Restore Android apps via Play Market
The main disadvantage of this method is that the settings of the erased program will not be saved on the device. For example, if it was a game, data on prizes, completed levels and achievements will disappear. Everything will have to be recreated. There are software products that create backups and when returned to the smartphone, all data will appear again. For example, the popular messenger WhatsApp.
- Open Google Play service.
- Call the menu by tapping on three parallel lines in the upper left corner.
- Sequentially go to the sections “My applications and games”. “Library”.
- From the proposed list of programs that were previously downloaded by the user using a personal Google account, you must select the one that you plan to return to the device’s memory. Sorting of products is set by default by date. newest to oldest.
- Tap on the “Install” button next to the selected utility. The installation process will begin.
The application you are looking for is not always included in the suggested list. This could mean:
- The software was downloaded using a different account;
- a little earlier, the user himself cleared the download history, the installation data is lost;
- The software was removed from the Play Market by the developer itself. This means that it no longer spreads.
In the first two cases, you should use the search bar and find the application. If the product has been seized, you can restore the deleted application on Android:
- search for the APK file on specialized forums. With its help, it will be possible to restore account or toy data;
- use a backup copy;
- apply a special program that allows you to return lost information. The Yandex search engine gives out many similar products. For example DigData and Disk Digger.
Recover Deleted Apps on Samsung Phone
It is not uncommon for smartphone owners to uninstall an application. This can be an accident or a deliberate measure. In the future, it may be necessary to return the utility. Let’s find out: how to recover deleted applications on a Samsung phone, what methods are there and which one is better for this or that case.
How to Recover Deleted Apps on iPhone via iTunes?
There are two ways to delete games and programs from the iPhone: erase all data completely, unload the software, leaving a shortcut and data on the gadget. In the second case, you can reanimate the software by simply clicking on the remaining utility icon. Or just refer to the settings, the process of a new download will begin.
ITunes will also help with the issue of recovering erased software. With its help, you can reanimate data both on a smartphone and on a personal computer of an apple manufacturer. In some cases, the PC will need help to run the helper program.
If the necessary data or software is erased (intentionally or accidentally), do not despair. everything can be returned to its original place. Sometimes software can be returned even with old data.
Hide Pictures. Hide it Pro Application
You can find another program of this kind on Google Play. It is called Hide Pictures. Hide it Pro, we already knew about it in the article on how to hide application shortcuts on Android. As it already became clear to you, it has the widest functionality. the program can not only set a password to start other applications. over, she knows how to work with different media files, hiding them from outside views. In short, try to download and install this utility. We will not repeat about your first steps. they basically boil down to creating a password. Then follow our guide:
Launch the application and hold your finger for a few seconds on the logo located at the top.
Select “Lock Apps”.
If you have not visited this section before, you will need to install the plugin. Click on the button “Get plugin (free)”.
Select the application with which you will follow the external link. It must be some kind of browser.
Then you will again be asked to choose a program, this time to download the plugin. Select Play Market.
Press the “Install” button.
Confirm your actions by pressing the “Accept” button.
Wait for the plugin download process to finish and return to the application. For you, you will need to enter the password again and click on the “Lock Apps” item. You will now find yourself in the respective plugin. According to your ability, read the English-language help and press the “Done” key.
Go to the “All Apps” tab and click on the program, which should only be launched after entering the password.
Confirm your action. press “OK”.
Applications locked in this way will be contained in the “Locked Apps” folder. If necessary, you can permanently remove them from here.
Attention: on some devices for this utility to work, you will need to provide root rights!
Completely free program that allows you to easily password protect the necessary data on your own accessory. Management is simple, thanks to an easy and intuitive interface.
- Personal data protection
- Password locking applications
- Block of options and calls
- Banning Google Play
How to password-protect an application on Android. How to put a password on an application on Android
Another good program that allows us to simply execute the lock that suits us. Management is very ordinary, plus in Russian.
- Locker home screen
- Ban on WI-FI, Bluetooth, etc.
- Free of charge
- Miscellaneous locks
How to put a password on an application. on Android
Let’s start with the methods integrated into the system to do this. But not every accessory has such an opportunity. This feature is definitely in: Honor, Huawei, Xiaomi, Meizu and ASUS. You will be able to see it at home, even if you have a device from a different company.
Open device options. Further on Xiaomi. go to the “Application Protection” group. On Honor, Huawei, Meizu. Go to Security & Privacy. App Lock.
Check the boxes for those programs and games that need to be password protected and click on the “Set password” button.
Specify it or set a pattern by ability. Now when you open something from this list, you will be asked to enter a code.
There is only one minus here. the general password for everything in this list. It’s not always comfortable, so you can use third-party software that allows you to do this.
Important! Almost all programs, especially messengers, already have a built-in function for setting a password when they are opened, for example, the same Telegram. So, that additional software may not be required at all. Just look at the appropriate parameter in the program settings.
How to put a password on an Android app?
All of us have such situations when we provide the phone to our own friend or relative. Some of them are extremely curious people. they begin to study the apparatus by entering various programs. If some application contains information that is confidential for you, then try to put a password on its start. In the criteria of the Android operating system, this can be done without much difficulty.
Using Smart AppLock
In the absence of other options, the user of the Android operating system will have to set passwords to launch certain programs using a separate utility. For example, you can download and install Smart AppLock. This application can be found on Google Play and is distributed free of charge. Its interface has been translated into 31 languages, and the number of downloads of this program for us has already exceeded 20 million for quite a long time. Smart AppLock allows you to set a password for the application or make a pattern. Implementing the utility is straightforward:
Run the program.
Create a PIN code suitable for launching Smart AppLock itself and other programs.
Samsung S20/A50s/A30s/M31 App Lock Setting | Use Secure Folder Lock
Confirm the entered numbers by typing them again.
You will be taken to the “Applications” tab. Here for you you should press on the huge key with the image of a plus sign.
In the list that opens, activate the switch next to each program, the start of which you want to accompany with a password request.
Press the greenish plus key again.
On Android 5.0 and newer versions of the operating system, a pop-up window will appear notifying that the application needs to be granted special rights (but this is not about superuser rights). Press the “Apply” button.
Put a flag next to the AppLock application.
Confirm your actions by pressing the “OK” button.
Return to the program window. To do this, press the “Back” key.
That’s all, from now on, to launch your selected applications, you will need to enter the password you made in the first steps. In the future, you will be able to remove programs from this list. To do this, click on the name of the application, after which confirm your action by pressing the “Apply” button.
As mentioned above, Smart AppLock supports several types of protection. The selection is carried out in a separate tab under the heading “Settings”. Here you should be intrigued by the “Protection Settings” section.
Select the “Blocking method”. this is where it is selected. You can also visit the subsection “Password hint”.
How to put a password on an Android app
One of the most common questions for owners of Android phones and tablets is how to put a password on the application, especially on messengers WhatsApp, Viber, VK and others.
Despite the fact that Android allows you to set restrictions on access to settings and installation of applications, as well as to the system itself, there are no built-in tools for setting a password for applications. Therefore, to protect against launching applications (as well as viewing notifications from them), you will have to use third-party utilities, which are discussed later in the review. See also: How to set a password on Android (unlock your device), Parental Controls on Android. Note: applications of this kind may cause “Overlays detected” error when asking for permissions by other applications, please consider this (more: Overlays detected on Android 6 and 7).
Setting a password for an Android app in AppLock
In my opinion, AppLock is the best free application available for blocking the launch of other applications with a password (I will only note that for some reason the name of the application in the Play Store changes from time to time. either Smart AppLock, then just AppLock, and now AppLock FingerPrint, this may be a problem considering that there are similarly named but other applications).
Among the advantages are a wide range of functions (not only the password for the application), the Russian interface language and the absence of the requirement for a large number of permissions (you need to give only those that are really needed to use specific AppLock functions).
Using the application should not be difficult even for a novice owner of an Android device:
- When you start AppLock for the first time, you need to create a PIN code that will be used to access the settings made in the application (to locks, etc.).
- Immediately after entering and confirming the PIN, the “Applications” tab will open in AppLock, where, by pressing the “plus” button, you can mark all those applications that need to be blocked without the possibility of launching by unauthorized persons (when blocking the applications “Settings” and “Setup package “no one will be able to access the settings and install applications from the Play Store or APK file).
- After you mark applications for the first time and click “Plus” (add to the list of protected), you will need to set permission to access the data. click “Apply” and then enable permission for AppLock.
- As a result, you will see the applications you added in the blocked list. now you need to enter a pin code to launch them.
- Two icons next to applications allow you to block notifications from these applications or display a fake startup error message instead of blocking (if you hold down the “Apply” button in the error message, a PIN-code entry window will appear and the application will start).
- To use a text password for applications (as well as a graphic one), and not a PIN, go to the Settings tab in AppLock, then in the Security Settings section select the Lock Method and set the desired password type. An arbitrary text password is here designated as “Password (Combination)”.
Additional AppLock settings include:
- Hiding an AppLock app from the app list.
- Delete protection
- Multi-password mode (separate password for each application).
- Connection protection (you can put a password for calls, connections to mobile or Wi-Fi networks).
- Blocking profiles (creating separate profiles, in each of which different applications are blocked with convenient switching between them).
- On two separate tabs “Screen” and “Rotation” you can add applications for which the screen will be blocked from turning off and rotating. This is done in the same way as when setting a password for the application.
And this is not a complete list of available features. Overall, it’s a great, simple and well-functioning application. Among the shortcomings. sometimes not quite correct Russian translation of interface elements. Update: since the writing of the review, functions have appeared for taking a photo of guessing the password and unlocking with a fingerprint.
CM Locker Data Protection
CM Locker is another popular and completely free application that allows you to put a password on an Android application and more.
In the “Lock Screen and Applications” section of CM Locker, you can set a graphic or digital password that will be set to launch applications.
Section “Select items to block” allows you to set specific applications that will be blocked.
An interesting feature is “Attacker Photo”. When you enable this function, after a certain number of incorrect attempts to enter the password, the one who enters it will be photographed, and his photo will be sent to you by E-mail (and saved on the device).
CM Locker also has additional features, such as blocking notifications or protecting your phone or tablet from theft.
Also, as in the previous considered option, in CM Locker it is easy to set a password for the application, and the function of sending a photo is a great thing that allows you to see (and have evidence) who, for example, wanted to read your correspondence in VK, Skype, Viber or Whatsapp.
Despite all of the above, I didn’t really like the CM Locker option for the following reasons:
- A huge number of required permissions, requested immediately, and not as needed, as in AppLock (the need for some of which is not entirely clear).
- Requirement on first launch of “Fix” detected “Threats” to device security without the option to skip this step. At the same time, some of these “threats” are my purposefully made settings for the operation of applications and Android.
This is not a complete list of tools that allow you to restrict the launch of applications on an Android device, however, the above options are perhaps the most functional and fully cope with their task.
AppLock, which has rich functionality, will help you set a password for an application in Samsung A50. Work algorithm:
- After the first launch, the program will offer to make a choice of those utilities that will need to be blocked for third-party access. It will be enough to set at least one choice, the rest can be made later. When you run it again, the utility will display a list of recommended programs that need to be blocked.
- Set pin-code or pattern. You will need to enter twice for the program to remember the data.
- AppLock will ask for permission to collect information about the device and how it can be used. After consent, you will need to confirm the changes.
Note that you can install a secret code on all applications that are on the device at once. For this, a trigger is provided in the top line. The data list is available in the “Locked” menu.
How to put a password on an app in Samsung
Modern smartphones have a large amount of memory and store a lot of the owner’s personal information. This is not just about photos or videos, but also the data stored by applications that allow you to work with finances. Theft of such information is fraught with large financial losses. Let’s figure out how to put a password for an application in Samsung using system capabilities, what third-party utilities are, consider the most popular and reliable.
The standard way to set a password on an Android app
Most smartphone manufacturers have provided their users with the ability to block certain utilities and protect them from unauthorized launch. Note that you can block not only individual utilities, but the entire system. There are many different options for this: pin code, pattern keys, fingerprint scanner and others. It is recommended to use two-layer protection.
On Samsung smartphones, the “Safe Folder” option is responsible for setting the password. All those applications and data that need separate protection are moved to it. Algorithm:
- sequentially go to “Settings”. “Lock and Security Screen”. “Security Folder”;
- sign in to your current Samsung account. If not, you need to create;
- a password is assigned for the secret folder, protection is selected. After it is password-protected, utilities are moved to it, which they want to hide from strangers.
Convenient free application that allows you to set a password for the application in Samsung. Algorithm:
- after the first launch, the user must be given permission to access the Vault data. Here you need to come up with and specify a password that will enable access to the application itself. After entering it, Vault will offer to purchase a paid version that has advanced functionality. She will list all the features, benefits. For high-quality protection, a free option will be enough;
- on the main screen, tap on the “Lock” icon;
- the program will display a list of installed utilities, which are either by default or downloaded by the owner himself. Above, the products for which Vault recommends privacy are listed separately. Check the boxes to set the access code;
- select a privacy mode: basic or hidden. If you select the hidden mode, when you try to open it, the program will fake a crash. To be able to enter a password, you will need to press and hold “OK”;
- set a secret code on the opened keyboard;
- give Vault all permissions to work correctly.
The functionality of the software differs little from the above-described product. It has a number of features: Russian interface, light weight, the ability to lock the screen, sending photos to the user’s email address in the event that he has forgotten the data to unlock. Instructions:
- launch CM Locker, activate the requested additional permission;
- the main screen with a set of functions will open. Select “Screen lock”;
- go to the “Set password” section. A list of utilities that are installed on a specific smartphone or tablet will automatically open. You will need to select the one you want or activate the trigger opposite the entire list;
- create a key or enter an unlock code.
It is a quality utility, although it is not available for free distribution. Tasker not only protects data, but also optimizes device performance.
- install the application, go through the registration process in it;
- after creating a personal profile, go to the menu and select a task. A list of those installed on the smartphone will be offered, you must select those applications that you want to protect;
- By tapping on the desired icon, the user will see a window in which he will need to activate the slider and set the “Block” command in front of the name;
- go to the main screen, select the “Screen” icon, then go to “Lock”. Set the secret access code here.
You can protect information on your Samsung smartphone using built-in tools and third-party applications. They can be distributed on a reimbursable and free basis. Basic functionality will suffice for simple protection. Paid utilities offer advanced features. For example, optimizing and improving device performance. But they are more suitable for advanced users.
The utility has a different approach to creating clones. it creates a virtual shell sandbox, inside which additional programs are launched. This gives much greater compatibility, but there is a significant inconvenience. cloned applications will not be able to start outside the Parallel Space shell. Only the main ones will function. Super user rights are not required, but the program will always be in the smartphone’s RAM. Features:
- there is no need to install APK files. the environment of the program itself is enough;
- the process is extremely simple using the “Add Application” button;
- mono shortcuts to bring to the phone desktop and run without a shell;
- only one copy can be created;
- the possibility of private installation from Google Play;
- the user can create a protective field, inside which to place the selected copies;
- no autorun after reboot;
- notifications are sent separately for each copy.
Why clone an app?
Clones are copies of applications that function equally well, have no lags, lags or glitches. Making a copy is easy, but here’s what it might be for. For example, a user has an account on any popular network. When registering, it goes through verification and links the page to a phone number. Officially, social networks do not allow the same user to have multiple accounts. In addition, many networks or forums can ban these users. But no one can prohibit having another application in which a single account will be registered.
This applies not only to social networks, but messengers, computer games. The whole family can play the same toy, but each member needs their own game account. A clone of the game will come to the rescue.
It is mainly used to clone social networks or instant messengers. Features:
- creating three or more accounts;
- ROOT rights are not required;
- the created duplicate has a size that does not exceed 5 MB;
- nice interface;
- the developer has added design themes.
The utility helps to create a second version of the required social network, messenger or game, but with a changed package name and signature. In this case, the owner of the device does not need to have superuser rights. After the applications are installed on the device, the user can uninstall the software. This will not affect the work of the created clones in any way. They will continue to function smoothly.
In the main menu, you can select those programs for which it is possible to create a copy. But App Cloner doesn’t stop there. In addition to creating a clone of the application on Samsung, the program allows you to modify the icon. This is for ease of use. Changing the inscription, color and appearance will not confuse the owner of the smartphone. The product has a premium (paid) version, it allows you to make deeper settings: prohibiting access to data, transferring data to removable media, setting a password, prohibiting autorun and others.
In order to use the option, the following conditions must be met:
- set permission to install APK files from unknown sources;
- run the program.
App Lock and App Mask for Samsung Devices
After installation, the clone will function simultaneously with the main messenger or game, it can be transferred to another device without additional settings and App Cloner.
Special programs for creating clones on an Android phone
If you cannot install the second version of the application on your phone using standard tools, you can use special software products.
How to create a clone of an application?
Modern devices already have a built-in option that allows you to perform cloning operations using built-in tools. You don’t need to download additional software or select various components. The latest models of smartphones from the South Korean manufacturer (for example, the flagship S8) have such a function. The Android One UI operating system shell offers a solution for copying applications. But there is a significant limitation. the system allows you to create a clone of only the messenger.
- go to the section with settings;
- then “Additional functions”. “Dual application profile”;
- here you need to make a choice of the Samsung application, a copy of which will be created.
As already noted, the user will be offered a choice of those messaging services that are installed on the smartphone. After making your choice, a second utility icon will appear on the main screen. Each of them will be linked to their account.
In other versions of smartphones, the firmware offers a wider range of cloning utilities. details about creating copies can be seen in the video (for example, Samsung Galaxy Note 9).
The principle of operation and creation of clones is similar to the above product. The 2Account program also creates a virtual environment in which the created clones are placed. There is a specially provided notification that signals the closure of the program in order to avoid accidents. The owner of the phone does not need super user rights. Features:
- changing the location of shortcuts;
- you can clone in whole packages;
- copies are not available from the application manager and menu;
- new shortcuts can be placed right on the home screen;
- multiple copies cannot be created.
Users note that 2Accounts lacks additional options: you cannot set a password, there is no private mode. In addition, the software increases battery consumption.
Easy way: how to hide an app on Samsung
To maintain the confidentiality of personal data, sometimes it becomes necessary to remove everything important from the smartphone screen. for example, correspondence, applications. There are different ways to do this depending on your phone model and operating system. Today we’ll look at how to hide an app on Samsung.
Next, we will present detailed instructions on the example of a Samsung phone running on the Samsung One UI Core 2.5 and Android 10 proprietary shell.
How to remove an application from hidden
To return an application to the general menu or add it to the desktop, we do the same. And in the last section. Hide applications, we remove the hidden program. Click on the red minus on the icon, the application is transferred to the general list. Click Finish.
Now the application will appear again in the general menu with applications.
To mask an app on a Samsung smartphone, you need to enter the settings. Next, we do the following:
- Find the menu section. Display, enter it
- Next, we are looking for the section. Home screen, enter
- At the bottom of the section. Hide applications, enter
This section displays all applications that are installed on the device. This is where we need to find the application that we will hide. For example, Telegram, or Gallery. It can be any application depending on the user’s needs.
Next, click on the desired application and it is transferred to the top of the screen. Hidden Applications. Click on the button at the bottom of the display. Done.
Adding an application to hidden
After that, the hidden application will not be shown in the application menu.
How to find and launch a hidden application
If we have hidden the application, it will be impossible to open it from the general menu, since there is no icon.
To launch the hidden program, go to Settings, go to the Applications section. Find the desired name and click on the icon.
Launching a hidden application
The application menu will open with a button at the bottom. Open. This will launch the application as usual.
Detailed video tutorial on how to hide the app on Samsung:
This is an encrypted space powered by Samsung’s Knox Security platform. The technology does not block access to software, but hides its data, i.e. everything you do in the Safe Folder stays in it. For example, if you used the “Camera” application from an encrypted space, then the resulting snapshot or video will not appear in the general “Gallery”.
Not all devices support the feature, but if you do not see the folder among other applications, it may simply not be activated. To check this, in the “Settings” open “Biometrics and Security” and look for it there.
When the secret space is created, select the type of unlock it. Alternatively, you will be prompted to add biometric data. Click “Next”. Come up with a password, picture or PIN-code and tap “Continue”.
On the next screen, we confirm the entered data.
Standard software added to Security Folder by default.
Similar actions when adding files. We press the corresponding button, find the data in the device memory and press “Finish”.
If the file needs to be hidden, select the “Move” action. Now it can be found only through the file manager from the “Safe folder”.
Let’s take a look at how the Security Folder works using the Contacts application as an example. The fact that it was launched from an encrypted space will be indicated by the icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
Click “Add”, fill in the contact information and click “Save”.
This number will now only be available in the secure phonebook. If you open Contacts normally, this entry will not appear.
You can hide the Protected Folder to avoid drawing attention. To do this, go to the “Menu”, open the “Settings”
and at the appropriate point we turn the switch to the “Off” position.
To use the Security Folder again, we find it in the “Biometrics and Security” section and after confirming the identity, turn on the display.
This is Samsung’s proprietary note-taking software. You cannot set a password for entering the application, but you can block each entry separately.
Open Samsung Notes, click the plus icon and make the necessary notes.
You can close access to a note without opening it. To do this, click on it and hold it for two seconds, and then on the panel below, click “Lock”.
To gain access to the recording, you will now have to use biometric data or a password to unlock the device.
To unblock it later, you can either go to the “Menu” and select the appropriate item,
or use the panel on the main screen. In any case, identity confirmation will be required again.
Create a Samsung account
Some apps and features require you to sign in to your Samsung account. You can create it directly on your mobile device.
Open “Settings”, select “Accounts and Archiving”, and then “Accounts”.
Scroll down the screen, tap “Add” and select “Samsung account”.
If you do not want to create a Samsung account, on the login screen, click “Continue with Google”.
We provide the required information and click “Create”.
Third party software
You can block access to software on a Samsung device using special applications from the Google Play Store. As an example, we will install AppLock from DoMobile Lab and figure out how to use it.
At the first start, we come up with a drawing to unlock, and then repeat it.
In the “Privacy” tab, scroll down to the “General” section, select the application and allow access for AppLock.
Find the blocker program in the list and allow it to collect statistics.
Now, to close access to the software, it will be enough just to touch it.
Unlock key required to run locked apps.
After removing AppLock, all software will be unlocked. In this case, in the “Additional” block, you can close access to “Settings” and the Google Play Store.
You can also mask the shortcut. To do this, in the “Protection” tab, open the “Magic” section, click “Camouflage Icon” and select one of the available shortcuts.
In the “Security” section you can activate fingerprint unlock.
To change the picture to a password, tap “Unlock settings”, then “Password“,
Enter the desired combination and confirm it.
After rebooting the device, AppLock starts automatically, but it does not do it right away, so for the first minute or two there is an opportunity to freely access the locked software. Of course, you can start it manually and no one has canceled the screen lock, which is on every smartphone. But, perhaps, other blockers, which we wrote about in a separate article, work better in this regard.
Reboot your phone
The error where the “Google application has stopped” pop-up notification appears on the screen occurs on many Android devices, including Samsung smartphones. This problem may be associated with the incorrect operation of certain system components, the restoration of which can be performed in many ways.
First of all, you need to reboot the phone using one of the available methods, be it a combination of several buttons or a special section of system parameters. After a successful restart, the problem in question should be gone.
Alternatively, especially if clearing the Google Play Services and Google app performance data did not produce the desired results, you can perform a global cache deletion. For these purposes, the system “Settings” provides the appropriate sections, the location and name of which may differ in different versions of the OS.
Whichever method of clearing work data you choose, after completing the described actions, be sure to reboot the device. In this case, the problem will most likely disappear.
- Launch “Settings” in any convenient way and go to the “Applications” section. On the page that opens, you need to find and touch the line “Google Play Services”.
This action must be confirmed through the pop-up window using the “Delete” link. As a result, if everything is done correctly, the data on the application will be cleared, and the error in question will no longer appear.
As mentioned, the same must be done with the “Google” program, which must also be found in the list of installed software and in the “Memory” section to delete work data.
Sign out of your Google account
The least effective method for resolving the “Google App has stopped” error on a Samsung device is to deactivate the linked Google account. To solve this problem, you will need to use the system settings and, in particular, the “Accounts” section, by completing the exit procedure. In more detail, this method, as well as auxiliary options, were described in a separate instruction.
- If necessary, it is quite possible to take advantage of the automatic update of all system applications on a Samsung smartphone using the corresponding option in the Google Play settings. To do this, open this software, tap the main menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select “Settings”.
In the “General” section, tap the line “Auto-update applications” and in the pop-up window select the option of downloading the latest versions that suits you. Use the “Finish” button to save the new parameters.
You can restart your device to make the automatic update work as soon as possible. But even with that, you will have to wait a while.