Torrent Stream Controller
One of the top applications for watching TV channels on an Android set-top box, there are two versions: one is free, the other is paid, you will understand the details during installation. This is not to say that the application is perfect and there are no glitches, but the creators often release new versions. For a good broadcast quality, you need a good internet connection. In addition to TV channels, you can also watch streaming video films, series through torrents.
Channels play poorly on an Android set-top box?
If your device has become poorly reproduced video content, it may be outdated.
An actively developing application for watching free TV, many channels are available after installation. Interface. nothing new. The minimum requirement for the Internet is 2 Mbps. It may work at a lower speed, but the developers recommend these settings.
Very similar to the above application. The essence is practically the same. Here is a different interface and a slightly different channel list. The broadcast is carried out through ACE STREAM. The application also has its own content base, as well as more than 100 radio stations and more than 22,000 films, TV series and other content.
Applications for viewing terrestrial and cable television, the picture quality is used as high as possible. There is a paid version for premium content, all details are in the app.
List of applications for Android TV set-top boxes to watch TV channels
Here, of course, it’s worth separating into paid apps and free apps, first we’ll take a look at the best free apps. The only drawback of such programs is that if any problems begin with this or that application or TV channel, you cannot ask anyone to fix this problem, since no one is responsible for it. But the developers in most of these applications sell their ads, so there is a chance that it will be profitable for them to fix such errors.
Now let’s look at how to set up IPTV in Kodi, aka Kodi or Qodi.
So that they don’t run into unexpected errors, before starting we advise you to remove the one that was installed by the manufacturer, and then download the original version of KODI from the Play Market.
We go into the program and repeat all the actions that are displayed in the screenshots:
Remote path (Internet) and enter the address of the location of your IPTV list.
Turn on the add-on, and reload the program.
Done! IPTV setup in KODI completed!
How to set up an IPTV program on a Smart set-top box?
Click on and choose the method that suits us. enter link or add IPTV file.
Smart STB Setup for IPTV on LG TV, Samsung TV
We will choose a way through adding a URL link. enter the link and enter the name of the IPTV list and click OK.
We see that our sheet has loaded. all channels are sorted by headings.
Select the channel of interest to us and click on it. a request will appear with which player to play it, select MX Player
Done! You managed to set up IPTV on an Android Smart set-top box!
How to Install Any App in Smart TV that is Not Available in your TV Store
How to set up IPTV on an Android Smart set-top box?
In order to set up IP TV on a Smart set-top box, you need to download one of the applications in the Play market:
- Lazy IPTV
P.S. In our opinion, these are the easiest to set up and the most stable IPTV programs.
We would like to note that the method of installing the IPTV list may differ for different providers. For some. the sheet is installed by entering a URL link. others. loading the file through the program. Installing the file is easy. download a file from a computer to a USB flash drive and transfer it to a set-top box, or directly download it from an Android box. The URL link is a little more complicated. You can manually enter it into the program, or you can send the link to your email, open the mail on the Android set-top box and copy it from there.
Let’s consider each program separately.
Setting up Lazy IPTV on an Android set-top box:
Open the program and add a new IPTV list. click on in the upper right corner.
We select the method of adding an IPTV list (in our method.link)
Then the user enters the application catalog, conveniently divided into thematic groups. To find the desired widget, you can scroll through the appropriate section or use the search bar. Having found the content of interest, you need to click on it to go to the description page. Here you can view information about the program, find out its size and download it by clicking on the Download button, and then. Install. At the end of the procedure, a corresponding notification will appear on the screen.
Panasonic’s Smart TV app store is called Viera Connect, which can be accessed from the home page of the Smart TVs of this brand. The content is divided into many categories. “Video”, “Music”, “Sports”, “Games”, “Social networks”, etc. To download, you need to select a widget, go to its page and click on the button to install.
Xbox One can be used not only as a game console, but also as a device to access the Internet or work with numerous applications from a TV receiver. To install widgets, you need to go to the “Store” section. It includes the categories “Games”. for downloading games and “Apps”. for applications, as well as a search bar. The second tab contains a lot of content, divided into groups “Popular”, “New”, etc. Further, through the search or in any category, you need to find the content of interest and select “Buy” or “Download”.
LG Smart TV
The Sony Bravia TV lineup is divided into two branches: with and without Android OS. In the first case, applications are installed in the same way as on mobile devices (instructions are in the section on Android-based technology). And to work with applications on TV receivers of the second type, you need to do the following:
- first you need to press the Home key on the remote control, go to the “Settings” section and select “Network”, and then. “Update Internet Content”;
- after the end of the procedure, press the Sen button to go to the section with applications;
- in the list that appears there will be several widgets, to access the full list, you must click on the button with the plus image or “All applications”;
- after a complete list of content already installed and available for use on the TV appears, you can move the utilities of interest to the “My Applications” section for quick access.
To get new software that is not on the list, you need to use the Opera TV Store widget, where many other programs are available. The utility you like can be easily added to the “My Applications” section.
- completely free;
Applications of the first type can be downloaded free of charge, for the second you will need to pay the specified fixed amount, and the third can be distributed free of charge, but have a trial period or some of the functions will be available only after payment.
The process of installing applications from a USB flash drive on Philips TVs is identical to the procedure for Samsung TV receivers.
A TV player differs from an IPTV player in that it already has built-in channels and it is unnecessary to search for playlists and configure anything. The disadvantage of such applications is that you are limited by channels, functionality, or paid applications. Nevertheless, I managed to find suitable TV players, which you can see below.
This is a hybrid application that can be used as both a TV player and an IPTV player. 60 popular Russian channels are already built into it, and you can also upload your list (We talked about this above). Has no stringent system performance requirements and is well optimized.
It is similar to “Kodi”, only it has a number of advantages over it: There are many built-in applications that you just need to open and start watching an interesting movie and online TV. Also, it is better suited for an inexperienced user, because you do not need to mess with the settings and settings of the repositories.
How to disable all ads
An easy way to disable all ads in the settings at once. Thanks to the change of DNS in your TV, all ads in all applications will be cut out without purchasing PRO versions. This method works for all applications except YouTube, unfortunately.
OTT IPTV Navigator
So far, little-known, but very powerful player for playing streaming broadcasts. It has a nice design, easy control, works quickly even on weak devices. Very easy to set up and can be downloaded directly from Google Play.
A very cool TV player that the developers have created quite recently. It contains 1700 TV channels, built-in program guide, can switch the quality from SD to HD, works stably, convenient control of the remote control. The player works through Ice Stream (Torrent TV) and if you have a weak TV Box, it will slow down.
In addition to the applications above, you will probably need these programs and setup instructions in order to pump your Android TV to the maximum. Everything in this category will ensure the stability of the device and add ease of use.
Installing from a USB stick
Installing third-party widgets from flash memory is not possible on all TVs and this process is not easy, but if you follow all the recommendations, you can later use your favorite program on the screen. Samsung Smart TV 6 series and Samsung C and B have such an opportunity.
Important! To install a widget from a USB flash drive, NstreamLmod must be installed initially.
Let’s take a closer look at how all this happens in the first version of the TV:
- First of all, on the USB flash drive, you need to create a directory with files containing the downloaded files.
- Next, we install the peripheral device into the TV and find it in the list of devices.
- We log into the Smart Hub and launch NstreamLmod.
- In the letter, select the item “USB Scanner” and see the archives.
- Click on the desired one and the download process begins.
- After loading, exit the Smart Hub menu and turn off the TV.
- We turn on the TV set, go to Smart Hub again and see the program we need in the list.
Reference! In Samsung C and B, installed programs marked “user” will be removed from the USB flash drive during the installation of a new program. To solve this problem, you need to store all the files used in order to restore everything later.
How to download the app
Various apps on Smart TV show how much smarter TVs are. Samsung has a very large number of free widgets and they perform various functions and thereby expand the possibilities.
Additional Information! The company has blocked the ability to install applications from a flash drive and it is not easy to get around this situation.
Every Smart TV owner has no idea what kind of world opens up in front of him with the help of widgets. Depending on their purpose, they are divided into categories in which you can find and choose anything.
- Online viewing of films, blogs, TV series, concerts, etc.;
- Music audio players, where you can listen to new music for every taste;
- Games. here the variety is endless, as they are divided into many subgroups, genres, age categories;
- Service of additional programs for tracking the exchange rate, world time, weather and other.
First, let’s take a look at the process of downloading the widget to Smart TV:
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu, use the remote control for this.
- We select the “Network” section to make sure that the TV is connected to the Internet.
- We create an account if it is not installed when purchasing a device. In some devices, it is common to all programs called Smart Hub. If there is no such program, go to the Play Market.
- In the login line, enter the mail address, come up with and remember the password and click the “I agree with the terms” checkbox. Account is now available.
- In the “search” item, enter the name of the program that you want to download. If you don’t know what you need, you can go to any widget and read all the necessary information on its page.
- To download the program, click “Download”. After the end, a window will appear, which will indicate that it is already on your TV and you can use it.
Important! Before downloading the application to your TV, you need to check the availability of memory on the device.
Series E differs from others in that after pressing the SmartHub and “A” buttons, the inscription “Samsung account” appears. There is no need to be afraid of him, enter “develop” in the free field, after which we remember or write down the password generated by the TV. Next, click “Login”, after which you can start installing various programs.
- Log in with your account;
- Select the “Service” section by clicking on the PU Tools;
- Find in the options. Developer;
- After that, we are looking for “IP-address”, where we enter the required IP;
- At the development point there will be updated programs, to start it, click on “Synchronization of user programs”.
Series B and C
Now let’s take a look at the boot process for Samsung B and C models:
- We overload TV;
- Click on “Internet TV”, then click on the “A” button;
- Select a user to enter the PIN code;
- Go to the menu, select “settings”;
- It is obligatory to select the item “Developer”, there you need to enter the IP address and save;
- In this window, select the item “Synchronize”;
- We agree with all actions.
Samsung D series
This Samsung model requires new user authorization. This is done very simply. On the remote press “Smart HUB”, then the letter “A”, entered the menu. Now the standard authorization procedure takes place, after which you can install the required widgets.
- Press the Smart key and the red button “A”
- By clicking on the “D” button, go to and create a section with the “Develop” user;
- Click “Server IP” and enter the required numbers in the window that opens;
- Next comes the “Synchronize” button, as a result of this action, the nStreamLMOD and OVP widget will be created;
- We leave the installation section;
- We click on the “A” key to initiate an exit from the account. records;
- We go into the system again;
- There will be a list of downloaded programs.
In order for the process to proceed without problems, you must adhere to the following recommendations:
- PC and TV communication problems will disappear if you turn off the antivirus firewall;
- The installation process means synchronization of TV and computer, for this you need to create a user account called “Develop”.
- Press Internet TV, go to settings. authorize the owner of the “Develop” type;
- You can start installing the widget.
Nuances when installing widgets on TV from a flash drive
Unfortunately, the NstreamLmod application has been functioning in test mode for 30 days; before working with it, you need to make sure that it is still working. You will not be able to install again for free.
But there is a way out of this situation. You need to start LMod and select the list from “Tsnakemana”. Next, click “USB drive” and re-perform all the settings.
Sometimes it knocks out an error when opening the program, but you don’t need to be scared right away, since after the TV is overloaded it can be found and opened through the Smart Hub menu.
On the F-series model, it will not be easy to authorize the user, so before proceeding with the installation of widgets, we will consider this process in more detail. To do this, through the PU, go to the menu, in which we find the Smart functions. The account can be identified by selecting it from the list. We leave the menu by clicking on the checkbox “Remember password”.
- On the PU, press SmartHub to access additional programs;
- Click on “Options” and select “IP Settings”;
- We register the IP address of the server;
- Click “Start App Sync” to see the list of applications;
- reboot TV if needed.
How to use Kyivstar TV on Smart TV and Android TV:
You need to make sure that your TV is included in the list of Smart TVs that support work with the Kyivstar TV platform.
The TV was turned on and connected to the internet.
According to the instructions for the TV, enter the “App Store”.
Through the “Search” menu, find the “Kyivstar TV” application by the search words “Kyivstar TV” or “Kyivstar TV” or “Kyivstar TB”.
Select the Kyivstar TV application and click on its icon to go to the application page or Kyivstar TV for Android TV.
On the Kyivstar TV application page, select the Install option. After installing the application, the Kyivstar TV icon will appear in the main menu of Smart TV.
According to the instructions for the TV enter the main menu of Smart TV.
Select the Kyivstar TV icon and click it to launch the installed application.
For the final activation of the Kyivstar TV service, you need to enter the login and password that came in an SMS message from Kyivstar. To do this, go to the “MY TV” section and enter them.
Go to the TV section to watch TV channels, or to the Movies / Series / My TV sections to watch movies from the video library.
You need to make sure that your TV is included in the list of Smart TVs that support work with the Kyivstar TV platform.
Devices and Applications
Do you want to take full advantage of the Kyivstar TV service? We have a few simple solutions to help you get the most out of your experience and comfort.
- Check that the TV is running on a platform from the list below.
- According to the instructions for the TV, enter the “Application Store”.
- Through the search menu, find the application “Kyivstar TV” by the search words “Kyivstar TV”, “Kyivstar TV” or “Kyivstar TB”
|Lineup of the year||Platform||Home TV app availability in the LG Store||Smart TV interface update to version 2.0|
|2012||NetCast 3.0||Available on select models||available||These models lack the functions: Watch over (Start over), Pause and TV archive (Delayed viewing).|
|2013||NetCast 4.0||Available on select models||available|
|2014||NetCast 4.5||Available on select models||available|
|2015||NetCast 4.5||Available on select models||available|
|2014||webOS 1.0||Available on all models||available|
|2015||webOS 2.0||Available on all models||available|
|2016||webOS 3.0||Available on select models||available|
|2017||webOS 3.5||Available on select models||available|
|2018||webOS 4.0||Available on all models||available|
|2019||webOS 4.5||Available on all models||available|
|On some 2012 and 2013 models. (models are shown in the table below) application update to version 2.0 is available, but the features are missing: Watch over, Pause and TV archive. Note! The list of TVs in the table below lists the same models with different diagonals (the diagonal size corresponds to the first two digits in the name).|
|LG 55EA9800||47LM9600, 55LM9600, 84LM9600, 47LM960V, 55LM960V, 84LM960V|
|LG 84LM960 (LG 65LM960, LG 55LM960)||47LM8600. 55LM8600, 42LM860V, 47LM860V, 55LM860V|
|47LA960V, 55LA960V||47LM7600, 55LM7600, 42LM760T, 47LM760T, 55LM760T|
|LG LA8600 / LA860V: 42LA860V, 47LA860V, 55LA860V 60LA860V, 70LA860V||47LM6700, 5LM6700, 42LM670T, 47LM670T, 55LM670T|
|47LA790V, 55LA790V||42LM6200, 47LM6200, 55LM6200, 65LM6200, 42LM620T, 47LM620T, 55LM620T|
|42LA740S, 47LA740S, 55LA740S, 60LA740S||50PM9700, 60PM9700, 50PM970T, 60PM970T|
|42LA690S, 47LA690S, 55LA690S||50PM6700, 60PM6700, 50PM670T, 60PM670T|
|32LA660S, 42LA660S, 47LA660S, 50LA660, 55LA660||42PM4700, 50PM470, 42PM470T, 50PM470T|
|32LA620S, 39LA620S, 42LA620S, 47LA620S, 50LA620S, 55LA620S, 60LA620|
|32LN570V, 39LN570V, 42LN570V, 47LN570V, 50LN570V, 55LN570V, 60LN570|
|LG 50PH670, LG 60PH670|
|Lineup of the year||Platform||Home TV app availability in Samsung Store||Smart TV interface update to version 2.0|
|2011||Orsay||Available on select models||not available||On Samsung TVs of 2013 release and earlier, the update of the Smart TV interface to version 2.0 is not available (for these models, the application version 1.0 will be available for download).|
|2012||Orsay||Available on select models||not available|
|2013||Orsay||Available on select models||available|
|2014||Orsay||Available on select models||available|
|2015||Orsay||Available on select models||available|
|2015||Tizen 2.3||Available on select models||available|
|2016||Tizen 2.4||Available on all models||Coming soon|
|2017||Tizen 3.0||Available on select models||Coming soon|
|2018||Tizen 4.0||Available on all models||Available|
|2019||Tizen 4.0||Available on all models||Available|
TVs of brands Philips, Sony, Ergo, Kivi and others based on the operating system Android TV 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, as well as Android TV Box, for example, Mi Box.