General instructions for other brands of TV
If Samsung does not have Skype, then the first two steps must be skipped.
- Delete the old version of the application.
- Disconnect the LCD panel from the power supply, wait for the lamp to go out, turn on the device again.
- Install a USB flash drive with an instyle Skype folder.
- Go to smartHub, start instyle Skype.
- Press the “ENTER” key on the remote control.
- Press the Exit button, go to the “MENU” section, check the “SYSTEM”. “GENERAL”. “INSTANT ON” function. if it is available, then disable.
- Disconnect the screen from the power supply, wait for the lamp to go out, remove the USB flash drive.
- Turn on the device, start the program.
To install Skype on another TV model, you need to do the same practical steps, the menu items may have a different name, as it depends on the manufacturer.
Is it possible now to install skype on Samsung Smart TV
Previously, in order to set up skype on a Samsung smart TV, it took a few minutes. The setup scheme looked like this:
- press “SMART HUB”, then the “A” key;
- in the window that appears, enter information for registration;
- then click on “ENTER”;
- then the program was automatically configured.
Skype on Samsung TVs with Smart TV function
Installing Skype for Samsung smart TV is a rather difficult task. Since 2016, the skype application has ceased to be available for most smart TVs. The official reason is the information that Microsoft, which is the developer of this program, has refused further cooperation with all brands producing “smart” TVs.
Installation depending on the TV model
Now installing Skype on Samsung Smart TVs is problematic, you need to find and download the necessary files (individual for each model):
Series E. Connect a USB flash drive to the switched off plasma panel, then turn on the TV, wait a minute. Then the SAMYCO icon should appear.
Series F. Insert the USB flash drive into the plasma panel, then go to the “ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS” tab, there should be an instay icon that you want to run. After a few seconds, the screen will display “OK” three times, which means that the installed file has been downloaded correctly. the application is working. Then TV is recommended to turn off.
H series. To understand how to install Skype for this Samsung Smart TV, you need to determine the TV firmware:
- section “MENU”;
- the “HELP” tab;
- contacting Samsung;
- Downloading the installer depending on the firmware.
The program disappeared in 2017
Microsoft is no longer developing and maintaining an app for the TV version. The old program will be available only for those models on which Smart TV companies leave this option.
In 2017, the Skype server for Smart TV is expected to stop working, which means that the application will no longer be available completely regardless of the brand, series, even after the firmware.
There is no alternative to skype for Smart TV yet, but this option is always available on other devices: tablets, phones, desktops. This does not mean that Smart TV is used for watching television, because there are many useful and necessary options that characterize this technology.
HDBox app description
HDbox is a well-known content catalog with a search function for the desired material across various resources. By clicking on the image of a film or series, the user can view its description, select the quality. voice acting, translation and / or other characteristics. After that, the program, taking into account the established criteria, searches on popular sites, including Zona, Seasonvar, HDGO, and so on, and then offers available options.
In addition, you can download recordings from the application and watch them offline. But for this you need to use special utilities, for example, Advanced Download Manager. Another feature of the software in question is that it does not have a built-in player, so it will need to be installed additionally. Work well with VLC Player, BS Player, MX Player and others.
Besides Android OS, HDBox can be installed on computers running Windows or Mac OS. You cannot download the application directly to these operating systems, but you can install an Android emulator of the BlueStacks environment or any other on a PC. This program creates a virtual Android device on a PC, on which, in turn, you can download HDBox, and then use the application as on a conventional technique based on this operating system. The application uses a keyboard and mouse for control. If necessary, you can run an HDMI cable from a computer or laptop to the TV panel and thus set up viewing on a large screen.
Navigating the application and searching for content through the HDBox is done as follows. After launching the software, the user enters the “New items” tab, where the latest content added to the database is presented. Other categories are available in the menu (button with three horizontal bars at the top right). These are “Films”, “Series”, “Cartoons”, “Cartoons”, “TV Shows” and “Anime”. You can select the required tab and search for content in it by scrolling through the records base. For more convenience, sorting by update date, release year, popularity and rating is available.
Another way to find the movie or show you want is to use the search button. It can be found on the main page or inside the selected section. In the first case, the search will be performed throughout the entire database, in the second case. in a specific category.
After selection, you need to click on its icon. So the user gets to a page with a description of the plot of the recording, an indication of the rating on Kinopoisk and IMDB, the cast, the crew and other information. A trailer, if available, is also available here, as well as a gallery with footage. To go to the view, you need to click on the “” button at the top of the screen. Here the user will be able to select the season and the desired episode (for serials), recording quality and translation. By clicking on a suitable file, you can start viewing. First, a short advertisement will appear on the display, and then the movie itself will start.
Installing and managing the application
To download and install the application, you need to go to the official website of the program. On the main page, click on the large green button labeled “Install HDBox”. There will be a transition to another page, where a button for downloading will appear, as well as links to the application in other services and to old versions of the program.
The downloaded file must be moved to the memory of the device on which the installation will be performed. If it is a smartphone, you can download the APK file directly from the built-in browser or through a PC, and then transfer it to the memory of the mobile device. For TVs or Smart-Boxes, you will need to first download the distribution package of the application to a flash drive, and then install it into a TV-receiver or Smart Box for installation.
It is convenient to install the application through any file manager available for download in the Play Market. Some of these programs, such as ES File Explorer, can work with cloud storage. In this case, you do not need to use USB drives or transfer the file from PC to phone. It is enough to copy the APK file to the cloud folder, and from there move it to the device memory or install it directly from the cloud. ES Explorer also has a search function on the Web, this allows you to find the official website of the developers through it and download the APK of the application from there.
Before proceeding with the installation, go to “Settings” on the existing Smart-device, then to the “Security” tab and there you should allow installation from unknown sources. Now you can click on the APK file to start the installation process. Usually the procedure takes one to two minutes, after which you can start setting up the program and subsequent work.
By default, HDBox is ready to work immediately after installation, but for more comfort when using the application, you need to configure it. To do this, a number of certain manipulations should be carried out:
- First you need to open the “Menu” of the application and select “Settings” at the bottom of the screen.
- In the “” section, you should define a player that will be used by default, so as not to assign a suitable program every time you start a movie or series. Here you can also select the priority playback of content in the best available quality, assign the next episode to automatically turn on, and also set the memory position. to continue browsing where the user left off. All of these settings will also be used by default. In this section, you can also choose a program to download. if you plan to download files, as well as assign resources where content and torrents are searched.
- In the “Catalog” tab, you can set from which resource the content base will be taken, assign a default category on the main page and select sections that you do not need to show in the menu.
- In the “View and Behavior” tab, you can change the theme and language, customize the display of file lists, and set parental controls.
- In the “Profiles” section, you need to create accounts in external services from which you download and torrents.
Having conveniently configured HDBox, the user can start viewing.
Removing a service
If you no longer need to use the service, you can delete it. To do this, on Android devices, you need to open “Settings” and go to the “Applications” section, and then select the program and click on “Delete” in the context menu.
HDBox service for Smart TV
To watch free movies and TV series online on TVs with Smart TV function, various applications are installed. These can be services from a provider, cinemas and other SIMilar software. Among the many programs with such functionality, one of the best is the popular HDBox service for Smart TV. It provides access to a huge amount of multimedia content on TV panels, smart set-top boxes, mobile equipment and other devices running Android.
HDBox advantages and disadvantages
HDBox application has the following advantages:
- a huge database of content downloaded from various sources;
- the ability to select the translation, quality, season and other recording parameters;
- file download option;
- customizing the interface, including changing the design;
- convenient division of content into categories, the presence of a search function;
- parental control support.
However, despite the many advantages, the service also has disadvantages. the program is not on Google Play, so installation for inexperienced users may seem complicated. Also, you need to use a third party player for playback. But these are insignificant technical inconveniences that can be easily overcome by the above methods.
Paid and free versions of the application
Download HDBox on the official website or other resources in Russian is completely free. But there is also a paid version of the application, the purchase of which will give the user certain advantages, namely:
- disabling ads in the application (except for those embedded in the record);
- enabling the option to search for torrents and download through them in the settings;
- the ability to export links to records to the m3u Playlist by opening the series menu, while the user will have access to all series, starting with the selected one;
- convenient function of placing a shortcut to a movie or series on the desktop.
It is the auto-tuning function that is why many experts define Samsung TV-equipment as the “smartest” one on the market. Each user will be able to automatically set up TV programs, arrange them alphabetically.
First you need to choose a signal source: antenna, cable, satellite. Some Smart TV models offer the user the most popular providers. If you want to use the services of the listed operators, then the channels will be found automatically and arranged according to the traditional order.
After the end of auto-tuning, select the programs of a certain provider. They will be arranged in accordance with the settings of the TV broadcast operator. To change the location of channels, use the Move function:
- Press the Main Menu button on the remote control.
- Then select the command “Broadcast” it is presented as a white satellite dish icon.
- Scroll down until we come across the command “Change the channel number”, activate it by selecting “Enable”.
- To proceed to the next step, return to the “Home” tab, and then open the “Broadcasts” section again. press right and select the command “Modify”.
- Select the channel whose location you would like to change, select it with a tick, and then click on “Change number”.
Automatic search can be started without a remote control. If you are using an LCD Smart TV, then you can enable auto-tuning using a keyboard, mouse, or a regular smartphone. Regular TVs can be configured via the navigation buttons located on the front of the device.
How to set up your Samsung TV yourself
Many owners of television equipment from Samsung are faced with various kinds of problems in the process of self-setting the basic parameters. Especially when it comes to Smart TV models.
In fact, setting up Samsung TVs is far from the most difficult process, the main thing is to follow the instructions, and then you can achieve the desired result, while spending a minimum of free time. Of course, at first it is advisable to study the tips for setting up the TV, this is what will be discussed now.
To re-tune TV channels on an already old Samsung TV model manually, without calling the wizard, you need to take into account several extremely important nuances at once:
- old models differ from new ones in a complex and incomprehensible interface, because of this problems arise;
- outdated TVs are not equipped with automatic tuning;
- old Samsung TVs are not capable of broadcasting high definition images.
Manual tuning involves changing many important basic parameters. Sometimes this scares off users, although in fact there is nothing difficult about it, you just need to adjust the frequency correctly, you definitely cannot break the TV.
How do I tune my TV manually? Follow the SIMple step-by-step instructions:
- Open the main menu, and then go to the “Antenna” section.
- We select “Setting manually”. “Setting up digital TV channels”.
- Click on “Create”, as a result of which a window will open with additional indicators: purity, module, transfer.
- First you need to set the following parameters 170,000 kHz, 128 QAM and 6900 KS / s.
- The TV will tune in for a certain time, searching for channels. The images will change, and TV footage will start to appear.
- After finishing, you need to click on the “Save” button, after which a window will appear for adjusting the frequency, module and transmission, leave the last parameters unchanged, but indicate a new frequency. 178000 kHz, start the search again.
By the same principle, you can continue to search for TV channels, constantly adding 8000 kHz to the frequency. Experiments of this kind can be carried out up to an indicator of 226,000.
In this way, the sound and picture quality can also be significantly improved by making them very clear. Go to the menu and select the “Image” section, and then arbitrarily adjust the clarity, brightness, contrast and other parameters.
You can also sort the channels manually. To do this, open the main menu, and then go to the “Broadcast” section. Check the boxes next to the desired programs. Here you can add your favorite channels to favorites or save the current arrangement.
Locking individual channels
There are many reasons why the TV does not show certain channels, in some cases the user has blocked them. What is the purpose of this? Everything is very SIMple and straightforward, setting a password for TV channels allows you to block it from children. To tune the channels by setting some password, follow the instructions:
- Opening the main menu.
- Select the section “Broadcast”.
- Click on the command “Lock”.
- We activate it by selecting “Enable”.
- Select the channels that you want to block, just put a tick next to them.
By default, the system locks them with the standard password. 0000. However, before saving the changes made, the TV will offer to set its own password.
If at a certain moment the need for blocking disappears, then it is very easy to cancel it, for this you need to go to the “Broadcast” section again, select “Block”, and then SIMply disable this function by entering the set password.
Editing and deleting
To remove unnecessary channels, add new ones or sort them by placing favorites at the top of the list, use the “Change” option.
How do I set up channels? To adjust TV channels, follow the SIMple step-by-step instructions:
- Open the menu, select the section “Broadcast” or “Live”.
- Push on the remote control to the right.
- Select the “Change” option.
- Highlight the channels to be deleted.
- Use the arrows on the remote to move the TV channels.
As you can see, it is extremely easy to adjust the TV broadcast grid. It’s enough just to follow the previously described aLGorithm.
Particular attention should be paid to the fact that by moving a channel that has a name, you will SIMply swap it with others. For example, if you want to transfer TNT from position 20 to position 2, on which the CTC is already located, then there will be no displacement, they will SIMply change positions.
However, if the TV program does not have a title, then the entire grid will shift to a certain side. Sometimes the exposed location can get confused, so you have to periodically repeat this procedure over and over again.
Of course, right after connecting the TV, users have the question of how to properly set up the reception of TV channels? The predominantly Russian-language interface is selected by default, so you just have to perform SIMple actions in accordance with this step-by-step aLGorithm:
- Open the main menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- Go to the basic settings section.
- Click on the “Search and configure TV channels” section.
- Choose one of two ways to search for channels. manual or automatic.
- Wait for the TV to find channels, then save the programs to your Samsung TV.
If the user nevertheless begins to set up television broadcasting in automatic mode, then, in fact, the whole process will take several minutes. The device will find available channels, and then assign them numerical values, by the way, you can change them later.
Once you finish setting up your Samsung TV, the first channel in the list will automatically turn on. For a complete list of broadcasts, use the corresponding buttons on the remote control.
Many do not know how to connect and configure an external receiver, especially if it is a satellite box. In fact, it is also not difficult to do this, since mainly the interface of modern receivers is also translated into Russian and is as SIMple and understandable as possible.
Now let’s talk about the features of automatic and manual channel search that are included in free digital TV multiplexes.
Features of Samsung TVs
For example, TVs of 6 series with an LED matrix are mainly equipped with the Smart TV function. Potential buyers who have not previously used “smart” technology do not want to configure such devices on their own, therefore they pay fabulous money for the services of specialists. This is not the wisest decision, since the operating system is in Russian, therefore, in order to set up the technique, you just need to follow the step-by-step tips that pop up on the screen.
What if you lost your instructions? Manufacturers are well aware that only a small part of consumers continue to use traditional paper instructions, so they try to SIMplify the interface as much as possible and make it intuitive.
You will not find any overly complex or confusing commands in the menu. You just need to connect the TV to the network and turn it on using the remote control. You can tune free TV channels by connecting to the most common antenna.
Of course, devices released by Samsung have their own “chips” that distinguish them from other brands, but believe me, they are more related to additional functionality, so they will not be a particular problem.
Setting the picture and sound
When it comes to how to adjust the picture or adjust the volume, many users run into problems. This is actually very easy to do. You will need a remote control.
Often the picture is too dark or light, to adjust the optimal color reproduction, go to the appropriate settings. Open the service menu by pressing the button on the remote control, and then go to the “Image” section.
- by changing the contrast, the user adjusts the ratio of dark and light tones;
- clarity allows you to get rid of the blur effect, the sharpness of the image is adjusted;
- adjusting the brightness will make the picture darker or lighter, depending on the situation;
- color correction allows you to make the image as saturated as possible.
Correctly adjusted color reproduction will provide the best possible picture quality. Samsung TVs also allow advanced picture adjustments, but this command is more suitable for advanced users.
Also, a few words need to be said about how the sound is tuned. Believe me, this parameter affects viewing no less than image correction. Go to the service menu, namely the “Settings” tab, and then select the “Sound” subsection, here you need to select “Quality and method of sound transmission”.
Newer models of television equipment are equipped with additional functionality for adjusting sound parameters. First off, EQ, Dolby and Surround Mode should be noted.
The speaker system of absolutely all TV models has individual characteristics, which undoubtedly need to be taken into account in order to properly adjust the sound. Each parameter in the final score affects the overall sound.
Of course, Smart TV models are equipped with a more detailed system of sound and picture settings, so the user can adjust the operation of the television equipment for himself. When adjusting the picture, open the image and compare by it how much the template you created differs from the default parameters.
This is actually all. We examined all the subtleties of Samsung TV settings and gave specific recommendations that will allow you to choose the optimal settings.
Compatible with Samsung TV models
The application is available for TVs from 2012 release. Samsung TVs are equipped with Tizen or Orsay operating systems. The list of supported models is quite extensive, although there are models, especially on the Orsay platform from 2012 to 2014, which were not included in the list of supported, for example TB750 / 550, BD-F8900 / F8909 / F8500 / F8509 / F6900, UH6500 / 6510/6600 / 6700/7000 and others. As for the Vink application, it was developed for Samsung Smart-TV on Tizen OS from 2013 to 2018.
How to use the app on Samsung Smart TV
Rostelecom is a telecommunications company that provides home Internet services, mobile communications, and digital and interactive television. Currently, for fans of TV viewing, providers provide more and more functions for maximum comfort. You can use Rostelecom’s application for Smart TV Samsung and LG, which the company has released for the most convenient viewing of TV programs and movies. Consider the capabilities of this program for Samsung TVs.
Any application is created to make the use of Internet resources more convenient. The concept of interactive television (IPTV) has come into use relatively recently and is only gaining momentum among the user audience. This type of TV viewing assumes the ability to control the playback of available resources. That is, you can pause, skip, or even record the content you are watching.
To connect Interactive TV, Rostelecom needs a special set-top box, and for more convenience a program can be installed. Viewing on Smart TV without a set-top box is impossible. Previously, the program was called Zabava, like the portal of the same name for viewing IPTV. Later the application became known as Interactive TV. Everything about this service can be viewed on the website https://itv.rt.ru/.
Now, if you decide to download ZABAVA, you need to enter “Vink” in the search. If you want to reinstall or update an existing old application, you also need to take into account that there will no longer be a new version of Interactive TV. And he will have to install Wink to replace it. Rostelecom’s Smart-TV widget provides access to all site functionality. And for Samsung TVs, this means:
- the presence of more than 200 channels of any subject;
- the ability to download new, recently released movies at an affordable price;
- excellent content quality;
- selection of any films, TV series, etc.;
- content management: rewind, archive, pause;
- online and recorded TV shows;
- multiscreen. the ability to view on different screens. This saves the point where playback was stopped. For example, you started watching TV at home, or you can continue watching on your tablet while traveling. That is, one account can be used on 5 different devices. Installation of interactive TV on a smartphone and any other device is possible.
Installation and configuration
To watch IPTV, you will need to download the Interactive TV application. After that, you need to do the following:
- configure (if not configured) Internet connection on TV;
- go to Samsung Apps;
- find and download Interactive TV (currently only Vink widget is available);
- after installation, the program will be on the desktop, to use it, just run it.
To configure Rostelecom on TV Smart, after downloading the application, you will need to register. All you need is an email and password. You can also log in through the social network account. Odnoklassniki, or MailRu. After confirming the registration, you will need to indicate your region. No additional settings are required, everything is very SIMple and accessible.
In any case, if you have any questions or difficulties, it is better to contact Support by calling the hotline number 8 800 100 08 00. But sometimes the following problems may arise with the application:
- the program does not start or crashes. The TV’s hardware resources may be low. In this case, you need to close other open widgets. You can try updating the TV firmware version;
- channels are not shown. Perhaps it’s the time zone; you need to check the appropriate time and date setting;
- error opening some channels. Perhaps the problem is in the time zone. Also make sure to pay for the package.
If problems occur frequently, it is recommended that you reinstall the application. Resetting the TV to the factory settings can also help. Also check the quality of your internet connection.
Prefix for working with the application
After concluding an agreement with Rostelecom, you receive a special set-top box for receiving IPTV services in the set of additional equipment. Now let’s look at how to install an Interactive TV Rostelecom and how to connect a Rostelecom receiver to a TV. Depending on the receiver model, you need to connect it to the Internet. This can be done directly or through a router, as well as wired or wireless. After that, the set-top box connects to the TV.
Most often this is done through HDMI ports (the best option), but with other connectors, another connection is possible. Next, it is important to select the “AV” mode on the TV and the signal source, that is, the port through which the connection to the set-top box is made. After connecting, the Rostelecom splash screen should appear on the TV screen. This process may take some time. Next, the system will ask for a username and password to enter. Usually this data is indicated in the user agreement. After identification is completed, you can use the interactive TV.
Now you can download the Interactive TV application. It is curious that the application itself can work without a prefix. However, without this device, you will not get access to IPTV.
As for the set-top box itself, the company offers several models, so you should choose in accordance with your preferences and TV capabilities.
Thus, the application from Rostelecom for viewing interactive television provides many advantages to its users: content management, watching all kinds of films, TV shows, series in excellent quality without advertising, as well as watching anywhere and anytime thanks to the “Multiscreen” function. Apps are available for any device for free. The widget is suitable for Samsung TV models from 2012 release.
Install SIMple Smart IPTV
- Open LG Smart World in a computer browser and download the archive of the program, then unpack and save it to a flash drive.
- Connect the flash drive to TV.
- Open the Smart feed (by clicking “Home”) and go to “My Apps”.
- Click on the USB icon, that is, select the USB flash drive as the source for installing programs.
- After opening the folder, click on the SIMple Smart IPTV icon. The application will be installed in the TV memory.
- An agreement with the operator on connecting the service (it is not free, but available at a cost). By the way, after his conclusion, you can get access to free content.
- A special application for watching IP TV channels. Installed in the TV. Most of these programs do not require payment.
On the first point, I think, no explanations are needed, but with one of the popular and freely distributed IPTV programs. SIMple Smart IPTV (or SS IPTV), let’s get to know better. Using her example, we will master the installation of IP-television.
On D, F, H, E series and above:
- Open the main TV menu and go to the “Smart Features”.
- In the right half of the window, select the “Samsung Account”.
Next, you need to set a password. This is where the first differences appear:
- For E Series devices, enter any 6 characters in this field.
- Leave it blank on H and F series TVs.
After confirming registration, return to the “Smart Features” menu and click “Open Smart Hub”.
- At the bottom of the application window, click “Advanced. applications “.
- On the next screen, open “Options” and select the “IP setting” option.
- Enter the server IP address 126.96.36.199 into the window that appears. Use the numeric keypad to enter (the screen does not work here).
- Next, enter the “Options” menu again and click “Synchronize user applications” (on models of some series the option is called so, on others. “StartAppSync”).
- After synchronization, the SS-IPTV icon will appear in the “Additional Applications” section.
On J series machines:
To watch IP TV, SIMply launch the program, find your provider in the list of service providers and download the Playlist. By the way, in addition to the pre-installed Playlists, you can use your own.
How to install IPTV on LG and Samsung smart TVs
Each TV box has its own nuances and tricks. Today we’ll talk about how to install IPTV on a Smart TV of the most common brands. LG and Samsung, and how to load Playlists into it.
S imple Smart IPTV gives users the ability to download Playlists both from the program’s website (internal) and from any other sources (external). You can have as many second ones as you like and do with them whatever you want. edit, transfer to friends, put them in free access, etc.
Custom Playlists are stored in the Settings section and appear as tiles on the screen. Clicking on the tile at the bottom of the screen opens a list of its TV channels.
To download external (third-party) Playlists, go to the “Content” section and open the sub-heading of the same name. To download a selection to your TV, highlight it in the list and click “Add”. Give the sheet a meaningful name and click Save.
To load the internal Playlist, open the General section in Settings and click the Get Code button. The application will generate a one-time password that you will have to enter when downloading. It remains relevant for 1 day after generation.
Next, go to the SS IPTV website, open the “Playlist Editor” section, enter the code into the specified form and click “Add device”.
Next, open and save the document. After saving, a new tile with the name “My Playlist” will appear in the “Settings” section. This is what you just downloaded.
Using SS-IPTV as an example, it is easy to install other applications for IP-TV. The only differences will be in the address of the download server (on Samsung) and other minor details, which you can easily figure out on your own.
How to install from a flash drive
Installing software from a flash drive is available only in some series of Samsung TV sets, in particular, for a number of J-series models. For this purpose, you need to format the USB-drive in FAT32 on your computer, and then create a “userwidget” directory in its root and drop it into it all pre-downloaded widgets. Next, the flash drive must be connected to the TV receiver and go to the “Smart” section. The device recognizes the flash drive and prompts you to install existing applications. After installation, you need to restart the TV receiver. So all installed content will appear in the “My App” section.
Installation on B and C series
On TV series B and C, released in 2009 and 2010, to create a new profile and then install the required software, you need:
- press the “Internet @ TV” button on the remote control and go to the Smart-section of the TV set;
- at the bottom of the screen on the left open the “Settings” section;
- select the “Internet @ TV Login ID” tab and click “Create”;
- when the window opens, mark the line “Create login ID” and enter “develop”;
- come up with a four-digit password and confirm it;
- when a notification appears that an account has been created, press the red “A” key on the remote control to go to the account login window;
- enter the created username and password.
All. authorization in the “develop” profile is completed. Now, in order to install the necessary widgets, you should return to the “Settings” again, select the “Development” tab, confirm the terms of the license agreement and open the “IP address setting” section. Next, you need to go to your computer and start the local server. This is how it looks, for example, with the Sammy Widgets program:
- first you need to download the archive with the utility from the official site, and then unpack it and start the installation;
- when the Windows firewall goes off and prohibits the program, you need to disable protection;
- in the list of applications that appears, select those that need to be installed on the Smart-receiver, and then write down the IP-address of the computer. it is located in the utility in the bottom line in the “Server IP” field.
After that, you will need to enter the recorded data on the TV receiver in the “Setting the IP address” section and go to the “Application synchronization” tab, where you need to confirm the operation. After completing the procedure, you need to exit the Smart-section, and then click on the “Internet @ TV” remote control. The installed software will appear on the screen.
Installing software on TV
The next step is to create a project in Tizen Studio and install the widgets on the TV receiver. To do this, in the program in the upper left corner, click on the icon for creating a new project, click “Template” and “Next”. In the “Custom” drop-down list, select “TV-samsung v 3.0” or “TV-samsung v4.0” (which will be active) and click “Next”. Next, you need to select “Web Application”, then “Basic Project”, enter an arbitrary name and complete the operation. Now you need to unpack the archive with widgets and move the files to the created project, confirming the license agreement. The last step is to click on the project name and select “Run As” in the drop-down list, and then “Tizen Web Application”. If the process is successful, the required widget will be launched on the TV receiver.
Updating applications. Installation on M, K, N, R series
The method of downloading alternative applications described below is suitable for TVs of the M, K, N, R, and J series, but in the latter case, the installed widgets are deleted after restarting the TV receiver.
Installation on H series
Installing widgets on H series TVs is as follows. First you need to log into the “Smart Hub” and go to the “Samsung Account” section. To enter, you need to specify “develop” in the “Login” field, no password is required. Next, you should set the checkbox to confirm the automatic login and login. In the “Smart Hub” section, you need to aim the remote control beam at one of the default applications, for example, Megogo or YouTube, press and hold the center key on the remote control until the Synchronization Menu opens. Here you need to open “IP Settings” and enter the IP address of the local server running on the PC. After that it is necessary to call the “Synchronization menu” with the central button of the remote control and synchronize with the server. Upon completion, you need to close and reopen Smart Hub. New programs will be on the main or additional page.
How to install widgets on Samsung SMART TV
To install third-party software, you will first need to download Tizen Studio with IDE installer on your PC from the official website, choosing the appropriate bit depth. Next, you should run the installer, confirm the license agreement, set the path for placing the files and click “Install”. At the end of the installation, if the application does not start, you need to find the shortcut in the program folder and double-click on it. In the window that opens, you need to find “Tizen SK tools” and click “Install”, and then click “Extension SDK”, find “Extras” and select “Install” again. After installation and registration, you should go to the Samsung website and create an account. Next, you need to find its IP address in the PC settings.
Features of downloading third-party software
Required utilities include Sammy Widgets, XSMART Box, TheDark SmartTV Media Center / Server, and other SIMilar applications. Having installed such a program on a PC, you need to start the TV, go to the Smart Hub service and create a develop account. It is she who will allow you to set up synchronization between the virtual server on the PC and the TV for downloading widgets. An important condition. both devices must be connected to the same local network via cable or Wi-Fi.