Change settings or stop duplication
To resize the desktop duplicated on the TV screen, click the icon in the menu bar. Then choose Mirror Built-in Display to fit your desktop, or Mirror Apple TV to fit your TV.
AirPlay also lets you use your TV as a stand-alone display on your Mac. Just click the icon in the menu bar and select “Use as a separate monitor”.
To stop mirroring the screen or using the TV as a separate display, click on the icon in the menu bar and select Turn Off AirPlay. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
If automatically streamed to an AirPlay-enabled device
Your device can automatically cast to an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV. If the icon appears in the upper left corner of the open application to work with. means AirPlay is already selected.
To use AirPlay with another device, tap. and then select another device or select iPhone to stop the AirPlay broadcast.
This method is only suitable for viewing photos and images, as well ass that are stored in the Files menu on your phone. In this case, the phone will act as a storage disk and there will be no screen mirroring. To connect, just connect the cable from the iPhone to the Lightning connector of the phone and to the USB port on the TV.
Before connecting the device, it is better to disconnect.
How can I withdraw from the iPhone in this case and is it possible to watch a movie?
Jailbreak significantly expands the functionality of iPhones, but a device with such plugins is not subject to warranty service and cannot be updated to a new version.
from Youtube on TV via iPhone
Television equipment with the Smatr function in most cases has a Youtube application. For easy control of content search and playback, you can stream from iPhone.
Broadcasting from the phone can be carried out in automatic and manual mode.
In the first case, this is done as follows:
- Connect the TV device and the phone to the same WI-FI network;
- Open YouTube app on TV;
- Synchronization should be done automatically;
- In order to start broadcasting, you need to select “Screen”. “Broadcast” in the phone settings;
- From the list you need to select the device to which the transfer will be performed.
If the transfer does not work, then you can check the Internet connection settings or try to connect manually:
- You need to launch the YouTube application on your TV and go to “Settings”;
- Find the item “Connect TV to phone”;
- Check “Manual” on the page;
- Open the YouTube application on the iPhone and also go to “Settings”;
- Select the item “View on TV” and enter the code that appeared on the TV screen;
- After that, the display of the phone should be duplicated on the TV.
You can also go from your phone to the link: https://www.youtube.com/TV.
And the connection is performed in the same way as in the application.
Screen Mirroring iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Use Screen Repeat to view the entire screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on an Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible Smart TV.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
- Open Control Center:
- On iPhone X or later, or iPad with iPadOS or later, swipe down from the top-right edge of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier, or iOS 11 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
The iOS or iPadOS device screen will be displayed on the TV screen with the current orientation and aspect ratio settings. To completely fill the TV screen, change the aspect ratio or scale in its settings.
To stop mirroring the screen of your iOS or iPadOS device, open Control Center, select Screen Mirroring, then select Stop Mirroring. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
Use AirPlay to stream or mirror your device’s screen
Use AirPlay to stream and display content from your Apple devices to your Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. Stream your recordings. Share photos. Or duplicate your device’s screen.
Broadcast from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV.
- Find. which needs to be broadcast.
- Click. In some third-party applications, you may need to tap a different icon first. In the Photos app, tap. and then.
- Select an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible Smart TV. Need help?
To stop streaming, tap in the app you are using, then select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the list.
Some applications for working with may not support AirPlay. If you can’t AirPlay with an app, check the tvOS App Store for availability on Apple TV.
Wireless via DLNA
DLNA technology allows compatible devices to share a variety of content over the home network. If we translate the decryption of the abbreviation DLNA, we get the “digital home network alliance”. Connecting devices using this technology can be both wired (ethernet) and wireless (WI-FI).
How to transfer from iPhone to TV using this technology. To transfer files to TV, consider the wireless method. To do this, we need a WI-FI network to which both TV and iPhone can be connected.
For LG TV equipment, you will need to install the Smart Share program, and for Samsung. AllShare, for other models you also need to find out which software is suitable for these purposes.
For iPhone, you can download Twonky Beam. The app is free. It has a number of built-in services, with the help of which it is immediately possible to display the image on the TV. Including there is a built-in browser. When the application starts, you need to determine the device through which the file will be played.
There are also applications such as iMediaShare, TV Assist, Belkin MediaPlay. The principle of their work is SIMilar.
If you plan to frequently use data transfer to TV, then it is better to download a paid program once to ensure full functionality and no advertising. When you start the application, you will need to select a TV from the list and you can start transferring content.
If the TV does not have a WI-FI module or it is not compatible with iPhone applications, you can use a transmitter that connects to the TV device via the HDMI input and receives a signal from the phone wirelessly.
You can install the AirBEAM TV app on your TV and transfer data by enabling AirPlay on your iPhone. But this software is not suitable for all TVs, so first you need to use the trial version (since the application is paid) to check compatibility with your TV.
For example, consider how to use the connection option for a Samsung TV.
- Turn on TV and connect to your home network WI-FI.
- On iPhone, launch AirPlay and select a TV from the resulting list of devices.
- Now the phone screen will be mirrored on the TV.
DLNA advantages and disadvantages:
- Except in rare cases, no additional equipment is required;
- Need special applications to connect both devices;
- The data transfer speed may not be too high due to limited bandwidth (this applies to the wireless connection);
- The emergence of new formats. may not be readable on TV.
Another option is to use Wi-Fi Direct technology. In this case, the transfer will be carried out directly from one device to another without using a router.
You need to perform the following actions:
- On the iPhone, find the menu “Wireless networks and connections”. “Wi-Fi Direct”. “Activate”;
- Find “Network”. “Wi-Fi Direct” on TV equipment;
- Select your iPhone from the list and send a connection request.
HDMI, or composite connector
Any modern TV has one or more HDMI ports. This technology allows you to transfer high quality data at high speed.
It is possible to display the image from the iPhone by directly connecting the cable between the phone and the HDMI TV port. At the same time, it is even possible to shows in high quality without delay. And it is available for all Smart TVs and regular TVs with the corresponding connector regardless of the model: LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.
You don’t need to install additional software, but you need to connect the Apple Lightning port (or for earlier models. 30-pin) and HDMI / VGA. But, accordingly, you need to purchase an Apple AV cable and a Lightning Digital AV adapter.
- Devices are disconnected;
- We connect the cable to the HDMI port on the TV, and the other to the AV adapter;
- We attach the adapter to the iPhone;
- Now you need to turn on both devices;
- After switching on, the desired connection should appear automatically.
Of the shortcomings, it can be noted that a special wire and adapter are needed to connect, fortunately, the market offers many different options. And the presence of a wire reduces the comfort of use in this way.
If there is no way to connect to HDMI, you can use the composite connector (otherwise called “tulip”) and Apple’s Lightning VGA adapter. This option is suitable if the TV has an analog input.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Connect adapter to iPhone.
- Connect the cable to the TV (each plug must be inserted into the corresponding jack). VGA cable connects audio input separately.
- After connecting the devices, the settings should be loaded automatically. If this does not happen, you will need to perform a manual configuration.
- Switch the TV to the required input signal. To do this, in the TV settings, the iPhone is selected as the signal source.
- Now you can turn it on on your phone. over, on earlier iPhone models, only programs that play media content will be displayed, and in later models, the screen will be duplicated.
# spoiler # end_spoiler