How to Access Samsung Cloud on the Internet
Visit and sign in to your Samsung account. Later, you can check files from all your Galaxy devices.
You may be notified that Samsung Cloud cannot backup data because there is not enough space. Well, if your Samsung backup files are over 15GB, you need to pay for the extra storage. During this time, you can turn off Samsung sync and auto backup features to save space. Removing large videos and old pictures is also helpful. Actually, you can transfer and manage Samsung data with a third-party file transfer app to get the best experience.
To transfer local backup from one Android phone to another, follow these steps:
To get started, manually create a backup of your most recent chats.
Go to WhatsApp Menu Button Call and Chat Options Chat Backup.
Next, transfer this backup to your new Android phone.
If your phone has an external SD card and has a backup stored on it, remove the SD card from the old phone and insert it into the new one. 2. On phones with internal storage or internal SD card (like most Samsung devices), you will need to move the / SD card / WhatsApp / folder from your old phone to the same folder on the new phone. There are several ways you can do this. You can use File Explorer or even move the backup files to your computer. 3
Please note that it is possible that some files may be lost during such a transfer. Please double check that any files you wish to transfer to your new phone are included in the backup. four
If you are not sure which SD card is on your phone, we recommend checking the specifications of your phone on the website of your phone manufacturer.
Once you’ve safely moved your backups, you can install WhatsApp on your new Android phone.
During the installation process, WhatsApp will automatically find the backup folder and ask you if you want to restore it. After restoration, your old chats will be displayed on the new phone.
How to transfer contacts
The ease of this process depends on your previous contact sync practices. Now, are you syncing your contacts with your Gmail account? If so, all you have to do is download them to your Android smartphone. All you have to do is log into your Gmail account. All phone numbers stored there will be automatically loaded.
But, if you don’t sync your contacts with Gmail, you have to work a little more. The easiest way is to download a.vcf file with contacts from iCloud and then import it to your phone or Google Contacts.
- On iPhone, go to the Settings app and select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
- Next, open “iCloud Settings” and enable “Contacts”. For a while, contacts will be uploaded to Apple’s cloud services.
- Now on your computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select the “Contacts” icon and then click on the gear in the lower left corner. Click on the gear again and select “Export vCard”.
- After the.vcf file is loaded, you can import this file to Google contacts or directly to your phone.
- To import to Google Contacts, go to contacts.google.com and select and click Import. Indicate where the file is located, and you’re done.
- To import the.vcf file directly to your new phone, simply download it to your phone using any method, for example, via a microSD card or by connecting it to your computer. Once the file is on your phone, simply open the Contacts application and click on the Menu button. There should be an “Import / Export” option. Indicate where the file is located and that’s it.
This feature is present on all Xiaomi devices, starting with MIUI 7 firmware and above. It is based on the wireless connection of two gadgets using high-speed Wi-Fi, which is many times faster than data transfer via Bluetooth.
- photo, video and audio data;
- APK documents and files;
- contacts saved in the phonebook.
You don’t have to download anything to use this feature.
The sequence of actions for using Mi Drop is very simple and looks like this:
- We activate the function by clicking on its icon (a circle with an arrow, the pointer of which is directed to the center) in the drop-down top window;
- Having found the file that needs to be transferred, click on it and hold it until a pop-up context menu appears with various options for actions;
- Among all the items we find “Send” and select it;
- The main thing is to pre-enable the function on the recipient’s gadget so that the synchronization goes smoothly;
- After confirming the action on both sides, we wait for a while until the data is transferred from one Xiaomi device to another.
The function is very practical, especially when there is a need to quickly transfer several files, but for more global purposes there are other options.
The best way to transfer any phone data is to use the cloud from Xiaomi.
You will have to get a Mi account when you turn on your smartphone for the first time. This means that you are just one step away from the desired action. If suddenly (pah-pah) something unpleasant happens to the device, the memory fails, the processor dies, or maybe they just steal it, that is the only way to return the missing contacts. This is to use the company’s branded service.
What does all of this mean? And the fact that moving and preserving everything you need will not be difficult, and it will bring enormous benefits. When the new phone is linked to the old Mi account, when the synchronization is turned on, it will quickly download contacts from the cloud, you will not insert the SIM card yet, and the subscribers will already be in the phone’s memory. All of the above is true and possible for operations with a Google account. I advise you to duplicate your contacts and hide them in different places. You never know what can happen.
Back up your whatsapp chats on your old phone.
Go to WhatsApp Menu Button Call and Chat Options Backup Chats.
Now move the external SD card to your new phone if the WhatsApp / Database folder is already on your external SD card. Be sure to refer to the detailed steps below if your WhatsApp folder is located on your device’s internal storage.
- Install WhatsApp on your new phone.
- Confirm the WhatsApp phone number you backed up your chats to.
- Now click the Recover button when prompted to recover your message history.
Copy Files from Samsung to Xiaomi
It is extremely useful to use this mobile phone data transfer software to transfer any or all files and documents from Samsung to Xiaomi. You can see the data types in the “Select content to copy” column. You can select the file types including contacts, text messages, photos, videos, music and songs, calendars, call logs, and then click the “Start Transfer” button to copy them from Samsung to Xiaomi. There is an option under the Xiaomi phone called “ clear data before copying “, which can also be useful if you want to erase existing data on your Xiaomi or Redmi phone before copying existing data from Samsung to them.
That’s all you need to know about transferring data from Samsung mobile phone to Xiaomi Redmi. One more thing that we also have to report. it is that this mobile phone transfer has several other features that deserve attention.
Mi Mover: Transfer Any Data from Old Phone to Xiaomi Device
If you want to move contacts, messages, photos, music, videos and other data or files from your old phone to your new Smart device, Mi Mover and Mi Drop apps can help you. These two powerful phone transfer tools will save you a lot of time.
Xiaomi. world renowned smartphone manufacturer. And although since its inception, the company has released many other gadgets: smart home devices. audio gadgets. fitness bracelets and others. smartphones remain the company’s number one category.
In 2016, Xiaomi launched the app Mi Mover. designed to greatly simplify the process of transferring data from an old phone to a new Xiaomi smartphone. In this post, we will take a closer look at the application itself, its capabilities, what it is used for and the actual process of transferring data to a Xiaomi phone.
The new app supports transferring all kinds of data: contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, installed apps, etc. You can easily connect the app to another smartphone by simply scanning the QR code.
Transferring contacts using a memory card
This method is in many ways similar to the previous one, but it has a big advantage.
Using an SD card, you can transfer a large number of numbers from one gadget to another:
How to Transfer Data from Old Android Device to XIAOMI Mi Note 10 – Copy / Transfer Files
- First, in the old phone in the “Contacts” menu, open the settings section and click on the “Import / Export” line. Here, select export to SD card. In this case, contacts will be recorded as.vcf files.
- After that, the memory card should be placed in a special slot in the new Xiaomi smartphone.
- In the contacts menu, you also need to go to the “Import / Export” section and select the “Import from SD” command.
- The required numbers will appear in the phone book.
Associated File and Date Transfer Tool of Xiaomi Phone
Here we will talk about the new date of the Xiaomi phone and the file transfer tool: Mi Drop, , an ad-free P2P file transfer tool that works without internet connection. It’s more powerful than Mi Mover, we think you’ll like it.
Transfer Contacts to Xiaomi: 6 Easy Ways
When buying a new smartphone, we face some difficulties. First of all, it is worth transferring all the necessary information from the old gadget to an unusual model. Each device has its own nuances when syncing data. The Xiaomi model is no exception: contacts and media files can be transferred to these smartphones in several ways.
Possible problems in displaying contacts
It is definitely worth investigating the possible problems that an inexperienced Xiaomi owner may have. Often, after duplicating information in contacts, names or part of them in Russian disappear.
To prevent this from happening, in the “Settings” menu you need to go to the “Display” section. Here manufacturers allow you to choose different ways to sort your records. And also there are sections “SIM-card contacts” and “Only with a phone number”, which must be enabled so that the user displays all available phone numbers.
Xiaomi smartphones are gaining in popularity due to their performance and affordable price. The Redmi line is the most appreciated on the market, because they are easy to use.
Even with such a goal as transferring contacts from an old gadget, you can cope in several ways. The user only has to choose a convenient method for himself.
How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to Xiaomi Redmi
Connect Samsung and Xiaomi to Computer
Now connect both mobile phones to PC or Mac via USB data cable Transfer from mobile should automatically detect your USB connection and display the two connected phones side by side.
Xiaomi Phone Connection Error and Fix Failed to Connect Xiaomi or Redmi Phone in Mobile Transfer Software? See Troubleshoot connection to Xiaomi phone.
The phone is on the left. this is the source device from which the data is copied, second from the right. the target device to which the data is sent. If you find that they are in the wrong position, simply click the Flip button between them to change their position. Also this is a guide to batch transfer all data from Xiaomi to Samsung mobile.
Photo sync with cloud service
Cloud services are the main helpers for those who like to store a lot of photos and videos for a long time. You can transfer files one-time, or you can connect periodically saving data to the cloud storage.
Use Google Drive. a storage from Google. All data located on the virtual disk will be under the reliable protection of Google
To upload photos to the service, log in to your Google account, then open the Drive app. On the left side of the screen, find the “Add” button, in the drop-down list, click on the “Create folder” option.
In the created directory, also click the icon. select the required images on your phone and click the “Download” button.
Files downloaded in this way will be available for viewing on a smartphone and PC. Data can be safely deleted from the memory of a mobile device. now they are stored on a virtual disk.
Transfer photos via Bluetooth
Bluetooth is an option for synchronizing devices with each other. Turn on the option on your smartphone, then search for active devices on your PC. As soon as the smartphone is detected by the system, click on its name with the right mouse button and select the line “connect”.
In the appeared interaction window, click on the line “Send or receive files via Bluetooth”. Click on it and select the Receive files option.
Open your mobile gallery and mark all images for transfer. Then click the “Share” button, choose Bluetooth as a channel. Mark your PC in the list of devices to which we will send pictures. It will take a few minutes for the files to be sent, after which they will all appear in a special folder on your PC.
Data transfer via USB cable
The most convenient way to transfer via a USB cable is to use a separate software, for example, FoneLab HyperTrans. This program allows you to synchronize the work of your mail, social networks, work programs between your PC and smartphone, as well as transfer any data: photos, videos, presentations, music, and more. Using the utility, you can access documents on your computer from your phone, or answer a phone call from your computer.
To get started, download and install FoneLab HyperTrans on your PC.
Connect your phone with a cord to your computer.
Run the program. Information about the connected device will appear on the screen. On the right side of the screen, you will see a list of actions that are performed with the data on it.
We will need a photo section. In it you can add or delete images, create albums and transfer photos to other media.
Mark the required photo and the action you want to perform with it. To transfer to PC, select “Export to PC”, then specify the folder in which you want to place the photos, and click OK. All selected files will be moved to the directory you specified.
How to Transfer Photos or Other Data from Samsung to Computer
Samsung gadget manufacturers are striving to create a unified system from a smartphone and a home or work PC. This is convenient for fast file sharing and synchronization of programs, for example, mail or instant messengers. Therefore, for Samsung smartphones, there are several ways to transfer data to PC.
Samsung Kies is a dedicated PC photo transfer system for Samsung Galaxy series phones. Using the utility, you can transfer any data to a smartphone connected to a PC via a USB cable, as well as synchronize the work of almost any service. For this:
- Download and install the utility on your PC.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to your device using a USB cable. The computer will immediately detect your device.
- Run the program. Open the Photo section among the options on the left side of the screen.
- All photos from your smartphone will be displayed on the screen.
- Check all the pictures you want to transfer. Click the Save to PC button.
That’s all! All necessary data has been copied to your computer.
How to Copy Photos from Samsung Phone to Computer
Sometimes the phone memory is not enough to store all important information, all photos from parties or videos from a vacation. Fortunately, data from your phone can be transferred to other media, including a PC. If you are wondering how to transfer pictures from Samsung phone to computer, there are several ways to do it.
How to Transfer Data between phones using Samsung Switch– Copy data from Xiaomi to Samsung S20 Ultra
Sending a photo via mail or instant messengers
The last option that we will consider is the use of mail or instant messengers. It is suitable for sending a small amount of photos with light weight.
To send images using the messenger, open any of them, the computer version of which is installed on your computer, and send the photos to friends or to yourself. Then go to the desktop version of the program and find the file, right-click on it and select the “Save As” option, then select the folder to store.
You can do the same with mail. Write a letter to yourself or a friend, attaching several necessary files to it. Log in to the mail service from a computer browser and open the letter with the files. Download them in the usual way.
Methods for transferring data on Samsung smartphones
There are several ways to transfer information from one Samsung device to another. using the proprietary Smart Switch utility, synchronizing with a Samsung or Google account, using third-party programs. Let’s consider each of them.
Transferring data from one Samsung device to another
Samsung has developed a proprietary application for transferring data from one device (not only Galaxy) to other smartphones of its own production. The app is called Smart Switch and comes in the form of a mobile utility or software for Windows and Mac OS desktops.
Smart Switch allows you to transfer data via USB cable or Wi-Fi. In addition, you can use the desktop version of the application and transfer information between smartphones using a computer. The algorithm for all methods is similar, so let’s consider the transfer using the example of a wireless connection via an application for phones.
On Galaxy S8 / S8 and higher devices, the Smart Switch is integrated into the system and is located at “Settings”. “Cloud and accounts”. “Smart Switch”.
In the window for selecting the OS of the old device, check the item “Android”.
On your old device, click on “Connect”.
This method is extremely simple, however, using Smart Switch you cannot transfer data and settings of third-party applications, as well as cache and save games.
dr. fone. Switch
A small utility from Chinese developers Wondershare that allows you to transfer data from one Android smartphone to another in just a couple of clicks. Of course, the program is also compatible with Samsung devices.
Enable USB debugging on both devices.
Then connect your Samsung devices to your PC, but before that, make sure that the correct drivers are installed on it.
Run other background. Switch.
Click on the “Switch” block.
When the devices are recognized, you will see an image like the screenshot below. On the left. the source device, in the center. the selection of the categories of data that need to be transferred, on the right. the destination device. Select the files you want to transfer from one smartphone to another and click “Start transfer”.
Be careful! The program does not know how to transfer data from protected Knox folders and some Samsung system applications!
As with Smart Switch, there are restrictions on the type of files that can be transferred. In addition, dr. fone. Switch in English, and its trial version allows you to transfer only 10 positions of each data category.
Synchronization with Samsung and Google accounts
The simplest possible way to transfer data from one Samsung device to another is by using Android’s built-in data sync tool with your Google and Samsung service accounts. This is done like this:
On your old device go to “Settings”. “General” and select “Back up and reset”.
Within this menu item, check the option “Archive data”.
Go back to the previous window and tap on “Accounts”.
This method, despite its simplicity, is also limited. you cannot transfer music and applications installed not through the Play Market or Galaxy Apps in this way.
Google Photos If you only need to transfer your photos, then the Google Photos service will perfectly cope with this task. It’s quite easy to use.
- Install the app on both Samsung devices. Enter it first on the old.
- Swipe right to access the main menu. Select “Settings”.
- In the settings, tap on the item “Startup and synchronization”.
We have reviewed the most convenient methods for transferring data between Samsung smartphones. Which one did you use?
Transfer via SD card
You can also use a removable storage device to transfer data between devices.
Transfer can be done using applications such as AppMgr III (App 2 SD), Link2SD, MiniTool Partition, FolderMount, etc.
Most of them will require root user rights to work.
- Insert SD card into device.
- Log in: “Settings”. “All Apps”. sort by name. “Documents”.
- Download and install a file transfer software.
- Using the instructions of the program, we move the necessary materials to the SD card.
- After installing the card in another device, all the transferred files will be available on it.
Mi Drop app
The program is designed to exchange files on Xiaomi mobile devices, similar transfer programs are available from other companies.
- Disconnect the device where the files will be sent from the mobile Internet, activate the Wi-Fi hotspot on it.
- Open the Mi Drop program on the receiving device, click the “Receive” button. Wi-Fi must be on.
- In the sending phone, select the files you want and click “Send”. To transfer, select Mi Drop in the opened tab.
- Click on the icon of the required gadget from the list of detected devices. Wait for the end of the transfer.
Data transfer via backup
Backup is easiest to do through the MIUI operating system. This method allows you to make a local backup, as well as back up using Mi Cloud.
- Go to “Settings”, from there to “Advanced” or “Advanced settings”.
- Select “Restore and reset”, click “Local backup” (here you can also select Scheduled Backup and Google Backup).
- Create a Backup highlighting the content you want. Expect to save.
To transfer, you need to log into one Mi-account on both devices.
To synchronize data on devices:
- Log in to the Mi-account on the second smartphone.
- In “Settings” click “Restore using backup”.
- Specify a restore point and transfer the saved data.
All Ways to Transfer Data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi
In Xiaomi devices, the phone book assigns a QR code to each entered contact. You can transfer numbers with this utility.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on both smartphones.
- Click on a contact and scroll to the QR code image.
- ON the receiving smartphone go to “Tools”, select “Scanner”.
- .By pointing the camera at the QR code, you will move the contact to the device.
Creating a Mi Cloud account allows you to post data to the cloud. The service is required to transfer files to another device, for example, when buying another Xiaomi phone. To transfer information from the cloud storage to another smartphone, go from the device to the desired Mi-account and Mi Cloud.
How to Transfer Data from Android Device to Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro?
Pre-registration in Mi-account is required!
- Log in using your personal username and password from your mobile device.
- If the procedure is performed correctly, you will be taken to the home page, where the amount of free memory is indicated. Standard volume is 5GB (if necessary, it can be increased for an additional fee).
- To start uploading data to the cloud, go to “Settings”. “Synchronization”. “Mi Cloud”.
- In the window that opens, select the types of data to sync.
- On the home page, under the user’s nickname, there is a niche on the right with an indication of the categories copied from the phone. Files from the gallery, messages, recordings from a voice recorder, phone numbers are automatically saved here.
IPhone Transfer Methods
IPhone and Xiaomi do not have common applications, so use the Gmail application to transfer files.
- In your iPhone email settings, turn off iCloud sync. Uncheck the box that offers to delete the list of subscribers.
- Gmail is assigned by default to your iPhone account.
- Sync your data with Gmail. After that, it will be possible to copy contacts, photos and videos to the specified email address. To do this, go with Xiaomi to the same Google account and copy the necessary files.