To watch TV, all that remains is to set up the broadcast of the TV channels that it will show. Setting up TV for Smart TV Philips is as follows:
- find the house button on the remote control, press it;
- look for the “Configuration” section in the list of the menu that opens;
- then you need to select the “Installation” item and then point to the “Channel settings”;
- click on the “Automatic setup” menu.
After that, the TV itself will begin to search and install channels. The process may take some time (up to 10 minutes), so you have to wait a little.
For those who receive the signal of TV channels through a cable or a SIMple antenna, it is best to use the automatic Smart TV setup, but for owners of satellite dishes there is the possibility of satellite tuning and other various settings.
In the future, you can search for new channels in this way, but it should be remembered that after each such reinstallation, the sequence and all data about the old ones will be deleted.
Setting up your TV from scratch is easy. When it was just turned on, you need to adjust all the minimum settings for yourself:
Philips Smart TV: how to get the most out of your TV
Have you finally purchased a multifunctional, modern Philips Smart TV and want to quickly evaluate all its capabilities? But having turned on the TV to the network, it is not at all clear where to start: a lot of windows and tabs that knock an inexperienced user off the right path, and even scary to confuse something, knock down or break something.
This situation is familiar to many who first acquired such a technique, but do not despair and be afraid, the step-by-step instructions given below will give comprehensive answers to all the difficulties that have arisen.
How to set up Smart TV on a Philips TV
Most Philips TVs with the Smart TV function, since 2014, have been equipped with the Android operating system (specifically for large screens, 48-55 inches, even a special version 4.2.2 was created), but they are also available with proprietary software.
However, they all have SIMilar customization methods. Such devices are not only capable of broadcasting television channels, but also thanks to them you can fully use the Internet, as well as view files from other gadgets (camera, tablet, etc.).
Following the recommended sequence, it will be possible to connect in the shortest possible time.
When Smart TV is allowed to enter the network, it will check for updates first. They are necessary, because during the time that has passed since its production, the manufacturer, as a rule, improves the technology, fixes errors in the software, releases new, improved versions for their products.
That is why, if an offer to update the software is displayed on the screen, you must not refuse and give your consent by clicking the “Update” button.
All new Philips Smart TVs leave the factory with a minimum list of apps. Therefore, in order to expand the capabilities of your digital device, it is recommended to install them yourself, because with a smart TV you can do a lot:
- watch your favorite films, TV series online;
- To communicate in social networks;
- read news;
- call and much more.
There are several technologies for this, we will analyze each of them in more detail.
Using portable media
- find an archive with the necessary application on the Internet;
- format the digital storage device to FAT format;
- create a new folder on the USB flash drive, its name should be: Userwidget;
- insert the downloaded archive into the created folder;
- connect the drive to the socket on the Smart TV.
The TV itself must detect and install the program. Soon it will appear in the general list of applications.
Since the main advantage of Philips Smart TV is going to the network and watchings on the big screen, the Internet connection is the key point for its full operation. Let’s see how to do it.
- Check your router, clarify the password or how to connect to it. If there is no such node and you will have to use the network directly, through the wire, then pull it up, make sure of the required length.
- On the icon bar, select the Wi-Fi picture with the caption: “Connecting to the network”.
- Click “Connect”, mark how (wireless or wired connection).
- If there is a pairing with a router, a window will be displayed, which will offer several options:
- enter password. scan. In the list of available connections, select your own, specify a password;
- WPS. in this case, you can connect the devices to each other, bypassing the password entry. It will be enough just to press the button with the WPS signature on the router itself, and on the TV this item, the connection will occur automatically.
After all the steps have been completed, Internet access should be hassle-free. In case there was some kind of failure or an error was made, it is recommended to turn off and turn on the TV, repeat the manipulations again.
How to install wink on your philips TV
Here’s how to install the Airbeam TV app on your Philips Android TV.
Installing the app on a Philips TV via a computer
Open the Google Play Store app
Follow this link to open the AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring app page in the Play Store: https://bit.ly/gpsmirror
On the Google Play page, click “Install”
Sign into Google Play account
Use the same email address you used to sign in to your Philips Android TV.
Select the TV you want to install the application on
Select the name of your Philips Android TV from the “Select your device” list and click “Install”:
The app will be installed on your Philips Android TV
Open the “AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring” app on your Philips Android TV
After installing the app, open it on your TV. You can find the application in the Applications section of the home screen. Application name. “AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring App”.
Done! You can start repeating the screen to your TV
Open the Mirror app for Philips TV on your Mac and start mirroring the screen to your Philips Android TV.
If you don’t already have the Mirror for Philips TV app on your Mac, please follow the installation link: Mirror for Philips TV
Installing the app on Philips Android TV directly
Open the Google Play Store app on your Philips Android TV
Press the Home button on your remote control, select the “Google Play Store” app found under “Apps” on the home screen
Find the ‘AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring’ app
Type ‘AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring’ in the search box and click Search
Install the app
Select the ‘AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring’ app from the search results page and click Install to install the app on your Philips Android TV.
Open the “AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring” app on your Philips TV
Done! You can start repeating the screen to your TV
Open the ‘Mirror for Philips TV’ app on your Mac and start mirroring the screen to your Philips Android TV.
If you don’t already have the Philips TV Mirror app on your Mac, please follow the installation link:
Not all Smart TV owners have an idea if it is possible to put a browser or other program on the TV. Yes, this is indeed possible on most models, although there are exceptions to the rule. It is better to study the instructions in advance to find out if this is possible.
Installation of all programs is carried out according to the same principle, for example, we will consider the method of adding a Yandex browser.
How to install Yandex browser on Smart TV:
- Go to the program for installing downloadable applications (on Samsung. Smart Hub, on LG. LG Smart World). To do this, go to the main TV menu using the remote.
- The list that appears displays all programs available for download. We can rewind the entire list in search of the desired application or use the search bar at the top of the window.
- Click on the appropriate application and click on the button to install it.
- A new application will appear in the main menu of the TV, it remains only to launch it.
Important! For the instruction to work, you should connect the TV to a Wi-Fi network or connect an Ethernet cable in advance.
What web browsers should you pay attention to:
- Opera is arguably the best browser for Samsung Smart TVs. It occupies a leading position in popularity. It is in demand due to its high speed Internet connection, fast page processing and traffic savings. Opera Mini can be installed on Android TV, which supports protection from ads, spam and other negative phenomena of the Internet;
LG Smart TV
Top browsers for LG TV:
- Google Chrome is the best browser for LG Smart TV. it is also the most popular in the world. Some Android TV builds install Chrome by default. The web browser features high performance, stylish looks, many extensions, and an extensive ecosystem;
- Mozilla Firefox is another popular browser and one of the ten most downloaded programs on Android. The web browser is slightly inferior in speed to Chrome and Opera, but it has other advantages: many unique extensions, works with a lot of file formats, supports Flash;
- Dolphin Browser has its main feature. close work with many social networks. The browser can also create PDF files from any page on the web. In terms of speed and stability of work, the web browser is not inferior to other analogues.
Choosing a browser:
The TV browser on LG, Philips or Samsung is no different, as they all run on Android TV. Any of the web browsers can be successfully used on all Smart TVs. Just for the convenience of perceiving information, we have divided all browsers by TV brands, where it is convenient to use them.
Which browser for Smart TV should you choose? Installation and update instructions
The Smart TV Browser is an invaluable tool for interacting with websites. However, using the built-in browser is very inconvenient due to the unusual interface and slow loading speed. For a comfortable surfing, it is better to use third-party web browsers. Read on, what are the best browsers for Smart TV, how to install and update them.
How to update browser on Smart TV?
All web browsers are gradually evolved and updated. It is the current versions of browsers that are usually the fastest and most stable of all. We recommend that you periodically update your web browser, this will help maintain high speed and surfing comfort.
- Press on the remote control button “Settings” or Settings.
- Go to the “Support” section and select the “Update” item.
- Click on the button “Check for updates”.
- After the search, the available browser firmware is shown, we confirm its installation with the “Update” button.
- Upon completion of the update, we can proceed to using the updated version of the browser.
Important! During the update, do not turn off the TV, this can lead to serious system failures.
Enjoy the best, updated browser and fast web surfing with it. Now the pages should be processed as correctly and quickly as possible.
Let’s do a little research: “Which browser is the best on Smart TV?” Leave your opinion in the comments.
Article rating 2 / 5. Votes: 67
No votes yet! Be the first to rate this post.
Setting up from scratch
Let’s get started with setting up your Philips TV from scratch. as if you just brought it home. There is nothing complicated, just follow the steps and everything will definitely work out. But if anything. questions can be asked in the comments.
- We connect to the network. We turn on the remote control. The TV should turn on. how it will behave is unknown, there are a lot of models, versions too. So your interface may vary. In my case it is so, in yours it may be different. But the essence will certainly remain the same. So look and do like.
- Choose a language. Russian.
- Choosing a country. Russia
- Time zone. just take a city in your own time zone. This will not affect anything much, but the clock on the TV will go on it:
- TV installation method. as installed. on a rack mount or hung on a wall:
- House or Shop. choose House. The Store is needed to showcase the random in the Store (you have probably seen how some TVs show inviting demos). At home, we immediately switch the settings to combat mode:
- Settings for people with impaired hearing and vision. whatever you like, you can put it, it won’t get any worse:
- And so he invites us to make the setting. Click “Start” (what did we do before ?!)
A little bit about SMART TV from Philips
I would not like to spill water, but now you will not surprise anyone with some kind of “smart” TV sets. Personally, I’m a die-hard fan of LG, or at least Samsung. But I noticed that our readers are diligently switching to Sony Bravia and Philips TVs. What is special there, I still do not understand, apparently a matter of habit, but the price tag and functionality are about the same.
Recently, a fashion for switching to Androids has appeared. it’s cool, fashionable, and familiar, and there are more than enough functions. But webOS as a transitional form between dead firmware and a full-fledged “axis” is also not bad. And there, and there, it’s easy to connect the TV set to Wi-Fi, set up channels and install a third-party application. It is to these questions that I would like to devote further narration.
Immediately after connecting to the Internet, the TV will check for updates, and if it finds it, it will ask you for permission to update:
Update it without a second thought. At another moment, it will be possible to call the check through the “Smart TV” menu of the TV and the Updates item.
Need to tune in regular TV channels? Not a problem.
- From the main menu, select the item “Installation”:
- “Channel settings” (regular terrestrial or cable), for the satellite there is a neighboring button “Satellite settings”:
Next, the search for TV channels will begin. just wait and everything will tune itself. That’s why they are smart TVs.
It would be possible to set up channels, but first I suggest connecting to your wireless network.
- We select the appropriate item:
- Click “Connect”, and then select the type. via Wi-Fi or wired. If via Wi-Fi, we make sure that the router is turned on and distributes the network (and you know the password from it), if it’s wired, just don’t forget to connect the wire from the router to the TV.
- Let’s connect via Wi-Fi. We immediately get this picture:
- Almost all routers have a WPS button (twist it from all sides). It allows you to connect without a password. Those. press it, select an item in this WPS menu. everything is paired by itself. If there is a network password on hand, then click “Scan”. The TV finds networks:
- Select the desired one and enter the password:
- The network is connected and the Internet is available. If something went wrong. restart the TV, restart the router, try entering the CORRECT password or make a connection via WPS:
The most popular applications for Philips Smart TV at the moment:
- Vintera TV. different channels.
- Youtube. viewing from YouTube.
- IVI. selection of films.
- Skype. calls.
- TVigle. movies, cartoons, series.
- Angry Birds. yes, those same birds, and even on a large plasma.
- Explore 3D. viewing 3D movies with support.
Some features require Philips Club registration for some models. It’s like a Windows account, AppleID or Google account on Android. Details of registration are best viewed in the official from Philips:
Those. you need to go to their website, register and register your TV. Then all Smart TV functions are unlocked.
Updating the software on Philips TVs
Most modern TVs are no longer the same devices that could only receive and broadcast a digital or analog signal. At the moment, these are almost computers, even if their functional set is rather weak. Nevertheless, with their help, you can easily access the Internet, save files and carry out a lot of other manipulations.
Not surprisingly, device support requires regular software updates as and when needed. In addition, devices may have an operating system such as Android or even Windows. We’re used to computers requiring software updates, and that’s the same story with Philips TVs. But everything is SIMpler here, since many models have a built-in system for installing programs, which minimizes user participation in the process.
Software update via menu
There is an easier and more reliable way to update the firmware of your Philips TV. It is available for most users who, to put it mildly, do not understand such nuances too much. Perhaps its only drawback is the fact that the device must be connected to the Internet, otherwise nothing will work. But if there is no Wi-Fi network, then you can always use a modem on which the provider provides a consistently high speed.
Everything happens using the remote control and the TV menu.
You need to open Smart TV and find the “Settings” section;
Select the item “Update software”;
Next, select the item “Search for updates”;
The source is set to “Internet”;
Having found updates, you need to click “Update” and the software will download;
Immediately after loading, the system will offer to proceed with the update. you need to click “OK”;
After downloading updates, Android restarts to optimize the system.
Everything happens automatically, and the system handles the tasks by itself. The only thing is that the TV cannot be turned off, just like when working with a drive. Therefore, if a shutdown timer is set on the device, you need to remove it. By the way, if you don’t want to worry about updates regularly, you can make them automatically install in the menu.
How to update software on Philips TVs via storage
In order to start this procedure, neither experience nor special skills are required. All you need to do is follow the instructions exactly and prepare a few items. In particular, there must be a USB drive and firmware files that you can download yourself or use online services directly from the TV.
When it comes to Philips TVs, the most important step is choosing the right software. It’s easy to do. you can visit the official website of the manufacturer and enter the TV model in the corresponding search box by going to the “Support” section. Then a list of options will appear on the page that may be suitable in a particular case;
Then everything is SIMple. download;
After that, the downloaded file must be unpacked from the archive, and the device must be formatted to make sure that the flash drive is suitable for the TV;
Turn off the TV and connect the USB to the SERV connector. It is advisable not to experiment at this stage, since using other channels, it will most likely not be possible to adequately carry out the procedure;
Further, the TV must be turned on, wait until the drive is scanned, and the firmware process begins;
When the menu starts, you need to click “Yes”, and wait for the software to change.
To avoid any overlap, you cannot disconnect the device from the network, otherwise the TV will come to a happy end. If trouble happened, and in the process of changing the software, the lights were turned off, you should not panic. The damage is not major, but it is better to contact the service center, where the damage will be restored.
Why do I need to update the firmware of Philips TVs
Regular TV software update is not just another trick of the developers to make life difficult for ordinary users. There are several reasons to conduct it regularly:
The stability of the TV is improved. The fact is that many new models have, to put it mildly, not the best firmware installed. So if the user does not want to waste his nerves on dealing with frankly raw programs, you can SIMply update the firmware.
After the firmware, the functionality is updated, and new opportunities appear.
By flashing, you can solve many problems with Smart TV. If the system is buggy, just update it and most of the flaws will disappear. But different updates are suitable in different cases, because before installing them, you need to read what they are for.
As already mentioned, Philips TVs and the technologies used in them have developed at a rather rapid pace in recent years, as a result of which older and newer TV models should be considered separately.
To install applications this way you will need:
- Go to App Gallery from Smart TV homepage;
- Select the region in which you are located, as well as the required application;
- Add it to your home page.
After that, you can find it on your TV and start using.
Installation via ForkPlayer
Also, one of the most common ways to install widgets for Philips Smart TVs is using ForkPlayer. To use this method you will need:
- Go to the network connection settings on the TV;
- Change the specified DNS to 046.036.218.194;
- Wait for the TV to connect to the network. If this does not happen within a few minutes, try restarting it;
- After connecting to the network, launch the MegaGoProgram. Instead, ForkPlayer will start working for you;
- If you have a 2008-2010 TV, then instead of Megago you will need to run a separate optimized version of the program for Philips through TVigle.
Quite often, after changing the DNS address, there may be a lack of connection to the network, problems connecting to it, or the application will not work entirely correctly (posters will not be displayed and movies will not start) To fix this, you will need to change the DNS in your router. For this:
- Enter 046.036.218.194 as the primary DNS;
- As secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52;
- Set automatic internet settings and save changes.
Installing widgets on Philips Smart TV
In today’s smart TV market, Philips is one of the leading companies behind LG and Samsung. Over the past years, the company has been actively developing in the development and creation of modern Smart TVs that would be in no way inferior to competitors.
Philips TVs, like devices from other manufacturers, have a large number of features and installed programs. However, some people may not have enough of the original set of applications, which means that they will have to install additional extensions. It is about the features of installing widgets on Smart Philips that we decided to talk today.
Installing from a USB stick
- Format it in FAT32 system;
- Create a “userwidget” folder on it;
- Transfer archives of widgets with installation files to it;
- Launch Smart TV on the TV and insert a USB flash drive into it;
- After he recognizes the connected device, the installation of widgets will have to start, which will become known thanks to the message that appears on the TV screen;
- After the installation is finished, another message will appear. Now you can launch the installed application, which is located in the Smart TV menu.
Philips Smart TV on Android
The latest Philips TVs differ from their predecessors in that they run Android. This decision made by the manufacturers made Philips smart TVs quite attractive for a large number of users.
However, don’t worry about not being able to use the apps you love on your older Philips Smart TV. Philips’ Internet TV gallery is also present on new devices, so you can decide which app you download and where to download it from. In addition, you will not have any problems installing third-party applications from a flash drive or downloaded from other sites.
Installation using a USB stick
In the event that you cannot install the program directly from the Application Gallery, you can do it using a USB flash drive. To do this, you must do the following:
- Download the archive with the required application.
- Create a folder named “Userwidget” on a USB flash drive after formatting the drive in FAT format
- Move the archive with widgets to this folder.
- Insert the drive into your TV and enter Smart TV.
- After your TV detects the connected device, you will see a message about the start of the installation of the program.
- After a while, if everything was done correctly, the following message will appear about the successful installation of the application.
Now this application will be in your Smart TV and you can safely use it.
Installing from the App Gallery
- Open the main menu of your TV.
- Find the App Gallery icon there and click on it.
- You will be prompted to choose a region and show a list of applications, among which you can choose the one that suits you.
- Select the selected application and add it to our widgets page.
After these steps, you can always launch it from your quick access page. As you can see, this option is very SIMple and requires a minimum of actions.
Installing and configuring applications
Philips Smart TV features
All Philips Smart TVs come with a minimal list of pre-installed widgets, which are certainly not enough for most users. Therefore, for all owners of equipment from this manufacturer, the problem of finding and installing additional applications for Philips Smart TV remains urgent. After all, few people will refuse to expand the functions of their TV.
By adding various miniprograms to the menu of your TV, you can not only find and watch any films and series, but also actively communicate on social networks, monitor the weather or stock on stock exchanges, watch and record TV programs in high quality, and much more.
Users often encounter difficulties in finding, adding and configuring widgets, which leads either to a long search for solutions to these problems on the Internet, or even to incomplete use of all the capabilities of your TV.
Therefore, we tried to systematize and put together the basic information that will help you quickly and easily set up your TV and not waste your time looking for the necessary information in different sources.
Installing and configuring applications on your Philips Smart TV
For many years, Philips has remained one of the largest TV manufacturers in the world. Today it ranks third after LG and Samsung in terms of the number of devices sold. Such a high position obliges the company to follow the latest innovations in the field of television and timely introduce them into its products.
Over the past few years, special attention of TV equipment manufacturers has been focused on usability, expansion of functionality and availability of Smart TV technology in their products. Philips did not stay away from these trends and noticeably increased both the number and quality of applications for Philips Smart TV.
Installation with ForkPlayer
This way of installing widgets is probably the most popular way. All due to the fact that with the help of ForkPlayer access to a huge number of third-party applications from various content developers opens up.
This method is a little more complicated and requires more steps, but following our instructions, you should be able to handle it without any problems:
- The first thing you need to do is make sure you have the Megogo app present. If it is not in your TV, download and install.
- Next, go to the network connection settings of your TV. Select the “Network Settings” section and go into it.
- If you have “Automatic IP address” in the settings, then change it to “Static IP address”
- In the settings for this type of connection, change the following value in the DNS1 field: 046.036.218.194
- We are waiting for a couple of minutes until our TV connects to the Internet. If this did not happen, then we try to enter 085.017.030.089 or 217.079.190.156 in the DNS field. And again, we wait a couple of minutes until a connection to the network occurs (one of these three values will work with a 99% probability).
- Then we launch the Megogo widget, instead of which ForkPlayer will work.
After launching ForkPlayer, you will have access to a structured list of a huge number of applications for every taste.
The latest models of Philips TVs run on the Android operating system, all applications are installed using the Play Market service in the same way as on your smartphone or tablet. By the way, apps from the App Gallery are available on any Smart TV from Philips, regardless of the novelty of the device model.
Top Apps for Philips Smart TV
Finally, I would like to recommend you the most popular applications for Philips Smart TV, which, unfortunately, are not initially available in the App Gallery. The top apps installed on Philips Smart TVs include:
- Vintera.TV is a platform on which a huge number of digital TV channels are collected in SD, HD and 3D quality. It should be borne in mind that for comfortable viewing in high quality, high Internet speed is required, for 3D at least 10 Gbps.
- Youtube.com is the most popular service for posting and viewing onlines on a wide variety of topics.
- Ivi.ru is the most famous free online cinema for watching films in the Russian-speaking segment of the Internet. A huge number of films for every taste, from classics to the latest innovations in the industry.
- Skype.com is an application for online conferencing and communication, I think it needs no introduction.
- TVigle.ru is an online service with many Russian-language films, cartoons and TV series.
- AngryBirds is the most popular game found on almost any Smart TV.
- Explore3D is an English-language service that makes it possible, with special glasses, to watch movies in 3D absolutely free.
This is not a complete list of popular applications that you can install on your TV. Everything is limited by your imagination and desire!
So our article has come to an end. We hope that she was able to give answers to your questions related to the installation and selection of applications for Smart TV brand Philips. And now you can enjoy your favorite applications to the fullest.