How to migrate from Android to iOS by Apple’s method
Apple’s official Android to iOS migration app has been released. The world shuddered. How to use it?
Let’s take a look at the solution offered by the company. So, we transfer data from Android to iOS using the Move to iOS application.
How to use Move to iOS
So, you have a smartphone running the Android operating system and you are planning to transfer all the data to the iPhone. Before starting the copying process, make sure of the following:
- the smartphone has an OS of at least Android 4.0;
- both smartphones are connected to the WI-FI network;
- both devices are connected to the network using a charger;
- the iOS device has enough free memory to copy data from an Android smartphone.
- transferring data from an Android smartphone to a new iPhone.
How to Move from Android to iPhone (Complete Guide)
2. Once connected to the WI-FI network, make sure that you are in the iPhone Settings. Applications & Data:
- Google accounts;
- The calendar;
- Photographic film.
3. Open the Move to iOS app on your Android smartphone. Click Continue, agree to the license agreement.
4. When the Find Code menu appears on iPhone, select Transfer Data from Android. Continue. As soon as the 10-digit code appears on the iPhone screen, on the Android smartphone, press Next and enter the code.
5. Both devices will start the pairing process. As soon as the iPhone and Android smartphone go through the pairing procedure, you will be prompted to select which type of data you plan to copy:
After putting down the appropriate checkboxes, you can leave both smartphones alone and wait for the end of the copying process. The duration of copying directly depends on the amount of data that is stored in the memory of the smartphone running Android. During the transfer, do not minimize the application, do not disconnect smartphones from the WI-FI network and chargers.
After the end of the transfer, all the selected data will be successfully transferred to the iPhone memory. information can be found on the corresponding page of the official Apple website.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
It would seem that when you change your phone, transferring popular applications is easier than ever, because they have versions for a variety of platforms. But sometimes funny situations happen with messengers. For example, WhatsApp is very popular, and the amount of necessary actions depends greatly on how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone: to a completely new account, to the same number with saving contacts, or with a full transfer of communication history. We will analyze what and how you can do in such a situation and how you can transfer WhatsApp data.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
Please note: if you actively use both phones with the same account, there is a risk of encountering account blocking. Better to drop WhatsApp as above and not go back too often to the old platform.
And the developers also claim (see https://goo.gl/Wm7bnK) that saving history when transferring Watsap from Android to iPhone is impossible. Probably due to the nature of the platform, the data is stored in a different format. Reminds me of an excuse, since a regular address book between different types of smartphones is easily transferred through a Gmail account.
The maximum, as you can copy records from WhatsApp from Android to iPhone officially. send them to yourself by e-mail to view them as a text file. If that suits you, open the chat menu and in the “” section choose to send the chat by mail. Keep in mind that the media will simply be attached to the letter.
If you want to start a new life from a clean smartphone and are not at all worried about how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, saving your correspondence and photos, the process is trivial. Install a new SIM in your phone, download the messenger from the App Store and register again.
The advantage of the method is the absence of any preparatory actions. Minus. all contacts will remain on the old account, you will have to add them again.
Full move of WhatsApp to the new OS
And yet, there is a way how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone with history. What the creators of the messenger could not (or did not want) to do was fixed by the developers of Backuptrans. The set of applications from this company includes a special utility for painless migration between platforms. You can download it on the official website (https://goo.gl/rWRCEK). For work with 3 devices, they ask for 19.95, for 8 devices. 29.95, and unlimited for a year will cost 149.95. Or find an alternative version of the software somewhere on w3bsit3-dns.com.
To transfer WhatsApp from one phone to another, you need a computer as an intermediate element and a pair of cables to connect both smartphones to it at the same time.
Install the program itself and iTunes at least 11 versions. Install WhatsApp on iPhone and verify the number.
Launch the program (Android version WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer is required) and connect the phones.
Before restoring chats to a new location, back up the contents of your account to your computer. On Android, a corresponding message may appear, in which case, confirm saving the data, but do not enter the password. Then click “OK” in the program.
After that, all dialogs and their contents will be available on the computer. This means that it will be possible to transfer messages to the target phone.
If you want to transfer all the dialogs, select the source smartphone in the list and click on the data transfer icon. Or select the appropriate item from the context menu of the phone.
For a separate dialogue, the actions are similar, only you need to first select a contact.
Specify where to copy messages. Please note that iPhone must be closed for WhatsApp to work properly.
If you use the same SIM card, then the process is even easier. connect Android with SIM, make a backup, rearrange the SIM card (do not forget to verify the number in the messenger) and connect iPhone to download history from a local copy.
Sometimes it happens that the proposed algorithm of actions does not give results. What to do in case of errors and sync failures?
It is enough to check that the phones are connected correctly. To do this, you will have to return to the “Mail, Calendars, Addresses” section on the iPhone. Here you need to open the data transfer settings and look at the SSL field. If port 443 is written in the line, it is recommended to use a different method of transferring contacts (it will be discussed later). Usually SSL is filled in automatically. If this did not happen, write 443 to the corresponding line and save the changes. After that, the user must follow the previously suggested instructions.
What is required
Yes. In fact, transferring contacts from smartphone to smartphone is not a hassle. Especially with the right preparation.
If you want to know how to transfer contacts from Samsung to iPhone, then you first need to prepare some devices and data. What is it about? So, for the successful transfer of contacts to an “apple” phone, you need to acquire the following components:
- the Samsung phone to work with;
- Google account.
Basically, nothing else is needed. Mobile devices must be connected to the Internet. Without it, it will not be possible to bring the idea to life. How to transfer contacts from “Samsung” to iPhone?
How to transfer contacts from “Samsung” to iPhone: tips and tricks
It may seem to some that transferring data from Android to iPhone is a very difficult task. It’s no secret that the iPhone works with the iOS operating system. It does not recognize many Android formats. However, if done correctly, the task is not a hassle.
The rest of the article will tell you how to transfer contacts from “Samsung” to iPhone. What should every owner of Android and Apple phones know about this procedure? Is it really possible to transfer contacts and other data from one mobile operating system to another without problems??
Android and Google
The first step is to sync the Android operating system with Google. This is easier than it sounds. Even a novice user will be able to cope with this task. Transferring contacts from Android to iPhone is problematic without synchronization.
It is proposed to proceed as follows:
- Turn on Samsung phone.
- Open the functional menu. Select the “Settings” item in it.
- Go to the “Accounts” section.
- Select the line with the inscription Google in the window that appears.
- Enter data from your Google account. This is your login email and password. If synchronization has already been set, it is enough to specify the appropriate profile.
- Click on the “Synchronize contacts” button.
- Wait a while.
Done! After completing the procedure, the contacts from the “Samsung” (“Android”) phone will be synchronized with the Google account. Usually the duration of the operation depends on the size of the phone book of the device.
How to move from Android to iPhone — Apple Support
iPhone and Google
How to transfer contacts from “Samsung” to iPhone? If data synchronization between Google and Android is installed, you can move on. The next step is to establish an iPhone-Google connection. As a result of this action, new contacts will appear on the “apple” phone.
Switching from Android to iPhone after 10 Years. THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!
What needs to be done? It is enough to adhere to a small instruction. It looks something like this:
- Launch iPhone. Wait for him to be fully ready for work.
- Visit the main menu of the gadget. Click on “Settings”.
- Go to the section “Mail, addresses, calendars”.
- Click on the button “Add Account”. “Other”.CardDAV.
- In the window that appears, enter data from the previously used mail on Google. You will need a password and an exact address. It is important that in the “Server” section there is an inscription “google.com”.
- Click on “Forward”.
These actions are enough to quickly transfer information from one phone to another. How to transfer contacts from “Samsung” to iPhone? Once all the above steps are completed, you need to close the settings and open the “Contacts” section. Data will be read from Android. IPhone phone book will be replenished with new contacts.
But that’s not all! You can transfer data from your “Samsung” (“Android“) mobile phone in another way. It is offered by Apple. The solution was invented in 2015. Apple introduced a program called Move to iOS. This application is designed to quickly switch to “apple” devices from Android operating systems.
How to transfer contacts from “Samsung” to iPhone? The algorithm of actions in this case will look something like this:
- Download the Move to iOS program to a mobile phone with the “Android” operating system.
- Connect iPhone and Samsung to Wi-Fi.
- Go to the iPhone in the “Settings”. “Programs and Data”.
- Open Move to iOS on “Android”. Click on the “Continue” button and agree with the warning.
- Enter the special data transfer code on your Samsung mobile phone. It will appear on the iPhone screen after the previous steps.
- Click on “Next”.
- The devices will sync. After that, the owner of smartphones will be prompted to select the data to transfer. It is necessary to put a mark in front of the line “Contacts”.
All that’s now left. it’s a bit of a wait. The exchange of data between mobile phones will start. We hope the question of how to transfer contacts from “Samsung” to iPhone will no longer cause you any difficulties.
Move to iOS app to transfer data from Android to iPhone
In the second half of 2015, Apple released the Move to iOS app for Android smartphones and tablets, designed to migrate to the iPhone or iPad. With this application, after purchasing a device from Apple, you can relatively easily transfer all your data, including contacts, to it.
However, with a high probability, you will still have to transfer contacts to the iPhone manually, using one of the methods described below. The fact is that the application allows you to copy data only to a new iPhone or iPad, i.e. when it is activated, and if yours is already activated, then to use this method you will have to reset it with the loss of all data (which is why, I think, the rating of the application in the Play Market is slightly higher than 2 points).
For details on how exactly to transfer contacts, calendars, photos and other information from Android to iPhone and iPad in this application, you can read in the official Apple guide: https://support.Apple.com/ru-us/HT201196
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
Purchased an Apple phone and want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone?. it is simple to do this, and for this there are several ways, which I will describe in this manual. And by the way, you should not use any third-party programs for this (although there are enough of them), because you already have everything that you may need. (If you need to transfer contacts in reverse: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android)
Transferring Android contacts to iPhone is possible both online, if the contacts are synchronized with Google, and without using the Internet, but almost directly: from the phone to the phone (almost. because in the interval we need to use the computer). You can also import contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone, I’ll write about this too.
Sync Google Contacts to iPhone
The first method is for those who have Android contacts synchronized with Google. in this case, all we need to transfer them is to remember the username and password from their account, which will need to be entered in the iPhone settings.
In order to transfer contacts, go to the iPhone settings, select “Mail, addresses, calendars”, then. “Add account”.
Further steps may differ (read the description and choose what suits you best):
- You can simply add your Google account by selecting the appropriate item. Once added, you can choose what to sync: Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes. By default, this entire set is synced.
- If you need to transfer only contacts, then click “Other”, and then select “CardDAV Account” and fill it in with the following parameters: server. google.com, username and password, in the “Description” field you can write something of your choice eg “Android Contacts”. Save the record and your contacts will sync.
Attention: if you have two-factor authentication enabled in your Google account (an SMS comes when you log in from a new computer), then you need to create an application password before performing the indicated points (both in the first and second cases) and use this particular password when entering. (About what an app password is and how to create one: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en)
How to transfer SIM contacts
I don’t know if it’s worth highlighting the transfer of contacts from a SIM card to a separate item, but questions about this often arise.
So, to transfer contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone, you just need to go to “Settings”. “Mail, addresses, calendars” and below the “Contacts” subsection, click the “Import SIM contacts” button. In a matter of seconds, SIM contacts will be saved on your phone.
How to copy contacts from Android phone to iPhone without syncing
If you go to the “Contacts” application on Android, press the menu button, select “Import / Export”, and then. “Export to storage,” then a vCard file with the extension.vcf will be saved on your phone, containing all your contacts Android and perfectly perceived iPhone and Apple programs.
And then you can do with this file in one of the following ways:
- Email your contacts file as an Android attachment to your iCloud address that you registered when you activated your iPhone. After receiving an email in the Mail app on iPhone, you can immediately import contacts by clicking on the attachment file.
- Send directly from Android phone via Bluetooth to your iPhone.
- Copy the file to your computer and then drag it to open iTunes (synced to your iPhone). See also: How to transfer Android contacts to a computer (it describes additional ways to get a file with contacts, including online).
- If you have a Mac OS X computer, you can also drag the file with contacts to the Contacts app and if you have iCloud sync enabled, they will appear on iPhone too.
- Also, if you have enabled sync with iCloud, you can go to the iCloud.com website in the browser on any computer or directly from Android, select the “Contacts” item there, and then, by clicking on the settings button (bottom left), select the “Import vCard “and specify the path to the.vcf file.
I think that the listed methods are not all possible, since contacts in the.vcf format are quite universal and can be opened by almost any program for working with this type of data.
There are also many programs for Windows and Mac that allow you to transfer contacts and other information between Android and iPhone, however, in my opinion, as I wrote in the beginning, they are not needed, because all the same can be easily done manually. Nevertheless, I will give a couple of such programs: suddenly, you have a different view on the appropriateness of their use:
- Wondershare Mobile Transfer
In fact, the specified software is intended not so much for copying contacts between phones on different platforms, but for synchronizing media files, photos and other data, but it is also quite suitable for contacts.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Even this site ignores Windows phone. And I decided to try it and did not regret it.
Pavel, I will not ignore, no. Just to write about it, it must be in stock. And I’m only ready on 950xl to use Continuum. But there is no money for it.
Thanks for helping us transfer contacts.!
Thank you! Everything worked out. synchronized successfully the first time)
Hooray! After much suffering, everything worked out! Deleted contacts on iPhone. And I decided to transfer contacts from android to iPhone. For some reason, it did not work through the cable, through the programs. But to save the file, send it to mail and upload it to the iPhone IT WORKED. THANK YOU! Now we need to transfer messages and notes) went on to dig))
Thank you so much! It turned out so easy thanks to you)
How to Transfer Music from Android to iPhone?
Transferring music to iPhone isn’t as easy as transferring music to Android, where you just need to copy and paste. To transfer all your favorite songs to your iOS device, you need to do it with the free iTunes program. It is available for Windows and macOS.
- After downloading, connect your Android device to your computer and search for music files on it. In most cases, they are located in the “Music” folder in the internal storage directory.
- When you find them, select the ones you want to transfer and then copy them to your computer. After that, you can disconnect the Android smartphone from the computer and connect the iPhone instead.
- Open iTunes on your computer, select the “Library” option at the top of the interface and click “Music”.
- Open the song catalog, drag it to your iTunes library.
- After adding songs to your iTunes library, select your iOS device and click Music. You can sync your entire library or transfer just the songs, playlists or artists you want.
To accept the changes, just click the “Apply” button. Music files will be automatically transferred to iPhone memory. Their copying progress will be displayed at the top of the interface.
Copy Contacts from Old Android Phone to New
In the next window, select “Synchronization settings for contacts”. In the sections “Back up and sync contacts on your device” and “Automatically sync Google contacts”, you can activate automatic syncing. Thus, all address information will be transferred from the internal memory to your Google Drive.
Now go to the smartphone to which you want to import contacts. You can also sign in to your device with your Google account. When you log in for the first time, you will be able to directly select what your new mobile phone should sync with Google Drive. If all went well, you should now be able to see your contacts in the Contacts app. No workarounds via SD card.
Recover iPhone Data from iCloud to Phone
If you want to manage your data more conveniently, you can download iCloud for PC. Then go to iCloud Drive, mark photos, bookmarks, etc. So, in the future, you can effectively manage them.
How to move photos from Android to iPhone?
In order to independently transfer photos and videos taken to the previous smartphone, you must first transfer them from its memory to the computer memory.
- In most cases, the files from the Android gallery are located on the phone’s internal storage. The computer displays them in the DCIM folder.
- Open folder, copy photos to PC. Open iTunes, connect iPhone to your computer, and wait for iTunes to detect it.
- Next, click on the word iPhone in the top bar of iTunes. A window will open with information about the iPhone. Go to “Photos” in the list on the left.
- In the next window, click on the option “Synchronize photos”, and select “Select folder. “In the drop-down menu behind the phrase” Copy photos from. ” Find the folder with photos and click “Select folder”.
- Now all you have to do is click “Apply” in the left corner at the bottom of the screen to confirm all changes. Photos should get into iPhone memory without any problems.
Recover Data from iPhone via USB Cable.
If photos and videos from your iPhone have been transferred to your computer, this may be a solution to the problem. Connect iPhone to your computer, then drag photos from your local computer folder to your device folder. This option only supports transferring media files.
How not to lose data stored on iPhone?
Get in the habit of copying. It can be a simple but time consuming copying to a PC. Or by syncing the data with your Google account. The simplest solution would be to back up your iPhone. It is boring for him to create a backup copy of the data. This is done via iCloud.
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Choose a username”.
- Click the “iCloud” icon.
- Select “iCloud backup”.
- Click “Back Up Now”.
You can check the size of the backup files at any time by going to the same panel. The backups will be done automatically, but it is recommended to force them before restoring the Apple iPhone to factory settings.