What are they?
All the huge variety of widgets created for “smart” television can be roughly divided into two large groups:
- global programs installed on all receivers;
- intended for local use (for example, Russian-speaking).
Each official TV firmware supplied to a particular country contains a pre-installed set that takes into account the national preferences of users.
By their functional purpose, all smart tv widgets can be divided into categories:
- services that supply at the request of VOD users (Yota Play, Omelet, IVI and NOW);
- resources providing services of interactive television IPTV;
- gaming services;
- various web services that provide information services (navigation, news, weather, exchange rates, maps, and the like);
- social platforms and network services (. Picasa, YouTube, or Yota Play);
- applications that allow viewing special content (3D);
- educational sites;
- IP telephony services (Skype);
- clients who open access to various thematics.
Smart TV widgets: small but extremely important interface elements
Together with the rapid development of information and computer technologies, the ambiguous understood word widget has rapidly burst into our lives. Without considering one and a half dozen classic definitions given in Wikipedia, we will dwell on this concept in more detail in the prism of Smart TV, which are the main topic of this article.
Installation on LG
Before starting the process of installing new programs, you should make sure that the version of the platform (operating system, software) is up-to-date. You can check this by selecting the desired item in the TV settings menu. In addition, it must be connected to the Internet, and the user must be properly authorized in the system.
This can be done in the following way:
- Plug your flash drive into the TV port labeled USB Apps and then activate MyApps.
- The external media symbol appears in the upper right corner of the screen.
- By clicking on the icon, you will access the list of available applications.
What it is?
In this sense, a “widget” is a small graphic module designed to perform a specific task. It can be a block that highlights the current weather, the current exchange rate, demonstrates the TV program guide, or facilitates access to a certain service or web resource, bypassing the traditional browser. It is interesting that they themselves practically do not limit the resource capabilities of the “smart” TV, since they weigh little, and the programs they initiate are stored in the developers’ virtual repositories.
Convenient and intuitive windows that provide access to the exciting world of your interests and hobbies, they are displayed on the screen and are organically included in the proprietary developer shell, which facilitates user interaction with various multimedia services.
By and large, widgets are designed to expand the functionality of a Smart TV, adapting it to specific user habits and preferences. Each new model of such a TV goes on sale, already having a certain set of pre-installed applications on board. However, such a set is only a basic minimum, not able to adequately satisfy the needs of all users. Therefore, they are doing their best to expand the existing list by installing additional and important programs on the TV.
Where can you download them?
Immediately, we note that today the main players on the market are Samsung, LG and Philips. Therefore, we will consider the main ways of downloading programs on TV of these particular brands.
Installation on Samsung
However, currently in free distribution, convenient and beautiful widgets for TV Samsung, developed by third parties, are extremely popular on the Runet. You can only download a third-party development from an external server, since Samsung has blocked the ability to install applications by connecting a flash drive to the TV.
The installation itself is covered in sufficient detail on the Web. However, when carrying out it, remember that during the installation process, all applications previously installed from Samsung Apps may be deleted from the TV’s memory. Therefore, you should consider in advance a list of all the widgets you need for convenient work and entertainment.
Features of working with Philips Smart TV
To date, you can install programs for Philips smart TV by choosing only from those available in the App Gallery branded service database. Third party products are not supported by Philips Smart TVs. However, as the developer himself claims, their number presented in the App Gallery is quite enough for comfortable use of all the features of Smart TV.
To do this, you need to do the following:
- on the SmartTV home page, go to the App Gallery;
- by pressing the green button on the remote control, select your region and the application you are interested in;
- by pressing the OK button on the remote control, add this application to the list of the home page.
That’s all. In this article we have analyzed the basic questions, learned what widgets are, and also learned how to install them on various TVs.
If you liked this article, subscribe to our public about smart tv and you will be aware of all new publications of the site, as well as interesting news.
The program for Smart TV called ViNTERA.TV is available today on TVs LG, Samsung, Toshiba, Philips and some Panasonic models. Using this application is no more difficult than using an ordinary TV, so the service is more than affordable for a wide range of people. The peculiarity of this program is that you do not need to register on the sites to view programs through it, while registration is required when entering the same sites from a computer. The user can create and change his Playlist, within the proposed provider, and use special offers.
- SD channels. 2 Mbps;
- HD channels. 3 Mbps;
- 3D channels. 4 Mbps.
A local network for watching TV from a provider requires speeds up to 100 Mbit / s, and today this is no longer a restriction for anyone.
Some features should be taken into account when referring to your TV model. So, you can find the ViNTERA.TV application from Samsung TVs in 2017 in the Categories section, and in LG 2012-2013. Smart World. At the same time, for the same LG 2014 this will already be the AppsGames section, Philips. App Gallery, Toshiba. Toshiba Places.
Smart TV: Apps for watching TV
Today, developers offer Smart TV owners a wide variety of applications for watching TV, movies online directly from sites, useful programs and even games. Each user can independently choose the programs he needs, but it is important to take into account the region of residence and the model of his TV.
Since TVs with Smart support run on multifunctional software, you need to know how to use them correctly. There is nothing difficult about this, but without being aware, you can get confused and make a modern “smart” TV very uncomfortable.
To download and install applications, you need an internet connection via cable or Wi-Fi. As a last resort, you can install them from a USB stick, but in fact, you don’t have to resort to this very often. The entrance to the menu for each model of the device is different, just like some of the nuances in installing the same program on different TVs. A common feature is that every Smart TV user must create an account on their TV and activate it from a computer or smartphone via email in order to have access to download paid and free applications.
Interactive TV program
Another no less convenient Smart TV application for watching TV for free is worth attention. Multiscreen, which allows you to use your account on the Interactive TV website regardless of location. To use it, you just need to install the Interactive TV program on an LG or Samsung TV (mobile devices on the Android platform, iPhone and iPad also support it), enter it, log in and use.
The functionality of the program is very SIMple. watching movies, the ability to pause and watch it from a stopped place on another device, that is, synchronizing, for example, a TV with a computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
To download the application to the TV connected to the Internet:
This app is only available for 2012 models. As for synchronization with devices on the Android operating system, its version must be at least 4.0, and for iOS. at least 5.0.
The IPTV TV channel app is now also available for Smart TVs. This program provides access to digital television, that is, to a better picture and soundtrack. There are several connection options for this application, and in many cases a special prefix is needed, but you can also do without it.
If we consider the installation of this program on Samsung Smart TVs, without a set-top box, then it should be noted right away that this is possible only for models not younger than 2010. To watch TV via IPTV, you need to download the nStreamLmod application. The setup sequence is as follows:
- Login to Smart Hub through a dedicated button on the remote control;
- Pressing button A from the remote control;
- Go to the point of creating a work record and enter the develop login and password 123456;
- Confirmation of data entry by pressing the button “Create work record”;
- Entering a username and password to log into your account;
- Pressing the Tools button from the remote control and selecting the “Settings” section;
- In the open window, select the “Development” item;
- Enter server IP address via setup. Each TV model has its own. For Samsung it is 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124;
- Pressing the application synchronization item (this action can remove all previously installed programs except standard ones);
- Upon completion of the process, launch the nStreamPlayer application and enter the address http://powernet.com.ru/stream.xml in the Playlist URL 1 field.
When the account is created, all further actions will go through your personal account from the TV menu. The list of available programs is quite large, however, in each region it may be slightly different, since there is a region
applications, local channels and so on. Despite the variety of TV models, the application installation aLGorithm is generally the same and consists of the following stages:
Speaking of applications for watching TV channels and movies online, it is worth noting the presence of such programs that allow users to view recordings in 3D. TV channel packages directly depend on the provider.
In order to choose the best option for yourself, you need to spend a few minutes on a small overview of the most relevant offers today.
There are many additional applications for watching TV programs and movies online. So, one of them is an offer from the MegaFon.TV provider. This program is free and supported by LG Smart TVs not earlier than 2013 (including TVs from v1.2.0 OS webOS), as well as Samsung Smart TVs from 2013, with the exception of those running on the Tizen operating system.
Like TV, a free program that opens access to viewing IPTV on Samsung Smart TV (all TV models), is also a relevant application today.
Control buttons on the remote control:
- Ch List. viewing the list of TV channels;
- SmartHab. entrance to Smart Hub;
- Return. return or OK;
- D. additional functions of the application.
To install Like TV, press the Smart Hab button on the TV remote control (if an update is offered, press OK), then go to the Samsung Apps section (a SIMilar section for other models), enter the name of the desired program in the search bar, press the download button and wait for the application to be installed. Upon completion, we return to the main menu, look for the application widget and launch it. You don’t need to configure anything to use.
Change subscriber or forced exit from the application
As mentioned above, after entering the identifier or contract number and password, the user does not have to do this again. However, the app has an Exit button. It allows you to automatically reset the authorization parameters. This means that the next time you start the application, it will ask you to enter your access data again.
If the user has forgotten the password, he is offered to log in to the application using the code sent in the message to the phone number. The latter is indicated in the contract and must be active. The disadvantage of this method of authorization in the application is clear: every time you start, you will have to request an SMS again. The entered password is remembered. You don’t have to enter it every time. If the user does not want to log in to the application, he cannot view the channels. However, in this guest mode, you can get acquainted with the main functionality of Online TV.
How to install the application and customize the view. How to watch Tricolor Online on Smart TVs
Owners of smart TVs with their own operating systems expect such a device to give them the maximum benefit when watching TV programs. And the Tricolor company fully meets the needs of users for comfort. Today, watching satellite broadcasts is more convenient than ever. Tricolor TV Online application, the installation of which is available for Smart TV Samsung and some other brands, allows you to enjoy all the advantages of digital television and watch your favorite programs and shows via the Internet.
Today, owners of Samsung models on Tizen OS (from version 2.3) and other TVs with Android OS higher than version 5 can watch Tricolor TV on a Smart TV. An application for LG Smart TVs is currently under development. The subscriber is required to:
- provide a stable Internet access channel at a speed of at least 12 Mbps;
- connect the TV to a local network with a cable, the use of wireless protocols, Wi-Fi is not recommended, as this can negatively affect the stability of traffic transmission;
- have an active subscription to at least the main channel package;
- install and configure Online TV from Tricolor.
Installation and authorization
After clicking on the application icon, it is downloaded and installed. When you start Online TV for the first time, it will automatically check for Internet access and prompt the user to enter the authorization data. This is the equipment identifier or the number of the contract with the subscriber, as well as a personal password.
For authorization in Online TV, the same data is used as when entering your personal account on the official Tricolor website. If the subscriber does not have such information, or he has not registered yet, this will have to be done to use the application. In case of any questions or difficulties, it is recommended to contact the Tricolor technical support service.
Tricolor TV Online application features
Tricolor TV on Smart TV is a separate application that gives you access to the full functionality of digital television. The subscriber receives the following benefits:
- viewing broadcasts from the archive (7 days of broadcasts are saved for each channel);
- pause when viewing;
- rewind to return to interesting moments of the broadcast;
- breakdown of channels by thematic categories;
- convenient channel search;
- access to the TV program guide;
- detailed descriptions of the proposed content;
- convenient contextual mode for offering potentially interesting programs and broadcasts.
But the main thing for which the Tricolor Online TV application is intended for Smart TV is to offer a consistently high quality picture when watching TV programs.
How to use the app
As such, step-by-step instructions for using Online TV Tricolor are not needed. The application has an intuitive interface that even an inexperienced user can easily understand.
- On the left is a column with channel categories.
- Selecting any category opens a list of available broadcasts.
- Acting with the buttons of the remote control up and down, right and left, it is easy to navigate through the lists.
Channel viewing starts after clicking on its icon. In this mode, after pressing the OK button, the user gains access to the control menu. There are icons for viewing from the beginning, broadcast time progress for rewinding, archive and other useful options.
Exit from viewing the channel to the main menu by pressing the “Exit” or “Back” button, depending on the TV model. In the upper part of the application window there is a line with a general TV section, as well as a “Search” and “Recommended” block. The latter is filled with broadcasts, which are selected based on the programs and channels that the user watches most often.
What capabilities does ForkPlayer have for Sony Smart TV
The specificity of ForkPlayer for Sony Smart TV is that this TV application receives content directly from the site. But most of the programs on the Internet do not work in the format in which TV can perceive them. This application processes the signal and then converts its format. But these are not the only functions of the application:
- The user can watch and listen to music from any site;
- Downloading applications for Sony Bravia via ForkPlayer is much easier than from other browsers, again, due to the relatively large functional potential;
- Having installed on Sony Bravia Smart TV, there is already used the list of the most popular sites and online cinemas, where the user could enter;
- A person has the ability to save favorite Playlists. Thus, it will be possible to view content even without using your Sony Bravia Smart TV, but from other devices where ForkPlayer is installed;
- In addition, you can install and add other applications, both official and unofficial, but suitable for a specific model.
Installing Smart TV applications on Sony through ForkPlayer, like other functions, is possible only if you register on the official website of the application. When this procedure is carried out, the user will have to go to his personal account and add to the list other devices that can cooperate with each other.
How to install apps for Sony Smart TV
Smart TV is a feature found on all modern Sony TVs. Thanks to this, on devices you can perform all the same operations as on a computer, and even more. A user who has a Sony Bravia TV can now watch online directly from the TV without going over to a computer. But you need to connect the internet. In addition, you can browse the web and install various applications.
In addition, in order to use the Smart TV function, it is not at all necessary to buy the most expensive Sony devices, but you can opt for the budget TV category. Particular attention should be paid to the programs and applications that you install on the TV, since their quantity and quality largely determines what functions the device can perform.
Where to get apps for Sony Smart TV
All manufacturers of smart TVs install an original browser in the standard configuration of their devices, which is included in the package and other equipment. For Sony, this is ForkPlayer, which has a lot of interesting functions and makes the TV more convenient and enjoyable. But this player can be installed not only on Sony TVs, but also on other devices that run on Android.
As a result, you will be able to:
- View online channels, movies and from various sites;
- And also the browser helps to view information on a USB flash drive, or stored in the TV’s memory.
Anyone can add this application to a Sony TV. The player is downloaded either from the official Sony website or from unofficial resources, of course, if you are not afraid to catch a virus or install a low-quality, outdated application.
In addition, there is a standard Smart menu, which is also used as a search application if the user’s usual set of content does not suit the user. You can do whatever you want through the Smart Menu, since this is the main tool for operating the device. It reflects any program that works on the TV, and here, this list can be thinned out or replenished.
How to update web content from the Smart TV main menu
Updating web content on a TV is one of the most important steps in getting a device to work the way it should, no matter what year it was released or how long ago the software was updated. You need to update the installed content with no less frequency than flashing, therefore we are trying to download new and update old applications that are already in the TV list.
This procedure is done in this way:
- Take the remote control, and find the “Home” button on the panel. It will display in the menu, where you need to find the “Settings” section, and select the “Network” sub-item;
- In the “Network” menu, select the “Refresh Internet Content” item and wait until the automatic configuration is over;
- When the update is over, go back to your Sony Smart TV, that is, press the Home button again. In the field “Processed” you will see those programs without which the television cannot work. They are installed by default. If they are not enough, it is possible to add a few more. To do this, go to the “All Applications” section;
- If you find some additional widget that is not yet in the menu, you can add it to “My Applications”, after which it will also appear in the main “home” list.
After these settings, you can easily use Smart TV on your Sony TV, watch TV and watch Internet content.
How to install widgets on Sony Smart TV using ForkPlayer
There are several ways to install widgets on Sony Bravia Smart TV using ForkPlayer. Now we will try to consider the two most popular ways.
- Open the “Network Connection Settings” in the TV menu;
- Choose a manual installation method that will allow you to connect or disconnect any module at the user’s request;
- Next, in the settings, you should change the primary DNS. The added number should look like this: 126.96.36.199. But not the fact that it will work. If you still fail to connect to the network, you can try to bypass it on the other side, and use a slightly different set of numbers: 188.8.131.52. When that doesn’t work, the last option is usually ideal: 184.108.40.206. Much depends on the TV model, so it is advisable to try everything;
- Wait for the connection to the Internet network;
After the connection is over, you should launch the NOW.RU Theta application, although you can use Lifeshow if you go through the Opera Store. This will launch the ForkPlayer widget. It remains to carry out SIMple settings and you can work.
- You need to register on the publish.tvstore.opera.com resource;
- After registration is completed, a message about the ID address will appear on the TV screen, which is assigned to your Sony Bravia TV and from which it will work in the Opera Store for free;
- You can view the ID like this: go to the Menu, go to the About tab. But you should hurry, because the address is only valid for fifteen minutes, and if you don’t have time to enter it in the field, you will have to send a second request. This can be done by clicking on the #ID icon;
- Having received the address, you need to bind the device by entering the code in a special line, after which the “Develop” category will appear in the Opera Store;
- Go to the site http://operatv.obovse.ru/2.5/ by entering its parameters in the URL Loader column and save the information received;
In order to open the section “brb.to” and “tray.TV”, in the settings you will also need to change DNS (DHCP) to 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168, as in the first option. After installing these widgets, application customization will become much more practical and convenient, and the next updates will take a minimum of time.
Further, programs can be divided into groups such as:
- . software for watching movies, online cinemas, utilities for IPTV, services from service providers
- social programs. social networks, instant messengers, chats, etc.;
- information resources. widgets for viewing news or information portals;
- games, etc.
The last group is the custom apps already downloaded to the device. Through this category, you can update or remove installed programs.
The process of installing applications from a flash drive on Philips TVs is identical to the procedure on Samsung TV receivers.
LG Smart TV
The Sony Bravia TV lineup is divided into two branches: with and without Android OS. In the first case, applications are installed in the same way as on mobile devices (instructions are in the section on Android-based technology) And to work with applications on TV receivers of the second type, you need to do the following:
- first you need to press the Home key on the remote control, go to the “Settings” section and select “Network”, and then. “Update Internet Content”;
- after the end of the procedure, press the Sen button to go to the section with applications;
- there will be several widgets in the list that appears. To access the full list, you need to click on the button with the plus image or “All applications”;
- after a complete list of content already installed and available for use on the TV appears, you can move the utilities of interest to the “My Applications” section for quick access.
To get new software that is not on the list, you need to use the “Opera TV Store” widget, where many other programs are available. The utility you like can be easily added to the section “My Applications”.
Dune HD. Panasonic
Panasonic’s Smart TV app store is called Viera Connect, which can be accessed from the home page of the Smart TVs of this brand. The content is divided into many categories. “”, “Music”, “Sports”, “Games”, “Social networks”, etc. To download, you need to select a widget, go to its page and click on the button to install.
To install the application in Aura HD, go to the menu section of the same name. The user will be presented with a directory divided into several groups: “”, “Communication”, “News”, “Useful”. The first section is services for online viewing, as well as IPTV, the second is social networks and blogs, the third is information portals and news resources, the fourth is search engines, email clients, etc.
In the App Store, you can see a cloud icon with an arrow pointing down next to apps. This content is previously purchased or downloaded and can be re-downloaded for free.
Installing from a USB stick
If you cannot use the built-in services for installing applications for some reason, you can download the software you are interested in on a PC, transfer it to a flash drive and download it to the TV. However, this process will be different on TV receivers of different brands.
Updating existing WEB content
The default applications are updated as follows:
- on the remote control, press the Home button;
- in the menu that opens, select the “Settings” section;
- then you need to open the “Network” menu;
- then you need to select “Update Internet Content” and run the update program.
The program will automatically connect the Smart TV receiver to the Sony servers and update the applications on its own. The main condition for the successful completion of the process is that during the software update, you cannot press any buttons on the TV and remote control. Also, do not turn off the television or unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Installing new software through the menu
At the end of the update process, you need to press the Home button on the TV remote control. The default widgets will appear in the Processed window. If the user considers their number to be insufficient, then you can go to the “All applications” section, find the missing programs there and add them to “My applications”. After that they will also appear in the main list.
To add additional programs to the All Applications list, you need to use software such as Store Google Play, PlayMarket or OperaTVStore. Having opened any of the above services and found the program of interest there (for the convenience of searching, all the software available for download is sorted by category), the user SIMply adds it to the list of “My applications”.
Installing Applications on Sony SmartTVs with Android-TV OS
Due to the fact that the Smart-TV functionality is based on the Android-TV platform, it will not be difficult for even an inexperienced user to install any application on a Sony Smart TV receiver. As a search application, you can use both the standard Smart menu and the capabilities of the built-in browser (often Google Chrome). And in order to successfully install new programs, the owner of “smart” technology from Sony will need to update the existing default WEB content.
Rules for installing applications on Sony Smart TV
Sony TV receivers are known all over the world for their excellent picture quality, original design and high reliability in operation. For many years, Sony Corporation has been using the best technological solutions (in particular, Smart-TV), expanding the interface capabilities of its TVs, which has made it possible to turn them into multimedia centers. Despite the presence of diverse pre-installed programs, users, due to their taste preferences and ease of use, often need additional specific widgets. We will dwell on how to install applications on Sony Smart TV in this article.
Installing widgets using the built-in ForkPlayer program
There are several ways to install new applications using the built-in ForkPlayer software. In particular, you need to open the “Network connection settings” section in the TV receiver menu and select “Manual installation”. Next, you need to change the primary address of the DNS server by specifying 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 in the settings. Which of the following addresses is correct depends on the specific TV model, so it is recommended that you try each one. After the “smart” equipment is connected to the Internet, you need to launch the NOW.RU Theta application. As a result of these manipulations, the ForkPlayer widget will be activated, with which, after a SIMple setup, you can work.
A SIMilar result can be obtained if you follow the list of steps below.
- First, you should register at publish.tvstore.opera.com and get an ID-address assigned to the TV, from which it will work for free in the Opera Store. To see this information, you need to go to the menu, and then go to the About tab. But remember that the received ID-address is valid for only 15 minutes, after which you will need to send a second request. You can duplicate the application by clicking on the #ID icon.
- Then the received ID-address must be entered into a special line on the page https://publish.tvstore.opera.com/paired_devices/, thereby linking the TV to the Opera Store. This will open the Develop category.
- Next, in the URL Loader line of the Develop category that opens, you need to enter the address http://operatv.obovse.ru/2.5/, and then go to this site and save the information received.
After installing these widgets, setting up programs will be much easier, and updating them will not take long.
Installing third-party programs via external storage
Sony Bravia SmartTV TV receivers allow installation of applications from third-party sources, for example, from a USB stick connected via a USB input. How to do this is described on:
In this case, the owner of the TV should remember that Sony Corporation is a categorical opponent of illegal distribution of content. In this regard, before copying an application of interest from a computer to a flash drive, the latter must be correctly formatted and the files must be written in the “correct” format. Otherwise, the Smart TV receiver SIMply will not see the distribution kit written on the flash drive. All requirements for external media are detailed in pdf-instructions for specific models of television receivers (section “Playing photos / music / via USB.”). You can download such instructions on the official website of the company. For example, for TV KDL-40WD653 this is the page.
The ability to install software on Sony Smart TVs
Since 2013, Sony TVs have supported the Sony Entertainment Network, which allows users to access not only the popular Skype applications, etc. but also to streaming services Netflix, Music Unlimited and Unlimited. Currently, the company’s specialists have significantly expanded the interface capabilities of their Smart TV receivers, equipping them as standard with such modern technologies as:
- operating system (OS) Android.TV;
- Smart-TV application;
- ForkPlayer browser;
- Wi-Fi module, etc.
All this has significantly expanded the functionality of “smart” TV equipment, allowing users to independently choose and install the applications they need.
In the domestic market, you can currently find Sony SmartTVs of two types: the first. with the Android-TV OS installed, the second. without it. over, in the first case, television receivers provide the user with the ability to install the applications he needs from the Google Play Store into memory. And in the second case, “smart” TV technology opens up access to a large number of on-line services that allow you to watch and / or listen to audio content for free, however, downloading and installing third-party applications in it is impossible. To determine to which category a particular Smart TV receiver model belongs, its owner must press the Home button on the remote control (RC) and compare the image of the main menu on the screen with the figures below.
Both of the above figures show the main menu of Smart TV receivers without Android OS, but related to different modifications.
In general, most of the problems with the operation of applications installed on Sony SmartTVs are due to incorrect user actions. Rarely occurring software errors, as a rule, are taken into account by developers and are eliminated when updates or new versions are released.
Application failure is also possible due to untimely flashing of the Smart TV receiver operating system or the use of an outdated version of the program. In this case, the problem is solved by updating the TV OS firmware or SIMply installing a fresh version of the widget.
In addition, the operation of applications may be disrupted due to a failure in the Network settings or an incorrectly selected method of connecting to the latter. Such violations are corrected by eliminating the deficiencies. For example, in some cases, rejecting a wireless connection via the Wi-Fi module and using a LAN cable to connect to the Internet can help.
Summarizing the above, let us draw the reader’s attention to the fact that if the existing Smart TV receiver from Sony is running Android OS, the installation of additional software on it is SIMilar to a SIMilar process on ordinary smartphones, so it will not cause difficulties even for beginners in the industry of “smart” technology.
Installing and configuring Tizen Studio
First, you need to download and install the required software on your PC or laptop. Download and install Java, then you need to download Tizen Studio with IDE installer. Important: choose the version that matches your Windows system: 32/64 bit.
After installing Java, proceed to installing Tizen Studio, if necessary, you can change the installation path.
After successful installation of the application, the Package Manager should appear, but if this did not happen to a friend, then we go to the folder with the installed program (tizen-studio \ package-manager) and find the package-manager.exe file there and run the Package Manager.
Next, select install opposite Tizen SDK tools.
After installation, go to the Extension SDK tab and select install opposite Extras.
Installing Tizen Studio packages will take some time, so go to the official Samsung website and register (if you don’t have an account yet). Next, you need to find out the IP address of your computer or laptop. To do this, you need to go to the “Network and Sharing Center”, then select “Local Area Connection” (or wi-fi), select “Information”. your current address is in the IPv4 line (as shown in the photo below).
Now let’s move on to setting up the TV itself on Tizen OS. Open Smart Hub, go to the Applications section and, one by one, press the button “1”, “2”, “3”, “4”, “5” on the remote control, if they are not on the remote control, press the on-screen remote control. In the development window, select ON and press Enter, then enter the IP of your computer and select OK.
Next, we restart the TV. (Turn off from the remote control and disconnect from the electrical network for 30 seconds)
Now turn on the TV and go to the Applications section, if you did everything correctly, then the Developer Mode inscription will appear.
Now go to your previously created Samsung account. Click on the plus sign and enter your data.
Also, you need to find out the IP address of the TV, for this we go to the Menu and select Network / Network Status / IP Settings.
Now, we return to your PC and launch the already installed Tizen Studio application, you can find it in the 9tizen-studio / ide / TizenStudio.exe folder). After starting Tizen Studio: 1) Select the TV Connection, 2) select the Plus sign, 3) enter any name (Name), 4) enter the IP of the TV, 5) now click Add (as shown in the photo below).
Next, turn the switch to On.
Now you need to create an author and distributor certificate. To do this, you need to go to the Tools section, and select Certificate Manager.
Now we check the box on TV and select next (Next).
Here you can enter any name of the certificate.
Next, you need to enter any Author name and Password (Important: this data must be saved somewhere, since it is quite possible that you will need it in the future.
Next, we see a window asking you to log into your account. Enter the account data that you previously created on the Samsung website.
After a successful login, go on Next.
Now you need to enter the Password, you can use the same as previously created, leave everything else as it is.
If everything is done correctly, a window will appear with a message about creating certificates. Important: you need to save the certificates in a different place, not the fact that you can get them only once on a specific TV, the folder with certificates is located in Drive: \ Users \ Username \ SamsungCertificate.
Installing widgets (applications) on Samsung Smart TV Q, R (2019), N (2018), M (2017), K (2016) and J (2015) series on Tizen OS
Detailed instructions for installing widgets (applications) on Samsung Smart TV Q, R (2019), N (2018), M (2017), K (2016) and J (2015) series on Tizen OS using the new development environment Tizen Studio.
Creating a project in Tizen Studio and installing applications on a TV
Select the project creation icon (top left), select Template and click next.
Here you need to choose TV.
Now select Web Application.
Here you can enter any Project name and select Finish.
Now, you need to download and unpack, for example, ForkPlayer app for Tizen TV or select Other. Next, you need to open the archive with the application files and drag it into the project, agreeing with everything.
Now you need to right-click on the project name and select Run As. 1, and then Tizen Web Application. If everything is done correctly, the application will launch on your TV.