How to save contacts from iPhone to SIM card
You have decided to replace your old iPhone with an Android smartphone and therefore you want to move contacts, but you do not know how to do it.
Instinctively, you decided to copy from iPhone to SIM card, and then transfer them to Android, but, unfortunately, Apple smartphone does not allow you to do this.
The iPhone, in fact, does not have a special function in which you can copy contacts from to a SIM card in order to access the address book through other smartphones.
In short, you’re in a tight spot and can’t get out but don’t panic! Opportunities, however, are.
Therefore, I propose to spend ten minutes of free time and focus on reading the information that I am about to provide.
Before I tell you what steps you need to take to copy, you need to make some clarity.
On all iPhones, numbers are not saved on the SIM card, but only in the device’s memory and after enabling the corresponding option to the Apple cloud.
Thus, without any special procedure, pulling out the SIM card from the phone and inserting it into another, you will not have access to all your contacts, remember this.
Since the entire address book is stored in the phone, you need to resort to using some special applications available in the App Store.
NOTE: perform the reverse operation, Apple smartphones have built-in tools.
Application to import contacts from iPhone to SIM card of another device. My contact backup
If you want to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM, please, you can do it using the free application. My contact backup
This free application, available in the App Store, which, as the name suggests, allows you to copy contacts, download to mail, and then transfer, for example, to any Android, with which you can transfer contacts to a SIM card.
Move to mail is done in just two clicks, only the process will take a little longer, since you need to download this data to Android, but you have no other choice.
How to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM card
If you start searching on the Internet “how to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card”, you will find quite a few results.
But there is no real, direct way to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card, so don’t look.
On the network, you will be offered programs and others where you need to jailbreak the iPhone, but you will not be able to do such a procedure on ios 10.3.3 or ios 11, which are now installed on iPhones. so do not waste your time. And then what to do? There is an exit.
Why do you need to import contacts from iPhone to SIM card? Most likely, then to put the card in another phone and start using the contacts on it.
So, you can simply move contacts not to the SIM card, but from iPhone. to iPhone or from iPhone. to Android (by clicking on the links, you will see instructions). You can also read the entry below. you will learn a lot of interesting and useful.
My favorite app is to move contacts from iPhone to SIM card of another smartphone. Contacts Backup. IS Contacts Kit Free
Despite the fact that the Contacts Backup. IS Contacts Kit Free program does not have a Russian language, nevertheless I like it the most.
The app allows you to back up in XLS, CSV, Outlook or vCard format.
To use it, go to the “app store” and download it. if necessary, enter your Apple ID.
Now go back to the home screen and look for the Contact Kit icon. Once launched, you will have four options. import contacts, export, make a copy and merge.
First, click “Start” (start copying).
If you want to “Send”, for example, by e-mail, then click on “Dog”.
Now enter the address (opposite to whom) and click “Send” at the top right.
If the other phone is Android, then just sync contacts with Gmail.
If you have a second Windows Phone device, you can continue to use Gmail as you would for Android, just add your Gmail account.
As for me, this is a great free application that allows you to back up your contacts on the iPhone, after which you can copy them to another smartphone and thus to the SIM card.
By default, the backup copy of the iPhone address book is in vCard format. Later you can use the files obtained from the created backup contacts. Success.
We are learning how to transfer contacts from iPhone (for example, iPhone XR 64GB Yellow) to Android:
|Step||Launch the application and among the list of accounts click on CardDAV.|
|Step||Enter p02-contacts.icloud.com as a service.|
|Step||In the item “Username and password”. Apple ID details.|
|Step||Click on “Next”.|
|Step||Enter any account name.|
|Step||Check the box next to “Synchronize only from server to phone”.|
|Step||Click on “Finish”.|
The transfer of the phonebook data from iOS to Android will start (for example, P20 lite).
Export contacts using Outlook
- go to “Mail”;
- click on the item “Add account”;
- select Outlook.
Enter data from this account, select data for synchronization and activate the process.
In the settings of an Android smart (for example, Huawei P40 Lite E), we do the same. It is important to enter the details of the same Outlook account that was activated on the iPhone. It remains only to wait for the end of the synchronization process.
My contacts backup
- Run the program on the “apple” smart;
- Allow access to numbers;
- Click on “Backup”;
- Wait for the end of the process;
- Click on “Email” and send a letter in VCF format to the mailbox.
Go to the mail from the gadget on Android and run the resulting file. Contacts are transferred automatically.
Nuance: in the free version of the program, it is allowed to move up to 500 records, in the paid version there are no restrictions.
Copy contacts via iTunes
Before you can transfer contacts from iPhone (for example, iPhone 11 64GB) to Android using this method, you need to have iTunes installed on your PC.
If this is done, you can go directly to the porting of numbers:
|Step||Open iTunes on computer.|
|Step||Select device in iTunes.|
|Step||In the drop-down menu, click on “Information” (“Information”).|
|Step||Check the box next to “Synchronize contacts”.|
|Step||Then select “Google Contacts”.|
|Step||Enter your Google account details and click on “Ok”.|
How to copy: iPhone 6 | 6 plus | 6s | Sim Contacts
All contacts will be located in the selected service.
Transferring contacts through third-party applications
The process also takes a few minutes. The only thing is that you will need to download utilities and install them on devices. The most popular and simple programs are discussed below.
The cloud service is just used to synchronize data on a smart, PC, tablet. These are the same features you need to use to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android. There are 2 variations of this method: with or without a computer. In both cases, it is necessary to carry out mini-preparation:
- open smart settings from Apple (for example, iPhone 11);
- select iCloud;
- move the slider next to Contacts to the right.
This is how the user activates the synchronization of phone book data.
Gmail data sync
How to copy contacts from iPhone (e.g. XR) to Smart Android using Google Account:
Everything: the book with numbers can be checked on an Android device.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android: 10-step instructions
Changing one smartphone to another is not difficult at all. Difficulties arise if, in addition to replacing the device, the operating system also changes (for example, from Apple iOS to Android). In this case, it will not be possible to simply synchronize the numbers. What if you need to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android? We consider in the article several simple ways of how to do it quickly and without problems.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card
IOS has a handy feature to import SIM contacts to iPhone. As for the reverse process, this feature is not included in the standard functionality and many iPhone users experience a problem with transferring contacts from iPhone to SIM card. In this guide, we will list the possible ways of such a transfer.
The need to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM-card may arise when changing phone, temporarily switching to another smartphone, and in a number of other cases. However, while copying contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone is extremely easy, transferring them in the opposite direction is quite problematic. over, without jailbreak, direct transfer of contacts from iPhone to SIM card is impossible. However, you can still get around the problem situation.
First, let’s talk about direct port, which requires an installed jailbreak.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card (jailbreak)
Jailbreak tweak SIManager is responsible for transferring contacts from iPhone to SIM-card. This already quite old utility allows you to very quickly and easily export all your contacts from iPhone to a SIM card for later import on another device.
SIManager can only be installed on a jailbroken device, so not everyone will be able to use the utility. In the same case, if your iPhone is “jailbroken”, then feel free to add the repository http://repo.beyouriphone.com and download the SIManager tweak from there.
Note: SIManager 1.7 is recommended for download, which is the most stable.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card without Jailbreak
Unfortunately, there is no way to directly transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card. Successful completion of this operation requires initially transferring contacts to another smartphone, for example, running Android, and then importing the book to the SIM card. Many, however, will no longer need the last action, since the purpose of transferring contacts to a SIM card for many was to import them to another smartphone. So what should you do.
Note: Previously, the Yandex.Move app was ideal for this process, however, recently it is no longer available in the App Store and Google Play.
Download the free My Contacts Backup app on your iPhone
Run the app and click the Backup button
After the contacts have been processed, click on Email
In the “To” field, enter your email address
The letter that you sent to yourself contains a file in vcf format, opening which on another smartphone, you can easily import contacts. After that, these contacts can be saved to the SIM-card using standard functions of smartphones on other mobile operating systems. Here is such a tricky system, although all this takes literally a few minutes.
Transfer via third-party utilities
If you have a simple iPhone, you will have to resort to the help of an Android gadget and a program called “My Backup Contacts”. It is downloaded for free at this link https://iTunes.Apple.com/us/app/my-contacts-backup/id446784593?mt=8.
- Run the utility and give it access to the list of contacts on the phone by clicking “Allow” in the dialog box.
- As soon as the counting of numbers on the device is completed, tap on the “Backup” button.
- Wait while the document is created in.vcf format (you can also select CSV (Excel), for this go to the application settings section, find “Export Type” and select the CSV format).
- After that you need to send it to e-mail, the utility itself will tell you about this.
- Click on “Email” and select “To”.
- Enter your email address.
- Click “Send”.
- Open your message with your Android phone and download the contact attachment.
Now, through the same device, you can easily transfer all contacts to the card. How to do this, read at the end of the article.
Unfortunately, the method is inconvenient, but, alas, there is no simpler one, and most likely it will not be. All others require the same fiddling with accounts and other phones. Alternatively, you can use a computer. Read on to learn how it will help.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card
It is extremely rare to need to transport contacts to a SIM card. Synchronization services and other utilities work too well to store numbers on a card. However, sometimes it still becomes necessary to return to this archaic way of storing contacts. And if transporting information from a SIM card to an iOS phone does not cause difficulties, then everything is extremely difficult to implement on a card, but there is a way to transfer contacts from an iPhone to a SIM card
The notorious “closeness” of the operating system comes into play and here it does not play into the hands of people at all. The company does not provide built-in tools for this operation. However, we have picked up a few useful tricks that can be used to bypass the restrictions set by Apple and transfer numbers from iPhone to SIM card. One is suitable for devices with jailbreak, and the rest can be done on any Apple smartphones.
Attention! Articles are often published on the Internet where it is recommended to use the iFunBox program, which can transfer numbers to the iPhone. However, its functionality has been changed, so now it is not able to access the contact store.
Method for jailbroken iPhone
If you have a jailbreak phone, then we recommend choosing the SIManager program for the transfer. You can download it from the BeYoIp repository. Download the latest version. The utility is easy to use, the person who mastered the jelbreak can easily figure it out.
- Open the service and in the main window tap on the “Write To SIM” button located in the lower right part of the screen.
- When a new tab pops up, select “Copy iPhone To SIM”.
That’s all. The procedure is fast. Recall that the program is distributed free of charge, but it has built-in advertising.
Copy contacts to SIM card via PC
Sadly, here we will have to do the same. create backups, and then unpack them and process them on a smartphone running the Android operating system.
In this case, the familiar iTunes will come in handy, which will create the desired file.
- Open the program on a PC, click on the icon with a smartphone to get into the device control menu.
- Follow the path “Settings”. “Details”.
- Find the line “Synchronize contacts with”.
- Next, you will be offered two options “Outlook” or “Windows Contacts”.
- We recommend staying at the last option, since it will be easier to work with the file exported through it later.
- To start the procedure for exchanging information between the phone and the computer, click on the “Synchronize” button.
- To find these files, go to the directory along the path “Start”. “Folder with username”. “Contacts”.
- There you will find all your transported data stored in.contact format.
- You will have to copy everything to the internal storage of the device on Android again and complete their transfer to the SIM card.
Now we will show you how to transfer downloaded contacts from Android to a SIM card.
Transferring numbers from the Android device storage to the SIM card
Just in case, we will describe for you this very simple process.
- After your numbers have been moved to the storage of your Android phone, launch the Contacts program on it.
- In the upper left corner there will be an icon with three dashes, click on it.
- Click on “Settings” and then on “Import contacts”.
- Select the format in which you created the backup.
- Specify the path to it through the file manager.
- Perform the transfer, and when it is completed, tap on “Export contacts”.
- Select “SIM” and wait until the operation is completed, and all contacts moved from the phone to iOS to the memory of the Android gadget will be copied to the SIM card.
If you follow our instructions, then there will be no difficulties. By the way, after the end of copying numbers to the card, you can get it, and then cancel all actions so that the list of contacts on Android returns to the state before the transfer.
It is unpleasant that the developers from Cupertino have not added this feature to their device. However, this is their deliberate decision, so you should not wait for this option to appear in future updates. In general, it makes sense to store numbers in cloud services, and not entrust them to a card. It is convenient, safe and easy to copy and transport to any device.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card
Using the Gmail service and an Android smartphone
To transfer phonebook entries, you need another Android device. You will need to generate contacts in Gmail, copy them to the SIM card, and then rearrange the card in the iPhone.
- Open the system settings on the iPhone, where you will select the item “Contacts”.
- In the window that opens, click on the “Accounts” item, and then. Gmail. If you don’t have a Gmail account, register and log in.
- In the item “Gmail account”, activate the switch next to “Contacts”. Wait while the records are synchronized, for which be sure to provide your phone access to the Internet.
- Next, install the SIM card in any phone running Android OS. Enter your Google account. To do this, go to settings, then accounts, then the option using Google.
- Synchronize your account with your current device to display phone number records on your phone.
- Then open the application directory where phone numbers are stored.
- Select Import / Export from the hidden context menu. In the next window. “Export to SIM card”.
- After reading the phone book, the phone will offer to mark selectively necessary numbers or select all.
- After clicking on the “Export” button, the phone will inform you that when transferring to the SIM card, only part of the information will be saved, without photo music and additional information. If it is not critical, confirm the action.
- After confirmation, the selected numbers will be copied to the SIM card. Move the number back to iPhone and use.
- Download the program “My Contacts Backup” from the AppStore.
- Launch the app and allow access to your contacts. Then click on the “Backup” button to create a backup.
- Wait until the end of the process, then send the generated file to another device, for example, by e-mail.
- Download a phone book backup to your phone.
- Unpack the contacts, and then transfer the numbers to the SIM card using the built-in tools. When finished, remove the card and put it back in the iPhone.
If you are using an Android device, do the following:
- Open the file manager and find the downloaded phone book file.
- Click on the file. In the app overview, use the Contacts or Reference program. Numbers are immediately saved in the device.
- Further actions are similar to the previous instructions. Start with “Step 2”, “Point 3”
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card
Section: Iphone, For beginners, Data transfer Date: 08/13/2018 Author: Alexander Moiseenko. Comments: 0
IOS has the option to transfer contacts from the SIM card to the phone, but the reverse action is not supported. Therefore, in order to save contacts to the SIM card, you need to resort to one trick, which you will learn about from this article.
Why keep contacts on a SIM card
Today, there are many ways to store phonebook entries: in the cloud storage, on a computer, in an email, or in the memory of the iPhone itself. over, each method is tied to the use of the Internet or is tied to a PC, which complicates the transfer of contacts in an unforeseen situation, for example, when the device is damaged. If a copy of the numbers is stored on the SIM card, it is enough to move the card to another device, including a regular push-button telephone.
With these two long, but not complicated steps, you can transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card. Use the first method if you have a Gmail account and an Android device. The second method is suitable for users who have a regular push-button phone or smartphone on another operating system.
If you still have questions, then in the block below “User comments” you can ask the author a question, leave a comment or share your experience. We will try to answer.
Gmail Android Smartphone
- SIM-enabled phone or tablet with Android OS.
- Active Google account.
Transferring contacts to SIM is done in two stages:
- Log in to your Gmail profile by linking your account with your iPhone.
- On iPhone, go to system settings, click “Contacts”.
- In the new section, click: “Accounts”. “Gmail”.
- In the option “Google account”, opposite to “Contacts”, move the slider to activate.
- Wait for the sync to finish (you need an internet connection to do this).
Numbers are imported to the cloud. Now from the cloud you need to transfer them to the SIM card. For this:
- Pick up an Android smartphone, install an “iPhone” SIM card into it.
- Log in to the same Google profile you used for the iPhone.
- Open: “Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Your profile name”. turn off and then turn on the “Contacts” option so that it immediately synchronizes the address book.
- After synchronizing the information with your smartphone, open the “Reference” application, go to the settings and to the “Import / Export” section.
- You need to import data from the phone’s memory to a SIM card. To do this, select the “Export to storage: SIM” function. A gadget with the latest version of Android can offer export sources: phone, messenger connections, Google profile. Select your smartphone. Read the warning about transferring only part of the information (limitation on the number of numbers in the database).
- After importing to the SIM, turn off the device, remove the SIM card and transfer it to the iPhone.
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM: Answer from Hamster
Everyone is healthy! The iPhone has the function of transferring contacts from the SIM card to the device memory, but the reverse option is not implemented. But there are several secret ways to transfer or copy contacts from iPhone to SIM, which not everyone knows about.
Why store contacts in the SIM card memory?
A SIM card is an electronic chip with its own permanent memory. It does not depend on the device with which it interacts, therefore it can be considered as source of data storage.
The main sources for storing numbers are also:
- The mobile device itself;
- Cloud services.
Backing up the address book on three independent channels increases the chances of saving important data.
- Having smashed the gadget, you can remove the SIM card from it and the numbers will remain with you.
- Having broken the SIM-card, you can replace it with a new one while maintaining the number, and pull up the address book from the phone.
- By drowning the SIM card and iPhone, you can pull numbers from the associated iCloud and Google profiles.
Now let’s take a closer look at the question. how to transfer contacts from an iPhone to a SIM card? There are several ways using services and an Android smartphone. These methods work for the entire line of Apple gadgets, including iPhone 6, 5s and even iPhone 4.
MC Backup Android
You can do without synchronization with Google by using the My Backup Contacts program:
- On the iPhone in the App Store, download the My Contacts Backup application, launch it and allow access to the list of numbers. Click “Backup” to create a data file.
- Use your email inbox to send an email to another Email linked to your Android phone.
- On your Android device, open the email and from the attached attachment import the phone numbers with the owners’ names into the phone memory. Use the “Contacts” application to open the file.
- To copy contacts from iPhone to SIM, export data to a SIM card temporarily inserted into Samsung or another Android gadget. For an example of import to a SIM card, see the section above.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Using Additional Programs?
The owner of an iPhone without jailbreak will have to use another mobile device. with an Android operating system. and a utility called My Backup Contacts. You can download the program in the AppStore at this link. the application is distributed free of charge.
How to copy numbers through My Backup Contacts?
First of all, give the utility access to the “Contacts” application. click “Allow”.
When the program recounts the contacts on the gadget, click on “Backup”.
The utility will generate a file in vcf format. it must be sent by e-mail. The application itself will recommend doing this.
In the form of an e-mail in the “To” column, indicate your email address, then click “Send”.
Open the letter on your mobile device with the Android operating system. From a vcf file on a gadget with an open OS, you can easily transfer numbers to a SIM card.
You can create a backup not only in the form of a vcf file, but also in the form of an Excel document. To do this, you need to go into the application settings, find the “Export Type” section and put a tick in front of CSV.
The way to copy contacts to a SIM card via My Backup Contacts, alas, cannot be called convenient, but there are no simpler methods now. Previously, the Yandex.Move program was recommended to users, but now it is not available in the AppStore or in Google Play.
How to transfer contacts to a SIM card from a jailbroken iPhone?
If your iPhone is jailbroken, use the SIManager utility available in the BeYoIp repository to copy contacts.
We advise you to download version 1.7, as it can boast of stable work.
The tweak is intuitive. any user who has managed to jailbreak will deal with it without any problems. Copying contacts is done in just two steps:
On the main screen, click the “Write To SIM” button in the lower right corner.
In the menu that appears, click “Copy iPhone To SIM”.
The SIManager application is free, but the user will have to put up with ads (which, however, does not really interfere).
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card via Computer?
You can use a PC as an intermediary to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM. The procedure in this case again comes down to the formation of backups and their subsequent processing on an Android device.
To copy contacts to SIM via a computer, we will use iTunes. you need to proceed as follows:
Launch iTunes and go to the device control menu by clicking on the button with the smartphone image.
In the “Settings” section, select the “Information” section.
Check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with:” and select one of the options. “Windows Contacts” or “Outlook”.
It is recommended to select “Windows Contacts”. numbers saved in this application are easier to transfer to a mobile device.
Click the “Synchronize” button. this will start the process of data exchange between PC and mobile device.
After the synchronization on the PC is complete, click on the “Start” button and follow the path “Username”. “Contacts”.
The folder “Contacts” will contain cards with the extension contact.
These cards should be copied to a mobile device with an Android operating system. Numbers can be easily transferred from the Android background to the SIM memory.
On many sites dedicated to mobile technology, it is suggested to use the iFunBox desktop utility to transfer contacts from the iPhone. Now this method is irrelevant: the latest version of iFunBox (3.0) does not allow access to the directory of numbers.
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card?
In order to transfer phone numbers from a SIM card to an iPhone, the user will not experience any problems. Apple devices have a very convenient service for importing contacts. But in the opposite direction. from iPhone to SIM. it is quite difficult to transfer numbers: the famous “closedness” of the iOS operating system affects. However, you should not despair: if you connect your imagination and some additional programs to the case, the task becomes doable.
Users who believe that the “all-powerful” iPhone is capable of performing any operation are greatly surprised when they find out that it is impossible to transfer contacts from an Apple gadget to a SIM. There is no talk about the flaw of Apple engineers in this case. the iPhone was conceived as a “closed” device.
It is possible to overcome the obstacles in the exchange of data that Apple fixes, but for this you will have to connect additional software and gadgets to the case, which are less sensitive to the confidentiality of information. Users who need to constantly copy data from the iPhone are better off jailbreak, but they should remember that after a “jailbreak” the device is removed from the warranty.
Transfer to SIM card via iTunes
To transfer data, you will need an Android device and a computer with iTunes installed (available for free download from the official Apple website). Procedure:
- Connect iPhone to PC using USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Wait for synchronization and in the main window of the program, click on the icon in the form of a smartphone.
- In the block “Overview” find and click on the item “Information”.
- Check the “Synchronize contacts with” checkbox and select “Windows Contacts” from the drop-down list. Optionally, you can use “Outlook” for this purpose.
- At the bottom of the window, find and click on the “Sync” button to start transferring data from iPhone to computer.
- When finished, disconnect the device from the PC and close iTunes. Go to the start menu and open the personal folder of the user account.
- Find and open the directory “Contacts” here. The computer displays all ported phone numbers and other related information.
- Connect your Android device to your PC and copy all the necessary contact cards to it. After that, transfer them to the SIM using the built-in tools of the smartphone.
When the copying of data to the SIM card via the Android phone is over, the contacts can be used on the iPhone. The method does not require jailbreak and installation of additional software.
How to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM card
iPhone does not save phone numbers to the SIM card, but it does allow you to import data that has already been saved to your device. You can use iCloud to transfer numbers between different iPhones. To transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card and copy them to another smartphone, use the methods described below.
If there is a jailbreak
If the iPhone operating system is jailbroken (jailbreak), then transfer the contact information using the SIM Manager application. It is available as a free download and does not require the use of additional devices. Procedure:
- Download and install SIM Manager on iPhone. The program is suitable for importing, archiving and transferring data.
- Run the application. A list of contacts available on the iPhone will be displayed. Click on the “Write to SIM” button to start transferring information.
- A window with additional parameters will appear. Select “Copy iPhone To SIM” and wait for the data to be written.
After that, the SIM card can be freely used in other devices, and all phone numbers and other related information will be available for viewing.
Import contacts from iPhone to SIM card
By default, iPhones do not support the function of importing phone numbers from the device to the SIM card. You can only move data using special software, an intermediary device (smartphone on Android or PC) or iOs jailbreak.
With the help of special software
As in the previous method, to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card, you will have to use an additional Android device. But in this case, the operation does not require a computer. Procedure:
The method is also suitable in cases when you just need to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another, and not a SIM.
Copy to SIM card via iCloud
Like the previous method, it allows you to transfer data from an iPhone to a computer, and then copy it to a SIM card using an Android device. To sync your data, follow these steps:
- Connect iPhone to the Internet and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Find the item “iCloud” here. Depending on the version of iOs used, it can be found in the additional section “Accounts and Passwords”.
- A list of data to sync will open. Opposite the inscription “Contacts”, move the slider to the “Active” state.
- Using a browser on your computer, log into your Apple ID on iCloud.
- On the main cloud storage screen, go to the “Contacts” section. A list of all phone numbers from the iPhone will open.
- Now let’s move the desired contact or select everything (using the “Ctrl” “A” combination). After that, in the lower left corner, click on the gear icon.
- In the list that appears, click “Export vCard” to transfer all data to your PC.
Having copied contacts to a computer, they can be transferred to an Android device (as described in the method above) and exported to a SIM card via a smartphone. After that, it can be installed on the iPhone.
Import contacts from SIM card to iPhone
You can transfer phone numbers from SIM cards to iPhone using built-in tools. You don’t need to install additional applications or hack iOs for this. How to copy contacts from SIM card to iPhone:
- Insert the SIM card into an empty slot on the iPhone. Additionally, make sure it fits in the size. If necessary, cut it or replace it with a mobile operator.
- Start the iPhone and wait for the SIM card to be detected by the device. Go to the “Settings” menu and click on the “Contacts” item.
- From the list that appears, select “Import SIM Contacts” to start transferring data to iPhone. After that, the numbers will appear in the system applications “Contacts” and “Phone”.
If the data was not copied, then it is possible that before that they were stored not on the SIM card, but in the phone memory, cloud storage or on the gmail account.
There are several ways to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM. The easiest way is to export data through a special application and then move it to a new device or SIM card. If the main task is to make a backup, then you can transfer phone numbers to your Windows computer via iTunes or iCloud.
Features of transferring information to a SIM card
Before transferring contacts from phone to SIM card, Honor needs the main nuances of this process.
- The SIM card can hold a limited number of numbers. Old SIM cards include no more than 100 entries. For new ones, issued no more than 3 years ago. up to 250 entries.
- When transferring the phone book to the SIM card, only the name and number of the subscriber are saved. It will not be possible to write down: photos, notes, birthday data and other additional information.
- If several numbers are tied to one name in the phone book of the gadget, when transferring data to the SIM card, separate entries will be created for each number.
- Only the first 6 characters of the subscriber’s name can be saved to the SIM card, including spaces.
Before transferring all the saved numbers from the phone to the SIM card, it is worth putting things in order in the list of subscribers: delete irrelevant numbers, clean the phone book from duplicates, shorten too long usernames. If this is not done, the guide may not be completely copied, or using it, after transfer, will be a rather difficult process.
How to copy contacts from phone to SIM card: all options
The list of contacts on mobile devices can be stored, at the user’s choice: on the SIM-card or in the device’s memory. By default, smartphones usually save new entries to the gadget’s memory.
But if necessary, you can quickly copy contacts from the phone to the SIM card using the built-in functionality of the Android OS or third-party applications. The reverse operation is also easily accessible. transferring the phone book from the SIM card to the smartphone.
Instructions for transferring data from Android to a SIM card
Let’s consider how to transfer contacts from phone to SIM card (on Android version 9 and higher). On gadgets with earlier versions of the OS, the process may slightly differ in the names of menu items, but the general logic of actions will coincide with that described.
How to Export/Import/Copy Contacts from iphone to Sim Card (SIManager)
- Opening the contact list.
- Click on the icon with three dots, located on the right in the upper corner of the screen (can be located in the center).
- In the drop-down submenu, select “Contact Management”.
- Go to the section “Export / Import”.
- We mark the SIM card with a dot to which you want to copy.
- We select from the general list the records that need to be saved. If you need to transfer all contacts from the phone to the SIM card. mark the word “All” with a dot at the top of the list.
- Press the button “Finish”.
- On the new screen, click “Export”, then confirm the transfer by clicking on the “Yes” button.
- We are waiting for the end of the copying process, then we return to the main menu of the device.
To check that the transfer went well, you can open the phone book again. All entries marked earlier should have a SIM card icon. this will mean that they have been copied successfully.
Transferring data from a SIM card to a smartphone
Copying contacts from a SIM card to a new gadget is as easy as transferring a phone book from a smartphone memory to a SIM. Here’s a guide for Android 9 (and higher) users:
- We go to the list of contacts.
- Click on the button with three dots at the top of the screen (“Options”).
- In the drop-down submenu, select “Contact Management”.
- On the new screen, click “Import / Export”.
- Select the section “Import”.
- We mark in the list the SIM card from which you want to copy the data.
- Select the entries in the phone book to transfer (or press “All”).
- In the list of possible import locations, mark “Phone”.
- Press the “Import” button and confirm the transfer.
You can make sure that the copying was successful by opening the list of contacts and checking the location in the properties of the entries.
When you may need to transfer data to a SIM card
Usually, smartphone owners use Google cloud services for data backup. From the cloud, you can copy information to any gadget connected to the Internet. But there are a number of situations in which it is wiser to transfer contacts from the phone to the SIM card:
- Before updating the gadget’s firmware.
- If necessary, roll back the smartphone to factory settings.
In the event of a breakdown of the device, before handing it over to the service center.
- When using multiple smartphones at the same time.
- After buying a new gadget. to transfer information to it.
And of course, saving contacts from the phone to the SIM card will help in a situation when the gadget does not have access to the Internet, that is, there is no way to transfer the list of subscribers to storage in the cloud.
You can transfer contacts from phone to SIM-card and back not only with the help of the tools built into the OS. There are many third-party applications that allow you to make a “backup” of the phone book with all the information entered into it, and not just with the name and number of the subscriber. You can download them in “Google Play”.
- “Copy to SIM card” is a free application that allows you to transfer data from a gadget to a SIM card and vice versa. Doesn’t work on dual-SIM smartphones.
- “Contact2Sim”. in addition to transferring data, it is able to restore lost numbers, allows you to set up account filters.
- “SIM Tool Manager”. will help you both transfer contacts from a SIM card, and upload data to a SIM card from a smartphone, restore lost records and manage existing ones.
Using the cloud
The second option, which will allow you to quickly transfer all data from your old iPhone to a new one, is to use Apple’s cloud service. This option is not only safe, but also allows you to restore your contacts at any time, even if there is no access to your old phone or SIM card.
The easiest option is to use iCloud. To do this, in the settings of our smartphone, select the section we need. If it is used for the first time, then authorization is required. To do this, enter your AppleID information. During the first start, the system will offer to combine the device data with the account.
After completing the process, you have a backup of your contacts. However, in the process of further use, you can add new contacts and other data to the phone. In order for the backup to be updated as well, you need to set the sliders to sync contacts with iCloud to the active position in the smartphone settings.
Please note that not only the latest archive will be available on the site, but also previous archive versions. This will allow you to restore the previous version at any time if you accidentally deleted the data you need from your phone.
Using a SIM card
This is a simple and convenient way to transfer contacts for those who are just starting to use a gadget on iOS and are not yet familiar with all the capabilities of their new device. Also, this way to copy numbers to your new iPhone, the only one for those who are switching from a regular old push-button phone.
In order to transfer numbers to the iPhone in this way, you must first drop the numbers on the SIM card. To do this, you need to use the menu of your phone, and copy.
Note! If your previous phone was also an iPhone, you won’t be able to copy numbers from contacts to SIM. This functionality is not provided by the operating system.
After the contact numbers are on your SIM card, you can transfer them to the new iPhone. To do this, you need to install the card in a new telephone set.
After that, you need to go to the contacts settings. Please note that on earlier OS versions they are combined into the “Mail, Addresses, Calendars” menu item. At this point, select the import of SIM contacts, and wait for the completion of the process.
The whole procedure will take less than a minute. You can find the numbers that were on the SIM card in the contact list of your iPhone.
The disadvantages of this option include the fact that the contact field on the SIM includes only the number and name. Therefore, if you have several numbers saved for one contact, then you need to create separate contacts on the SIM for each. Do not forget about the limitation on the number of numbers that can be saved on a SIM card.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
After buying a new phone, the first thing everyone does is set it up. The most important thing is to transfer contacts from your old phone to your new one. Despite the fact that this is a seemingly simple action, there are many options for how to make this process even more convenient.
Today we will tell you how to transfer contacts to iPhone: how to drop numbers when using Apple’s cloud service, and how to copy phones from a SIM card to a brand new iPhone.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
Modern technologies greatly simplify life, and now you can easily and quickly save, and, if necessary, restore, important data. So, in order to transfer your contacts to a new iPhone, it is enough to copy them on your old phone to a SIM card, and after installing it in a new gadget, import them. However, using cloud storage, you can easily not only transfer contacts and other important data from your device to a new one, but also restore from a backup in case of loss.
Transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card via computer
To transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM, a personal computer can be used as an intermediary. The process consists in the formation of backups and their subsequent processing on a device with an Android operating system.
We will use iTunes to copy contacts to SIM via a computer. The following steps are taken:
- Launch iTunes, then go to the device control menu by clicking on the button that looks like a smartphone.
- In the “Settings” section, select the “Information” block.
- On the contrary, “Synchronize contacts with:” must be checked, and then one of the options is selected: “Outlook” or “WindowsContacts”. Here it is recommended to select “WindowsContacts” to make it easier to transfer the numbers saved in this application to a mobile device.
- You must click on the “Synchronize” button. The process of data exchange between the mobile device and the PC will be launched there.
- When the synchronization is completed, on a personal computer you need to click on the “Start” button and follow the path “Username”, and then select “Contacts”.
Cards with the contact extension will be located in the “Contacts” folder. Card data can be copied very easily to a mobile device with an Android operating system. Numbers are easily transferred from the product to Android into the SIM memory.
Previously, a popular method was to transfer contacts from an iPhone to a SIM card using the iFunBox desktop utility. At the moment, the method has become irrelevant, the new version of iFunBox 3.0 does not provide access to the numbered directory.
Transfer Contacts to SIM Card from iPhone. All Methods
⬤ White-Apple.club FAQ Transfer contacts to SIM card from iPhone. all ways
With the task of transferring phone numbers from SIM cards to iPhone, users have no problems. Apple devices have a fairly convenient service that allows you to import contacts. But another question arises. how to transfer contacts to the SIM card on the iPhone?
That’s the point: in the opposite direction. from the iPhone to the SIM card. it is quite difficult to transfer the numbers, the famous “closedness” of the iOS operating system affects here. But users shouldn’t be discouraged. If you connect imagination and certain additional applications to the case, then the task becomes doable.
On SIM, if there is JailBreak
If your iPhone is jailbroken, you need to use the SIManager utility to copy contacts, which is available to users in the BeYoIp repository.
It is recommended to download version 1.7, since it is in this version that the possibility of stable work is noted.
The user interface is intuitive, even a beginner can figure it out. If you were able to jailbreak, then you can deal with it without any problems. For the process of copying contacts, perform the following actions:
- In the main screen, click on the “Write To SIM” button in the lower right corner.
- A menu will appear where you need to click on “Copy iPhone To SIM”.
SIManager is free, but the user will have to come to terms with the fact that it contains ads that do not really interfere with work.
This method is valid for earlier versions of the iPhone and it is not a fact that it will work on newer models.
Via Android smartphone
Owners of iPhone without jailbreak will need to use one more additional mobile device, which has the Android operating system installed. You should also install the My Contacts Backup utility. The application is available for download in the AppStore, and is distributed completely free of charge.
The process of copying numbers through My Contacts Backup is as follows:
- First, you need to give the utility access to the “Contacts” application, just click “Allow”.
- When the utility counts the contacts on the device, you need to click on “Backup”.
- The program will generate a file in vcf format. It needs to be sent by email. It is recommended to do this by the application itself. Click on the item “Email”.
- In an e-mail, in the “To” column, you must specify your own mail address, and then click “Send”.
- Now we open the letter on a mobile device with the Android operating system installed. On a device from a vcf file with an open operating system, you can easily transfer phone numbers to a SIM card.
A backup can be generated not only in the vcf file format, but also in the form of an Excel document. To perform such a task, you need to go to the utility settings, find the “ExportType” item and put a selection in front of CSV.
The option of copying contacts to a SIM card using My Contacts Backup is not convenient, but there are no easier methods at the moment. Previously, users could use the Yandex.Move program, but recently it is not available in the AppStore.
We use a Google account
The method is similar to the Android option (point 2), but only in that you need an Android smartphone. The convenience of this option is that you do not need to use any additional software. All you need to do is add a Google account on the iPhone, for example, in the Mail application and enable syncing of contacts in it.
Please note. it is this Google account that must be on the Android phone, from which the contacts will be transferred to the SIM.
After that, Google will automatically sync contacts to the Android device and now copy numbers to the SIM will not be a problem. This option is even more acceptable than the one described above.
Users may be very surprised when they find out that the “omnipotent” iPhone cannot transfer contacts to SIM from the device. In this case, we are not talking about a flaw in Apple engineers. The iPhone itself was conceived as a “closed” device.
It is possible to overcome such an obstacle to data exchange, but for this it is necessary to use additional software and gadgets that are less sensitive to privacy parameters. For those users who need to constantly copy information from the iPhone, it is better to jailbreak. It is worth remembering that after such a “hack”, the device is removed from the warranty.