How to display picture or video from phone to LG TV
Modern gadgets and home appliances have long become complementary devices due to their ability to connect to the Internet and synchronize. And this is very convenient, as it allows you to expand the functionality and make the use easier and more convenient. For example, you can control your LG Smart TV with your smartphone (turning it into a remote control) or display images and videos from your smartphone on your TV screen.
What is it for? Pros of connecting a smartphone to an LG TV:
There are many benefits to syncing your smartphone. And here are the main ones:
- You can watch photos and videos from the “Gallery” of your smartphone on a large TV screen in high quality.
- You can play your favorite mobile games by displaying the image on the TV, as well as use various applications (for example, sports applications, applications for learning a foreign language, etc.).
- It is very convenient to browse various sites, as well as read documents and view presentations.
How to connect a smartphone to an LG TV: step by step instructions
Displaying images and videos from a smartphone to an LG TV is possible in several ways, both using a cable and using wireless networks.
Screen Share is a program specially designed to synchronize your phone and LG Smart TV and watch content on the big screen. The transfer of images and videos is carried out using
Miracast standard (Wi-Fi Direct technology). The connection can be made with 100% probability if you have an LG TV and a smartphone. Option may not be supported with smartphones from other manufacturers.
In order to start the synchronization process, you need:
- Press the Home button on your LG TV remote control.
- Find and enable Screen Share app.
- Make sure that the smartphone has Android operating system firmware higher than 4.2 version.
- Activate Miracast mode (in some cases, it may be called AllShare Cast). If your smartphone does not have this option, you will need to download Miracast app on google play.
- In the list of devices available for synchronization, select your TV and connect, following the instructions on the screen.
Important: manufacturers recommend using the phone in horizontal mode and blocking the change of screen positions so that the picture on the TV screen is not displayed rotated 90 °.
Owners of non-LG smartphones can try to display images and videos from their phone to their TV using the Wi-Fi Direct function. This is possible if your LG TV is a modern model and supports Wi-Fi.
To sync your smartphone and LG TV via Wi-Fi Direct:
- Make sure your smartphone is running Android operating system with firmware higher than 4.0.
- In the “Settings” select the item “Wireless networks”, then the item Wi-Fi.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. In the menu that opens, select Wi-Fi Direct.
- If you did not find this option, click on the item “Advanced settings”.
- Turn on the TV using the remote control and enter the main menu.
- Select the “Network” item, and in it the Wi-Fi Direct section.
- In the list of devices available for synchronization that opens, select the name of your smartphone.
- A connection request will appear on the phone itself, confirm it by following the instructions.
Connecting a smartphone to an LG TV via HDMI is possible if the phone is equipped with a mini HDMI interface; in other cases, you will need to additionally purchase a special adapter.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the back of your TV and the other into your phone port.
- Go to the “Main Menu” of the TV and select the section “Signal Source” / Press the Input button.
- Select the HDMI source that the smartphone is connected to as the source. The connector number can be seen on the back of the TV, but in the vast majority of cases it is the only one active.
In this way, you can display images and videos on LG TV from almost any smartphone: LG, Samsung, Huavei, Lenovo. In order to sync iPhone, you need a special Lightning to HDMI adapter.
Also, different models of smartphones can be connected to LG TV using different connectors. For example, a number of LG phone models (including the LG 2X) are equipped with a dedicated Micro HDMI port or the more modern USB Type-C port. Also, a number of smartphones of democratic models support the MHL standard (Mobil High Definition Link), with the help of which the signal is received directly from the data transfer and Micro-USB charging port. Analogue of MHL. SlimPort standard, implemented in many models of LG smartphones, allowing video transmission in 1080p resolution.
All of these methods are suitable for older models of smartphones. For newer models, it is recommended to use wireless transmission methods.
Possible playback problems
So, the question of how to transfer an image from a phone to a TV has already been sorted out. However, when using any type of connection, you need to pay attention to some possible problems associated with violations in the broadcast.
First of all, this concerns the use cases of Miracast. With this connection, you may experience disconnections if there are obstacles between the TV and the mobile device. It is believed that the shorter the distance between devices, the better.
Some devices have the ability to broadcast copy-protected files, but the same Phillips TV panels do not support their playback.
The load on the wireless network can increase many times over, since when streaming video, the image is first transmitted to the mobile device, and only then played on the TV. As a result. delay, slowdown, lag between audio and video, etc. Finally, not all mobile devices support the creation of two connections. For example, some Sony smartphone models can connect to either the Internet or Miracast (Mirror Link).
Now a few words about Apple’s AirPlay technology. In fact, it is almost a complete analogue of Miracast TV. However, the transfer cannot be carried out without an essential item. a special Apple TV set-top box that connects directly to the TV.
To use the video replay function on the device, you need to double-tap the Home button, scroll down the list of available applications and find AirPlay. When entering the section, all currently available devices that can receive a signal will be displayed. Just select the connected media player and activate the transfer.
Using Streambels and WiDi
The Streambels software product developed by Clockworkmod can hardly be called a semblance of Miracast or AirPlay. The screen of the mobile device is not duplicated when connected. Only playback of files is possible, as is the case with a normal USB connection.
On the other hand, WiDi technology was initially developed as an alternative to Miracast, but has not received widespread adoption. Until now, it is used mainly in Intel laptops, although recently there have been attempts to integrate it into mobile gadgets.
One of the most versatile tools is the use of specialized technologies directly designed to solve the problems of broadcasting images from mobile devices to a TV panel. This is Miracast technology. It may have a different designation from different manufacturers. So, for example, Samsung has a similar Screen Mirroring function, Sony has Mirror Link, Apple has AirPlay.
But the pioneers were still Android systems. To connect on a smartphone or tablet, you first need to turn on Wi-Fi and enter the Wi-Fi Direct settings, and select Miracast as the source on the TV. On the mobile device, the TV is then selected, which should appear in the list, after which the multimedia output is set in the settings. It is worth noting here that not all smartphones support screen rotation. But on the Sony Xperia ZL, when you change the orientation from portrait to landscape, the picture on the TV panel rotates automatically. And as already clear, the image from the phone to the WI-FI TV is transmitted only if the panel is a Smart TV generation.
Prerequisites for Wireless Installation
Another simple solution to the question of how to transfer an image from a phone to a TV is to connect two devices via a home wireless network.
True, in this case, the TV must have a built-in Wi-Fi module. If not, you can purchase an external plug-in device that uses the USB port. In addition, for example, on Android devices, Wi-Fi Direct mode is supposed to be enabled. Activation of such a connection on different models of TV panels will be considered separately.
DLNA wireless network
When connecting via a home network, you can use the built-in DLNA features of Android systems. Unfortunately, it is quite problematic to activate such a connection in Apple devices, but you can install applications like My Remote from Phillips Corporation as a kind of bridge.
By the way, on Android, you can also abandon standard tools and install programs like PlugPlayer or connect via the WD TV Live universal media player. However, this too. the option is not the most convenient, since with a sufficiently high load on the wireless network, transmission delays may occur, and the connection speed set by the provider for the home wireless network also plays an important role.
What can be transferred from the phone to the TV panel?
Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of users is limited only to looking at the Smart-TV panels of photos, movies, and videos that are stored in the device’s memory. But the possibilities of modern technology are much wider.
The point here is that with any connection option, which will be considered separately, you can carry out not only transferring video or graphics to a large screen. With the same ease, when installing the appropriate software, you can watch online TV, play clips from the same YouTube resource, or even control it from your phone or tablet, if such a service is provided on the TV. Finally, the TV panel can easily broadcast games or programs used on mobile devices. As you can see, there are no restrictions. But the most important question when solving the problem of how to transfer an image from the phone to the TV, in any case, remains the choice of the optimal way to connect the gadget to the panel. Let’s consider the most common options.
How to transfer picture from phone to TV? Instruction. Miracast technology
Owners of mobile devices, even with a fairly large screen diagonal, often prefer to view photos or videos not on their gadgets, but to connect the phone through a TV. Modern models of both mobile devices and TVs have all the prerequisites for making such connections. Well, the advantages of data transmission are completely undeniable.
Wired video transmission
The methods described below are used in legacy phone models and are almost never found in models after 2016.
This method works on the principle of Wi-Fi Direct. At the same time, the connection is simplified and more features are added due to screen mirroring. Once connected, the TV displays an image of the smartphone screen. It allows you to watch videos, photos, play or surf the Internet using a large screen. Full work is possible only if the function is supported by a smartphone and TV.
- The technology is only available in some outdated phone models.
- Requires a cable of sufficient length for remote control.
- The power of the smartphone is used to transfer video, which leads to a rapid discharge of the battery. Therefore, for continuous viewing, an additional power connection is required.
- An easy and affordable way to transfer video.
- Allows you to view local and streaming content.
- No network or other equipment required.
TV Wi-Fi network
If Wi-Fi Direct is not available on the smartphone, but the function is supported by the TV, a regular Wi-Fi network is also suitable for pairing. In this case, the “organizer” of the network will be the TV.
Activate Screen Mirroring or Screen Mirroring connection mode on the TV.
In the next window, go down to the item “Broadcast” or “Wireless screen.
In the next menu, wait until the TV is displayed, then connect.
If your TV has a USB port, a regular sync cable is enough to transfer video. In data transfer mode, the phone is displayed as a removable storage medium, as if a regular USB flash drive is installed in the TV. To do this, after connecting, you often need to select the connection mode. data transfer or USB storage. Navigation and interaction with content is done internally by the TV.
How to enable support for broadcasting Miracast image (WiDI) on Samsung, LG, Sony and Philips TVs
Usually, in order to be able to transfer the image from the phone to the TV, it is enough that the TV is turned on and it has the Wi-Fi adapter turned on, but sometimes the wireless display function is turned off on the TV and you may need to turn it on in the settings first. Below are examples of such settings, on your TV the items may differ slightly, but the logic is usually the same and you can find the parameters you need.
- Samsung. on the TV remote, press the Source button and select Screen Mirroring. Also, in the network settings of some Samsung TVs, there may be additional items for setting screen mirroring.
- LG. go to the settings (the Settings button on the remote). Network. Miracast (Intel WiDi) and enable this function.
- Sony Bravia. Press the source selection button on your TV remote (usually at the top left) and select Screen mirroring. Also, if you enable Built-in Wi-Fi and a separate Wi-Fi Direct item in the TV network settings (go to Home, open Settings. Network there), the broadcast can be started without selecting a signal source (TV will automatically switch to wireless broadcast), but in this case, the TV must already be turned on.
- Philips. the option is enabled in Settings. Network settings. Wi-Fi Miracast.
Theoretically, the items can change from model to model, but almost all today’s TVs with a Wi-Fi module support image reception via Wi-Fi, and I’m sure you will be able to find the desired menu item.
Transferring images to an Android TV via Wi-Fi (Miracast)
Before starting, be sure to turn on Wi-Fi on your Android phone or tablet, otherwise the following steps will show that no wireless screens are available.
Transferring an image from your phone to your TV may require slightly different steps depending on your Android version and smartphone brand, but the following options are usually available:
- In the notification area, find the “Broadcast” icon, and after searching for available TVs, click on the desired one and wait for the broadcast to start.
- If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, find the Smart View icon in the notification area, tap on it, wait for the TV to be found, tap on it and wait for the broadcast to start.
- Go to Settings. Display. Broadcast (or Wireless Miracast Screen), your TV will be displayed in the list (it must be turned on at this moment). Click on it and wait for the connection to be completed. On some TVs, you will need to “allow” to connect (a prompt will appear on the TV screen).
- Open the list of quick actions in the Android notification area, select the “Broadcast” button (may not be available), after finding your TV, click on it.
That’s all. if everything went well, then after a short time you will see the screen of your smartphone or tablet on the TV (in the photo below, the “Camera” application is open on the device and the image is duplicated on TV).
You may also find additional information useful:
- The connection does not always happen the first time (sometimes it tries to connect for a long time and nothing comes out), but if everything that is required is included and supported, it is usually possible to achieve a positive result.
- The picture and sound transmission speed may not be the best, and most games will not work like this.
- If you have launched some kind of video on your phone, and it is transmitted to the TV as a black screen (which may be in some players and with protected content), it is better to use the transfer methods described below in the section with additional image transfer methods.
- If you usually use portrait (vertical) screen orientation, then by turning on automatic rotation and rotating the device, you will make the image occupy the entire TV screen.
Checking Android Screen Casting Support and Turning On Broadcast
In order not to waste time, I recommend that you first make sure that your phone or tablet supports displaying images on wireless displays: the fact is that not every Android device is capable of this. many of them belonging to the lower and partly to the middle price segment are not support Miracast.
- On Android 9 (in the case of a clean OS) go to Settings. Connected devices. Connection settings. Broadcast and make sure that the option to transfer images from the phone is enabled in the menu, as in the screenshot below.
- On Samsung Galaxy smartphones, open the notification area completely and see if there is a Smart View icon (keep in mind that icons in the notification area can be scrolled and the desired one may not be on the first page).
- On earlier versions of the OS, go to Settings. Display and see if there is an item “Broadcast” (in Android 6 and 7) or “Wireless display (Miracast)” (Android 5 and some devices with proprietary skins). If the item is present, you can immediately switch it to the “Enabled” state using the menu (called by three points) on pure Android or the On-Off switch in some shells.
- Another location where you can detect the presence or absence of the wireless image transfer function (“Screen transfer” or “Broadcast”) is the quick settings area in the Android notification area (however, it may be that the function is supported, but there are no buttons to turn on the broadcast, or it is hidden and can be turned on in the settings, as shown in the video below).
If you can’t find any wireless display settings, Screen Mirroring, Smart View, Broadcast, Miracast, or WiDi, try searching through the settings by going to settings and using the search field. If nothing similar is found, it is most likely that your device does not support wireless image transmission to a TV or other compatible screen.
How to Transfer Picture from Android Phone to TV
Not all owners of modern Smart TV and Android smartphones or tablets know that it is possible to transfer images from a phone to a TV via Wi-Fi using Miracast technology. There are other ways, for example, using an MHL cable or Chromecast (a separate device that connects to the HDMI port of the TV and receives an image via Wi-Fi) or using DLNA when connected to the same network.
In this manual, you will learn in detail how to use the ability to broadcast images with sound from your Android 9, 8, 7 and earlier phone to a TV that supports Miracast technology (Screen Mirroring). At the same time, despite the fact that the connection is via Wi-FI, the presence of a router at home is not required, in any case for the direct transmission, which is discussed in the first part of the manual. May also be interesting: How to use an Android and iOS phone as a TV remote.
Additional options for transferring images, videos and photos from Android to TV
If your task is to transfer videos and photos to a TV, and not just transfer a screen with all its limitations, I recommend using other methods, but keep in mind that, unlike the previous method, it requires both TV and smartphone to be connected to the same networks (via cable or Wi-Fi. does not matter):
- An application for casting to XCast TV, available for free on the Play Store and supporting DLNA transmission (you can broadcast videos and photos from your phone), Chromecast and even AirPlay. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?ID= cast.video.screenmirroring.casttoTV
- Cast Web Video app, which allows you to cast images not only from your phone, but also from network video services, is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?ID=castwebbrowsertoTV.castwebvideo.webvideocaster
- Do not forget that if the TV is turned on and you are playing YouTube videos on your phone, you can click on the broadcast icon in the application on your phone to start playing the same video on a TV with the ability to control on Android.
Hopefully one of the suggested solutions worked for your phone and TV sharing scenario.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
How to turn off the phone screen when dubbing to TV? if possible.
I do not know the ways and I am not sure what they are when mirroring the screen.
I am also very interested in this question who will help?
All inclusive and Direct etc.
Once everything was fine, and the screen was transmitted to the TV.
And then, like in the phone, I click on the connection, then the TV immediately disappears. We have tried more than once to change what to do?
Good day! Everything worked fine on the Philips TV from the Huawei P20 PRO phone. But, the sound on the TV is regulated only from the phone and, accordingly, it is hard to hear. The TV remote control does not respond to volume increase…. How to make it louder?
Hello. I connected the phone to the TV, everything worked fine. But when I launched the MTC TV or Megafon TV application and selected a channel, it shows a black screen, but there is sound, and when you press the phone screen, the timekeeping school appears, and it also appears on the TV, but the image does not. What is the reason? Thank you in advance!
Many thanks to the author! Everything works great! Explanations are available to everyone!
Good day. Bought 2 identical Xiaomi TVs on Ali. My friend’s smartphone Xiaomi note4 displays a wireless display without any problems, but I can’t. The smartphone sees my TV, the connection process goes on for a while, and this is where it all ends. I distribute Wi-Fi from the same smartphone via an access point, for a friend everything works from my smartphone, but not for me. Please tell me what could be the problem. Thank you in advance.
Maybe just in the distribution of Wi-Fi? Try to turn off the distribution and connect to the TV.
The fact that TV is not connected to the network will be at this moment. it doesn’t matter.
Hello, there is an image display on YouTube and it works, but this function is not in the phone settings. I wanted to start the game.
help me please.
Good day to all. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone, LG KP5900 TV set, the Cast on YouTube of the phone perfectly transmits, but after a certain time, the picture and sound begin to freeze, for 20 seconds it freezes, then it works normally again and so on constantly. Please tell me who solved this problem. I will be grateful.
And if the same video is launched without a phone, but simply on TV in the YouTube application? It’s just that the problem is due to the “small brains” of the TV.
Hello. Smart TV. Accidentally clicked “reject” the connection of the phone to the TV. Now, whenever you try to connect wirelessly from your phone, the TV automatically rejects the request without asking anything. What to do?
I think somewhere in the TV settings you can find the corresponding parameters and disable the lock there.
Good evening TV Philips 5507. I can not bring Smart to TV help
Sound stutters when broadcasting a movie from a smartphone to a TV via Wi-Fi. Something can be done?
Most likely nothing, if just by transferring the image, as in the article you are transferring. Not very stable such connection.
But if you are the one to transfer movies (and those saved on the phone) to TV, then it is better to use DLNA for this (I do not have such instructions, but there is a DLNA server on Android on the Internet upon request)
I got out of the situation. I bought a cable and now I watch movies from my laptop online. I don’t like downloading and saving.
Thank you for your answer.
Good day. I have a UE46ES800 Samsung TV, I tried to transfer an image from a Sony E5533 Android 6.0 phone, it has screen mirroring, and the TV does not have a Screen Mirroring signal source, it has HDMI, HDMI2-CEC and external. How can I accomplish my idea? Need some kind of device?
Is there something related to Smart View somewhere? perhaps not in the choice of the signal, but separately in the settings.
And it is possible to transfer a screen image from a laptop to an Android tablet using a cable or otherwise in a movie mode?
Good afternoon, the TV shows a “playback error” when performing the 2nd step of connecting to the TV, miracle is on, wi-fi direct finds TV, the phone model is redmi note 4x. Tell me how to solve the problem.
If the TV shows it like this, then the smartphone may somehow encode the signal differently than the TV supports. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to fix it. If possible, check on another TV (from relatives, friend).
I have a TV with HDMI and USB, and an Android tablet with the same ports. What are the ways to transfer images through these ports?
Depends on the phone. Some are able to use USB-C (and in my opinion there were even rare models with MicroUSB) via a cable or adapter to transmit via HDMI, but the specific phone model is important here.
Well, or, if there is support for Miracast on TV and phone, then as described in the article.
It should be noted right away that this is far from the best way to broadcast high-definition video from a phone to a TV, due to the actual impossibility of this. It is hopelessly outdated for this a decade ago, and it is unlikely that it will work at all to transfer large files from the phone to the TV. Bluetooth has too low speed for such purposes, maximum it is suitable for sending pictures to a large screen, and then it may take some time. It is relevant to use this transmission method only in cases where all others are unavailable, and provided that both devices are equipped with sensors of the latest generation. The process itself looks like this:
- turn on Bluetooth in your smartphone and TV;
- in the settings of the first one, leave the corresponding section open;
- in the list of devices available for connection that opens, select TV;
- confirm this action in the TV settings.
If the connection is successful, the “phone screen” icon will appear on the TV screen, signaling that the devices are ready to transfer.
Important! You shouldn’t even try to use this method to watch video if the devices have Bluetooth version lower than 5.0, even in it the maximum possible transfer rate is 1 Mb / s.
Broadcasting video from your phone via Wi-Fi
As in the previous case, this connection option, with all its advantages, has a number of disadvantages. An obvious plus is that the smartphone can be located at a considerable distance from the TV, playback will be carried out even if it is transferred to another room. But it is possible to transfer a picture only if you have a Wi-Fi router, so that at the time of playback, both devices are connected to the same wireless network. Additionally, you cannot do without a special utility preinstalled in the phone and a browser on the TV.
- launch a timely downloaded application in the smartphone;
- open an Internet browser on the TV in parallel;
- go to the URL that will open in the application window;
- on the on-screen keyboard, in addition to the IP address, you must also specify the port number;
- when it is possible to transfer control to TV, access to the phone data will open.
If you wish, you can establish a secure connection in the utility settings, but hardly anyone will want to enter a password every time they connect.
Reference. On TVs like Samsung, everything is taken into account for connecting via Wi-Fi, and on budget TVs, there is no wireless adapter. In this case, you will need to connect via an Internet cable.
It is noteworthy that the connection process is as simple as possible, difficulties will not arise even for those who have no idea how it happens. But you don’t really have to figure it out, there are a huge number of ways, and in the devices themselves, both in smartphones and in TVs, all of them are provided in advance. The easiest way is for owners of the latest models of Xiaomi and iPhone, TVs, with support for Smart TV, in which such possibilities are unlimited and varied. But for not the most modern and advanced models, if they lack any of the functions, there are easier options to broadcast videos, images or music.
In any case, you will need to resort to one of two types of connection: wireless, or using a cable. The difference between them is significant, but in terms of the effort required to set up and the level of complexity, both types differ little from each other. The functionality of the devices itself, regardless of the brand, model, operating system, does not play a special role in this, if they are not even identical, then they are very similar to each other. The only thing that can be difficult is if, at the time of a wired connection to watch video from a phone on a TV, it turns out that the smartphone lacks a micro HDMI port. But even this can be easily solved with the help of an adapter.
Image output via HDMI cable
This way of playing videos or any other files from your phone on your TV has both advantages and disadvantages. Among the first, it is noted that in comparison with the previous one, the picture on the screen is displayed better, due to the absence of restrictions on the part of HDMI. But this advantage loses all meaning, in the case of playback through the phone, due to the lack of ports of this kind.
You will need to purchase an adapter for microUSB or an HDMI cable, which significantly affects the image quality. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- connect both devices using a cable between microUSB and HDMI ports;
- you do not need to do anything in the phone settings, the connection is automatic;
- in the TV settings, select the appropriate signal source “Output via HDMI”;
- in the same section, you can select the resolution and image quality from the available.
Alternatively, the broadcast starts immediately after setting the basic connection settings, and in the original file format.
Attention! Some versions of HDMI do not have the ability to deliver 4K high definition images, even if the devices support it. But this does not mean that the TV will not be able to play them the files themselves.
TV set-top boxes
By far the best option for watching videos and transferring any files is a Samsung TV, equipped for such purposes with everything you need. But how to watch a video if the available TV simply does not support the Smart TV function? It turns out that there will be no difficulties with this if you purchase a special console, which will significantly expand its capabilities. The best of its kind is Google Chromecast, a state-of-the-art technology for broadcasting all types of media content, compatible with all TVs and mobile operating systems. To connect it, you will need to apply simple manipulations:
- connect the set-top box to the TV using an HDMI cable;
- connect the set-top box to the power supply using a USB cable;
- connect a Wi-Fi router to the HDMI port of the set-top box to connect to the Internet;
- download and install the Google Home application on your smartphone;
- launch the finished application and log into it through your Google account;
- to start broadcasting, you just need to select from the list of Chromecast.
After that, you can, without any restrictions, not only watch a movie from your phone, but also hold presentations, open any of the saved files on the big screen and play your favorite games.
Attention! When buying a set-top box, you should pay attention to one important detail. there are two versions of Chromecast, the first supports Full HD resolution, the second 4K, but it costs more.
Using the app on your phone
- BubbleUPnP for DLNA. among its advantages, it is noted for compatibility with most Smart TVs, which should not be neglected. Another notable aspect of this app is the expanded support for Chromecast TVs and game consoles.
- Web Video Cast. the greatest advantage of this utility is the ability to view live broadcasts on the network, football matches, for example. Among other advantages, we can note the work on IPTV and the presence of a news column in the application itself.
- Server Cast. as the first of the presented options, is compatible with almost all models of Smart TVs. But, perhaps, its main advantage should be called support for streaming services, such as Apple TV and the presence of built-in IPTV Playlists.
After successfully connecting the phone to the TV, the corresponding icon will appear on the screen of the latter with a projection of the smartphone display.
Reference. Despite the individuality of the above utilities, the process of connecting and viewing selected files is absolutely identical.
How to watch videos on TV through your phone
Everyone already understands that it is much more convenient to watch a video on YouTube, shot on your smartphone, saved or online, play your favorite game on the big screen. In this case, the image will not only be larger, but also much better, you can see the smallest details, which is completely invisible on a small screen. It’s just that not everyone knows how to properly broadcast a picture from a phone to a TV, and many do not even think about the possibility of this.
Transferring video via USB cable
This is perhaps one of the easiest ways to transfer images from your phone to your TV. Its convenience lies in the fact that this does not require any auxiliary applications, and all devices, both smartphones and TVs, support this function and are equipped with the necessary ports for connection. The USB cable itself is sure to be found in the kit, if not one, then the other (its role in all modern smartphones is played by a charger, which consists of two parts).
To connect via USB, you need to make a few simple manipulations:
- connect the cable to both ports (it is impossible to confuse them);
- a window with available operating modes will appear on the phone screen;
- from the list of proposed options, select “USB-storage”;
- in the settings, select to read saved folders and files from a smartphone;
- then go to the TV settings, where to highlight the item “Source”;
- among the connection options, select the appropriate “USB”;
- often, depending on the TV, it is labeled as “Multimedia”;
- specify the file format that you want to play (video, photo, music).
After that, both devices are ready to broadcast. What you should pay attention to is that upon its completion, the “Source” settings must be reset to their original state.
Important! Online video playback using USB cable cannot be projected, this function is not supported by any device. Therefore, there is no point in looking for it in the settings.
DLNA (BubbleUpnP, iMediaShare)
The function allows you to pair devices on a Wi-Fi (home network) network and view files in a slideshow. It is advisable to use this type of communication if your TV does not have the SmartTV function, but is connected to the AppleTV, DuneHD, etc.
We draw your attention to the fact that in the method of communication between a smartphone and a TV via DLNA, it is impossible to broadcast an image online to TVs that do not have the SmartTV function. For everyone else, real-time image transmission is feasible.
We advise you to use a specially developed application that will facilitate the process of setting up data transmission. For iOS. iMediaShare, for Android. BubbleUpnP.
How to stream video from phone to TV or computer?
There are many ways that you can transfer an image from a smartphone screen to a TV or computer. To a large extent, it all depends on the phone and TV model. Let’s divide our article into several parts.
First, let’s consider the question that users most often ask us: “how to watch video from a phone on a TV?”
To resolve this issue, there are several ways that anyone can perform with minimal knowledge in this area. The result will lie in the capabilities of the smartphone and TV. In one case, you connect your smartphone as a flash card via a network or USB cable and then select the files you are interested in for viewing in the TV interface. In another case, if the functionality of a smartphone and a TV is available, the image is transmitted to the TV screen in the “online” mode. This option will be useful for those who like to play games or watch videos on a large diagonal.
USB or how to connect a smartphone to a TV via a USB cable?
As a rule, modern generations of TVs have USB ports for connecting media or data transfer devices. If such an interface is also present on your TV, then you can easily view photos and videos from your smartphone in USB storage mode.
One of the easiest ways to connect your smartphone to your TV is a USB to HDMI cable. In this case, the smartphone must have a micro-HDMI connector, and a free HDMI input on the TV. If, according to the technical characteristics, your smartphone does not have a micro-HDMI port, then we recommend that you use a micro-USB-HDMI adapter (converter).
Miracast or AirPlay (Wireless Monitor)
These are wireless technologies that transfer the image of the smartphone screen to TVs with the Smart TV function. The transfer of information occurs due to the direct connection of a smartphone and a TV, without routers and routers. Also on phones from Sony and Samsung, the wireless screen image transmission technology is called Screen Mirroring and Mirror Link.
On the example of a smartphone that runs on Android 6.0 (Meizu MX4), open the smartphone settings, go to the “Display” menu. “Wireless Monitor”.
The device searches for devices within the wireless range of your smartphone and TV. Select the connection interface available for communication, and the image of the smartphone screen will be broadcast to the TV.
As part of the article, we examined the most popular ways to connect a smartphone to a TV and transfer images from screen to screen in real time. These solutions are universal in nature and are suitable for the most popular models of smartphones and TVs, such as iPhone, Samsung, Sony, Meizu and others. To make it easier to understand the process of pairing a TV and a smartphone, we suggest you use the block diagram below.
Application to transfer data from phone to TV
Today, applications on Google Play solve almost any problem in smartphones and other Android devices. With their help, you can use the voice assistant in your smartphone, listen to podcasts or create text with your voice. To stream your video to your TV, try using the Cast to TV… app. Previously it was called XCast TV. But today app developers are changing the names of their programs to match popular search queries.
This application is more suitable for transferring video files to the screen. Its interface is similar to that of an MP3 player, where there are buttons to rewind, stop and change files in the list.
It also has the ability to create a local queue of files to be played on the TV. Through Broadcast to TV, you can stream images or make slideshows by selecting certain photos. You can stream video from the Internet. But on Smart TV, this feature is not an advantage.
The application will work with most models of smart TVs and devices: Fire Stick, Xbox, Roku, Chromocast, Panasonic, LG, Sony, Apple TV. It is a complete media center for Android devices with support for almost all TV platforms.
Transferring picture to TV from Android 9 smartphone
Newer models of Android smartphones and tablets have built-in technologies that are based on or functionally similar to Google Cast. Different manufacturers call it differently. For example, in Samsung smartphones it is Smart View, in Xiaomi, Honor. Cast, in others it can be called simply “Screen Recorder”.
To activate the function and transfer the image without any problems, you must at least have devices with the same ninth version of Android. Or released under the same brand.
The TV does not need settings, the connection should occur automatically.
The process of activating the broadcast in this case is very simple, you need to open the quick access menu on your smartphone:
In the menu, find the function that is responsible for broadcasting. In our case, this is Smart View on a Samsung smartphone;
In this case, both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. In some cases, Bluetooth activation is required on the phone.
In the quick access menu, sometimes the icon for connecting to a TV can be overlooked. This is due to the fact that in the latest versions of Android quite a lot of applications and functions have been added. And they all don’t fit on the first screen. Click on the line under the given window or the pencil icon to expand the entire list.
Connecting iPhone to TV to stream video
We will not consider how to connect a TV and a smartphone from Apple. Since it is obvious. In this case, everything is quite simple. you click on the pairing button in the menu, and you are already broadcasting the video from your phone to Apple TV.
Much more difficult when you are using an iPhone, but a TV with Android or other firmware from popular or not so popular manufacturers.
The first step is to connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network:
- Next, download the YouTube application to your smartphone and TV. The download source is not important. Since most TVs have their own markets. For example, LG has its own market with applications;
- We launch the video through the YouTube application on the iPhone and find an icon in the form of a TV screen and radio waves at the top of the window. Click it;
In this way, you can not only stream YouTube videos, but also music. But for this you need to go to the YouTube Music section.
When it comes to transferring a screen with pictures or iPhone files to TV, here you have to fork out for 6. Since you need to download the application from the App Store. It is different for each brand of TV. Here the instructions for each manufacturer are different. Therefore, you will have to search for the application yourself, understand it and connect your smartphone to TV for broadcast.
How to stream video from phone to TV
Our house is gradually acquiring more and more new digital and smart devices: smartphone, computer, electric kettle, vacuum cleaner, TV. This list can be continued for a long time. But it is also important for us that some of these devices can interact. This article will show you how to stream or transfer video files from your phone to your TV.
Broadcast video from phone to TV using HDMI cable
Perhaps the most universal, but not common, is the method of transferring video to the TV screen via a phone. an HDMI cable. It is easy to implement if your TV has a port for this type of cable. Its absence on a smartphone can be easily solved using an adapter from HDMI to microUSB or USB Type-C, depending on the model and manufacturer of the mobile device.
In the same way, you can connect a laptop or computer to a TV to watch a video on it, streaming video from a browser.
Or even use it as your primary monitor. It is also important to support the smartphone MHL or HDMI.
This information can be found in the instructions for the smartphone. But if there is no access to it, the Checker for MHL mobile application will help to check support.
Install it and start the check by clicking on the “Check MHL” button. As a result, the result will be displayed in the next window. The application does not have Russian, the answer phrase will need to be translated in the translator.
Even if your smartphone or TV does not support HDMI, you can still connect the devices with an RCA wire (“bells”, “tulips”) with an adapter to the jack in your phone. This will allow you to stream the video from your device to your TV.
Broadcast to TV program for smartphone
There is another useful development in Google Play applications. “Broadcast to TV”. It is analogous to the previous one with similar functions. And it is also free for home use. For it to work, you need to connect your devices to the same Wi-Fi network so that they can work locally. At the same time, even in the absence of the Internet, you can transfer files to the TV.
The application supports most of the popular TV firmware. And an easy-to-use file player.
|Built-in browser.||Knows how to search for videos on the Internet. You can quickly find the picture you need to watch it on the big TV screen.|
|High quality.||Support for 1080p resolution.|
|Saving data.||If you accidentally stop playing and turn off the device, the application will remember this place. And the next time you turn it on, it will start playing from it.|
|Capturing video.||The application is capable of recording real-time videos on YouTube.|
If your TV for some reason does not receive data, make sure it has the necessary functions. Also make sure it is currently connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone. If you can’t connect your device with a cable, use the Android or iPhone app. Or a built-in feature that lets you stream video from your mobile phone to your home TV.