Key Features of Samsung Data Transfer:
Android to Android File Transfer: Support Contacts, Call Logs, Text Messages, Photos, Videos, Music, Documents and Apps.
Moving from Android to iOS: support for contacts and documents.
IOS to Android Data Transfer: Supports Contacts, Text Messages, Photos, Videos and Music.
IOS to iOS File Transfer: Supports contacts, calendars, notes, and more.
Strong Compatibility: Support Samsung Galaxy S10 / S9 / S8 / S7 / S6 / S5, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 / Note 8 / Note 7 / Note 6, Samsung Galaxy J8 / J7 / J6 / J5 / J4, Samsung Galaxy A9 / A8 / A7 / A5 etc.
It also works on LG, Huawei, HTC, Sony, Motorola, OPPO, Xiaomi, OnePlus and other brands of Android phones and tablets.
For iOS, supports iPhone, iPad and iPod.
How to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung via vCard (.vcf file)
This method has more steps than the previous process. Samsung mobiles (virtually all Android phones) have a built-in import / export function that allows you to export all your contacts to a vCard (.vcf) file. The vCard file can then be transferred to any Samsung (or other Android) device, and the contacts from the file can be imported there in no time. With the.vcf file created with this method, the file can be transferred to multiple Android and Apple devices, and they will be able to import the same contacts. This is useful if you have multiple devices or want the same contacts to be added to the phones of all your family members. The step-by-step process for exporting contacts from source mobile phone and then importing them to a target phone is described below:
Note: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is used here for demo.
Open the app drawer. On the displayed icons, click “Contacts”.
In the Contacts window, tap the option (option with three vertical dots) in the upper right corner.
In the menu that opens, click “Settings”. Select “Contacts” in the “Settings” window.
In the next interface, tap the “Import / Export” contacts option.
When the “Import / Export” contact window appears, click “Export to device storage”.
In the “Confirm Export” field, write down or remember the destination where the vCard file will be stored after creation and click “OK”.
After that, navigate to the folder to save the file and transfer the.vcf file to the target Samsung device using any of your preferred transfer methods (e.g. gram via Bluetooth, NFC (not available on all Samsung phones) or using a PC as the central device ).
After the.vcf file has been transferred to the target Samsung phone, on the target phone itself, follow steps 1 to 8 above by selecting the Import from Device Memory option in step 8.
In the “Save contact to” field, click “Device”.
In the displayed “Select vCard file” box, make sure the “Import vCard file” radio button is checked and click “OK”.
In the next field, click to select the radio button representing the vCard file you just transferred to this new smartphone.
Click “OK” to start importing contacts.
After the contacts have been imported, you can delete them from your old phone and start using your new phone as usual.
ways to transfer data quickly from Samsung to Samsung S20. Dr.Fone
Transfer Music from Android to Android
We all love music and have collected the music of our choice. We mainly store MP3 files that appear on your computer after you connect your smartphone. First, you need to download the Android File Transfer app if you are a Mac user, or use Bluetooth File Transfer, which saves these files on your computer, and then you can transfer them to another device. You can use the MobileTrans tool instead. which can easily solve your problem of transferring everything from Android to Android in just a few clicks.
How to Effectively Transfer Everything from Samsung to Samsung in One Click?
When upgrading to new Samsung Galaxy, you should want to copy some important files from old Samsung to new one. Professional Samsung File Transfer. Samsung Data Transfer helps you to transfer everything from Samsung phone to another Samsung Galaxy efficiently with one click.
How to Transfer Huawei Health Data?
To transfer the program from the memory of a smartphone or tablet to a card in Android 6.0 and higher, do the following:
- Open system settings and go to “Device”. “Applications”.
- Open with a short touch the menu (properties section) of the desired program.
- Tap “Storage”, then “Change”.
How to Transfer Information from One Samsung Phone to Another?
How to Transfer All Data from Old Galaxy to New
- Make sure both phones are turned on and have sufficient battery power.
- Every Samsung phone comes preinstalled with the Smart Switch app.
- Open the Smart Switch app on both phones and tap Send Data or Receive Data on the respective device.
How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to Huawei?
To do this, you need to go to the contacts application, click the additional options button in the lower right corner and select the “Import / Export” or “Manage contacts” item and then export to the drive. Next, select all or only the contacts you need and confirm your action.
How to Transfer Data from Android to Huawei?
From an Android / iOS smartphone to a HUAWEI smartphone
- Open the Phone Clone app and select the old and new smartphone.
- Scan the QR code and establish a connection.
- Select the data you want to transfer and start the process.
How to Transfer All Data from Samsung to Xiaomi?
- Download and install Mi Mover on your Samsung smartphone.
- Go to the same program on Xiaomi: “Settings”. “System and device”. “Advanced settings”. Mi Mover.
- Connect both devices to Wi-Fi.
- On Xiaomi in the application, click “I am the recipient”, after which you will see a QR code on the screen.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Samsung?
The easiest way to transfer contacts from Android to Android is manually. Copy the contacts of your old Android phone to the SIM card: go to Contacts on your phone, tap Options Settings, select Import / Export Contacts and tap on the Export button. Select the SIM as the export destination. May 17, 2018.
How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to Samsung?
To move contacts from phone to SIM, you need to:
- Launch the “Contacts” program (it is integrated into all versions of Android by default).
- Open its properties and select the “Import / Export” function.
- In the list that appears, click “Export to SIM card”.
How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Huawei?
How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Huawei / Honor via Phone Clone?
- install the application on two smartphones;
- in the new phone, select the “new phone” option to upload information to it, connect to Wi-Fi or scan the QR code on the previous device;
- in the old phone, also select the “old phone” option.
Basic Steps for Migrating with Smart Switch
All modern phone models, that is, which support the latest “Android” system, can be used for such an operation. User action steps include:
- First of all, we go to the “Samsung” menu, and then to the settings. There should be a section called “Cloud and Accounts”.
- Among the proposed options should be the inscription Smart Switch. We select this item. In it, the user will clearly understand how to transfer data from “iPhone” to “Samsung”.
- There are two ways to help you transfer all information and files. The first is necessary when the files have already been backed up in the cloud. It’s called Wi-Fi. The second option helps to transfer information much faster, and allows you to copy more files than the first. Its principle is based on the use of a USB cable that will be directly connected to the “iPhone”.
- Then the user clicks the button labeled. “Receive”, and then selects the required device from which the files are copied.
- If the first method is chosen, then you must first go through the authorization in the cloud. The system may ask for a special code on the “iPhone” to confirm permission for the operation.
- If the user applies the second option, then you must first connect both devices to the cable. It is important to find USB with dedicated outputs that will suit the devices. The system will then ask for confirmation of the user’s trust in another gadget.
- Then you need to select the necessary documents and files that will be transferred later. In this case, music, alarms, messages, preset settings, contacts, Wi-Fi passwords entered on the “iPhone”, videos, photos and other documents are available. If there are applications on the “iPhone”, but they are also available in the Play Market, they will also be copied with all the data. To perform the action, click “Submit”.
- The transfer procedure will start immediately, but you must wait until it is completed.
The process is fast, and as a result, the user gets access to almost all of his data that was on the “iPhone”.
Often users, faced with the problem of how to transfer data from “iPhone” to “Samsung”, become nervous about losing their (paid) subscription to Apple Music. But the important thing is that it doesn’t make much sense to transfer it. It is much easier to re-download the utility from the Play Market. Upon completion of the download, the user will see that the subscription is still active.
How to Transfer Data from “iPhone” to “Samsung” Using Google Drive?
This option is suitable for all owners of the Android system. It is basic and as user-friendly as possible, so it makes sense to consider it in more detail. After all, few people know about transferring data from “iPhone” to “Samsung” using Goodle Drive.
A similar application is in the public domain for each user and apple products, and, in fact, Samsung. Methods for transferring photos, calendar, contacts will be shown here in detail. The principle is based on the fact that all information is copied to the Google cloud, and then dragged and dropped onto the Android device itself.
How to transfer data from “iPhone” to “Samsung”: instructions, tips
How to transfer data from “iPhone” to “Samsung”. Such a procedure, in fact, is much more complicated than the process of transferring material from Android to an Apple device. This is especially noticeable when applications are copied. After all, in general, many utilities that are on the “iPhone” are missing on the “Samsung”. But the rest of the files, such as messages, contacts, music, photos, notes, can be transferred in a very simple way, and the user will spend a minimum of his time on the procedure.
The procedure for transferring data from iPhone to Samsung is based on a few fairly simple steps:
- First of all, the user must access the application, so it must be downloaded to the “iPhone” via the AppStore. When the installation is complete, in the program itself you need to log into your Google account. If there is none yet, then it makes sense to create one. It is important to do this on “Samsung”.
- Then, after authorizing the user, you need to go to the application menu on the “iPhone”. Then select the gear icon from the list.
- When the next section is open, you need to find “Backup” in it. Click on this inscription.
- After that, a special menu will appear, where the user needs to select all the data that should be subsequently copied to “Samsung”.
- Then the procedure ends with the person clicking “Start backup”. All selected files will be uploaded to the Google cloud.
Here’s how to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung with a simple utility. Then the user’s actions end with the fact that he enters the cloud through his “Samsung”. In this case, the account must be the same. After that, you can already copy all your files to your phone. Once the sync is complete, the documents will be available on Android. If this method does not seem to be completely effective, and the user wants to get his music on another gadget, then it is necessary to proceed to the next transfer method.
Samsung Smart Switch
A similar utility is available to almost every Samsung owner. It is very effective if it is important to transfer information from the “iPhone” to “Samsung” completely. Here you can copy not only messages or calendar, but also music, and even notes. The application allows you to perform a similar procedure not only if you have an “iPhone”, but also other phone models.
You don’t have to use Google Drive if you don’t want to. When not all files need to be copied, everyone can use any cloud storage that is available for both “iPhone” and “Samsung”. For example, OneDrive, DropBox and others.
Synchronization with Samsung and Google accounts
The simplest possible way to transfer data from one Samsung device to another is by using Android’s built-in data sync tool with your Google and Samsung service accounts. This is done like this:
On your old device, go to “Settings”. “General” and select “Back up and reset”.
Within this menu item, check the option “Archive data”.
Go back to the previous window and tap on “Accounts”.
Select “Samsung account”.
Tap on “Synchronize everything”.
Wait for the information to be copied to Samsung cloud storage.
On your new smartphone, log into the same account where you backed up your data. By default, the automatic sync function is active on Android, so after a while the data will appear on your device.
For a Google account, the actions are almost identical, only in step 4 you need to select “Google”.
This method, despite its simplicity, is also limited. you cannot transfer music and applications installed not through the Play Market or Galaxy Apps in this way.
dr. fone. Switch
A small utility from Chinese developers Wondershare that allows you to transfer data from one Android smartphone to another in just a couple of clicks. Of course, the program is also compatible with Samsung devices.
Enable USB debugging on both devices. Read more: How to enable USB debugging mode on Android
Then connect your Samsung devices to your PC, but before that, make sure that the correct drivers are installed on it.
Click on the “Switch” block.
When the devices are recognized, you will see an image like the screenshot below.
On the left. the source device, in the center. the selection of the categories of data that need to be transferred, on the right. the destination device. Select the files you want to transfer from one smartphone to another and click “Start transfer“.
The transfer process will start. When it is over, click “OK” and exit the program.
As with Smart Switch, there are restrictions on the type of files that can be transferred. In addition, dr. fone. Switch in English, and its trial version allows you to transfer only 10 positions of each data category.
2 Best Ways to Transfer Data Using Samsung Smart Switch (2020)
Samsung has developed a proprietary application for transferring data from one device (not only Galaxy) to other smartphones of its own production. The app is called Smart Switch and comes in the form of a mobile utility or software for Windows and Mac OS desktops.
Smart Switch allows you to transfer data via USB cable or Wi-Fi. In addition, you can use the desktop version of the application and transfer information between smartphones using a computer. The algorithm for all methods is similar, so let’s consider the transfer using the example of a wireless connection via an application for phones.
Install Smart Switch on both devices.
Launch the app on your old device. Select the transmission method “Wi-Fi” (“Wireless”).
Go to the new device. Open Smart Switch and select “Receive”.
In the window for selecting the OS of the old device, check the item “Android”.
On your old device, click on “Connect”.
You will be prompted to select the categories of data that will be transferred to the new machine. Together with them, the application will display the time required for the transfer.
Check the information you need and click “Send”.
Confirm receipt of files on the new device.
After the marked time has passed, Smart Switch Mobile will notify you of a successful transfer.
This method is extremely simple, however, using Smart Switch you cannot transfer data and settings of third-party applications, as well as cache and save games.
Methods for transferring data on Samsung smartphones
There are several ways to transfer information from one Samsung device to another. using the proprietary Smart Switch utility, synchronizing with a Samsung or Google account, using third-party programs. Let’s consider each of them.
How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Samsung
When buying a new smartphone, users often wonder how to transfer data from their old phone to it. Today we will tell you how to do this procedure on Samsung devices.
How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Samsung
How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Samsung
If you only need to transfer your photos, then the Google Photos service will perfectly cope with this task. It’s quite easy to use.
Install the app on both Samsung devices. Enter it first on the old.
Swipe right to access the main menu.
In the settings, tap on the item “Startup and synchronization”.
Entering this menu item, activate synchronization by tapping on the switch.
If you use multiple Google accounts, select the one you want.
On the new device, sign in to the account you turned on sync and repeat steps 1-4. After some time, photos from the previous Samsung smartphone will become available on the currently used one.
How to Transfer Files From Samsung To Samsung
Samsung Data Transfer to transfer data from phone to phone
A convenient tool that allows you to transfer files from one smartphone to another is the “Samsung Data Transfer” program. It allows you to transfer data, call logs, text messages, photos, videos, music, documents and applications. It supports both the exchange of data between Android devices, and between Android and iOS, and essentially iOS devices.
Let’s see how you can transfer information from Samsung to Samsung using this program:
Install “Samsung Data Transfer” software (Windows, Mac) on your PC;
After completing the copy procedure, the marked data will be transferred to Samsung.
Transfer Files to Samsung via USB Cable
Although it is generally not recommended to use a USB cable to transfer data from one Samsung phone to another, you can use it to copy your photos and videos from your old phone.
- Connect your old Samsung Galaxy to PC via USB cable;
- Go to “My Computer” and click on the name of your mobile device;
- Open the SD card or internal memory of the phone, which contains the desired photos, videos or VCF;
- You can find photos and videos in the “DCIM” folder or see VCFs (contacts) in the storage folder;
How to Transfer Data from Samsung Phone to Samsung
Many of us are stalwarts of Samsung phones. High-quality, durable, functional. they serve us faithfully, delighting us with their merits for many years. But there comes a time when our device becomes obsolete, and we decide to buy the next gadget. After purchasing a smartphone, we are faced with the need to transfer data from an old device to a new one, which seems to be a grueling and time-consuming process. But not everything is so scary! Below we will analyze how to quickly copy all data from the old Samsung to the new Samsung. And also what tools will help us with this.
Smart Switch. help to transport files from one Samsung to another
Smart Switch application. It is a free app to transfer photo, audio and other files from old Samsung to new Samsung. In addition to supporting Samsung devices, the functionality of the program allows you to transfer files from other phones based on the OS, Android, iOS and Blackberry. The application supports transferring contacts, call logs, messages, applications, images, video, audio, documents, phone settings, home screen.
To transfer information using this software, do the following:
- Download and install the Smart Switch app on both devices;
- Launch the application on your old phone, and select the “Wireless” data transfer method (using Wi-Fi);
Transfer any data you need to Samsung via Bluetooth
Transferring data using Bluetooth is not the fastest and most efficient method of transferring data. But if there is no stable Wi-Fi connection nearby, Bluetooth transfer can be the panacea you need.
- Turn on Bluetooth function on both Samsung devices;
- Connect the old and new gadgets using a password to establish a connection;
- On the Samsung source device, select the target file such as contact, picture, video, note, and more;
- Click on the “Share” button and select Bluetooth;
SHAREit. free data transfer app
“SHAREit”. it is a free application designed to transfer files between Android phones. To transfer data from Samsung device to Samsung device, make sure the sending and receiving phones are connected to the same Wi-Fi hotspot.
To transfer something from Samsung to Samsung follow these steps:
- Install “SHAREit” on both gadgets;
- On your old phone, tap on “Send”;
- Select the items you want to transfer. Then click on “Submit” again;
- On a new Samsung phone, tap on “Receive”;
- Complete the file transfer process.
You can also transfer contacts and any other information to a new phone via Bluetooth. Of course, this is not the fastest way to transfer data. However, if your home does not have high-speed Wi-Fi or USB cables, do the following:
- turn on bluetooth on 2 gadgets. To do this, go to settings and click on Bluetooth. If it is not in the list, then open the “Wireless networks” section;
- when the smartphones find each other, perform pairing by pressing the “Pair” button. If any of the smartphones is not located, make sure that it is switched to visible mode;
- on the old gadget, find the required section, then click on the Share button and select the transfer via Bluetooth;
- then select a new phone and click on the send button. On the target device, click “Accept”.
If the total weight of files is several gigabytes, then we recommend using another method, since the transfer via Bluetooth will take a long time.
The manufacturer has developed a proprietary program for transferring data from Android to Android. It is suitable both for budget devices of the manufacturer (for example, A50 and A51) and for flagships in the face of the Galaxy S10 and S20.
This utility allows you to transfer data from your old phone to a new one via USB or using Wi-Fi. You can also download the PC version and transfer data through your computer. The algorithm of actions for each version of Smart Switch is approximately the same.
- Make sure both gadgets are turned on and have enough power to take action.
- Smart Switch must be preinstalled on both smartphones (see the list of apps). If any phone does not have it, then download the utility in Google Play.
- Open the program on both smartphones and click on “Send data” or “Receive data” (choose your own on each device).
- Now on the old Samsung you will be prompted to choose the option for transferring information: wirelessly or via USB. When you select the first option, the phones will find each other and automatically connect. In the second case, you need to connect the devices together with a USB-C or USB-A to USB-C cable. Select Wi-Fi Transfer.
- On the transmitting gadget, select all the information you plan to transfer: messages, photos, phone book, notes, etc.
- After that, the device will notify you about how much the transferred data will take and how long the transfer will take.
Note! If the amount of data exceeds 5-6 GB, we recommend choosing cable transfer to speed up the process. If information is transferred over Wi-Fi, be prepared for 20-30 minutes of waiting (depending on the speed of the Internet).
- Select “Submit” and allow the transfer of information. We recommend that you do not touch both smartphones during the transfer: this will not only speed up the process, but also avoid data loss.
Smart Switch is a great way to transfer data that was missed by a backup to a new phone. But through the application you cannot transfer the settings of third-party applications, as well as the cache from applications and games.
Dr. Fone. Switch
A Chinese program that allows you to transfer information from one Android device to another in just a couple of steps. Naturally, the application is also supported by Samsung smartphones. To transfer information, download the program and follow the algorithm:
- on 2 gadgets, enable USB debugging mode. Now connect both gadgets to your computer. But before that, we recommend that you check if the computer has all the necessary drivers;
- open the downloaded utility and click on Switch;
- when the devices recognize each other, the display will show the icons of both smartphones and a menu in which you can select the information to be transferred;
- select the data you plan to transfer (for example, transfer contacts, photos, etc.). But be aware that the utility cannot copy information from system programs and protected folders;
- after selecting the files to transfer, click on “OK” and exit the application.
Unfortunately, the app also has its drawbacks. First, it is written entirely in English. And secondly, in the regular version of the program, no more than 10 files from each category can be transferred (for example, no more than 10 photos or audio).
Samsung Smart Switch 2020. Transfer ALL Your Data, FAST!
Data transfer via computer
If the task is to quickly transfer data, then we recommend that you perform the steps using a computer:
- connect the transmitting smartphone to the PC via a USB cable;
- find your mobile phone in the “Computer” section;
- from a computer, go to the built-in storage of a smartphone or to an SD card (depending on where the necessary information is stored);
- copy data from the device memory and paste it on the desktop;
- disconnect the old phone from the computer and connect the new gadget to it via USB;
- drag the copied files from the desktop to the internal storage or to the memory card of the new phone.
As you can see, the method is quite simple. And if you have a more or less powerful computer, then all actions will take only a few minutes.
Transfer using a memory card
You will need a file manager. You can use either the built-in or a third-party program (for example, ES Explorer). The algorithm is as follows:
- open the file manager and select “Local storage”, then click on Internal Storage;
- find the folder you want. Tap on it and hold it until the action window appears;
- click “Copy”;
- in the sidebar, click on the item “SD Card”;
- now select the folder where you are going to transfer the data and click “Paste”.
In this way, you can transfer photos, music, videos and other files. When finished, insert the memory card into your new phone.
To transfer contacts, the principle of action is different:
- on the transmitting smartphone go to “Contacts”;
- click on the three dots and select “Import / Export”;
- then select “Export to storage” and wait for the contacts to be copied to the SD card. In this case, a file of the vcf format will appear on the drive itself;
- place the memory card in the receiving device;
- open the “Contacts” section;
- click on the three dots and go to the “Import from storage” section.
After that, the contacts will be automatically transferred to the phone memory.
Transferring data through Google and Samsung accounts
One of the easiest ways to transfer information is to sync through your Google and Samsung accounts. The actions are as follows:
- on the transmitting device, enter the settings and click on “General”;
- then click on “Archive and reset” and click on the item “Archive”;
- go back to the previous page and open “Accounts”;
- in the list that appears, select “Samsung account” and click “Sync. everything”;
- After transferring successfully on your new phone, sign in with the same Samsung account. Automatic synchronization is available on Android, so after a while all the transferred information will be on the new gadget.
Important! When transferring through a Google account, the actions are almost identical, however in the fourth step you need to click on the Google icon.
Transfer Data from One Samsung Phone to Another
When buying a new phone, we first of all think about how to transfer all data from one phone to another. These actions can be performed both with the help of a special program, and via Bluetooth or using a computer. From the article, the reader will learn how to transfer data from Samsung to Samsung and what methods are suitable for this.