Paid and free versions of the application
- disabling ads in the application (except for those embedded in the video);
- enabling the option to search for torrents and download videos through them in the settings;
- the ability to export links to videos to the m3u playlist by opening the series menu, while the user will have access to all series, starting with the selected one;
- convenient function of placing a shortcut to a movie or series on the desktop.
Installing and managing the application
To download and install the application, you need to go to the official website of the program. On the main page, click on the big green button labeled “Install HD VideoBox”. There will be a transition to another page, where a button for downloading will appear, as well as links to the application in other services and to old versions of the program.
Advantages and Disadvantages of HD VideoBox
HD VideoBox application has the following advantages:
- a huge database of video content downloaded from various sources;
- the ability to choose the translation, quality, season and other parameters of the video;
- file download option;
- customizing the interface, including changing the design;
- convenient division of content into categories, the presence of a search function;
- parental control support.
However, despite the many advantages, the service also has disadvantages. the program is not available on Google Play, so installation for inexperienced users may seem difficult. Also, you need to use a third-party player to play the video. But these are insignificant technical inconveniences that can be easily overcome by the methods described above.
The downloaded file must be moved to the memory of the device on which the installation will be performed. If it is a smartphone, you can download the APK file directly from the built-in browser or via a PC, and then transfer it to the memory of the mobile device. For TVs or Smart Boxes, you will need to first download the application distribution package to a USB flash drive, and then install it into a TV receiver or Smart Box for installation.
It is convenient to install the application through any file manager available for download in the Play Market. Some of these programs, such as ES Explorer, can work with cloud storage. In this case, you do not need to use USB sticks or transfer the file from PC to phone. It is enough to copy the APK file to a cloud folder, and from there move it to the device memory or install it directly from the cloud. ES Explorer also has a search function on the Web, this allows you to find the official website of the developers through it and download the APK of the application from there.
Before proceeding with the installation, go to the “Settings” on the existing Smart-device, then to the “Security” tab and there allow installation from unknown sources. Now you can click on the APK file to start the installation process. Usually the procedure takes one to two minutes, after which you can start setting up the program and subsequent work.
Navigating the application and searching for video content through HD VideoBox is as follows. After launching the software, the user is taken to the “New items” tab, where the latest content added to the database is presented. Other categories are available in the menu (button with three horizontal bars at the top right). These are “Films”, “Series”, “Cartoons”, “Cartoons”, “TV Shows” and “Anime”. You can select the required tab and search for content in it, scrolling through the base of videos. For more convenience, sorting by update date, release year, popularity and rating is available.
Another way to find a movie or show you are looking for is to use the search button. It can be found on the main page or inside the selected section. In the first case, the search will be performed throughout the entire database, in the second case. in a specific category.
After selecting a video, you need to click on its icon. So the user is taken to a page with a description of the video’s plot, an indication of the rating on Kinopoisk and IMDB, the cast, crew and other information. A trailer, if available, is also available here, as well as a gallery with footage. To go to the viewing, you need to click on the “Video” button at the top of the screen. Here the user will be able to select the season and the desired episode (for serials), recording quality and translation. By clicking on a suitable file, you can start viewing. First, a short advertisement will appear on the display, and then the movie itself will start.
Setting up a video service
By default, HD VideoBox is ready to work immediately after installation, but for more comfort when using the application, you need to configure it. To do this, a number of certain manipulations should be carried out:
- First you need to open the “Menu” of the application and select “Settings” at the bottom of the screen.
- In the “Video” section, you should define a player that will be used by default, so as not to assign a suitable program every time you start a movie or series. Here you can also select the priority playback of content in the best available quality, assign the next episode to be automatically turned on, and also set the memorization of the video position in order to continue viewing from the place where the user left off. All these settings will also be used by default. In this section, you can also select a program for downloading videos if you plan to download files, as well as assign resources on which the search for content and torrents is performed.
- In the “Catalog” tab, you can set from which resource the content base will be taken, assign a default category on the main page and select sections that you do not need to show in the menu.
- In the “Appearance and Behavior” tab, you can change the theme and language, customize the display of file lists, and set parental controls.
- In the “Profiles” section, you need to create accounts in external services from which videos and torrents are downloaded.
By conveniently setting up HD VideoBox, the user can start watching.
Deleting a service
If you no longer need to use a video service, you can delete it. To do this, on Android devices, you need to open “Settings” and go to the “Applications” section, and then select the program and click “Delete” in the context menu.
On LG TVs
Here are the steps you need to follow to install YouTube on a new LG TV:
- You will need to turn on the TV;
- Find the “Start” button on the control panel;
- Find “LG Store” in the list of applications. Shown here are all the programs that can be installed on your TV;
- Enter YouTube in the search bar. After the application is found, you need to go to it;
- In the window, you will now need to click the “Install” or “Install” button, depending on the language.
You can now use all the functions of the app on your LG Smart TV again. Installation is intuitive and straightforward.
Now let’s look at installing the ForkPlayer app:
- You need to go to the settings;
- Select “Network”. “Network connection.” “Connection settings.” “List of networks.” “Advanced settings.” Then choose a wired or wireless connection;
- Now, in the “Set DSN” item, select the “Manual Input” tab. And enter the numbers: 85-17-30-89;
- Click “Ok” and “Finish”;
- On the main window, select the application “Russia TV”. If it does not appear, you need to download and install in the usual way;
- We go into this application, but ForkPlayer will be installed instead;
- Further in the list of applications, we are looking for YouTube.
Whatever changes you make in the settings, always remember, or better write down the sequence of actions and the changes themselves
How to download and install the YouTube app on your Smart TV
For some reason, the YouTube application on Smart TV may be removed. For example, in June 2017, YouTube was removed from TVs older than 2012. This happened due to the termination of support for the old version of the widget (a small program that performs a certain function) YouTube, which was no longer relevant due to the hardware capabilities of the TV. Other options are possible when the software has been removed, for example, due to a flashing of the TV system. How you can download YouTube to your TV and install this application again, we will consider in this article.
Google has created the Android TV operating system, which is designed specifically for smart TVs. And many manufacturers began to install it on their devices, unlike LG and Samsung, which prefer to support their “operating systems” WebOs and Tizen, respectively.
Android TV turns your TV into a multimedia center. In addition to the usual settings for choosing a content source and its quality, there are signs of the familiar Android. That is, you can install many more applications than other Smart TVs. Access is via the Play Market. And the menu itself is very simple and straightforward. If you have Android devices, you can use them as a remote control.
As already mentioned, Android TV has set-top boxes for TVs, the setup of which is as easy as setting up the built-in firmware.
There are many games available for Android TV, and dedicated USB gamepads have been released for TVs. Let’s not forget about social media. At the same time, users are offered a virtual keyboard for large screens, which can be controlled from the remote control. If you get used to it, the process will be as convenient as when accessing social networks via a PC, tablet or smartphone.
Here are a few manufacturers that use this OS: Sony, Phillips, Ergo, Sharp, Kivi.
Android TV was released in 2014, so there are no problems with YouTube. And you can download the YouTube application for Android TV through the Play Market.
It has already been mentioned that the old YouTube app has been removed by the developers. But it was replaced by a new version of the software, which has an updated design, as well as better support. Another important point is the integration with the Chromecast.
Newer Smart TV models have built-in DIAL protocol which is based on Chromecast. This device was created by Google and is designed to stream audio and video information over Wi-Fi. Simply put, you can play a movie on your smartphone that will be streamed via Chromecast to your TV.
What to do for owners of old TVs:
- Purchase a newer device model;
- Purchase a special media player: Chromecast or Android Box on the Android TV operating system, etc.;
- Install the ForkPlayer app.
Even if you do not have the opportunity to use the described methods, you can go to YouTube from the built-in TV browser. To do this, the address bar indicates www.YouTube.com by analogy with a computer browser
When it comes to media players, there is nothing complicated here. Devices are connected to the HDMI input of the TV.
But installing ForkPlayer is not that easy. Let’s take a closer look at this method.
On Samsung TVs
There are several ways to watch YouTube videos on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Using ForkPlayer:
- You need to go to Smart Hub;
- Press button A on the control panel;
- In the window that appears, in the Samsung account field, enter the word develop. The password should be pulled up automatically. If this does not happen, you need to enter 123456;
- Mark the checkboxes in the items “Remember password” and “Automatic login”. And press “Login”;
- Press “Tools” on the remote control. Then go to the submenu “Settings”. “Development”. Accept the terms of the agreement;
- Go to the menu “Server IP address setting” and enter the following numbers in the boxes: 46-36-222-114;
- In the “User Application Synchronization” menu, wait until the entire line is loaded. The message “Fully updated” appears;
- Finish the actions by clicking the “Completed” button. Return to Smart Hub;
- Press the “Exit” button on the remote control;
- Go to Smart Hub again. The ForkPlayer icon will appear on the screen;
- By launching this application, you can see a list of applications that are in it. Among them is YouTube.
The YouTube menu will be different from what you are used to. Nevertheless, the main functionality is present.
It should be said that perhaps not all links will open. And some users note that standard applications stop working.
There are also cases of ForkPlayer freezing after restarting the TV. To solve this problem, it is recommended to create a Samsung account. You can do this on the website through a computer, or on a TV. To do this, you need to click A in Smart Hub. “Create an account”. And before starting the specified player, go to your “account”. Also, do not turn off television equipment without first leaving ForkPlayer.
- Using the Smart Hub search bar
The main screen has a search bar. If you enter “watch online” into it, a list of files will be displayed, including those from YouTube. True, all the functions that are inherent in this resource will be absent, you can simply watch videos.
- Official widget with Samsung Apps
The installation is standard, as is the case for downloading any applications. In Samsung Apps, you need to find the YouTube app. But this is already for TV Samsung after 2012 release. In this software, it will be possible to link a smartphone or tablet to a TV so that you can play video on the device and watch on TV.
- Using widgets with playlists
There are also widgets, free and paid, that contain ready-made playlists. But they also have a YouTube viewing function.
Some of them are: NstreamLmod, SmartON, LmPal, etc. You just need to install them in the usual way. Note that the installation of such paid programs completely pays for itself, since they contain various online portals for watching videos with good quality and stable broadcast.
As you can see, YouTube on a Samsung Smart TV can be used in different ways, each of which has its own characteristics and level of complexity.
What YouTube will give on TV
Smart TV differs from the usual one by the presence of programs for Internet access. By default, the firmware of the TV contains different applications, depending on the operating system available. But you can install any other programs that are suitable for your TV.
YouTube on TV allows you to watch the video content of this site. The widget is designed in such a way that it is convenient for the user to work with it on TV. There is all the basic functionality as on the online portal:
- Login to your personal account and settings in it;
- Search video.
For other models with Smart TV
Downloading the YouTube app for other Smart TV models is the same as described above. But here you have to experiment, as the settings may differ and the menu items are called differently.
Another option is to download through the browser, going to various sites, however, not all TVs allow installing applications in this way.
When you finally have YouTube installed, you can link it to a PC or mobile device, since it is much more convenient to work with search through them.
- Go to YouTube on your device and go to the “View on TV” section;
- Open the application on the TV and find in the settings menu “Link device”;
- In the field that is on the device, you need to enter the code that appeared on TV;
- Now a special icon will appear on your device (a rectangle with an icon similar to Wi-Fi in the lower left corner). Now, when you click on it, you can control the search from your device.
As you can see, there are ways you can use YouTube even on old Smart TVs. If you wish, you can try to play around with the settings and install third-party applications. Or purchase a prefix. Although this is a more expensive option, it is still more reliable: there will be no freezes and unexpected failures.
Download TVigle to TV
The modern free portal Twigle will give you the opportunity to watch your favorite films from its various film library. Here you will find both Soviet films and world bestsellers that have received an Oscor and recognition of film fans all over the world. Of course, you will not find new films here, but there are definitely recognized hits in the catalog. Many people need help installing the application. Let’s consider how you can download the TVigle application for free on your TV and watch its video if you have the Internet and a device with Smart TV.
- Press the “Home” or “Smart” button on the remote control.
- Scroll through the sections until you reach the “LG Apps”.
- Next, go to the line “Applications”.
- Choose the category “Best Free” or “All”.
- You will not need to download TVigle ru for Smart TV if it is among the options offered. In this case, go to his page.
- Give the command “Install”.
- Then activate the “Run” button.
If the free TVigle channel is not present in the app catalog on the device, use the flash drive method. But it will only work if there are several USB ports on the TV:
- Download the cinema archive to your computer.
- Format flash media to FAT32.
- Create a folder in the root and copy the downloaded archive into it.
- Connect the USB stick to the TV via the top USB port.
- Go to the section “My Apps”.
- Open the contents of the flash drive.
- Click on the file to install and start the installation.
Where to download TVigle app for Samsung, LG and other devices
- Smart TVs with Smart TV brands: Samsung, LG, Philips, Toshiba.
- Dune PS3, Playstation 4 consoles.
- Mobile gadgets.
It is best to download the TVigle cinema to your Smart TV from the official website TVigle.ru. This can be done for free. Some devices already have a movie service, you don’t have to download and upload it.
If the manufacturer has not provided the Twigle program in the list of device applications, you will have to download it yourself. You can download TVigle for Smart TV through the following services:
- of. site of a specific brand.
In addition, each brand recommends installing using special widgets and programs:
- Samsung. Flash, Explore 3D, Cinema Search, Easy POOL.
- LG. DriveCast, 3D World and Skylanders Battlegrounds.
- Android device. Download All Files.
How to install Twigle for Smart TV
Let’s take a look at how to download and install TVigle after downloading on different TV models. First, you need to register your device on the manufacturer’s network and create an account to provide an Internet connection. After authorization, proceed to download and install.
- Go to “Smart Hub” through the menu or by using the corresponding button on the remote.
- Open the “Samsung Apps” section.
- In the list of widgets, find the Twigle application.
- Click on the “Download” button to download.
- Then click “Install”.
If Twigl is not in the list of available programs, you can download it by first downloading it to a USB flash drive from your PC. On TV devices of the Samsung brand, the algorithm of actions will be as follows:
- Format the USB flash drive connected to the computer in the FAT32 system.
- Open, create the “userwidget” directory at the root.
- Download the widget as an archive to your computer.
- Without unpacking, copy to the created folder.
- Install the USB stick into the USB port on the TV.
- The program will be installed automatically. You just need to wait for the end and the inscription “Package is done”.
If you are the owner of a smart TV, Russian and foreign entertainment films, shows, TV programs are available to you, which can be watched for free through the Twigle service. With our tips, you can download TVigle for Smart TV hassle-free.
Varieties of widgets for webOS
Widgets developed for LG Smart TVs increase the capabilities of the gadget, improve its functionality and are fully customized for a specific user. But the programs built into the TV are not enough and you have to download and install them yourself.
All widgets are global and local.
LG Smart TVs have both global and local apps built in. But, in practice, people looking for an application do not even think about what kind of application it belongs to.
Therefore, widgets for Smart TV LG are divided into the following varieties:
- social networks;
- Internet telephony;
- for watching movies in 3D format;
- search applications.
Installing APK applications from a USB flash drive manually
For old LG TVs with NetCast operating system, the instructions for installing applications from a USB flash drive are standard: you need to download the application, unpack the archive onto a USB flash drive, insert the USB flash drive into the TV and the new application will appear in the “My Applications” section in the “USB” subcategory.
But users of later LG TVs running webOS often run into problems.
To install an application from a USB flash drive to a TV with webOS before 2017 release, follow these steps:
- Download the archive with the required application.
- Format USB flash drive in FAT format.
- Unpack the archive to the root of the flash drive.
- On the TV, log in with your SmartTV LG Store account.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector of the TV. If a window appears with a USB flash drive connection, you need to cancel it.
- The app should appear on the home screen.
If nothing happens at startup, you need to:
- Log in to the LG Store.
- In the lower right corner, click on “My Page”.
- Select “Purchased Applications”.
- Launch the application.
For LG TVs with the webOS operating system from 2018, to run applications from a flash drive, you must first log in to your account.
If all else fails and the applications still do not start from the USB flash drive on the TV, all that remains is to try to install the desired application through the developer mode. This method is very complicated and unsafe. Only specialists can figure out all the settings. And if something goes wrong, LG service centers will refuse to repair your TV.
Since it is not possible to install applications without an account, it is imperative to create an account. To log in to the system, you will need to do the following:
- On the remote control, the “Settings” button is pressed.
- In the “Quick” section they find the “Account Management” button.
- Create an account.
- At the end of registration, click the “Agree” button.
- To enter the system as a login, it is recommended to use an email address and enter a password.
- The next step is to confirm your email and registration is complete.
In order to make it convenient to create an account, it is recommended to connect a computer mouse to the TV. Then it will be easier to enter text.
You can use the browser on your TV to confirm your email, but your best bet is to use a computer. To do this, go to your mailbox and follow the specified link to the LG Smart World website. An inscription will appear here confirming the completion of registration.
After carrying out all the manipulations, you can log into your account on the TV. To do this, enter the email address and password specified during registration in the login window. If the data is entered correctly, then the screen will display information notifying about the successful login to the account. After that, you can start installing the APK on webos.
How to install, procedure
Installing from LG Apps Market
If your LG Smart TV has an Internet connection, then you can start installing software for webos. They do it as follows:
- after connecting the TV to the network, you need to enter the Smart Home section;
- in the LG Smart World section, you enter your account;
- in the list of applications that appeared as a result of the manipulations done, they find what they need;
- be sure to get acquainted with the information about the program and specify its price;
- at the next stage, you need to click the “Install” button;
- to install a paid application, follow all the instructions that appear on the TV screen;
- all operations are confirmed with the “Ok” button;
- after the program is installed, open it by going to Smart Home and clicking on the folder
If the application does not work, then you should fix possible errors. And this could be:
- lack of internet connection;
- the application is not suitable for this model;
- the TV does not have enough memory to install a new application;
- user is not logged in.
If, after correcting these errors, you still cannot install the program, then you should definitely contact a professional. If there is not enough memory on the device, you can delete applications that you have not used for a long time. To do this, enter the section of installed services and click on the “delete” button next to the selected program.
Installing Apps on LG Smart TV
After that, you need to connect to the Internet and log in.
If there is not enough memory left on the device, then the application can be installed from a USB flash drive. But this is much more difficult to do. For this procedure, you will need an IPTV program. The only condition is that the folder with applications must be unpacked in advance. If everything is done correctly, a list of applications for installation will appear in the upper corner of the screen.
Installing webOS applications on LG Smart TVs for a pleasant pastime
Television has become one of the main ways of spending leisure time. LG Smart TV is a versatile device for watching your favorite movies or videos, playing games and even communicating with family and friends living in other cities. To do this, they use webOS applications, the number of which is increasing every day.
Installation using a USB stick
In the event that you cannot install the program directly from the Application Gallery, you can do it using a USB flash drive. To do this, you must do the following:
- Download the archive with the required application.
- Create a folder named “Userwidget” on a USB flash drive after formatting the drive in FAT format
- Move the archive with widgets to this folder.
- Insert the drive into your TV and enter Smart TV.
- After your TV detects the connected device, you will see a message about the beginning of the installation of the program.
- After a while, if everything was done correctly, the following message will appear about the successful installation of the application.
Now this application will be in your Smart TV and you can safely use it.
Installation with ForkPlayer
This way of installing widgets is probably the most popular way. This is due to the fact that with the help of ForkPlayer, access to a huge number of third-party applications from various content developers opens up.
This method is a little more complicated and requires more steps, but following our instructions, you should be able to handle it without any problems:
- The first thing you need to do is make sure you have the Megogo app present. If it is not in your TV, download and install.
- Next, go to the network connection settings of your TV. Select the “Network Settings” section and go into it.
- If you have “Automatic IP address” in the settings, then change it to “Static IP address”
- In the settings for this type of connection, change the following value in the DNS1 field: 046.036.218.194
- We are waiting for a couple of minutes until our TV connects to the Internet. If this did not happen, then we try to enter 085.017.030.089 or 217.079.190.156 in the DNS field. And again, we wait a couple of minutes until a connection to the network occurs (one of these three values will work with a probability of 99%).
- Then we launch the Megogo widget, instead of which ForkPlayer will work.
After launching ForkPlayer, you will have access to a structured list of a huge number of applications for every taste.
Advice: In the event that the connection did not occur with all 3 DNS1 values, try to enter the value 184.108.40.206 in the DNS2 field with the proposed DNS1.
The latest models of Philips TVs run on the Android operating system, all applications are installed using the Play Market service in the same way as on your smartphone or tablet. By the way, apps from the App Gallery are available on any Smart TV from Philips, regardless of the newness of the device model.
Top Apps for Philips Smart TV
Finally, I would like to recommend you the most popular applications for Philips Smart TV, which, unfortunately, are not initially available in the App Gallery. Top applications installed on Philips Smart TVs include:
- Vintera.TV is a platform on which a huge number of digital TV channels are collected in SD-, HD- and 3D-quality. It should be borne in mind that for comfortable viewing in high quality, high Internet speed is required, for 3D at least 10 Gbps.
- YouTube.com is the most popular service for posting and viewing online videos on a wide variety of topics.
- Ivi.ru is the most famous free online cinema for watching films in the Russian-speaking segment of the Internet. A huge number of films for every taste, from classics to the latest innovations in the industry.
- Skype.com is an application for online conferencing and communication, I think it needs no introduction.
- TVigle.ru. an online service with many Russian-language films, cartoons and TV series.
- AngryBirds is the most popular game found on almost any Smart TV.
- Explore3D is an English-language service that makes it possible, with special glasses, to watch movies in 3D absolutely free.
This is not a complete list of popular applications that you can install on your TV. Everything is limited by your imagination and desire!
Install and configure applications on your Philips Smart TV
Over the past few years, special attention of TV equipment manufacturers has been focused on usability, expansion of functionality and availability of Smart TV technology in their products. Philips did not stay away from these trends and significantly increased both the number and quality of applications for Philips Smart TV.
Philips Smart TV features
All Philips Smart TVs come with a minimal list of pre-installed widgets, which are certainly not enough for most users. Therefore, for all owners of equipment from this manufacturer, the problem of finding and installing additional applications for Philips Smart TV remains urgent. After all, few people will refuse to expand the functions of their TV.
By adding various miniprograms to the menu of your TV, you can not only find and watch any films and series, but also actively communicate in social networks, monitor the weather or stock on stock exchanges, watch and record TV programs in high quality, and much more.
Users often encounter difficulties in finding, adding and configuring widgets, which leads either to a prolonged search for solutions to these problems on the Internet, or even to incomplete use of all the capabilities of your TV.
Therefore, we tried to systematize and put together the basic information that will help you quickly and easily set up your TV and not waste your time looking for the necessary information in different sources.
Installing from the App Gallery
- Open the main menu of your TV.
- Find the App Gallery icon there and click on it.
- You will be prompted to select a region and show a list of applications, among which you can choose the one that suits you.
- Select the selected application and add it to our widgets page.
After these steps, you can always launch it from your quick access page. As you can see, this option is very simple and requires a minimum of actions.
Installing and configuring applications
So our article has come to an end. We hope that she was able to provide answers to your questions related to the installation and selection of applications for Philips Smart TVs. And you can now enjoy your favorite applications to the fullest.