Set a photo to a contact through the standard gallery
Open the “Gallery” application on your phone and select the desired image.
- Click on the additional options button, in this case these are three dots in the upper right corner.
- We are interested in the option “Set. image as “, click on it. We are offered to choose what this picture will be.
- Press the button “Contact photo” and select the area in the picture that should be displayed when calling and confirm “OK”.
Now during the call, the selected picture will be displayed.
Through the “Contacts” application
Open the phone book and select the desired contact.
- Click on the edit contact icon.
- In the editing window, click on the image of the man (indicated by an arrow in the photo below)
The system will offer to select a photo from the gallery or take a new photo with a smartphone camera.
Putting a photo on a contact
Before making a picture on the whole screen, let’s figure out how to set a photo to a contact.
It’s not difficult at all. Here are a couple of ways how you can do this:
How to take a photo in full screen
And so, we have established a photo for the contact, now let’s figure out how to make it full screen during a call.
On some devices, the default photo on a call is displayed in full screen. But what if your smartphone doesn’t support this feature? In this case, special utilities will help us, we will consider one of them below.
How to put a contact photo in full screen on Android
A full-screen contact photo is not only beautiful, but also informative. But, unfortunately, many Android smartphones have a contact photo occupying a very small window during a call, which is very inconvenient. I will tell you how you can take a photo of the caller on the full screen of your phone.
Ultimate Caller ID Screen HD
The application is one of the best of its kind, it has a friendly interface and a large number of settings. Let’s take a closer look at the settings.
- Full screen photo of the caller in HD quality
- Incoming SMS in full screen
- Full screen missed call notification
- Black list of calls
- Call control with gestures
- And other settings
The free version of the program supports:
- Full screen photo when calling
- Call blocking
- Gesture control
The application has a lot of settings. You can change almost everything. the call window, a large number of gesture parameters, notifications, and more. Even the most sophisticated user will like it.
When you start the application for the first time, a setup wizard will open, which will guide you through the steps to set the optimal values.
- We set permission to intercept calls and SMS
- Setting up notifications
- We choose how the window will look when there is an incoming call. There are 5 options to choose from in the program
- Customizing the theme
- Setting up gestures
- We configure the sensors in the same way.
- Activate, if necessary, call blocking and blacklist
- The last item can be left as it is, just click next and you will see a window with a congratulation that the setup was completed successfully.
Now, through the built-in contact manager, you need to assign pictures to subscribers. After that, the caller’s photo will be displayed in full screen.
How to set a photo on a contact on Samsung a51
Adding a photo to a contact on Samsung a51 is a very convenient way to quickly find out who is calling you.
This is especially important if you have vision problems and find it difficult to read the display name. I recommend adding photos to your contacts to make them easier to see when you dial a number or receive a phone call.
By default, Samsung a51 puts a common block letter of the name of a person who is not set as a contact for his picture.
Depending on who the person is, you can change the image to something that makes it easier to identify when turned on.
For such purposes, you can use applications, which by the way are not few, but I do not see any sense in this.
A51 has several built-in methods for this kind of procedure, but naturally I will not describe all of them, but I will confine myself to the simplest option.
The easiest way to quickly put a photo on any contact in Samsung a51
Launch the “Phone” application and find the contact for which you want to take a photo, and tap it to open the subscriber card.
If you have multiple accounts on your phone, it may be easier to open the Contacts app and the account that person is associated with.
After selecting a contact, first enter the edit mode. Otherwise, you can call the call by clicking on the picture.
To do this, tap the “Change” pencil icon located on the Samsung a51 in the lower right corner of the screen.
While in edit mode, tap the person’s image if you want to replace the photo.
If you are doing this for the first time, then there will be a blue icon such as a camera. Click on it. Then select either “Gallery” (if the picture has already been taken) or “Camera” (if you want to do).
The system will ask for permission to access. Let it be hers. This request appears only once.
In all the following cases, Android will no longer ask you, and the “Gallery” will immediately open.
In the gallery, find the photo you want to put on the contact and click on it. Then edit the image to your liking and save your changes when done.
I usually just change the contact picture on the fly. I can open the Phone app for the recently called list and press the vertical ellipsis in the upper right corner of the icon to go into edit mode and select a different image.
After editing, click “Finish” and then “Save”, otherwise all your work will not bring the final result.
After that, you will see the result. I recommend to close everything, select “Phone”, go to contacts and see if everything is “in place”.
Some images in Gallery may not work for contact icons. For example, images synced to your online photo albums may not be available.
If something did not work out for you, then when describing the problem in the comments, please be as detailed as possible so that I can easily find a suitable solution.
If you can, please include the exact error messages you receive to give me an idea of where to start.
If you’ve already taken some troubleshooting steps before emailing me, be sure to include them so I can skip them in my answers.
If everything went well, then congratulations, you just added a photo to a contact in your Samsung a51.
If you want to change your current photo in the future, just follow the same steps as above and you should be fine. Have a good day!
Where to begin?
If you decide to put a photo or picture on a person, take into account the peculiarities of the Android OS. The solution to the problem is realistic if the contacts are saved on the Samsung device, and not on its SIM-card. If you do not perform a preliminary transfer, you will not be able to put the picture. That is why the information from the phone book needs to be transferred from the SIM to the smartphone.
To solve the problem, take the following steps:
- Enter Contacts on Samsung.
- Go to the settings, and there in the Export / Import section.
- Select a SIM card from the list (it may have the name of an operator) and click Next.
- Specify Phone number as the new location where the data will be located.
- Mark in the list of subscribers the information that you want to transfer.
- Confirm the operation by clicking OK.
After completing the work, you can set a photo to a contact in your Samsung Galaxy phone. You can choose any of the options below.
How to take screenshot on Samsung Galaxy A20?
Can I play PUBG on OnePlus Nord?
Yes, you can play PUBG on OnePlus Nord as it is an Android device and it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor with 6GB of RAM. The gaming experience will be great as the device provides excellent performance. Check its gameplay. Check the full specs of your OnePlus Nord device
Does the Samsung Galaxy A31 have a low light camera or night mode?
Yes, the Samsung Galaxy A31 has a low light camera option, which is obvious since all recent phones have this option in their cameras, and the device also has a great camera. Learn more about night mode in the Camera section. check the full specifications of your Samsung Galaxy A31
The Honor X10 Pro will certainly support VoWi-Fi. To use VoWi-Fi calling, all users need a compatible device and a stable Wi-Fi connection. Jio currently supports over 150 smartphones, while Airtel VoWi-Fi runs on over 100 phones. Here is a list of Airtel-supported devices for Wi-Fi calling, you can check this list a few days after the product launch: List To see the full specifications of this device: Honor X10 Pro
The Oppo Reno 4 will definitely support VoWi-Fi. To use VoWi-Fi calling, all users need a compatible device and a stable Wi-Fi connection. Jio currently supports over 150 smartphones, while Airtel VoWi-Fi works on over 100 phones. Here is a list of Airtel-supported devices for Wi-Fi calling, you can check this list a few days after the product launch: List To see the full specifications of this device: Oppo Reno 4
Yes, the Honor X10 Pro is expected to support 5G connectivity. The device comes with VoLTE and Dual 4G Bands. This allows the user to enjoy 4G services on both SIM slots at the same time. Also, do not forget to find all detailed specifications and other latest updates related to Honor X10 Pro here.
Yes, the Oppo Reno 4 is expected to support 5G connectivity. The device comes with VoLTE and dual 4G bands. This allows the user to enjoy 4G services on both SIM slots at the same time. Also, don’t forget to find all the detailed specs and other latest updates related to the Oppo Reno 4 here.
How to install Whatsapp on Honor X10 Pro?
How to install Whatsapp on OPPO Reno 4?
You don’t need to enable VoLTE. Plug Jio (VoLTE enabled) into any slot. VoLTE will be active by default. If this is not the case, you can change the network settings in the “Network” section of the settings. Go to “Settings” “Call settings (SIM and network)”. Tap Cellular LTE Voice on / Off. Alternatively, you can use a much simpler method: you can simply dial # # # Select phone information. Click Phone Information and select VOLTE Provisioned. Restart your phone and you’re done. You can check the following. video for more clarity: You can check the Honor X10 Pro specs here: Honor X10 Pro
You don’t need to enable VoLTE. Plug Jio (VoLTE enabled) into any slot. VoLTE will be active by default. If this is not the case, you can change the network settings in the “Network” section of the settings. Select “Settings” “Call settings” (SIM card and network). Tap Cellular LTE Enable / Disable. Alternatively, you can use an easier way: just type # # # Select phone information. Click Phone Info and toggle VOLTE Provisioned. Restart your phone and you’re done. You can check the video below to get more clarity: You can check the OPPO Reno 4 specs here: OPPO Reno 4
How to hide or protect apps on Honor X10 Pro?
Many phones today come with a built-in app locker. You can find this option as App Locker, usually under the Utilities option. You can simply open the option and select the app you want to block. Now, every time you want to open this app, you will need to enter your phone lock password or authenticate with the fingerprint sensor if your phone supports fingerprint. Alternatively, if your phone does not support this feature, you can download an app named app locker from the play store. You can find it here. It is very easy to set up. Download App Lock from the Google Play Store and you will be prompted to set the pattern on first launch. Then you need to set up an email id for security and backup purposes. On the Privacy tab, you can find a list of installed applications. You can choose any of them to block. Now, when you open an application that you have locked with AppLock, you will be prompted for a password. You can also unlock it with your fingerprint. You can watch the video here: you can check the specifications of the Honor X10 Pro here: Honor X10 Pro
How to set your own ringtone on Honor X10 Pro?
Well, sometimes you watch a movie and you want its melody to be used as a ringtone. This happened to me the last time I watched Sherlock. Remember that violin melody? Yes, so I got the signal and copied it to my phone by simply sending an email and uploading it to the email address configured on my phone. After that go to Settings. Open the sound section. Find the “Phone ringtone” option and open it. Select your local ringtone and select the ringtone that was copied. So you’re done. Every time your phone rings, you listen to your favorite melody. You can check the specs of the Honor X10 Pro here: Honor X10 Pro
How to set your own ringtone on OPPO Reno 4?
Well, sometimes you watch a movie and you want its melody to be used as a ringtone. This happened to me the last time I watched Sherlock. Remember that violin melody? Yes, so I got the signal and copied it to my phone by simply sending an email and uploading it to the email address configured on my phone. After that go to Settings. Open the sound section. Find the “Phone ringtone” option and open it. Select your local ringtone and select the ringtone that was copied. So you’re done. Every time your phone rings, you listen to your favorite melody. You can check the specs of OPPO Reno 4 here: OPPO Reno 4
How to set photo to call on Samsung Galaxy
Choose the phone that’s right for your growing business
Get a free guide to finding the right smartphone for your business and employee needs. Download Now
Go to the Notifications tab and you will see all the latest notifications you received on your Galaxy smartphone. You can also manage these notifications. Just click the small X to the right of the notification to remove it; it will disappear from your PC as well as your Galaxy device. With simplified notifications, you can focus more on the topics you really want to see.
Photo access and transfer
Constantly emailing yourself photos to download to your computer is often a hassle. and unnecessary.Your phone simplifies this process by giving you access to 2000 fresh photos from your smartphone right from your PC.
Select Photos to view a complete list of recently taken photos, then drag any photos you want to your computer. You can quickly transfer photos to our computer without being distracted from your business.
The easiest and most convenient method to put a photo on a person is to use the functionality of the Contacts section. The algorithm is as follows:
- Select the subscriber to whom you plan to put a photo.
- Click on the Change button.
- There should be a camera icon at the top. Click it. The system offers to take a photo or add it from the available data.
- Make changes to the image. For example, you can crop and crop it so that only the face is visible on the final portion. The frame that appears is moved with your fingers until the expected result is obtained.
- Save information.
Ask the subscriber to dial your number to make sure that the picture is displayed on the screen. This algorithm works on all Samsung phones with Android. The location and name of the buttons may vary slightly.
Mirroring Phone Screen on PC
Another nice feature. it is the ability to view the phone screen on a computer and control it with a mouse.
Just click the Phone Screen tab to get started. You will be prompted to make sure your phone and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, if not already.
Once connected, you will be able to see your phone screen and interact with it using your mouse or touchpad. This can be great if you want to showcase a mobile app to a group of people, or you have mobile apps that you review throughout the day but want everything to be collected on one screen.
Once set up, using the Your Phone app is very simple and intuitive. And with built-in Galaxy integration, you can connect to and disconnect from your phone with a tap of the Quick Bar.
With Microsoft Your Phone, you can now focus on your Windows PC because your notifications, messages, and calls are easily accessible. You also have the convenience of transferring photos to your computer.
Check out Samsung’s tips for deploying a mobile-only solution for your employees in our free guide. And if you work from home without a laptop, find out how Samsung DeX can expand your workspace.
On Samsung Galaxy
If the user has not replaced the standard gallery with another application, it will be necessary to decide how to put a photo on a contact in full screen on Android when making a call through it. It is in this gallery that there are photos of the owner of the smartphone. You can find what you need in a couple of gestures. The options for assigning contacts are the same regardless of the brand of the phone:
- The selected photo opens;
- The icon with three dots is pressed, which are located at the top of the screen;
- In the list presented, you need to select the option to install the picture;
- The required person is selected in the contact list;
- If necessary, the photo can be cropped, but then you need to save the installed changes.
If a picture is not placed on a certain person, it can be judged that there are some restrictions or there are unfavorable features of the OS. There is a software that does not allow you to change images as if they were previously changed on the SIM card.
How to set a photo on a contact in Android to full screen on a call
How to put a photo on a contact on Android is a question that arises among users of gadgets that run on Android OS. The owner of such a device has the ability to set a photo or a corresponding picture on the phone contact. This option is considered convenient, it allows you to instantly identify the caller, no need to focus on studying the written name. The article describes all the options for adding photos to contacts registered in the phone.
On Android 9 version
If the above actions began with the selection of a picture in the application, then here the process must begin with editing the data of the selected contact. The instruction for such an operation looks like this:
- A section with contacts opens;
- The required number is selected;
- The Edit option or the pencil icon is pressed;
- Information about the subscriber will appear, and where the photo should be, there is a faceless picture;
- This image is activated;
- The system will offer two options for action. take a picture or select an existing picture;
- Click on the Save button.
After completing the operation, how to put a photo on an Android 9 contact, the selected contacts will have images. This will allow you to immediately identify who is calling. You don’t have to look closely and delve into the identity of the caller.
If you have any questions. let us know Ask a question
On Honor phone
On an Honor smartphone, pictures are installed in a similar way. Despite this, it is not always possible to carry out such an action. In such a situation, you will need to carry out the operation through the Calls and Phone Contacts application. Further, when deciding how to set a photo to a contact in Android, you need to follow the following method:
- Select the required contact that you want to highlight among other options.
- Here you just need to open the card with a simple and easy click to install.
- The Edit tab is clicked. This can be a pencil picture located at the top of the screen or in a special context menu.
- If nothing similar was found in the options presented, you will need to click on the photo card.
- Having received the required photo on the screen, give it its proper shape by cropping.
Once the image is ready, you can download it on your phone and assign it to the selected person. This algorithm works effectively on most Honor smartphones running on Android OS. There is no need to carry out additional actions to change the external characteristics of the smartphone’s contact list, you do not need to save anything. You must have a stock of pictures and five minutes of free time.
What to do, not putting a photo on a contact on Android?
If the selected image on the Galaxy 7A or A6 does not fit or does not acquire the desired shape, you will need to use special utilities. If you need the picture to occupy the entire area on the screen, the following software is optimal:
- Phone. In addition to providing the mode of uploading photos in full mode, you can perform functional backup of the reference book or other useful manipulations;
- Full Screen Caller Pro for Galaxy. Thanks to this, you can not only position the image on the full screen, but even assign a video. This includes many functions related to the settings for displaying incoming calls.
Each application and its menus and memory have their own individual options. There is no need to describe the required actions in detail. The software interface is intuitive. for this reason, even an inexperienced user who is accustomed only to call can add a photo when making a call.
How to Add Photo to Contact on Samsung Galaxy A10, A20, A30, A40, A50 & A70
How to put a photo on a contact in Android: step by step instructions?
Many owners of feature phones decide to resolve this issue and install a useful option. The step-by-step instructions for installing the picture are easy to follow. There are certain differences in which device the operation is performed on.
If you follow the instructions provided, calls to devices will be more informative. So, how to proceed depending on the brand of the phone.
The open Android 9 OS is suitable for every user. The owner of the smartphone has the ability to customize it at his own discretion. For each contact from the phone book, you can open and set not only the image from the gallery on the full screen, but even choose a ringtone.
As mentioned above, this is the fastest and easiest way. We go to the “Gallery”, find the image we are interested in (photo, picture, logo. it does not matter) and open it. In the upper right corner, click on the “Menu” with the properties of the graphic file and select “Set. as a contact photo “. In the proposed list of subscribers (from the phone memory) we designate the corresponding number.
The last stage of the operation: selection of the desired area of the image. Swipe the borders of the highlighted area until you get a suitable size and click “Done”. The procedure is over, now when this subscriber calls, the picture you have set will be displayed on the screen.
If in the previous version we started our actions by choosing an image, then the second way is to edit the data of a specific subscriber.
The procedure for performing the operation is as follows:
open “Contacts” and choose the number we need;
take a photo or find the desired picture in the phone’s memory;
If you decide to set a photo or picture to a contact in Samsung Galaxy, keep in mind that the Android operating system provides this option only for numbers stored in the phone’s memory. For the address book located on the SIM card, the attachment of personal graphics is not carried out. Therefore, the subscriber data must first be transferred from the SIM to the smartphone.
This simple operation is performed like this:
- launch the “Contacts” application on the mobile device;
- in the settings menu, tap on “Export / Import”;
The system will automatically transfer the required information. Now you can proceed to the direct study of how to set a photo to a contact in Samsung.
How to set a photo to a contact in Samsung. step-by-step instructions with a photo
Often, incoming phone calls find us at the wrong time. Driving a car or under the disapproving glance of a boss at a meeting is not very convenient to spend precious seconds reading the name of the subscriber. The ability to set a photo to a contact in a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or any other mobile device running the Android operating system is a good solution for such situations. A quick glance at the screen is enough to identify the caller.
There are several different ways to set a contact photo on Samsung:
- Directly from the Gallery. The simplest and fastest option that allows you to use not only photos, but also any other images saved in graphic format.
- Using the system application “Contacts”. Allows you to use already saved pictures or take an instant photo.
- With the help of specialized applications. Such software provides a number of advantages (for example, it allows you to get a full-screen image or attach not only a photo, but also a video to a contact) and contains many other useful functions for managing a mobile device.
Each of the options has its merits, so each user chooses the most convenient method for him. Let’s consider all of the above methods in more detail.
After you set a photo for a contact in Samsung, it will be displayed on any call of this subscriber. However, using the system capabilities to pin the picture has one drawback: the picture will be located on a small area of the display. If you want the photo to occupy the entire screen area, you need to use specialized software.
Play Market offers three free utilities that allow attaching graphic files to subscribers:
Phone. In addition to providing full screen mode, it backs up the phone book and many other useful actions.
Full Screen Caller Pro. It not only places the picture on the whole screen, but also makes it possible to attach a small video to a contact. In addition, it contains a lot of functions for customizing the display of calls: the shape and size of the “Answer” and “Cancel” buttons, setting the animation and other interesting elements of the external design of the display.
Each application has its own way of how to set a photo to a contact in Samsung. However, it makes no sense to describe in detail the direct installation steps: the software interface is intuitive even to the most inexperienced user, so linking a picture to a subscriber will not be difficult.
How to Set Photo to Contact on Samsung Phone: 3 Working Ways
On Samsung devices, as on any other gadgets with the Android operating system, you can put a photo on a contact. This is a convenient option that personalizes your phone number and allows you to quickly figure out which person would like to contact you. As part of the article, we will consider all the methods. how to put a photo on a contact on Samsung.
Putting a photo on a Samsung contact is realizable through the native “Contacts” application:
- Select from the list the person whose number you will attach the photo to. Click (on Samsung A5, or any other model) the “Change” button.
- Pay attention to the camera icon placed in the center. You need to press it to add a picture under the number.
- You can take a photo here and now using the camera, or add it from the ones available on the device. After adding, you can use the editor and “play around” a little with cropping a photo using a frame. In this way, you can manually fit a disproportionate picture into the window, throwing out all unnecessary.
- Click “Save”. Done. Now every call to your number of this subscriber will be accompanied by the picture you have chosen.
You can put a photo on a contact in a Samsung Galaxy phone if it is saved in the device memory, but not on the SIM card. If your subscriber’s number is on a SIM card, you should transfer it to the device’s memory. Otherwise, the option specified in the article will not work in any of the ways. To transfer recorded data:
- Launch the “Contacts” application and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Import / Export Contacts”.
- Then choose from which place it is carried out: SIM card.
- Specify the phone as the new location for the contacts that were on the SIM card.
- Then choose the records about people that should be transferred to the device.
If you were leafing through your own gallery and saw a photo of a person that you would like to put on his contact, you can do this without leaving the system program:
- Decide on a photo in the Gallery. Click on the “Menu” button, which is located in the upper right, and click “Set as contact photo”.
- Select the required subscriber from the list of your book.
On Samsung Galaxy j5 and other models, this is an intuitive way, and it is more often used by users to use a photo on an incoming and outgoing call.
Since the call on devices Samsung Galaxy J7 and others is not a priority action, the involved photo is displayed on a part of the screen, and not on the whole. To fix this, it is recommended to expose the photo through additional applications installed on the device. Among the many similar ones are:
- Phone is a convenient, simple, constantly evolving application with many themes for replacing template calls. Allows you to replace the standard call picture with one of the template, a person’s photo, a picture, a short video and add a flash when you call.
- PhotoCallerScreen is a stable and simple utility with many themes to install on calls. Implements the necessary option to install a photo to a subscriber number in one or two.
- FullScreenCallerID. the utility displays a photo for an incoming call on the full screen. Quite a popular application that allows you to use not only pictures, but also video for contacts.
Problems with the implementation of the photo
- After installing the photos to the saved number with the picture, you can work further. If it is not needed, it can be removed or replaced with a new one.
- If you exhibited a photo through the application, and you can’t put it, return everything to its original settings, uninstall the application and use another one. Or use standard methods.
If there is no option to add photos to contacts, check if they are tied to a SIM card. If so, first transfer them to the smartphone’s memory, and then link the photo to the subscriber’s number.
Use the functionality of the “Contacts” application to put a photo on the subscriber
Samsung phones have a standard mechanism for adding a photo to contacts.
To implement it, you need to do the following:
- Open the “Contacts” application and tap on the desired phone book number;
- Click on the pencil icon or the “Edit” button;
- The contact details will open. We tap on the image of the little man;
- Choose where we want to get the image for this contact. by taking a photo or uploading a picture from the gallery;
- After selecting the desired source and attaching the picture to the subscriber (you will need to indicate the optimal size of the future picture for display), click on “Save”.
Features of storing information about contacts in Samsung smartphones
The current functionality of Sumsung phones allows us to choose four data carriers about a contact:
|SIM Card (1 and 2)||Contact details are saved on 1 or 2 SIM cards of your phone. Since the memory capacity of the SIM card is small (often it is only 128 kb), the SIM card usually stores only the last name and first name of the contact (in Latin letters) and his phone number. Other contact details, including photos, are not saved here.|
|Phone (phone memory)||In this case, we get more opportunities for saving contact data. We can easily save the contact’s full name in Cyrillic, several phone numbers, address, place of work, place of residence, photo and other information|
|Google (Google Account)||In this case, the contact details are linked to the phone user’s Google account. Accordingly, the contact data is stored on Google’s servers. If necessary, such data can be easily transferred to a new phone.|
|Samsung account||Linked to the user’s Samsung account. It is rarely used, but the possibilities are wide.|
If you have previously saved your contacts to a SIM card (or this saving method was set on your phone by default), then you will not be able to set a photo to your contact on Sumsung. In this case, you need to transfer the numbers of your contacts to the phone. To transfer phone numbers from the SIM-card memory to the phone, you usually need to launch the “Contacts” application, select the “Import / Export” option in the settings menu.
Then select a SIM-card from the list of sources and click on “Next”. We indicate the phone as a new place for storing contacts. It remains to mark the list of subscribers for transferring their numbers to the phone, and confirm the transfer operation with tap to “Ok”.
In addition to the phone, you can select a Google account as the storage location for your account data (relevant for newer Samsung models). In this case, when adding a contact, enter the number, click “Add to contacts”. “Create contact”. Google. Next, it remains to enter the contact information, and tap on the round field to link the picture to the subscriber.
Let’s look at the standard ways to put a photo on a contact in a Sumsung smartphone.
How to set a photo to a contact in a Samsung phone
It would seem that it could be easier. to set a photo to a contact in the phone. This is a trivial operation known to almost every owner of a modern smartphone, no matter what manufacturer it is. But when we get our hands on Sumsung phones (especially the latest models), we may encounter certain difficulties when adding a photo to the desired contact. What to do? Below we will analyze how to put a photo on any contact in Samsung phones. And also what we need for this.
The “Gallery” application in Sumsung smartphones will allow you to set a picture on a contact
Using pictures from the well-known Gallery application. convenient and simple ability to put an image on the right person in the phone book in Samsung.
- Go to the Gallery application;
- Open the desired image for selection;
- On the top right, tap on the menu button, and select the “Set as contact photo” option;
Setting a photo to a contact in Samsung phones
On all smartphones running on the Android OS, it is possible to install a photo of a calling number or any other picture on any contact from the phone book. This function is very convenient, as it allows you to instantly identify the subscriber without bothering to read his name. Let’s take a look at how to put a photo on a contact in Samsung.
Linking a picture to a contact from the Gallery
There are several ways to attach a photo to a call in Samsung Galaxy J5 or on a phone of any other model from the Galaxy line:
- through the standard Gallery application;
- by changing the profile of the called subscriber in the preinstalled Contacts program;
- using additional software.
Whichever option you choose, you need to know that you can only link a picture to a number stored in the phone’s memory. Therefore, if the subscriber is saved on the SIM card, he must first be transferred to the smartphone. This is done as follows:
- We are looking for and launch the application “Contacts” on the mobile device.
- Go to its settings and select the procedure “Import / Export”.
- In the list that opens, select where you want to transfer the number (SIM card), and click “Next”.
- We indicate the new storage location (“Phone”).
- We tick off one or several numbers that need to be dragged into the memory of the mobile device.
After the contact has been successfully transferred to Samsung Galaxy, you can proceed directly to attaching a picture to it:
- Enter the Gallery program.
- Select the photo you would like to contact.
- Call its properties by tapping on the corresponding button and click “Set as contact photo”.
- Specify the area of the picture that will be displayed on the Samsung Galaxy screen when there is an incoming call and click “Done”.
After completing the above steps, the selected picture will also be displayed on the Samsung Galaxy display along with the name of the caller.
Considering how to set a photo on a contact, you should dwell on one more way of implementing this procedure:
- We open the program “Contacts”.
- We are looking for the number to which we want to link a photo, and click “Edit”.
- Click on the standard picture and in the drop-down menu set a picture from the gallery or take a snapshot.
- We save the changes made.
Using additional software
Although the standard features for editing contacts from the phone book allow you to link a picture to a specific number, when you call it will be displayed only on a small part of the screen of a mobile device. If you want the photo to occupy the entire Samsung Galaxy display during an incoming call, you will need to acquire additional software, which can be downloaded from the Play Market absolutely free of charge. These programs include:
- Phone. This utility is endowed with good functionality and allows you not only to bind a picture to a contact and display it in full screen when called, but also to back up your phone book.
- Full Screen Caller Pro. Allows you to put on a contact not only a photo, but also small videos. The program has ample opportunities for initial customization, so you can easily adapt it for yourself.
- Ultimate Call Screen HD. In addition to directly linking an image to a phone number, this application also allows you to use gestures and built-in sensors to control your smartphone.
Having figured out how to set a photo on a contact on Samsung, you can decorate the design of your device and make the process of accepting a call more convenient.