Method 2. using RecoveryMode
To enable the emergency recovery mode (RecoveryMode), you need to do the following: while holding the HOME button, connect the device via USB to the computer (you must first turn off the mobile device). Next, launch iTunes, in the “restore iPhone or iPad” window that appears, click “okay”, the File Manager will appear, where you will need to select the firmware you downloaded. Then everything is clear: confirm, the installation begins.
If the device turns on, but there are some slowdowns in its operation, it is best to reset the update presets.
It is necessary to consistently perform the following actions:
- go to the settings of the mobile device, scroll down the page and find the section with the build number;
- click on the build number until a notification appears that developer mode has been successfully enabled;
- a new section “Developer options” will appear in the settings, there you need to scroll down and enable “USB debugging”;
- connect your device to your computer using a USB cable and make sure the computer recognizes it.
Now for more details on how to rollback an Android update. If for any reason the PC does not detect the phone, you should open the device manager so that it updates or installs the necessary drivers. Then you need to go to the Platform-tools folder and make sure that all the contents of the factory image are there.
You need to place the cursor on an unallocated space in the folder, simultaneously press Shift and the right mouse button to open the command line, where you should enter adb devices and press Enter. The phone should be displayed as a random sequence of characters (serial number). “Not recognized” will appear next to this, but this is normal.
Now you need to go to your mobile device to see the offer to allow USB debugging there. You can check the box next to the “Always allow” option and click “OK”. This will indicate that the ADB utility has recognized the device. If something went wrong, then the drivers are not installed correctly, or you just need to wait for the phone to receive a signal asking for debug access. Now you need to enter adb devices again and press Enter, after which the word “Device” should appear next to the serial number of the device.
How to rollback to Android: enter adb reboot Bootloader and press Enter, after which the device should reboot in Fastboot mode. If an image of a green robot lying on its back appears, then everything is done correctly. There will be a small colored Fastboot Mode block at the bottom of the screen. At the very end of the block, there must be a Lock State option. If it is in Locked mode, it means that the bootloader is locked. It is restored using the Fastboot oem unlock command, which is confirmed by the Enter key.
A question should appear on the device: “Are you sure you want to unlock your bootloader?” Use the volume keys to navigate through the options and press the power button to confirm. The phone will return to Fastboot mode. After a few seconds, the device will completely unlock the bootloader. Now it will be unlocked in the Lock State section, thanks to which it will be possible to install another operating system. From this moment, all that remains is to enter the flash-all command and press Enter. After completing the firmware, the user will be able to run the previous version of Android.
Working with Recovery
- In the window that opens, select wіpe dаta / factory reset / Yеs. wіpe аll usеr dаta.
- Next, you need to select your firmware file, for this open Install zip from sdcard / chоose zip frоm / sdcаrd. Select the firmware and confirm: Yеs. install аrchive.zіp.
Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable. In iTunes, you need to open the device management page. Next, you need to hold down Shift (Alt for Mac), and then refresh the device control window by clicking the corresponding button. Explorer (Finder on Mac) will open, where you need to select the old operating system file that you previously downloaded. Confirm the installation of an older operating system.
On Asus devices
If a person owns an old smartphone or tablet from ASUS, then it is best to use the following step-by-step instructions for rolling back:
- Download the firmware that will be suitable for the existing device from the official website or specialized forums.
- Transfer downloaded files to the root of the device in any way.
- Reboot your device and wait for the search to end.
- After that, an icon in the form of a triangle with an exclamation mark will appear on the notification bar.
- Click on the icon and agree with all actions that will be performed with the operating system of the gadget.
- Wait until the end of the flashing and reboot of the phone.
Important! It is worth noting that the OS does not care which version of the firmware was loaded into memory, if it is suitable. Thus, you can not only roll back, but also update.
It is sometimes easier to delete the firmware and restore it back on Asus than on other smartphones
How to roll back Android firmware updates
The most effective way to quickly restore installed programs, system configurations and system appearance is to download the latest stable backup. Before making any major adjustments to the memory or the system, you need to make a backup. This can protect against any consequences in the form of software crashes, OS instability and critical errors.
Important! Creation of restorations is an important point not only when flashing Androids, but also in any other areas of software installation and programming.
If a person did not take care of creating a backup and began to change his operating system, then there is a way out. In case of failure, you can be asked to provide a backup copy of a person with the same gadget. It is clear that the best way is to rollback to your copies, as this is more reliable and safer, but sometimes there is no other option.
There are a huge number of programs that make system backups. As it became known, Android cannot do this internally, so third-party software becomes relevant. Each application has its own merits and demerits. One of the most popular and suitable for many smartphones is “Titainum Backup”
On Xiaomi devices
To rollback on Xiaomi smartphones, you need to perform a number of preparatory steps: charge your gadget and create a backup copy of existing data, including OS parameters. This can be done by analogy with Samsung phones. Next, you need to reset all Android settings. Often after that, users can already switch to the release that they used initially, but this does not always work. To reset, go to “Settings”. “Advanced parameters”. “Reset”. Reset to factory settings “.
If the rollback fails, then complete update wipes should be carried out. To do this, go to the gadget settings again, select the “About phone” menu and the “Software update” item. It will contain a sub-item “Reboot in recovery mode”. After rebooting, you must select the “Wipe Data” option and wait until all Android and MIUI updates are completely cleared.
Sometimes resetting “Xiaomi” helps to reset the settings
Differences between Android update and rollback
If a person at least once in his life has come across an operating system update on his mobile device and performed it, then he should understand some things. In this process, all user data (photos, videos, contacts, notes, programs, etc.), as well as the parameters of installed programs and linked accounts will not go anywhere and will be available as usual. If the user rolls back or returns the system to a previous state, then all this data is deleted, since this is equivalent to resetting all parameters to the factory state.
There is another nuance: rollback is quite difficult to perform. Typically, you do not need to do anything to update the operating system. She performs the process on her own. You just need to check for new releases and agree to install the most recent one. In general, control is carried out by two buttons: “Download” and “Accept”. You cannot rollback the version in this way. There is simply no universal instruction or manual for this.
Important! Rollbacks are recommended only if absolutely necessary.
To return to the previous release of the operating system, you will have to find and download special software, install it on a personal computer, find a suitable recovery mode (Recovery Mode) and perform many other actions.
It is best to search for old firmware versions on w3bsit3-dns.com
Rollback firmware update on Android via Recovery
Sometimes the standard methods do not help and then they are interested in how to roll back the Android update through the standard “Recovery” menu. First of all, you need to make sure that it is unlocked. To do this, turn off the phone and turn it on using the volume and power key combinations. Most often, the mode is entered by simultaneously pressing and holding the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons. If this does not help, then you can repeat the procedure, but with the “Volume up” key already pressed. Sometimes it is necessary to hold down all three buttons to transfer the device to the “Recovery” mode. If the process is not successful, then most likely this mode is not unlocked on the phone. You should unlock it or install a custom “Recovery”.
If Recovery has opened, you should select the item “Wіpe dаta / factory reset / Yеs” and click on the inscription “Wіpe аll usеr dаta”. This will reset all new releases of the operating system. Next, you should select your firmware file, which will be suitable for the device. To do this, click on the item “Install ZIP-archive from SD-card” and the sub-item “Select archive from SD-card”. It remains only to confirm your actions and click on “Yes. install archive”.
The installation will take place, at the end of which the device will be rebooted and the system will be completely rolled back. It is recommended that you carefully follow the instructions or entrust this matter to a professional.
On Samsung devices
Samsung Galaxy owners are often plagued by developer updates and are looking for how to rollback to Android. Such actions on “Samsung” are the easiest to perform through a PC using the Odin program. The step-by-step instruction looks like this:
- Go to any search engine and indicate in the search bar the site w3bsit3-dns.com and the name of your phone with the model.
- Click on any link that is not advertising. Register on the forum.
- Find in the header of the attached topic a link to the section with official firmware. Expand Drivers and Utilities.
- Download and install the program “One” from the official website, as well as the utility “Samsung USB Drivers for Mobile Phones”.
- Open the firmware tab and find out what version of the release is on the phone at the moment. To do this, go to the path “Settings”. “Information”. “About software”.
- Select the operating system corresponding to the region and bootloader code that you want to load. Download it to your computer.
- Back up all user data through a special utility, which was described above, or use the official program “Samsung Smart Switch”.
- Transfer “Samsung” to recovery and firmware mode. Make sure it is at least 50% charged.
- Wait until the phone is recognized, select the downloaded firmware files and start the process by pressing the “Start” button. When finished, the phone will reboot automatically.
Important! It is advisable to trust such actions to a person who understands Android and its recovery processes. When you rollback yourself, there is a chance to face many errors.
You can find previous firmware on “Samsung” on specialized forums
How to rollback an Android update to a previous version
Many want to update their operating system and only a few are looking to roll back the Android firmware. This is due to the fact that not all OS releases work well on every device. There are also mistakes that prevent you from using the phone normally. It is also possible that a person does not want to switch to a new version, since the old one is completely satisfied with him. This article will tell you how to return the previous version of Android if it was updated by mistake or against the will of the owner of the gadget.
How to downgrade from Android 11 Beta to Android 10
Is it possible to rollback an Android update
Modern mobile phones are highly dependent on software and operating systems in particular. There are times when a gadget is sharpened for one single OS or its version. Computer technology can be cited as an example. If a laptop was sold with a pre-installed Windows 8 or 8.1 operating system, then reinstalling it on the seven is very difficult or even impossible. In some cases, only replacing the hard drive will help.
It is possible to return a previous OS release, but it is not easy
The same can happen with Android smartphones. Only in some cases is it possible to install older operating systems. Not everyone knows about this, but the components of the gadget work with the help of certain drivers, which also makes them similar to similar components of laptops and personal computers.
Note! You can install older OS versions on those phones that came from the factory with releases 3, 4 or 5.
Lack of support is the result of the unscrupulous economy of a mobile technology manufacturer. He develops processors and drivers for them, which “go” only for certain releases of the Android OS. Therefore, any Snapdregon processor may simply not be recognized on an old, but stable version of Android 3 or 4.
Before restoring the OS, you need to find out the current software version
Rollback means installing the OS release that was originally installed on the device from the factory. Many people think this is logical and they hope that the manufacturers of software and smartphones will not prevent this in any way. Here, too, not everything is as simple as it seems. Simply and without unnecessary problems, you can roll back the system only if its backup copy (backup) was saved in the smartphone’s memory.
Unfortunately, operating systems from Google do not have such a function, and when installing new releases, all user data, as well as the settings of the phone and programs (as well as the applications themselves) are completely erased. Internal memory is usually so small. Nobody wants to clutter it with unnecessary backups that they might never need at all. In this regard, many experienced and not so users are looking for an answer to the question of how to return a previous version of Android.
Odin is the best solution to rollback to Samsung
How to uninstall the latest os update on Honor and Huawei using utilities
When you install a new firmware version, the old one is erased automatically. Therefore, you do not need to delete it separately using programs.
Flashing from fastboot
- Install the drivers and unpack the archive with the utility and firmware into different folders in the root of the local PC disk. The name should not contain spaces and letters of the Russian alphabet.
- Move 4 files from the utility folder to the firmware folder.
- Run the command line by pressing the Win R keys on your keyboard and entering “cmd.exe” in the window that appears (without quotes).
- Drag the flash_all.bat file into the opened window and press Enter.
- Wait until the flashing is complete.
Installing a previous firmware version is a simple but dangerous procedure. Any mistake or inattention of the user can turn a barely working device into an unbootable “brick”.
Updating Tablet Firmware
All Huawei and Honor equipment works according to the same principle, respectively, there is one operating system and very similar chips. That is why the developers offer you the same reinstallation options as for mobile phones:
- by air;
- using HiSuite;
- manually by downloading a file.
Why the update is not coming
There are a number of models for which there is no version of the new shell at all. If you fall into this category, then you shouldn’t wait for it. If a new thing should come out on your smartphone, then write to the technical support service.
Bootloader is a bootloader that allows you to install firmware on your phone. In basic mode, it is locked by the developers in order to deprive inexperienced users of the ability to change system parameters. Without unlocking it, you won’t be able to install the required Android version on Huawei.
Rollback via Fastboot and Recovery
Finally, you can roll back via special modes, but this requires Mi Flash and an unlocked bootloader.
Connect phone via USB cable and enter Fastboot mode.
Select Clean All and reflash.
After installation, the device will turn on automatically.
If you are going to rollback via Recovery, you need to:
- Place the firmware file in the phone memory.
- Turn off the smartphone, then simultaneously hold down the power button and volume up.
- In the special menu, select the sections “Reboot” and “Recovery”.
- Click “Install”, select the firmware file and confirm the rollback.
Using Recovery Mode requires TWRP.
Rollback MIUI update
An update can be rolled back in different ways:
- through a factory reset;
- through the “three points”;
- using developer firmware;
- via Recovery or Fastboot modes.
The choice of this or that method depends not only on your knowledge and skills, but also on the specific smartphone model, as well as the MIUI version. Sometimes you have to try several methods until you find a working one.
Rollback to default version
It was already mentioned above that before rolling back the firmware, you should reset to factory settings. Sometimes, in this case, you will immediately return to the factory (default) version of the firmware. You don’t have to download anything extra to your phone.
To eliminate the possibility of various errors, it is recommended to carry out a complete data cleaning through Recovery:
- Go to Settings and select the “About phone” section.
- Select “System Update” and click the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Click “Restart in Recovery Mode”.
- After rebooting, a special menu will open where you need to select Wipe Data.
Cleaning through Recovery cannot be done with locked bootloaders. It is better not to perform this procedure on smartphones with an MTK processor.
Where to find the required firmware
To return to the previous version of MIUI, you need to not only remove the current firmware, but also download the required version. For this:
- Go to the official MIUI website.
- Select the “Firmware” section.
- Find your smartphone model.
- Download the correct firmware version.
The firmware should be downloaded to your computer, but you can use any other device.
Rollback without root rights
This method is similar to the previous one, but you will have to download not only the previous firmware, but also the current version of the developer firmware (Developer Rom).
Downgrade MIUI 11 from MIUI 12 | Downgrade MIUI 12 & Android Version | Poco X2 & Any Xiaomi Device
Next, you need to rename both files to “update.zip” and place them in the phone’s memory. After three points, they first install the developer version, and then install the previous stable version of MIUI.
In this case, ROOT rights or unlocking the bootloader are not required, but you cannot roll back from MIUI 10 to MIUI 9.
Preparing the phone for MIUI rollback
MIUI firmware rollback is accompanied by some peculiarities, so the smartphone must be prepared in advance.
When downgrading to a previous version, all user data is erased.
In this regard, it is required to make a copy of all the data that is located on your phone. You can just dump especially important files to a PC or USB flash drive, but it’s better to create a backup using the settings of MIUI itself.
- Go to “Settings” and go to “Advanced settings”.
- Select the “Recovery and reset” section.
- Click the line “Local backup” (you may need to enter a pattern or password here).
- Create a backup (during the creation process, you can control the backup options).
In the same section, reservation is available via Mi Cloud and Google account.
You can activate automatic data saving, and then the system and application settings will be copied and updated at a specified frequency.
After creating a backup, charge your phone. The battery must be at least 70% charged. Recommended value. over 90%.
Next, it is recommended to reset the settings. To do this, you need to re-enter the “Restore and reset” section, find the appropriate item and delete all files on the phone.
Further actions depend on the selected rollback method.
Rollback through “Three points
The most common way to go back to a previous MIUI version.
- Name the previously downloaded firmware archive “update.zip”.
- Connect phone to PC via native USB cable.
- Move the firmware to the smartphone’s memory (directly to the root, no need to create additional folders).
- Now go to Advanced Settings and select the “For Developers” section.
- Activate the “Factory Unlock” item (it has nothing to do with the Xiaomi bootloader).
- Go to the section “About phone”. “System update”.
- After three points, select the firmware file (find the file “update.zip” in the root of the internal memory).
If everything is done correctly, the firmware will be installed and the phone will reboot. After that, you can restore the previously saved data.
Removing updates from system applications
It should be noted right away that this method is only suitable for earlier versions of the Android operating system, since updates for regular applications cannot be removed in new versions, but only for system applications.
Updates can only be uninstalled for the default Android apps. Basically, these are various Google services and related programs, for example, Google Chrome, Voice Assistant, Play Store and others. If you need to uninstall the latest update in such an application, the procedure will be as follows:
- Go to “Settings” on your smartphone and go to the “Applications” section;
- You will see a complete list of installed programs and services. You can go directly to the “System Applications”, if you have one;
- Find in the list the application for which you want to uninstall the update, and click on it;
- A window will appear in front of you where you can clear the cache, completely uninstall the program or the latest updates. You need to click on the “Remove updates” tab;
- Confirm the operation by clicking “OK” in the next window. After that, the latest updates for the application on your smartphone will be removed.!
Attention! If you are unable to uninstall updates immediately, we recommend that you check if this application is not working at this moment. If it works, then it’s better to stop it, and only then calmly delete it. To do this, in the application menu, you just need to click on the “Stop” tab, and only then perform the described actions.
Removing updates via Google Play
Again, this method only works for system apps that are installed by default in Android. Through the Google Play service, you can immediately remove all updates that have been released for the application through the “Remove” tab:
- Go to Google Play and find in the list or through the search the application for which you want to uninstall the latest updates;
- Click on it and on the left side of the screen, click on the “Delete” tab. Please note that not a complete removal of the program will occur, but only updates, and all data in it will remain. For example, in Google Chrome, history, passwords, etc.
- The system will show you a notification in which it will ask you again to confirm the removal of updates. Agree with this by clicking “Ok”.
Please note that this can only be done with the software that is installed by default in the Android operating system of your phone. For example, if you click “Delete” on the 2GIS program in this way, it will simply be completely removed from your device.
How to uninstall app update on Android
Applications on smartphones with the Android operating system are constantly updated, as there are numerous bugs and errors, vulnerabilities, therefore, no modern software can do without the release of new versions, including on mobile platforms. But often these very “new versions” are released with even more serious problems, which is why users begin to search the Internet for information on how to remove the latest application updates on Android. If you are reading this material, then you are one of these users.
In fact, there are not so many ways, and not in all cases you can delete updates from your smartphone in a few clicks. But we considered all possible options and told you in which cases to apply which method. Well, read on
Removing and reloading programs completely
If, nevertheless, you need to remove updates from a program that does not belong to the system, then you will have to resort to a little trick. The fact is that only the latest version of the application will always be available on Google Play, and even if you uninstall it and try to download it again, the program will still be downloaded with the latest updates. But there is a way out here too!
You can download any version of the program from third-party sites and install it not from Google Play, but through the APK file, allowing installation from Unknown Sources. But at the same time, there are a large number of sites where you can download verified files, for example, the same trashbox. As a result, the procedure will be as follows:
- You need to find out which version of the program is installed on your smartphone in order to download one version lower from trashbox (after all, it will not contain those updates);
- To do this, go to the “Applications” tab and find what you need in the list;
- Click on it and in the “Version” tab, see what is written.
- Now you need to uninstall the program and download one version below. First uninstall the previous application completely from your smartphone;
- On your phone, you allow the installation of APK files from third-party sources. If you don’t know how to do this, read our separate article;
- Go to the site trashbox or similar and enter the name of the application in the search;
- Choose the version you need and download it to your smartphone;
- Install the program and check the functionality.
Attention! Do not update the application through Google Play, otherwise you will also have the latest version downloaded with all updates. We recommend that you disable automatic updates in this case. How to do this will be written below.
Disable automatic app updates
In order not to face problems in the future when you update the application, but at the same time you do not need this update. you can disable this option. As a result, you yourself will determine when to download new versions for any application on Google Play. over, there are also two settings here: disabling updates for all applications at once and only for specific ones. We have analyzed both options so that you can choose the most optimal for yourself.