Using file transfer apps
Nowadays, there are applications for anything, including quick and easy file sharing. Here are some that work well on both firmwares. The trick is that file transfer apps must be installed on both devices. Otherwise, they will not be able to contact.
Send Anywhere. the app is reliable and easy to use. You don’t even need an account. To send photos and videos, you need to select files from the application, after which a unique 6-digit key is generated. The recipient is an Android user with Send Anywhere installed, the transfer starts after entering the code into the phone or tablet. Data is transferred in a peer-to-peer manner over an “optimal network path between devices”, which can be a Wi-Fi network or the Internet.
Instashare. an application very similar to the previous one, but less reliable. Requires Bluetooth enabled on both the sender and the recipient’s device. Nearby phones can be detected while the data transfer itself is over Wi-Fi.
If all else fails, you can try QikShare. Its advertisements are annoying, but the app itself works well most of the time.
How to transfer files from iPhone to Android! (super fast)
Every iPhone has a fully functional email application, and even a novice user will likely know how to use it. With it, you can easily send one or two photos to a friend, regardless of the recipient’s smartphone make and model. Unfortunately, there are a number of limitations for this sending method, and one of them. data transfer limit. Apple Mail has a 20 MB attachment limit, while Gmail only allows you to attach a maximum of 25 MB to an email. These restrictions can be circumvented using a cloud service, but not much.
How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Android Devices?
Sending using cloud services
Cloud services can be used for more than just backing up data. Most of them give us the ability to easily share files and photos with other Android users. Dropbox and Google Drive are perfect for this purpose, they are capable of generating secure links to your images in full resolution. The services are free for the user if he does not need more space than what the free account offers. Dropbox only provides 2GB for free, but you can expand your storage by gaining extra space, referring friends, and / or performing various tasks. On the other hand, a free Google Drive account gives you a generous 15 GB, but the space is shared between your Google and Gmail accounts.
Via Messenger, Google Hangouts, Viber, etc.
It is very popular to share photos and videos through your favorite IM clients like Messenger, Google Hangouts, Viber, Skype, CHATON, WhatsApp, Kakao Talk, BBM and the like. Available on both iOS and Android, these services are easy to use and allow you to send images in batches. On the other hand, most of them reduce the size of the outgoing photo to save data and speed up the process. In other words, the resulting image will not be of its original quality. If this is not a problem for you, use the instant messaging service that you like best.
Using a computer
As long as you have the required USB cables, you can copy the images using your computer’s file manager. The process is quite simple and does not require access to the Internet or the installation of additional equipment on the iPhone or Android device, unlike the methods described above. This option is suitable for transferring a large number of photos and videos or large files.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Android via Bluetooth: is it possible or not?
Hello everyone! Today I will tell you how to transfer photos, documents, files, videos and music from iPhone to Android via Bluetooth, and if you can do it at all. And then the problem immediately arises, since it is almost impossible to transfer files via Bluetooth directly, as can be safely done on the same Android.
Why is this happening? Because Apple allegedly is fighting piracy. They are afraid that you will upload movies, music and files that do not belong to you by rights. This is the official response from the apple company. But in fact, this is a common lie.
The truth is that the company wants you and your friends, as well as family, loved ones, neighbors, friends, your dog and your cat. all to buy only Apple devices. Thus, you will be pulled into a closed ecosystem, from where you can no longer get out. You can transfer the same photos using AirDrop, which is supported only by Apple products. Of course, you can transfer a photo, but not via Bluetooth. I will briefly talk about this in the article below.
NOTE! In fact, you can, of course, throw anything over the “Blue Tooth”, but there is a small small nuance. see the last chapter of this article for more information.
How To EASILY Transfer Videos From iPhone To Android!
So how do you transfer photos to iPhone without using Bluetooth? You can do this in several ways:
- If you don’t want the photo to be compressed, the easiest way to do this is by mail. Open the gallery, then click on the “Select” button, select the photos you want to transfer, click on the transfer button and select “Mail” from the list. Then everything is simple, we enter the Google mailbox, which is tied to the smartphone. And here you may again face a problem: when transferring photos of real size, there is a limit of 24 MB (thanks to Apple). So, if you have a lot of photos, you will have to split the transmission into several parts.
- The next way is to use the iCloud app on Android. You download it from Google Play, run it, generate a code on your iPhone to connect and authorize. And only then download the photo, but already from the cloud.
- You can try using the cloud from a browser. Open a browser on Android, follow the link. icloud.com. Log in and download the photo.
- You can use any messenger, but there is a problem. they all compress photos. If that’s enough for you, then just send a photo to the chat. If you need to send a picture in full resolution and without compression, then it is better to use Telegram. When sending, you should use sending the photo as a file and there will be no compression.
- SHAREit is a special application that transmits data not via Bluetooth, but via Wi-Fi. We download both applications, first on the iPhone, and then on Android. You can watch the instructions in the video below.
File transfer (games, music, books, documents)
And here the problem of the openness of the iOS system arises. The same Android has an open system, so you can safely work with files, transfer them to anyone. On iOS, “for security reasons,” Apple closed access to the file system. Oh, yes. of course, also because you didn’t become a pirate, didn’t ride the ship, didn’t drink rum, didn’t shout “Yo-ho-ho” and didn’t transfer files that may not be yours.
NOTE! You can transfer the same applications via Bluetooth, but they will not work on Android, due to the difference in operating systems.
There you can already upload files via Bluetooth, and music, and work with documents. In general, everything that is in regular Android. You can watch the video below about Jailbreak, and then it’s up to you.
Transfer notes via iCloud
- In the settings, open the iCloud section.
- Make sure the feature is active and the notes are synced to the server.
- Sign in to iCloud using your PC browser.
- Enter your username and password, and then open the notes.
- Open each note in turn and click on the “Send by e-mail” button. This will save your notes in your mailbox.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
Section: For beginners, Data transfer Date: 07/09/2018 Author: Alexander Moyseenko. Comments: 0
Planning to swap out your old iPhone for the new Android? Or did you need to migrate data from one platform to another? In this article, you will learn how to copy information quickly, easily and conveniently. Different types of data are transferred in different ways. And also for each type of information (calendar, contacts, mail, etc.), we offer several ways to transfer.
Importing browser bookmarks
When using Chrome or another browser, synchronization is done automatically. Therefore, it is enough to download the browser and log in to get a copy of the bookmarks. If you need to transfer bookmarks from Safari, you should use the iCloud service.
Transferring notes using Ultdata
- Connect the iPhone to the computer, wait for the smartphone to be detected by the program.
- Select the first tab “Recover from iOS device” from above.
- Check the “notes” from the proposed file types, and then click on the “Start Scanning” button.
- Choose in which format you want to save the data.
- Save the files to your computer, and then connect your Android smartphone and transfer the data to your phone.
Synchronization using a PC
- Connect your phone to a PC or laptop with a cable.
- Open the file manager and right-click on the storage medium. In the context menu, select “Import images”.
- After the import window appears, specify the necessary parameters for transferring photos.
- At the end of the procedure, disconnect the iPhone and connect the Android smartphone, and then transfer the copied data.
- In the iCloud settings on the phone, we specify the calendar synchronization.
- Go to the iCloud service, then “Calendar”. Click on the “Share” button, opposite the saved calendars.
- In the context menu, activate the option “Publish calendar”.
- Copy the link and then paste it into the address bar of the browser.
- Change the “webcal” at the beginning of the link to HTTP and press the “Enter” button, after which the download of files will begin.
- Next, open the Google calendar. Click on the button “”, in the drop-down context menu select “Import”.
- In a new window, we indicate the path to the files from iCloud, after which the data is imported into the calendar automatically.
Sync with Gmail
- Add your Gmail account to the accounts section.
- To do this, open the system settings, then the item “Mail, addresses, calendars”.
- Place the switch in the active state. Wait for the end of the synchronization, and then check the entries in the Android device, in Gmail.
We recently wrote about how to transfer contacts from Android smartphone to iPhone, and most of the methods in this article are also suitable for reverse transfer: from iPhone to Android.
3 How contact transfer via iCloud works
Like other data, you can save your contacts to iCoud. To do this, you need to configure the synchronization of the phone book on the smartphone and the cloud.
- Go to your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad, go to the iCloud section and activate the slider opposite the “Contacts” item.
- To upload all files to your Android smartphone, open iCoud in your browser and log in with your Apple ID.
- Go to the section with contacts and select the necessary numbers or all records at once. To select cards, hold down CtrlA (select all) or CtrlPM (select several separately).
- Click on the gear in the lower left corner of the iCloud window and select “Export vCard”.
You can download a document with contact cards to your computer, and then send it to your smartphone: via the cloud, mail, or simply by transferring it to a microSD card. Moving contacts in this way is not the fastest way, but it allows you to transfer all the numbers from your address book to your Android smartphone at once.
1 How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to Android via Google
Let’s start with the most versatile method that does not require the installation of third-party programs. unless you have a Google account, and you probably do. over, this method will help not only transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, but vice versa.
With a Google account, you can sync data across all your devices. This applies not only to smartphones with different systems, but also to personal computers, tablets and laptops. Using this method, you can also copy entries from the calendar and some applications, for example, Google Fit, to a new gadget.
- To sync contacts, go to your iPhone (or iPad) settings.
- In the Passwords & Accounts section, open your Gmail account. Or add it if there is none.
- Move the slider opposite the “Contacts” item to the active position. They will be copied to your Google account.
On an Android smartphone, you need to do the same, only the names of the menu items will be different:
- Open the settings and go to the section “Users and accounts”.
- Select the same Google account you used on iPhone.
- Activate data for synchronization (in our case. contacts).
2 How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android One by One
Let’s say you don’t want your smartphones to have the same contact database. For example, if you want to share a number separately, and not to throw off your entire notebook at once. In this case, you can use the built-in system tools and send the number, mail and all information about the contact as one file in vcf format.
- Open the “Contacts” application on the iPhone or iPad and select the desired contact from the list.
- Click “Share Contact”.
- You can save information about the card in the “Files”, and then forward it in any way convenient for you. Or immediately choose one of the proposed sending options: for example, by mail or via messenger.
- On an Android smartphone, you only need to open the received file and save the contact data.
4 How to transfer all contacts to a new smartphone via My Contacts Backup
There are special applications for transferring contacts, one of them is My Contacts Backup. Also, like iCloud, it creates a vCard file with your list of numbers, which can then be sent to the mail, and then downloaded to your Android smartphone.
You can quickly transfer files between two Android smartphones or tablets using mobile apps designed specifically for this. These include: SHAREit, Xender, Zapya, etc. Let’s consider the second method using the example of a simple Send Anywhere application.
We launch the application on the device from which the video will be transmitted, in the “Send” tab, open the “Video” section, then select the file and tap “Send”.
A 6-digit key will be provided to transfer the movie.
Open Send Enivea on the second device, go to the “Receive” tab, tap the field for entering the code, enter the key there and press “Receive”.
After the transfer, the video will be located in the “History” tab, as well as on the device in the “Send Anywhere” folder.
The app has a Wi-Fi Direct function that allows you to transfer data without an internet connection. To enable it, on the phone from which the file will be transferred, move the corresponding slider to the right in the “Send” tab.
On-The-Go is a technology that allows you to connect peripheral devices to your Android smartphone. a keyboard, computer mouse, printer, gamepad, etc. We will connect an external storage device. A prerequisite for this is that both smartphones must support OTG. How to check the device for compatibility with On-The-Go, we wrote in detail in another article.
To connect some devices, you may need additional software, but you can connect a USB flash drive without it.
We connect an OTG cable or adapter to the phone, and a USB flash drive to it. You can determine that the device has detected the drive using any file manager. A new section should appear in it. “USB-storage” or “USB-device”.
Find the required video file, copy it, go to the “USB storage” section and paste it into any folder. Now it remains to insert the USB flash drive into another device and unload the video in the same way, but already into the internal memory.
Transfer via PC
If there are a lot of files to transfer, they are all large in size, and there is a computer at hand, then it makes sense to use this method.
We connect both devices to the computer using a USB cable. We open “Explorer” or any file manager and check that they are identified.
On the phone from which we will transfer the video, select all the necessary files and copy them.
If it is not possible to connect both phones at the same time, then first we drop all the data to the computer from the first device, and then connect the second one and drag the video into its memory.
One of the most popular ways to transfer media between Android smartphones is messengers. In the first method, we already used one of them, but only sent a link to the video. We will learn how to transmit the video itself using the example of Telegram. Unlike applications such as Viber or WhatsApp, this messenger allows you to transfer large files.
Launch the application, open the desired contact, tap the paperclip icon, find the desired video in the “Gallery” and click “Send”
The length of time a movie will be broadcast depends on its size.
On another device, the video can be viewed directly in the messenger. Or you can download it right away by clicking the down arrow icon. In both cases, the video will be loaded into the phone’s memory in the “Telegram” folder.
Cloud storage is a service that allows you to store data on network servers, as well as transfer it to other users on the Internet. Let’s consider how to send a video from one Android device to another using Yandex Disk.
Launch Yandex Disk, enter your Yandex account data and log in to the application.
Find the video you want, select it and click “Load to disk”. After that, you can find it in the “Files” tab. If data transfer is carried out between your devices, then it is enough to log in to Yandex Disk on another device with the same account and pick up the video.
If the movie is transferred to another user’s device, then long-press to select the video, tap the “Share” icon and select “” in the context menu.
On another phone, open the message sent to Viber, and follow the link from it.
We tap “Download” and confirm the download of the file. You do not need authorization in Yandex Disk for this.
Bluetooth data transmission is one of the oldest and slowest methods. But this technology is found in most modern smartphones, and it does not require an Internet connection.
Turn on Bluetooth on both devices. Usually, the corresponding icon is in the notification panel, which can be accessed by swiping across the screen from top to bottom.
Or it can be found in “Settings” in the “Connections” section.
Find a video in the smartphone’s memory, select it, click “Share” (sometimes “Send”) and select Bluetooth.
When the desired device is found, tap on it, confirm the data transfer and wait for its completion.