The phone does not turn on
- Charge your smartphone: the battery may have been completely discharged during the reset or recovery process.
- If, before the reset, the gadget also could not be turned on or after a full charge it “does not show signs of life”, contact the service: the problem is related to hardware problems.
Situations in which you need to reset the settings
Return to factory settings is required in the following cases:
- iPhone is being offered for sale or given to another user;
- a custom firmware is installed on the device;
- you are flashing your smartphone due to problems with the previous version of iOS;
- the gadget is very slow, system functions are not performed.
Important: when the smartphone is rolled back, the iPhone firmware is automatically restored, which must be taken into account if you have an old phone model that does not support the new iOS.
Using ReiBootPro, you can reset your iPhone with a few clicks. The application will help both in case of device freezing and screen breakage.
- Connect the cable from the device to the PC, download the utility.
- Select “Enter Recovery Mode”.
- Indicate “Fix Now”.
The paid version has more extensive functionality and allows you to automatically format the system, restore gadget backups bypassing iTunes, etc.
Factory reset methods
There are several ways to reset your iPhone to factory settings yourself. You can choose a convenient method taking into account your level of preparedness, technical support, as well as the reasons why you had to reset the gadget.
Using third-party programs
When deciding how to reset your iPhone or ipad to factory settings, you can resort to the help of special applications. Such programs will solve the problem if the device is not restored in the usual way. Installation requires a computer or laptop.
You can copy all iPhone data through computer and iTunes profile.
- Use a cable to connect the device to the computer.
- Open Finder (Mac) or iTunes (Windows or older Mac).
- Log in to the application by following the commands in the explorer.
- Select your device.
- Specify the desired parameters of the backup copy: if you need to save data from the Health and Activity applications, you need to check the Encrypt copy option, otherwise it is not necessary to encrypt the copy. Then click on “Back up now” and wait for the backup to complete.
If you encrypted a backup file, you cannot restore it via iTunes without a password. Write down the password right away, as it will be impossible to return to this step later.
Remote wipe data via iCloud
In case the device was stolen or lost, using iCloud and the “Find iPhone / iPad” option, you can not only find the gadget, but also reset its settings, as well as delete user files.
Important: searching for a missing device is possible only if the user has activated the “Find iPhone” function in advance (done through the iCloud settings on the phone).
- Download the Find iPhone app on another Apple device or go to iCloud.com/find from any device.
- Try to track your gadget through the program, if you wish, you can enable “Lost Mode” and remotely lock the phone.
- If you are sure that you will not be able to find the smartphone, select the “Erase iPhone” option: as a result, all files from the iPhone will be deleted, further search for the device will become impossible.
If the stolen device is turned off, the commands you have selected will be executed immediately after connecting the device to the network.
The Tenorshare app is multifunctional and will help you both update your iPhone and easily unlock your device if you’ve forgotten your phone passcode. It is also useful if the wrong code is entered repeatedly and the iPhone is “locked” for several weeks or even months.
- Download and install the program.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Press the “Start” button and the program will begin to reset the parameters of your phone.
Using special applications
Also, the developers have proposed an improved version of “PhoneClean Pro”. To use the program, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer. When the device synchronization is complete, the client should click the “Scan” button. This will activate the file scanning process. The utility will automatically start searching for parameters that the client does not need. Unnecessary objects will be shown on the screen, all that remains is to delete them.
Another program designed to clean up iPhone memory is “Clean Doctor”. This utility is provided to smartphone owners for free. When activation is completed, you should go to the section to reset the cache. The user will only have to confirm the operation, and all objects will be deleted by the program automatically. It is better to use the deletion through the phone settings, since programs often delete the necessary files.
- This utility can remove some information about game applications, as well as updates. In this case, the player will have to start the game from the beginning.
Why remove cache settings: advantages and disadvantages
Before clearing the data of installed applications on the iPhone, the user must figure out what the pros and cons of the procedure. The cache is useful for frequent Internet use. With the data already loaded, pages load quickly. But the parameters take up a lot of free space on the owner’s smartphone. In this case, the operating system of the smartphone will perform worse. In order not to face such a problem, it is recommended to regularly clear the cache.
Professional users know that the operation should not be performed frequently. The fact is that the parameters allow faster loading of Internet pages, which are often used by a client on a smartphone. If your cell phone runs out of memory, you will have to clear some of the information. Otherwise, you will not be able to save photos and videos.
Even if the user has individual applications installed, they can also clog up the phone’s memory, causing the operating system to malfunction. If a large number of programs are installed on the phone, the memory will become clogged faster. In this case, you will have to clear the cache frequently. But the client should know that the Internet pages will load in this case slower.
How to clear app data on iPhone
Smartphone users often come across the term “Cash”. Not many people know what this data is and what it is needed for. The owner will be useful to know what this information is, how to reset the cache on the iPhone and what the parameters need to be cleared for.
What is cached data on a smartphone
It’s worth starting with what the cache on the iPhone is and why the gadget needs it. Cached is temporary data that is stored in the memory of a cell phone. These parameters are necessary for faster loading of the applications in use. Also, the data allows you to spend less Internet traffic. If the user wants to check how much space the cache takes on his phone, he can go to the settings section and find the “Memory” item. There it is possible to check how much memory is occupied by program and application data.
How to Clean Safari Browser on iPhone
If a client often logs on to the Internet to surf and view information of interest, he must remember that some data is stored in the browser cache. In this case, you will need to clear the parameters of not only applications, but also Safari. To delete unnecessary files, you must use the following instructions:
- the client opens an icon on the cell phone with the name “Settings”;
- then you should select the item “Storage”, this tab is located at the very bottom of the page;
- from the list you need to find the section with the name of the browser used “Safari”;
- the owner must click on the desired subsection;
- a new list will open on the screen, you should scroll down the page to the “Site data” item;
- when the transition to the subsection is completed, the client will see the parameters of the cached files;
- the names will coincide with those sites that were previously visited by the user;
- now you need to select the edit item from the menu section, for this the client selects the “Change” button.
Regardless of the smartphone model used, the cleaning process is carried out in the same way. The owner of the gadget can choose individual items to delete files selectively. The “Delete all” button is also available to the client. In this case, the cache will be completely cleared. If such a key does not appear, you should open all the files that are saved in the browser memory.
How to remove the parameters downloaded to the smartphone
If a customer needs to erase app data on iPhone, they can use the following options for clearing memory:
- using separate programs;
- by restarting the smartphone system;
- clearing the cache in applications installed on the phone;
- by deleting cached data options in Safari browser.
It is worth telling in more detail how to erase file data using each of these methods.
Resetting data by rebooting your smartphone
RAM is the working memory of the iPhone, where incoming data is processed. But this section can also store cached data. To remove unnecessary options, the user can simply restart the iPhone software. If the client is using iPhone version 8 or earlier, then the reset operation is performed according to the following instructions:
- first you should take your smartphone and press the button located on top;
- a slider about disabling the gadget should appear on the screen;
- you should slide your finger from left to right to move the slider, this will turn off the smartphone;
- when the disconnection is completed, press the button on the panel of the smartphone again and hold it;
- when the Apple icon appears on the display, you can release the.
If the user has a smartphone of version X or later, the following shutdown scheme should be applied:
How to erase your iPhone — Apple Support
- on a cell phone, find a button on the side panel;
- the user presses a key and then selects a button to increase the volume level;
- a slider should appear on the screen;
- you need to move the slider to turn off the cell;
- when the gadget is deactivated, press the “Power” button again;
- as soon as the “Apple” icon is displayed on the screen, you can release the key.
Thus, the client will be able to throw off the current cache on the iPhone, without losing important files.
What to do with apps on iPhone? Some users delete them manually, it is not very convenient and takes a long time. This will require a phone storage. It can be found on all Apple products. The following steps are performed here;
- turn on the device;
- go to the settings, then the main ones. statistics and storage;
- click on the program that you do not need;
- a menu with operations will pop up;
- click delete.
All erased applications can only be restored by reinstalling. If your device has few programs, you can use this option. Otherwise, you need global formatting.
After you have got rid of unnecessary software, cleaned the phone book, you can erase your browser data. There is also a sequence of steps for this:
- download the updated Opera;
- clear the Safari cache, you do not need to download additional software for this, only standard tools are used;
- go to the Safari settings;
- click on clear history;
- confirm actions;
- press clear cookie, confirm action.
This procedure allows you to delete all information that was entered and saved in the browser. Here, too, you cannot return everything that was erased.
Working with the interface
To begin with, you should take a closer look at the interface. The iPhone has a special setting that allows you to make backups of information, as well as format it. How do I remove unnecessary items? The procedure is performed in several steps, it is better to follow the following sequence:
- turn on your gadget;
- wait until the operating system is fully loaded;
- go to the main settings;
- look for the information reset sub-item;
- click “Erase.”;
- if you had a protective combination on your iPhone, enter it;
How To Factory Restore/Reset/Erase Your iPhone to Sell
- confirm the desire to delete the data, two windows with notifications will pop up. You need to give your consent.
Further, when the “Find iPhone” function is enabled in iCloud, it is worth entering the Apple ID. This must be done, otherwise the device will reboot. After that, the iPhone is cleared of user-generated content.
We use iTunes
For the second method of cleaning the device from everything unnecessary, you will need the iTunes application. It can not only help in formatting, but also restore the operating system of the smartphone. First of all, you should select the current software version. It is downloaded to your computer. It all depends on the version of iOS installed on the iPhone. After that, you can use the sequence of actions described below:
- enter the “iTunes” program on the PC;
- connect your smartphone to a computer via a cable;
- waiting for the definition of equipment in the program;
- click on the inscription “iPhone”;
- go to the “Information” section. “Synchronize contacts”. “Everything”;
- from below, select the “Advanced” item;
- put a mark next to the “Contacts” item;
- confirm your actions.
Thanks to this instruction, you will be able to clean your “Contacts”. You will not be able to restore deleted numbers in the “apple” device if you have not done a backup before.
Any iPhone owner who wants to remove everything from it can use another software. iCloud. You can work with this program remotely, for example, if your device is stolen or lost. How to quickly erase? I note right away that erased information from the phone book and other information cannot be reanimated. Formatting is done like this:
- you turn on the PC, it must have an Internet connection;
- go to iCloud.com;
- in the window that opens, log in using your AppleID;
- click “Find devices”, the map comes out;
- select the iPhone model from above;
- in the panel that opens, press “Erase”;
- there is a warning that the process is irreversible, press “Erase” again;
- enter the AppleIdy password, so you can prove that you are the owner of the formatted device;
- click “Next” and “Finish”.
This will start the uninstallation process. Thanks to this option, you can protect yourself and delete all data remotely.
- If there are a lot of photos, and they take up the bulk of the space, just launch the “iCloud Media Library”, it automatically sends the pictures to the “Cloud” and clears the space.
- You can clear the accumulated music cache by deactivating the “iCloud Music Library“, you need to wait for the deletion and then turn it back on, while the tracks remain, and the offline files are erased.
- If the bulk of the space is occupied by Safari data, you can also get rid of it without dropping the device. For example, you can delete a reading list.
Preparing to Delete Data from iPhone
Before proceeding with the procedure itself, it is worth remembering one feature developed by Apple. This was done in order to maximize the protection of user information. Make sure your smartphone is unlocked before formatting.
In this case, after cleaning, you will again use your device, but if the iPhone is unlocked, you need to delete the information very carefully. This happens because the unlocked device becomes an analogue of the iPad. It will be just a multifunctional device, but you will no longer be able to call from it. Do not forget about it.
How to completely delete all data from iPhone
Hello. Did you know that iPhone stops working promptly when there is a lack of free memory? If you start to notice that the device “thinks” for a long time, freezes. it’s time to clean it. In this article, I would like to talk about how to remove everything from the iPhone correctly so that the device can continue to work more efficiently.
Want to resell?
If you decide to sell your iPhone, you should prepare in advance. All remote information can be stored in backups of the operating system. So the contact with Ayklud will have to be terminated in order to delete all copied information. I can give you some tips to help you get rid of all the unnecessary things:
- deactivate any connections with various devices, such as iWatch;
- exit the iCloud program, to do this, go to the settings and the application itself, click the exit button;
- if your OS is lower than iOS7, you need to delete the account;
- disconnect from iTunes and AppStore, these options can also be deactivated in the device parameters.
Deleted programs, settings and contacts cannot be restored after all these procedures, and it is quite easy to connect to an existing profile in the AppStore and other applications.
Another option that you can take advantage of is to activate DFU mode, which makes it easy to perform a clean stop. IPhone cleansing occurs through recovery mode. Just connect your smartphone to your PC and press the Lock / Power and Home buttons. Wait ten seconds and lower the ON key, and hold “Home” for now. So iTunes will understand that the device has entered DFU and will ask you if you need to do a recovery.
Before cleaning the gadget, you should take care of your important data, because it will not be possible to recover it. One part can then be restored from the cloud storage, and part can be saved in backups. If you value health information, call history, SMS, then you need to make a special backup through iTunes. To do this, while creating a backup on a PC, you need to check the box next to “Encrypt iPhone backup”.
Now you know how to delete everything from iPhone, so you can use one of these methods if necessary. If you have any questions, ask in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, I will try to answer them.
The easiest way is to erase all information directly through your smartphone. How to delete all data from iPhone:
- Go to “Settings” and open the “General” section. At the very bottom of the list, find and click on “Reset”.
- A list of available options will open. Select “Erase Content and Settings”. Confirm the action. To do this, re-enter your account details.
- Confirm the reset again and click Erase iPhone. If you have not turned off the Find iPhone service, then you will additionally have to enter your Apple ID password.
After that, the screen will turn off and the smartphone will start cleaning user data. The operation time depends on the number of files stored in memory, and the progress will be displayed below, on the status bar.
Before clearing the device from user data, copy all important information to another phone or computer.
Reset settings on iPhone and phone won’t turn on
Do not be afraid of such a problem. Try charging your phone without pressing any buttons. Then click on the “Power” button. If it doesn’t help, let’s move on. Try the following:
- Press the Power button and the Home button at the same time.
- They must not be released within thirty seconds.
If this does not happen, then most likely a breakdown in the components of the smartphone. Therefore, you should take the phone to the technical center, and not try to do everything yourself.
Factory reset and hard reset Apple iPhone
We will erase all information from the iPhone by means of the phone itself, namely the section. Reset. In addition to completely resetting information, we will consider other types of reset available in the settings of any iPhone, iPod or iPad, which are also useful. The method considered today is not the only one, just as quickly you can erase absolutely everything from the iPhone in another way. using the restore procedure in iTunes. There is also a third way. remote reset.
To be honest, today’s reset I am doing for you, our reader, a lot of information has accumulated in my iPhone, which I do not want to delete at all. In general, I advise you to use a reset or a full reset:
- When your device is about to have a new owner
- After lots of experimentation and testing of thousands of applications
- Reset sometimes we help in case of iOS firmware crashes
Since I need my information, I will do the following before resetting:
Now I’m ready to perform a hard reset. Before we start, you need to know that immediately after the reset, we need a Wi-Fi access point or iTunes installed on the computer with Internet access. Although mobile internet will probably do too. Another very important feature for iPhone owners is that the phone must be officially unlocked. If you have a locked model, then do not reset. But iPad and iPod touch users have nothing to fear. here we go.
The first thing you need is a good level of battery power, if you do not have 100% charge, then it is better to connect the iPhone to power.
- Reset all settings
- Erase content and settings
- Reset network settings
- Reset keyboard dictionary
- Reset Home Settings
- Reset location warnings
Let’s analyze the first three types of the most popular faults:
How to Factory Reset iPhone Correctly
The main tool for pairing iPhone with computer is iTunes. Naturally, a complete reset of content and settings can be easily performed using this program, but only if the iPhone was previously synchronized with it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes. When the smartphone is identified by the program, at the top of the window, click on its thumbnail.
On the Overview tab on the right side of the window, there is a Restore iPhone button. Select her.
Confirm your intention to reset the device and wait until the end of the procedure.
Factory reset iPhone or iPad (delete settings and personal data right on the device)
It doesn’t matter that you have an iPhone, an iPod Touch player or an iPad in your hands. the sequence of actions for all iOS devices is the same.
Attention! In order to avoid loading the iOS device in the “eternal apple” mode, this method CANNOT be performed on a device with a jailbreak (Cydia icon on the home screen). Otherwise, only this instruction will help.
Open the Settings app and go to the General section, in which (at the very bottom) the Reset menu item is located, which we need.
Next, select the “Erase content and settings” item and in the pop-up window, click Erase if you agree that the data on the device will be permanently deleted, or the Create a copy, then erase option if there is unsaved data on the device.
Enter your passcode and click the “Erase iPhone (iPad, iPod)” button in the pop-up menu that appears.
iOS is annoying and does not want to return to emptiness. another dialog box will appear asking you to confirm your actions.
For those cases when the “Find iPhone” function is activated, an additional identification step is required with entering the password for the Apple ID.
After pressing the Erase button, put the device aside. the process of erasing data will take several minutes, at the end of it the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will be reset to factory settings and all data will be deleted.
How to factory reset iPhone or iPad
Firstly, this is a mandatory requirement for participation in the trade-in program, return of the device under warranty and a highly recommended measure when selling a used device. Secondly, what’s the point of leaving someone a chance to rummage through your dirty laundry? And, thirdly, an elementary rule of politeness. if a smartphone or tablet acquires a new owner, the latter has the right to expect to receive a “clean” gadget, by analogy with the “out of the box” version.
How to reset iPhone or iPad to factory settings using a computer
This method is often used when the user has forgotten the unlock password.
This procedure is much more complicated than resetting the settings on the device itself. To complete it, you need to perform iOS Device Recovery on your computer using DFU Mode.
Detailed instructions on how to restore iPhone and iPad to your computer are available here.
We talked about how to enter iPhone (all models) into DFU mode here.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer using Windows?
In order to transfer your photo gallery from iPhone to a computer or laptop, you can use standard Windows tools. To do this, follow these steps:
Unlock iPhone screen with passcode (if installed).
Connect iPhone to Computer with USB Cable.
Optional: after that you can open iTunes, select your device in the tree on the left and in the settings check the Synchronize device via Wi-Fi checkbox. Then you can later not use a cable, but connect to Windows via a wireless connection.
A “Trust this computer” dialog box may appear on the device. Click Trust or Allow.
Further steps depend on your version of Windows:
Windows 7: In the AutoPlay dialog box, select Import pictures and videos using Windows and in the window that appears, check the photos you want to import (this is optional). You can make the system always import when a device is connected: to do this, select the Always execute for next device check box. Photos will be copied to the “Pictures” folder.
Windows 7: In the autorun window, select import images.
Windows 8: Open the Photo Album app. Right-click in the program window and select Import. Specify iPhone as the device from which the photos will be copied, mark the desired images and click Continue Import. Photos will be saved in the Pictures folder and a subfolder named after the current date.
How to Backup & Reset your iPhone in 2021!
The Photos application is responsible for transferring photos from iPhone to Windows 8.
In Windows 10, iPhone photos are imported through the Photos app.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer?
Read the instructions on how to transfer photos from iPhone to a computer with Windows 7, 8 or 10, as well as a universal method for all versions of Windows.
iPhone is renowned for its cumbersome day-to-day operations. For example, the procedure for installing a ringtone, which needs a separate instruction. In this article, we will answer another burning question: how to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows computer?
Transferring data from iPhone internal memory to PC is actually quite a simple task. The fact is that the internal memory of the iPhone (unlike Android smartphones) is immediately recognized by Windows as a portable device, for example, a digital camera. Therefore, you can safely open it using Windows Explorer and copy the image files.
To transfer photos from iPhone to Windows computer, you need:
- USB cable for iPhone (Lightning-to-USB);
- An active Wi-Fi connection to which the PC and iPhone are connected;
- ITunes software version 12.5.1 or later.
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Windows Directly?
To upload a photo from iPhone to a Windows computer, regardless of version, you can use the usual File Explorer. Connect your smartphone to PC, open Computer and double-click your iPhone in the list of devices. Open the Internal Storage DCIM folder. It contains all your photos. Copy them to any folder on your hard drive in the standard way.
The connected iPhone appears as a camera in File Explorer.