How to remove geotags from a photo
Media created with iPhone stores information about where it was created, making it easier to organize and sort. Starting with iOS 13, there is a built-in feature that allows you to erase location information from photos and videos.
To delete geodata, open the “Photos” application, select the desired photo and click Share. Options. Enable. [Deactivate the Location slider]. Done. Now above the media file there will be an inscription “No geolocation”.
This feature only affects uploaded photos and videos. The media stored on the phone contains the location and time of the photo.
How to re-enable geolocation on iPhone
To restrict access to the location of installed applications, go to Settings. Privacy. Geolocation services.
You can deny or allow access to geolocation for programs, for example “Weather”, “Telegram”, “Instagram”, “Viber” in accordance with your preferences. There are four options:
- “Never”. utility access to GPS is completely denied,
- “Ask next time”. when the application uses access to coordinates, a message will appear on the screen asking you. It will be possible to “allow” or “deny” the receipt of your location.
- “When using the application”. every time the utility is running, the data is automatically transferred to the server, without additional notifications.
- “Always”. the utility gains access to GPS even when running in the background. We do not recommend turning on this mode, as the battery drains out much faster.
How to clean up “Frequently Visited Places”
iPhone saves a complete history of users’ movements, the date and time they were in certain places.
To disable this feature, go to Settings. Privacy. Geolocation services. System services. Important locations.
- Clear the history of movements (“Clear history” at the very bottom),
- disable location tracking if desired.
When you click on places from the list, a map will open with marks of the places visited. At this stage, you can delete the required addresses. Upon further navigation to the address, the device will provide information on the exact time and duration of the movements. This information can also be selectively removed.
How to find an iPhone with geolocation enabled
Find your lost device with the standard Find My app.
Sign in to Find My from any iOS device or https://www.iCloud.com/ using your Apple ID and password. The main page of the application has three tabs: “People”, “Devices” and “Me”.
To locate the iPhone, go to Devices. [select device]. The device is displayed on the map. Here you can remotely:
- Play sound (for searching in the house, for example), but remember, the audio signal cannot be played if the cellular is not connected to the Internet,
- build a route to the last detection point,
- set up notifications when the machine is found on the network,
- mark the mobile phone as missing and erase personal data.
If Offline Search was enabled on iPhone, the location will be displayed on maps even if there is no cellular or wi-fi connection.
In this case, the Bluetooth module will be used to determine the location, which will remain active even when the device is turned off. You can activate “Search offline” through the menu Settings. Apple ID (your name). Latitude. Find iPhone. Enable offline search.
How to share your location
Latitude app lets you share your location information with other users.
To share your location, go to the People tab. Share. [Select a person’s contact and click send].
The interlocutor will receive a notification from you with your location.
If you want to hide information about your location, disable “Share location” in the main settings (discussed just above). You will still be able to track your friends, but when they try to find you, they will receive the response “Location is not available”.
To track the GPS coordinates of family and friends in automatic mode, you can do this:
- To start tracking the location of another user, go to Settings. Privacy. Geolocation services. activate “Share location”.
- Now goes back to “Latitude”. People. Share location. [enter user]. Send. [choose how long to share location].
- A request will be sent to the user. Upon confirmation of the request, its location will be displayed on the map.
The application allows you to build a route to the selected device and create geolocation notifications.
What to do if geolocation is incorrectly determined
Sometimes users notice that the device is mistaken in determining the location. Possible reasons for inaccurate positioning:
- Being in a hard-to-reach place (basement, tunnel, bunker, deep underground),
- Communication problems (cell towers are far away or not accessible),
- IPhone technical problems (sometimes the GPS antenna falls off, software glitches).
5 iPhone Location Settings To Turn Off Now
If the iPhone is not located or is “crooked”:
- Go to Settings. Privacy. Geolocation Services and make sure “When using the program” is selected for iOS services and the Maps app.
- Check if the date, time and time zone are set correctly through Settings. General. Date and Time. Select the “Automatic” option.
- Check data transmission over 3G, LTE or Wi-Fi networks, we recommend restarting the device or at least turning on / off air mode.
- Disable GPS in Settings. Privacy. Location Services and after restarting the device, enable them again.
- Reset positioning parameters by returning to factory settings: Settings. General. Reset. Reset geo settings.
If none of the above methods solved the problem, contact the service center. Most likely, there is a hardware malfunction in the iPhone.
Why do you need geolocation on the iPhone
Geolocation enables applications, websites, and system services. Location data is used to promote and improve Apple’s services.
After competently setting up GPS on the iPhone, it quite accurately determines its location when using maps and navigators, while extending the battery life by turning off unused services.
The list of system geolocation services is located in Settings. Privacy. Geolocation services. System services:
- Apple Geolocation Ads. App Store ads based on device location.
- Geo Suggestions. search recommendations based on location.
- Geo Alerts. Reminders based on geo location.
- Calibrating compass. setting compass heading.
- Calibration of motion accounting. correct operation of fitness programs.
- Find iPhone. Find iPhone and calculate its location on the map.
- Share Location. share your current device location with your contacts using the Messages and Find Friends apps.
- Cellular Network Finder. Collect and send cellular network signal reception information to Apple based on collected cell tower data.
- Wi-Fi networks. collecting and sending data on the level of WI-FI signal reception to Apple.
- Time Zone. Automatic time zone detection to set the correct time.
- Emergency calls and SOS. transmission of the exact location of the device when making a call to the Ministry of Emergency Situations or selected contacts in the event of an emergency.
- HomeKit. create a home geofence to automatically turn on or off smart home devices using an iPhone.
- Significant Places. Save Most Visited Places, Create Better Memories, and Build Interesting Itineraries.
- IPhone Analysis. Improving Products by Sending Geodata to Developers.
- Routing and Traffic. Collecting and Sending Information to Apple about Map Utility.
- Popular Nearby. Sends device location information to Apple when you download an app from the App Store so that you can recommend the app to other users.
The latest iPhones (11 and up) introduced Ultra Wideband (UWB) spatial orientation technology. Her work is related to the U1 chip. This technology allows you to replace Bluetooth and transfer data between devices at higher speeds and over a greater distance with less power.
With UWB, smartphones can locate other compatible devices with up to 5cm accuracy.UWB technology is 1,000 times faster than Bluetooth and safer to use.
What to do if geolocation doesn’t work?
If geolocation does not work, it is hardly a matter of mechanical failure of any part of the iPhone (for example, the GPS module). Most likely, the problem lies at the software level. What to do if a function refuses to function?
Go to the “Geolocation Services” section and make sure that geolocation is activated for a specific application.
Check if the Internet is turned on on the iPhone. The network makes it possible to more accurately position the device. Go to the “Cellular” section of the settings and make sure that the “Cellular data” slider is in the active position.
If the above steps do not work, reset the settings after creating a backup copy (instructions for creating copies are here). Follow the path “Settings”. “General”. “Reset” and select “Erase content and settings”.
Doing so will erase all data from the iPhone.
You need to check if geolocation works on a “clean” smartphone, that is, before restoring from a backup. If the function still does not work, you should contact the service.
Do I need to disable geolocation of system services?
The subsection “System services” is located at the very bottom of the block with a list of applications that need geolocation.
A user who visits this subsection will see the following:
Before deciding whether to disable geolocation for system services, you should figure out what functions are designed to perform at least some of them.
Geolocation iAd. iPhone sends information to Apple about where and how quickly the user is moving. This is necessary so that the owner of the gadget can receive only those advertising offers that are relevant to him from a geographic point of view. Popular nearby. The iPhone periodically shares information with Apple about the places where the user made purchases. The information is anonymous and is required solely for statistical purposes. Traffic jams. iPhone sends GPS coordinates and speed information to Apple. This is necessary to replenish the traffic database.
The listed system services are common to most versions of iOS. There is no need to describe all the services. and it is clear that their main purpose is to collect sensitive data about consumer preferences and send information to Apple. People who claim that Americans are spying on Russians through smartphones are not that far from the truth.
If you do not want Apple, tracking your movements and purchases, to replenish its statistical databases, switch the toggle switches in the “System Services” section to the inactive position. It is recommended to do this for all Yabloko users: there is no benefit to the iPhone owner from services, but the charge is consumed faster because of them.
Geolocation and GPS are one and the same?
However, in order for geolocation to be available, it is not at all necessary to turn on GPS. other methods of calculating positional data are possible:
Via bluetooth. The location of the object is determined using special Beacon beacons, which are located in public buildings. airports, hypermarkets. In terms of accuracy, this technology is inferior to GPS, because it provides a reliable result only if the object is stationary. Based on mobile stations. The smartphone knows from which station the GSM signal is sent to it and where this station is located. Therefore, using a special application containing a database of stations, you can use geolocation without GPS. Using this method, reliable results can be achieved in megalopolises where the network coverage is high, but in small cities it is problematic to determine geolocation through stations. Based on the Earth’s geomagnetic field. Navigation based on the planet’s geomagnetic field is the idea of Saratov scientists. Each point on the Earth has a unique set of characteristics by which it is possible to determine the location of an object (including the iPhone). The technology is still being tested, but already now it is being given big advances.
Despite the fact that geolocation and GPS are different concepts, and there are several ways to calculate positional data, at the moment it is possible to accurately determine the location of an object only through GPS.
How to Stop Sharing Location on iPhone Without Them Knowing
How to turn off geolocation on iPhone?
The user meets a request to activate geolocation during the initial setup of the iPhone and, as a rule, unknowingly confirms it. Therefore, the question of disabling geolocation is more pressing than enabling it. You need to deactivate the function like this:
In the “Settings” find the “Privacy” section (on some versions of iOS. “Privacy”) and go to it.
Go to the subsection “Geolocation Services”. it goes first in the list.
Toggle the toggle switch “Location Services” to the inactive position.
Confirm your intention to deactivate geolocation. click “Disable”.
Please note that the iPhone has a flexible setting: you can allow some applications to use geolocation, others. prohibit. To do this, you need to adjust the sliders located in the block below.
For example, with the configuration as in the figure, you can use navigation, but geotags will not be attached to your photos.
With flexible configuration, the main toggle switch “Geolocation Services” must be turned on.
How to enable geolocation on iPhone?
The algorithm for how to turn on geolocation on the iPhone differs only slightly from the method described above for turning off. The user also needs to follow the path “Settings”. “Privacy”. “Geolocation Services”. In the last section, he will see that there is only one slider (main), and there is no list of applications using geolocation.
It is necessary to activate the toggle switch, then disconnect from geolocation those applications that do not really need this function.
How to enable / disable geolocation on iPhone?
Geolocation is the process of locating the location of the iPhone. Unfortunately, it is customary to underestimate the importance of geolocation, despite the fact that without it you will not be able to use the navigator, attach geotags to a photo, or find an iPhone using the function of the same name. Users are more aware of the negative characteristic of geolocation. “gluttony”: by disabling the function, you can significantly increase the battery life of the gadget.
Fortunately, the procedure for activating / deactivating geolocation is quite simple. you can turn it on while using the navigator, and keep it off the rest of the time.
If you don’t know what geotagging to a photo is, and you think it is an overkill to navigate on an iPhone, most likely you don’t need the geolocation function at all. It is recommended to turn it off. thanks to this measure, you will be able to achieve that your gadget “lived” offline longer. Do not forget about the deactivation of system services, which do not bring any benefit to the owner of the gadget, but the battery is planted faster.
How to change geolocation on iPhone without jailbreak
Next, we will consider each of these methods in more detail, providing you with detailed step-by-step instructions, and also describe the advantages and disadvantages of each of these options. Both methods will help you to quickly and efficiently solve the task, while they are absolutely harmless and reliable both for you and for your devices. Based on the information provided, you can easily determine the option that suits you in a specific situation.
How to change location on iPhone
Sometimes users want to change their real location on the iPhone to something else. Someone wants to use this to play a prank on friends, someone wants to provide a wider range of searches in romantic dating applications, and someone wants to be able to catch Pokémon in the game “Pokémon Go” without leaving home. There are various applications that allow you to change geolocation on the iPhone, however, all of them, in general, only work after the device is jailbroken. This condition, in turn, does not suit many users of Apple devices, since jailbreak can lead to quite serious unpleasant consequences. Therefore, today the question remains how to change the geolocation on the iPhone without jailbreak. In this article, we offer solutions that you will definitely like, because they are quite simple and absolutely safe for your phone.
How to change location on iPhone using another iOS device
This method is extremely simple. You only need a couple of minutes, and without any effort you can change your actual location to another. A prerequisite is that you have two or more iOS devices. The essence of the method is that you use the location of your other iOS device (tablet, another iPhone, etc.) to substitute your real location at the moment. So, to use this method, follow these steps.
Make sure your second iOS device is connected to the same Apple account as your primary iPhone. In addition, the geolocation function must be activated on both devices.
On your primary iPhone, open the Settings app and go to the Privacy section. Here select the menu “Location Services”.
In a new window “Link to map from” a list of devices associated with this account will be presented. Specify the device, the location of which you want to mark as your.
Note: 1. To return your real location to the phone settings, follow the same procedure, but this time specify your iPhone as the determining device for displaying your location.
|The method is absolutely free||1. You must have at least two iOS devices 2. Restrictions on changing geolocation: coordinates can only be changed to the location of your other iOS device|
How to change your location on iPhone using Tenorshare iAnyGo
If you have only one iPhone or if you want to change your geolocation without any restrictions, then this method will be an excellent solution for you. Tenorshare iAnyGo software allows you to hide your real location without the need to jailbreak your device, which is a rarity among programs of this type. In addition, the utility has other valuable properties, which we propose to get acquainted with in more detail a little later. Now let’s go directly to the process of this program. To do this, you will need any computer or laptop with an Internet connection, the iPhone itself, as well as an original USB cable to it. To quickly and easily change your geolocation on iPhone, follow these steps.
- Open a browser on any accessible computer and go to the developer’s official website. On the “Products” tab, select the iAnyGo program, after which you will be redirected to the page of this product.
- Click the Download button to download the program to your PC and install it. After the installation is complete, run the program.
After opening the program, you will be by default in the “Change location” section. Click the “Login” button.
Next, connect your iPhone to your computer using the appropriate USB cable and unlock your phone screen. When prompted on iPhone, select the “Trust” option.
In the search field, enter the place that you would like to indicate as your current location, or simply select the desired point on the map.
Note: 1. To return your real location to the phone settings, click the “Restart” button in the lower right corner of the program window, or simply restart the phone. 2. Your search history will be automatically saved in the Historical Records section. If necessary, you can clear the history or add certain places to the “Favorites” for quick access to them.
|1. Almost unlimited geolocation change zone: you can select any point within your country 2. The program does not need to jailbreak the device 3. The presence of additional functions for building a route and virtual movement along any route at any speed 4. Availability of a free trial version of the program||To fully work with the program, you must purchase a licensed version|
If you would like to know a little more about this program and its functions, we invite you to read the overview of its features below. “
- IAnyGo is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7. The utility even supports the latest iOS versions and works with most iPhone models, including the new iPhone SE, 11, 11 Pro, XS, XS Max, XR.
- The utility works with all applications that use geolocation, for example, Pokemon Go, Ingress. WhatsApp, Instagram, various fitness apps, etc.
- The program offers several different functions: changing the real location of the iPhone user to the coordinates of any point in the country, determining the shortest route between two points, creating a route based on several control points.
- The iAnyGo utility is capable of creating a simulation of the movement of a pedestrian, cyclist or motorist, in addition, you can also set the required speed or pause the movement at any time.
- Zoom in and out of the map allows you to more accurately set the desired route.
- The program saves your search history for places and allows you to mark certain places as favorites for easier access to them in the future.
- The program works fine without jailbreak the device.
- Tenorshare iAnyGo offers a simple 3-step work algorithm: select a work mode, connect your iPhone and specify a location on the map. The user-friendly interface makes it easy to perform all the required actions, and the low technical requirements of the program make it accessible to any user.
- The developer offers several types of licenses, depending on the planned period of use of the program, and also provides a round-the-clock support service to resolve any issues that arise.
- After purchasing the licensed version of the program, users get unlimited access to all program updates.
- To get acquainted with the interface and functionality of the program, there is also a free version of the utility.
- The program is available for installation in Russian, this option is not always found in programs of this type; The Russian-language interface and the Russian-language user manual posted on the website greatly facilitate the work with the program.
Thus, from this article, you were able to learn how to change the geolocation of the iPhone without jailbreaking the phone. Often users hesitate to take this procedure, reasonably fearing possible consequences. However, changing your location on the iPhone is available without it! To do this, you can either use another iOS device to broadcast other coordinates, or install the professional Tenorshare iAnyGo program on your PC and change your geolocation without restrictions. Now, thanks to this program, you can play a trick on your household or friends, catch an infinite number of Pokemon in any corner of the country, while remaining on a soft sofa, and maybe find your soul mate, hidden from you by the previously limiting Tinder geo frames!
You can share your location from iPhone if you follow a simple instruction:
- Open the Messages program.
- Select the contact you want to share your iPhone location with.
- Click on the contact’s name.
- Click on the “information” icon.
- Select “Send my current location” or “Share location”.
With the help of the “Share location” function, your location will be broadcast to the contacts whom you have allowed access, for a set time. Broadcasting is possible within an hour, until the end of the day or indefinitely.
How to share location on iPhone: methods, instructions
Geolocation (or geolocation). very thoughtful function. With its help, a route is quickly built from your location, the place where the photo or video was taken is determined. If you use one account on several devices, you will be able to track the location of one of them. This will help if you lose your smartphone.
The question of how to share your location on iPhone arises when you need, for example, to explain the route or notify someone about your location.
- Through the “Messages” function.
- Through the Locator app.
- Via WhatsApp app.
The user can choose any convenient for himself.
Before you can share your location on iPhone, you need to set up your device:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select the “Privacy” section.
- Go to “Location Services” and enable them by toggling the toggle switch.
- In the same section, select: “Share location”.
- Toggle the toggle switch to “on” in the “Find iPhone” and “Share Location“.
Now the process of sending geo-location will be more convenient and faster.
Below are detailed ways on how to send geolocation from iPhone.
Previously, the Find Friends and Find My iPhone applications were automatically installed on Apple products. In iOS 13, the properties of these apps were merged to create the Find Locator app.
Find My can help you find your lost device, not just your smartphone, but also your iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, or Airpods. It is important to correctly configure the program before losing the gadget. The application helps to detect the device, even if it is disabled or offline. Also in the “Find My” application there is an option “Erase device”. With its help, information from a lost or stolen gadget will be deleted and will not fall into the hands of intruders.
Like Find My Friends, Find My Friends can find people close to you if they have the same app.
To understand how to share your location on iPhone using the Find My app, follow these steps:
- Open “Latitude”.
- Go to the “People” section.
- Click “Start sharing location”.
- Enter the name of the contact to whom you plan to send the location.
- Click “Submit”.
This method works if the person to whom you want to send geolocation also uses the “Locator”.
WhatsApp. it is a popular messenger with a huge audience of users. The application has gained great popularity due to its convenience and many useful functions. In addition to sharing photos, videos, text and voice messages, stickers, documents and contacts, users can send each other geolocations. Here’s how to share your location on iPhone via WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp app on smartphone.
- In the list of contacts, select the name of the user with whom you want to share the geolocation.
- Click on the “” icon in the lower left corner of the screen;
- In the menu that appears, select the “Location” option.
- If this is the first time you use this WhatsApp feature, the app will ask for permission to access the location. Click “Allow”.
How to turn off location services that track you on your iPhone so you can get back your Privacy!
Now you are familiar with the algorithms for sending geo-location from the iPhone and will be able to competently use such a useful function.
Granting permission to use your location data
Some programs do not work without geolocation services enabled. 1 The first time a program needs access to location services information, a permission prompt is displayed. Please select one of the following options.
- Click “Allow” to allow the program to use the geolocation services information as needed.
- Click “Don’t Allow” to deny access. 2
- Click “Ask next time” and select “When using the program”, “Allow once” or “Do not allow”.
IOS devices can use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for positioning. GPS and cellular data can be used to determine location on iPhones and iPads (Wi-Fi Cellular).
How to remove the location icon on iPhone
Here’s how to turn location and GPS services on or off for individual programs.
This method is only possible in a city where Wi-Fi is available. Geolocation via Wi-Fi uses radio channels to transmit information. Wi-Fi assumes the presence of an access point (router) that provides a stable Internet with a radius of up to 45 meters indoors and about 90 meters in open space.
Some cities are completely covered by a free Wi-Fi network. in this case, the location is determined with an accuracy of a meter.
The main disadvantage of the method is the impossibility of determining the location of the object in places where there is no Wi-Fi. Benefits of geolocation over Wi-Fi:
- high accuracy and speed;
- availability in all rooms.
The built-in navigator is a great feature of modern smartphones. Today, such a system will not only prevent you from getting lost in an unfamiliar city, but will also help you find a lot of useful information and even. All of these functions are as convenient as they are “gluttonous”, and in some cases you may need to disable them. We will consider one of such cases in this material.
Once, your humble servant noticed that an interesting symbol is displayed next to the battery charge indicator on the iPhone screen. At first it seemed that it was a familiar icon showing that some of the programs or services recently accessed the satellite system, but a closer look examined an interesting detail: the notorious icon was outlined, while the GPS activity indicator was solid.
According to the description posted in the iOS geolocation services settings, this means that a geofence is located nearby. an imaginary perimeter around an object. Everything would be fine if it did not turn out to be suspiciously extensive, because the indicator did not disappear from the screen for a moment. The answer lies in the same description: applications use geofences to notify the user of an arrival or departure. For example, these can be reminders that have a local alert mode set. In my case, the culprit turned out to be another useful program. “Find Friends”, with which it is easy to track the movements of other users. It’s simple. one of the family contacts turned on receiving notifications when I arrived at a given point, and the application constantly updated my current location.
Of course, constantly working navigation may not have the best effect on the battery life, so the function can be safely disabled without need. The easiest way is to turn off the “Find Friends” item at the “Location Services” address. “System Services” in the “Privacy” section of the “Settings” menu, but in this case, “Find Friends” will stop sharing your location altogether. To avoid this, the user following you will need to launch the program, select you from the list and go to the “Notify me” section, and then click the “Delete” button at the bottom of the screen.
We hope this simple tip will relieve you of unnecessary suspicion and save you time looking for a solution. Easy navigation for you!
Hello everyone! Geolocation services, today, are one of the key functions for absolutely any device. And Apple’s gadgets are no exception. No, of course, you can make calls, write SMS, take notes and go online without using them. However, there are many programs, applications and services in which, without determining the exact positioning, they go nowhere.
Take, for example, the same cards or the coolest (in my opinion) “Find iPhone” option (Lost Mode, Remote Lock, etc.). Agree that without finding the coordinates, it would be very difficult to use them (if at all possible). So geolocation is a very necessary thing. let’s find out more about it.
Why is the geolocation icon constantly lit on iOS 12?
Start with the easiest way to fix the error. restarting your iPhone. Sometimes restarting the device solves most of the problems, and the iPhone starts working in the correct mode: all glitches and bugs disappear.
If restarting your iPhone did not solve your problem, you need to make sure that everything is in order in your phone’s settings. It happens that the service of determining your location works constantly, because the default settings are set. And simply disabling them solves the problem. To check this option, you need to do the following:
If, after changing the settings in the Privacy section, the geolocation icon on the iPhone is still constantly on after updating to iOS 12, then proceed to use the universal tool. the program. The utility solves numerous problems on the iOS platform by entering and exiting recovery mode.
How to remove the Screen Time limit
- Confirm that you want to remove the limit by clicking Remove Limit again.
- Repeat the steps for the rest of the limits you want to remove, or just close Settings.
After you remove the limit for an application or category, you can use them for an unlimited amount of time as before.
For example, if you previously set a limit on the use of social networks, then after removing it, you can use it Instagram, Snapchat, etc. as much time as you want per day.
Of course, you can turn off Screen Time completely, but you will not receive weekly reports, which are so popular with many users.
As a reminder, the Screen Time feature is available in iOS 12 and newer.
Don’t miss the Apple news. subscribe to our Telegram channel, as well as to the YouTube channel.
Posted by Ella Jones July 31, 2019 14:00
Restricted Mode on iPhone is a useful feature that allows you to manage and restrict certain apps, content, and functions. This is also known as the Parental Control Function.With this function, you can easily create a passcode so that no one else, especially children, can do something inappropriate.
The Restrictions section of the Settings app lets you restrict certain apps, device features (such as uninstalling apps), privacy settings, content types and ratings, cellular data usage, and more. You can easily enable iPhone or iPad restrictions. But do you know how to turn off restricted mode on iPhone even without passcode?
How to disable restricted mode
- How to Disable Restricted Mode on iPhone (General Ways)
- Professional Way to Disable Restrictions on iPhone
- How to enable restrictions for iPhone and iPad
How to remove time limit on iPhone
With Screen Time, you can access real-time reports showing how much time you spend using your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and set limits on those times.
Screen Time lets you see how much time you and your kids are spending in apps, websites, and other resources. This way you can make smarter decisions about how to use your devices and set limits as needed. Learn how to turn on Screen Time, view reports, set limits, and manage your child’s device.
How to turn off Restricted Mode on iPhone
Limited Mode is a useful feature that is available on all iPhones such as iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, SE, 7, 6, 5, and more.Disabling Limited Mode on iPhone is just as easy how to enable it. This part will show you the basic way to disable Restricted Mode on iPhone in iOS 11 and iOS 12.
Enabling Screen Time
Now you can get a report at any time on how you use your device, programs and websites.
If this is your child’s device, you can set up Screen Time and set options right on their device, or do it from your own using Family Sharing. You can then use Family Sharing to view reports and change settings right from your device.
In Screen Time, you can also create a custom password to protect your settings so that only you can extend the time or make changes. Be sure to select a password that is different from the one used to unlock your device. To change the password on your child’s device, select Settings Screen Time [your child’s name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode and authenticate your changes with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.
If you forget the restriction passcode or Screen Time passcode you set in a previous version of iOS, wipe your device and set it up as new to remove the passcode. When restoring device data from a backup, the password is not deleted.
If you didn’t know, you can easily and easily remove Screen Time limits for apps and entire categories to use them as long as you like before, or set up a new, more precise limit.
As a reminder, Screen Time is a new feature in iOS 12 that allows you to set time limits for using specific apps or entire categories. This function is very useful if you want to spend less time, for example, on social networks, or want to limit the time that your child spends on his smartphone.
Below we will show you how to remove previously set application limits. The method will be the same for iPhone and iPad.
Disable restrictions on iPhone in iOS 12
You must provide a Restrictions password to disable this feature. Moved Limited Mode in iOS 12 to a different section of the Settings app. So turn off limited mode in iOS 12 a bit compared to iOS 11.
Unlock your iPhone and open the Settings app.
Scroll down to find the Screen Time option. The limited regime is put there.
Click Disable Screen Time. Confirm the operation to turn off restrictions on iPhone.
Disable Restricted Mode on iPhone in iOS 11 and Below.
Restricted Mode is marked as Restricted in the Settings app in iOS 11. You can take the following steps to turn it off.
Turn on your iPhone and open the Settings app.
Click General and then select Restrictions. Here you can find the “Disable Restrictions” option. Click on it and enter the passcode to disable restrictions on iPhone.