Via Chromecast media player
This device is manufactured by Google. It is designed for streaming media content, but unlike the Apple TV set-top box, it does not have such a set of features. Chromecast is a small gadget, similar to a USB flash drive, which is inserted into the HDMI connector, and transfers from mobile devices via WI-FI.
To transfer images or to view something from iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Download the Google Home application (compatible version of the operating system. iOS 9.1) or Chromecast to your phone.
- You must have a Google account, an HDMI port on your TV, and a home secure WI-FI network.
- In the software downloaded to the phone, you need to connect to the Chromecast option and to the WI-FI network.
It should be noted that not all Internet resources will be available in this way. Compatible, for example, are Play Movies and Music, YouTube.
In this case, the screen is not duplicated, but simply the phone sends requests, what and how to search, and the content is downloaded from the Internet.
Photo Cast transfers pictures, photos and videos from gallery to TV well, but for Full HD quality you need a paid version.
But in general, there are still many drawbacks: the connection may be interrupted or data may be transmitted with a delay. And the biggest disadvantage is that there are too few resources from which you can view content.
Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
You can transmit information to television wirelessly and wired, using special applications and additional devices and set-top boxes.
Since video from iPhone on TV can be watched using several options. Let us dwell in more detail on each of the methods and determine their advantages and disadvantages.
Broadcasting from the phone can be carried out in automatic and manual mode.
In the first case, this is done as follows:
- Connect the TV device and the phone to the same WI-FI network;
- Open YouTube app on TV;
- Synchronization should be done automatically;
- In order to start broadcasting, you need to select “Screen”. “Broadcast” in the phone settings;
- From the list you need to select the device to which the transfer will be performed.
If the transfer does not work, then you can check the Internet connection settings or try to connect manually:
- You need to launch the YouTube application on your TV and go to “Settings”;
- Find the item “Connect the TV to the phone”;
- Check “Manual” on the page;
- Open the YouTube application on the iPhone and also go to “Settings”;
- Select “View on TV” and enter the code that appears on the TV screen;
- After that, the phone display should be duplicated on the TV.
You can also go from your phone to the link: https://www.YouTube.com/TV.
And the connection is performed in the same way as in the application.
Wireless via DLNA
DLNA technology allows compatible devices to share a variety of content over your home network. If we translate the decryption of the abbreviation DLNA, we get the “digital home network alliance”. Connecting devices using this technology can be both wired (ethernet) and wireless (WI-FI).
How to transfer video from iPhone to TV using this technology. To transfer files to TV, consider the wireless method. To do this, we need a WI-FI network, to which both TV and iPhone can be connected.
For LG TV equipment, you will need to install the Smart Share program, and for Samsung. AllShare, for other models you also need to find out which software is suitable for these purposes.
For iPhone, you can download Twonky Beam. The app is free. It has a number of built-in services, with the help of which it is immediately possible to display the image on the TV. Including a built-in browser. When the application starts, you need to determine the device through which the file will be played.
There are also applications such as iMediaShare, TV Assist, Belkin MediaPlay. The principle of their work is similar.
If you plan to frequently use data transmission to TV, then it is better to download a paid program once to ensure full functionality and no advertising. When you start the application, you will need to select a TV from the list and you can start transferring content.
If the TV does not have a WI-FI module or it is not compatible with iPhone applications, you can use a transmitter that connects to the TV device via HDMI input, and receives a signal from the phone wirelessly.
You can install the AirBEAM TV app on your TV and transfer data by enabling AirPlay on your iPhone. But this software is not suitable for all TVs, so first you need to use the trial version (since the application is paid) to check compatibility with your TV.
For example, consider how to use the connection option for a Samsung TV.
- Turn on TV and connect to home network WI-FI.
- On iPhone, launch AirPlay and select a TV from the resulting list of devices.
- Now the phone screen will be mirrored on the TV.
- Except in rare cases, no additional equipment is required;
- Need special applications to connect both devices;
- The data transfer speed may not be too high due to the limited bandwidth (this applies to the wireless connection);
- The emergence of new video formats may not be readable on TV.
Another option is to use Wi-Fi Direct technology. In this case, the transfer will be carried out directly from one device to another without using a router.
In order to use Wi-Fi Direct technology, both TV and mobile devices must support it.
- On the iPhone, find the menu “Wireless networks and connections”. “Wi-Fi Direct.” “Activate”;
- Find “Network” on TV equipment. “Wi-Fi Direct”;
- Select your iPhone from the list and send a connection request.
6 Ways to Watch iPhone Videos on TV
The development of technology does not stand still. When the operating system began to appear on TVs, it significantly expanded the list of capabilities of this device. In addition to going online, downloading applications, installing games for TV, it became possible to synchronize TVs with their mobile devices. Now, from the TV screen, you can view photos and listen to music that is on your smartphone or tablet, which is much more comfortable to do on a large screen.
Let’s take a look at exactly how you can watch iPhone videos on TV.
Using an Apple TV box
Apple TV is a device designed to transfer data to the TV screen from Internet services, iTunes, any Apple devices: players, computers, smartphones and tablets.
Apple TV provides access to all kinds of video and audio resources, and if you do not have a Smart TV, then it will give it the functionality of such.
This set-top box is a small device that transmits data in streaming mode, that is, it does not store it. Can play HD and Full HD without lag and with multi-channel audio.
Connects Apple TV to TV via HDMI or analog connector.
AirPlay is a technology developed by Apple for wirelessly streaming media content between devices that are compatible with this technology.
After connecting the Apple TV set-top box, you need to connect all devices to the WI-FI network and turn on the AirPlay option on the iPhone.
You can enable Screen Mirroring on iPhone to mirror your phone screen on TV.
But if you do not have an Apple TV set-top box, and you do not want to purchase it (and its cost is rather big), then the question arises whether it is possible to use AirPlay without an Apple TV device.
For displaying on the computer screen, there are programs (at the moment AirServer and Reflector are considered the best) that can replace Apple TV. And dr.fone for IOS, which, among other functions, has the ability to repeat the screen of a mobile device on a monitor.
But in order to play content on a TV without an Apple TV, you need to look for alternative ways. In particular, by installing the iMediaShare application, but this already applies to DLNA technology. Although the application may well replace the purchase of an Apple set-top box.
In addition, analogues of the Apple TV device appear on the market, for example, the BSPW-100U adapter (universal wireless dongle). It supports AirPlay, but you can broadcast through it not only from the iPhone, but also from devices with other operating systems.
This method is only suitable for viewing photos and images, as well as videos that are stored in the Files menu on your phone. In this case, the phone will act as a storage disk and there will be no screen mirroring. To connect, just connect the cable from the iPhone to the Lightning connector of the phone and to the USB port on the TV.
Before connecting the device, it is better to disconnect.
How can I output video from the iPhone in this case and is it possible to watch a movie?
Jailbreak significantly expands the functionality of iPhones, but a device with such plugins is not subject to warranty service and cannot be updated to a new version.
HDMI, or composite connector
Any modern TV has one or more HDMI ports. This technology allows you to transfer high quality video data at high speed.
It is possible to display the image from the iPhone by directly connecting the cable between the phone and the HDMI TV port. At the same time, it is even possible to show videos in high quality without delay. And it is available for all Smart TVs and regular TVs with the corresponding connector regardless of the model: LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.
There is no need to install additional software, but you need to connect the Apple Lightning port (or for earlier models. 30-pin) and HDMI / VGA. But, accordingly, you need to purchase an Apple AV cable and Lightning Digital AV adapter.
- Devices are disconnected;
- We connect the cable to the HDMI port on the TV, and the other to the AV adapter;
- We connect the adapter to the iPhone;
- Now you need to turn on both devices;
- After switching on, the desired connection should appear automatically.
If the automatic installation did not occur, then manually it is done like this. On the iPhone, in the settings, activate the transmission via HDMI, and on the TV, select the HDMI signal as the source, which is involved (if there are several ports)
Of the shortcomings, it can be noted that a special wire and adapter are needed to connect, fortunately, the market offers many different options. And the presence of a wire reduces the comfort of use in this way.
If you can’t connect to HDMI, you can use the composite connector (otherwise called “tulip”) and Apple’s Lightning VGA adapter. This option is suitable if the TV has an analog input.
- Connect adapter to iPhone.
- Connect the cable to the TV (each plug must be inserted into the corresponding jack). In the VGA cable, the audio input is connected separately.
- After connecting the devices, the settings should be loaded automatically. If this does not happen, you will need to perform a manual configuration.
- Turn on the TV to the required input signal. To do this, in the TV settings, the iPhone is selected as the signal source.
- You can now play videos on your phone. over, on earlier iPhone models, only programs that play media content will be displayed, and in later models, the screen will be duplicated.
Composite and 30-pin connector does not support Full HD data transmission
Connecting PCs and Mobile Devices to Sony TVs
Before performing Sony Screen Mirroring, you need to read the user manual and check the output ports on the PC for the connection details and the correct connection cable. If possible, it is best to use an HDMI or DVI connection, as these options combine video and audio signals in a single cable and also offer an HD expansion for the TV receiver screen.
- Connect one end of the interconnect cable to the appropriate port on the side or back of the computer and the other. to the corresponding port on the back of the TV.
- Each port on the TV is clearly labeled with its function, so there should be no problem finding the correct port. Turn on Sony.
- Press the AV or EXT button on the TV remote control until the PC output appears on the TV screen.
- If your display is stretched or cropped around the edges, you will need to select resolution settings on your computer.
- To configure the settings for displaying PC on TV, you must click the “Start” button on the taskbar on the desktop, go to the “Control Panel”, and then select the “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- Click on the “Adjust Screen Resolution” function and select your preferred resolution from the drop-down menu.
- Experiment with different resolutions until you find a setting that displays correctly on Sony.
- Click the “Apply” button to confirm and save the settings.
Duplication of the Samsung screen, PC screens, smartphones of other mobile devices is carried out using the Screen Mirroring function, which is present on Samsung F, J, K, M-series TVs. If mobile devices or TVs do not have this function, then they use Smart View software for transmission, which works even with iOS. The screen mirroring procedure is the same as above.
Screen mirroring with HDMI
- Find the HDMI port, connect one end to your TV and the other. to PC.
- Turn on both devices and press “Enter” with the TV remote control.
- Select HDMI from options. You can now see your monitor on TV.
- you need to right-click on the speaker icon on the PC;
- select the following options in sequence: “Playback device” “Playback” tab “Digital output device (HDMI)” “Yes”.
As you can see, this method is easy, reliable and of high quality, but it has drawbacks caused by certain inconveniences for users due to the limited length of the cable, which can interfere, for example, with children playing in front of the TV.
Chromecast streaming device
Screen mirroring to TV. a very reliable and widely used method all over the world. It is a streaming device designed to connect your PC and any mobile gadgets from 2010 and up to your TV. You can use it to listen to your music or watch photos and online videos from sites like YouTube.
Chromecast connection sequence:
Casting an Image to a TV Using EZcast
- multimedia support: Miracast, DLNA, AirPlay for mobile devices and PC;
- highly integrated SoC (600 MHz);
- reliable in operation;
- compact, energy efficient, high-speed H.264 1080P Full HD;
- automatic channel selection;
- supports Wi-Fi module;
- USB TV port.
Screen mirroring to TV
It often happens that you need to duplicate the screen of your computer or mobile devices on your TV. For example, when you have photos and videos that you want to share with family or friends on a large modern screen. A few years ago, not everyone would have been able to cope with this difficult task, but today new technologies make it easy to solve it both for modern TVs and for more outdated models. To do this, you must first select the necessary computer devices and applications.
There are three most common ways to transfer images from an external screen to a TV:
- HDMI cable;
Screen mirroring using a Miracast adapter
There is a second way of transmitting images over the newer standard called Miracast, which will be especially useful for Windows 10 users. It is often referred to as “HDMI over Wi-Fi” because it allows various devices to connect using wireless networks. First applied in Windows 8.1 and later. Almost all laptops and modernized operating systems use this technology. Miracast is able to play not only HD video on the TV, but also display all the current actions of the monitor.
Miracast connection sequence:
- Go to computer settings and click “Devices”.
- Then go to the “Connected devices” tab and click “Add device”.
- Wait for the computer to finish detecting the device from the available options and click on the TV icon.
- If the computer does not automatically connect to the TV, right-click and select Display Settings, set multiple displays in the Duplicate These Displays tab, and then click Connect to Wireless Display.
- After detecting the TV, press the “Connect” button to display the PC on the TV receiver.
- While this gadget can be considered a breakthrough in terms of connectivity, it has one drawback as it cannot detect some TV models.
Unhappy with Screen Mirroring with Miracast? Here’s another wireless solution. device for transferring media content to TV EZcast.
Transfer video to TV via Wi-Fi
Screen mirroring is easily feasible, if the mobile device and the TV are made by the same manufacturer, it is likely that they will have a “screen mirroring” function (or something similar) on both devices. This will allow you to immediately see everything on your smartphone on TV without any hassle. If the devices are released by different manufacturers, then you need to enable the DLNA (Wi-Fi Direct) function on the TV and download the DLNA application to the smartphone via GooglePlay.
You can use the pretty good AllCast app (free for iOS and Android). For those with an AppleTV, iPhone, or iPad, it is possible to connect via the AirPlay app to share with TV. Older brands of TV and mobile equipment do not have such built-in functions, so you will have to use special adapters Chromecast, Miracast and EZcast.
How to connect iPhone to DEXP TV?
The wiring diagram is very simple: plug one end of the HDMI / VGA cable into the TV and the other into the Apple Device Adapter, then plug the iPhone into the adapter. You can also connect a charger to the second Lightning connector so that the battery does not run out during operation.
How to enable screen repeat?
How to set up Android screencast
- Make sure your tablet or mobile is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast.
- Launch the Google Home app.
- Select device.
- Tap Cast Screen Cast Screen.
How to connect to a Samsung TV?
If you are using a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, swipe down from the top of the screen and turn on Smart View or Screen Mirroring from the menu. After that, a connection will be established between the mobile phone and the TV.
How to Mirror iPhone Screen to Samsung TV?
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV
- Connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi.
- On the remote for TV, press the “Source” button.
- Select “Mirroring”, “Screen mirroring” or similar item from the list.
- Open the switch shade (Control Center) on iPhone.
- Select the Screen Repeat option.
How to duplicate iPhone screen to MacBook?
On your iPhone, open Control Center and turn on Screen Repeat. Select the device named after your Mac. A code will appear on the Mac OS screen, enter it on the iPhone. Immediately after that, the image from the iPhone screen will begin to transfer to the computer screen or Mac laptop.
How to enable AirPlay on MacBook?
Click the AirPlay status icon in the menu bar, then select your Apple TV. When the AirPlay monitor is active, the icon is displayed in blue. In some cases, the AirPlay monitor can be used with your MacBook Air even if it is not connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV.
Screen Mirroring with All TV
One of the simple applications that will help you transfer the screen contents of your Android device to your TV.
To start mirroring your phone monitor, check the TV and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Then press the “Start” button and the search for devices available for signal transmission will begin.
In addition to the TV, other devices, such as a laptop, may appear in the list. Accordingly, you can also duplicate the screen on it.
Castto. mirroring your phone screen to TV
Castto is an excellent screen mirroring app from Android phone to TV. The application comes with many useful features that can be used by its users.
It has an excellent search for nearby devices, so connecting to your Smart TV is very easy. The connection will be made via a secure connection and will protect your data on your smartphone.
Unlimited smartphone-to-TV streaming lets you watch videos, movies, photos and apps on your TV.
To transfer data from the phone screen to the TV, you must:
- Download to your Android phone or tablet from the Google Play Store. You need to install the correct app called Screen Mirroring, Cast Phone to TV-Castto.
- Your devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In the TV settings, activate the Miracast Display function, and on the phone, launch Wireless Display.
- Press the select button, after which the application will show all nearby devices to which you can connect.
- Choose a TV to connect and give permission when connecting directly to it using the remote control.
The devices are synchronized and you can enjoy watching on the big screen TV.
You can see all the work that is being done on the screen, whether it is moving the home screen or opening an application.
You can go to your game apps and play while looking at the TV screen.
Show your photos on the big screen for the whole family or stream a movie.
Due to the fact that the menu has several languages, the application can be used in different regions. It supports English, Portuguese, French and Spanish. Choose your language before using the app.
Works with any Samsung, LG, Sony, Philips TV.
How to mirror your phone or tablet screen to your TV screen
In order to mirror your phone screen to your smart TV, a technology called screen mirroring is available.
It allows you to watch movies and play games in high definition on our TVs using your smartphone. Find out how it works below.
Here we will talk about the best apps to mirror Android screen images to Smart TV using Screen Mirroring technology.
Screen Mirroring is a technique that allows you to mirror content from the screen of your smartphone, tablet or computer to another device. It is a useful technology that helps users with everyday tasks. play games, stream movies, video conferencing on large screens.
All of the presented applications for mirroring the phone screen include the functions of simple connection to another device through this technology.
What is the best screen mirroring app?
SecondScreen. screen mirroring for Android
This application is designed for advanced users who often use the screen mirroring function to other devices.
It allows you to change the resolution and density of the picture on your device so that it best matches the resolution of a large TV or monitor screen.
SecondScreen also includes sweep support in newer Android versions and the ability to lock screen rotation.
In the application, you can create several profiles with different names and customize for different types of monitors.
To create a profile for a specific monitor, you need to press the plus button and confirm.
Further, by going to the profile settings, you can change:
- edges (overscan settings)
- screen orientation
For gamers, changing the screen resolution and density will give better gaming performance on weaker devices.
Using any of these applications, you can quickly transfer a high-quality picture to a TV or other monitor.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV?
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV
- Connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi.
- On the remote for TV, press the “Source” button.
- Select “Mirroring”, “Screen mirroring” or similar item from the list.
- Open the switch shade (Control Center) on iPhone.
- Select the Screen Repeat option.
How to connect iPhone to TV as a USB flash drive?
- Insert the micro USB connector into the phone connector, its specific configuration depends on the smartphone model.
- Connect the USB connector to the TV port.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main settings menu.
- Wait for the sync to complete, then you can start using the device.
How to connect your phone to a TV via Bluetooth?
- Open network settings on your TV and turn on Miracast.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings → Display → Wireless Monitor and enable the.
- Select your TV from the list of found Miracast devices.
- The image from the smartphone will appear on the TV screen immediately after connection.
How to Display iPhone Screen on LG TV?
- Install the free LG Smart Share app on your TV.
- Install the Twonky Beam app on your iOS device.
- Check the box “show or hide the visual indicators at the edge of the screen”.
- Select the video file you want to output from your smartphone to the big screen of your LG TV.
How to connect to TV from iPhone?
How to connect iPhone to TV via AppleTV?
- Make sure Apple TV and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Control Center on iPhone.
- Click on the “Screen Repeat” button.
- Select your Apple TV from the list of output devices.
How to connect iPad to TV via Wi-Fi?
Connecting iPad to TV via AirPlay without a router
- Enter the basic settings of the tablet and in the “Modem Mode” item, move the activation slider to the right.
- Enter the password for accessing the created Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the main settings of the Apple TV set-top box, enter the access password and connect it to the created Wi-Fi network.
How to Stream from iPhone to Android TV?
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV.
- Open Control Center:…
- Click Screen Repeat.
- Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV from the list.
Wireless connection via DLNA
The image and video from the iphone, videos from YouTube, music played can be transmitted to the TV via the wireless WI-FI network. You can even play games through a newfangled device on a large TV screen. The process is controlled from the phone, and all actions are duplicated on the TV.
Of course, this method of transferring multimedia content is considered one of the simplest, since the whole process consists in pressing several buttons on the gadget display. But apart from the mobile device, the TV must also meet certain characteristics. In the absence of the possibility of connecting the TV panel to a wireless network, you will need to resort to additional equipment or special adapters.
To create a home network using DLNA technology, 2 conditions must be met.
- The main thing is that the TV on which you plan to play the video is equipped with support for working with a WI-FI connection.
- Also, the phone and TV equipment must be connected to the same router.
If the above conditions are met, you can start installing additional applications for work. they can be downloaded for free in the App Store. Wireless networking software helps you transfer data from your phone to your TV. You can choose from several popular utilities: TV Assist. ImediaShare, Flipps, iMediaShare, Belkin MediaPlay. Of course, using the free versions, the user will have to watch constantly flashing ads, which will have to be closed. However, compared with all the advantages, this is an insignificant disadvantage.
After installing additional software, you need to carry out a simple setup. After launching the application, in the appropriate paragraph, select the tab with devices connected to the network and mark your TV. As a rule, the TV brand or model name is always displayed.
Many similar programs for the iPhone assume support for various services YouTube, Vimeo. FoxNews, built-in internet browser. Therefore, you can broadcast video not only from the phone’s memory or the cloud, but also directly from the Internet.
To synchronize devices, you must also allow access from a mobile gadget through the TV interface. You can now play video on iPhone and stream it to the big screen.
Such applications also have additional features. For example, they turn a gadget into a remote control (this will help in case your TV remote control does not work). In TV Assist, paint enthusiasts can experiment with the Paint tab. While drawing on the phone, the image also appears on the TV screen.
Amazon consoles were not very common in the Russian market, but after the release of devices with a Russified interface, the situation began to change. The FireTV is connected to the TV via HDMI output. Next, on the TV, the power source (used connector) is selected, and the set-top box is configured. This is a standard and simple procedure, you just need to follow the steps that appear on the screen.
Important! Controlling the set-top box from Amazon is more convenient through the proprietary voice assistant Alexa. By installing it on a set-top box, you can perform most of the actions by voice requests. the control panel has a built-in microphone.
To connect an Apple smartphone to a TV via FireTV, all devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Further, in the settings of the STB in the “Devices” item, scanning is enabled. In the list that appears, you need to select the required gadget. After pairing, you can use it as an external memory or simply duplicate a picture from it. Amazon console hardware allows you to stream online videos in high quality without delays.
Smart set-top box AppleTV
In case the TV does not have AirPlay support, or it does not have Smart functions to pair it with an iPhone, you will need an AppleTV set-top box. It is equipped with its own processor, memory, Wi-Fi module and OS. They allow you to use the TV to which it is connected as a SmartTV.
Advice! It is recommended that you update the OS on all devices before pairing your Apple iPhone and TV using an American brand set-top box. This will avoid sync problems.
To connect a mobile phone to TV via AppleTV, follow these steps.
- The set-top box and smartphone connect to the same wireless network.
- In the AppleTV settings, you need to open the “devices” item and find the device with which you want to connect.
- In the appeared pairing window, you must give consent.
- A window appears on the TV screen with a code that must be entered on the iPhone. If in the future such a connection will be carried out often, then the password request can be disabled on the STB settings.
After the connection is established, you can check its performance by running a video on your smartphone. it should be automatically duplicated on TV.
Helpful advice! By installing the AppleTV Remote app on your phone, you can use it instead of the remote control. This is convenient not only for standard switching of channels or volume, but also for entering text when using Smart functions of the set-top box. the keyboard will be displayed on the smartphone.
Ways to connect Iphone to TV
Synchronization of these devices for video transmission and image transmission using a cable is possible in the following ways.
- Via HDMI cable or composite connector. If the TV does not have the ability to connect to a wireless network, this is the most budgetary option for how to transfer media content.
- Using proprietary AirPlay technology.
- Via an optional Apple TV set-top box. Thanks to this device, even the simplest modern TV without Smart TV can be turned into a powerful multimedia center. Of course, purchasing such a media player just for the purpose of broadcasting video from the iphone to the TV is not rational. If the user’s goal is not only to connect a gadget, but also to equip his TV with other useful functions, it is worth thinking about such TV equipment. The choice here is not limited only to “apple” technology: Smart TV set-top boxes are offered by many manufacturers.
- Via wireless DLNA connections. If the TV has the function of connecting via WI-FI, then the synchronization issue can be solved without additional equipment. It will be enough to install a free application on your gadget and connect to TV.
- Via Chromecast device. This is a small digital media player from Google. Using it, you can also connect the iPad to the TV.
The creation of this technology has led to the ability to transmit any information, play online video and duplicate the iPhone screen on the TV.
An important requirement for providing such a connection is the presence of support for the TV function. If it is not provided, then you can use the AppleTV console or analogs, their capabilities are described in detail below.
Connect iPhone to TV using AirPlay as follows:
- device and TV are connected to the same wireless network;
- with a swipe down, you need to open the shutter and find an item in quick access. screen duplication;
- in the window that opens, find the Smart TV with which you are pairing;
- after selecting TV, a window with a password will appear on its screen, which must be entered on a mobile phone.
To disable duplication, just open the shutter again and tap the AirPlay function button once.
Five ways to output video from Iphone to TV
Modern technical devices open up great opportunities for users: for example, having understood how to display video footage from an iPhone on a TV, you can easily turn your gadget into a mobile cinema. Transferring images and videos from the Iphone is available in various ways, and it is not at all necessary to purchase additional equipment. Modern mobile devices have essential built-in functions.
The RokuTV is modest in size and connects via HDMI. The latest models have 4K video support, and the ease of setup makes the device popular with users. Minus. bad interface russification.
For switching, the iPhone and the set-top box are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. SmartBox will automatically detect all devices within sight. select the one you need and perform pairing. Automatic display of the picture from the iPhone to the TV starts.
Advice! For more detailed customization, it is recommended to install the RokuTV application on the phone. it is in the AppStore.
How to connect iphone to TV via HDMI cable or analog jack
Apple’s mobile gadgets use a proprietary connector. Depending on the models, this is 30-pin, as in the iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod touch (4th generation), or Lightning 8-pin, starting with the iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th generation. A large number of various accessories are produced for such standards, including the Digital AV Adapter. a digital adapter that allows you to duplicate digital content from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a TV screen. It has an HDMI interface, which is available on most modern LCD TVs. To connect a mobile device to a widescreen panel using such an accessory, an HDMI cable is required, which is also sold separately.
In the absence of the possibility of transferring video from the iphone via HDMI to the TV, a composite or component cable can help. This is a standard that is simply called “tulip”. This option is suitable for television equipment that has an analog connector. In this case, you need to purchase a Composite or Component AV cable from Apple as an adapter for your mobile device, respectively.
Instructions for connecting iPhone to TV via cable.
- Connecting the adapter to the phone.
- Connecting HDMI, Composite or Component Cable to TV.
- Turning on the TV and switching it to the corresponding input signal mode.
- After everything is connected, it is easy to display the video from the iPhone on the TV screen. you just need to play the video on your mobile device.
Thus, you can not only broadcast video in HD-format with a resolution of up to 1080p. (for Lightning), but also image, music, presentations, view applications, Internet resources, etc.
It is worth noting here that the analog and 30-pin connectors for early versions do not support Full HD video transmission.
Ways to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV Wirelessly
Apple device owners are increasingly interested in how to connect their iPhone to a Samsung TV. There are two such methods in total. wireless and cable. Let’s describe what is required for this, as well as what advantages and disadvantages each of the synchronization methods has.
As a final point, we note that the choice of the screen mirroring method depends on a number of TV parameters, as well as personal capabilities.
The table contains all the information on the above methods.
Based on the analysis of the table, we conclude that the most relevant methods are the connection using Apple TV, HDMI and direct WI-FI connection with work through a pre-installed application.
Apple TV box
Apple TV is a piece of equipment for iOS devices that streams 4K to TV screens. Has built-in Screen Mirroring function. Connects to the monitor using an HDMI cable with a lightning port (auto charging).
Before connecting to a smartphone, the set-top box is configured according to the instructions. The kit already has a remote control and a cable. No additional sync apps required.
- Connect Apple TV and Samsung with a cable;
- Download AirPlay to the phone to directly connect to the controls;
- Connect the set-top box and phone to Wi-Fi;
- Swipe up from the bottom of the iPhone screen (iOS 11.0) to load the control point menu. For all other iPhone versions, enable the AirPlay app to mirror your screen and view any files;
- Select the “Screen Repeat” button;
- From the list of devices, click on the prefix (model name);
- A code (4 digits) appears on the display screen. It is entered into the field that opens on the iPhone. The devices are paired once (before the settings are reset);
- To exit full-length broadcasting, they ask for the “Control Center” on the smartphone and turn off the repeat.
This method allows you to perform any actions on a smartphone with full display on an external monitor (browser, applications, gallery).
If there is no way to purchase Apple equipment, they use the second option. The main task is to set up Wi-Fi transfer from Samsung to iPhone. This requires a specific TV model or a universal adapter that adjusts Wi-Fi connection for any Samsung models.
- Connect the TV to the adapter cable or set the access point to TV (with Miracast);
- Connect the iPhone to the created access point that distributes Wi-Fi;
- Pull the screen curtain down, click on the screen repeat. The wireless display starts broadcasting to the TV;
- Download the EZMira application, which adjusts the individual parameters of playback and picture quality.
An overview of the possibilities is given in the following
Important! You don’t need to have a Samsung Smart TV to connect any iPhone to a Samsung TV. Miracast adapter (with AirPlay) duplicates the screen to a large monitor. Everything that happens on the iPhone is visible on Samsung. DLNA adapters only support the transfer (playback) of files from the gallery, because not designed to work with AirPlay.
Analog cables are the most affordable alternative for iPhone users. High quality cannot be achieved without an adapter. he is the cheapest.
- Composite (bells). One end is pulled to the TV, the other to the smartphone. On TV, they include reception via AV, on the iPhone. mirroring (settings);
- Component (tulips). Used for iPhone versions above the fourth. The essence of the connection is identical;
- VGA. VGA Lightning adapter (Apple) required. Suitable for models not lower than 5 iOS.
Important! The longer the cable, the more convenient the mirroring option is. Check availability (4-5 m) before buying. After connecting to the TV, they put the signal source. from the iPhone. Additionally connect the lightning charger to the adapter or phone.
All budget Samsung models, old iPhones, as well as in the case of connecting via DNLA, require the installation of additional applications for displaying images on the screen. You need to download them on the App Store.
- TV Assist;
- AllShare TV-Cast (installed on both devices from Appstore and SamsungApps);
- Twonky Beam;
- Smart View;
- Samsung Smart View (for “Smart” TV).
The principle of connecting to a TV is to synchronize the telephone network and additional equipment. a set-top box or adapter (“smart” TV). Further, the application installed on the iPhone is turned on in the “TV” mode (by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner). The next step is to select devices for playback (TV, set-top box). After simple (intuitive) settings, they proceed to view the required files. An overview of the features of the popular iMediaShare and Flipps is given in this video:
Experienced users know that the iphone is connected to a modern Samsung TV via the AirPlay service protocol and does not require additional software. However, in the absence of an Apple set-top box or modest TV functionality (the wrong model), the owners of iOS devices have to resort to other “assistants”. special applications that duplicate the screen, as well as buy adapters or Wi-Fi adapters.
Mirroring iPhone screen to TV via Wi-Fi is the easiest way to sync devices. This method allows you not only to broadcast online content from your phone wirelessly, but also to view any files from the device’s memory.
If Wi-Fi is connected to Smart TV (built-in), videos are viewed on the TV using the YouTube app. To do this, connect the iPhone and TV to the same network, press the play button from the phone. Next, they click on the AirPlay icon built into YouTube (the combined image icon with Wi-Fi). The broadcast is automatically duplicated on the TV screen. Those. additional settings are not required to show videos online from a smartphone.
Consider the cases when the user needs to show photo, video, audio files, watch movies or play games. Any Smart TV (with the Internet) is suitable for this, as well as models from budget lines. The difference in connection lies in the equipment used (adapter, set-top box), which is responsible for synchronizing the picture.
The method is used only for viewing some files from the phone, such as photos, documents or videos. The USB connector connected to the device does not support video transmission and flash playback in online streaming mode.
For connection use USB complete with lightning or 30-pin digital AV Adapter (Apple). After establishing the connection, go to the “Files” folder and select the desired file. If none of the connection types work (if any), go to other methods.