Displaying the Home button on the iPhone screen. where and how
Using the instructions below, you will be able to display a virtual button on the display:
- Launch the standard Settings application and select. Basic
- Looking for. Universal Access
- Choosing. AssistiveTouch
- Turning on the green marker. AssistiveTouch
We just put the Home button on the iPhone screen, now you can drag it to any edge or corner of the display, thus placing it in a convenient place for you.
Virtual Home button on iPhone screen
Sometimes you can see a virtual Home button on the screen of iPhones and iPads. This button is called AssistiveTouch, it is an auxiliary element of the iOS operating system. Often used as a replacement for the physical Home button and other iPhone buttons. Looks like a white circle in a dark square with oval corners.
When this virtual button is turned on and used on the screen:
- Used by people with disabilities.
- If one of the physical buttons located on the iPhone body fails or starts to junk, then this button is often turned on, and thus displayed on the iPhone display.
- After the physical button was repaired in a service center, or made in a workshop, then out of habit, some people continue to use the Home button added to the screen.
- There are people who install an on-screen button on the iPhone, just for convenience, for example, it is more convenient for someone to remove the Control Center (to quickly turn on the Internet), some use this AssistiveTouch to soft restart the iPhone, etc. In general, until you try it yourself, you will not understand whether you need it.
- Wouldn’t be surprised if someone just doesn’t want to expose normal buttons to wear.
What is Assistive Touch. Which iPhone models support
The ability to bring the Home button to the screen, first appeared in the iOS 5 firmware, accordingly, based on this post, it becomes clear that you can make a virtual button on the screen in the following models:
- iPhone 3gs
- iPhone 4, 4s
- iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 5se
- iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus
- iPhone 7, 7s, 7 Plus
- iPhone 8, 8s, 8 Plus
- iPhone X (especially relevant)
- Other new models
Once the Home button is on the screen, you need to know the basics of how to use it. In standby mode, the button is translucent, when dragged and used, it darkens, when you press on the screen. 3D Touch (not in all iPhone models) increases in size.
After switching on, press the Home button on the screen, a widget with substitutes for physical buttons and icons with additional features will appear, by climbing on them you can select the necessary functions, we managed to rotate the screen to its normal position. How to customize your personal widget and other settings, see here. Setting up AssistiveTouch.
Now you know what Assistive Touch is.
How to remove virtual button from iPhone screen
Some iPhone owners with a button pulled out on the display cannot turn it off and can only solve the problem by completely resetting or flashing iOS in iTunes. But if you don’t need the button on the screen, you don’t use its functions, then this button can be disabled in the AssistiveTouch settings:
- Settings. General. Accessibility. AssistiveTouch. turn off the AssistiveTouch switch
The button will no longer appear on the iPhone screen.
How to display the Home button on the iPhone screen
The breakdown of the Home button is not a common phenomenon, however, when this happens, the user is practically deprived of the opportunity to fully use his iPhone. Indeed, without this button, it is impossible to return to the home screen, close applications, switch between running applications and perform many other operations.
The surest solution in such a situation is to contact the service center. But, there is not always time and money to repair your favorite gadget. Sometimes you need a phone right now, but it doesn’t actually work. In such a case, there is a temporary solution. You can bring the Home button to the iPhone screen and press it using the touchscreen.
You can use this method on any iPhone model that has been updated to iOS 5 or later. And these are such models as iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s, 7, 8 and iPhone X.
How to enable Home button on iPhone screen
If you want to display the Home button on the screen of your iPhone, then for this you need to go to the settings and turn on the “Assistive Touch” function there. To do this, open the “Settings” application and go to the “General” section.
Next, you need to open the subsection “Universal Access”.
And go to the settings of the “Assistive Touch” function.
Here, at the very top of the screen, you need to activate the switch, which is responsible for turning off and on the “Assistive Touch” function.
After enabling the “Assistive Touch” function, a floating round button should appear on the screen, which will look something like the screenshot below.
The appearance of this button means that the “Assistive Touch” function is enabled and can now be used to control the iPhone without using hardware buttons, such as the Home button.
How to press the Home button on the iPhone screen
Now, a few words about how to press the Home button using the iPhone screen. To do this, you need to click on the floating button of the “Assistive Touch” function. As a result, a menu of several items should appear on the screen. Among other things, there will be a Home button. Click on it and your iPhone will react as if you pressed a hardware button on the body of the device.
If suddenly your menu does not have a Home button, then return to iPhone Settings and open the section “General. Accessibility. Assistive Touch. Top Level Menu”.
Here you can customize which options are available in the Assistive Touch menu. To add a Home button, click on any of the available options.
And in the list that opens, select the “Home” button.
Here you can also reset the “Assistive Touch” settings or increase the number of available options.
What else you can do with Assistive Touch
Assistive Touch is a feature designed primarily for people with disabilities. As already mentioned, with its help, you can display the Home button on the iPhone screen and press it without using a real hardware button on the case. But apart from this, “Assistive Touch” provides a lot of other possibilities. For example, you can use it to:
- Open the list of notifications or Control Center;
- Emulate the use of gestures and device shaking;
- Control the sound volume;
- Enable screen lock;
- Turn on screen rotation or orientation lock;
- Take screenshots;
- Manage multitasking;
- Use the camera as a magnifying glass;
How to set home button on iPhone screen
Setting up a virtual Home button does not take much time. Follow these guidelines, which include:
- Go to the “Settings” menu, then select the “General” item, then go to “Universal Access”;
- Select the Assistive Touch item and enable the virtual button using the slider, which will turn green;
- Now the shortcut we need has appeared on the screen, which will allow us to use all the necessary functions. Assistive Touch also allows you to move the button to a convenient location on the iPhone screen.
How to display the Home button on the iPhone screen
Sometimes iPhone and iPad users need a virtual home button. This button is called Assistive Touch. As an accessory to the iOS OS, it often comes to the rescue when the physical Home button or some other button fails.
This tool is used in such cases as:
- The owner of the gadget is a person with disabilities;
- There is a problem with any button on the case (in most cases, such incidents occur with the Home button);
- After the repair of the physical button, the owner of the iPhone or iPad already uses Assistive Touch out of habit;
- Some people put a virtual Home button on the screen for convenience, someone prefers to quickly go to the Control Center in this way or use it for a soft reboot of the system, this is a matter of taste;
- There are cases when the user uses a virtual button in order to avoid wear and tear on regular buttons.
How do I use Assistive Touch? Which iPhone models support this feature?
The system allows you to customize the home button in versions of iPhone from 3gs up to iPhone X.
When the Home button is activated, you should familiarize yourself with its basic functionality. In rest mode, it is translucent, and when dragged, it becomes noticeably darker, thereby allowing the user not to pay attention to it in moments when there is no need for it.
If you click on Assistive Touch, a window will appear with all its functionality, among which you can select the most necessary.
How to remove the virtual Home button from the iPhone or iPad screen
Sometimes the user of an apple gadget can get confused and instead of disabling this function in the settings menu, he decides to completely reset the settings or is completely flashing iOS. To disable the Home button, you need to take the following simple steps:
- Go to the “Settings” menu, select the “General” item;
- We select “Universal access, then” Assistive Touch “, after which we disable this function using the slider, which, when deactivated, will turn gray.
- From now on, the Home button is missing on the screen of your iPhone.
How to display the Home button on the iPhone screen?
Until the user goes to the workshop to repair the broken Home button, he can control the device using software emulation of this key. The virtual Home button is very convenient and will definitely not fail.
On iPhones, there is only one physical navigation button. the Home button, which is located in the middle below the screen. This key allows you to minimize applications, call the virtual assistant Siri and perform many other necessary actions. It becomes almost impossible to control a gadget without the “Home” button. but what if it is out of order??
Fortunately, Apple has provided the ability to display the Home button on the iPhone screen. You will learn how to do this by reading this article.
How to set up quick access to “Assistive Touch”?
You can adjust your iPhone so you don’t have to navigate through the settings to launch Assistive Touch. Here’s how to do it:
Go to the “Accessibility” section in the main settings of the gadget and scroll the screen to the very end. Below you will see the subsection “Keyboard shortcuts”.
In the subsection “Keyboard shortcuts” check the box next to “AssistiveTouch”.
After that, you can call the “Assistive Touch” menu launch button by triple pressing the physical “Home” key and hide it in the same way.
How to enable “Assistive Touch”?
Assistive Touch enables you to display the Home button on your iPhone. This function is intended for people with disabilities, however, owners of gadgets with faulty physical keys use it more often.
The Assistive Touch function is especially popular among Chinese users. in the Middle Kingdom, almost half of iPhones are controlled “from the screen”. Practical Chinese argue that this method of control is not only more convenient, but also prevents wear and tear on the physical buttons.
How do you set up Assistive Touch? It is enough to perform a few steps:
Go to “Settings” and follow the path “General”. “Accessibility”.
In the “Accessibility” section, find the “Interaction” block. It will have a subsection “Assistive Touch”. go to it.
Toggle the Assistive Touch slider to the active position.
A translucent square with a white circle inside will appear on the screen. the menu launch button.
This means that the “Assistive Touch” function is activated and you can control the gadget without resorting to physical keys.
“Assistive Touch” can be enabled on any Apple device with iOS version higher than 5.0.
How to use Assistive Touch?
First of all, you need to place the function menu start button in a convenient place. You can move it along the screen frames by holding it with your finger. You can’t place a key in the center of the screen.
iPhone 6s: How To Enable Touch Screen Home Button on iPhone (Assistive Touch)
Having decided on the location of the button, click on it. You will see a menu like this:
At the bottom of the menu there is a virtual Home button displayed on the screen. The functionality of the virtual button is 100% consistent with the functionality of the physical one. in particular, a long press on it will launch Siri.
There are other options in the Assistive Touch main menu:
Notification Center. allows you to call the screen with notifications. The traditional way to bring up this screen is by swiping from top to bottom. Voice control is another way to “wake up” Siri. Control Center. Allows you to display a menu for quick control of some of the iPhone’s functions. Pressing this key actually replaces the bottom-up swipe. Favorites. Through “Favorites”, you can activate gestures that the user has created independently. To start creating a new gesture, go to “Favorites” and click on any of the squares with a “” inside.
Also in the main menu “Assistive Touch” there is a button “Apparatus”. By clicking on it, you will be taken to a submenu, where you will find on-screen keys that allow you to perform actions such as locking / rotating the screen and changing the volume of the device.
With the help of “Assistive Touch” you can even take a picture of the iPhone screen. for this, in the function menu, go along the path “Apparatus”. “” and click on the “Screenshot” button. Only static images should be photographed in this way, because the on-screen element is triggered with a significant delay.
On devices running iOS 9, the “Assistive Touch” main menu is customizable. In particular, users are able to increase the number of icons in the main menu to 8 pieces.
How to remove the Home button from the iPhone screen?
Deactivation of the “Assistive Touch” function is performed in the same way as activation. You just need to follow on the iPhone along the path “Settings”. “General”. “Accessibility”. “Assistive Touch” and switch the toggle switch of the same name to the inactive position.
The square with a white circle inside will disappear from the screen.
Although the virtual button “Assistive Touch” can completely replace the physical button “Home”, this does not mean that you can wait to repair the device. If the gadget is under warranty, the user should go to the service center immediately. otherwise he runs the risk of saying goodbye altogether to the hope of free elimination of the defect.
Turn off iPhone using Assistive Touch
Within the framework of this manual, we will get acquainted with the method of turning off an iOS device without using the “Power” button using the Assistive Touch function.
- Tap on the Assistive Touch menu icon;
- In the menu of this function, “tap” on the “Apparatus” icon, and then a long “tap” (touch the screen of the device and do not lift your finger) on “Screen lock” wait for the “Turn off” and “Cancel” buttons to appear;
- And then everything is like when you turn off the iPhone in normal mode, make a “swipe right” on the “Turn off” button. The device will start to turn off;
- How can you then turn it on if the shutdown button is not working properly? Just connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and it will turn on normally.
How to Restart iPhone to Normal Mode?
All iPhones before iPhone 7
For iPhone 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus, 5, 5S, 5C, SE, 4S and all previously released, you need to press the Home and Power buttons:
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds (approximately). The iPhone display will go blank completely.
- Release both buttons. If after that the Apple logo does not appear on the screen, briefly press the power button. iPhone will start downloading normally.
iPhone 7 and later
On iPhones that were released after the iPhone 7, the Home button was made touch-sensitive. If the iOS operating system is frozen, then pressing the sensor will not work. They made another emergency reboot method for them:
- Press the power button and volume down button at the same time. Do not release and hold for about 6 seconds.
This method allows you to forcibly restart your iPhone or iPad when a software failure occurs. We advise you to use this procedure in case of emergency, and if you can get by with the remaining 2 methods, use them. Leave this one as a last resort.
The third and final method of restarting an iPhone is only effective during normal operation of the iOS device, when the touch display responds to touch and the device performs the necessary operations, but the shutdown button is damaged or does not work.
Force restart iPhone
The forced reboot method will differ depending on the model.
Activating Assistive Touch
- Scroll to the bottom of the accessibility settings page and in the “Interaction” section select “Assistive Touch”;
- In the next settings window, move the activation slider opposite “Assistive Touch” to the “Enabled” position (colored green). A semi-transparent button appears on the iPhone screen.
- Touch the iPhone touch screen within this button (this gesture is called “Tap”). A window with available Assistive Touch options will appear on the screen.
How to restart iPhone from any state?
At least once, but every owner of an iPhone or any other iOS device faced software glitches when the device stops responding to touching the screen and pressing mechanical control buttons (Home and Power). What to do if iPhone freezes and refuses to obey elementary commands? In today’s instructions, we will introduce you, dear readers, with 3 ways to restart your iPhone from any state.
How to restart iPhone 6
There are two methods to restart your iPhone 6.
The first one is designed to reboot the smartphone when it is in working order:
- you need to hold the power button for three seconds;
- select the “Restart” button on the display;
- wait while the smartphone performs these actions.
Then the iPhone 6 will reboot itself, the user does not need to do anything else.
If the smartphone is frozen, then an emergency reboot will help:
- you need to press the “Include” button and hold it;
- press the “Home” button;
- hold down two keys for a couple of seconds;
- the smartphone will automatically shut down.
After the steps taken, it remains to wait until the apple appears on the display of the iPhone 6 and it turns on by itself.
How to restart iPhone 8
In order to restart the iPhone 8, you need to do some small manipulations:
- press the volume up button;
- at the same time press the “Home” key;
- wait until the display turns off.
After that, the iPhone 8 and its older versions are automatically activated.
You can use another method:
- you need to press the “Power” key and hold it for a couple of seconds;
- wait until the page appears where you need to click on the restart button.
Next, the iPhone 8 will reboot and start working in a completely normal and familiar mode.
How to restart iPhone 10
Even the Iphone 10 can freeze and in this case the user must restart their device. This can be done in two ways.
If the gadget does not work as usual, then you can restart your iPhone 10 as follows:
- hold down the “Power” key on the smartphone for a couple of seconds;
- on the smartphone, regardless of the open application, a window with a reboot will appear;
- you need to confirm the restart, after the smartphone will perform the necessary actions in automatic mode.
This is how the iPhone X reboots if it works.
If the smartphone is frozen, then you need to perform slightly different actions:
- you need to hold down the “Power” key and the “Volume control” key on the smartphone for a couple of seconds;
- the smartphone screen goes out, which indicates the success of the specified operation.
The iPhone X will restart and work normally, and freezes will disappear completely.
How to restart iPhone if the screen is not working
To restart iPhone if the screen does not work, you need to use Emergency Restart. Different versions of the iPhone do it differently.
If the user has an iPhone 6S and below, then you need to do the following:
- you need to simultaneously press the power button of the smartphone and the home key, doing this for 7-8 seconds;
- after the smartphone turns off completely, you need to release the keys;
- a bull’s eye should appear, which will be a signal that the smartphone is working in a standard state;
- if it does not appear, you need to hold down the power key and wait for the apple on the smartphone display.
This reboot method is called “Hard Reset” or “emergency reboot” and thus it works on any smartphone, up to iPhone 7. iPhones version 7 and higher received a touch-sensitive home button and such manipulations no longer work with it.
With them you need to do the following:
- you need to press the power key and the volume button. So you need to hold the keys for about 7-8 seconds;
- then an apple will appear on the smartphone display;
- if the apple does not appear, you need to hold down the power key.
This reboot method is relevant even for iPhone X and above, where the Home button has completely disappeared.
How to restart iPhone 7
iPhone 7. is the first smartphone from Apple that has slightly non-standard reboot methods. The home button is now touch-sensitive, so the reboot methods have changed.
If the smartphone is working normally, then the reboot can be done as follows:
- you need to hold the power button for a couple of seconds;
- a special window will appear in which you will need to press the restart key.
Now the smartphone will perform all the necessary actions on its own.
If the phone does not work, then you need to follow these steps to restart your iPhone 7:
- simultaneously press the “Volume Control” and “Home” keys;
- wait 5-7 seconds for the smartphone to reboot.
If the iPhone 7 refuses to turn on in this case, then after the actions taken, you need to hold down the “Power” key until the branded apple appears on the screen.
How to restart iPhone
The Apple phone, like any other smartphone, can freeze, which raises the question of how to restart the iPhone. On different iPhones, this is done in its own way, so it’s worth taking a closer look at specific models and ways to reboot them.
How to restart iPhone XR
The iPhone XR changed the way it allowed you to restart your smartphone. There is no Home key, and accordingly, you can reboot the device in another way. With this, the old reboot version still works.
To restart the iPhone XR, the user needs to follow these steps:
- press the “Power” button and hold it for ten seconds;
- a special window will appear, at the top of which you need to press the reboot key.
The iPhone XR will now reboot by turning off and on by itself. No further action is required. This method is relevant if the iPhone XR smartphone works as usual. However, even with Apple technology, strange freezes can occur, and in this case, this method of rebooting is ineffective for the user.
There is also a fallback that will allow you to restart your smartphone:
- you need to hold down the “Volume” and “Power” key for 10 seconds;
- the smartphone screen, if it worked, will go out, and after a couple of seconds an Apple Apple will appear.
This reboot is called “Hard reset” and is specifically designed to reboot the iPhone XR in case of unforeseen situations.
IPhone freezes reasons
iPhone can freeze for various reasons, here are the main ones:
- errors inside iOS. quite often, after system updates, the user encounters errors that lead to the freezing of the smartphone;
- poor quality software. some applications that are poorly optimized can cause the smartphone to freeze;
- outdated version of the smartphone. old smartphones from Apple can support the new iOS system, but there they can often freeze during operation;
- the smartphone’s memory is full;
- installed a variety of visual effects that older smartphones cannot support and freeze during operation.
These are the main reasons that can affect smartphone performance. If the iPhone is frozen, then it needs to be restarted in order to return it to working condition. Unfortunately, not every user knows how to do this.
“Warm” screen at night
To turn on a warm picture only in the evening, you can use the Night Shift function.
All current Apple gadgets starting with the iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 and iPod touch (6th generation) support the Night Shift feature. This option allows you to make the color temperature of the display warmer at night.
It is enough to go to Settings. Screen and brightness. Night Shift, enable a useful feature and specify the time period for the option to be triggered. Below you can adjust the comfortable shade.
Night Shift can be quickly turned on and off from the Control Center, you just need to hold your finger on the brightness adjustment slider and press the button of the same name to turn the mode on and off.
Always warm display
This method is suitable for those for whom the picture on the screen seems too blue or “cold” and wants a warmer color regardless of the lighting and time of day.
You can do this on any iPhone or iPad, just go to Settings. General. Accessibility. Display adaptation. Light filters. Here you need to turn on the filters with the main switch, select the Tint mode and adjust the intensity and hue with the sliders below.
Additionally, you can go to the Settings. General. Accessibility. Keyboard shortcuts section and check the Light filters item here. So a triple press on the Home button will quickly turn on and off the use of the light filter.
How to improve the colors on the screen of any iPhone
Every iPhone or iPad user has long been able to adjust the picture on the screen of his device and make it more comfortable for perception. To do this, the system has a number of options that work in different ways and are useful in different cases.
“Warm” picture depending on lighting
The most advanced Apple trick for adapting the color temperature of the display is the True Tone option (Settings. Display and brightness. True Tone). Available only on iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPad Pro (except 12.9 ″ 1st generation).
Thanks to the presence of a special sensor, the device independently evaluates the illumination around and adjusts the color temperature of the screen to the ambient light. I entered a room with yellow lamps. the screen also turned yellow, went out into the sunlight. the screen turned white.
This allows the user to always see the most comfortable picture for perception.
True Tone can be turned on and off in the same way as Night Shift: open the Control Panel, hold the brightness slider and click on the corresponding button.
On iPhone 7
For a 7th generation smartphone, the reboot process is slightly different from later models. The user needs to hold down the upper side key and hold it until the Apple logo appears.
Causes of screen problems on iPhone and iPad
- long response to application triggering. When the user taps on the program icon, it opens with a delay of a few seconds;
- non-uniform sensitivity of the screen surface. In some parts, the response to touch is instant, in others, on the contrary, there is a long delay;
- applications open on their own. If the user notices that programs are being opened without his participation, then the reasons lie in the violation of the sensitivity of the touch panel;
- in some cases, there is a lack of response to touching the screen. In this situation, most often the problem is in the sensor, and a complete replacement of the board is required;
- the jailbreak procedure was performed incorrectly. Owners of iOS devices resort to expanding the functionality of the phone using the firmware officially supported by the developers. If installed incorrectly, the screen may not respond to touch.
IPhone and iPad Screen Calibration. Touch Adaptation
IPhone users often need to calibrate their phone screen. The smartphone manufacturer does not integrate such a function into the standard settings of the device. Calibration may be required in cases where the sensor does not respond to touch or you need to open one application, but a completely different one is launched.
IPhone screen not responding to touch
If there is no reaction to touch, you need to find out why the problem occurred. First, you need to make an external examination to identify physical defects: cracks on the display, chips. It is also worth excluding the ingress of moisture into the phone case.
Note! In extreme cases, a hard reset of the device may be required.
For a hard reboot, you must adhere to the following algorithm of actions:
- Hold down the “Home” button. If it is not available on later models, the volume rocker is used.
- The keys are held for 15-20 seconds. The device will analyze the memory and perform a deep cleaning of the system.
If the hard reboot method did not help, then you can use the following methods to restore the screen to work:
- completely discharge the phone and wait for the automatic shutdown. Then fully charge the iPhone and turn on the device;
- recovery via iTunes. To do this, you need to connect the device to the computer, go to the program in the “Overview” tab and select the “Restore iPhone” option.
Important! If you restore via iTunes, the smartphone will return to factory settings. All files and app settings will be removed.
On different devices, the reasons for the lack of response to the sensor may be different. On older models, you can take advantage of touch adaptation. What is iPhone touch adaptation? This is a self-adjusting display response time.
IPhone 6 and earlier
On 6th generation Apple devices that use the Home button, troubleshoot display issues as follows:
- Required within 15-20 seconds. hold the “Home” button on the front of the smartphone.
- Then wait for the developer’s logo to appear and wait until the device is turned on. After that, you can check the performance of the sensor.
IPhone 8 and later
On iPhone 8 and Plus devices, you can perform a forced restart:
- You need to press and quickly release the volume up key and do the same with the volume down button.
- Next, you need to hold the side key for a few seconds and wait for the developer’s logo to appear on the smartphone screen.
The screen is too sensitive
How to check the sensor on iPhone if the screen sensitivity is high:
- physical damage to the screen;
- poor quality replacement of the factory display;
- conflicts with software.
Note! Screen chips or cracks can cause different areas of the display to respond unevenly to touch. Somewhere the sensitivity is too high, in other parts of the screen it is lower.
Damage to the display strongly affects the sensor
Poor replacement of the factory display may cause the sensor to become hypersensitive. If poor-quality components were used during the repair, then over time, pixels will fade, the color display level will drop and the sensitivity will be impaired.
If the software fails, you can solve the problem yourself. This requires a phone check based on the following criteria:
- reboot the smartphone. In some cases, this helps to solve the problem;
- disable Lightning and USB Type-C. Low-quality accessories can provoke display problems;
- remove the protective film or cover. Poor materials used in films and covers can reduce or increase display sensitivity.
Important! Additionally, it is worth checking if there are any gaps in the case, as a result of which moisture gets inside the smartphone.
Water inside the iPhone completely destroys it
If none of the methods are successful, you need to contact Apple Customer Support. Operators will consult the owner of the device and suggest further steps to solve the problem.
On models with Face ID
On iPad models with Face ID, a force restart is required if display issues:
- You need to hold down the volume up button and quickly release it.
- Then repeat the action with only the volume down button.
- Press the volume up again and wait for the device to reboot completely.
How to use the virtual Home button on the iPhone or iPad screen (Assistive Touch)
Click on the Assistive Touch button. You will see six icons. Notification Center, Hardware, Control Center, Home, Siri, and User.
As you might guess, clicking on each of them launches the corresponding action. going to the notification center, control point (there are a flashlight, calculator and other tools), simulation of pressing the physical button “Home” and so on.
How to enable the virtual Home button on the iPhone or iPad screen (Assistive Touch)
Open Settings → General → Accessibility → Assistive Touch (in order to quickly find it, scroll down the screen. By the way, check out how many useful things Apple has invented for people with various diseases!).
After that, a square button with rounded corners and a white circle with circles diverging from it in the center will appear in the lower right corner of the iPhone or iPad display. This is Assistive Touch. Now with its help you can also control your gadget.
If you have the Shortcut keys function active, you can turn Assistive Touch on or off on any screen (lock screen, Home screen, app) by triple-pressing the physical Home button. You can adjust the click speed by going to Accessibility → Home.
You can also activate Assistive Touch with a Siri voice prompt.
Home button on the iPhone screen, or how to turn on and use Assistive Touch
A few useful commands for the Assistive Touch virtual button
Machine → Screen Lock. lock the iPhone / iPad screen. If you hold the Screen Lock button for a few seconds, you turn off your device. If your power button is broken, it is better not to do this. you can turn on your smartphone or tablet only after connecting it to iTunes via a cable;
Machine → Off / On. sound. switch iPhone out of silent mode;
Apparatus → Louder / Quieter. decrease or increase the system volume;
Machine → → Screenshot. take a screenshot;
Apparatus → → Gestures. select the required number of fingers and bind a certain gesture to it (whatever you want. To create a gesture, you need to move the circles on the screen).
This is how Assistive Touch works on iOS devices. We sincerely wish you never use it. so that you have all good health, and the iPhone buttons work properly. If something happens to you or your favorite gadget, now you know what to do in order to simplify your life.
Home button on iPhone: where it is, how to display it, what to do if it doesn’t work
Modern smartphones are made with a minimum of buttons. and more preference is given to touch controls. Today you will be presented with the Home button on the iPhone. What is this control? What functions is he responsible for? Where is the button located? What if it stopped working? The answer to all these questions is much easier than it might seem at first glance. Even an inexperienced iPhone owner can figure them out.
If it doesn’t work
As already mentioned, the mentioned control is used constantly in practice. Therefore, sometimes the owners of “apple” products complain that the Home button refuses to perform its functions. Fortunately, Apple has made sure that all the controls on smartphones and tablets are robust enough. In most cases, breakdowns are repaired quickly and easily.
So, if you want to make the Home button on the iPhone work after some kind of failure, you must:
- Clean the control and lubricate it. It is best to use special lubricants and alcohol for this purpose.
- Calibrate the button. To do this, open any system application (say, a calendar), after which you must hold down the button to turn off the smartphone until the functional menu appears. Next, the Home button is clamped. Keep it until the menu disappears.
- Correct the position of the connector. The gadget is connected to a 30-pin cord, after which you need to lightly press the place where the wire is connected to the iPhone.
All of these tips will help bring the Home button back to life if a system crash has occurred. In case of hardware damage, the control element will have to be replaced. It is advisable to seek the help of specialists. They will replace the button without any problems and return it to work.
What can the Home button on iPhone be used for? It has a wide range of uses. There are several options for pressing the button. one, two and three. Depending on this, the command executed on the smartphone will change.
For example, on iPhone, using this button you can:
- unlock the device;
- close the program, application or game;
- go to Recovery Mode;
- launch widgets of a smartphone or tablet;
- activate one of the standard programs;
- open a menu showing multitasking applications (in the latest iOS versions);
- enable and use voice control (triple tap).
The first 4 points are the same for all iPhone models. The rest of the functionality depends on the installed operating system. Often, users themselves can set in the gadget settings, for which the “Home” button on the iPhone will be responsible. Therefore, it is difficult to say exactly why it is used. It is enough to remember that it is used to exit programs, unlock the device and switch to Recovery Mode.
What is the button
It is important to be aware of which mobile device control you are talking about. Home button on iPhone. this is one of the few keys that can interest the user. It is the most functional device control element.
It is noted that the Home button is used on a smartphone more often than others. It supports a variety of options. They will be discussed further. This control is mainly used to unlock the iPhone or to exit the game / program.
Location and Description
Where is the Home button on the iPhone? Every owner of the device should know about this. It’s not hard to guess what kind of smartphone control we are talking about. The studied button is located at the bottom of the gadget, on the front panel, under the screen. It is made of glass and has a round shape. The button itself usually has a small square, but it may not be. It all depends on the iPhone model. The control is present in any “apple” product.
Output on display
But there is one more trick. It will help you use the control you are learning without its physical form. The Home button on the iPhone screen is not uncommon. Every modern owner of “apple” products can display it and use it if necessary. This function is usually used on newer iOS. There is a special function for displaying a button on the screen. It’s called AssistiveTouch. It is suggested to enable it in a few clicks.
precisely, to display the Home button on the device display, you will have to:
- Open “Settings”. “Basic”. “Universal access”.
- Find AssistiveTouch. Click on this line.
- Move the function pointer to the “On” position.
This is the simplest and fastest solution for bringing your idea to life. A graphic image of the Home button will appear on the screen, which can be used along with the physical interpretation of the element. Nothing difficult, incomprehensible, or unusual. If the Home key is displayed, it can be dragged to any place convenient for the owner.