels
The easiest way is automatic configuration. The general aLGorithm for TVs of all brands is the same:
- Connect the TV to the antenna. It should be clearly oriented towards the nearest repeater: unlike the MV antenna, DVM are very sensitive to the direction from which the signal comes.
- Open the menu (for this there is a special button on the remote control).
- Go to the “Options” or “Settings” section (the name depends on the manufacturer and the interface it uses).
- Here select “TV” or “Receive”.
- Specify the type of TV signal source: antenna (for searching terrestrial channels) or cable.
- Select the automatic search function (for cable and satellite TV, specify the frequencies of the provider; for terrestrial TV, nothing is needed).
- The TV will display a list of the channels found.
- Click “OK” to confirm the entry. The programs will be stored in the TV memory.
- You can start watching programs.
We recommend that you follow the step-by-step instructions for setting up digital TV on your Samsung TV. Below is an abridged version.
Channel search order depends on model.
On TVs of the M, Q, LS and K series, proceed as follows:
- Turn on the menu using the “Home” button on the remote.
- Go to the TV settings, then to the “Broadcast” section. Select “Auto Tuning”.
- Select signal source “Antenna”.
- Specify the type of channels you want to search (by default. “Digital”). If this is not done, the TV will additionally find local analog.
- The menu will prompt you to select an operator and search mode. If the signal is received only from the terrestrial antenna, then it is enough to leave everything as it is: this setting item is needed only for satellite and cable operators.
- Click the Scan button. The TV will find and store all available channels.
For the J, H, F and E series, the procedure looks a little different at first:
- Make sure the source is “TV”. This can be done by clicking on the “Source” button.
- Go to the settings and select the “Broadcast” section.
- Further progress is the same as for the series described above.
We recommend that you follow the detailed step-by-step guide to tune digital channels on your LG TV. Below is an abridged version.
The search procedure is as follows:
- Go to the settings menu: press the “Settings” button on the remote control (on new models, the button has a gear icon).
- Select “Channels”.
- In the next window, click on “Autosearch”.
- Select the signal source: antenna, cable or satellite. Click on the first.
- Check the box “Digital only” if you do not want to search for additional analogue channels.
- Press the “OK” button to start scanning.
- At the end of the procedure, the channels will be saved. You can start viewing.
The process is identical for all LG models adapted for Russia and with a menu in Russian. Only the interface design changes.
It is easy to see that the setup procedure for most brands is SIMilar.
But, looking ahead, let’s say: the order is SIMilar. Differences are only in some subtleties of the interface used.
Instructions for setting up terrestrial digital TV channels on a TV
Digital channels are configured on one of two devices:
- on the TV (if it supports “digital”, ie equipped with a corresponding built-in tuner);
- on a set-top box (aka receiver, tuner, decoder).
On this page, we will consider in detail the first option. automatic and manual search for 20 digital channels (in Moscow. 30) on TVs.
Only part of the channels is caught
Here you need to check:
- Nearest tower broadcast parameters.
Perform manual tuning of each multiplex to separate frequencies.
- Tuner options on the TV itself.
Some channels may not have been saved. The situation is corrected by repeated automatic or manual TV setup.
Adding regional analog channels
In most regions of Russia, in parallel with the broadcasting of two federal multiplexes, regional analog TV channels are also broadcast. How to increase the number of programs by adding them to the list on your TV?
Proceed according to the following aLGorithm:
- Aim the antenna exactly at the repeater and turn on the analogue channel search mode on the TV.
- The specific scenario of actions depends on the brand of the TV receiver.
For example, on a Samsung TV, it is necessary to specifically indicate that only digital channels should be taken into account when scanning: the auto-tuning system will search by default for everything that is received from the antenna. If you need to catch an analog signal, select the appropriate item.
- After all TV channels are found, fix them in the TV receiver’s memory.
Channels are not caught at all, “no signal”
Check the following factors:
- Serviceability of equipment
(the TV itself, the antenna and the cable connecting them). If problems are found, it is better to contact the repairmen;
- Antenna alignment.
UHF antennas are extremely sensitive to the direction from which the signal comes. You may be able to resolve the problem by reorienting the antenna.
- Distance to the repeater and its power.
This information can be obtained on the RTRS service. Perhaps you are in a “blind spot” that is not yet covered by broadcasting. Until new towers are built, there will be no reception in this area. It remains to use only satellite broadcasting, which is available wherever the direction to the south is free.
- Radio shade from nearby natural objects (hills, mountains and other elevations) and man-made nature (capital buildings made of steel and reinforced concrete), which can interfere with the signal transmission. You can fix it by changing the position of the antenna (for example, raising it higher to get out of the radio shade), adjusting the reception of the reflected signal. You can also try to catch the broadcast from another broadcaster if it is within 30-40 km from you.
If automatic tuning does not give any results or shows an insufficient number of channels, proceed as follows:
- Find your location using the RTRS online service and click on it. The parameters will open, in which the frequencies of the digital channels for the 2 nearest towers are indicated. Write down these values (in the example below, highlighted in gray).
- Go to the menu and then to the “Settings” mode.
- Select the item “TV”, but now go not to the autosearch section, but to the item with manual setting.
- Select signal source “antenna”.
- Enter the frequency (MHz) and channel number (TVC) values for the 1st multiplex that you recorded in the first step.
- Run search.
- After the channels are found, store them in the memory of the TV receiver.
- Repeat the search procedure for the 2nd multiplex using the appropriate values.
- You can start viewing.
How to tune 20 channels on your TV
Almost the entire country has switched to digital television, which means that twenty digital terrestrial channels are available in almost any locality. Now, in any city or village, you can watch 20 channels in high definition for free, no need to pay a monthly fee or buy expensive equipment for satellite reception.
All you need Antenna and TV itself supporting DVB-T2 format.
Checking the TV for DVB-T2 reception.
First, we check whether your TV supports DVB-T2, since it is in this format that digital television is broadcast on the territory of the Russian Federation.
This information can be found in the instructions of your TV, check the product passport, this information should be indicated in it.
There is also another way, using the Internet, for this we go to the site See the figure of the Russian Federation. Here we find the item
Check if your TV accepts digital terrestrial TV, enter the brand and model of TV, and see if it is possible to receive a digital or not.
Manual channel search
Almost all TVs have the ability to tune the channel in Manual mode. To do this, you need to know the frequency of your multiplexes. You can find out by going to the RTRS website by selecting the Interactive Map. After that, select your locality and click on the TV tower icon. You will be shown the frequency of the first and second packet of ptrs channels with frequency indication.
After you find out the frequency, go to the TV menu.
- Find the menu item Channels.
- Do not forget to set the Receive Mode Ether.
- Next, we are looking for the Manual tuning section, if you have a Philips TV, you need the Signal Test item.
- Here we just drive the desired frequency and start scanning, after the channels are found, save them.
- Then we drive the next frequency of the second channel multiplex.
As you can see, manual search for digital channels is very SIMple and fast, thus it does not take much of your time.
Antenna for receiving 20 digital channels.
In order to catch a digital signal, an antenna is needed; it can be both indoor and outdoor with an amplifier. It all depends on several factors. The antenna must be of the DCM range, since the multiplexes are located exactly in it.
- How far is the TV tower from you?
- Building density and what floor you live on, also pay attention to where the windows go if there is a direct line of sight of the TV tower, this must be taken into account in the city.
- If you live in a city in an apartment building, ask your management company about a collective antenna, if it is present, feel free to connect to it.
- The reception also depends on the power level of the transmitter and the location of industrial objects that cause interference.
- Most importantly, the closer you are to the TV tower, the better the reception.
- Then the signal will be caught on a SIMple copper cable.
- For example, in some cases, it will be easier to catch digital channels in the country than in the city.
Setting up digital channels
In order to tune 20 digital channels on your TV, you need to do a few steps in the TV settings menu.
for this we take the remote control and press the Menu button. In different TV models, it may be called differently. For example, for Smart TV, you must press the HOME button.
This is the easiest way to set up digital terrestrial TV on your TV.
If, after setting twenty channels, they show with interference, you can see the input signal level.
To do this, find the Signal Information item, where the strength and quality of the received signal will be shown.
The higher the score, the better.
Preparing the TV
Before proceeding with direct channel tuning, you must connect the TV to the broadcast source. With an analog signal, the cable of the antenna or cable TV operator is connected directly to the antenna input of the TV (marked in the photo):
In this case, it is worth considering separately the situation in which more than one TV is used in the apartment. In this case, a special antenna splitter is used for connection, which in most cases has two or three outputs:
How to tune channels from a conventional antenna to multiple TVs?
Often people complain that in one room the channels on the TV are tuned worse than in another. Some of them are missing, while the rest have interference. This is due to the wrong connection. It is important that both TVs are equidistant from the main cable. Otherwise, the one that is located closer will take over most of the signal. Also, to connect two or more TVs, you should use a high quality cable that is better protected from interference. Therefore, the standard cheap cable, which is usually offered by many cable TV operators, will not work here.
Analogue Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes in the process of tuning channels certain questions may arise, some of which are discussed below.
How to tune channels on a TV without a remote control?
The process of automatic and manual setup in this case occurs in a SIMilar way, but to access the TV menu, the buttons located directly on its body are used:
If there are no such buttons, you need to purchase a remote control.
How to tune channels on your TV
If you have purchased a new TV set, changed your cable TV operator or broadcast type, then the first procedure you have to face is setting up TV channels on your TV.
There are three main types of broadcasting, depending on the method of signal reception:
- over-the-air. the broadcast from the TV tower is transmitted to a regular antenna;
- cable. channel packages from the operator’s distribution center are transmitted to subscribers’ apartments by wire method;
- satellite. the signal from the satellite is transmitted to a parabolic antenna (dish) and converted by the receiver.
In turn, terrestrial and cable television can be analog and digital. The second one has a higher quality of image and sound, but to view it, additional equipment may be required in the form of a digital set-top box (tuner), especially when it comes to the old TV model.
Within the framework of this article, the automatic and manual tuning of analog channels on the TV is considered (for cable channels, everything will be identical).
How to tune channels on an old TV?
In the absence of a menu, channel tuning is carried out by special controls, which can be located under the switch buttons or on the back side near the antenna connector. In addition, on old domestic televisions such as “Electron” or “Rubin” and portable car TV receivers, band switching is provided using jumpers, sliders or buttons. Tuning of television channels for such devices is performed only by hands.
How to automatically tune channels on your TV
This is the easiest way to set up and requires a minimum of effort and knowledge. The TV itself finds all available channels and remembers them.
To enter the automatic tuning mode, enter the TV menu by pressing the MENU button on the remote control. Depending on your TV model, this button may also be indicated by the words HOME, INPUT, OPTION, SETTINGS or special symbols in the form of three longitudinal stripes, a house, an arrow in a square, and others. detailed information on this matter contains the instruction manual for the operation and tuning of TV channels. Some designation options for the menu button are shown in the photo:
After entering the menu, use the navigation buttons to select the “Channel setup”. “Automatic setup” item. After that, indicate what type of television you are going to tune (terrestrial or cable) and start the search process by pressing the ENTER / OK button. On different TV models, the names of the described menu items may slightly differ, so in case of difficulty, refer to the instructions. The approximate menu screen might look like this:
In some cases, before tuning channels on a conventional antenna, you must additionally select the region of your location. To do this, in the setup menu, find the item COUNTRY or REGION and select the corresponding entry in the list.
After the auto tuning of channels is complete, a sort menu may appear on the TV, with which you can arrange the found channels in an order convenient for viewing.
It is worth noting that when changing or adding transmitted channels by the cable TV operator, the setting must be done again.
How to manually tune channels on your TV
For all its apparent SIMplicity of automatic configuration, it has several significant disadvantages. Some channels may be repetitive, distorted picture or sound. In this case, you should correct the situation manually. Here is a step-by-step guide for manually setting up TV channels:
- In the Channel Tuning menu, use the navigation buttons to select Manual Tuning and press ENTER / OK.
- Select the “Program” item and assign a serial number to the channel by pressing the numeric buttons on the remote control.
- Select the color system of your area of residence: PAL, SECAM, NTSC or AUTO.
- Select a sound system: 2.0 (stereo), 5.1, etc.
- Search for the channel and, if successful, add it to the TV memory by pressing the Save button.
- Repeat the same procedure for all required channels.
The manual channel setup menu might look like this:
It should be remembered that all actions in the proposed instruction are confirmed by pressing the ENTER / OK button.
What to do if channel tuning gets lost?
If you have tuned channels in automatic mode, try running manual search. If the channels fail again, the cause should be looked for in a bad broadcast signal, a faulty cable or a breakdown of the TV. Read more:
Manual Channel Tuning
Manual tuning for television channels is absolutely necessary, because the automatic one records some unsatisfactorily. For example, doubles often appear, a poor-quality image, and there may be no sound. They are removed. But if the channel needs to be saved, you will have to act manually. This is done like this:
- look for “Channel setup”, “Manual tuning” in the menu and press ENTER / OK;
- select “Program” and assign numbers to the channels;
- select the color system: PAL or SECAM, sound: 2.0 (stereo), 5.1, etc.;
- conduct a “Search” channel, if it works, click “Save”.
If necessary, these steps are repeated for each of the TV channels. They must be confirmed by pressing ENTER / OK.
Tuning TV without antenna
Having high-quality cable Internet, you can watch TV without an antenna. To do this, connect the cable to the TV set-top box. There is one more plus, channels of the former CIS countries with excellent quality will become available. Now the vagaries of the weather will not affect the broadcast. There is one more positive point, it is that the missed film can be watched later at any convenient time. What is Smart TV can be found in the corresponding section of our website.
Let’s take a look at how to set up a Smart TV. You can connect it in the following ways: connect a router (router) and a computer with a cable, or use the Wi-Fi service. To ensure SIMultaneous access of a computer and TV via a 3G modem, a TP-Link TL-MR3420 router is used, it is also suitable for a cable network. Modern Smart TVs are equipped with a special output for connecting to a loyal network, it is connected with a cable to the router. In this case, the router gives the TV an IP address and all other necessary settings. Nothing else to do, TV is ready to go.
Some TVs have built-in Wi-Fi or the ability to connect a Wi-Fi adapter, purchased separately. Which adapter to choose is indicated in the TV manual. One more condition, the router must also have Wi-Fi. This technical capability does not require pulling the cable from the router to the TV.
Connecting via wi-fi, go to the “Network Connection”, and select the desired network, indicate the password for access to wi-fi. After that, an IP address for the TV device will be automatically assigned.
Setting up digital channels
High Definition Television (HDTV) is the modern standard for the transmission of compressed signals. This technology provides the highest picture quality. All modern TVs with a DVB-C tuner now have the ability to tune digital channels. But such a TV must also have HD viewing capabilities. This new technology is becoming more accessible to a wide range of users. Various offices appear offering tuning for digital channels. But you can deal with this problem yourself and for free.
With general knowledge and manufacturer’s instructions, it is easy to set up any TV. First, the lines are marked:
- “Options”, “Automatic tuning”, mark the source and press “Start”;
- put the cursor on “Digital” and press “Start”;
- “Search Mode” and “Full” option;
- enter the following data into the fields: frequency (kHz). 314,000 (314 MHz), modulation. 256 QAM, speed. 6875 kS / s.
Modern TVs are equipped with a network search, you just need to turn it on and wait. All parameters will be entered automatically. To add new digital TV channels, do a rescanning. After that they appear in the list.
How to tune the TV to receive channels
You can set up the TV to receive channels according to our instructions. Use the Settings Wizard that opens when you first turn on the TV.
Automatic and manual process.
The setup procedure can be complicated with satellite or cable TV.
In most cases, automatic search copes with its tasks, and after the procedure, the user only has to delete unnecessary channels from the list.
But sometimes the equipment does not correctly take into account the scanning range, signal source, etc. Then the procedure can be performed manually or with the selection of new parameters. Of course, if we are talking only about new generations of TVs. In older owners, only manual mode is usually available.
There are no particular advantages in choosing one or another method of searching for channels. The first, automatic, saves time, provides high accuracy, is suitable even for inexperienced users, but sometimes it can make mistakes. The second, manual, requires more time and knowledge, but allows you to configure channels in more detail, including with poor reception quality.
If none of the methods succeeded, you can use the services of a telemaster. The cost of the call will depend on the region of residence, distance from the workshop and its pricing policy. Alternatively, you can consider contacting volunteer organizations that can help with the transition to the new TV format for free.
How to set up an old TV
On the old TV, the TV channels are tuned with special control buttons. For most models, they are located under the switches or near the antenna connector on the back of the panel. Channel frequency controllers should be looked for under special covers or in drawers.
Setting up an older TV is always done manually. Very often, when you turn it on again, it becomes necessary for additional adjustment, due to the lack of memory systems. If desired, digital channels can be obtained by connecting the DVA-T2 set-top box.
Setting up satellite channels
How to tune satellite channels if a dish is installed. The cable connects the receiver and TV, putting it into monitor mode. The desired satellite is marked with the remote control from the tuner. In the menu of the receiver, select its scan. The easiest way is to entrust this to an automatic search, which immediately does everything on its own, without requiring you to enter the transponder settings manually. Before that, it is advisable to study the instructions that come with the device. It details how to set up digital channels on your new TV.
There are a lot of such channels, so you need to choose those digital channels that you like more and will be watched at least sometimes. Do not forget, when the image deteriorates, the reason may be strong wind and rain, so sometimes the position of the plate is corrected.
How to set up a new TV
To connect a new TV to a conventional antenna, you must definitely switch to your native language. To do this, the tunable receiver is connected to the antenna cable, then by long pressing “OK”, they call up the menu, look for the item “Country”, the word LANGUAGE and select RUSSIAN. Now all the menu will be in Russian.
Automatically tune channels on your TV
How to tune the TV automatically? Almost cable TV, as well as analog, are set up in the same way. Perform it after concluding a service contract with the provider.
The receiver is turned on, the message “channels are not tuned” will appear on the monitor. Using the remote control, call the “Menu”, move the cursor one by one to the lines “Channel tuning”, “Automatic tuning” and indicate the type of broadcasting that needs to be tuned. Now it remains to press ENTER / OK. The TV set begins to tune to the channels, scanning the entire frequency range. It takes several minutes of time and depends on their number, at the end of the TV will show all the saved TV channels. If it didn’t work, open it and study the instructions that come with the device. It contains a detailed description of how to set up for this TV.
When the TV operator adds new channels, the tuning is done again, for this use the edit line. But even after restarting automatic tuning, all previously recorded channels are saved, and new ones are SIMply added to free numbers.
Setting up the TV image is done like this: in the “Service menu” find the line “Image”. The options you want appear: Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, and Color. Use the cursor arrows to change them, choosing the most suitable for the eye.
Once having set up TV on their own, each user will be able to apply this knowledge again, one cannot do without them, because very often new television channels appear on the network or the signal source changes. You have to wait for the wizard for hours, at a time when the entire TV setup takes a few minutes, and most importantly, you don’t have to miss your favorite show.
Satellite television allows you to receive a digital signal, but the number of free channels is increasing significantly. To activate, you need a dish, convectors, an antenna and a tuner.
To determine the number of available channels in a particular region, you can open a special map on the RTRS. Regions with broadcasting and areas where the signal is only being established are marked with special icons on the map.
3 multiplexes should appear soon. The channel list defines each region independently.
How to connect 20 free digital TV channels
Before setting up digital channels, you must open the main menu using the remote control. Then proceed to automatic or manual search.
The new TVs with Smart Platforms are much easier to set up. It is necessary to perform the transition “Menu” / “Broadcasts” / “Auto-tuning” / “Start” / “Scanner”; Then wait for the display of all channels and complete the setting with the “Close” button.
An antenna is required to capture the digital signal. They are used indoor, outdoor and with signal amplification. The final choice depends on:
- antenna distance from TV tower;
- floor, window exit, city;
- the ability to connect to a collective antenna;
- distance from industrial areas;
The closer to the tower, the better the reception. These factors explain the phenomenon of why the signal is better in a dacha far from the benefits of civilization than in the city center. In terms of power, antennas are active and passive. The latter are much more powerful, but they are also more expensive and require more electricity. In sleeping areas and to watch television in the country, a passive antenna will be enough. Active ones are needed for those areas where the signal is weak. Depending on the design:
A good signal is possible if the antenna power and its design are correctly selected.
How to connect and configure 20 free digital TV channels
“How to connect and set up 20 free digital channels on a TV?” Is a frequent question after taking a series of steps to turn off analog TV. The advent of digital television has created a lot of excitement, since the quality of television is much higher and accessible to everyone. It can be connected to both modern devices and old models. Residents of Russia can use both cable TV and satellite. But the figure allows you to watch 20 channels for free. Lots of companies offer connectivity services. How to independently adjust the number in this article.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
The main task of the TV is to quickly and clearly catch the signal and display it on the screen. Buying a TV with a built-in gadget will save you money on buying a set-top box. It will also greatly SIMplify the connection process.
Before the next stage of setup, you need to make sure that the receiver is properly connected to the TV.
It is an easy way to set up. To activate you need:
- perform the transition “Menu” / “Channel”;
- select the reception mode. Antenna, Ether or DVB-T2;
- activate autosearch;
- set type. DTV.
Then confirm the actions by clicking OK. Wait a few seconds for the system to automatically search.
Search through receiver
To activate via the receiver, you must first configure it.
- Take the set-top box out of the box and be sure to remove the tape so that the tuner does not overheat.
- Cut the TV cable 1.5 cm so that the cable is slightly exposed.
- Peel back the protective film and insert the cable into the appropriate connector.
- Connect the cable to the set-top box and TV.
- Connect antenna to TV.
Then proceed to manual or automatic settings.
Tuning in automatic mode
Let’s take a look at how to tune channels on the most common TV brands:
- Different Samsung series may differ only in the names of the menu items. Samsung has a fairly SIMple setup aLGorithm. select “Broadcast”, double-click on “Auto-tuning” and start the “Start” process. For terrestrial digital television, select the item “Antenna” and determine the type of channels you want to find. “Digital” or “Digital and analog”. It is recommended to select full search and then start auto scan. In the zone of reliable reception, which is characterized by a large number of TV channels, the search will take up to 10-15 minutes.
- Setting up digital TV on LG TVs is also easy. Use the following aLGorithm: select “Options”, go to “Settings” and “Autosearch”. After selecting an external antenna as the source, start scanning. And in this case, the search will take up to 5-15 minutes, depending on the signal quality and the characteristics of the TV model.
- The tuning aLGorithm for Philips TV has been slightly changed. On Philips, proceed in the following sequence. select the “Configuration” section in the menu, go to “Installation”, mark the “Channel setup” item. Then click “Automatic installation” and “Reinstall channels”. Just like in other TVs, select the signal source “Antenna” and start autoscanning across all ranges.
In TV sets of other brands, the digital channel tuning aLGorithm is practically the same and fits one of the above options.
Tuning digital channels on a TV with a built-in DVB T2 tuner
Despite the fact that the tuning of digital channels on a TV with a built-in DVB T2 tuner depends on the TV receiver model you have chosen, there are many general points that allow you to understand the general procedure.
Knowing the general principles, you can customize a TV of any brand, regardless of the country of production. Please note that we are talking about setting up terrestrial digital television, not satellite or cable channels.
How to tune 20 digital TV channels on your TV
The nationwide transition to this broadcasting format made many users think. is it possible to watch digital TV without a set-top box? Yes, such a possibility exists, but only if your TV receiver already has a receiver that works with a DVB T2 signal. Devices supporting DVB C and DVB T formats will not provide such an opportunity. Therefore, first of all, make sure that the built-in digital tuner in the TV is properly marked.
Let’s take a look at how to tune digital channels on your TV. First of all, you need to connect an external antenna operating in the MW / UHF range. It can be indoor or outdoor, with or without amplifier, wave-channel or log-periodic. The choice depends on the stability and signal strength in your area. But in any case, in order to connect digital television, the receiving equipment is connected using a coaxial cable with a characteristic impedance of 75 ohms to the standard antenna connector of the television. This jack is usually labeled “ANT IN AIR / CABLE”.
Further setup of the TV without a set-top box is performed in automatic or manual mode. The second option is recommended only for experienced users who already have experience in connecting such equipment. Any mistake in entering the necessary data will make it impossible to watch TV broadcasts in digital format.
Diagram of connecting digital channels through a set-top box and to a TV with a built-in tuner
Manual tuning of digital DVB T2 channels in TVs with built-in tuners is more difficult. In this case, you need to accurately determine and enter the channel parameters, which may differ depending on the region. Frequency, modulation and signal rate information is required. Please note that these values are different for each available multiplex. It will not be possible to find the entire list of free channels at once. For each of the packages, you must repeat the search, keeping the results of the previous.
By the way, if you have an old TV, then you can watch digital channels on it. How to do it read [link_webnavoz] here [/ link_webnavoz].
The general aLGorithm for tuning digital channels on TVs with tuners is as follows:
- In the menu, select the “Broadcast” option and set the antenna as the signal source.
- Selecting the item “Channel setup” go to “Manual tuning”.
- We set the search for digital channels and in the window that opens, click “Create”.
- It is at this stage that the necessary information about the tuned channels is entered. Please note that the transmission step (frequency range when searching) is 8 MHz, this value is used when searching for both digital and analog channels.
- The bars that appear will show the existing signal level and quality. In different regions, adjustment is possible even at 25-30%, but it is better that this figure is more than 50-70%. To do this, adjust the position of the antenna.
- modern TVs perform a full search on the specified data, saving is carried out after the end of the scan.
- For outdated models, the following sequence of actions is most often characteristic. when a channel is found, the “Save?” Window is displayed, then confirm or cancel the command. Then change the frequency by 8 MHz (pass step) and start the process again. Repeat these operations until all channels are found or when the process ends within the specified range of values.
Recommended! Also check out the digital TV coverage map
Manual tuning can help in areas with an unstable signal. However, you should not choose this type of search if you are not sure about the data on the multiplexes operating in your area. Automatic search will be a SIMpler and more convenient solution, especially for new models of TV sets with built-in digital tuners. Editing and storing channels after searching is performed in a standard mode in accordance with the TV operating instructions. We recommend that you read this document carefully before proceeding with the configuration. This will allow you to avoid mistakes and understand all the possibilities available to your TV receiver.