- Apparently, the function is not supported for all Android devices and not in any version of Windows 10. In my case (Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and the latest Windows 10) it works, but not on the previous version of the system.
- Sometimes keyboard and mouse input is activated immediately after any clicks, and sometimes it needs to be turned on in notifications (we go to the computer from which we connect to the notification center. connect. we see the connected device and the mark), but only on the condition that on the device to which connect. hassle-free Wi-Fi adapter with full Miracast support.
- For some Android phones, during the broadcast, input from the computer keyboard is automatically available (although the input field has to be selected on the screen of the phone itself), but mouse control is not available.
Note: The Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service is required for the touch input when broadcasting, it must be enabled: if you have disabled the “unnecessary” services, please check.
Transferring Image from Android to Windows 10 Computer (Wireless Monitor Connection)
You can transfer an image to a Windows 10 computer or laptop from another similar device (including Windows 8.1) or from an Android phone / tablet.
To stream from Android, the following steps are usually sufficient:
- If Wi-Fi is turned off on your phone (tablet), turn it on.
- Open the notification shade, and then “pull” it again to open the quick action buttons.
- Tap the Broadcast button or, for Samsung Galaxy phones, Smart View (on Galaxy, you may also need to flick the Quick Action buttons to the right if they span two screens). If you cannot find the item you need, I recommend that you read the instructions How to transfer an image from Android to TV, there this part is described in more detail, but the essence is the same.
- Wait a while until the name of your computer appears in the list, click on it.
- If connection prompts or PIN are enabled in the projection settings, please give appropriate permission on the computer to which you are connecting or provide a PIN.
- Wait for the connection. the image from your Android will be displayed on the computer.
Here you may encounter the following nuances:
- If the item “Broadcast” or similar is not among the buttons, try the steps from the first part of the instructions Transfer images from Android to TV. Perhaps the option is still somewhere in the parameters of your smartphone (you can try using the search by settings).
- If on “pure” Android, after pressing the broadcast button, available devices are not displayed, try clicking “Settings”. in the next window they can be initialized without problems (seen on Android 6 and 7).
To connect from another Windows 10 device, several methods are possible, the simplest of which is:
- Press the WinP (Latin) keys on the keyboard of the computer you are connecting from. Second option: press the button “Connect” or “Send to screen” in the notification center (previously, if you have only 4 buttons, press “Expand”).
- In the menu that opens on the right, select “Connect to a wireless display”. If the item is not displayed, your Wi-Fi adapter or its driver does not support the.
- When the list displays the computer to which we are connecting. click on it and wait until the connection is completed, you may need to confirm the connection on the computer to which we are connecting. After that, the broadcast will begin.
- When broadcasting between Windows 10 computers and laptops, you can also select an optimized connection mode for different types of content. watching videos, working or playing (however, you will most likely not be able to play, except for board games. the speed is insufficient).
If something does not work out when connecting, pay attention to the last section of the instructions, some observations from it may be useful.
How to transfer an image from Android, computer or laptop to Windows 10 over Wi-Fi
Not everyone knows, but in Windows 10 there are built-in capabilities for receiving an image broadcast over Wi-Fi, that is, you can transfer an image from an Android phone or tablet to the screen of a laptop or computer with Windows 10, and, if desired, from another laptop or computer. The main requirement in order for you to be able to use the opportunity in question: the presence of an enabled Wi-Fi adapter on all connected devices, it is also desirable that they be up-to-date. The connection does not require all devices to be connected to one Wi-Fi router, nor is it required: a direct connection is established between them.
In this manual, in detail about the possibilities of broadcasting to a computer in Windows 10 in the current implementation, how to transfer an image to a computer from an Android phone or from another computer / laptop, and about the limitations and problems that you may encounter. Also, in context, it may be interesting: How to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi to transfer an image, Broadcast an image from Android to a computer with the ability to control in the ApowerMirror program, How to transfer an image from an iPhone to a computer.
Configuring the ability to transfer an image to a Windows 10 computer or laptop
In order to enable the ability to use a computer with Windows 10 as a wireless monitor for other devices, you can make some settings (you do not have to do it, which will also be mentioned later), and in some cases, you can install additional system components that include broadcast functions ( projection onto a computer):
- If your computer is running Windows 10 version 2004 or newer (in previous versions you don’t need to do this), go to Settings. Applications. Additional components. Add component and install the “Wireless Monitor” component.
- Go to Start. Settings. System. Projecting to This Computer.
- Specify when the image can be projected. “Available everywhere” or “Available everywhere on secured networks”. In my case, the function worked successfully only if the first item was selected: it was still not entirely clear to me what is meant here by secure networks (but we are not talking about the private / public network profile and the security of the Wi-Fi network).
- Additionally, you can configure the parameters of the connection request (displayed on the device to which they are connected) and the pin code (the request is displayed on the device from which the connection is made, and the pin code itself is displayed on the device to which the connection is made).
- If you leave the “Always disabled” option in the settings for projection onto the computer, but you need to start the broadcast once, you can perform it. Just launch the built-in Connect app (found in the search on the taskbar or Start menu) and then, from another device, connect by following the Connect app in Windows 10 or the steps below.
If you see the text “This device may have problems displaying content because its hardware was not specifically designed for wireless projection” in the settings window for “Projecting to This Computer”, this usually indicates one of the following:
- The installed Wi-Fi adapter does not support Miracast technology or does it differently than expected by Windows 10 (on some older laptops or PCs with Wi-Fi).
- The correct drivers for the wireless adapter are not installed (I recommend manually installing them from the website of the manufacturer of a laptop, all-in-one or, if it is a PC with a manually installed Wi-Fi adapter, from the website of the manufacturer of this adapter).
Interestingly, even in the absence of the manufacturer’s declared support for Miracast from the Wi-Fi adapter, the built-in image broadcasting functions of Windows 10 can sometimes work properly: perhaps some additional mechanisms are involved.
Potential Issues When Using Image Transfer on Windows 10
In addition to the already mentioned problems with the ability to enter, during the tests I noticed the following nuances:
As a result: the function works, but not always and not for all use cases. Nevertheless, I think it will be useful to be aware of such a possibility. The following devices were used to write the material:
- PC Windows 10 2004 Pro, i7-4770, TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter for Atheros AR9287
- Dell Vostro 5568 laptop, Windows 10 Pro, i5-7250, Intel AC3165 Wi-Fi adapter
- Moto X Play (Android 7.1.1), Nokia 4.2 (Android 10) and Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Android 10) smartphones
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Hello! I have an Acer v5 551G laptop, was OS 8, now OS 10 version 1809 is installed. Bluetooth is not connected, Launched the command line, it issued-supported on the wireless display-no, graphics driver-no, Wi-Fi driver-yes. I went to the offsite eiser and downloaded the hardware detection program, the result: If you cannot turn on Bluetooth or the 3G device listed below, but they are on the computer, turn on these devices: Bluetooth-Atheros Lan-Atheros Wireless Lan-Atheros. I checked the driver. all the drivers are installed and working normally in the device manager. I did not find them in the Services, except for virales, there are a lot of them. Pressing the projection displays the same as in the picture at the beginning of the page. Advise what other actions to take?
It might be worth upgrading Windows 10 from version 1809 to version 1909 or 2004 first
And how to transfer an image from Android, computer or laptop to Windows 8.1 over Wi-Fi.
Using third-party programs, one of them, for example, is described here: https://remontka.pro/apower-mirror-cast-Android-iphone-screen/
Another third-party program for transferring images and generally anything from Android to a home computer with Win10 (in my case) is Send Anywhere. I have been using it for several years now, it sends anything from anywhere to anywhere, the process is simplified to the point of primitiveness, it never fails, the free version is enough for the eyes (for me). I heartily recommend it! Both devices must be on the same WI-FI network, this is the only condition.
Please tell me, I have such a problem: the screen broadcast from the phone to the laptop is working properly, but for some reason it opens immediately to the full screen (and not in windowed mode, as you have in the screenshot).
At the same time, all control, including the mouse and keyboard, is automatically intercepted by the android. That is, while the broadcast is in progress, I cannot do anything on the computer, I can only use it as a monitor, and nothing more: (I cannot switch between desktops, open other applications, or minimize the screen broadcast.
The only thing is that it turns out to open the task manager using ctrlaltdel, but this immediately drops the screen broadcast.
Is it possible to somehow do so that the image transfer from the phone is carried out in windowed mode, so that in parallel with this you can use a laptop?
Hello. And AltTab tried?
I can’t reproduce the problem myself in order to check it more precisely. And I did not find such an option in the parameters (full. not full screen).
If I press AltTab, the multitasking mode on the phone starts) All keyboard shortcuts are sent to the phone, the laptop does not respond to them in any way. For example, if I press Win to open the Start menu, Google Assistant launches on my phone instead, and so on. That is, the phone completely intercepts control, and I don’t know how to turn it off.
In general, I was digging all day, and the problem with the windowed mode was accidentally solved! It turns out that if you immediately connect the phone to the laptop, the projection automatically expands to full screen. But if you first run the “Connect” program on the laptop (it opens in the window), and only then connect the phone, then it remains in the window. Now I can use the laptop at the same time as projection. Can someone help
Thank you so much! Rummaged through hundreds of sites in search of a solution to the problem of detecting a Samsung TV by a computer. It was the step in which the additional component “Wireless Display” was installed that helped. Before the update to version 2004, everything worked. I understood that the problem was in Windows, but I could not find what the problem was. Thanks for solving the problem.
Thanks for the help, helped a lot, a good and detailed article is one of hundreds!
Use third-party applications, like “Your Phone”, third-party in the spirit of this: https://remontka.pro/apower-mirror-cast-Android-iphone-screen/ or, if the phone has the option “connect to Windows”, then her https://remontka.pro/link-to-Windows-Samsung-Galaxy/
How about in the opposite direction? demonstrate from computer to tablet (s)
With HDMI cable
All you need is the right wire with plugs that match the connectors. If the tablet has a mini or micro HDMI, and the TV has a standard-sized interface, then a similar cable is needed. Most often, a special adapter is required. Lightning Digital AV Adapter. Otherwise, everything is simple: on the one hand, the cable connects to the TV, and on the other, to the gadget, for example, to the iPad Air.
The main advantages of such a connection:
- The cable can transmit both image and sound.
- The picture is broadcast in FHD resolution.
How can I display an image from an iPad on a TV
There are a lot of methods for synchronizing with a TV. Everything can be divided into 2 types:
How to Connect Tablet to TV using HDMI. Easy & Fun!!!
- with a cord;
Via Apple TV and AirPlay
Apple TV makes it quick and easy to connect your iPad to your TV. The chip of the “apple” set-top box is the transfer of content from Netflix, YouTube and other similar services, audio playback from iTunes.
Content is streamed from tablet to TV using AirPlay. Development makes it possible to watch a movie, play, run the program. everything will be displayed on a large display. The picture is of high quality, and no additional cords need to be connected.
To use Apple TV, you need:
- Connect the device to TV via cable. This is usually USB.
- Enable AirPlay by going to settings.
- Provide the set-top box and the gadget interacting with it access to the network via Wi-Fi.
- Double click on “Home” to enter the multitasking panel, where you can adjust the volume and brightness levels.
- Click on Airplay again. The device will be determined: it will be visible on the panel.
- Select a prefix, and then enable the “Mirroring” option. With its help, the TV screen will be able to play the role of a second monitor, completely copying everything that happens on the tablet.
That’s all. If the name of the TV to which the set-top box was connected appears on the iPad screen, then the task can be considered successfully completed.
Using Google Chromecast
You can also connect iPad to TV using a compact device from Google. Outwardly, the device resembles a classic USB flash drive, however, instead of a USB port, it is connected to HDMI. As in the case of AirPlay, no additional cables are required, but the presence of the Internet is a prerequisite.
- Go to the Apple Store and download the dedicated app.
- Select Chromecast in the settings menu.
- Allow Wi-Fi access.
- Content on the TV will be displayed in HD quality with minimal delays.
Connecting an iPad to a TV like 32HB50GU via USB is very easy. Convenience is that the cable comes with the tablet. In addition, most devices have USB, not even the newest TVs. This option is also suitable in cases where you need to connect iPad to a projector.
What you need to connect:
- plug one end of the wire into the TV connector;
- the second is to connect to the iPad.
Note: this method allows you to use the device solely as a storage, which means that some functions, such as access to the Internet, watching videos online, will be unavailable.
How to Connect iPad to TV. 6 Easy Ways
Is it possible to watch a movie or play on a large display for the owner of the iPad? The answer to the question is yes, if you connect it to a TV. How to do this, the article tells.
Using a VGA adapter
This method of connecting the iPad is optimal when you need to display the picture on a TV where there is no HDMI input. To accomplish this task you will need an adapter with the appropriate plug.
- connect the gadget to TV via cable;
- move the notification shade on iPad;
- enter the settings;
- allow to use the device as a storage medium.
The appearance on the TV screen of a message with the text “New device found” indicates that the synchronization was successful.
Note: this method allows you to use the “Mirroring” technology, but only the image will be broadcast. VGA does not carry audio. You will have to connect speakers to output sound.
Ways to connect iPad to TV
Here are six options for connecting your iPad to your TV. The methods are suitable for synchronizing a gadget with a TV of any company, including Samsung, LG, Sony, etc.
Tablet connection methods
Synchronizing an image between a TV and a tablet can go through several methods. Each of them has its own characteristics that you need to know about. Therefore, below you will find detailed instructions for each of them.
“How to display an image from a tablet on a TV via Wi-Fi? Is it real?”. of course. The nice thing about wireless is that it doesn’t need wires at all. No difficulties with connection, purchase of adapters and other things. you can forget about it. over, all modern TV models (Smart TV) are equipped with a similar function.
There are 2 ways to connect:
- Wi-Fi Direct;
- Wi-fi Miracast.
Let’s consider each of the presented methods in more detail.
The beauty of such a network connection is that additional equipment in the form of a router is not needed. Also, with the help of this technology, the TV can act as a second monitor.
The image quality is at the highest level, despite the fact that 4K transmission is possible. But playing novelties of games, for example, shooters, races, however, in everything that requires great technical characteristics, will not work. The picture on the TV will slow down a little.
- On TV, open “Settings” to enable “Wi-Fi Direct”.
- On your tablet, go to the Duplicate Miracast Display section.
- Start the process by clicking the “Start” button.
- The tablet display will show a list of devices available for connection.
- Find your TV model and select it.
If you follow all the steps, the picture from the tablet will immediately be displayed on TV.
However, with all the advantages of this option, you will have to spend a little on a special device resembling a USB flash drive, but with an HDMI connector. For example, Chromecast.
Which tablet can be connected to a TV?
“Which tablet can I connect to a TV?”, Android screen mirroring to TV is available on each tablet, only the connection methods differ.
How to connect Android to Smart TV?
To duplicate the screen from the tablet correctly, you need to understand how you can connect Android to Smart TV to watch.
How do I connect my tablet to my TV? All methodsinstruction
Connecting a tablet to a TV is a great idea, but not everyone knows how to do it right. Having learned about this way of viewing, the question immediately arises: “How to connect the tablet to the TV, and is it possible at all?”.
Most of the tablets can be used as a DLNA server. What does it mean? TVs that support this function are able to receive information from your storage on a tablet via a WLAN network.
DLNA standard is a technology that connects gadgets. computers, phones, tablets, TVs, forming one large unified digital network. Being in it, the devices interact perfectly with each other. For example, watch TV from a tablet screen.
When using this function, the speed can vary. This will be reflected in the quality and delay of the material on the screen. Of course, this will be most noticeable when watching videos or movies.
We view photos and videos on TV directly from the phone (tablet). Setting up DLNA between TV and smartphone
I decided to write the instructions for setting up DLNA technology between a smartphone (tablet) and a TV in a separate article. In this article
What are we going to do? We will view photos and videos stored on your smartphone on your TV screen. Agree, it’s very convenient! You took some cool photos, or shot a video, came home and without any cables, by pressing a few buttons, watch these photos on the TV screen. Here they are, technologies!
- Well, first of all, a TV that supports DLNA technology. If the TV has the ability to connect to the network via cable, or via WI-Fi, then most likely it supports this technology. I will show on the example of the LG 32LN575U TV with Smart TV.
- Phone, smartphone, tablet that also supports DLNA. Almost all modern devices support it. For example, I will have an HTC One V on Android 4.0.
- Android app. BubbleUPnP. It’s not obligatory. It will be possible to broadcast by standard means.
It is necessary that the TV and smartphone are connected to the same network (to the same router).
The TV can be connected both via Wi-Fi and via a network cable.
If you do not have a network at home, you can establish a direct connection using Wi-Fi Direct technology. But in this case, the TV must have Wi-Fi.
If your TV supports Intel WiDi / Miracast technology, then you can display the image over the air from your smartphone or tablet according to this instruction https://f1comp.ru/televizory-Smart-TV/vyvodim-izobrazhenie-po-vozduxu-s-plansheta.ili-telefona-Android-na-televizor-po-texnologii-miracast-bez-provodov-na-primere-planshete-asus-i-televizora-LG /. Provided the device supports the “Wireless Display.”
We broadcast photos and videos from smartphone to TV
The TV must be turned on and connected to the network.
There are many programs that help you broadcast media content using DLNA technology. But the standard gallery in HTC does not do a bad job with this either.
In the list of programs on the smartphone, launch the gallery.
How To Mirror Android Tablet To TV (No Wifi, Cable or Chrome Cast Needed)
For example, open the first photo, click on the “” button and “Select a player”.
Our TV should appear on the list. We select it.
At this moment, a photograph should appear on the TV (you do not need to turn on anything). You can flip through the photo on your phone and it will be automatically displayed on the TV. Like this (sorry for the quality of the photo):
The photo above conveys the essence of what we are doing.
To stop the broadcast, just click the close button (in the upper right corner of the screen). You will understand :).
DLNA setup using BubbleUPnP app
This could end the article, but not everyone has smartphones from HTC. But I think that other manufacturers such as Samsung, Sony, LG also have a standard feature on smartphones that allows you to stream media content via DLNA. If I’m not mistaken, LG has this Smart Share app.
I will also show the BubbleUPnP application as an example, by installing which you can do everything that I already wrote about above.
We launch the application and immediately select the DEVICES tab from the bottom and put a mark next to our TV.
Now go to the LIBRARY tab. Open the corresponding folder (video, music, photos). then we open the folder in which our photos (or other content) are stored and simply open any photo or video.
The picture will immediately appear on the TV. There are many different settings and functions in this program, I have shown only the main ones. The only thing I didn’t like was the speed at which the photo appeared on the TV. When I opened through the standard gallery, everything worked somehow faster.
That’s all! If you have any problems, then write, we will try to solve them together. Good luck!