How to change Apple ID and iCloud account on iPhone
Greetings! Today’s article is from the series “every owner of a smartphone from Apple should know this.” I would even say, I just have to. Why? Because knowing how to correctly change the Apple ID or iCloud account on the iPhone can be useful to you almost always. And even if it is not needed now, then someday it will be needed Believe me, my little personal experience. Believe me, believe me, it will not be superfluous! 🙂
In general, as a rule, for the time being, the user does not even think about this operation. Doesn’t the smartphone work? Working! Are there any problems? It seems to be not! Then why bother with any settings at all? But nothing lasts forever and all sorts of things can happen. What kind? Lots of examples.
- Selling the device.
- Buying a new or correct purchase of a non-new gadget.
- Someone knows your Apple ID, password, iCloud. the surest way to protect yourself, completely change your account.
- Just start your iPhone life from scratch 🙂
In general, it is clear that the job is necessary. So let’s learn how to completely log out of the Apple ID and iCloud accounts linked to the iPhone, and log in with new data. Forward!:)
Important! It is necessary to understand that for those people who, for some reason, do not know (do not remember) the password and username of the identifier, this method will not work, they should do this.
How to change iCloud on iPhone
Since iCloud is a more important account (here is the “Find iPhone” function, backups, iCloud Drive, etc.), we’ll start with it.
- Open Settings.
- At the very top we see your name (account name). click on it.
- Scroll the screen to the very bottom and see the line “Exit”.
- Click and meet the first warning: “If you sign out of your account, all photos in Photo Stream and iCloud Drive stored in iCloud will be deleted from this iPhone.” What does it mean? This means that when you change your iCloud account, the above data associated with it will be deleted from the iPhone. No need to worry, they will remain in the “cloud” itself and you can access them from the www.icloud.com website. We agree with this.
- The second warning pops up. “All iCloud notes will be deleted from the iPhone.” Relevant for those who have used the notes application and synchronized its contents with cloud storage, computer, etc. Again, you need to understand that they are not completely deleted, access to them will remain using the site.
- Another question. “What do you want to do with calendars, Safari data, contacts and reminders?” I choose to leave it on this iPhone. In which case, you can remove them yourself later.
- We are offered to enter the password from iCloud. we do it. Everyone, we’re signed out on this iPhone.
- Entering new data. iCloud changed.
2 ways to change Apple ID
Now you can change the second identifier on the iPhone. Apple ID. There are two ways here:
- In the case when you have already logged out of iCloud (how to do it. described above), then you can simply erase everything from your phone and then it will be completely new and clean “like from a factory”. Naturally, no information will remain on it! Next, we just create a new Apple ID account and indicate it directly during activation.
- Or change Apple ID through the menu. Conveniently, in this case, all games, applications, music, ringtones, etc. will remain on the device. downloaded using the previous account.
How To Factory Reset️ iCloud Locked iPhone/iPad ️iCloud Unlock Activation Removal any iOS 2021
- Go to Settings.
- Open the menu item. iTunes Store and App Store.
- Click on the name of the account.
- Go out.
- Linking a new Apple ID to replace the old one.
As you can see, all manipulations take place exclusively in the settings and do not take much time.
Finally, it is worth noting one important thing. despite the fact that I tried to describe the process of replacing accounts on the iPhone in as much detail as possible, it may well be that something remained incomprehensible.
Therefore, we are not shy and write our own in the comments:
- Observations, notes, incomprehensible situations and other stories (personal experience is cool!).
- Questions. I will try to answer and help absolutely everyone!
How to reset if you forgot your password?
Now it’s worth considering how to reset iCloud on iPhone in case you don’t know the password. But note that this will help in the case when the phone, and, accordingly, the account belongs to you and the password was simply forgotten.
To do this, you need to restore access to the ID:
- We go to the site to log into your account and at the bottom we click to restore the password.
- Enter your email, to which the ID is linked.
- We are waiting for a letter from Apple and follow the instructions in it.
After recovering and activating the password, you can reset the icloud in accordance with the instructions that were given earlier.
Last chance to reset icloud on iPhone 5S
If the previous options do not work, then you will not be able to save your phone. The only exception is 5S or earlier models that have iOS version 7.0-7.0.6 installed, as it has a small loophole for deleting an entry.
On later ones, this will not work, but if you are still a happy owner of such a gadget, then follow the instructions to remove it:
- Go to the phone settings and go to the iCloud menu.
- Simultaneously press “Delete account” and the item “Find iPhone”.
- In the event that you pressed at the same time, a window will appear to confirm the action, where you will need to enter the password.
- We do not press anything, but simply hold down the lock button and turn off the phone.
- When turned on, the account will be deleted and you can connect a new one.
But this does not always work, and you can try a more complex option according to the following instruction:
- Go to settings, then iCloud.
- Click to delete the account, and then cancel the action.
- We go into the account, delete the password field and enter any one at our discretion. Confirm and exit.
- We repeat the second point.
- Next, go to your account, erase the value of the line description and click “Finish”.
- Again we press “Delete account” and now it should be deleted without asking for a password.
How to Reset iCloud on iPhone 5S, 4S, 6
One of the popular services on the iPhone is iCloud cloud storage. How to reset iCloud on iPhone 5s and other models, for example, when reselling or transferring an iPhone to other hands. read our material.
For users of iPhone smartphones, a large number of useful services are provided, access to which is opened by an Apple ID account. But when you transfer your gadget, in case of sale or for another reason, it becomes necessary to reset the icloud on the iPhone 5s or another model. And you need to know how to do it.
How to reset iCloud on iPhone without passcode?
If the account does not belong to you and you do not know the password, which happens when buying a handset, there are several ways to delete the account, in particular:
How to reset icloud on iPhone?
In order to perform a reset, you will need to follow the following instructions:
- We take our gadget and go to “Settings”.
- Next “Apple ID”.
- Scroll down the page and click “Exit”.
- Next, you will need to confirm the action and enter the password for your account.
It is important to note that in order to reset iCloud on iPhone 4s and other models, you need to know the password from your Apple ID.
Saving iPhone data before resetting your account
If you just change the Apple ID, but the device remains yours, then to save the files, you just need to transfer them from the iPhone cloud to the phone gallery and save there.
If you need to save data and reset icloud on iPhone 6, then follow the instructions:
- Go to “Settings” and go to Apple ID.
- Next, go to iCloud, scroll down and find the item “Backup to iCloud“.
- Now we press “Create a backup” and wait for the end of the operation.
After that, a full reset of the phone is carried out with zeroing for transfer to the new owner. Log out of your account in accordance with the instructions provided earlier.
It is also worth completely resetting all data and settings to the factory settings, which is done as follows:
- In the settings, go to the “Basic” item.
- Next “Reset”.
- Select the item “Delete content and settings”.
- We confirm the action and wait.
Upon completion, you will have a completely clean phone with factory settings.
What to do if you forgot iPhone password without erasing data?
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod to your work computer using a USB cable.
- Next, click on the “Solve all iOS freezes” button at the very bottom.
- When the download of the new firmware version is completed, you need to click on the “Start recovery” button.
How to unlink a device from iCloud?
STEP 1. Go to Settings. iCloud. STEP 2. Scroll down the screen and click Exit, then click Exit again. STEP 3. When asked what to do with the data, click on “Remove from iPhone”, then enter your Apple ID password. May 4, 2020.
How to remove iCloud on iPhone 5s?
Enter your Apple ID password and click Turn Off. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to iCloud’s Settings Sign Out. Click the “Sign out” button again, click “Remove from [device]” and enter your Apple ID password.
What to do if you forgot your Apple ID and password upon activation?
Typically, your Apple ID is your email address. If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, we’ll help you recover it. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it on your device or on your Apple ID account page.
How to factory reset iPhone 5 with buttons?
Entering Recovery Mode
- Press the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time.
- The device will show a shutdown slider and then the screen will turn off.
- Wait until the device starts to boot and release the “Power” button.
- After 10-15 seconds, a cable image and an iTunes icon will appear on the screen.
How to unblock Apple ID if you can’t access your phone number?
If you have security questions assigned to your Apple ID, or if you don’t have access to a trusted device or phone number, go to iforgot.Apple.com. Then you can unlock your account with your existing password or reset your password.
How to reset iPhone 5 to factory settings if you forgot your password?
How to factory reset iPhone or iPad
- Back up important data If you want to keep your personal information, back up your iPhone or iPad locally to your computer using iTunes and / or a cloud copy to iCloud.
- Perform a reset Go to “Settings” → “General” → “Reset” and click “Erase content and settings”.
Standard procedure for deleting a profile
Tap the “Settings” icon on the gadget display.
At the bottom of the options panel, click “Delete Account”.
In the panel asking for confirmation of the activated operation, tap “Delete from iPhone”.
Enter the password from the “old” account and click “Turn off”.
Note. All data stored in it (files, songs, contacts, etc.) are deleted along with the iCloud profile.
Saving data before changing your account
Transfer photos and images from your Icloud account to your iPhone albums and photo galleries.
Data (documents, presentations, texts) created in iWork, music. in the iTunes directory (this procedure can also be performed by connecting a computer).
Saved dates and reminders can be restored through a new profile in iCloud directly on the device or computer.
How to delete an iCloud account?
The need to change the account in iCloud on iPad and iPhone devices may arise due to the loss of the password from the old profile (old iCloud) or the absence of one at all (this sometimes happens when buying a used iPhone). And sometimes the user, regardless of third-party circumstances, independently decides to change the profile to Icloud (for the purpose of doing business, for professional activities, etc.).
This guide will help you delete an iCloud profile from Apple i-devices (iPhone, iPad), as well as back up the information stored in it (photos, files, contacts and other data of value to the user).
What to do if there is no password?
Note. This method works only on iOS versions 7.0. 7.0.6.
To delete an iCloud account without a password, follow these steps:
In the window for entering the password, select “Cancel”.
At the top of the list of options, tap “Account”.
Erase the real password for authorizing Apple ID and enter the “fake” password in the same line.
Delete iCloud Account From iPhone 5s,5c,5 Without Password
Tap Done. The device will display a message stating that the password is incorrect (it should be so; click “ok” and then “Cancel”).
Try to get rid of your Icloud account again (the button at the bottom of the options list). And again, in the password entry panel, select “Cancel”.
Return to the “Account” section, delete the contents of the “Description” line. Tap Done. (After performing this action, the “Find iPad” option should be disabled).
Click “Delete account” and confirm the start of the deletion procedure.
Factory reset and hard reset Apple iPhone
Well, friends, it’s time to get rid of the contents of our iPhone. If earlier, using the instructions for beginners, we filled the phone with various information (games, music, photos, movies), now we will learn how to quickly get rid of all files and settings, returning the device to its original state. Today we will consider resetting all information Apple iPhone with iOS 7. But if you do not have a phone, but an iPod touch player or an iPad tablet computer, then you can also perform a full reset using the instructions below.
We will erase all information from the iPhone by means of the phone itself, namely the section. Reset. In addition to completely resetting information, we will consider other types of reset available in the settings of any iPhone, iPod or iPad, which are also useful. The method considered today is not the only one, just as quickly you can erase absolutely everything from the iPhone in another way. using the restore procedure in iTunes. There is also a third way. remote reset.
To be honest, today’s reset I am doing for you, our reader, a lot of information has accumulated in my iPhone, which I don’t want to delete at all. In general, I advise you to use a reset or a full reset:
- When your device is about to have a new owner
- After lots of experimentation and testing of thousands of applications
- Reset sometimes we help in case of iOS firmware crashes
Since I need my information, I will do the following before resetting:
Now I’m ready to perform a hard reset. Before we start, you need to know that immediately after the reset, we need a Wi-Fi access point or iTunes installed on the computer with Internet access. Although mobile internet will probably do too. Another very important feature for iPhone owners is that the phone must be officially unlocked. If you have a locked model, then do not reset. But iPad and iPod touch users have nothing to fear. here we go.
The first thing you need is a good level of charge of the battery, if you do not have 100% charge, then it is better to connect the iPhone to power.
We put it on charge, now go to the standard “Settings” application, select the “Basic” section. Scroll to the very bottom, there is the “Reset” section. Here we see the following types of reset:
- Reset all settings
- Erase content and settings
- Reset network settings
- Reset keyboard dictionary
- Reset Home Settings
- Reset location warnings
Let’s analyze the first three types of the most popular faults:
Hard reset iPhone content
The second button from the top “Erase content and settings”, allows you not only to reset the settings, but also to erase all data from the iPhone or other device. Very useful when selling or donating a used gadget.
If you want to delete everything from the iPhone. click the Erase content and settings button, we see a warning:
Are you sure you want to continue? All media files, data and settings will be erased. This action is irreversible.
A couple of times we confirm with the button. “Erase iPhone”. The phone turned off and turned on again after 2 minutes, in some cases the reset procedure may take longer, it all depends on the model and the amount of memory filled.
Important! When buying a used iPhone, before paying, always reset with the. Erase content and settings button, this will allow you to avoid, in the future, a possible activation lock.
After turning on, the iPhone asked for activation, during which we needed the Internet (Wi-Fi or iTunes on a computer with Internet access). During activation, the iPhone gossips about something and connects to Apple’s servers. Accordingly, without the Internet, a completely reset iPhone cannot be started. iPhone or iTunes suggested to me: Set up iPhone as new or Restore from backup, I chose the former. Upon completion of all stages of activation, we get a clean, empty iPhone, where not a trace of the previous owner remains. We tried to find anything in the iPhone, but nothing was left, the “Erase content and settings” button deleted everything:
Factory reset Apple iPhone
The very first is “Reset all settings”, a very handy thing when you need to reset all iPhone settings without losing information in the phone.
Click the Reset all settings button, a notification appears:
Are you sure you want to continue? All settings will be reset. Information and media will remain.
Confirm the reset with a few more clicks. Reset all settings. The reset procedure takes less than a minute, it applies all the initial settings to the iPhone, including among standard applications, alarms are also lost, but applications, music, photos, contacts and videos remain in place. Safari bookmarks and calendar notes are also intact.
Reset network settings
Resetting network settings is also sometimes used by ordinary users. Helps when iPhone refuses to connect to a configured Wi-Fi hotspot or problems with mobile Internet settings. If iPhone cannot find the network of the mobile operator, for example, when you inserted a SIM card from another service provider, then this reset sometimes helps. In general, if you have any network problems, try this reset. Doesn’t touch information and other settings.
In today’s example, we learned how to make a full reset of the iPhone, and looked at other types of reset. Well, tomorrow I will try to return all my discarded information back to my phone by restoring from a backup.