iPhone frozen and won’t restart
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
The situation when the iPhone freezes and does not restart is familiar to many smartphone owners. Software errors occur when applications do not work correctly and conflicts between programs. As a result, the phone starts to hang spontaneously, glitch, the power-on function disappears, it turns out to be inoperative.
Usually, when the device freezes, the iOS versions do not turn off or restart. Most often, older iPhone models (4,5) hang. Modern iPhones of the sixth and seventh models start to fail much less often.
There are several ways to restart your iPhone, depending on how disrupted normal operation is. Signs of a freezing device with an apple logo include:
- iPhone does not come to working condition for more than 1 minute
- I can’t turn on the device
- pressing the (Device, Home, Power) button gives no results
- the device cannot be turned off
As practice shows, most software errors can be eliminated on their own, only some of them require professional intervention.
Self-service recovery methods for iOS devices
As a rule, if the iPhone starts to freeze and glitch, the owners try to restart the smartphone. But the standard reboot method (pressing the Lock / Power button) does not always give results. IPhone does not perform functions or commands when frozen, no matter how long the button is held down.
In this case, you need to apply a hard reboot. This reboot method allows you to turn on your device even if your phone is experiencing system errors. To get the phone out of the frozen state, you need to press the Home button and the Power button at the same time. Hold the buttons until the Apple logo appears on the iPhone screen. A hard restart puts the smartphone into recovery mode and it should automatically turn on.
There is another way to hard reboot. In order to restart the iPhone and put it into normal operation, you need to simultaneously press the Lock button and the Shutdown button. Wait for the iPhone to turn off. After turning off, you should pause for a few minutes and press the Power button. By pressing this button, you will see the Apple logo, which will indicate that the hard reset worked and your phone started up normally.
It should be noted that the Home button and the Power button in the iOS version are responsible for more than just starting recovery mode. With their help, you can take a screenshot of the screen. But you need to hold down the Home key and the shutdown button for no longer than 1 second, otherwise the iPhone will restart. If, after pressing the button, the smartphone does not start to respond and turn on, you need to contact a specialist.
Causes of spontaneous shutdown of the device
If the iPhone freezes and won’t restart, it was due to some reason. Most often, problems with Apple equipment arise due to the following reasons:
- due to mechanical damage
- software errors, configuration failures
- contact with liquids
- factory marriage
Under the influence of such negative factors, the iPhone may not turn on, hang, glitch, it may not have the function to turn off the device, the Device, Home, Power buttons may not work. In this case, you need to carry out a hard reboot in order to turn off the phone.
Benefits of qualified assistance
If you have tried all the restart methods (pressing the Power button and the Home key) and the iPhone has failed to turn on, contact a professional. Experienced specialists will fix software errors on smartphones of the iOS version, correct settings and return a fully working iPhone to you.
For a quick and high-quality iPhone repair, contact Yuda specialists who have extensive experience and the necessary equipment for repair.
Yudu performers will help you restore your phone to working condition when:
- boot mode does not start
- the button does not want to turn on
- charging does not respond
- I can’t turn on the Power, Home keys
- apple logo not visible
If the iPhone freezes and does not restart, order the services of experienced craftsmen registered with Yuda, and they will perform phone restoration in a short time.
How to Restart iPhone 10 If the Screen Doesn’t Work?
How to restart iPhone 10 if it freezes
- Hold and quickly release the volume up button.
- Hold and quickly release the volume down button again.
- Hold down the on / off button (Power key). Hold it until the iPhone screen darkens.
How to turn off iPhone if sensor is not working?
So how do you turn off your iPhone if the sensor isn’t working? Take the device in your hands and simultaneously hold down the lock button and the “Home” key. Keep them pressed until the smartphone screen turns off. If you are using the seventh iPhone, then instead of the Home button, you will use the volume down key.
How to restart an iPhone8?
How to Reset iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: New Hard Reset Buttons
- Press the volume up button and release.
- Press the volume down button and release.
- Press and hold the Power (Standby) button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
iPhone 8 or 8 Plus Fixed! Frozen Screen / Unresponsive (30 Second Fix)
Why the iPhone does not turn on the apple is burning?
The main root cause of the problem, if an apple is on on the iPhone, the phone does not turn on, is a banal lack of energy for the smartphone, since the iPhone battery has a very low percentage of charge. In this case, after restarting the smartphone, it is quite possible to face such a situation.
How to restart on Windows 8?
Instead, the reboot is done as follows: first, briefly press the volume up key, then the volume down key, and then hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears. Only then will the iPhone 8 completely reboot.
How to turn off iPhone 8 if frozen?
Press and hold the Volume Up / Down and Side Button until the Power Off slider appears. Move the slider and then wait 30 seconds for the device to turn off.
How to turn off iPhone 8 if sensor does not work?
To restart iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, do the following:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
Why iPhone won’t respond to commands
If the iPhone is frozen, then the first reason you should pay attention to. a large number of applications used. Especially if some of them are constantly running in the background. When running programs that require a lot of space on iOS (for example, geolocation, and various games), the following may happen:
- the touchscreen will respond slowly when pressed, preventing you from answering an incoming call, dialing a number, sending a message, or unlocking the screen altogether
- iPhone will simply turn off due to high battery drain
iPhone may start to glitch even after updating programs over the Internet. Especially if the “Auto update” function is active.
What to do if your smartphone’s touchscreen display becomes glitchy
If the phone starts to glitch or freeze for the first time, first try to wait for the response of the corresponding application. The processor will close unresponsive applications by itself and return to normal operation. If there is no response, try restarting your device. To do this, follow these steps:
- press the “Home” button and the “Power” button at the same time
- hold them for at least 5 seconds
After that, the screen will turn off, and then the phone will turn on automatically. If this does not happen, then click on the lock button and the iPhone will work.
Another way to lock / unlock the screen on the iPhone, or simply turn on the device if the shutdown button does not respond to commands, is to charge the smartphone. It is possible that the phone will start to respond to the power button after reaching 100 percent battery charge, as it stuck due to a large number of running applications that require a lot of power.
If the sensor lags, but at the same time the screen works slowly and gives at least some kind of reaction, then you can do without an emergency reboot method. To do this, just try to turn off your iPhone normally:
- press the Power button
- wait until “Slide To Power Off” appears on the phone screen
- slide the slider to the desired position
Next, turn on the device by pressing the lock button. If Athos freezes and slows down due to a large number of open programs, then the methods of rebooting and shutting down will help him restore performance.
If the phone freezes or slows down after the update, then reset the settings, but first save all the data on the device. There are two ways to fix your smartphone if it starts to glitch:
- “Reset all settings”. a gentle method, since it saves all user data, in order to perform a “Reset all settings”, you need to go to “Settings”, then click the “General” button and then. Reset button
- “Erase content and settings”. a radical method that erases all data from the device, you can also activate this function in the “Settings” section (“General”. “Reset”) by pressing the “Erase iPhone” button
If the iPhone crashes were related to the update, then after resetting the settings, you will be able to dial the number normally, answer incoming calls and messages again.
If the smartphone regularly slows down and freezes, or the screen turns off by itself, then most likely a firmware update is required. Only professionals will help to solve this problem.
IPhone is frozen
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
Apple products are one of the most reliable and high-quality in the world, but sometimes its owners may face the fact that the iPhone or iPad freezes. If the sensor lags, it could be caused by a low battery level or a software glitch. Bringing the touchscreen back to life is most often done through the usual reboot method. To avoid similar problems with the iPhone in the future, you need to understand the reasons for the freezing of the smartphone.
How to restart a device without using the power button
There are situations when you need to turn off or restart without using the shutdown buttons (especially important if they do not work at all). To do this, you need to “pull” the “Assistive Touch” function to the desktop. You can do it like this:
- go to the menu item “Settings”
- select “Accessibility”
- activate “Assistive Touch” by moving the slider to the “On” position
This function on the iPhone makes it possible to lock the screen, turn off and adjust the sound, return to the home page, avoiding pressing the Home button, and most importantly, it allows you to turn off the device if the shutdown button does not work.
If, after all the manipulations performed, the phone continues to slow down, periodically freezes, does not respond to locking and unlocking, seek professional help. Experts will diagnose the device, determine the reason why the smartphone does not ring and does not respond to the shutdown button. After determining the malfunction, the following work will be performed:
- firmware update
- replacement of loops on the lock key
IPhone 8 freezes and won’t restart, what should I do? How to reboot?
Surprisingly enough, many problems can be solved by simply restarting the iPhone or iPad. Even experienced Apple users sometimes don’t know what to do when iPhone 8 freezes? How do I reboot? So we thought we should cover this topic.
Restore iPhone 7, 8 via DFU Mode
If restarting didn’t fix your problem, try restoring your iPhone. Recovery mode allows your iPhone to connect with iTunes and restore iOS or restore your data backed up to your phone. This is a relatively simple process and solves the problem in some cases.
Recovery mode works more often than reboot, but even this may not solve the problem.
IPhone 8 freezes how to restart, hard reset:
Just hold the power button and home button until the Apple logo appears. Then let the device complete its sequence.
The new generation iPhone doesn’t have a physical Home button, so the steps above won’t work for it. You need to press the power / lock button on the right side of the device and the volume down button on the left side of the device. Continue holding both buttons together until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears. How hard reset affects iPhone?
We recommend that you back up your device to your Mac / PC or iCloud before hard resetting your iPhone or iPad.
IPhone 8 dfu mode
If you still see the Apple logo and nothing helps, the problem is your iPhone booting. Firmware update in dfu mode stops your iPhone from booting in all paths so you can connect it to iTunes and restore iPhone and start over.
Dfu mode takes some practice because it requires a fairly precise set of steps, but try a few times and you should succeed. To enter dfu mode, follow these instructions:
Launch iTunes on your computer.
Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your phone
Turn off your phone. If the phone does not turn off using the slider on the screen, just hold the on / off button until the screen turns off
After the phone is turned off, press and hold the on / off button for 3 seconds
When 3 seconds have passed, hold the On / Off button by pressing the Home button on the front of your phone (if you have an iPhone 7, use the Volume Down button instead of the Home button)
Hold both buttons for 10 seconds
Release the On / Off button, but continue to hold the Home (or Volume Down on iPhone 7) button for another 5 seconds
If nothing is displayed on the screen. the Apple logo, connect to iTunes and you received invitations, etc you are not in dfu mode and you need to start the process again, starting from step 1
If your iPhone screen stays black and nothing shows up, you’re in dfu mode. It might be hard to see, but the iPhone screen is off and looks a little different than it did before.
When you are in dfu mode, a pop-up window appears in iTunes on your computer and prompts you to restore your iPhone. You can either restore your iPhone to factory settings or upload a backup of your data to your phone.
How to Force Reboot/Restart iPhone 8/8/7/7. Frozen Screen Fix
If the article: iPhone 8 freezes, what to do? Was useful please share in the social. networks.
How to perform the procedure through a computer
- Be sure to update your backup iPhone first by selecting your Apple ID account name in Settings. Below in the menu, select iCloud and by going to the tab, click the “Backup” item, and then “Create a backup copy”.
- Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Restart the device using the above method and wait for the iTunes connection screen.
- The program will offer to restore or update the system. Click the item you want.
6s and 6
To perform a standard 6 or 6S reboot, all you need to do is:
- press the “Sleep” button and hold until the switch appears on the screen.
- move it to the other side and the gadget will turn off.
- after about a minute, press this button again and the phone will turn on again.
For an emergency reboot of these models, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- press the “power” key and without releasing it press the “Home” key;
- keep them for a few seconds until the device turns off.
Instructions on how to force restart any iPhone
In the life of every iPhone owner, there must have been a situation when the phone began to malfunction, freeze, glitch, slow down, or completely stop responding to pressing the touchscreen. Although the apple device is considered a quality product. Let’s figure out how to restart an iPhone. The procedure allows you to restore system processes and unload smartphone memory.
The manual is suitable for all models, starting from 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11. 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max.
- How to restart iPhone depending on model
- Series 8, X, XS, XR, 11
- 7, 7 Plus models
- 6s and 6
- SE, 5s and older models
- Question answer
- Difference between hard reboot and normal
- What to do if the screen doesn’t work
- What to do if mechanical keys do not work
- Why freezes occur
- Can I reboot with Siri
- What to do if iPhone requires a password after restarting
- The technique itself reboots
- How to perform the procedure through a computer
- Recovery mode
- DFU mode
What to do if the screen doesn’t work
If the screen stays black when you press ON, try charging your iPhone first. If you are sure that it is not about charging, then you need to reboot using the keys using the methods described above.
SE, 5s and older models
If the iPhone SE, 5s or earlier model is working normally, then reboot as follows:
- click on the “Power” button located in the upper right corner of the gadget;
- hold it for a few seconds;
- turn off the phone using the touch switch that appears.
If the phone freezes and does not respond, then you need to force restart the device with two keys.
- hold the buttons “Home” and “Power” at the same time for about 7-8 seconds;
- after that we wait for the logo to appear and if suddenly the screen remains dark, then press “Power” until the device turns on.
Why freezes occur
The phone can freeze for many reasons. This can be a hardware failure, for example, a crack on the motherboard, battery wear, water ingress and subsequent oxidation of the contacts. There may be software glitches: out of memory, a frozen app, but the most common cause is iOS update errors. Especially if you download files “over the air” or via Wi-Fi.
7, 7 Plus models
In 7 models (including Plus) iPhone, the Home button has become touch-sensitive, so the reboot methods have changed.
A standard reboot requires:
- press the off key and wait a few seconds;
- in the window that appears, confirm the action.
A forced reboot is done like this:
- it is necessary to simultaneously hold down two buttons: volume down and side, for about 6 seconds, until the display turns off;
- after this logo appears. release, iOS loading will take place in automatic mode.
How to turn off iPhone if it is frozen and the screen is not working
The article discusses in detail the options for answering the question of how to turn off the iPhone if it freezes. The described reboot methods are suitable for any smartphone model and version.
Sometimes Apple gadgets turn off spontaneously. This often happens with outdated models or in severe frost. The phone does not respond when the buttons are held down and the screen remains black.
A frightened user often asks how to turn off the iPhone if it freezes. Below is a list of effective ways to get your smartphone out of a frozen state.
Hard reboot device
IPhone users can observe a complete freeze of the gadget, when neither pressing the buttons nor touching the screen gives a result. How to restart iPhone if the screen is frozen and not working:
- On iPhone 4/5/6/7, you need to hold down two buttons at once. Home and Power.
- Some smartphone models respond to a different key combination. Power and the volume down button.
- Hold them for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the keys and wait for the “apple” on the screen.
- If the logo does not appear, repeat all the steps again, hold the keys for 20-30 seconds.
- To turn on the gadget, you need to hold down the power button for a long time.
This method forcibly shuts down the device, so some files may be lost. You should resort to hard rebooting only if there are no other options.
- Go to “Settings”, “General”, then to “Accessibility”.
- Activate the “Bold” button.
- Next, the phone will offer to reboot, it must be done.
Restart iPhone to Standard Mode
The standard way to restart iPhone if the screen doesn’t work:
- Press and hold the Power button in the upper part of the case for 2-3 seconds.
- The display will show “Switch off”.
- Swipe from left to right in the direction of the pointer.
- If everything is done correctly, the device will turn off.
- To return it to working condition, you must again hold down the Power button.
This method is safe for all files and applications downloaded to the phone.
Restart iPhone if the screen isn’t working, possibly without erasing all information from it. To do this, a soft reboot of the device is performed:
- Hold down the Home and Power buttons.
- Hold the buttons for 5-6 seconds until the display turns off.
- Without waiting for the Apple logo to appear on the screen, release the button.
- Include following the standard method.
You can turn off your iPhone 6 through the settings menu. In the “Main” window there will be an inscription: “Turn off”. By clicking on it, the user will see a slider, after activating which, the phone will turn off and fall asleep.
The shutdown key is also located on the right side panel. By holding it for 5-6 seconds, you can quickly de-energize the phone. A window with a slide will pop up. After swiping to the right, the smartphone will fall asleep. You can turn off iPhone 8 using the same key on the side.
With 2 buttons
“Power” is still on the right side panel. To turn off the device using the keys, you now need to clamp the volume down. It’s on the left side panel. After pressing simultaneously for 5-6 seconds, a black screen will appear, followed by the brand logo. The smartphone will restart.
To turn off your iPhone 11, you need to go to the Settings menu and then tap General. Scrolling down the menu to the very end, you can see “Turn off” highlighted in blue. By clicking it, a window with a slide will appear. After swiping, the smartphone will be turned off.
How to turn off iPhone 6
The iPhone 6 looks slightly different from the iPhone 5 in terms of the location of the power button and size. It is located on the side panel, and not at the top, as it was before.
To turn off a new smartphone model without using a sensor, hold down the volume up or down button together with the off key. A slider will appear, after swiping to the right, the screen will turn off.
How to restart iPhone 5
There are two ways to restart iPhone 5.
The first method is suitable if the smartphone is working properly and the user can use it:
- you need to hold down the “Power” key, which is located in the upper right corner of the smartphone;
- hold for a couple of seconds;
- it will be possible to make a “Swipe” on the smartphone screen and reboot.
In this case, the smartphone will perform all the necessary operations on its own.
If the smartphone does not work or freezes during operation, you need to do the following:
- hold down the “Power” button and the “Home” button for 7-8 seconds;
- after that you need to wait until the apple appears on the display;
- if suddenly the apple does not appear, you need to hold down the “power” key for three seconds.
This is how you can restart your iPhone 5.
How to restart iPhone 6
There are two methods to restart your iPhone 6.
The first one is designed to reboot the smartphone when it is in working order:
- you need to hold the power button for three seconds;
- select the “Restart” button on the display;
- wait while the smartphone performs these actions.
Then the iPhone 6 will reboot itself, the user does not need to do anything else.
If the smartphone is frozen, then an emergency reboot will help:
- you need to press the “Power” button and hold it;
- press the “Home” button;
- hold down two keys for a couple of seconds;
- the smartphone will automatically shut down.
After the steps taken, it remains to wait until the apple appears on the iPhone 6 display and it turns on by itself.
How to restart iPhone
The Apple phone, like any other smartphone, can freeze, which raises the question of how to restart the iPhone. On different iPhones, this is done in its own way, so it’s worth taking a closer look at specific models and ways to reboot them.
How to Force Restart iPhone
In order to force restart iPhone 6S and versions below, you need to do the following:
- hold down the “Power” and “Home” buttons for 7-8 seconds;
- the smartphone screen will go out and an apple will appear on it;
- if it does not appear, after the procedure performed, you need to hold down the “power” key, after which the smartphone will turn on.
In order to restart the iPhone above version 6S, you need to perform slightly different manipulations:
- you need to hold down the “Power” key and the “Volume control” button, which is located on the right side of the device;
- hold the keys for 6-7 seconds;
- the bull’s eye will light up on the screen, which will mark the return to stable operation of the device.
An emergency reboot is needed in order to return the smartphone to working condition if any unforeseen situation occurs.
How to restart iPhone if the screen is not working
To restart iPhone if the screen does not work, you need to use Emergency Restart. Different versions of the iPhone do it differently.
If the user has an iPhone 6S and below, then you need to do the following:
- you need to simultaneously press the power button of the smartphone and the home key, doing this for 7-8 seconds;
- after the smartphone turns off completely, you need to release the keys;
- a bull’s eye should appear, which will be a signal that the smartphone is working in a standard state;
- if it does not appear, you need to hold down the power key and wait for the apple on the smartphone display.
This reboot method is called “Hard Reset” or “emergency reboot” and thus it works on any smartphone, up to iPhone 7. iPhones version 7 and higher received a touch-sensitive home button and such manipulations no longer work with it.
With them, you need to do the following:
- you need to press the power key and the volume button. So you need to hold the keys for about 7-8 seconds;
- then an apple will appear on the smartphone display;
- if the apple does not appear, you need to hold down the power key.
This reboot method is relevant even for iPhone X and above, where the Home button has completely disappeared.
How to restart iPhone XR
The iPhone XR changed the way it allowed you to restart your smartphone. There is no Home key, and accordingly, you can reboot the device in another way. With this, the old reboot version still works.
To restart the iPhone XR, the user needs to follow these steps:
- press the “Power” button and hold it for ten seconds;
- a special window will appear, at the top of which you need to press the reboot key.
The iPhone XR will now reboot by turning off and on by itself. No further action is required. This method is relevant if the iPhone XR smartphone works as usual. However, even with Apple technology, strange freezes can occur, and in this case, this method of rebooting is ineffective for the user.
There is also a fallback that will allow you to restart your smartphone:
- you need to hold down the “Volume” and “Power” key for 10 seconds;
- the smartphone screen, if it worked, will go out, and after a couple of seconds an Apple Apple will appear.
This reboot is called “Hard reset” and is specifically designed to reboot the iPhone XR in case of unforeseen situations.
What to do if iPhone freezes and won’t turn off?
Yes, iPhones can freeze too. You may never face this, but the fact remains. However, this is not a problem, as the device will most likely resume working after a reboot. The problem is different. the iPhone cannot be disconnected or rebooted in the usual way. Accordingly, the question arises. what to do?
Indeed, if you press the POWER button, nothing happens.
Apple has come up with a way to reboot your device for situations like this. And it consists in this: you need to press not only the POWER button, but also the HOME button, and do it at the same time! Thus, you press the keys and hold them for about 10-20 seconds until the screen goes out.
As soon as the screen goes out, you can release the keys. If suddenly the reboot did not take place, while the screen went out, press the POWER button to turn on your device.
If holding the HOME and POWER buttons for 10-20 seconds does not help, hold them longer. In some cases, it may take a minute or more, but the device should reboot.
Please note that this method works on all iPhones up to 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus. In the case of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the process is slightly different. The fact is that Apple, starting with these models, abandoned the physical HOME button, so the forced reboot procedure has changed.
If you have an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, you need to hold down the POWER key, as well as the volume down key, and hold them until the device reboots.
What if the HOME or POWER key doesn’t work? Forcing a reboot of a frozen device will not work. In this case, you only have one thing to do. wait for the moment when the battery in the iPhone runs out, put it on charge and turn on the device in the usual way.
Friends! If our site helped you or you just liked it, you can help us develop and move on. To do this, you can:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to our group.